New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Default duskblade Spells

I'm looking for some really good spells to add to the duskblade Spell list. I've already got Wraithstrike, but I'm looking for some other good ones. Please list the book the spell is found in to if you can. Thank in advance.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: duskblade Spells

If you're trying to power up the class, they could use some higher level touch spells and some more buffs (Enlarge and Haste would both be handy). An ability to convert Rays to touch spells might work as a capstone.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

This thread has some extra spells from outside core (mostly in the SP) that would work on a Dusk Blade spell list.

4. - Top - End - #4

I've seen it mentioned a couple times, that Cloud of Knives would be a good spell for a Duskblade, and I really can't figure out the why? Sure, in all twenty rounds added up together(if you never miss) it would do an average of 150 dmg, but fights don't usually last that long, and the spell's duration is too short for it to be used as a pre-cast spell. It also makes sense, that one would use it to save on spell slots, but it's not like the Duskblade has a lack of those ither.. And finally, even though they're not subject to spell resistance or saving throws, the knives are subject to damage reduction, which if 10 and above, would practically negate the whole spell effect. So, why is this spell that good?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by weenie View Post
    I've seen it mentioned a couple times, that Cloud of Knives would be a good spell for a Duskblade, and I really can't figure out the why? Sure, in all twenty rounds added up together(if you never miss) it would do an average of 150 dmg, but fights don't usually last that long, and the spell's duration is too short for it to be used as a pre-cast spell. It also makes sense, that one would use it to save on spell slots, but it's not like the Duskblade has a lack of those ither.. And finally, even though they're not subject to spell resistance or saving throws, the knives are subject to damage reduction, which if 10 and above, would practically negate the whole spell effect. So, why is this spell that good?
    Smiting Spell metamagic + cloud of knives = long-range touch attack on-hit spells.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Combining Metamagic: Explosive Spell + Cloud of Knives would seem to have some merit, too. *Digs out CArc to see if that's a possible combination.*

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Fax_Celestis View Post
    Smiting Spell metamagic + cloud of knives = long-range touch attack on-hit spells.
    Well, I have to admit that gives you some versability, but at the cost of 1 feat, 1 spell known and the higher level slot you'd use up to pull this off.. Is it really worth it? I mean, you have dimension hop & dimension door as a Duskblade, so a melee isn't really all that risky..

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Emphasis mine:

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuel View Post
    I'm looking for some really good spells to add to the duskblade Spell list. I've already got Wraithstrike, but I'm looking for some other good ones.
    Might as well go the whole broken nine yards and get polymorph then.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by weenie View Post
    Well, I have to admit that gives you some versability, but at the cost of 1 feat, 1 spell known and the higher level slot you'd use up to pull this off.. Is it really worth it? I mean, you have dimension hop & dimension door as a Duskblade, so a melee isn't really all that risky..
    It's also a free attack every round. Get some method of sneak attack (one level of Spellthief, for instance, which can be even tastier with the Master Spellthief feat) and zing off (thieving) sneak attacks within 30' for free every round.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fax_Celestis View Post
    Cloud of Knives is only a touch attack in your Cloud-of-Knives-loving dreams.

11. - Top - End - #11

I think it was meant as long-range touch spells delivery. Hmmm, or was it? Well, it's not a touch attack, if that's what was meant.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reel On, Love View Post
    Cloud of Knives is only a touch attack in your Cloud-of-Knives-loving dreams.
    No, I meant that you could attach "touch attack" spells to a knife.