New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Lightbulb Legendary Games Presents: Arcforge Compilation Playtest

Been a bit, hasn't it?

The Arcforge line is currently up to eleven books, and I have certainly learned a lot in my time working on the project. One thing that I've come to appreciate is the value of quality playtesting, which is why I'm taking the series to these forums once again for its grand return!

The Kickstarter for the project can be found here. There are plenty of sweet rewards to claim, and the stretch goals are going to be awesome!

The Arcforge Compilation Playtest will be consolidating material from across the series, from the dozens of archetypes to the plentiful new spells and powers to the mech rules to the two new spheres in Technomancy and Pilot. Our initial chapter begins with feats, mechs, mech-archetypes, and the revised Helmsman class.

We will be updating this page with new content as it is ready for playtest, and also sharing the details on the Kickstarter when it releases. Players and GMs alike can expect plenty of amazing material.
    Last edited by Thealtruistorc; 2024-02-28 at 03:51 PM.
    Dark Green, the color of Chaotic Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Altruistorc is leaving me deeply disturbed and intrigued at the same time...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Legendary Games Presents: Arcforge Compilation Playtest

Hello! As this will be a compilation of all the Arcforge content, I had a question regarding Akasha as Cybertech; I saw it was presented in Technology Advanced in brief and added onto slightly in Psibertech (Daevic/Metahuman Aspects, Cyborg Engineer Vizier archtype), but was there any further exploration/expansion of this concept in the rest of the product line? Further examples of reskinned veils, adaptations for Co7S akasha classes, etc?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

To be honest I haven't heard of Arcforge before. Could you explain in brief what it is, is it a setting? Additional rulebooks? A remake of the system? All of the above?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

4. - Top - End - #4

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut
    Hello! As this will be a compilation of all the Arcforge content, I had a question regarding Akasha as Cybertech; I saw it was presented in Technology Advanced in brief and added onto slightly in Psibertech (Daevic/Metahuman Aspects, Cyborg Engineer Vizier archtype), but was there any further exploration/expansion of this concept in the rest of the product line? Further examples of reskinned veils, adaptations for Co7S akasha classes, etc?
    The playtest so far has explored new avenues of intersecting Akasha and Cybertech with the new Hivemind class, and while I don't plan on more reskinned veils I am certainly interested in exploring reskinned versions of the Akashic Classes from Lost Spheres Publishing and Studio M! The archetype section currently includes a high-tech archetype for the Eclipse class, so if that's up your alley I recommend giving it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain
    To be honest I haven't heard of Arcforge before. Could you explain in brief what it is, is it a setting? Additional rulebooks? A remake of the system? All of the above?
    The Arcforge line began as a series presenting high-tech options for characters of numerous classes, introducing custom vehicles/mechs, new cybernetics and equipment, and a number of methods for akashic and psionic characters to interface with technology. As this series has progressed, Arcforge has incorporated high tech into the Spheres of Power and Might systems as well, bringing all of these subsystems together in a vast and comprehensive campaign setting with its own gods, monsters, history, and support for first-party classes. The compilation will be bringing improved versions of all of these elements together under a pair of books, one for players and one for DMs.

5. - Top - End - #5

OrcBarbarianGuy

At long last, we are live. I have pasted a link to the Kickstarter in the original post.

The playtest is also live again, and right now we have the following to explore:
    -Feats, an index of all the feats for the various systems supported by Arcforge
    -Mech Rules, the revised and rebalanced mechanics for Arcforge's premiere system
    -Mech Archtypes, for characters who wish to embrace mech piloting as a major part of their abilities.
    -The Helmsman Class, a mech pilot built around augmenting their vehicle with Akasha.

6. - Top - End - #6

OrcBarbarianGuy

Stretch Goals have been announced, and some of them are wild!

That's right, unlike most of our Quickstarter projects, we will have a small number of stretch goals for Arcforge Universe. For all of its grandiosity, the world of Arcforge can expand even further. We've got plenty more player and GM options down the line, including a very special collaboration that takes the setting into uncharted territory. Matt is already hard at work on putting them together, and he's excited to make them happen if the project support makes it happen!

$8,000 - Magical Eternities ALREADY UNLOCKED! Both books will be enhanced with bonus sections of all-new Talents, Spells, Veils, Powers, and Monsters!

$14,000 - Technological Infinities [LOCKED] We'll be adding new options and mechanics for equipment of all sorts, including new rules for building your own high-tech weaponry and taking your vessels into space.

$20,000 - Deposition of Godhead [LOCKED] Arcforge goes where no Legendary Games world has before, becoming the basis for an Arcforge/Lost Omens Crossover Book on Pathfinder Infinite. Written by Matt Daley and a team of experienced Paizo authors, this book contains plenty of new player and GM options in addition to new lore that brings the world of Golarion into What Lies Beyond. As a Pathfinder Infinite product that contains official Paizo IP, it cannot be offered as a reward through Kickstarter, but hitting this funding goal ensures we'll be able to fund its development as a Pathfinder Infinite product!

7. - Top - End - #7

OrcBarbarianGuy

We have crossed Stretch Goal 2!

Expect an update to the Playtest come Wednesday with revisions, and the Wednesday after that you can expect to see the next volume of the playtest.

8. - Top - End - #8

OrcBarbarianGuy

Next update is up, this time with Combat, Magic, and Skill spheres!

This of course means the return of the Technomancy Sphere!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

so if I understand correctly, Hypershot which is a legendary talent and requires Splitshot (so 2 equipment talents)

means one can target any invisible creature within a cone or line, not by targeting them directly but via shooting arrows at their squares. They would still get miss chance and I do not understand if it would be AC of 10 for the square or the AC of the creature you can not see but the arrows targeted their square anyway?

I am asking if I understand the rule interactions correctly.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

10. - Top - End - #10

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    so if I understand correctly, Hypershot which is a legendary talent and requires Splitshot (so 2 equipment talents)

means one can target any invisible creature within a cone or line, not by targeting them directly but via shooting arrows at their squares. They would still get miss chance and I do not understand if it would be AC of 10 for the square or the AC of the creature you can not see but the arrows targeted their square anyway?

I am asking if I understand the rule interactions correctly.
    Hypershot uses the same rules as scatter firearms, so you would need to hit the target's AC (albeit with them losing their miss chance).

11. - Top - End - #11

OrcBarbarianGuy

The latest (and largest) wave of the playtest is now up, this time presenting over 40 unique archetypes for classes across Psionics, Spheres, and multiple other systems.