New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fall in the Mall 1987 - AFMBE IC

Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Eleanor hides a moment of surprise that other students actually remember she's on the Student Council, she's never been one of the popular ones, before nodding, "Yes, I helped decorate for the event." She smiles and gestures towards the Halloween decorations. Looking between Katy, Giselle, and Silus she claps her hands together lightly, "Alright, nobody's suggesting opening any of the outer doors. That's not particularly safe at the best of times. If you're insistent on checking the doors are locked safely we can do that, together, but this friend of yours is clearly also important so we can look for him along the way. Sound good?"
    Alright, fine, whatever! Let's do that. Giselle flashes an almost excessively pleasant smile at Eleanor. At least, this one is being reasonable about it. As for Katy…

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    You’re going looking for cigarettes now? Really?! If those rioters get in here they’ll eat us all!
    …Giselle casually wraps both arms around the panicky girl's neck. Already did's how I know he's in here. she informs Katy casually, before sliding closer to basically breathe into her ear an added little And he's a stowaway, oh, captain. Got in here somehow. Put two and two together?, only to then let go and finally pop that edible thing she got from Eleanor into her mouth as if she didn't reveal any horrible and unsettling truth to someone already scared. Shall we? she points a thumb in the bathrooms' general direction.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-11-20 at 11:36 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Right, I'm suggesting we find a ways to make sure the doors stay closed, not to open them and let the protesters in," Vincent said. He wasn't so sure that the were protesters anymore, but he lacked any other thing to call them." Checking the doors would take us across the mall, so it should be easy to look for your friend at the same time?" he suggested.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Getting that close to someone on the edge of panic and then shoving them off that edge when they were kinda-sorta armed was maybe not the best idea, as Giselle shortly found the Jolly Roger swinging at her face - not even a deliberate strike, just a natural result of Katy trying to break away in fright with the flagpole sandwiched between them.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Not trying to do damage.

Eeek, yes let’s go!
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

silus snorts at katys attempt to fend off giselle. she wouldnt stand a chance in a bar fight he thinks. its time to take control he thinks, and will casually steer the conversation to business. "alright, lets check the doors" he says coolly, staring down everybody with his hard grey eyes. "are there any objections?" you really get a feeling you dont want to argue with silus

intimidation roll to get people to fall in line

(1d10+8)[18]
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-12-09 at 04:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Josh looks around at the others in the group maybe they didn't get how dangerous Silus was but something told him to fall in line and not question the boy. As the group headed towards the bathrooms where Manny was last located. Right Silus. When we get to the bathrooms, you and I and anyone else who wants can take the elevator up to check the 2nd floor doors by Sears.

Rebecca shudders Count me out. I was just there and saw enough freaks already thank you very much. No desire to go back to that door again plus the Principal just said that door was locked.

Still might be good to check it. What do you think Silus? Josh asked deferring to the other boy who almost seemed giddy with the chaotic situation.

As the group arrives at the back bathrooms Manny is still seen leaning against the wall with his hands in his black leather jacket. Back so soon Giselle? then softer he added Finally decide to try something a little stronger than those smokes?

Manny still had two other boys hanging around who were jokingly shoving each other about and laughing.

Manny also added a bit louder and to the whole group. What do you make of all this? pointing in the direction of the food court and the huddled up scared kids. Is it bull^&*&? And all part of the night's activities or something to it all?

John office door closed as the Principal began her speech to the kids. Once inside he grabs his gym bag. He opens it and double checks that it still has his extra mag and holster, a change of exercise clothes. To this he adds the office's AM/FM radio and a security map of the mall. He moved his knife and sheath from his ankle to his forearm. Loaded up with the necessary stuff he exited his office locking the door behind him. It seemed during his load up the Principal had given a speech of some sort and there was a general buzz and kids milled around on the lower level by the food court. It seemed the youths were grouping up into larger groups of around five. Principal Klander turned around and noticed John emerging from his office. She motioned to him to meet over away from the view of those below.

Well I told the kids that there were protestors outside but that the police officer had the situation under control. I think the best thing we can do is to gather some information on what is happening out there and making sure the mall entrances are all secured. Did you get a radio or TV?

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    As the group arrives at the back bathrooms Manny is still seen leaning against the wall with his hands in his black leather jacket. Back so soon Giselle? then softer he added Finally decide to try something a little stronger than those smokes?
    Leave me be, Manny. Giselle makes a positively miserable face as she rushes closer, grabbing Manny by the jacket. Got no time for that.

Manny also added a bit louder and to the whole group. What do you make of all this? pointing in the direction of the food court and the huddled up scared kids. Is it bull^&*&? And all part of the night's activities or something to it all?
    Cause it's not that. Guess what hit the fan, Manny? **** did. she exhales loudly and altogether a tad too dramatically. Where did you get in, Manny? I need to know, now.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-11-30 at 01:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I agree," Vincent said when Rebecca refused to go to the second floor. "We should stick to to checking out the ground floor. That's where they'll be trying to get in." Of course, he'd likely have agreed to just about anything just to stay around where she was.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Katy just scooted closer to her friends, very much not wanting to wander off alone right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Cause it's not that. Guess what hit the fan, Manny? **** did. she exhales loudly and altogether a tad too dramatically. Where did you get in, Manny? I need to know, now.
    There are rioters outside and they’re trying to eat people!” Katy added by way of support, still clutching the Jolly Roger like her life depended on it.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Manny was about to say something about Magician not revealing their tricks when he heard what Katy said. Wait is she serious? There's people out there trying to eat other people? That's crazy. Doesn't make any sense. he then turned from Katy to Giselle and seeing the seriousness on her face. Okay jeez kid. Take it down a notch. I got in through the service door at Sears. I had a buddy copy a key for me. Ironically he used Sears own key making machine for the job. Why does it matter?

10. - Top - End - #130

Seeing how oddly effective Katy's interjection was, Giselle mostly forgoes admonishing her for it. For the record? I don't think anyone's trying to eat anyone. Sounds like creeps got grab-y with Betsy, though. And Klander is scared as ****. she subtly corrects the initial report, letting go of Manny to cross her arms. Anyhow… Did you, at least, bother to freakin' lock the door once in? Would rather not take any chances if **** went awry out there.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-12-01 at 08:57 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Manny stood there blinking at Gisselle trying to recall if he had actually bothered to lock the door again of if he just closed it assuming it locked behind him. Ummm not sure I just assumed that the door was the kind that locked behind me and didn't need me to turn a key. $%^#! You don't think they could come in through there do you?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

silus will smirk and nod. "lets check the second floor doors. keep your head on a swivel, and find something heavy to wield. if what katy says is true, forearmed is forewarned" he considers, and will suggest they take the stairs "if the power goes out, stairs arent affected" he shrugs. "i watch a lot of disaster movies"
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-12-03 at 03:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Eleanor just rolls her eyes as Silus bullies the other kids into doing what he wanted, which is what they were already doing but worse because it involved splitting up. With a sigh she resigns herself to her fate, after all Miss Clapton-Clyde had told her to watch him, but not actually given her any actual authority over him. As Josh and Silus start off towards the stairs she glances over at the others, "I should go keep an eye on him. At least try and stay in a big enough group and meet us upstairs when you're done looking for your friend." At that she follows Silus and Josh towards the stairs, muttering quietly to herself about the futility of this whole thing. "Stubborn, pig-headed, doesn't listen, going to get somebody hurt..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

silus will easily catch eleanor in his peripheral vision following them. typical klander, sending a civvie to watch me he thinks. it's too late to lose her, so let her follow us and i might get some extra intel

he'll head up to the second floor, and check the doors one by one, making sure all are locked.
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-12-04 at 06:40 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

Giselle simply stares at the big guy for a moment, her face going progressively pale and her arms dropping down; only to press the later tightly against her sides and clench her fists immediately thereafter. Damn it, Manny! Are you for real?! the good news that Creepy Creep and Busybody1 managed to peel off of their own accord and the bad news that they took poor Josh along for the ride mostly escapes her presently.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

1Also known as Silus and Eleanor for people who are not jerkishly mean teenagers.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

silus will keep eleanor in his peripheral vision as he checks the doors. he walks with no wasted energy and will finally trap eleanor at a blind corner "didnt they ever tell you not to follow people?" he hisses softly. "people get hurt when they follow those who dont want to be followed" he will sigh, and crack a rictus "why dont you tell me why your following me?"
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-12-04 at 06:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Eleanor, who hadn't been putting any real effort into being stealthy, gives Silus a nonplussed look, "I'm following you because we're supposed to stay in groups for safety, which we would be if we'd gone with the plan of doing this with everybody. As a member of the Student Council I'm supposed to make sure nobody goes around getting themselves or others hurt." The last with a pointed look between Silus and Josh, "Hence I'm following you."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

silus harrumphs "i can handle myself in a goddamn scrap, thank you very much!" he hisses. "you, on the other hand, dont look like you could hurt a daisy with those soft hands" he eyes her up, and will crack a fake smile "so why dont you go run off and play with the other civilians. soon enough, he'll separate the wheat from the chaff, and eleanor, I'd hate to see you end up somewhere before the reckoning hits"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Eleanor narrows her eyes and folds her arms, clearly unimpressed, "Okay tough guy, I tell you what, your choice. I can "run off" and go immediately to the Principal, and we'll see how you fare with Security actively mad at you, or we hurry up and do this ridiculous solo mission together, then join back up with the group when they get done looking for Giselle's friend." She makes eye contact with Josh over Silus' shoulder as if to say: "Really? You trust this guy?"

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

silus' shark eyes stare into eleanors. "fine, tag along, but dont come crying to me if you get hurt" he spins away and will keep checking doors. the fugging temerity he thinks to himself. but hey, if there are any rioters, disposal is simple. push her in and run his mouth quirks at the thought

when the apocalypse hits, everyone goes mad. nothing is sacred, and everything is fair game. there is nothing you are owed that cannot be carved out of dirt and gravel, and defended with blood and violence
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2024-01-05 at 02:48 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Giselle simply stares at the big guy for a moment, her face going progressively pale and her arms dropping down; only to press the later tightly against her sides and clench her fists immediately thereafter. Damn it, Manny! Are you for real?!
    Manny looks down at Giselle seeing that the girl wasn't just being her normal dramatic self that deep down she really was worried. $#%! Giselle as real as rioters eating the faces off people. I didn't check the door behind me. I mean shouldn't it be the kind that locks automatically? Do you think we need to go check it to be sure? What is going to please the princess here?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Katy was just watching the exchange go back and forth, though at the revelation that there might be rioters breaking in at this very moment she gulped and looked around.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d10+4)[14]

Includes Notice and Perception, add another +2 if Acute Hearing counts towards this.

…and I don’t actually expect to notice anything regardless of the result, I just don’t have much to add to the conversation presently.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143

Princess earns Manny a bad glare from Giselle, and for a moment it seems she'll just eat his face off herself, but in the end, she exhales slowly instead. Look, I'm not goona narc you out here, even though I ****ing should, and she looks around you're lucky enough that council chick that's stuck to us is apparently babysitting some creep elsewhere, so she won't either. Even though she also ****ing should. But the thing is, Manny, I don't know that it's a we problem. a delicate index finger meets Manny's chest. I think it's a you problem. See what I mean?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I love it when you think you can boss me around. Manny laughs looking down at Giselle's poking finger. He then looks over at Katy who is frantically looking around as if she expects danger to leap through any nearby door. The girl was obviously traumatized by something. Also if Giselle had a change of heart and decided to squeal he was looking at at least a B & E and possibly some drug dealing charges too depending on which of his companions got caught. Alright keep your mouth shut about and me and my boys will double check that door. Make sure that whatever is outside stays out there. Would that please her highness? Manny nods to his two companions and the three of them move away from the bathrooms sneaking down the hallway to a service door to Sears they left unlocked.

Rebecca watches the three of them leave before muttering Idiots. under her breath. Ok so where to now that we found your friend Giselle? Should we try to meet up with Eleanor, Josh, and that weirdo guy Silus? I think he is actually excited by all this. Like it's a game or horror movie or something. But Katy and I saw what those people were capable of doing and it's real life dangerous stuff. I don't think Officer Mendoza is ok. I think they are lying to us.

There was a moment of silence where the three girls just looked at each other not sure what to do next in the stressful situation. Over the murmurs of panicking groups of kids Katy caught the faintest bit of conversation drifting down from the floor above it was the mall cop John.
    Spoiler: Katy Only
    Show

Yes Principal Klander I've got them right here. I haven't tried getting any information from them yet but perhaps it best if you take them and try to do so. I think keeping everyone calm is important but I also think sharing news once we have confirmed news to share is important too. Ignorance is just as deadly as panic. Have you fully briefed the other police officer?
    Not yet. Principal Klander responded. Do you mind doing it? I don't know what to say.
    I'll handle it. Shame she was a credit to the force and had a great sense of humor too.

25. - Top - End - #145

Look, at least this is all handled! Giselle points a thumb towards the empty space behind her back, off towards where Manny's marauders went, an expression as smug as she can manage without really smiling on her face. Figuring out Officer Whatever's final fate's maybe not top priority right now. I'm more worried about poor Josh, frankly. she crosses her arms, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. Kinda fell like we should go rescue him, but he comes with… Baggage right now. You sure we can't just enjoy a little no-creep-time here? Eleanor being away's also kind of a blessing, now that she thinks of it. Maybe she could squeeze a quick smoke in? She could use a quick smoke.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

silus will pick his way around the 2nd floor northwest entrance, checking doors and scanning for any additional weapons. he hums lay me down in the cold cold ground as he checks handles "so little miss busybody, if klander told you to watch me she must be worried about something." he cracks a rictus grin "the only question is, whats she worried about? contrary to popular belief, adults dont always have everything under control. how do you feel about being klanders pawn in this game?"

he stops and looks back "thats all you are to her, a pawn and a way to keep the good little puppies in line. thankfully, her authority doesnt apply to the wolves, outcasts and loners. they learn to avoid her wrath, not that she can do much to me. shes got you pegged down like a goat, and thats just the way she likes it"
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2024-01-10 at 11:38 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Katy, distracted, tried to motion for quiet and strained to hear. “I think I can hear them talking – the principle and the other officer. At least, I think it’s him.” Katy hadn’t interacted with him much, and the circumstances had been stressful to say the least, but even so there were a finite number of adult men in the building right now. “It sounds like they’re upstairs. I think…it sounds like the other officer didn’t make it back.” Katy felt suddenly sad; it was one thing to know, on the surface level, that the people in uniforms were there to protect you, it was another to know the lady who had done so was…not coming back.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Eleanor just rolls her eyes at Silus, "Can't imagine what she'd be worried about." She tries to make eye contact with Josh to see if at least one of these people she's stuck with is sane. She picks her way along after the boys, close enough to keep an eye on them but not getting particularly close to Silus. Not especially eager to be serial killed today. I just wanted to sit somewhere quiet and read, maybe catch a tame horror movie or two, instead I have to babysit this monologuing psychopath.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

silus smirks "she doth worry too much" he says. besides, if SHTF, shes likely to kick it first he thinks to himself. she may be a teacher's pet, but in the apocalypse ill call her zombie food

30. - Top - End - #150

Geez, that's… Heavy. Giselle lowers her own voice with a grimace, looking up. Hopefully those upstairs haven't overheard their little Manny-conversation. That could get awkward. You hear anything more, um, immediately useful, though? she goes on. Spare me if it's **** I don't want to hear.