New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

amused Long(?) Live The Mayor!

Long(?) Live The Mayor!

Welcome to the town of Votersville, an ordinary little town with an extraordinary passion for democracy, holding daily elections for who to lead them, who to protect them, who to execute...

But all is not well in Votersville, they have a long-standing conflict with nearby Tyrantsburg over equal parts political philosophy and who gets to claim the coveted forty-third place on the “Best Places to Live” list. Now Tyrantsburg have decided to turn Votersville's love of democracy against them – by infiltrating their political system (along with a generous helping of brutal murder).

Mayor Batcathat has been murdered – who will be the new Mayor and how long will the survive?

Note: The above, as well as all other newspaper articles in the game, is written (and illustrated) by AI. They are not covered by the rule about the Narrator being honest but they aren't necessarily meaningless. Though I will mention that in this case the description of the candidates is completely made up by ChatGPT, hope no one minds how they're depicted.

Spoiler: Rules
    Show
    General rules:
    • The first day lasts for 72 hours, after that each day lasts for 48 hours and each night for 24. Towards the end of the game the day may be shortened to 24 hours, if all still living players agree.
    • While not all information may be public, the narrator won't lie (though this rule does not cover the in-game newspaper articles like the one above).
    • The infiltrators/wolves have to decide which among them carries out their kill and if that person is unable to, the kill won't happen.
    • Unless the role/power description says otherwise, you can only use one power (including powers due to elected position or alignment) each night.
    • Town/voters win when all hostile players have been eliminated from the game. Wolves/infiltrators win when they equal town in number of players or nothing can stop that from happening.
    • In addition to town/voters and wolves/infiltrators, there may be neutral players.
    • All players need to be on Discord for personal chats, wolfchat, etc.
    • A player who doesn't post in the thread for a two full day/night cycles will be considered inactive and either replaced or killed. If you think you might not be able to post for a prolonged time, let me know and we'll see if we can work something out.
    • While politics is the theme of the game, you should obviously not get real-life politics involved as it's against forum rules and also... well, why would you?

Election rules:

• Every day, each player has three different votes. Vote in red on who to execute, green on who should become Mayor and blue on who should become Sheriff. To change a vote, cross out the previous one and make a new one.
    • Voting for yourself is allowed.
    • The mayor has one extra vote each day that can be used in any of the three elections by simply writing an extra vote in the appropriate color (so if you want to vote twice for the same person, write the name twice).
    • Each vote can be for a different player, but doesn't have to be.
    • One player can have multiple roles at once.
    • One player cannot be serve as the same role two days in a row (but the serving Mayor can be elected Sheriff or vice versa and the Deputy Mayor is eligible to be Mayor assuming they didn't actually replace the previous Mayor).
    • The player with the second-most votes will become Deputy Mayor and assume the position if the elected player is unable to do so (usually due to being dead, either by execution on the day they were elected or assassinated the following night).
    • An elected player assume the role on the following night.
    • The mayor's vote automatically breaks any tie. If the mayor haven't voted for any of the tied candidates, the tie is randomly decided. This happens even if no one has any votes or if the Mayor have one vote on each tied candidate.

Appointment rules:
    • At the start of every day, a role is randomly chosen from the list below for the mayor to appoint the following night. A chosen role cannot be chosen again until all roles have been chosen and the list resets.
    • The appointment will take effect the following day (so if Player A is elected Mayor Day 1 and appoints Player B Night 2, Player B will gain their new role on Day 2).
    • A player can be appointed for multiple roles (though if they are appointed for the same role more than once, it will have no effect).
    • The abilities of each role will only be revealed to the player appointed to the role, though if an appointed player dies, their role information will be revealed.
    • The mayor will make the official appointment in secret, but can of course share the information (or lie about it) if they want to.
    • The mayor cannot appoint themselves (though they keep any previous appointments and associated abilities)
    • A person cannot refuse to accept a role, though they don't have to use their abilities. If a mayor don't appoint someone the position will remain open for the next mayor to appoint.

Elected positions:

The Mayor:
    • Appoint one role each night.
    • Have one extra vote each day, to be used in any of the elections.

The Sheriff:
    • Each night, choose between attempting to kill another player and imprisoning them (meaning they are unable to use any abilities that night).

Appointed positions:
    • Bodyguard
    • Director of Communications
    • Investigator
    • Lawyer

Role PMs:
    • You are a Voter, a member of Town. You win when all enemies of Votersville have been eliminated or nothing can keep that from happening.
    • You are an Infiltrator, a member of the Wolves. You win when the number of living Infiltrators is equal to – or higher than – the number of living Voters or nothing can keep that from happening.

Spoiler: Players, Substitutes and Spectators
    Show
    Players:
    • Benoojian
    • bladescape
    • Book Wombat
    • CaoimhinTheCape
    • Cazero
    • Luizeu
    • MappyPK
    • Olive_Sophia
    • Plaids
    • Snowblaze (ft. Illven)
    • Taffimai

Substitutes:
    • Let'sGetKraken
    • Rogan

Spectators:
    • Caedorus
    • flat_footed
    • Persolus
    • Xumtiil

Note: Do not post until I formally start the game, which should happen at 7 pm UTC+2 (you should be able to see it in your own time zone on Discord).
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2023-07-24 at 03:04 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Long(?) Live The Mayor!

Day 1 has started and will end in 72 hours

Remember to vote for a Suspect, a Mayor and a Sheriff.

The mayor will appoint an Investigator.

Note that the role PMs for townies and wolves have been added to the rules.

Have fun and feel free to ask any questions here or in your private chat!

(Though I reserve the right not to answer. )

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

MappyPK, happy to party kill you.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

4. - Top - End - #4

RedKnightGirl

Taffimai
    Taffimai
    [strikethrough]Bladescape[/strikethrough], down with televangelists!
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2023-07-22 at 12:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vote: Snowblaze

Vote: Plaids

Vote: Olive_Sophia

I don't have reasons for any of these, but wanted to start out with something.

...man, I'm gonna have a lot of vote counts to keep track of...
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2023-07-20 at 02:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Hello, fellow voters !

On this tragic day, we must go forward toward progress if we wish to improve ! Otherwise we will stagnate. Or regress. Because definitionaly, those are all three options.

This is why I submit a few names to the democratic process :

I posit that AvatarVecna is a treacherous murderer from Tyrantsburg. Unless she isn't.

I recommend Taffimai for the position of sheriff, as I believe she is qualified. Unless she isn't.

And I support the candidacy of bladescape for mayor, because I'm trying really hard to not get elected to support the economic growth we need. Obviously. Unless we don't.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Hello fellow citzens,
    We grieve today, but tomorrow is a new day and we need to keep the city moving.
    On the aftermath of this tragedy we need a hero. A hero that this city needs, not one it deserves
    *shuffles cards*
    vote: Taffimai may be the person for it

I'll take the opportunity to suggest my own name for mayor, so vote: Luizeu
    My random generator informed me on good authority that Vote: CaoimhinTheCape is a clearly from Tyrantsburg. So, maybe we should kick them out of town?
    Darn it Whisper !

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

pokes in

scrapes off a thin layer of rust

CaoimhinTheCape, because OMGUS.

Snowblaze, because obviously.

Olive_Sophia, because blatant bribe - er - being inclusive to new players? Yeah, that sounds vaguely plausible.

RP to come shortly. (Though seriously, just because I have "blaze" in my name doesn't make me a firefighter. Not that I have anything against firefighters, just... not my style.)
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #9

Nothing new to add, but I like to keep track of votes so I don't get confused when we're pages in we can't remember whose most recent vote is where (maybe that's just a me thing). For new players, I do this as town or wolf, I just like when it's more clear who is voting where.

Spoiler: Suspect Vote Count
    Show

MappyPK (1): BookWombat
    bladescape (1): Taffimai
    Snowblaze/Illven (1): CaoimhinTheCape
    CaoimhinTheCape (1): Luizeu

No Vote: AvatarVecna, Benoojian, bladescape, MappyPK, Olive_Sophia, Plaids, Snowblaze/Illven

Spoiler: Mayor Vote Count
    Show

Taffimai (3): Taffimai, Cazero, Luizeu
    Plaids (1): CaoimhinTheCape
    No Vote: AvatarVecna, Benoojian, bladescape, BookWombat, MappyPK, Olive_Sophia, Plaids, Snowblaze/Illven

Spoiler: Sheriff Vote Count
    Show

Taffimai (1): Taffimai
    Olive_Sophia (1): CaoimhinTheCape
    bladescape (1): Cazero
    Luizeu (1): Luizeu
    No Vote: AvatarVecna, Benoojian, bladescape, BookWombat, MappyPK, Olive_Sophia, Plaids, Snowblaze/Illven

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm immediately ninja'd

Show

CaoimhinTheCape (2): Luizeu, Snowblaze/Illven

No Vote: AvatarVecna, Benoojian, bladescape, MappyPK, Olive_Sophia, Plaids

Show

Olive_Sophia (1): Snowblaze/Illven
    No Vote: AvatarVecna, Benoojian, bladescape, BookWombat, MappyPK, Olive_Sophia, Plaids

Show

Snowblaze/Illven (1): Snowblaze/Illven
    No Vote: AvatarVecna, Benoojian, bladescape, BookWombat, MappyPK, Olive_Sophia, Plaids

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Nothing new to add, but I like to keep track of votes so I don't get confused when we're pages in we can't remember whose most recent vote is where (maybe that's just a me thing). For new players, I do this as town or wolf, I just like when it's more clear who is voting where.

Show

CaoimhinTheCape (1): Luizeu

No Vote: AvatarVecna, Benoojian, bladescape, MappyPK, Olive_Sophia, Plaids, Snowblaze/Illven

Show

Show

My style is apparently ninja rather than firefighter.

Also I believe you have colours muddled up somewhere - blue is Sheriff, green is Mayor.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, how dare you ninja my remark about my own ninja-ness.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: the promised RP
    Show

"So, what makes you think that the, uh," the journalist checked her notes, "Party of Temporary Inactivity and Giving Free Cookies to their Voters - "

"And also Squirtles," the would-be mayor interjected.

"Yes, also Squirtles, is the right choice for voters?"

"Well," the interviewee laughed, brushing a strand of long white hair from her face, "we give them free cookies. And everyone wants free cookies, don't they?"

The journalist was tempted by free cookies, but not as tempted as she was by the scent of a good story. "About that," she said. "I believe you have an arrangement for the supply of these cookies with a company known as... Dark Side Limited?"

"That is correct."

"And I believe Dark Side Limited is linked to and partially financed by the state of Tyrantsburg?"

The interviewee tilted her head to one side curiously. "May I ask your name?"

"That's hardly relevant - "

"Well, Miss Hardly Relevant, what voters need to understand is that the Party of Temporary Inactivity and Giving Free Cookies to their Voters and also Squirtles is deeply committed to delivering on its campaign promises, including the provision of cookies - "

"But surely you understand that given the rumours of Tyrantsburg interfering in the democratic posters there will be concerns - "

"That's for the voters to decide, isn't it?"

The journalist sighed. "Just one more question, if I may?"

The candidate didn't dismiss her, which she took as permission: "About these Squirtles. There are rumours of a growing pro-Squirtle faction within your party, which could be preparing to contest its leadership. Can you comment on those rumours?"

"They are false. Thank you, Miss Hardly Relevant."

And that was the end of the interview.

(The Party of Temporary Inactivity and Giving Free Cookies to their Voters and also Squirtles denies any links with the state of Tyrantsburg.)

((And friendly reminder that my RP says nothing about my alignment. Except when it does, which isn't this time.))

(((I missed this.)))

((((This isn't relevant to anything, I just wanted four layers of brackets.))))
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2023-07-19 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Correctly capitalising party name

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Taffimai
    Taffimai
    Bladescape, down with televangelists!
    Townie. I will shamelessly sheep this.

Taffimai
    Taffimai
    Bladescape

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Book Wombat swiftly posted a baseless accusation, highly suspect. As speaker for the Mario Party, this must be called out on behalf of the Party and all of its Marios.

As for the other votes, Taffimai and Olive_Sophia seem like reasonable enough choices, according to the others.
    Last edited by MappyPK; 2023-07-19 at 03:26 PM.
    world's gayest deer

Campaigns
    Splendid Miru Miru in Empire! 7

13. - Top - End - #13

Planetar

Since we by tradition don't vote lynch on new Players I say we make them Mayor and Sheriff for the first Day

Olive_Sophia

MappyPK

And I dunno, Snowblaze?
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2023-07-20 at 06:54 PM. Reason: forgot Bold

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Taffimai
    Taffimai
    Bladescape, down with televangelists!
    "You youngins always thinking about yer own new fangled devil's toys. We liturgy party people don't BELIEVE in televisions! Worship is done in person or it ain't done at all. Gods forgive all the televangelists for thinkin' that they can do good with..." The man spits in derision. "Technology."

== (Further RP to come later)

Xumtiil Olive_Sophia

bladescape

Snowblaze #FreeIllvenFromOppressiveCookies

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    Since we by tradition don't vote lynch on new Players I say we make them Mayor and Sheriff for the first Day

Olive_Sophia

MappyPK

And I dunno, Snowblaze?
    For the record I agree with this sentiment except when it comes to possibly electing me instead of a new person.

That is all.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2023-07-20 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Changed censored swearword
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

15. - Top - End - #15

ClericGirl

A strong democracy requires a strong sense of civic duty. I've tried to depict that necessity in some of my art. So, of course, I will accept the responsibility of Sheriff tonight, if I'm thought worthy of it. (Olive_Sophia). It only follows that I add my voice to chorus in recommending Taffimai for mayor, after their lifelong commitment to volunteer work.

I can't condemn anybody in good faith at this point in my investigation, but if someone has to be chosen - I will cast my vote this evening to condemn for whoever draws the most ire from the rest of the community. (Currently Snowblaze, unless my count is off).

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"There, uh, appears to have been a miscommunication with the voters."

"How so," asked the mayoral candidate tonelessly.

Her aide winced. That way of speaking never meant good things for the bearer of bad news. "You know how you asked them to vote you for mayor?'

The candidate nodded.

"It appears that they've instead decided to vote you for most likely to be an agent of Tyrantsburg."

There was a long, icy silence.

- - - Updated - - -

Olive_Sophia

MappyPK

And I dunno, Snowblaze?
    Any reasons for voting me beyond "it's day one"?

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    "You youngins always thinking about yer own new fangled devil's toys. We liturgy party people don't BELIEVE in televisions! Worship is done in person or it ain't done at all. Gods forgive all the televangelists for thinkin' that they can do good with..." The man spits in derision. "Technology."

== (Further RP to come later)

Xumtiil Olive_Sophia

bladescape

Snowblaze #FreeIllvenFromOppressiveCookies

- - - Updated - - -

For the record I agree with this sentiment except when it comes to possibly electing me instead of a new person.

That is all.
    Free Illven by making sure she never actually has to play. That... uh, actually, yeah, freeing someone from playing mafia doesn't sound too bad. Objection withdrawn. (Though I would still prefer to be Mayor than dead!)

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Free Illven by making sure she never actually has to play. That... uh, actually, yeah, freeing someone from playing mafia doesn't sound too bad. Objection withdrawn. (Though I would still prefer to be Mayor than dead!)
    (I mean the joke was that you were denying the squirtle-aligned members of your party and I'm freeing them.)

An old man sat on the seat across from the reporter. His whispy white hair were covered with an ostentatious white hat inlaid with gold. The burgundy robes only accentuated the effect, and the attempts at a white beard were on full display. As the discussion leading up to his introduction continued, he harrumphed, tapping the cane on the ground.

"And thank you all for waiting, we have with us today the head representative of the Liturgy Party." There was a fake pause, and the cameras panned to the man who glared at the glass as if it was an offense to him.

"So, as the voice of religious correctionalism in our town, what is your take on the wake of Votersville's tragic election that has been triggered in the recent days?" The reporter, a slight man in a tan suit, brushed a quick hand through the combed back hair above his ear as he turned to look at the older man.

"It's because the mayor forgot the kneeling cycle when he went to pray. Divine punishment." The old man responded, sniffing disdainfully.

"Alright. Uh. So you don't believe in the rumours of Tyrantsburg targetting the town?"

"Never said that you brat. Tyrantsburg is coming after our souls, you mark my words. Those heathens believe to strip the righteous glory of democracy from us, from which we divine the right to worship with our votes!" The man looked ready to continue ranting a moment before the reporter quickly tapped his mic and changed topics.

"In that case, have you heard about recent accusations of the... 'Party of Temporary Inactivity and Giving Free Cookies to their Voters' bei--"

"And Squirtles." The old man corrected with a harrumph.

"Right. And Squirtles. But what is your take on the accusations of corruption due to thei--"

"Of course they're corrupt. They're resorting to bribery. Which breaks the fourth rule of sacred democracy, 'thou shalt not offer cookies for votes'."

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I think the Squirtle faction can manage to free itself from my corrupt tyranny or whatever, assuming the party continues to exist.

"So now we have the Liturgy Party against us. We're breaking the rules of sacred democracy and all that jazz, apparently."

"Well," said the mayoral candidate, "you've got to admit they do have a point."

The long-suffering aide suppressed a sigh. "Have you considered... not breaking the rules of sacred democracy? Our current policies are not going to help us get elected."

"But... but everyone wants free cookies," protested the candidate. "Besides, we can't very well radically overhaul the very premise of our party and what it stands for this close to an election."

"If these Squirtle supporters have their way - "

"Don't be absurd, I added them to the party name, didn't I? What more can they want?"

Well, the aide had tried, at least. They'd probably still be the one taking the blame when the party inevitably failed to get elected.

More seriously (what do you mean, that wasn't serious?) can people do stuff please? Opinions on my response to pressure, or on the current Mayor/Sheriff wagons... actually that's a good point, I need a vote count.

- - - Updated - - -

Elimination votes:

Snowblaze 3: CaoimhinTheCape, Benoojian, bladescape
    bladescape 2: Taffimai, AvatarVecna
    CaoimhinTheCape 2: Luizeu, Snowblaze
    MappyPK 1: Book Wombat
    Book Wombat 1: MappyPK
    Posted without voting: Olive_Sophia
    No posts: Plaids

- - - Updated - - -

Mayor votes:
    Taffimai 4: Taffimai, AvatarVecna, MappyPK, Olive_Sophia
    bladescape 2: Cazero, bladescape
    Snowblaze 1: Snowblaze
    Luizeu 1: Luizeu
    Plaids 1: CaoimhinTheCape
    MappyPK 1: Benoojian
    Posted without voting: Book Wombat
    No posts: Plaids

- - - Updated - - -

Sheriff votes:

Olive_Sophia 6: CaoimhinTheCape, Snowblaze, bladescape, Benoojian, MappyPK, Olive_Sophia
    Taffimai 4: Taffimai, Cazero, Luizeu, AvatarVecna

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so I'm not the only elimination wagon aorn. bladescape and Caoimhin are acceptable counterwagons until such time as I actually have reads.

Wombat, can you vote for a Mayor and a Sheriff, please?

Anyone voting for themselves for one or more offices: if you couldn't vote for yourself, who would you vote instead? (My answer aorn: probably bladescape so we have closer wagons and can get more information.)

Also is it possible to elect the same person to both offices on the same day? Even if it is I think we probably shouldn't concentrate power in the hands of one person, if the Mayor and Sheriff are different players it greatly reduces the odds of handing all the power to a Tyrantsburg infiltrator. (Sorry, Taffy.)

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #19

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    [I]

Any reasons for voting me beyond "it's day one"?

You usually jump right into solvy mode, even with almost no information, your post just felt a little off, and D1 the tiniest thing is enough to vote. I also didn't notice Caohim's vote on you and thought I was throwing out a new suspect, not building a wagon, sorry. I don't have a better target yet though.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

You usually jump right into solvy mode, even with almost no information, your post just felt a little off, and D1 the tiniest thing is enough to vote. I also didn't notice Caohim's vote on you and thought I was throwing out a new suspect, not building a wagon, sorry. I don't have a better target yet though.
    No need to apologise!

Though ftr there's a difference between "almost no information" which is what we have now and "it's literally two hours into the game and no-one has done anything other than check in and vote" which is what we had at the time of my first post. And I have now jumped as far into solvy mode as is possible without actually having reads.

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #21

I think we could try to create a system that different people are elected to different role as the days go by.
    So more people will have the chance to experiment the roles.
    What do you think?
    Darn it Whisper !

22. - Top - End - #22

Uhh, yeah, surprisingly little for me to comment on. I guess I can shift my Suspect vote (leaving the others the same but striking out/revoting for them all for convenience) cause why not?

I'm all for voting new players into the power roles (though, I assume whoever ends up as those roles could be a NK target) and suspect votes should probably go on players who aren't new (myself included). I like having different candidates for Sheriff/Mayor.

Vote: Book Wombat

Show

bladescape (2): Taffimai, AvatarVecna
    Snowblaze/Illven (2): Benoojian, bladescape
    BookWombat (2): MappyPK, CaoimhinTheCape
    No Vote: Olive_Sophia, Plaids

Spoiler: Sheriff Vote Count (Blue)
    Show

Taffimai (4): Taffimai, Cazero, Luizeu, AvatarVecna
    Olive_Sophia (6): CaoimhinTheCape, Snowblaze/Illven, MappyPK, Benoojian, bladescape, Olive_Sophia
    No Vote: BookWombat, Plaids

Spoiler: Mayor Vote Count (Green)
    Show

Taffimai (4): Taffimai, AvatarVecna, MappyPK, Olive_Sophia
    bladescape (2): Cazero, bladescape
    MappyPK (1): Benoojian

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Luizeu View Post
    I think we could try to create a system that different people are elected to different role as the days go by.
    So more people will have the chance to experiment the roles.
    What do you think?
    Mmm... maybe? I just want to find trustworthy people and elect them. (Me. I am totally trustworthy.) Did you have a particular way of doing things in mind?

Uhh, yeah, surprisingly little for me to comment on. I guess I can shift my Suspect vote (leaving the others the same but striking out/revoting for them all for convenience) cause why not?

I'm all for voting new players into the power roles (though, I assume whoever ends up as those roles could be a NK target) and suspect votes should probably go on players who aren't new (myself included). I like having different candidates for Sheriff/Mayor.

Vote: Book Wombat

Show

bladescape (2): Taffimai, AvatarVecna
    Snowblaze/Illven (2): Benoojian, bladescape
    BookWombat (2): MappyPK, CaoimhinTheCape
    No Vote: Olive_Sophia, Plaids

Spoiler: Sheriff Vote Count (Blue)
    Show

Taffimai (4): Taffimai, Cazero, Luizeu, AvatarVecna
    Olive_Sophia (6): CaoimhinTheCape, Snowblaze/Illven, MappyPK, Benoojian, bladescape, Olive_Sophia

Spoiler: Mayor Vote Count (Green)
    Show

Taffimai (4): Taffimai, AvatarVecna, MappyPK, Olive_Sophia
    bladescape (2): Cazero, bladescape
    MappyPK (1): Benoojian
    Pocket attempt denied.

"Good news! We're no longer the exclusively most suspected of working for Tyrantsburg!"

The mayoral candidate glanced up from some paperwork. "And I'm supposed to care about this because...?"

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #24

Planetar

(though, I assume whoever ends up as those roles could be a NK target) and suspect votes should probably go on players who aren't new (myself included). I like having different candidates for Sheriff/Mayor.
    Mayor can't grant to themselves and can't be elected two days in a row, I think Mayor might be the least likely NK since the wolves would rather get someone who was just granted a power than the person who already shot their power off. Unless of course the Deputy Mayor is a wolf.

"Semantically speaking, it is the voting that is important, not the election. Still a three way tie for the Tyrantsburg traitor is less than ideal. I do like the look of that fresh new face for Sheriff, they'll bring a new air into politics that have long stagnated."

- - - Updated - - -

"Your Candidacy, it is actually a four-way tie."

"Balderdash"

Book_Wombat

25. - Top - End - #25

Cao

For maintaining democratic balance reasons.

26. - Top - End - #26

Sounds good. Not going to vote for a Mayor for now, but for the Sheriff AvatarVecna of course.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

27. - Top - End - #27

DruidGuy

Though it saddens me to say goodbye to Bathacat the only mayor I have known since coming to Votersville. But we must persevere and build a strong civic society with fair elections. I am deeply honored for the mayoral nomination from CaoimhinTheCape and I Plaids will work tirelessly to protect this town if elected. My tech savvy will make the hearings on the impacts of technology on society will be greatly expedited.

I know Taffimai has given much to the community. Someone who has been here contributing to this town for so long can't be an opportunist who has come to subvert our town for their own ends.

While I can't publicly condemn anyone I am quite spooked by names like AvatarVecna. Reminds me of some gabbaghoul in my days playing DND at Votersville North College, go Poll Workers!
    OOC: Seriously though, I don't know if we can abstain from voting. But I would abstain for now if I could.
    Last edited by Plaids; 2023-07-22 at 01:00 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Good news! We're no longer suspected of being Tyrantsburg infiltrators!"

The aide wasn't expecting the candidate to be pleased, and indeed she wasn't. "And the mayoral poll statistics?"

"Well, uh..." It was best to just show her the statistics. She was less likely to shoot the messenger that way. "Here."

The candidate studied the piece of paper for a few seconds before demanding "Why are you still standing here? Do something about it!"

There wasn't much that could be done, the aide thought grimly.

Vote Snowblaze for Mayor, everyone! I'm totally not a Tyrant or about to be usurped by Squirtles!

(Someone please do something alignment indicative.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Sounds good. Not going to vote for a Mayor for now, but for the Sheriff AvatarVecna of course.
    Lol, that definitely gets points for irony. Though then again Sheriff also has the option of roleblocking rather than killing (which I suggest they use, at least for N1.)

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    OOC: Seriously though, I don't know if we can abstain from voting.
    To clarify, it is possible to abstain from voting, but there will always be a mayor and a sheriff elected and a suspect executed. If no one were to vote for anyone, it would simply count as a tie and be randomized.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    To clarify, it is possible to abstain from voting, but there will always be a mayor and a sheriff elected and a suspect executed. If no one were to vote for anyone, it would simply count as a tie and be randomized.
    In that case are you allowed to actively vote not to execute someone? (Or to not elect someone?)

(For newbies: while it's generally best to execute people, there are a few situations when not executing could be useful. In particular if there are four players alive, one of whom is a wolf, and no power roles in play then it's optimal to not execute so wolf kills a player and there's better odds of finding the wolf on the last day.)

Extended Signature