New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
    Default Seething Eyebane and Beholders

If you connect with this spell on a beholder, and it fails the save, is the beholder essentially screwed? It says in the spell that it makes the target's eyes explode, so I think it'd get all of them. I mean, as an evil cleric, you could just cast this spell, and force the beholder to keep the antimagic eye on you to not have its eyes detonate, but since it's eye is on you, you can bash it to death. And if it takes the antimagic eye off of you, bam!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Seething Eyebane and Beholders

Quote Originally Posted by F.L. View Post
    If you connect with this spell on a beholder, and it fails the save, is the beholder essentially screwed? It says in the spell that it makes the target's eyes explode, so I think it'd get all of them. I mean, as an evil cleric, you could just cast this spell, and force the beholder to keep the antimagic eye on you to not have its eyes detonate, but since it's eye is on you, you can bash it to death. And if it takes the antimagic eye off of you, bam!
    There IS a save for that spell, remember...other then that ingenious idea.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

so you're turning beholders into moving punching bags?

when do we start?
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    You are my favorite kind of villain.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, as an evil cleric, you could just cast this spell, and force the beholder to keep the antimagic eye on you to not have its eyes detonate, but since it's eye is on you, you can bash it to death.
    Or it can keep its antimagic eye on you, fly up out of melee reach, and throw things at you via Telekinesis and charm anyone else with ranged weapons who's around. Note that a cleric in an antimagic field isn't all that great as a ranged combatant.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics