New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deadpool & Wolverine - Teaser Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post
    Like I said, MCU could be fixed inside 20 minutes. With jokes.

- M
    this is how we get X-Men 97, Deadpool loves Wolverine so much we get the animated MCU which is allowed to have jokes and be 20 minutes.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    , Multiverse of Madness didn't suffer from being linked to What If and WandaVision.
    Err, yes it did? That was one of the main complaints about how MoM followed on from WandaVision. Certainly not the only complaint, but definitely one of them.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_One View Post
    Err, yes it did? That was one of the main complaints about how MoM followed on from WandaVision. Certainly not the only complaint, but definitely one of them.
    A complaint as silly as those complaining that you needed to see multiple Disney+ shows for The Marvels, speaking as someone who saw and enjoyed both movies without ever having watched a single Disney+ Marvel show. So far at least, the films have not at all been made more difficult to follow and understand if you don't watch the shows. (Caveat: I did not see Quantumania, so that could be an exception and I wouldn't know.)

Anyway, looking forward to this, it looks fun, as Deadpool movies do. Definitely dispelled any fears that they wouldn't be allowed to be R rated, that's for sure. Though I must admit I have no idea what people are talking about regarding the villains in this thread, I feel like I got no information about them out of the trailer, just saw a bunch of generic goons.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #34
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_One View Post
    "Some people complained" != "it suffered." Despite whatever complaints you remember, it was one of the most successful movies of that year, especially given the post-pandemic landscape. So no, it didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    A complaint as silly as those complaining that you needed to see multiple Disney+ shows for The Marvels, speaking as someone who saw and enjoyed both movies without ever having watched a single Disney+ Marvel show. So far at least, the films have not at all been made more difficult to follow and understand if you don't watch the shows. (Caveat: I did not see Quantumania, so that could be an exception and I wouldn't know.)
    Quantumania also didn't require any show watching to understand. If anything I was expecting it to build on other stuff from Loki, for example, and it really didn't. The Kang encountered there is not the same Kang as in Loki (at least I don't think so, but it really doesn't matter anyway).

If anything, it kinda tied back to Avengers Engame, in that this Kang is "hiding out" (andt rapped) in the Quantum zone, where presumably he wasn't affected at all by the previous actions of the other Kang who built the TVA. I guess...? There really wasn't much more to it than "this guy is really powerful/dangerous and is trying to get out". The rest of the film was "trippy stuff in the Quantum zone".

It did a decent enough job of introducing Kang in a feature film IMO.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post

Spoiler: Isn't that really...
    Show
    Professor Xavier? Looks like a cape, I grant, but I think it is something with a popped collar and blending into the cushioned back of a (wheel)chair.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right. The popped collar and bald head are hallmarks of Professor Xavier… ‘s evil twin sister. My money is on her as the bad guy (probably as a variant), not the TVA or an agent, especially when we’re shown so much about them already.
    Last edited by Clertar; 2024-02-17 at 06:33 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Villains

Spoiler: Villains
    Show

we already know a specific actor has been hired to be in this movie, and we have rumors on what part they will play (I am purposefully being cryptic even though this is spoilers)

so if the actor does play that part, it is likely a big villain. Or it can be a bit like SNL, or Austin Powers, after all they hurt my beloved X-Force with those helicopter blades.

I am saying it can be either, for Deadpool as a franchise likes playing with both directions. *shrug*

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Villains

Spoiler: Villains
    Show

we already know a specific actor has been hired to be in this movie, and we have rumors on what part they will play (I am purposefully being cryptic even though this is spoilers)

so if the actor does play that part, it is likely a big villain. Or it can be a bit like SNL, or Austin Powers, after all they hurt my beloved X-Force with those helicopter blades.

I am saying it can be either, for Deadpool as a franchise likes playing with both directions. *shrug*
    I don't actually know who the villain is but I did hear rumours that it could be...

Spoiler
    Show
    Maestro, the evil version of Hulk.

Is that who you're talking about or is it someone else?
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    I don't actually know who the villain is but I did hear rumours that it could be...

Spoiler
    Show
    Maestro, the evil version of Hulk.

Is that who you're talking about or is it someone else?
    The fictional character I am thinking of has already been mentioned in this thread

the actor who would play such a character has already been rumored to be cast and they are on the iMDB page for acting in this movie

I am being cryptic for I do not think we can solve a movie before hand like a mystery box. No the dead•pool, is a gift 🎁 you see (Lord of the Ring Sean Penn gif goes here)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

This was the one movie whose production was greenlit and started during Chapek's short time as CEO of Disney...

I'm curious to see how it compares to the stuff made under Iger (a lot of which was released, but not produced, in the Chapek era)...

But at the same time, I don't have any enthusiasm for anything Marvel these days... So I'll probably skip it unless audience reviews are stellar.
    Homebrew Stuff: