New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [DnD 5e] Playthings in an Interplanar Dollhouse- A Path of the Planebreaker Adven

Hylusi Quaternaros, Magus of Bleakpines
    Magework Necromancer
    Darkvision: 60ft
    AC: 15 HP: 38/38 THP: 6
    PP: 14 PIv: 14 PIs: 11
    Conditions:
    Pizza Power: Advantage on a Str or Con check until next long rest
    Savtuan Dream: 1/1 /LR, add Int, Wis or Cha to a physical check, attack or damage roll (before the roll is made)

Concentrating on:
    5/5 d6 HD
    Arcane recovery 1/1
    Spell Slots- 4/4 1st, 2/3 2nd, 2/2 3rd
    Fingerbone staff 7/10
    Alchemical treats: 3/7 granting 6THP
    Goreling count: 7

Mansion
    Oh ho. Now that was relevant information.

<Matching indeed. Interesting - and the motivation becomes clearer. For your brother, at least. It remains to be seen why the Princess was taken alongside your kin.>
    She regarded the human with a frank and interested gaze.
    <It is well known a great deal of power may be passed through genealogy, as with sorcerers or halfblooded offspring. I would like to take a blood sample from you for study. It is a shame I do not have access to the crown prince... Well, no matter.>

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Last edited by Awful; 2024-04-03 at 12:29 PM.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [DnD 5e] Playthings in an Interplanar Dollhouse- A Path of the Planebreaker Adven

Prince Doredan
    Human Martial Bard 6
    AC: 14+0 HP: 40/39+5 thp: 6
    PP: 9 PIv: 11 PIs: 9
    Conditions:
    Extra Attack: Just a friendly reminder to myself
    Accurate: Ignore up to 2 AC of targets from armor or natural armor (min. 10)
    Standing Reaction: Dodge Roll if critically hit or if hit while at 12 hit points or less (1/encounter)

The Mansion

The prince grimaces. It's not his first time, of course. The palace doctors would sometimes need to draw blood. But something about allowing sharp edges to intentionally bleed you is simply repulsive. "If necessary, I suppose. So long as the instruments are properly sterilized. And it can wait until I have had a relaxing soak in the tub - I would hate to bleed in the water and ruin it."

3. - Top - End - #603
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Bil

Twilight Cleric of Damh
    AC: 18 HP: 38 / 41 THP: 6
    PP: 17 PIv: 11 PIs: 17
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    6 / 6 d8 HD
    Spell Slots- 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 2/3, 3rd: 0/3; channel 3/3

Spoiler: Late Night Shenanigans
    Show

Bil offers the tiefling a broad smile. "As the prophet Gnossos Pappadopoulis taught us - 'Musn't ever let a chance go by. Do see if you marshal your energies though, when we're finished I might have a tale for you worth of a song."

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

Magework Necromancer
    AC: 15 HP: 38/38 THP: 6
    Conditions:
    Pizza Power: Advantage on a Str or Con check until next long rest
    Savtuan Dream: 1/1 /LR, add Int, Wis or Cha to a physical check, attack or damage roll (before the roll is made)

Concentrating on:
    5/5 d6 HD
    Arcane recovery 1/1
    Fingerbone staff 7/10
    Alchemical treats: 3/7 granting 6THP

Mansion

Excellent. The Magus allowed herself a pleased bite of breaded lactate.

<Of course. My tools are kept scrupulously clean - it is important not to contaminate work with the previous, whether alchemical ingredients or, indeed, a Prince.>
    She smiled faintly, already considering what processes she might start with once she had the sample. How best to isolate whatever factor lay within? Did it exist at all, especially within this prince supposedly without the mark? She would have to trust him that he did not have it, too. Ah, it was a shame she could not check for herself!

Never trust, always verify. That was the way.

While her mind was thinking, it was also speaking, per se.
    <On a related note, I have heard that you have quite some prowess in dueling - but in magic lies the true power. Why swords over spells? You must have had the tutors available, if you wished.>

Show

Last edited by Awful; 2024-04-07 at 06:04 PM.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

Worldswept Market

Jari, the cloud giant purveyor, tilts her head at John's questions. "You must not have ever used one. It's an exercise of will and focus. You hold the token, you think of where you want to go, and you step on the path that manifests and start walking. I can't explain it beyond that, as you'll never know till you activate one. It's... tough to describe." She gestures towards her case of Pathtokens, missing the one you just bought. "Want to buy another one?"
    The Bear is Back.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

John Smith
    Human Eldritch Knight
    AC: 19 HP: 52/52
    PP: 12 PIv: 12 PIs: 9
    Conditions:
    Concentrating:
    John nods as he reaches for his coin, his voice fairly agreeable as he replies. "It seems to be a good idea. Are they reusable? And do they go anywhere, or only somewhere specific? Or do they just make it easier to go somewhere, but you can go somewhere else instead?" His clear lack of experience and understanding of the path tokens carries clearly through his question, but his coins do seem to be totally genuine as he produces fifteen shiny golden circles, settling them on the counter in front of him.

Show

If the goal's to move everything along, and get the party together, John would just take a look around the market before heading trying to follow the directions in a strange city to a place he has never seen
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Worldswept Market

Jari looks curious that John doesn't have some idea of how these work already, but shrugs and explains. "They go anywhere the Planebreaker has already been, which, in it's long history, is most places. I've never heard of one running out of magic, so presumably you can use them as much as you want." When John hands over the fifteen gold for a token she puts it into a till that rattles with coins and hands over a jade circle with an ebon wood star that seems to shimmer with an iridescence.

His walk through the market is no less disorienting than the first time, but once John is out of the hub bub he finds the city mostly empty. Strangely empty, but not threatening. More... lonely and sad. Doredan's instructions are easy to follow, and if John gets lost the few people he sees are more than happy enough to direct him towards landmarks.

Spoiler: Crossplane Cantina
    Show
    The tiefling flicks the air with her split tongue, then smiles at Bil. "I've got time for a story. Been a long while since I've been entertained." She seems intrigued, her smile genuine and her expression open and unreserved.
    The Bear is Back.

8. - Top - End - #608

BlueKnightGuy

Prince Doredan
    Human Martial Bard 6
    Conditions:
    Standing Reaction: Dodge Roll if critically hit or if hit while at 12 hit points or less (1/encounter)

The Mansion

"Oh, it simply held no interest to me," Doredan dismisses the notion of magic. In truth, he'd simply proven rather inept at it, though his tutors had used kinder words. Not his gift, as they would put it. "Besides, dueling was - and is - in fashion in Wissimvale. A prince must not appear dull or behind the times."

9. - Top - End - #609

GreenSorcererElf

John Smith
    Human Eldritch Knight
    Conditions:
    Concentrating:
    Surprised by the abrupt emptiness of the city, John starts to look around, seeking a cause before he remembers one of the key rules he learned during his time as a mercenary. When the locals find themselves somewhere else, you probably want to find yourself somewhere else as well, because there's a reason.
    With that, he does his best to move quickly through the city, trying to find the mansion. Reaching the right building(He hopes) he looks it over, before knocking.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #610

BlueKnightGuy

Bil

Twilight Cleric of Damh
    AC: 18 HP: 38 / 41 THP: 6
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    6 / 6 d8 HD
    Spell Slots- 1st: 3/4, 2nd: 2/3, 3rd: 0/3; channel 3/3

Bil is indeed interested in Hestia, a fact his is prepared to vigorously demonstrate.

But as he arrives in the tiefling's room, a wave of remorse seizes him.
    "I am compelled to admit. I have not come by these abs naturally. You might laugh to hear it, but before we go any further, I need you to know that this is not my true form and that I have been polymorphed by a magic I do not fully understand, from my normal haregon body to this admittedly magnificent specimen. I confess, I am eager to -ehrm- explore the limits of my new form. But if Damh grants that I can return to my natural shape, I would not want you to feel I have deceived you."

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

Viridor Mansion

John finds himself welcomed into a mansion that appears bigger on the inside than the outside, with a small but eager bit of staff to aid him once he is received.

Cantina

Spoiler: Bil
    Show
    Hestia looks curiously at Bil on this tale of temporary triceps, but smiles afterwards. "If your time in this form is limited, you should enjoy it to the fullest. Come. Follow me."

Show
    Move on to the next day?
    The Bear is Back.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

Viridor Mansion

After a well rested night of sleep in a luxurious mansion, most of the party wakes up to a delicious breakfast of made to order omelets with some of the finest ingredients that can be sourced in Timeborne. The staff are more than accommodating, and soon you are well fed, well rested, and well prepared to take to the city for the day and hunt down leads and individual goals throughout this expansive multiplanar moon.

Crossplane Cantina

Bil wakes up alone, with only a feminine whiff of perfume to remember his partner for the night. A knock on the door is followed by a gruff voice saying "Checkout is at 10. It's currently 9:30. Hurry up and either pay for the room again or hit the road." Realizing how late in the day it is (judging by the moon over the plane they are visiting, the Time on Timeborne is kept independent from the planes they visit) Bil realizes that it is past time he returned to his allies and began the foot work of finding their next mission.
    The Bear is Back.

13. - Top - End - #613

BlueKnightGuy

Prince Doredan
    Human Martial Bard 6
    Conditions:

The Mansion

After a lengthy ritual of cleaning himself up, styling his hair, and putting on his regrettably singular set of presentable clothes, Prince Doredan arrives for breakfast.

"I believe the time has come to visit the Library of Worlds and inquire about this missing scholar," he states to those gathered, notably lacking the rabbit turned barbarian heartthrob. A Priest of Damh is surely out enjoying his new state. "Hopefully Bil recalls what we are doing. I believe he has one of the library's missing tomes, which we retrieved from the mansion's former owner."

14. - Top - End - #614

GreenSorcererElf

John Smith
    Human Eldritch Knight
    Conditions:
    Concentrating:
    Amazed at the opulence and luxury of the mansion, truly, a place fit for a prince, John eventually manages to find rest there after convincing the servants that he too was one of the companions of the Prince. The bath helped. As did the couple of hours of scrubbing his gear to remove mud, slime, blood, water, and rust.

In the morning, with his new boots equipped, John arrives just in time for breakfast, and what a spread of breakfast it was. Egg, but with things in it? Fancy! Definitely one of the, if not the, best meals he's had. Despite the food, Prince Doredan was the first to speak. Considering how the last "adventure" went, John frowns thoughtfully as he thinks of what went wrong last time, before replying. "That sounds like the start of a plan to me. Are there any threats or issues with visiting the library? Like another monster infested swamp, or the path breaking? And has Bil had the chance to replenish his supply of diamonds?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #615

BlueKnightGuy

Prince Doredan
    Human Martial Bard 6
    AC: 14+0 HP: 39/39 thp: 6
    Conditions:

The Mansion

Prince Doredan fixes Jack with a raised brow. Then he decides it's a fair question given their experiences thus far. "No. Simply a walk through the city. Make no mistake, it has its share of vagabonds and ne'er-do-wells. But thankfully we have yet to encounter an errant swamp."
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2024-04-23 at 03:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #616

BlueKnightGuy

Bil

Twilight Cleric of Damh
    AC: 18 HP: 41/ 41 THP:
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    6 / 6 d8 HD
    Spell Slots- 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 3/3, 3rd: 3/3; channel 3/3

Bil flings himself from the bed. His daily prayers completed in the midst of the previous night’s ecstasy, he hurries to rejoin his friends without taking the time to shed his burly transformation.

He rounds the corner to the mansion just as they set off for the library, so he rushed to their side, a self satisfied grin spreed across his face.

17. - Top - End - #617

GreenSorcererElf

John Smith
    Human Eldritch Knight
    Conditions:
    Concentrating:
    John nods, seemingly relaxing at Prince Doredan's words.
    Despite that, it doesn't stop him from collecting his backpack, and all his travel gear for the trip through the town.
    Just in case.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Magework Necromancer
    AC: 15 HP: 38/38 THP: 10
    Conditions: Pizza Power: Advantage on a Str or Con check until next long rest Savtuan Dream: 1/1 /LR, add Int, Wis or Cha to a physical check, attack or damage roll (before the roll is made) Concentrating on:
    5/5 d6 HD Arcane recovery 1/1
    Fingerbone staff 10/10
    Alchemical treats: 3/7 granting 10THP

There was little sign that the Magus had spent the night studying the Prince's blood when most normal entities would be asleep. When the party was assembled, she distributed the alchemical pills the others may have begun to be getting used to.
    <Take one of these. Do not chew.> she commanded.

At the mention of vagabonds in the city, she gave a sharp smile.
    <With fortune, the fate of the last to accost us has already spread among the rabble. One might hope it gives the rest of the vermin pause.>

Show

15 arcana for studying the Prince's Blood.

19. - Top - End - #619

GreenSorcererElf

John Smith
    Human Eldritch Knight
    Conditions:
    Concentrating:
    John blandly accepts the proffered pill Hylusi offers, but seems confused. "What is it?"
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2024-04-25 at 10:25 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Magework Necromancer
    AC: 15 HP: 38/38 THP: 10
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    5/5 d6 HD Arcane recovery 1/1
    Fingerbone staff 10/10
    Alchemical treats: 3/7 granting 10THP

<A bolstering medicine, for if you get injured.> the Magus said matter-of-factly. <To be more precise, a tiny homunculic lifeform that lingers in your digestive tract and absorbs damage in your place before expiring. In deference to any sensitive natures, i have made it raspberry-flavoured.>

Show

15 arcana for studying the Prince's Blood.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

Viridor Mansion

Hylusi's late night examination of the Prince's blood reveals an almost alarming lack of anomalies. No particular untapped magical potential. No diseases or maladies known by the magus. No sign of this force of creation or any "music" to be found. It is simply blood- healthy, red, and ideal for keeping most mortals alive.
    The Bear is Back.

22. - Top - End - #622

GreenSorcererElf

John Smith
    Human Eldritch Knight
    Conditions:
    Concentrating:
    Holding the proffered pill, John looks over to Prince Doredan, to see whether this was normal or not for a brief moment, before he goes to swallow it.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

23. - Top - End - #623

BlueKnightGuy

Prince Doredan
    Human Martial Bard 6
    AC: 14+0 HP: 39/39 thp: 10
    Conditions:

The Mansion

There is little hesitation on the Prince's part at this point, for popping the alchemical pill into his mouth. As he downs it with a shot of water, he nods and mentions offhandedly, "I do detect the raspberry flavor, yes."

24. - Top - End - #624

GreenSorcererElf

John Smith
    Human Eldritch Knight
    Conditions:
    Concentrating:
    After swallowing the strangely raspberry flavored pill, John looks to Prince Doredun and Hylusi. "Perhaps we should get started? I'm sure Bil will find us on the way."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #625

BlueKnightGuy

Bil

Twilight Cleric of Damh
    AC: 18 HP: 41/ 41 THP:
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    6 / 6 d8 HD
    Spell Slots- 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 3/3, 3rd: 3/3; channel 3/3

On cue, the transmogrified haregon arrives.

"Thank you, lady magus," he offers, accepting and downing his pill in one swift motion. "You know how much I savor these confections of yours.

Last edited by jscape2000; Yesterday at 12:29 PM.