Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Doom of Daggerdale (3.5)

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Adamantine: 60gp
    Silver Arrow: 20gp
    Cold Iron: 1sp, +40gp if enchanted
    I don't require tracking ordinary ammunition.
    Thank you for the quick reply. And good to know that if selected my craft arrow making will come in handy for that seemingly endless supply of arrows lol.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Okay I'm mixing things up a little because dangit why not you only live once.

There's a feat called Precocious Apprentice in Complete Arcane that grants you a single second level spell slot but only if you pick it at first level as an arcane caster (and there are some limitations included in the feat too). Then four levels of Favoured Soul gets you second level divine spell slots, meaning you qualify for Mystic Theurge at sixth level.

So my character will have the spellcasting of a fifth level Divine Soul and a second level Sorcerer and every time they level up they'll increase both. This is all purely mechanical, though. She's still going to be that heretical figure others believe stole powers from the gods, when she herself says she doesn't really know where this power came from.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Samuel Arvandor, Human Warlock 6. Crunch is done, still working on fluff.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=358576

This is a face & (kind of?) utility character (bluff 18, diplomacy 22, intimidate 17).
    DR5 / cold iron gives him some durability, while Fell Flight plus wand of invisibility and summon swarm (invocation) should mean unlimited harrying of enemies.
    Originally had an artificer's monocle, but dropped that in favor of wands of identify and lesser restoration (paladin). Also threw in a wand of lesser vigor to take the healing load off of whatever priestly character is in the party.

Had to drop any invocations that actually inflict a negative status so that he could see invisible and in the dark, but those are the tradeoffs of warlock. :(

Let me know if I've messed something up crunch wise.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-03-09 at 10:27 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Samuel Arvandor, Human Warlock 6. Crunch is done, still working on fluff.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=358576

This is a face & (kind of?) utility character (bluff 18, diplomacy 22, intimidate 17).
    DR5 / cold iron gives him some durability, while Fell Flight plus wand of invisibility and summon swarm (invocation) should mean unlimited harrying of enemies.
    Originally had an artificer's monocle, but dropped that in favor of wands of identify and lesser restoration (paladin). Also threw in a wand of lesser vigor to take the healing load off of whatever priestly character is in the party.

Had to drop any invocations that actually inflict a negative status so that he could see invisible and in the dark, but those are the tradeoffs of warlock. :(

Let me know if I've messed something up crunch wise.
    The only issue I see is that the level at the top of the sheet is 4, though everything else appears to be correct for 6th level.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

@spectralphoenix

Bumping my earlier post in case you missed my questions there.

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Thanks, I'll give it some thought, though I might also go for something like Close-Quarters Fighting (simple and useful) or Obtain Familiar (also useful and can help with scouting).
    These are fine.
    Planning for a possible future of the game, there's a feat and a PrC that I'm interested in picking up for this character concept, but neither is in the presently approved sources. The feat is Netherese Battle Curse from Lost Empires of Faerun - since piling on the debuffs is the focus of this character, this feat fits well and will affect enemies who are otherwise immune to mind-affecting effects or conditions like sickened. The PrC is Dragon Devotee from Races of the Dragon, which is a nice 5-level class with a quick return on investment.
    I would prefer not to bring in any further sources.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Roger that. I may just stick with hexblade then (assuming my character gets picked and survives 😋 ).

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Jericho
    M NG Half-Orc, the Dalelands Barbarian 2/Druid 4, Level 6, Init 9, HP 51/51, Speed 40, 60 (in predator form)
    AC 15, Touch 13, Flat-footed 12, Fort 7, Ref 5, Will 6, Base Attack Bonus 5
    Predator form only Bite Attack +12 (1d6+10, x20)
    Wilding Clasp Bracers of Armor +2 (+2 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 6
    Condition

Spoiler: Pic
    Show

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show

Jericho, known among the Dalelands as the "Wolf of the Tesh," is a figure of both awe and mystery. Born under the shadowed canopies of the Daggerdale forests, he has always been more at home under the moonlit sky than beneath a thatched roof. From a young age, Jericho felt an inexplicable pull towards the wild, a call that resonated deep within his soul, leading him to the ancient druidic circles hidden among the hills.

Under the tutelage of a reclusive druid, Jericho learned to harness the primal energies of nature, to feel the heartbeat of the earth beneath his feet, and to listen to the whispers of the wind through the leaves. But it was his unique ability to shapeshift into a mountain wolf at will that set him apart, earning him his moniker and the wary respect of both friend and foe.

In the year 1367 DR, as Daggerdale reels under the oppressive grip of the Zhentarim and the land cries out for champions, Jericho finds himself torn between the solitary life he has always known and the unspoken duty to protect his homeland. The plight of the Dale's people, struggling to survive against the encroaching darkness, stirs something within him, a sense of responsibility he can no longer ignore.

Now, as the party journeys to Dagger Falls on a mission to find Ian Redwood, Jericho's paths converge with those of other brave souls. Though he is a man of few words, his actions speak of a fierce loyalty and a deep-seated resolve to fight for the freedom of Daggerdale. In the wilds, he is unmatched; his instincts, honed by years of living among the beasts, make him an invaluable guide and a formidable ally.

But even as he steps forward to join this new pack, Jericho carries with him the solitude of the wilderness, the silent strength of the mountain wolf, and the unyielding spirit of the Dalelands. In the battles to come, he will need all the cunning and power at his disposal, for the fate of Daggerdale, and perhaps his own soul, hangs in the balance.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-03-12 at 02:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

d20 Re: Doom of Daggerdale (3.5)

Annnd old post edited with new character sheet!
    Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2024-03-12 at 06:48 PM.
    "I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Finally found the time to finish up my submission!

Faurgar, a Hexblade 5/Fighter 1, focused on debuffing enemies before beating them up with his flail.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Fluff finished.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Udro is basically ready. He is a Cali****te wizard who despises illusionists as parlor tricksters, enchanters as manipulative scum, and necromancers as despicable necromancers (duh!) and has come to the Dale not only to find Ian, but attracted by reports of a rebellion brewing.
    Adding a sortable table for other people to add themselves if they want to.

Realizes the DM already has one of those...

Player Character Class Race Background Complete?
    Auranghzeb Udro, Falmboyant Flame of the South Unseen Seer (Spellthief1/wizard4 entry) Human, Calimsham Adventurer and mercenary of fortune with a high concept of justice. Has been living in Cormyr for the past few years, aspired to be a War Wizard, but he doesn't have the martial discipline required. 90% Missinf some fluff and a detailed description of his spellbook

QUESTION I don't understand how People are calculating HP. I was doing Full at 1st + Average rounded up the rest of the way. + Con So I'd get 6+(3*4)+4+18=40 because average rounded up for 1d4 is 3 isn't it? But in that case other people's HP makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2024-03-21 at 01:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    QUESTION I don't understand how People are calculating HP. I was doing Full at 1st + Average rounded up the rest of the way. + Con So I'd get 6+(3*4)+4+18=40 because average rounded up for 1d4 is 3 isn't it? But in that case other people's HP makes no sense to me.
    This is correct, I think several people changed their characters without updating their hit point totals. These are the ones I think are off, please double check your numbers.

Darius/Gwen Razorleaf(35/45)
    Dantiesilva/Delmuth Quibella(10/45)
    SCARYWIZARD/Nanes Il(28/31)
    Infernally Clay/Hamza Dawnbright(45/41)

On a more general note, this is the last weekend for submissions. Please finish everything up and get in any last minute changes or entries. Entrance will be closed midnight CST on Monday night. I will then make my decisions, contact the people I'm asking to join the game, and hopefully get things started a few days later.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2024-03-21 at 08:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I won't say no to more hp!
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    SCARYWIZARD/Nanes Il(28/31)
    Hey-hey, cool! Thank you both for spotting that.
    It's funny -- I had 31 entered, but miscalculated and ended up with that 28. Thank you!
    "I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Updated hp, completely forgot to update hp after I finished the sheet. Thank you for pointing it out.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Updated my PC a little once i saw Completes were allowed, removed 1 level of barb and took 1 level of warshaper so I can have the option of an extra attack. And it fits just so well with the shapechanger druid.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I think I'm good with the fluff, ready to go.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Good luck everyone and may the odds be in your favor.

20. - Top - End - #80

Alright, closing things up. I will start going through character sheets and making my decisions tonight after work.

Thanks to everyone who entered - I can't choose everyone but I appreciate you all taking the time to create a character.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

i don't envy you, the quality of characters is high. I like thematic-limited recruitments, they bring the best out of people.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    i don't envy you, the quality of characters is high. I like thematic-limited recruitments, they bring the best out of people.
    I second this. I want to say the hardest part of DMing minus being the DM is picking the players.

23. - Top - End - #83

It is a challenge. I think I've just about made my decisions. Tomorrow I will announce the winners and set up the IC and OOC threads. Thanks again to everyone who applied.

24. - Top - End - #84

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I have decided on the following entrants:

Dantiesilva/Delmuth Quibella
    Cygnia/Ganzaya
    Auranghzeb/Udro
    BelGareth/Jericho
    SCARYWIZARD/Nanes-Il
    rax/Faurgar

Thank you to everyone who participated, if I didn't choose you this time I hope we get a chance to play together someday.

IC Thread
    OOC Thread

25. - Top - End - #85

Cool beans!