New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Marc pursed her lips in thought. "Hmm, never thought of it like a mini-Hive before. Kinda: but I think I had the best view of all from the observation decks!" The Psyker beamed with her bright smile, "but...at least in the Hive, a crack in the wall doesn't turn into a hull-breach where we all get blown into space..."

"How come though, if you can regularly smuggle yourself into the Mid-Hive: why not do it for good? Sell some things, sneak into the Midhive and open a bar in a seedier area or something? You know..." Marc trailed off, blushing slightly, shyly biting her bottom lip, "...find some nice guy to settle with? Seems like an easy life to me...has to be better than living until you're 40 in the Underhive?"
    'Well air or not, I don't really want to go outside the Hive either. From what I've heard it seems like a hard way to live.' On the second point Orla only grinned at Marcella's embarrassment. 'You got someone in mind?'

----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Interrogator Ezekiel pauses again, long enough to take a big dramatic sigh before summarizing, "So in summary, you now have documented proof of activities you already knew were happening... in case you planned on taking this to the Arbites." His smirk returns as one eyebrow raises, though this time the expression is filled with a mocking sort of mirth.
    'So the throwing him into a hole comes later then.' From what Orla had heard neither the Arbites or the Inquisition actually needed proof if they were suspicious enough. Even a supposedly powerful noble was not immune to their reach. Getting what they needed from him first made sense.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'There are worse things to get shot for then a meal. And are you telling me you never took something that doesn't belong to you...when you were up there?' Orla only has a rough idea about what growing up on a space station might have been like.
    Arl smiled, not unkindly. "There are far worse things than getting shot for trying to get a meal... On Kesh, you could become a meal for what you were shooting at! Kesh's ruins had predators much nastier than ryders. Then again, the beasts on Kesh and the ryders are not too awful, compared to some other predators. At least they're honest about what they want."

3. - Top - End - #513

Beholder

The Interrogator's face relaxes a little. He takes a deep breath in and sighs. He says almost softly, "Then I will have Officer Kant's file pulled, and you have my permission to investigate his dealings further. Though I must again emphasize the need for discretion in all things moving forward." His gaze shifts from Arl, to his dataslate, then back to Arl again. Another sigh, "Was there anything else you wished to discuss then?"
    Arl kept his face impassive, not wishing to betray his annoyance. "M'lord, I do not have anything else to bring to you that hasn't already been disclosed in our debriefing. I will be discrete in my actions where our mission is concerned."

With that, Arl sketched a small bow and began to ponder how to address this new opportunity.

4. - Top - End - #514

Beholder

Marcella

Marc's mouth was partially open in an amused 'No way!' expression.

"You got shot for a fridge?" she giggled gently, bringing one hand up to her mouth to cover it as she did so.

The Psyker looked at Arl, then at Orla. Holding a hand up, "you two had wild child-hoods, haha. Got shot for a fridge, and grew up around trees and rain," she laughed again, taking a sip of the coffee brew that had finally cooled enough to drink.

Marcella thought briefly, a question coming to mind, one she seemed cautious to answer.

"Was it ever, like...quiet where you grew up? Like complete silence?" she asked them both.
    Arl gave a small laugh. "Silence? Almost never. Plenty of quiet? Certainly. On Kesh, there was far more life than in the Hive, although most of it wasn't human -- beasts, mostly, and they all made noise of a sort, some of it was even pleasant compared to the roar of the Hive. Silence was rare.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndeward View Post
    Arl gave a small laugh. "Silence? Almost never. Plenty of quiet? Certainly. On Kesh, there was far more life than in the Hive, although most of it wasn't human -- beasts, mostly, and they all made noise of a sort, some of it was even pleasant compared to the roar of the Hive. Silence was rare.
    The Psyker listened, her large brown eyes open as her imagination pictured it all. A land filled with animals? And dangerous ones too!

"Oh - did you have any as pets?!" she asks excitedly.

'Well air or not, I don't really want to go outside the Hive either. From what I've heard it seems like a hard way to live.' On the second point Orla only grinned at Marcella's embarrassment. 'You got someone in mind?'
    A red blush went across Marcella's face as she used her cupped palms to cover her mouth, jaw and nose, peering over fingertips at Orla, shaking her head gently. "No..." mumbled into her fingers as she giggle-snickered into her hands.

"I mean...yeah, one guy, maybe. He's like really old though, he's almost thirty. He's a pyromancer at the Cathedral...they're very now, now now," she brought her hands away so that she could click her fingers to emphasize each 'now!'.

"He considers himself a real ladies man. He's a bit of a dog though, from what I've heard, hehe" she giggled, finding it more funny than offensive, that blush returning as she shook her head, "so I don't guarantee he'll stick around that long. Always on the move. Now, now, now."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-02-01 at 05:16 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Arl smiled, not unkindly. "There are far worse things than getting shot for trying to get a meal... On Kesh, you could become a meal for what you were shooting at! Kesh's ruins had predators much nastier than ryders. Then again, the beasts on Kesh and the ryders are not too awful, compared to some other predators. At least they're honest about what they want."
    Orla agrees, 'A meal and not getting eaten. I can relate to that.'

A red blush went across Marcella's face as she used her cupped palms to cover her mouth, jaw and nose, peering over fingertips at Orla, shaking her head gently. "No..." mumbled into her fingers as she giggle-snickered into her hands.

"I mean...yeah, one guy, maybe. He's like really old though, he's almost thirty. He's a pyromancer at the Cathedral...they're very now, now now," she brought her hands away so that she could click her fingers to emphasize each 'now!'.

"He considers himself a real ladies man. He's a bit of a dog though, from what I've heard, hehe" she giggled, finding it more funny than offensive, that blush returning as she shook her head, "so I don't guarantee he'll stick around that long. Always on the move. Now, now, now."
    Orla tries not to chuckle. She considered that getting into a relationship with a psyker might be dangerous, but when they were both psykers maybe they nothing to worry about from the other. 'That can still be fun sometimes if you know what you're getting into. Just remember that you're using him as well and don't go getting feelings.' Orla considered whether Marcella was likely to be able to do that. 'If he upsets you anyway maybe we can arrest him.'

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Interrogator Ezekiel pauses again, long enough to take a big dramatic sigh before summarizing, "So in summary, you now have documented proof of activities you already knew were happening... in case you planned on taking this to the Arbites." His smirk returns as one eyebrow raises, though this time the expression is filled with a mocking sort of mirth.
    "Do all the money trails lead to people we already know are involved? Anything that could tie Magos Petrovskii to these affairs, for instance?" Hound asks. "There is reason to suspect that he had some prior knowledge of these artefact transfers. During our last trip to the Underhive, it also became clear that Clans Sabay and Tora are now working together, where before they were bitter enemies. It seems likely that an outside force has intervened to encourage this alliance. Is there anything on the dataslate to indicate funds are now also being paid out to Clan Tora?"

"If there are no new leads, then it appears our best option is to follow up on Acolyte Arl's work in infiltrating Casmirre's expeditions, and hope that new leads will reveal themselves," he added.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Orla tries not to chuckle. She considered that getting into a relationship with a psyker might be dangerous, but when they were both psykers maybe they nothing to worry about from the other. 'That can still be fun sometimes if you know what you're getting into. Just remember that you're using him as well and don't go getting feelings.' Orla considered whether Marcella was likely to be able to do that. 'If he upsets you anyway maybe we can arrest him.'

Marcella's blush returns, and deepens in its shade of red.

"Me?!" she asked with humorous incredulity, "no no, I meant for you! Hehe"

"For me? Hm, no, I don't know if they'd let me..."

'If he upsets you anyway maybe we can arrest him.'
    For the first time in her company, Marcella laughed, a genuine laugh, while covering her mouth with her hand.

"You! You're under arrest for being too damn handsome - hehe!"

oOo

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    "If there are no new leads, then it appears our best option is to follow up on Acolyte Arl's work in infiltrating Casmirre's expeditions, and hope that new leads will reveal themselves," he added.

Marc said nothing, but remained standing there in observation. However, she could not deny a ping of excitement resonate within her over the prosect of getting on a ship again. It had been so long!
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-02-01 at 09:06 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

9. - Top - End - #519

Beholder

Marcella

The Psyker listened, her large brown eyes open as her imagination pictured it all. A land filled with animals? And dangerous ones too!

"Oh - did you have any as pets?!" she asks excitedly.
    Arl smiled a little wide as he remembered Kesh.

"There were some animals that were friendlier than others... the tribe had some herdbeasts -- not grox, but something smaller and better adapted for living off the land... they weren't quite pets, but they were friendly enough. There were also some working animals -- canids who helped us herd the beasts... they were good animals... smart, too."

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcella's blush returns, and deepens in its shade of red.

"Me?!" she asked with humorous incredulity, "no no, I meant for you! Hehe"

"For me? Hm, no, I don't know if they'd let me..."
    'Yeah I was just pulling your leg.' Orla looks amused at how easy it was to do that. 'For me, scratching an itch is one thing, settling down would be something else. I would need to bring the girls with me in that case. Which would be the sort of thing that would attract attention even if I could sneak all of them up here.'

On Marcella's own situation, 'Well that seems unfair, but maybe it's different if you're in the Inquisition.'

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Arl smiled a little wide as he remembered Kesh.

"There were some animals that were friendlier than others... the tribe had some herdbeasts -- not grox, but something smaller and better adapted for living off the land... they weren't quite pets, but they were friendly enough. There were also some working animals -- canids who helped us herd the beasts... they were good animals... smart, too."
    "Like...dogs?" Marcella asked with bright eyes, holding her right hand to where the approximate shoulder-height of a pooch would be.

"I would love a dog! Did you have any growing up?"

'Yeah I was just pulling your leg.' Orla looks amused at how easy it was to do that. 'For me, scratching an itch is one thing, settling down would be something else. I would need to bring the girls with me in that case. Which would be the sort of thing that would attract attention even if I could sneak all of them up here.'
    "Scratching an itch...?" Marcella asked, clearly confused as the gears almost visibly ticked away inside her head until the meaning clicked.

Her eyes widened. That bright red blush returned as she brought both hands up to cup her mouth and nose; closing her eyes and visibly oscillating as she tried her best to suppress the giggle-laugh brewing within her.

"That's...terrible..." she said through her strained voice, eyes watering as she compressed all the mirth and giggles wanting to blew up through her.

"By the Emperor...we've...we've lived very different lives, hehe..." she nodded, regaining her composure.

On Marcella's own situation, 'Well that seems unfair, but maybe it's different if you're in the Inquisition.'
    "Well, fairness isn't really part of the equation. It's necessity, really. We've all got portals in our heads that lead to a realm of roiling psychic energy and demons wanting to enter our material plane. If any of us go rogue, or push ourselves too far, or lose control...a nosebleed or headache is the best case scenario. Worst? The entire planet is fraked, and they have to call in the Sororitas or the Astartes. Not many quality bachelors want to sign up to be next to that hehe," the psyker chuckled towards the end, showing a stoic sense of humor at least.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

"Scratching an itch...?" Marcella asked, clearly confused as the gears almost visibly ticked away inside her head until the meaning clicked.

Her eyes widened. That bright red blush returned as she brought both hands up to cup her mouth and nose; closing her eyes and visibly oscillating as she tried her best to suppress the giggle-laugh brewing within her.

"That's...terrible..." she said through her strained voice, eyes watering as she compressed all the mirth and giggles wanting to blew up through her.

"By the Emperor...we've...we've lived very different lives, hehe..." she nodded, regaining her composure.
    Orla will watch Marcella have a moment with a smile. 'That we have. You're fun to tease you know that.'

On the second point, 'Seems to me like if you couldn't control yourself that would already be a problem wouldn't it?' Marcella was a psyker after all, but Orla was was glad it wasn't up to her to determine where to draw the line.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

'So the throwing him into a hole comes later then.' From what Orla had heard neither the Arbites or the Inquisition actually needed proof if they were suspicious enough. Even a supposedly powerful noble was not immune to their reach. Getting what they needed from him first made sense
    Ezekiel's smirk spreads into a full on smile, and with a chuckle he replies, "Oh trust me, when this is well and done Durchesse will get everything he deserves. The real question will be how much of him there is left to bury." His hand reflexively goes to his sidearm at his belt.

"Do all the money trails lead to people we already know are involved? Anything that could tie Magos Petrovskii to these affairs, for instance?" Hound asks. "There is reason to suspect that he had some prior knowledge of these artefact transfers. During our last trip to the Underhive, it also became clear that Clans Sabay and Tora are now working together, where before they were bitter enemies. It seems likely that an outside force has intervened to encourage this alliance. Is there anything on the dataslate to indicate funds are now also being paid out to Clan Tora?"

The Interrogator sighs and shakes his head in the negative. He says, "I honestly saw nothing regarding the Magos, nor the Tech Priest organization as a whole. If you would like, I can take a look further into The Magos as you further our primary investigation." He pauses, his eyes narrowing as he adds, "And as far as outside sources go, do you think perhaps your meddling in the underhive has lead to their union? Honestly, I don't see much of a need to worry about the underhive gangs now, unless there is something I am missing." The way he speaks, makes it clear that Ezekiel sees himself well above Underhive gang wars, and the like.

He raises an eyebrow, scanning the rest of the group. "Any other questions before we discuss next steps?"
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

On the Sabay and the Tora working together. 'Anything's possible.' Orla did not think it was possible that they would just join together like that but will humour the Interrogator. 'But if they got together because of interference it's not going to last. They wouldn't see the point in sharing unless there was a really good reason.'

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

He raises an eyebrow, scanning the rest of the group. "Any other questions before we discuss next steps?"

Marc remained quiet, signifying that no, she had no further questions.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"It was through the efforts of the third gang, Clan Raptore, that this heretical trade in xenos artifacts came to light, and they have since been of assistance in providing information and shelter to us during our investigations into the Underhive connection. Sabay and Tora will turn their sights on them if they are no longer blood enemies. If the Raptore are wiped out, we will lose a valuable resource in the Underhive - one which we will be hard pressed to replace. At the very least, the activities of Clans Sabay and Tora should be closely monitored while we pursue other leads," Hounds offers his opinion.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ezekiel listens to this, his face hardened and indifferent. But it is to Orla who he speaks, clearly aware of the girl's affiliation. "Unfortunately, we must focus our intentions on higher matters. Unfortunately the Inquisition cannot distract itself with every injustice and every inequity within the Imperium," he says, his voice cold and measured. The Interrogator turns his attention to Hound and continues, "Our duty is to a higher responsibility. Sacrifices must be made!" He stops and sighs, and with this his countence softens. "However," Ezekiel says hesitantly, "I will not dictate how you run your business. As long as you focus your attentions on the next step in taking down Durchesse and finding out what exactly the hell he is up to, you are free to spend your energies and resources as you wish." The Interrogator crosses his arms across his chest, and tilts his head to the side, and takes a deep breath in and out.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Hound's point made Orla's stomach lurch. 'If they're working together because they're taking orders then I'd like to think they'd have better things to do. If not and I can't see it lasting as I said.' It would be easier to believe that. 'In the short term who knows. Might be worth getting a way of calling the girls without any of us having to go down there. Unless anyone's got a spare crate of weapons lying around here somewhere that they wouldn't mind donating?' She doubted it but it didn't hurt to ask. Perhaps she should make her own arrangements.

Orla otherwise took the Interrogator's point without complaint. It made sense, even if she didn't have to like it. 'But...if you knew they were using xenos weapons you might have to think again right?' Which meant that she was obliged to wait for word from Raptore on the matter one way or the other.

19. - Top - End - #529

Beholder

Marcella

"Like...dogs?" Marcella asked with bright eyes, holding her right hand to where the approximate shoulder-height of a pooch would be.

"I would love a dog! Did you have any growing up?"
    Arl paused for a moment, remembering. "We had several, mainly to assist with herdbeasts. It wasn't hard to get them to accompany you when watching out for predators." He smiled at the thought. "They weren't pets, mind you, but they respected us and we them. They worked well with the herdbeasts and could be friendly when they cared to be."

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Orla will watch Marcella have a moment with a smile. 'That we have. You're fun to tease you know that.'

On the second point, 'Seems to me like if you couldn't control yourself that would already be a problem wouldn't it?' Marcella was a psyker after all, but Orla was was glad it wasn't up to her to determine where to draw the line.

Marc pursed her lips, her cheeks carrying that slight blush as she tried not to pull a friendly teasing face in return. "Fun to tease, hmph!" she humphed in good humour.

"Oh, it's...not that simple," she commented, "I'm only half the equation. On the...other side, there are innumerable entities, all with wills and desires of their own, and they're not in the habit of asking. In between us is glass..." the Psyker's voice slowed as she half spoke and half thought about her words, and the implications. Abruptly, her face brightened, "but! Service to the Emperor and Imperium in the Inquisition is one of the better gigs for people like me. I could have been drafted into the Imperial Guard as a battlefield Psyker, or worse. If I'm allowed to retire, if I even live that long...hmm, maybe. That'd be really nice, actually!" she gave a bright, sweet smile.

Arl paused for a moment, remembering. "We had several, mainly to assist with herdbeasts. It wasn't hard to get them to accompany you when watching out for predators." He smiled at the thought. "They weren't pets, mind you, but they respected us and we them. They worked well with the herdbeasts and could be friendly when they cared to be."

"Hmm, I'd like something a bit friendlier. We get enough attitude from our line of work, hehe," she giggled.

"Maybe a kitty - a really affectionate one! I know the nobles in this part of the Spire have some as pets. We used to have some mangy cats on the Sevastopol to catch rats."

The Psyker reached over to the bench by her side, drawing up a glass of water and taking a sip, "but, after everything you've seen and been through here, would you ever want to go back to Kesh?"
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-02-03 at 11:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Orla's question doesn't seem to surprise the Interrogator, though he speaks with a certain kindness that Ezekiel did not commonly use. "I'm sorry, but as far as I am aware, none of the clans were using the Xenos weapons, but that Boss Half Face was trading them back to Lord Durchesse in exchange for weapons they otherwise would never have access to. I assume the Sabay didn't even know what was in the crates they were picking up from the Toxic Wastes, let along how to use them. If they did know, they would probably try to keep them for themselves, assuming they had the balls to betray Durchess and commit such heresies."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

To Marcella, 'Well there you go then. Things could.always be worse.'
    --------------

'Just trying to see where I stand.' If they were working for Durchesse then tying them to the xenos weapons would be evidence of the connection. And it would conveniently be the sort of thing that the Inquisition might actually take interest in. But it was all just Orla trying to think ahead. 'As you say, there's no help here.' The Raptore were used to it.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

"Sir," Marcs soft voice piped up in the silence.

"If our next step is to return to the Underhive and attempt to infiltrate the Rogue Trader vessel, may I make a requisition request for an Auspex scanner and either a gas mask or re-breather each with a reload canister? i grew up on a satellite; these places can be labyrinthine with numerous environmental hazards."

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

To Marcella, 'Well there you go then. Things could.always be worse.'
    Marc smirked while taking a sip of her water, that blush remaining on a topic she rarely thought about, let alone discussed with other people. "We're in the Upper Spire now. Maybe there's some puppy-dog eyed nobles son out there..." she shrugged, chuckling into her mug.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Interrogator raises an eyebrow at the psyker's question, but his reply is directed towards Arl. "My understanding was that The Rogue Trader was expected to be docking at one of the main garages in the midhive," he says raising an eyebrow, "that was my understanding anyways from speaking with your companion. I doubt are any docks working in the underhive at this point... which is probably why they were dropping cargo in the toxic wastes outside the hive."

But a smirk spreads across Ezekiel's face, this one as mirthful as every other one of his smug grins. Extending his gaze across the group, the Interrogator says, "Besides, while Arl takes care of getting onto Cassimire's ship, I was hoping the rest of you would be willing to infiltrate the upcoming Solstice Ball. I was able to make a contact who could get us one invitation for a local noble and their retinue. I hear all the Upper Hive's most wealthy and interesting socialites will be there. It might be the perfect opportunity to start gathering real intel on Lord Durchesse and his family and allies." Ezekiel lets this float over the group, watching their reactions with titilated excitement.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marc kept a cool face, but internally chided herself for screwing up the detail of the MidHive, not the Underhive. However, she did notice that the Inquisitor did not answer her question. That probably meant No.

However, the news that they would be attending a fancy ball - that was something else! A subtle ripple went across Marcella's face as a hundred questions shot through her head. They'd be the retinue for a noble? Naturally, she assumed that Ezekiel would be playing that role: but would they be 'undercover' as flunkies, or taking on more formal roles?

Knowing that she had spoken enough and that she was just another bad sentence away from going from 'eccentric Psyker' to 'stupid girl', Marcella looked pleasantly surprised - but kept her mouth shut.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

Orla knows little about spaceships but only as a vague idea about what a ball involves. 'I'll take your word for it bossman, but would they actually let the likes of me in there? Even as muscle?' This was not the sort of thing she would have had any interest in getting close to normally. The sort of security they had at a place like that was asking for trouble.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"I concur with Acolyte Orla's line of thought. We will be hard pressed to pull off impersonating local nobility, but if the invite comes with one attached as cover, we might be able to pass as this person's retinue," Hound says.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Orla's question only broadens the crud eating grin on The Interrogator's face. "I promise we can provide adequate disguises and identification for covers," he replies with a saccharine voice, "the rest will be up to your acting abilities, or at least your ability to keep your mouth shut."

He listens patiently to Hound as well before replying, "Which is why my suggestion would be turning Father Milo into our... noble, so to speak. He has the pedigree and upbringing. Perhaps he is a newly arrived representative of some merchant family from another planet? Come come now, this is something you can have some fun with!"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound raises a single, sceptical eyebrow at Ezekiel's suggestion. "With all due respect, Interrogator, Father Milo has so far shown little interest in acting with any kind of discretion or restraint, and he appears to have great difficulty in following a plan. Were it not for his actions at Drimmle's manse, there might never have been a firefight in the first place, and thus no corresponding mess to clean up. For all his pedigree and experience with the milieu in question, I do not believe he can be trusted not to jeopardize the mission from boredom or inattention."

OOC: This idea is going to be a really tough sell. Obviously Ezekiel can order us to comply with his idea, and Hound will do so, but if he (or Milo) wants to convince Hound that this is a good idea, he's going to need some really solid arguments as to why Milo can be trusted to take the lead.