New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Doom of Daggerdale 3.5 (IC)

"I would hasten to add that we are here on behalf of Master Redwood's sister Brie in Cormyr," Faurgar adds. "She hasn't heard from your boss for more than two months and is understandably concerned. She has asked us check up on him and to assist him if he's in some sort of trouble, which seems to the case," he says with a sympathetic smile.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ganzaya nodded his thanks to Jericho for skillfully handling that wand.

"Perhaps bad food or drink?" Ganzaya offered. "Have any healers or priests in town made any comments on the nature of this fever? Ooh, or were they affected too?!"

He resisted the urge to suggest tickling the poor afflicted man as a way to wake him up. This was a serious mission!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ah! the dreaded fever has struck him. Do you know more about it, it seems to be a plague. We would very much like to help!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Jerciho follows the group to the Brewery, which with it's rich smells and odors, he enjoys far more than the dirty town they entered.

After listening to the dour Tress he frowns, Ians sister would not be happy to hear her brother has fallen to the sickness.

He nods at the others suggesting we help, it was the only course of action to assist Ian upstairs.

"Agreed, it's the only way to help Mast Redwood." he turns to Tress "Tress, do you recall the first time you heard of the sleeping sickness?"

Spoiler
    Show

Jericho
    M NG Half-Orc, the Dalelands Barbarian 1/Druid 4/Warhsaper 1
    Level 6, Init 9, HP 49/49, Speed 40, 60 (in predator form)
    AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16
    Fort 7, Ref 5, Will 6
    Stats Str 18, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 6
    Condition Immune to stunning & critical hits
    Abilities Animal Devotion [1/1], belt of healing [3/3], anklets of translocation [2/2]
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmm... he succumbed about six weeks ago. He was one of the first. Ian wasn't the sort to get into fights or strangeness - he just woke up one morning with a fever, lingered for a few days, then fell to sleep and hasn't woken up. A local healer has been making the rounds and tending to the victims, but she's not a real cleric. Clerics of Lathander have been in short supply since their temple burned down a few years back. I suppose the Zhentarim have clerics, but if they know anything, they aren't telling.

I've heard some say it's a curse - that dark dwarves roam the knight and steal people's souls. There was a clan of dwarves in the Dale a hundred years ago, and one of the old lords drove them out.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

d20 Re: Doom of Daggerdale 3.5 (IC)

Nanes-Il remained quiet during much of the interactions with Lord Morn, but volunteered space in her bags once it came to looting...

Nanes-Il accompanies those heading to Redwood's residence. "Hrast..." She murmurs, as she hears of what has befallen Ian. She nods in agreement as Ganzaya speaks, and then Urdo. "While I am no healer, I can at least investigate Master Redwood with what magics I possess, if you are alright with that, Miss Tress." Then, she pauses. "And... say... do you know where these dwarves were driven to from here?"
    "I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Hmm... he succumbed about six weeks ago. He was one of the first. Ian wasn't the sort to get into fights or strangeness - he just woke up one morning with a fever, lingered for a few days, then fell to sleep and hasn't woken up. A local healer has been making the rounds and tending to the victims, but she's not a real cleric. Clerics of Lathander have been in short supply since their temple burned down a few years back. I suppose the Zhentarim have clerics, but if they know anything, they aren't telling.

I've heard some say it's a curse - that dark dwarves roam the knight and steal people's souls. There was a clan of dwarves in the Dale a hundred years ago, and one of the old lords drove them out.
    Delmuth listens to what the young woman has to say about Ian and mentally begins removing possible reasons for the man to have been targeted. The fact their was no local cleric didn't exactly help either. As much as he didn't like the idea he thought that perhaps he should at least suggest speaking with a representatives of the Zhentarim to see what their clerics had learned as well as let them know that they were chasing down leads to stop this curse if all things seemed like the Zhentarim were not behind it.

"Dark dwarves, that is not something I would think of when I think curses, but not impossible either. Tell me is there anyone in town, or near town that is still awake who knows the history of the Dale back to this time? It may be useful to know this form of knowledge as it may help us solve this mystery." Delmuth explains to the Ms. Tress.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"In dark times people are wont to seek a clear culprit for their ills. This rumour of dark dwarves sounds much like that, but in my land we are well acquainted with the power of spirits, both good and evil, so I agree we should at least look into it," Faurgar says to Delmuth.

"Those who speak of these dark dwarves. Are there any who've actually seen them?" he asks Tress.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tress seems a bit uncertain at this.

...I couldn't name anyone who's actually seen them. Only rumors and friends of friends. The dwarves used to live in a place called Eagle's Eyrie, not too far from here. I suppose you could investigate there if you wanted to find out more.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Jericho was getting annoyed, yes, Tress was being barraged with questions, which would put anyone on the back foot, but it was like squeezing acid from an earth elemental, too damn hard for what it's worth. But finally, after some coaxing she managed to give them some actionable intel. Perhaps she was this way due to the local 'law enforcement', he frowned thinking about that, this would go towards clearing those bastards from this place, and maybe the good citizens would be more amenable.

Maybes and wants are like wishes and wind, can't hold either and neither does any good.

he grunts "Well then, seems like we have a location. We thank you Tress, hopefully we can get this whole thing sorted out. Which way is it?" he nods to her with a smile and then moves outside, not wanting to be inside any longer.

Spoiler
    Show

Jericho
    Fort 7, Ref 5, Will 6
    Abilities Animal Devotion [1/1], belt of healing [3/3], anklets of translocation [2/2]
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    "Well then, seems like we have a location. We thank you Tress, hopefully we can get this whole thing sorted out. Which way is it?" he nods to her with a smile and then moves outside, not wanting to be inside any longer.
    Delmuth was well aware that the woman wouldn't have answers to all their questions but the few she had were not even facts. Bowing his head in thanks he follows Jericho out the door.

As the group gathers outside he says to them in a more hushed tone, "Before we leave town I believe it may help us to speak with this constable, even if he is a zhentrim, it would benefit them as well for this curse to end if it effecting their own. Getting whatever information we can from him, perhaps what their clerics have learned may give us a more direct path then the wild goose chase we have at the moment." the elf says, not liking the option however seeing it as the most viable for them to succeed.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I don't disagree with your idea, Delmuth, but we must be careful, if que act too curious, we may draw attention on ourselves, and by now, news about the missing patrol may already reached town.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Jericho pauses and listens to the discussion, he shrugs "Maybe we talk to him, and if they cause trouble, they chase us out of town in direction we need to go?"

Spoiler
    Show

Jericho
    Fort 7, Ref 5, Will 6
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"We are strangers sent to check in on a relative and asking the local law about the affliction we were told said individual has and offering aid in curing this aliment if we are able. It's the truth and gives us a reason to be running around a lot where we are less likely to be looked at oddly for all our comings and goings. If we didn't speak to him I feel we would be under more suspicion as it would look like we had more to hide then we do." Delmuth says not remarking on the patrol as who knew who was listening to their conversation. Add in as even Jericho put it, what was the worst they could do, chase them out of town? The group already planned on leaving to look for what was causing this sickness so they would lose nothing from being chased out of town in all honesty. "If we want we can let someone more eloquent speak to the constable for our group, I would not be opposed to this.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground

d20 Re: Doom of Daggerdale 3.5 (IC)

Nanes-Il speaks up. "While elocution isn't my strong suit... I do wield powers of persuasion, but those carry their own risks. Especially when being used against..." She winces. "Zhentish packleaders."
    Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; Today at 06:39 AM. Reason: suggestion is later
    "I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni