New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1360
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Then who fired twice?
    Once.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Also, that's amazing!
    Here's a link.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

We don't have a question currently, do we? Show me a negation on the face of it.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

I'm overdue for a hint: The negation is not directly on a face, but on a mask.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
    We don't have a question currently, do we? Show me a negation on the face of it.
    I'm overdue for a hint: The negation is not directly on a face, but on a mask.
    Oh! Got it now!
    Nope!

Open Question:
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

It is christmas time, and christmas means ghosts. Give me ghost falling to a gruesome fate.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Dwarf in the Playground

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Right strip, but I thought more about the fate of being splattened.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Find a cat, a bird, and a snake in the same panel.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by b_jonas; 2023-12-16 at 06:06 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Show me Belkar wishing for voting rights.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Orc in the Playground

Show me Belkar wishing for voting rights.
    "That was friggin' fantastic. I wish this was a democracy so I could vote for that guy".

Find me nine sides mundane uses for a skull.
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2023-12-16 at 12:54 PM.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Well, we've got alarm system, can opener, stool,...

Edit: Which character had none functioning brake lights?

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Orc in the Playground

The thing is, I asked for nine uses, not eight So there's one more to unearth.

Edit: Which character had none functioning brake lights?
    While I'm here, I might as well answer this one. It's a certain guard of the Empire of Blood.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
    The thing is, I asked for nine uses, not eight So there's one more to unearth.
    Furnishing from Hate&Barrel?

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Orc in the Playground

My idea was about the use of Nale's skull as an adornment for Malack's study, but I think I prefer yours
    I mean I prefer your answer, I know that as a flower you are somewhat lacking in the skeleton department, and also I'm told it's rude to fantasize about recycling people's skull.
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2023-12-16 at 05:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

My idea was about the use of Nale's skull as an adornment for Malack's study, but I think I prefer yours
    I mean I prefer your answer, I know that as a flower you are somewhat lacking in the skeleton department, and also I'm told it's rude to fantasize about recycling people's skull.
    That would be reusing, not recycling, which is better anyway (in order of goodness, it's reduce, reuse, recycle. The last one gets all the publicity).
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Orc in the Playground

I'm glad we are able to discuss the semantics of using people's heads as ornaments, potentially after killing them for that purpose. And apparently "recycle" has some subtle difference in meaning between English and French, or I just have been using it slightly wrong. The 3R / 5R phrase is less common in its French version, so I tend to use just "recycle" as a general term even if it isn't accurate, I guess.

Unless Meta steps in, it is an OQ for now.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I'm glad we are able to discuss the semantics of using people's heads as ornaments, potentially after killing them for that purpose. And apparently "recycle" has some subtle difference in meaning between English and French, or I just have been using it slightly wrong. The 3R / 5R phrase is less common in its French version, so I tend to use just "recycle" as a general term even if it isn't accurate, I guess.

Unless Meta steps in, it is an OQ for now.
    Generally, recycling is converting waste material into usable material (eg melt down used aluminum cans into aluminum billets, which can then be used to make other items out of aluminum, such as foil) Reusing is repurposing waste material so it is no longer waste material, such as using an empty glass coke bottle as a vase. Reducing just using less stuff.

All three have the goal of reducing waste. Recycling is energy intensive and has the greatest cost for any and all metrics of cost. Reusing has little to no cost but still has the same amount of stuff. Reducing is having less stuff overall - even recycling and reusing will eventually have waste be the end product ar some nebulous point in the future, reducing never will. Henfe, reduce reuse recycle.

The flower knows the deal, I'm sure.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, I understand the terms, it's just that the French verb "recycler" is not limited to "break down and reuse component materials", it can mean "reuse for another purpose". So now I know the meaning is slightly narrower in English and I should use "reuse" instead.
    Is the 5R version (Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot) common in English?

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

I seem to be on a roll. We know that Belkar is the sexy shoeless god of war, but tell me: give me two different circumstances under which Belkar would dress up like another god.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

I seem to be on a roll. We know that Belkar is the sexy shoeless god of war, but tell me: give me two different circumstances under which Belkar would dress up like another god.
    #294 disguised as a human Azure city paladin, and #524 disguised as Lord Shojo. OQ.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Neither of those are gods. No dice.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Since I am (in recent threads, anyway) the most guilty player of considering Elan's delusions as truths, I have to count Belkar dressing as the entirely legitimate deity Banjo.

(I make no claim upon the OQ when the other one is found)
    I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Correct. A hint: the other time is only a hypothetical.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Another hint: the scene I'm talking about happens after Belkar stopped faking his character development.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Here is the second circumstanceI was looking for: if he wanted to be a puppet for any fool with a charm spell.

As enq found one of the answers, next question goes to him.

27. - Top - End - #1137

BardGuy

Find me a strip in which the moon is partially obscured by smoke.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    Find me a strip in which the moon is partially obscured by smoke.
    That's… PREPOSTEROUS!

29. - Top - End - #1139

BardGuy

What's worse than having an obese mother?

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Portliness is preferred to posthumous promiscuity.

Find a postponed squeal of delight.
    Last edited by Somniloquist; 2023-12-20 at 02:35 AM.