New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Boruto Two Blue Vortex (Unmarked Spoilers for Part 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Yeah, that was unnecessarily hostile of me. Again, apologies.

{Scrub the post, scrub the quote}
    Apology accepted, and that's fair. I posted mostly because I got curious about how far into the Boruto anime I got, which turned out to be both a long way (two and a half years of continuous episodes) and not very far at all. I was totally shocked when I saw 293 episodes of it, hence the rant. It wasn't directed at the manga pacing since I haven't, y'know, read it. Nothing against Boruto there, I just don't do manga. Never been able to get into the format.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'll be honest, I completely zoned out the instant "time travel arc" was brought up. Absurd. Rater's point about it being "supplemental" for the manga is fair to a point, but also literally nothing in the anime has any effect on the manga so... I'm unsure how accurate that is.

The point about how slow and plodding and mixed in quality the Boruto anime is is fun, because we also get things like the manga adaptations of some of its storylines, like Mirai's very cool and good comedy adventure, or Sasuke fighting some dinosaurs and having some legitimate romantic moments with Sakura in the first time in series history.

Naw it's fine to discuss the anime here. All (should) be welcome here.
    The time travel arc was actually surprisingly good. It involved a third Otsutsuki that was anime original called Urashiki. He started with an arc involving Gaara's adopted kid Shinki, and those episodes were...honestly pretty dumb. There's a particular point I recall where Shinki and Boruto are trying to evade Urashiki and come to a river in a deep gorge. They declare that they can't pass this and need to go to a bridge, where Urashiki will no doubt be waiting. Nevermind that these are both ninja who would be able to run down the side of one cliff, across the water, and up the other. Or that Shinki has Magnet Release and could easily levitate across on a platform of iron sand. Etc. This sort of problem was endemic to the anime, and is characteristic of a lot of the poorer filler episodes.

But to get back to the time travel arc, after they do get back to the Leaf Village they are again attacked by Urashiki, and a quirk of the ninja tool Urashiki is using gets Boruto, Sasuke, and Urashiki thrown back in time to a period shortly after the Sasuke Retrieval arc - after Sasuke is gone but while Naruto hasn't left to train with Jiraiya.

And that's where things get interesting - Boruto gets to meet Naruto as a kid, and it really shows just how different he is from Naruto when Naruto was the same age. Jiraiya is heavily involved in the arc and it's great to see him again. There's a wonderfully touching scene with Neji. The whole arc has some great character work and is one of the better examples of what the Boruto anime is capable of.

I just wish the anime hadn't been so...bipolar. The Shinki arc I described was preceded by a Konohmaru romance arc, which was mediocre. Before that it was the Steam Ninja Scrolls (a.k.a. the Mirai comedy adventure) which was superb. But that was preceded by the Jugo arc, which plumbed the depths of the worst Naruto Part 1 filler.

The way the Boruto anime is written makes it hard to tell what's going to be good or not. Maybe I should try picking it up again with a watch guide to get the stuff that's actually good. A quick check on Reddit shows that I quit just before the Mujina Bandits arc from the manga begins, and that the point where I stopped was at the end of a LONG period of recommended skip episodes (Time Slip arc excluded).
    Last edited by truemane; 2023-08-21 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Scrub the quote

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

I actually liked the Jugo Arc but I'm a sucker for when the mechanics of the power are explained and the arc provided some good data for how Jugo's bloodline and the curse marks work.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    The time travel arc was actually surprisingly good. It involved a third Otsutsuki that was anime original called Urashiki. He started with an arc involving Gaara's adopted kid Shinki, and those episodes were...honestly pretty dumb. There's a particular point I recall where Shinki and Boruto are trying to evade Urashiki and come to a river in a deep gorge. They declare that they can't pass this and need to go to a bridge, where Urashiki will no doubt be waiting. Nevermind that these are both ninja who would be able to run down the side of one cliff, across the water, and up the other. Or that Shinki has Magnet Release and could easily levitate across on a platform of iron sand. Etc. This sort of problem was endemic to the anime, and is characteristic of a lot of the poorer filler episodes.

But to get back to the time travel arc, after they do get back to the Leaf Village they are again attacked by Urashiki, and a quirk of the ninja tool Urashiki is using gets Boruto, Sasuke, and Urashiki thrown back in time to a period shortly after the Sasuke Retrieval arc - after Sasuke is gone but while Naruto hasn't left to train with Jiraiya.

And that's where things get interesting - Boruto gets to meet Naruto as a kid, and it really shows just how different he is from Naruto when Naruto was the same age. Jiraiya is heavily involved in the arc and it's great to see him again. There's a wonderfully touching scene with Neji. The whole arc has some great character work and is one of the better examples of what the Boruto anime is capable of.

I just wish the anime hadn't been so...bipolar. The Shinki arc I described was preceded by a Konohmaru romance arc, which was mediocre. Before that it was the Steam Ninja Scrolls (a.k.a. the Mirai comedy adventure) which was superb. But that was preceded by the Jugo arc, which plumbed the depths of the worst Naruto Part 1 filler.

The way the Boruto anime is written makes it hard to tell what's going to be good or not. Maybe I should try picking it up again with a watch guide to get the stuff that's actually good. A quick check on Reddit shows that I quit just before the Mujina Bandits arc from the manga begins, and that the point where I stopped was at the end of a LONG period of recommended skip episodes (Time Slip arc excluded).
    Gaara can literally fly using sand who wrote this WHAT???

... admittedly I haven't seen it play out, but that feels very... halmark-y time travel story. Going back to when the series was at its peak to just provide some much needed reminders of the past and contrast with our characters. I'm still unsure how I'd feel about it because time travel in general is such a loaded gun, but from what you describe it sounds fine. It's... a genuine shame that none of that stuff will basically ever touch on the main series!

Shinki and The Inexplicable Other Alien Moon Rabbit sounds exactly as dumb as you said. "Konohamaru finds a girlfriend" is so tedious sounding, especially given the current status of him in the series is "single but his female squad mate is clearly into him and Angry he won't make moves" which like, just kinda makes the whole event useless. I'm... genuinely shocked anyone remembers Jugo enough to MAKE an arc of him... or that he even has enough going on to fill an entire arc of anything, he was always somehow the least important member of Sasuke's idiot squad, which is impressive given Karin was there.

Mirai's story getting the recognition it deserves makes me happy though. What a good series of manga chapters/anime episodes. I can't believe how gay Kakashi and Guy are.

Also I forgot to say it, but; the fact that the Boruto anime really is just a bunch of dubious canon material between the moments where they actually touch on the manga content is... astounding. Generally when you're making an anime of a monthly series and you find yourself in that situation, you sit on your hands till enough has happened to justify it. I know Kishimoto's been in charge of the filler since Shippuden in some capacity or another (all the stuff in the anime that could have happened in the manga but didn't, like dealing with the Slug's sealed host) but ultimately, beyond Boruto's nurse love interest girl who is currently helping Sarada with Eida, none of this has come up (and even then, there's absolutely no indication that at some point in recent history she went turbo evil and then got saved). It's an absolute mess from beginning to end, clearly trying to touch upon thet main manga's initial themes detailing the new, controversial technology of the era, and how the Ninja World has advanced since Naruto's time (Shinki's time travel device, Mirai witnessing the twilight years of two greats, stuff like that), before ultimately devolving into ridiculous super powers out of functional nowhere and magic alien moon rabbit eyeballs.

So, exactly like how Boruto's always been, to be honest.

I actually liked the Jugo Arc but I'm a sucker for when the mechanics of the power are explained and the arc provided some good data for how Jugo's bloodline and the curse marks work.
    Entirely fair! Jugo was a character who fascinated me as a kid for that exact reason; he's apparently the source of the Cursed Mark stuff Orochimaru was using. The fact that ultimately this didn't amount to anything was always a minor sticking point with me.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    So I am not touching the backfill vs (planned) foreshadowing…for a successful backfill has no apparent difference to the reader than a planned foreshadowing. It is Hyper-Reality, it is Prometheus (name means fore-thought) and Epimetheus his identical twin Titan brother (name means after-thought),

these Titan gods and their creation (one myth has them create mankind in its current form together, there were previous mankind’s but due to Greek Ragnarok events mankind was stated over) well you can not tell which of the two Titan bros did what, that is the nature of creation.

=====

The problem with Boruto is it has existed in some form since 2014. Naruto the Last came out in 2014. Boruto the Movie in 2015. The Manga started in 2016. That is 9 years!

If you started seeing the anime movie in 2014 at the age of 9, started reading the manga at 11, you are now 18. Nothing happened in 9 years. My Hero Academia has started, done spin offs, and is close to finishing in that same time period.

Naruto in that same time period did about 400 chapters with volume 43 dropping roughly this period. For people who not recalled (google is telling me) this is right when Jiraiya dies to Pain, Sasuke vs Itachi, Sasuke wins and Obito ruins Sasuke life by telling Sasuke the truth thus destroying the intended meaning of Itachi’s sacrifice.

There is some good bones with Boruto during that period (so much I am disagreeing with, but I am skipping that.) But 9 years…gosh.

I earnestly think one can sacrifice those 80 chapters of Manga, put them in a shredder and in 128 pages, maybe 160 one can do a graphic novel that covers those 80 chapters in a quick enough flashback and no one is required to read them.
    Huh nothing happened? If anything too much happened, Boruto's biggest problem has always been it's to damn fast paced and focused on it's main plot. It's the reason the anime is weirdly better because filler helps expand things out and give the plot time to breath.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

5. - Top - End - #35

(and even then, there's absolutely no indication that at some point in recent history she went turbo evil and then got saved)
    Nitpick, it's not that she went Turbo Evil, it's that she was indoctrinated. She's basically second-generation ROOT, the whole thing was a plot by her father to take revenge on the Leaf Village on Danzo's behalf using a weapon Danzo had created but never used.

It's specifically the fact that she wasn't evil—that she didn't actually want to kill anyone or to sacrifice the Nue—that let Bort talk her down.
    Entirely fair! Jugo was a character who fascinated me as a kid for that exact reason; he's apparently the source of the Cursed Mark stuff Orochimaru was using. The fact that ultimately this didn't amount to anything was always a minor sticking point with me.
    What's more interesting is that while Jugo's Kekei Genkai isn't named, its applications are. Sage Transformation, or Senninka (仙人化) is a method or entering sage mode using Jugo's bloodline and is based around his ability to use natural energy to alter his body. Kabuto's Dragon Sage Mode is based on combining Snake Sage Mode and Sage Transformation and Mitsuki's "perfect snake sage mode" is likewise altered by the fact that he has Jugo's bloodline as part of his genetic makeup.

仙人化 is also used, in Chapter 666 of the Naruto Manga, to refer to the transformation undergone by the Ten-Tails Jinchuriki and, well... there are some parallels between Jugo's abilities and the ten-tails's as well as to how uh, Obito more or less went Homicidally insane until he gained control of the Ten-Tails.

...There are also some parallels with Wood Release/HAshirama cells. Especially if you take the Anime's expanded take on the Kara Actuation Arc which has a prelude about a mission to find a missing person running into experiments involving Hashirama Cells.

I have theories.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #36

So it's been over a week, so the spoiler timeframe has experied for Chapter 1.

My hope for the future: That the very first arc of part 2 being Code's invasion gives us more context/explanation for how the White Kama works compared to the default version soon.

It's supposed to be stronger than the regular version but other than "you can't be taken over by an Otsutsiki" it mostly seems like a downgrade beyond alleged higher power and... we don't know how much of that is the Kama and how much is Code's mods.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-08-29 at 05:16 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait white Kama is stronger? I do not remember that.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

8. - Top - End - #38

Wait white Kama is stronger? I do not remember that.
    It is flat out just not- even "can't be controlled by an Otsutsuki" isn't fully accurate, given Eida's powers are space rabbit based.

9. - Top - End - #39

The White Kama doesn't transform the user into a copy of the Otsutsuki who implanted them—on the contrary, it doesn't transform the user at all—but in exchange grants them "Pure Otsutsuki Power"

According to Amado, Code's white kama and his bodies reaction to it gave him "abnormal" power—his kama alone makes him more powerful than Jigen. The whole point of his limiters is that he was a potential threat to Ishiki so he voluntarily had a god chunk of his raw power sealed away.

However, we haven't really seen that. Yeah, not getting possessed or biologically overwritten is nice... But that means that Code is still a squishy human underneath the raw power and battle experiance he got from Ishiki and unlike Kawaki can't use Ishiki's dojutsu.

The white kama also lacks the ability to absorb ninjutsu or serve as a focus for Space-Time techniques.

So from what we know about it it's a net loss. I want to know what about it makes Code so powerful.

...Now granted, judging from how old Code and Kawaki look in a flashback its possible that the White Kama extracts much faster but that wouldn't explain a raw power increase over the default, you'd just hit full power more quickly.
    It is flat out just not- even "can't be controlled by an Otsutsuki" isn't fully accurate, given Eida's powers are space rabbit based.
    I was under the impression that that was in reference to being inhabited by the soul of the Otsutsuki who implanted the kama.

Like, Code''s genetics and physiology arne't beign rewritten to make him a copy of Ishiki and Ishiki's soul can't inhabit him.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #40

The White Kama doesn't transform the user into a copy of the Otsutsuki who implanted them—on the contrary, it doesn't transform the user at all—but in exchange grants them "Pure Otsutsuki Power"

According to Amado, Code's white kama and his bodies reaction to it gave him "abnormal" power—his kama alone makes him more powerful than Jigen. The whole point of his limiters is that he was a potential threat to Ishiki so he voluntarily had a god chunk of his raw power sealed away.

However, we haven't really seen that. Yeah, not getting possessed or biologically overwritten is nice... But that means that Code is still a squishy human underneath the raw power and battle experiance he got from Ishiki and unlike Kawaki can't use Ishiki's dojutsu.

The white kama also lacks the ability to absorb ninjutsu or serve as a focus for Space-Time techniques.

So from what we know about it it's a net loss. I want to know what about it makes Code so powerful.

...Now granted, judging from how old Code and Kawaki look in a flashback its possible that the White Kama extracts much faster but that wouldn't explain a raw power increase over the default, you'd just hit full power more quickly.

I was under the impression that that was in reference to being inhabited by the soul of the Otsutsuki who implanted the kama.

Like, Code''s genetics and physiology arne't beign rewritten to make him a copy of Ishiki and Ishiki's soul can't inhabit him.
    Yeah none of that says it's more powerful than the regular black karma, it's just different- probably weaker, since even if it's a large portion of power but with no rabbit OS, they still need to figure out how to make use of it, and it's probably not at the full strength of a full space rabbit.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, after Code unlocked his limiters he proceeded to lose a fight with a ten year old whose power works via a very specific gimmick that he already knew. I just think Code genuinely isn't that hot a **** as everyone thinks he is.

11. - Top - End - #41

Yeah none of that says it's more powerful than the regular black karma, it's just different- probably weaker, since even if it's a large portion of power but with no rabbit OS, they still need to figure out how to make use of it, and it's probably not at the full strength of a full space rabbit.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, after Code unlocked his limiters he proceeded to lose a fight with a ten year old whose power works via a very specific gimmick that he already knew. I just think Code genuinely isn't that hot a **** as everyone thinks he is.
    Again, Amado flat-out said that Code is more powerful than Jigen as a direct result of the White Kama.

And to be fair. it's not like there's exactly a counter for Daemon's power. Think about attacking him and it's like you've just been punched.

Actually attack him and your attack happens to you.

Short of like, using a Genjutsu on yourself so you hug him to death without thinking I don't think there's actually a way to defeat Daemon... I mean, unless he remains completely passive for the rest of the series there's probably gonna be some work around but... We're flat to told that Daemon's abilities make him the most powerful being on earth currently.

...Though it's probably gonna turn out that something unique to Himawari serves as a counter for it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #42

Again, Amado flat-out said that Code is more powerful than Jigen as a direct result of the White Kama.

And to be fair. it's not like there's exactly a counter for Daemon's power. Think about attacking him and it's like you've just been punched.

Actually attack him and your attack happens to you.

Short of like, using a Genjutsu on yourself so you hug him to death without thinking I don't think there's actually a way to defeat Daemon... I mean, unless he remains completely passive for the rest of the series there's probably gonna be some work around but... We're flat to told that Daemon's abilities make him the most powerful being on earth currently.

...Though it's probably gonna turn out that something unique to Himawari serves as a counter for it.
    Jigen was a dude, space rabbit or not, whose body was directly failing so badly he was really rushing the "make a new body" thing. He's still certainly powerful, but weaker than one would expect.

It's directly stated before this moment that Damien must be in contact with another person for this ability to activate. No this isn't consistent with every scene he's in but that's because it's just a stupid thing that was brought up arbitrarily. Point is however, Code knew this, knew how to avoid getting touched so that his killing intent would splash back on him, and still got his face dragged across the floor.

He's in love with Himawari and he said himself he thinks she's got a beastly power so she can probably bypass this ability that has a very overtly stated weakpoint to it.

13. - Top - End - #43

Jigen was a dude, space rabbit or not, whose body was directly failing so badly he was really rushing the "make a new body" thing. He's still certainly powerful, but weaker than one would expect.
    Given that Jigen's base orm had raw power comperable to Naruto's Six Paths Sage Mode and at full power was able to defeat Naruto in that state... that's still a considerable amount of power.

He's in love with Himawari and he said himself he thinks she's got a beastly power so she can probably bypass this ability that has a very overtly stated weakpoint to it.
    There no indication that the's in love with her, only that he sensed her power.

...And to be fair, there is a distinct possibility that Naruto and Hinata's children could possess Kaguya's chakra.

But backtracking a bit... given that she aged in the last three years while he did not, I'm going to assume that there's not gonna be any relationship forming.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #44

There no indication that the's in love with her, only that he sensed her power.

...And to be fair, there is a distinct possibility that Naruto and Hinata's children could possess Kaguya's chakra.

But backtracking a bit... given that she aged in the last three years while he did not, I'm going to assume that there's not gonna be any relationship forming.
    Admittedly that's me reading into the scene, but Damien sees a girl nominally his age and gets all blushy and excited about her definitely read as "oh this could be a crush forming I Guess".

The fact that he hasn't physically changed at all DOES kibosh that entire idea though, good point.

15. - Top - End - #45

Yeah like, I'm kind of curious as to why neither Ada nor Daemon have aged... Like, it can't be a "part Otsutsuki" thing becuase Code aged and both Boruto and Kawaki aged despite being significantly more Otsutsuki than any of the cyborgs are.
    A thing I've seen get brought up...

Ishiki's ten-tails was a seedling that he and Kaguya brought to earth.

...Why would they have brought two? The way the trees are presented in Bort is that tree sucks the life out of a planet over the course of a thousand years to mold it into chakra.

Uh, when we first told about the God Tree and the Rabbit Goddess we're told that the god tree had existed on earth for so long that it was believed to have created the world and people know that it sprouted a fruit every 1000 years which... Doesn't really square with what we later learn about how they work. We're also told that Kaguya was a traveler from a distant world who had been searching for the tree...

I think after learning about the true relationship between the Otsutukis and the God-Trees that everyone has either assumed that the story has been retconned or that Kaguya just lied about it to her children—it helps that most of wha we know about that era is an anime only filler arc that outright contradicts the manga several times(the manga had finished by then there was no excuse) and so it's easy to ignore it.

The assumption is just that she fed Ishiki's lower half to a seedling and that's where 'Her' God-Tree came from but... what if it was already there?

I mean, Ishiki's body was apparently on Earth and a wall shows that three pairs of Otsutsukis have come to Earth with the third pair being so old that their symbols are eroded and grown over.

And Momoshiki and Kinshiki's behavior suggests that they just leave the god tree behind when they're done with it...

So what if... what if the story wasn't a complete lie/retconned? Kaguya(and Ishiki) came to Earth looking for a good place to plant a god-tree only to find that there was one already there and it born fruit and Kaguya then decided to go for it and kill Ishiki to take the fruit for herself?

But... Life still existed on Earth... Even after Kaguya harvested the fruit the Earth still had life on it.

If Shibai and his unknown subordinate planted a Shnju on Earth eons ago and Shibai's ascension occurred while he was midway through eating the fuit. Half-eaten chakra fruit hits to ground, Shibai's subordinate like, I don't know, puts his vacated body in a mosoleam somewhere on Earth and leaves the Shinju and half-eaten fruit behind... And as the fruit decays the chakra still in it leaches back into the planet, restoring it to life, which prompts the Shinju to suck that life energy back up.

"conservation of energy" doesn't apply to chakra, you can in fac end up with more than yo started with as demonstrated not only by th fact that it's stated that the Earth has more energy to harvest now than it did in Kaguya's time but also just, basic Sage Mode—drawing in natural energy restores your regular chakra in addition to giving you more energy to work with. The fact that the tree was molding the energy it was drawing in into chakra(and that it had power of its own to work with) means that the energy of the fruit would be at least somewhat greater than that of the planet and everything on it.

So this process repeats, the tree draining the life out of the planet, forming a fruit which goes untouched and eventually falls off and decays returning the energy to the planet until eventually the planet has enough energy that the Tree just isn't able to drain enough to kill the planet anymore and complex life begins to evolve on it once again—possibly accelerated by the fact that the biological data of everything that ever lived or died on the planet is stored in the fruits.

By the time Kaguya is there there's enough of a surplus that it's theoretically possible to sustainably harvest the planet or at least harvest enough for a single fruit without killing everyone.

Just a theory.
    Also, according to the Minato prequel oneshot, the Rasengan was originally called the "Halo Frozen Dessert Hair Whorl Jiraiya Twin Formula Sphere" until Minato was told that that was a dumb name. Kushina is the one who called it the Rasengan first.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

I have lots of thoughts, but I will circle around one at a time when I am more collected. At the moment does a spontaneous thought.

=====

We already know Daemon ability has limits and if one can figure out the limits one can defeat Daemon, like a puzzle box.

For example Code summoning Daemon to block another person’s attack, without asking for Daemon’s permission. It seems one can think of Pink Elephants type problem with mental schema / mental schemes … where how you think of Daemon as part of a larger task changes whether the reflection activates and how strong the activation.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202;25857463[B
    *Really Well Researched Fan Theory*[/B]

Also, according to the Minato prequel oneshot, the Rasengan was originally called the "Halo Frozen Dessert Hair Whorl Jiraiya Twin Formula Sphere" until Minato was told that that was a dumb name. Kushina is the one who called it the Rasengan first.
    That's honestly all really neat but I think the story might just be poor.

The """"Minato"""" oneshot was pretty alright, even if parts of it felt a little weird. Definitely wasn't about Minato at all though that was about Kushina. I do love the idea that Minato was a goober though.

I have lots of thoughts, but I will circle around one at a time when I am more collected. At the moment does a spontaneous thought.

=====

We already know Daemon ability has limits and if one can figure out the limits one can defeat Daemon, like a puzzle box.

For example Code summoning Daemon to block another person’s attack, without asking for Daemon’s permission. It seems one can think of Pink Elephants type problem with mental schema / mental schemes … where how you think of Daemon as part of a larger task changes whether the reflection activates and how strong the activation.
    Possibly. The way his power was explained he must be in contact with a person for it to activate, so maybe it's based on whoever he's touching.

18. - Top - End - #48

Another theory I've sen floating around?

I alluded to this but there's a distinct possibility that Boruto nd Himwari have Kaguya's chakra.

Kaguya's power seems to have been divided among Hogaromo and Hamura. and then was literally divided into the Nine Tailed Beasts.

Naruto has Hagaromo's chakra and that of all nine-tailed beasts, which explcitly grants him the chakra of the Ten-Tails. Hinata has Hamura's chakra.

We know that it's possible to pass chakra down from parent to child...

So while they do' have the ingredients to recreate Kaguya's biology or serve as a vessel for her, it's entirely possible that all the ingredients needed to recreate Kaguya's chakra would have been inherited by Bort and Himawari.

...but there's more. The manga depiction of the Jogan, as shown in the Boruto manga's flash forward in the first chapter, doesn't look that visually distinct from an unactivated Byakugan. It was the anime that made it blue with a black sclera.

The image we see of the "Otsutsuki God" shows them with three identical eyes and a wall of eyes behind them and in the anime they look suspiciously similar to jogan, then when we see the body of Shibai who is just outright said to have become an Otsutsuki God he looks an awful lot like the one that Ishiki was talking about except his eyes... One Senrigan, one Rinnegan, and one pale eye without a pupil that I thought everyone assumed was a Byakugan but may well in fact have been a Jogan... in his right eye, the same eye were Bort has his own Jogan.

Regardless of where Kaguya got her ten-tails from, Shibai probably lived and "died" on the Earth since his body is here, so his data was probably in her chakra fruit—the fact that his Rinnegan is in the same location as her Rinne Sharingan and the fact that she went from one of the weakest members of the clan to one of the strongest after eating Earth'schkrafruit supports this.

So it may be fair to assume that Kaguya possessed Shibai's various abilities and just never awakened them...

And stepping onto the novels for a moment, according to one of Sakurra's focus novels, Naruto's DNA has codes in it that, reverse-engineered, can be used to synthesize Kurama's chakra. Given that prenatal exposure to Kurama's chakra is responsible for Naruto's whisker marks(which we inherited by both of his children) i seems plausible that prenatal exposure to chakra causes mutations that make you more similar to who inherited it.

Or, in other words, by inheriting the ingredients for Kaguya's chakra, it is entirely possible that Bort and Himwari are more similar to Kaguya than they would otherwise be... And that, in Bort's case, due to gene recombination and stuff, this resulted in the awakening of latent traits Kaguya got from Shibai's data.

Supporting arguments for this are Boruto's horn when he goes Full Otsutsuki. When Kawaki or Jigen go full Osutski, drawing on the full power of their Kama marks, they grow Ishiki's horn.

...Bort doesn't grow Momoshiki's horn thought. the shape is vaugly similar but it's coming out of the wrong place.

the horn that Boruto grows... Looks like a mid point between Momoshiki's and Shibai's.

The person I got this theory from goes on to speculate that Himawari will awaken the Tenseigan due to having the eyes of a Hyuga and the chakra of an OTsutsuki but... I don't think I like that theory.

Especially in regard to her post-time skip design. Particularly how long her hair is.

All the way back in OG Naruto part 1... Sakura having her hair be really long was treated as a sign of immaturity. She didn't have a practical reason for it, it was a liability. Her cutting her hair after it got grabbed and, by extention, keeping it shorter from then on out was presented as a sign that she was taking being a ninja more seriously.

And that is consistent—the only people we see with super long hair either have a practical reason for it, like some technique using their hair—even ino has that thing where she uts her hair and scatters it around to have more versatility—or isn't really a frontline fighter and even then, most such characters have it tied back.

So either Himawari. who is now training to become a ninja and has a serious drive to get stronger has a practical reason for her hair to be that long... Or she's going to get a practical reason. Himawari already shows a disturbingly lethal affinity for the use of the Byakugan in combat.

Not to suggest that Hima is going to get all of Kaguya's powers but manifesting her unique Byakugan ability and related Kekei Mora is plausible.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

We gotta go back , before the time skip

20. - Top - End - #50

New Chapter dropped.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So... some of the Claw Grimes have rinnegan, one of them ate a gy and turned into a tree, and becuase Code enhanced them somehow, hs Ten-Tails is gonna be worse than the normal "sucks the life out of a planet" bit.

Teh question is... How does Boruto know that?

Placing bets.

1: Momoshiki told him for some reason—pissed off that this means he can't use it to get a fruit, maybe?

2: Boruto's Jogan has prophetic powers.

3: Boruto's mastery of the Karma has developed to the point where he can accessMomoshiki's Byakugan, which has prophetic powers, and forsaw it using that.

4 Wild Card option, Boruto time traveled to a Bad Future off screen.

Also, Bort's just ready to ice a bitch if Code won't back down.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #51

New Chapter dropped.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So... some of the Claw Grimes have rinnegan, one of them ate a gy and turned into a tree, and becuase Code enhanced them somehow, hs Ten-Tails is gonna be worse than the normal "sucks the life out of a planet" bit.

Teh question is... How does Boruto know that?

Placing bets.

1: Momoshiki told him for some reason—pissed off that this means he can't use it to get a fruit, maybe?

2: Boruto's Jogan has prophetic powers.

3: Boruto's mastery of the Karma has developed to the point where he can accessMomoshiki's Byakugan, which has prophetic powers, and forsaw it using that.

4 Wild Card option, Boruto time traveled to a Bad Future off screen.

Also, Bort's just ready to ice a bitch if Code won't back down.
    Spoiler
    Show

It'd be incredibly funny if Boruto did a time travel off screen because of the precedent of him going back in time during the anime- which was ALSO not on screen during the manga. Just, Boruto has the power of time travel but only if it is anime original or off screen. That'd be amusing.

But naw, it's likely that Momo just complained/bragged that the... ""Clawgrimes" being tainted by Code's fail-boy hot topic studded belts is weakening their instinct to eat moon rabbit, and that they'll eat basically anyone and turn into a tree that spawns tainted fruit or something.

I do find it amusing that Boruto is completely fed up with Code. Like, he's gone full dismissive badass to this guy that is ostensibly the main antagonist of the series right now. It's a fun reminder of how actually pathetic and useless Code is.

Anyway speaking of kinda useless, I've been thinking on the events and realized something- man that time skip didn't really do anything to advance the world, huh? The conversation Sarada had with Eida last chapter taking place only NOW, two years after the incident, makes no real sense. The fact that Sarada's seemingly been spending the entire two years trying to convince Shikamaru of her side being right. The fact that Code decides to attack now, of all things. The only thing that's really advanced is "everyone grew a bit older and stronger", which makes the world feel a bit stagnant. Boruto's interruption and dismissal of Code's invasion wouldn't make sense if it took place before the time skip though, so... guess we needed a time skip for that?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Things we learned with Chapter 2

Spoiler: Chapter 2
    Show

A) Code was injured during the time skip, one of his eyes was slashed, the opposite one to Boruto.
    B) Furthermore they faced each other during the time skip and Code thought he won.

A and B may be linked or separate events.

C) Sasuke knows where the ten tails was, Boruto does not know where the ten tails is. Thus they are not together, or if together Sasuke is not sharing. Sasuke is unaccounted for.

D) The Ten Tale doppelgängers, they are all a blur. But if one tracks the one who gains a Rinnegan throughout the fight with its facial markings, he gains the Rinnegan after Kawaki kicks it, for the Ten Tale doppelgängers we’re attacking Himawari (Boruto’s sister)

23. - Top - End - #53

Spoiler
    Show
    Some people are latching on to the time travel theory, but are suggesting that Bort traveled to the past and witnessed the original Ten-Tails instead.

One theorist I watch has even cited a single panel from the fight against Kaguya, where a shadowy figure who is unaccounted for is seen in the background of Team 7+Obito's fight against Kaguya...

...Which, if that is a time-traveling Bort, would suggest that this was planned for nearly a decade.

Now, the anime version of this scene is framed so as to imply that was Sakura, but the anime also changed the typography of Kaguya's gravity dimension and the mysterious figure appears to be wearing a cloak or cape in the manga which Sasukra was not.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-09-21 at 05:34 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #54

Spoiler
    Show
    Some people are latching on to the time travel theory, but are suggesting that Bort traveled to the past and witnessed the original Ten-Tails instead.

One theorist I watch has even cited a single panel from the fight against Kaguya, where a shadowy figure who is unaccounted for is seen in the background of Team 7+Obito's fight against Kaguya...

...Which, if that is a time-traveling Bort, would suggest that this was planned for nearly a decade.

Now, the anime version of this scene is framed so as to imply that was Sakura, but the anime also changed the typography of Kaguya's gravity dimension and the mysterious figure appears to be wearing a cloak or cape in the manga which Sasukra was not.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no world where Boruto learned about how dangerous the ten tailed is by going back in time off screen for the second time in the series I'm sorry.

Like, sorry to the theorist, but that's just a random background ninja.

25. - Top - End - #55

Spoiler
    Show
    There is no world where Boruto learned about how dangerous the ten tailed is by going back in time off screen for the second time in the series I'm sorry.

Like, sorry to the theorist, but that's just a random background ninja.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I mean, they're in Kaguya's personal reality at that point, there's literally no way that it could be a random background ninja.

In non-spoiler observations... On review, while the red clouds aren't in play, Sarada's jacket being black on the outside and red on the inside... Kind of has the same vibe as the Akatsuki cloaks.

It could be a coincidence but... Sarada did once ask about Itachi and did not get any answers, and last chapter did establish that Sarada has since learned details of her family history that were being kept form her in the first part of the Manga.

If she knows about Itachi, that is to say the whole story about Itachi, and... Similar aesthetic to the Akatsuki cloak, but replacing the red clouds with the Uchiha symbol on the back? Wouldn't be the first time someone in the series has identified with someone they never met.

I'm not exactly confident on that, mind you.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #56

Spoiler
    Show
    I mean, they're in Kaguya's personal reality at that point, there's literally no way that it could be a random background ninja.

In non-spoiler observations... On review, while the red clouds aren't in play, Sarada's jacket being black on the outside and red on the inside... Kind of has the same vibe as the Akatsuki cloaks.

It could be a coincidence but... Sarada did once ask about Itachi and did not get any answers, and last chapter did establish that Sarada has since learned details of her family history that were being kept form her in the first part of the Manga.

If she knows about Itachi, that is to say the whole story about Itachi, and... Similar aesthetic to the Akatsuki cloak, but replacing the red clouds with the Uchiha symbol on the back? Wouldn't be the first time someone in the series has identified with someone they never met.

I'm not exactly confident on that, mind you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fair, though I wonder if that's like... a thing they even remembered, since my understanding of that was that between each dip into "realm of fire" or "realm of acid" they returned back to the normal world. Regardless, it's probably just an error.

Interesting theory, and more interesting than "it's Boruto's coat" which is something a manga recap show I watch latched onto which is the most stupid and wrong.

27. - Top - End - #57

Spoiler: Last Page Speculation
    Show
    As far as I can tell, the title attached to Boruto's new Rasengan vaient translates as "vortex boy" and given he's got bands of energy swirling around him it seems like he's basically expanded his Rasengan around himself to form some kind of barrier...

But looking at it closely...

It sort of looks like a smaller version of the vortex around Shibui when the concept of Shinjutsu is explained to us.

So... either Boruto has used Momoshiki's knowledge of every shinutsu to improve his own techniques, or more evidence that Bort has somehow inherited Shibai's power.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #58

An observation: The claw grimes kind of look like fourth form Frieza from Dragon Ball.

Do you think that's deliberate or just a consequence of there only being so many body types you can get away with for a non-human creature in a martial arts manga?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #59

An observation: The claw grimes kind of look like fourth form Frieza from Dragon Ball.

Do you think that's deliberate or just a consequence of there only being so many body types you can get away with for a non-human creature in a martial arts manga?
    The black panels with white studs almost makes it TO comparable to Frieza in his fourth form, with the mechanical bits. Like, they're going out of their way to do this. Its gotta be intentional- Naruto's always had some DB DNA, and Boruto has embraces that he! Hell, the way Boruto kills Momoshiki is a literal Father-Son Rasengan.

I think it'd be easy to change them to make them less overt.

30. - Top - End - #60

Chpter 3 is out on th eVis website which is... Odd. It feels like it's a day or two early.

Spoiler
    Show
    Boruto's new technique takes in chakra from the planet and infuses it into the target where it will keep swirling and inflicting damage until they die using the principles of planetary rotation. It also seems to be throwing off Code's balance.

He claims that the death is slow, but he can rescind it.

Bort does not **** around.

The people who got eaten by the Claw Grimes are still alive inside those trees, and Boruto seems to have a contract with the Toads which is... Odd.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks