New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal!

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    To save the cult leader perhaps?
    It's still a significant risk for very little reward. So yes, not even then.

And I suppose my only other question now is if I vote Kraken to enable my void for N2.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2023-04-30 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    It's still a significant risk for very little reward. So yes, not even then.

And I suppose my only other question now is if I vote Kraken to enable my void for N2.
    I don't think you have to, it says: "Starting in the next Standby Phase, if you ever vote for that Player, they cannot activate any abilit(ies) on the next Main Phase 2." so if you're telling the truth, it should be active no matter what.

3. - Top - End - #213

I don't think you have to, it says: "Starting in the next Standby Phase, if you ever vote for that Player, they cannot activate any abilit(ies) on the next Main Phase 2." so if you're telling the truth, it should be active no matter what.
    Assuming you don't try to lynch me D3.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #214
    Colossus in the Playground

Assuming you don't try to lynch me D3.
    No, what batcathat is saying is based on the reading of the ability. Since you voted for Kraken today at all, they shouldn't be able to use their power tonight.

Tomorrow doesn't come into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Allando it is then?
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

6. - Top - End - #216

No, what batcathat is saying is based on the reading of the ability. Since you voted for Kraken today at all, they shouldn't be able to use their power tonight.

Tomorrow doesn't come into it.
    That was my first question to Xi. Actual votes are the only ones that count.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #217
    Colossus in the Playground

I would then personally prefer you vote for Kraken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #218

Kraken it is, then.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

I would then personally prefer you vote for Kraken.
    I agree. We should have enough votes on Allando to handle any vote manipulation, even without flat's, so Kraken being able to test this claim (assuming Kraken is trustworthy) seems like a good idea.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

I'm tempted to volunteer tbh

- - - Updated - - -

it would be pretty funny

- - - Updated - - -

I guess that's only relevant to later power uses though. Would take even longer to get proof. Eh.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Turn 2: End of Main Phase 1

Battle Phase

Mizar draws, glancing at his card but choosing to ignore it. "I reveal Galaxy Dragonslayer in my hand to summon Galaxy Brave!"
    Kite smirked. "Galaxy Brave gains attack when you have another monster in your graveyard. With zero attack points, you can't tribute it to get out your Galaxy-Eyes!"
    "Next, I'll Normal Summon Galaxy Dragonslayer and enter my battle phase! Galaxy Dragonslayer gains one thousand attack points whenever it attacks a Dragon... attack!"
    "Then I'll just use Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon's effect to banish both of our monsters!"
    "Oh, will you? Because no dragon under attack by my Galaxy Dragonslayer may activate any effects! So because Galaxy Dragonslayer has 2000 attack points, it rises to exactly equal your dragon's, and they crash into one another! Both are destroyed!"
    The dragonslayer, harpoon in hand, jumps through the light spilling from Kite's Dragon even as the lasers slice him apart. He gets off a single blow, and both images shatter.
    "With Galaxy Dragonslayer in my graveyard, Galaxy Brave gains two thousand attack points! Now, Galaxy Brave, attack Kite directly!"
    Kite is flung back, and his eyes widen in shock when he sees a hairline scratch on the inside of his visor. "Oh no..."
    "Your spirit is strong, Kite... but is your spacesuit?"

Back on earth, Marin draws her card and discards two cards to activate "Xyz Reborn! This allows me to summon one Xyz monster from my graveyard, but negate its effects!"
    "Do you think I fear a Ragnazero with no effects?" Quinton asks.
    "No... but you SHOULD fear a Ragnafinity!" Marin throws down "Rank-Up Magic: Barian's Force! Not only does it rank up my monster, but it also steals your monster's Xyz Materials! Now, Ragnazero! Open the waygates for CHAOS NUMBER 103: RAGNAFINITY! Now, Ragnafinity, attack Quinton's Dyson Sphere, which can now be attacked due to having no materials!"
    Wielding a dual scythe, the icy reaper spun into action as Quinton flips up a trap card.
    "I activate Xyz Rebuff! While you control an Xyz monster, I can discard a spell from my hand to activate it! I discard... Rank-Up Magic: Argent Chaos Force!"
    "Argent?"
    "My father isn't the only one who's stolen Barian power. I have modified it to suit my own needs. Now I can improve Number 9: Dyson Sphere into Chaos Number 9: CHAOS Dyson Sphere!"
    "That's pretty redundant, but my Ragnafinity's power far exceeds it!"
    "What you don't know is that in battle, instead of fighting, my new Dyson Sphere attaches your monster and ALL of its Xyz Units to itself!"
    "What!?"
    "Farewell, Ragnafinity!"
    Marin's monster vanished, and Quinton drew.
    "Now I detach ALL materials from Dyson Sphere to deal damage to you equal to one thousand times its Xyz Units! So enjoy being the first of the Barians to fall, Marin!"
    "No...." Marin growls, madness in her eyes. "I won't be dragged down by you!" And even as her form flickers from the power of Dyson Sphere, she reaches out her arms and explodes into icy shards which impact the support beams and shake the building.

In the guest room with Kite's brother Hart, Kat and Flip wait, watching the news coverage about the event.
    "We should be helping!" Kat insists, petting one of her cats.
    Quinton's voice went out over the loudspeaker before Flip could agree or disagree.
    "The building is going down, everyone out."
    Kat gasps. "But how will Kite get back?"
    There was no answer. Flip grabs hold of Kat's glove and started running.
    He's already cleared the building before he notices there's no hand in it.

Kat had run up to the transporter and was trying to drag it out... then the building buckles around her as Flip screams.

Player Role Team
    flat_footed
    BatCatHat
    CaoimhinTheCape
    LetsGetKraken
    Snowblaze
    Illven Kathy Katherine Team ZeXal
    Bladescape
    Persolus
    JeenLeen
    BookWombat
    Lady Serpentine
    Caedorus Byron Team ZeXal
    Allando Marin Barian
    Xihirli Don Thousand Not any of yours :P

Turn 2: Start of Main Phase 2

Gimme them powers.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2023-04-29 at 06:56 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

It's still possible blade is a wolf lying about being Marin's target, but at the very least they're not lying about Marin being in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

We really need to stop killing off Illven and the brothers early every game

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #223

Okay wow.

So, this is a significant positive townlean for flat. Not 100% definitive, since I could see Nash throwing under the bus at this point to get towncred, but like... second least suspicious.

Will need to look at the voting patterns. Good work town. I am fine being roleblocked tonight.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Been hard to make a post today. Just little time online between events of getting dinner cooked, eaten, and kids ready for bed.
    I wrote up a post only to see Allando's claim, which meant rewrite.
    Then, after that was done, we had the counterclaim.
    After kids bathed and I finally had time to write a new post, Day ended. Back online now that everyone's in bed.

I have the post I was going to post, but seems bad to share it at Night. And Allando's flip made most of it moot anyhow.

Some possibility relevant thoughts to share at Night:
    -I fear the wolves got what they wanted: knowledge of who Kite is. Why they want that, I'm not sure; doesn't seem worth the trade of making Kite trusted as town!Kite. But fakeclaiming Kite is an odd choice--it's a hard power to fake and somewhat easy to disprove--so (assuming it was a thoughtful choice and not a random desperate fakeclaim) they must have made it with some good reason.
    -If flat is lying, we should know by Day via Kraken.
    If there's significant worry that flat is Nash, Quattro should target him as "Nash" (to kill him in Standby Phase) so we can vote him off before he steals another vote.
    -I still have a wolflean on Batcathat.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gib me towncred for my bus pls.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    It's still possible blade is a wolf lying about being Marin's target, but at the very least they're not lying about Marin being in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

We really need to stop killing off Illven and the brothers early every game
    Yup, lol. In my defence I only tried to get the one who was a wolf killed.

Also RIP Illven, sorry for suspecting you for a while there.

Also also on further thought Kite does make a lot of sense as a fakeclaim for exactly Marin, since Allando was actually a roleblocker and could just block the people he claimed to have targeted. Which would have the added bonus of making bladescape look bad for being the only one to have claimed being targeted there. (Assuming town!bladescape, which given the flip I think is reasonable.)

Also also also I will admit the same tinfoil occurred to me wrt flat as Illven had last night. Having thought through it properly I don't think that's as likely especially with Allando not being Nash so saving him not being so much of a priority for wolves. But still. flat is not cleared.

Eh. May or may not dig into partner analysis properly today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Gib me towncred for my bus pls.
    bladescape, bussing a partner? That could never happen! The only thing more unlikely is Snowblaze doing it!
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #227

I want you all to know this nightphase is hilarious for me.

That is all.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Turn 2: End of Main Phase 2

End Phase

Vector reclines, watching the duel between Nash and Quattro. "Yes, Nash, show me how you duel... I'm sure nobody will use that knowledge to TEAR YOU APART LATER!"
    Nash glances annoyed at Vector and reveals the card he drew. "I drew Rank-Up Magic: The Seventh One! This card allows me to summon from my extra deck, Number 101: Silent Honor ARK!"
    Quattro stumbles back. "Straight from the Extra Deck!?" He shouts.
    "If only that were all, you might have a chance! No, I'm going to immediately rank up Silent Honor ARK immediately! Now, Unappeased Soul placed aboard the Ark. Arise from the abyss so deep not even light can reach it! Chaos Number 101: Silent Honor DARK!"
    The Ark is swept up and becomes merely a weapon in the hands of a massive, black-armored warrior.
    "You're finished, Quattro! You'll pay for what you've done!"
    "What I've done is why I'm here. You wouldn't have stopped chasing Yuma for anyone else, now would you have? I'm sorry for who I was, Shark. I was a scared kid, caught up in what my father was doing. It changed me... changed me into someone who delighted in pain. I'm sorry that you and your sister were caught up in that."
    Quattro lifts a hand and a trap goes up. "By paying half my life points, I can banish any monster on the field... and I choose Gimmick Puppet: Giant Grinder! Hhhhh!" Quattro twitches as his field is empty.
    "So come at me, Shark. Take my soul. Hurt me, like I hurt you. But remember... it's never too late to stop and turn around. At least..." Quattro grins. "That's what I hope. Because, Shark, if there's hope for you... maybe I can make up for what I've done, too."
    Nash's face steels in resolve. "Battle Phase."

Turn 3: Draw Phase

Powers refresh!

Standby Phase

As Yuma rides away in the back of his sister's, Kari gasps and slams on the brakes, stopping just shy of the silver-armored barian on the road.
    "You're an honorable duelist, Yuma. And if you pass Astral over willingly I'll not have to hurt you or your friends."
    Yuma, still weak, clutches his golden key. "N-no way, Dumon."
    Dumon's eye glows and his duel disk grows from his arm. "Then come out and face me."

Player Role Team
    flat_footed
    BatCatHat
    CaoimhinTheCape
    LetsGetKraken
    Snowblaze
    Illven Kathy Katherine Team ZeXal
    Bladescape
    Persolus
    JeenLeen
    BookWombat
    Lady Serpentine
    Caedorus Byron Team ZeXal
    Allando Marin Barian
    Xihirli

Main Phase One

Begin thine votes!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

19. - Top - End - #229

I am waiting for Kraken tbh. For reasons.

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I am waiting for Kraken tbh. For reasons.
    Yes, I can confirm I was blocked last night. If flat is lying, he's aligned with a role-blocker... which I don't think is possible on the Barian side. So about as hard cleared town as you can get without being an innocent child.

- - - Updated - - -

Bladescape also gets significant towncred, as do Persolus (to an extent - I can see a wolf "random" voting to distance themselves, but it's not the most likely scenario) and Snow, who I might just be terrible at reading.

Will need to look at Day 2 patterns tomorrow now that Allando has flipped and the night has passed.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2023-04-30 at 08:33 PM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

The only "flat is Nash" scenario I could think of that would make some sense if is flat and Kraken are the last wolves, and Kraken claims the "delay death" person to at least buy time for Nash!flat. Really unlikely scenario, but Kraken claiming a role that is knowingly voidable shoots that theory in the foot.

I mean, I guess it's possible flat and Kraken are the last wolves, but I doubt it.
    And if they were, I don't think they would have voted Marin. (In the end, flat didn't, but Kraken did.)

---

Trey, if you used Kat's power on flat last Night, and one other person targeted them, my money's on that person being Nash trying to votesteal the towncore dude.

- - - Updated - - -

About to sign off until tomorrow, but Batcathat still looks the most suspicious to me.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2023-05-01 at 09:54 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I got hit by a town role last night.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I should have gone to bed a while ago, but I had a thought, then checked some things.
    Now I have quite the post to make.

But, uh, first, I think I mixed up watcher/tracker with how Kat's power worked. But point being that I still think Nash might've targeted flat last Night.

---

We've been lied to. I think but not sure by the Narrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Alright, 15 players it is.
    But 14 in the player roster.
    Could be an innocent typo, but...

Recruitment list shows 14 players. Also look at Alito and Don.

Alito – The Lancer
    You’ve always been a loner, and you prefer to handle things on your own to working as a team. Still, what Nash says goes…
    Number 105: Battlin’ Boxer Star Cestus
    On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player and roll a die. On a 6, that Player is Destroyed.
    Rank-Up Magic: Quick Chaos Once per duel, if you would be destroyed you instead lose all of your special abilities.

Don Thousand – Barian Deity: ??????? ?????? ruler of Barian World. ????? ?????? secretly ?????? ?????? with one of the Barian Emperors. ?????? ???? ???? Numeron Code.
    Chaos Number 1000: Numerounius ???? ?????? ????? ????? ???? ???? all players ??? ???? ??? lose.

Rank-Up Magic: Numeron Force
    ????? ????? rewrite ????? ??????? numeron ?????? ??????

Player list:
    Illven
    CaoimhinTheCape
    Snowblaze
    JeenLeen
    Lady Serpentine
    BookWombat
    Bladescape
    BatCatHat
    Persolus
    Caedorus
    flat_footed
    Let’sGetKraken
    Allando
    I took some time last week to try to guess Don's power. Looked up the lore on a wiki, then tried subbing the ? for letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Thousand from my Notepad save
    Don Thousand – Barian Deity: ??????? ?????? ruler of Barian World. ????? ?????? secretly ?????? ?????? with one of the Barian Emperors. ?????? ???? ???? Numeron Code.
    Chaos Number 1000: Numerounius ???? ?????? ????? ????? ???? ???? all players ??? ???? ??? lose.

Every Main Phase Two, ????? rewrite ??? one ????? ??????? numeron ?????? ??????
    So it had a note about Main Phase two in its Rank-Up (not in recruitment), but the rest was the same. Many ????. But now look at D3's Alito and Don Thousand:

Quote Originally Posted by I can't quote the link and a Spoiler show, so it doesn't work, but the first post in this thread
    Alito – The Lancer
    You’ve always been a loner, and you prefer to handle things on your own to working as a team. Still, what Nash says goes…
    Number 105: Battlin’ Boxer Star Cestus
    On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player and roll a die. On a 6, that Player is Destroyed.
    Rank-Up Magic: Quick Chaos After each use of Number 105: Battlin’ Boxer Star Cestus, the number you must roll to succeed on the Destruction is reduced by one. For example, on the second use you Destroy your target on a roll of a 5 OR 6.

Chaos Number 1000: Numerounius Your votes count ?????? ????? ????? ???? ???? all players ??? ???? ??? lose.

Every Main Phase Two, as long as you did not vote this turn, you may retroactively rewrite any one ability using the Numeron Code. Your rewrite lasts either until the next turn, or until somebody notices, whichever comes last.
    Alito changed, and Don has much more text.
    I don't think it had changed when game started. I remember checking after Xi noted some powers would change and be bolded.
    The only one I noticed was in the Lovers, and it's NOT bolded now.
    Making me think Xi has copy/pasted redits without the formatting.
    I mean, I might've missed an edit to Alito's passive. But I doubt it.

But Don Thousand changed a ton.
    Can someone look now and second these, in case it changes again as this post is definitely "somebody notices"?
    I'm bringing attention to Alito, which should trigger it changing back if Don Thousand caused the change.

Anyone notice their powers being wonky?
    Or remember a power being different than it is now?

Conclusion
    I'm guessing we have a 15th player, it's Xi, and she's going to win once something about her votes equals plot-wise having all the Numereon Code.
    Maybe relevant:
    https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Numbe...eronia_(anime)
    https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Don_Thousand
    The power of Chaos Number 1000 makes me guess it's something like we lose if we vote her, since it's such a high attack power and it has specials to negate being kill in battle. But I fear the Rank-Up would let her retroactively rerwrite Quattro's ability so he can't kill Xi by targeting "Xi is Don Thousand". Though I guess trying would let us look over the powers and notice Quattro's changed...

Or, if not Xi, someone who didn't vote D1 or D2. Or at least D2 as I'm pretty sure I'm seeing Alito changed for today. (Me thinking Xi is Don hinges on the 14 vs 15 player thing being an intentional clue that Xi is the 15th player.)
    Is Alito active and Vector not? That would explain the Kite fakeclaim; they hoped it was out of play, but it wasn't.

I'm not sure what to make of this. I don't want a lot of us to die by doing something foolish like voting her today, and we can't really afford to stall wolfhunting.
    Xihirli
    But I'll risk throwing a vote to her. If it kills me, y'all know not to try to vote her off.

- - - Updated - - -

And, yeah, I'm claiming.
    In case Illven was correct and an explicit claim does something to Battle Position, I won't say my role, but it should be clear.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2023-05-01 at 09:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234

Interesting.

My power hasn't changed yet.

Last night was hilarious but entirely within the scope of my power.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Morning.

Can confirm on checking the OP that Don and Alito's roles are what Jeen quoted, and also that my power hasn't changed. So there is definitely someone rewriting roles. Is that person Xihirli?

...actually now I think about it that's surprisingly plausible. Fifteen players instead of fourteen, and would Xihirli grant something that powerful to a player... wait, no, that's not possible.

Anyway. I don't know that there's much we can do about it rn, so let's hunt wolves instead.

Living non-Snowblaze players: AvatarVecna, Batcathat, bladescape, Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape, flat_footed, JeenLeen, Lady Serpentine, Let'sGetKraken, Persolus.

Reads, pending ISOs.

Pretty much mechanically confirmed and also counterclaimed a wolf: flat_footed
    Townreads: AvatarVecna, JeenLeen
    Townread but with mild paranoia: bladescape
    Townleans: CaoimhinTheCape, Let'sGetKraken
    Thin townlean but also can you do stuff please?: Persolus
    The same except the townlean is even thinner and probably so thin it shouldn't exist: Lady Serpentine
    Null for being himself: Book Wombat
    Partner equity with Allando?: Batcathat

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: BCH case
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Something just clicked in my brain. This might be a stupid read, but. It fits. I think.

I think Batcathat/Allando are w/w. Because Illven isn't the Caedorus vote we're all forgetting and not scrutinizing enough, BCH is. And I townread them for it because I thought taking actual stances was towny for them but if they're doing it to protect a wolf partner it makes so much more sense...

And then their treatment of Allando/flat today is just. I thought it was weird earlier but it didn't click that it was wolfy-weird and in particular wolf-distancing-from-their-partner-Allando weird. It's just... "I think Allando/flat are w/w but also I want to kill flat first" and having that even while voting for Allando so they always had that route off the wagon.

(Their last post also kind of read like TMI Allando flips wolf at first glance, it isn't necessarily but that's where the idea first game from ftr.)

I don't know how confident in this I am, I might wonder what on earth this idiot was thinking in a few hours, but I definitely think it's a theory worth consideration.

Sanity check appreciated, please!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, lol, just actually read Jeen's BCH ISO and "if flat flips town and Allando flips wolf, BCH looks more suspicious". I was beaten to it.

Reposting since it's kind of relevant now. It may not be the best articulated, it was trying to convert a flash of insight into words and might well have failed.

So. Yes. Is it a valid case? Why/why not?

(I am in fact aware that BCH switched to Allando D2. I don't think that's enough to conclusively unpair them, but that might just be me not giving sufficient weight to counterevidence. I will look back through that shortly.)
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2023-05-02 at 04:20 PM.

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    Yes, I can confirm I was blocked last night. If flat is lying, he's aligned with a role-blocker... which I don't think is possible on the Barian side.
    Girag – The Big Guy
    More a puncher than a thinker, you pretty much do what you’re told. Maybe just by Nash.
    Number 106: Giant Red Hand
    On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player.
    This end phase, cancel out their next special ability.
    Rank-Up Magic: Brute Force You always win ties.
    To play Devil's advocate, this seems like a void to me.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler: EOD2 vote movement
    Show

• Allando: 2 (Illven Snowblaze)
    • flat_footed: 3 (Allando Batcathat JeenLeen)
    • Let’sGetKraken: 2 (Bladescape flat_footed)
    • Persolus: 1 (Let’sGetKraken)
    Quoted so we can see where the votes started before this. flat was actually lead wagon at that point, which I didn't realise properly since I spent most of D2 completely unaware of the vote count.

Flat's not going to flip wolf. Allando.
    Self-preservation. I'd call it NAI if flat wasn't town anyway.

Allando 3: Illven, Snowblaze, flat_footed
    flat_footed 3: Allando, Batcathat, JeenLeen
    Let'sGetKraken 1: bladescape
    Persolus 1: Let'sGetKraken

Though wolves have a different picture since they obviously know who Nash is and who's Xyz Material now.

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    Alright, I'm sorry Allando. I don't think this is necessarily us hitting a wolf here but this does give us some information and I would rather see this happen than flat or I voted out.
    According to public vote count at least, this breaks the tie.

Allando 4: Illven, Snowblaze, flat_footed, Let'sGetKraken
    flat_footed 3: Allando, Batcathat, JeenLeen
    Let'sGetKraken 1: bladescape

That... doesn't instinctively feel like a bus, I think. I'd be expecting more conviction/certainty/justification than yeah, I'm not convinced but it's better than the alternatives.

Also at this point, if Nash was on flat and the Xyz Material was on Allando then the former would have actually died.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the idea was that it was a reference to the poet Lord Byron.

Anyhow, it seems unlikely that I'll get enough support on lynching flat (and Snow might have a point), so Allando it is.
    This... yeah. The momentum has already been swung back towards Allando, I don't think this is clearing atp. Thoughts on it in particular welcome.

Then the claim happened. I'll leave this here and do a separate post for reactions to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    To play Devil's advocate, this seems like a void to me.
    Yeah, but... a) giving wolves two voiders is weird setup design and b) we can safely assume Nash is in the game and the role changing thing would seem to imply that so is Alito, and four wolves seems too many for this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, Caoimhin not voting yesterday was likely due to being busy IRL and hence NAI. High content to post count ratio, considering I was surprised to find they only had four.

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, Caoimhin not voting yesterday was likely due to being busy IRL and hence NAI. High content to post count ratio, considering I was surprised to find they only had four.
    While you might be right, it's worth keeping in mind that the wolves knew that one of the people who voted Allando (which is everyone but flat, Ti, Cao and Persolus if my sheet is correct and the latter voted Allando D1) would die. So while bussing would normally be the obvious choice, there's additional motivation not to do so in this case. That said, the risk of dying isn't that big, so a wolf might take the chance to not look suspicious.

In regards to the case against me, I'm not sure how to respond since it seems mostly based on me suspecting Allando but having a different idea of the order to lynch the suspects.

The idea of the narrator being a player and having that kind of power is interesting/scary, will think more on it when more awake.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

While you might be right, it's worth keeping in mind that the wolves knew that one of the people who voted Allando (which is everyone but flat, Ti, Cao and Persolus if my sheet is correct and the latter voted Allando D1) would die. So while bussing would normally be the obvious choice, there's additional motivation not to do so in this case. That said, the risk of dying isn't that big, so a wolf might take the chance to not look suspicious.

In regards to the case against me, I'm not sure how to respond since it seems mostly based on me suspecting Allando but having a different idea of the order to lynch the suspects.

The idea of the narrator being a player and having that kind of power is interesting/scary, will think more on it when more awake.
    Mmm. That's a point actually but also. Eh, I could see there being wolves in that pile but it feels too much like just-the-lowest-posters to be correct. (Also I believe Wombat also didn't vote Allando.)

No response to the case against you is required. Just find a wolf who isn't you or show towny process in attempting to.

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but... a) giving wolves two voiders is weird setup design and b) we can safely assume Nash is in the game and the role changing thing would seem to imply that so is Alito, and four wolves seems too many for this game.
    1) This is part of why I kinda doubted Mirin was a voider when her power read nothing like a void.

2) I can't find any text anywhere indicating Nash has to be in the game. He's thematically appropriate, due to being the main antagonist; he's mechanically appropriate, due to his power being stronger than other wolf powers in an all-PR game with no default wolfkill.

3) The way Don's power currently reads does not require them to target a power that's actually in the game, and they're (presumably) not in contact with the wolves and so couldn't be in cahoots with the "knows all roles in the game" wolf even if they wanted to be. "Don using their power on Alito proves that Alito is in the game" is only true if A) Xihirli is Don, and B) Xihirli is actually picking which power to change and how.

I think that even for Xi, narrator picking and choosing which powers to change, and how to change them, would be influencing the game too much; I think it's more likely that Xi is rolling on a list of all powers, and whichever one gets rolled gets shifted to a predetermined "Don-ified" version. This avoids narrator biasing the game, but it also means that "Don altered Alito" proves basically nothing. Of course since I'm playing devil's advocate...

3a) Regardless of who Don is, if I had a power-rewriting power, the first power I rewrote would definitely be my rewriting power to make it more useful to me. This lines up with what seems to have happened.

3b) If Xihirli was picking who to alter and how...well, changing Alito in this manner makes sense, to me.

My Homebrew