Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Mutants WW II: Songs of the Fallen

Mutants WW II:
    Songs of the Fallen

Narrator: Bladescape
    Sequel to Mutant WW: Days of Ruin

The sound of the chime echoed through the city of Andur-Erath. The ringing of that alarm, the ancient clock on the wall of the central chambers of the Gathering Hall, was seldom heard. Heard even less in these days as most dangers had passed. The sound broke up into pieces, the frequency telling all those old enough to remember the alarm and what it spoke of. Betrayal.

Inside the tower of Erian many gathered, but to them the chime was a background noise, a filter through which they saw the horror. Before them upon the central Altar of Erian lay a form, a body. The body of the Speaker of the Tower. A man held in highest regard by the Greenseer's and the other factions, and who effectively spoke for the Councilors. And yet underneath all their noses and preparation here he lay, blood pooled beneath him, body already chilly cold, surprise writ large across his face.

The murmurs between the people surrounding his body had stopped momentarily as they all looked upon his corpse, but now they started anew. The flurry of conversation rattling through the room and into the rafters, each one sure of one fact:

The doors of the tower had been closed last night. The killer was inside. They stared numbly, each agreeing with the chime in the background as they began to review the people they knew personally. It couldn't be anyone close to them, they'd known each other for years! The killer must be someone more periphery, that was the only way they'd snuck under the radar for so long. As the whispered discussions and glancing at each other began, there was a palpitating sense of tension that rose...

------------

The smokey form gathered upon the upper point of the tower, letting the reverberation of the alarm ripple through the stone to vibrate the edges of its form. The humans and human-born always exasperated him. One death and people started to review bonds made over years, instead of trying to isolate the time and cause. Emotion pulled at their hearts. Like it should never...

It blinked away the errant thought in its mind, ignoring the implication of its own thought. It didn't need such distractions right now. Instead, it reviewed the milling figures for moments before coiling the pulse of its smoke around it to vanish from its perch. It had a task. And it had the perfect scapegoat for death. Especially now the other had already killed.

It would see the severance through.

Day One Starts Soon

Please do not Post yet, I will start the game once approved and at a time I can regularly update

Spoiler: Recruitment Post
    Show
    14th of September, 113 ANW,
    It has been three weeks since the Earth Mother left us to travel to Rieth's Altar. They should have reached the altar by now, but the powers of Rieth do not stop striking at the boundaries of Andur-Erath. Erian cries for her sister, but even now I fear that seeking grace for her is folly. Do not get me wrong, I praise Rieth for her grace where she and her sister descended to give us life after we were destroyed by our forebearer's arrogance, but Rieth has gone astray and I will not risk more of my people in an attempt to rehabilitate her.

Mother forgive me, perhaps I have read too many of the stories of the Golden Age, but I feel as if I must caution many of my people against trusting that things will go right. I have fear that we face a crisis of our own, not made by the hands of man, but one twisted from the destruction that has perverted one of our gods.

Perhaps the most worrying is the dreams I receive now nightly. Dreams of a man wielding a sword of light, a cruel smile on his face as he slays people I trust. Trusted, I suppose, given they are all members of the caravan likely dead now. I cannot help but feel like I should respond with urgency to this. I have already begun to spread word amongst my faithful that danger is coming, but my concern is I know not way the danger will arrive. I am blind.

Erian forgive me. I fear I am not strong enough.

- Diary of Lady Sustenance, Blessed of Erian

--------

The Purity's Guide stood on the hill overlooking Andur-Erath. The mighty city of the faithful to Erian stood amongst the nuclear blasted land, the single Golden Age Tower standing tall with its shattered windows in the centre of the city. Atop that tower was Erian's shrine. The location he had to reach. The location he had to take the Earthmother's Power to truly twist Erian to understand the Evils that Humanity has wrought.

Only then can the remnant of this toxic race, himself included, be wiped off this planet. It was good that he'd taken his time, otherwise he never would've intercepted the bike trying to bring back notice that they'd found Earthmother's corpse. Couldn't have the faithful aware of who he was before he sacrificed them to Rieth's Glory, after all.

Folding the bloodstained note warning the faithful of the False Goddess, the Purity's Guide stepped forwards to descend to the town. His blade of light was stored inside his heart, but once he had arrived, then all would know the taste of Rieth's Mercy.

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Striking Through Votes: Please strike out old votes, when changing to another. This helps out the narrators when counting the votes. When I tally the votes, if you do not do this, I will count your first vote.

Days and Nights:They will last approximately 48 hours for the days, and 24 for the nights. There will be possible extensions, depending on the situation, but those are the general guidelines

Autolynches: We will be autolynching players only if they do not point for 3 days straight. Of course, if you let me know that you will be gone for more than a week, I will give you a pass.

FC's Rule of Narrator Invocation: If you claim that the Narrator made a mistake, and the Narrator is asked about it, the Narrator will answer honestly. So don't use the Narrator's name in vain.

Helgraf's Scry Interference: If two characters with a scry ability look at the same player, both will get "Interference" as a result.

Bladescape's Discord Usage: Bladescape will utilise a Discord Server for night actions to prevent PM clogging.

Bladescape's rule of formatting theft: Bladescape will invariably steal formatting, rules and other such things from other Narrators, especially Lex-Kat. Do be warned that any rights that exist belong to the original creators of the formatting, rules and etc. If they do wish it, he will reformat and remove the copyrighted formatting.

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Exact List of Roles to be defined, however the game will contain the following:

Lady Sustenance - Blessed of Erian:
    Blessed of Erian, Lady of the Tower, and Highest Authority of Andur-Erath. Ignoring your own individual powers, you are the master of a group of protectors that follows your orders with no question. Each Night you may order them to Protect one target. This will stop anyone going in or them going out, but it will ensure they live to see the next day.

Purity's Guide - The Banjo:
    Last of the Pure who slew the Earthmother's Caravan, the holder of Rieth's Blade of Light has now returned. However, he is not known to the Pure of the City of the Blessed. The benefit of his successful slaughter is that he now has absorbed the power of the Earthmother in his own twisted fashion, which will leave even Erian's vaunted Greenseer unable to tell the corruption of his Soul.

The Once Innocent - Unmutated:
    One of only two who survived the Earthmother's Caravan, but only due to the Demon's influence. The dark being had left her alone in the city, but she had refused to be taken somewhere safe. For she had seen what happened when she stood to the side and watched. The blood had horrified her, to take part or even watch it happen. She knew that man with the blade was coming. She knew the Demon didn't care about the rest of the people here, but she did. She wouldn't stand aside any longer.

The Demon - Darkness Bound:
    It had been a long time since it was bound to human thoughts. The protection of the Innocent had been a compulsion it still didn't know why it was bound to. It still wanted to protect the Innocent, but her stubborn insistence on trying to save the people of this city had brought her to the heart of danger. It aggrieved the being, but it would see the goal complete. It, however, didn't care about the others. And it had its own goal to complete in this mess of a city.

Important Variation on normal rules:
    The Pure's Guide:
    The Pure will not necessarily start in contact. The Kill is defined entirely by the Purity's Guide, whose return has brought them the Blade of Rieth. If the kill would hit another Pure, instead they are put in contact with each other. There may be other ways to kill that the Pure can get their hands on.

Erian's Chosen:
    During D1 and occasionally later on there will be a vote during the day that is separate from the normal vote to kill. This is to choose a "Chosen". Once chosen they hold that position until death. The "Chosen" after they are elected have the executive decision on how to break ties whenever they come up.

Player list
    Spoiler
    Show
    Players: 11

1. Snowblaze - They who Call Opposition to Nature
    2. Rogue Alchemist - One who Seeks Lost Enlightenment
    3. Persolus - Of Skin Self-preserved
    4. Illven - Love-lorn and Lost
    5. Book Wombat - The Well-learned Fool
    6. Let'sGetKraken - The Mind Who Sleeps Below
    7. AvatarVecna - That which Died but Was Never Dead
    8. Taffimai - Amongst Progenitors of Deception
    9. Xumtiil - One Silent Shot
    10. Cazero - Nameless and wordless
    11. flat_footed - Moderately Flanked

Spectators: 2

1. Caedorus - Once Darkened, Twice Fallen
    2. Metastachydium - Growth Unending

(If any of you dislike the random thematic title feel free to ask for a change or suggest your own!)

"The Crowd swells with song and harmony, but for how long?"
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Mutants WW II: Songs of the Fallen

May Erian rest your souls.

Day 1 starts now, and ends in approximately 49 hours
    Last edited by bladescape; 2023-04-01 at 06:19 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Hello! I am not Persolus and I think you should kill him first day.
    Last edited by Xumtiil; 2023-04-02 at 11:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hello everyone! I'm Persolus and think that you shouldn't kill me first round!

RNG Declares:
    FlatFooted

The nightmares, the nightmares, they have started again... the last time such visions occurred were long before I knew what to do with them. Now, I know far too well what they mean. They mean that Purity has arrived once more, and we must stand together and strong to overcome it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    Hello! I am not Persolus and I think you should kill him first day.
    OH YOU DIDN'T JUST DO THAT

[also for the record, I will not typically be awake at this time; today, however, I have made what are known in the common vernacular as "bad choices"]
    Last edited by Persolus; 2023-04-01 at 02:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Finally! I'm dead in my practice game so that shouldn't interfere with this one and I have no excuse for not hyperposting.

Right. Vote. Err... who's even playing? Have I been the same alignment as Let'sGetKraken yet?

Also because I am a fan of this setting:

The councillor found her eyes darting between the faces of her colleagues, her friends, wishing she could see at a glance which of them were scheming to bring down everything they'd built together.

But it would not be that easy. There would be more blood before all of this ended, and that was if they could find the traitors and put an end to this madness at all.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Snowblaze

I volunteer as tribute to the gods of wrath.

Also now other people have to actually pick someone instead of defaulting to Snow
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Pretty sure we shouldn't kill Persolus, but the dice disagreed.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post
    OH YOU DIDN'T JUST DO THAT
    I did. I totally did.
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

My name is Avatar Vecna and I call Heather Harrington to the stand.

Scratch that, reverse it. I'm socially awkward.

Last edited by Illven; 2023-04-01 at 08:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Finally! I'm dead in my practice game so that shouldn't interfere with this one and I have no excuse for not hyperposting.

Right. Vote. Err... who's even playing? Have I been the same alignment as Let'sGetKraken yet?
    We have technically won together once. Does that count?

Bladescape, because a random number generator and consulting the player list is too much work on mobile.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post

Bladescape, because a random number generator and consulting the player list is too much work on mobile.
    While I'll be the first one to cheer on random Bladescape wagons, in this case I feel like going after the narrator D1 is a bold move. Let's see how that works out for you.

12. - Top - End - #12

While I'll be the first one to cheer on random Bladescape wagons, in this case I feel like going after the narrator D1 is a bold move. Let's see how that works out for you.
    It's just a placeholder vote!

....probably.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

13. - Top - End - #13

RedKnightGirl

It's just a placeholder vote!

....probably.
    Don't get me wrong, I was tempted to make the same joke and pick Bladescape for my random vote, but this is not a bastard game. There's no reason to vote the narrator for real except as a substitute for a Sleep vote. Unless it's AV ;)
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I believe I'm obliged to defend bladescape to fuel tinfoil about us being w/w, so... bladescape is obviously town, his name is written in green in the OP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I was tempted to make the same joke and pick Bladescape for my random vote, but this is not a bastard game. There's no reason to vote the narrator for real except as a substitute for a Sleep vote. Unless it's AV ;)
    Do you think it's wolfy of Kraken?

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #15

RedKnightGirl

I believe I'm obliged to defend bladescape to fuel tinfoil about us being w/w, so... bladescape is obviously town, his name is written in green in the OP!

Do you think it's wolfy of Kraken?
    No actually I think it's towny, because I wolfread him in a previous game for the way he explained his first vote of the game and we got into an entire back-and-forth about what constitutes a "random vote", so as a wolf I'd expect him to try to avoid standing out like that again.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    No actually I think it's towny, because I wolfread him in a previous game for the way he explained his first vote of the game and we got into an entire back-and-forth about what constitutes a "random vote", so as a wolf I'd expect him to try to avoid standing out like that again.
    That is. Not where I was expecting you to go with that.

After far too long spent searching the archives for the game you're referencing because I'm too stubborn to just ask, it's Harem Comedy; Taffimai was a wolf and Kraken town.

If it had been the other way round I'd definitely agree with you; as it is I can see where you're coming from but wouldn't base a read on it myself. (I'm calling it NAI.)

I do think you making that read in that way is mildly towny though.

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #17

I call upon Cazero the Nameless and Wordless to name himself and speak on his own behalf. (RNG vote).

18. - Top - End - #18

As the Well-learned Fool, I know I do not know anything. And so, I shall put my faith in the roll of the die.
    Persolus, may you not see the night.

(Also, I have no idea what my role is yet.)
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Eh, I don't know, if you have a solved game at D1, you're a wolf. Since Bladescape knows who is wolf and who is town, game is solved for him, so he must be a wolf. Alpha, even, since he picked the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    As the Well-learned Fool, I know I do not know anything. And so, I shall put my faith in the roll of the die.
    Persolus, may you not see the night.

(Also, I have no idea what my role is yet.)
    Oh my poor Persolus, that makes three.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I call upon Cazero the Nameless and Wordless to name himself and speak on his own behalf. (RNG vote).
    Hi. My name is Cazero and I'm here today to speak on behalf of Cazero.
    I'm definitely a normal Mutant and not a power role.
    Oh my poor Persolus, that makes three.
    That was bound to happen eventualy.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

21. - Top - End - #21

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Makes sense, after all I did win the game for town last time, of course the wolves would want me dead

22. - Top - End - #22

RedKnightGirl

Makes sense, after all I did win the game for town last time, of course the wolves would want me dead
    Who among the three people voting you do you think is wolfiest? (Xumtiil, Cazero, Wombat)

23. - Top - End - #23

SwashbucklerGuy

Why, all of them of course

Xumtiil is town, because she made a clever joke about me, or wolf because she pounced literally five minutes after the day started.

Cazero is town because vibes.

Wombat I have no read on yet.

On the other hand, what about Taffimai? Are you a wolf?
    Last edited by Persolus; 2023-04-03 at 06:19 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eh, I don't know, if you have a solved game at D1, you're a wolf. Since Bladescape knows who is wolf and who is town, game is solved for him, so he must be a wolf. Alpha, even, since he picked the team.
    That is an annoyingly good point. Uh... bladescape is town for Reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Hi. My name is Cazero and I'm here today to speak on behalf of Cazero.
    I'm definitely a normal Mutant and not a power role.

Greetings, fellow definitely-normal-Mutant! Any reason you're not advocating for someone's death?

Hey, I helped!

Taffimai is ahead of me on the questions so I'll just note I quite like the idea of someone other than me becoming Designated Day One Meme Wagon. Though not enough to actually join it.

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Why, all of them of course

Xumtiil is town, because she made a clever joke about me, or wolf because she pounced literally five minutes after the day started.

Cazero is town because vibes.

Wombat I have no read on yet.

On the other hand, what about Taffimai? Are you a wolf?
    He, but I'm not offended. The avatar tends to throw people off.

And I've been aching to make that joke since recruitment started. Considering that Discord got pinged when the thread went live, it wasn't very hard to be here first, and I still only beat you by two minutes.

26. - Top - End - #26

SwashbucklerGuy

He, but I'm not offended. The avatar tends to throw people off.

And I've been aching to make that joke since recruitment started. Considering that Discord got pinged when the thread went live, it wasn't very hard to be here first, and I still only beat you by two minutes.
    Whoops, my bad! At least now that particular mistake is burned into my memory

And I am glad to be an inspiration! As far as two minutes goes: I suppose I am still expecting the majority of users to be in North America, even though I know otherwise. I replied at a time I probably should not have.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Oh hey! I guess I'm not the last one in.

Vote Count

Persolus (3): Book, Xum, Caz
    Kraken (1): Snow
    Caz (1): Rogue
    Taffi (1): Persolus
    AV (1): Illven
    Blade (1): Kraken
    Snow (1): Taffi
    Something tells me Persolus rolled a 1 on their Diplomacy check.

Let's get a second vote on Kraken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Oh hey game started. Uh...not sure who to vote.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #29
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh hey game started. Uh...not sure who to vote.
    My random dice generator says you should vote for Taffi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    My random dice generator says you should vote for Taffi.
    Sure thing! Sorry Taffimai

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew