New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default [Pathfinder 2e] Abomination Vaults.

I'm running a group through abomination vaults and one player had to drop for IRL reasons, so need one more.

Party consists of a Heal Font Cleric of Pharasma, Ranged Weapon Implement Thaumaturge and Thief Rogue.

The surface has been explored and the party is just starting to enter the first underground level. They've seen gauntlight activate once, turning the contents of the town graveyard undead and teleporting in a monster.

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?Pathfinder 2e

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Abomination Vaults, a 2e AP in Golarion

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? Just need 1.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? Here on forums, though we've also got a Discord for OOC

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? 2st level

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Standard, that is a singly 1st level item of your choice and 20gp to spend.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? Ideally something melee.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? Any common or uncommon ancestries, no rare.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Standard, gradual ability boosts in play so remember you get one at level 2.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? Don't be evil, but it probably won't matter much.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Free Archetype so go ahead

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? Players roll their own rolls, other than Secret Checks, I roll NPCs

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.:Free Archetype, Gradual Ability Boosts, and Ancestry Paragon

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? Pick one of the AP backgrounds though you can change which ability scores are boosted if you want.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? This AP is mostly dungeon diving combat.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?Anything Paizo is fine, you can pick original or remastered versions of classes and spells.

OOC thread

IC Thread
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2024-04-05 at 04:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: [Pathfinder 2e] Abomination Vaults rerecruiting.

I値l go ahead and build a character for this. I知 a 2e newbie so I値l probably go with something simple like a fighter so I can take a big object and use it to make big numbers.

*edit*

Tavian Namar - Level 2 Human Champion / Cleric of Iomedae

Character is still very much WiP, but let me know if there is anything obviously out of place.
    Last edited by Gyrfalcon; 2024-03-27 at 04:37 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

NecromancerGirl

Also interested, also a newbie. I do have a 1st-level Gnoll Barbarian I made for another campaign whose DM vanished before even selecting players... shouldn't be hard to move her up to 2nd level, though I never did make a backstory for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll try working on something new here.

Edit: Of current moment I'm thinking of a few things

Goloma Fighter | Ranger
    Catfolk Monk | ??
    Gnoll Luchador Barbarian | Wrestler
    Shoony Swashbuckler | ???
    ??? ??? | Sterling Dynamo
    Last edited by Triskavanski; 2024-03-28 at 09:05 AM.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Been looking to try PF2e so I値l toss in, will take a look at what kinds of things I can do with melee tonight, but probably 50% odds I go for Champion.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2024-03-28 at 03:16 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #6

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrfalcon View Post
    I値l go ahead and build a character for this. I知 a 2e newbie so I値l probably go with something simple like a fighter so I can take a big object and use it to make big numbers.

*edit*

Tavian Namar - Level 2 Human Champion / Cleric of Iomedae

Character is still very much WiP, but let me know if there is anything obviously out of place.
    Remember that with Gradual Ability Boosts you get one of your boosts at level 2, otherwise seems fine for a WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    I'll try working on something new here.

Edit: Of current moment I'm thinking of a few things

Goloma Fighter | Ranger
    Catfolk Monk | ??
    Gnoll Luchador Barbarian | Wrestler
    Shoony Swashbuckler | ???
    ??? ??? | Sterling Dynamo
    Please stick to common or uncommon ancestries, both because it's very odd for something like a Shoony to be in this small town, and because rare ones don't really have enough ancestry feats for Ancestry Paragon. (They barely have enough for a normal game IMO, sadly Paizo seem to just forget most of them after the book that introduces them)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Wound up actually jumping for Swashbuckler after looking more at the classes! Laila Hakobyan should be ready to go, barring some sort of flub on my end.

Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Remember that with Gradual Ability Boosts you get one of your boosts at level 2, otherwise seems fine for a WIP

Please stick to common or uncommon ancestries, both because it's very odd for something like a Shoony to be in this small town, and because rare ones don't really have enough ancestry feats for Ancestry Paragon. (They barely have enough for a normal game IMO, sadly Paizo seem to just forget most of them after the book that introduces them)
    Its the standard of Paizo. Make things, abandon immediately.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Folks still working on things for this?

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I'm currently building a Kobold Barbarian. I have him mostly finished, but I wanted to know if it'd be ok if I playtested one of the homebrews I've made. It's in it's 4th iteration and is pretty balanced from the playtesting I've done so far. Here's the link to it. It's pretty much a Barbarian that fills in the Champion role of protecting the party by punishing enemies for ignoring them.

Guardian Instinct: https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/lxwtOkZKLh8-

As soon as I know your thoughts on it, I'll complete the build and get him posted!

Edit: Here's the current build for the character. The instinct is left blank currently, waiting to see what you decide for the above instinct: https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=714343
    Last edited by Nuptup; 2024-04-03 at 05:35 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

RedWizardGuy

Lets see.
    Tavian Namer (Gyrfalcon) still seems pretty unfinished.
    Layla Hakobyan (Esprit15) doesn't have the Free archetype and should really get some armour (leather has a +4 dex cap)

And I'd rather not use that homebrew, both look a little strong to me, Inspire Courage is already amazing when it costs an action every turn, let alone for free with a better damage bonus.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

And I'd rather not use that homebrew, both look a little strong to me, Inspire Courage is already amazing when it costs an action every turn, let alone for free with a better damage bonus.
    I don't mind not going the Skald, but I'd still like to play the Guardian if you'd allow it. Mainly it's just a barbarian with a champion reaction instead of a rage power. If that's not ok, I will likely change the character to be either a full champion or full fighter to fill the same kind of "defender" role, but I'd certainly prefer to stick with the barbarian defender.

Other than that, I do also have this archetype that I've been meaning to playtest more, which could just be applied to the champion/fighter alternate idea I have if this is more to your tastes? (https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/zqVR2-d3qf0d) It would likely lead me to playing a "Face" who is a frontline character with ties to the Fey Wild.

Edit: Actually, if you're not ok with the Guardian, I think I might just go with a monk build. Just figured I'd through that out there as well.
    Last edited by Nuptup; 2024-04-03 at 06:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

RedWizardGuy

I'd rather you just go monk then.

As for the other archetype, fey aren't really tied into this (there were a few mitflits earlier, but they're just there as 2e's answer to the classic goblins or kobolds and also very dead). There's not nothing you can talk to in the dungeon, but this is definitely mostly a combat adventure, so not ideal for a face.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I'll toss together a character and get him sent. I think I'm going to go with a kobold necromancer that rides around on a skeletal mount (large dog) and they're a melee build of some sort! It'll be made and posted soon!

I can't think of a way to make the monk work the way I want, so I'm going to do the clutsy necromancer kobold who doesn't realize what he's doing is "evil" and is just trying to be a quirky lil dude.

15. - Top - End - #15

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nuptup View Post
    I'll toss together a character and get him sent. I think I'm going to go with a kobold necromancer that rides around on a skeletal mount (large dog) and they're a melee build of some sort! It'll be made and posted soon!

I can't think of a way to make the monk work the way I want, so I'm going to do the clutsy necromancer kobold who doesn't realize what he's doing is "evil" and is just trying to be a quirky lil dude.
    One of the existing players is a cleric of Pharasma.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

That shouldn't be much of a problem. Pharasma's anathemais the creation of undead by her followers. While the cleric might not be super happy about the undead, they also wouldn't be on an automatic kill-on-sight order from Pharasma either. Especially when the undead serves a purpose that falls in-line with her wishes, which I assume it would since Pharasma likely wants the Vaults purged?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Lets see.
    Tavian Namer (Gyrfalcon) still seems pretty unfinished.
    Layla Hakobyan (Esprit15) doesn't have the Free archetype and should really get some armour (leather has a +4 dex cap)

Sounds good, corrected on both counts.

Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I'd like to present Vex Zeego, the Kobold Rogue who dabbles in Magic and Necromancy. He's accompanied by Mr. Bones, a Kobold Skeleton Servant who wears Leather Armor and some cool clothes (Light Barding) to make him less likely to get confused with bad undead. He's a cool guy, and Vex does his best to keep them both out of trouble as he hangs out around Otari.

Build-wise, everything is rules-legal according to Pathbuilder up through level 4. I spent my starting gold on a Shortsword, some Leather Armor, an Adventurer's Pack, and the rest on "Light Barding" for Mr. Bones, which is just some Leather Armor and cool cloths that costs 10x as much as normal. But, at least it covers Mr. Bones up a bit so people don't stare as much!

Hopefully they meets your expectations! I'm excited to see how they play out together in the campaign and with the other players!

I chose Ruin Delver as the background because the link to the others was being weird and I couldn't see them. I MIGHT change it to some other Abomination Vaults specific one, but so far, that's what I have. I plan to go with adopted ancestry at level 3, to kind of reflect why Vex Zeego, a kobold, is a part of Otari, and I was thinking making him be one of Wrin's friends and she talked people into letting him hang out. Maybe I'll swap his background to be something that relates more with the Cosmic Caravan.

Also, some information about me as a player, I pretty much always check the forums Monday-Friday between 3-11 p.m. CST and can make several posts each day during that window. Outside of that window and on weekends, I am a bit less active on the forums, but I have forum notifications set to my phone, so whenever something is posted I can reply quickly assuming I'm awake. I'll do my best not to slow things down, and I'd be glad to help out with anything you might need me to do!
    Last edited by Nuptup; 2024-04-03 at 09:46 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

RedWizardGuy

I'm choosing tomorrow, probably about 24 hours from this post.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground

Feel free to choose without me. I知 going to be busy all weekend at a festival, and I知 nowhere near done. :)

21. - Top - End - #21

RedWizardGuy

I have chosen Laila played by Esprit15

IC
    OOC