New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Strategic Battle Maps for PbP Games

Okay, so there is already a thread about this, but it's on the recruitment board, so I think it's easily overlooked. Asmodeus and others did a great job explaining how to make map images to upload and use for PbP games, and I invite them to repeat their tips on this thread.

Now, I want to talk about a PHP program I made to use as a strategic battle map. It can be found here. Feel free to play around with it and edit the map and coordinates, but DON'T mess around with any files in the parent directory, as they are in use for a game in progress.

Things to do:
    • Create editor for "hp.txt"
    • Allow additions to the list of PCs and monsters
    • Make "dnd.php" read from a list of available characters
    • Get more images for the map editor

I'm looking for someone that knows about MySQL databases so that people can log in and edit maps for their own campaigns. Also, if anyone wants to host the program, that would be good, since I don't know how many people would want to use the program. I don't want to run out of bandwidth for my own campaign, of course!

Feel free to make any comments or suggestions.
    Last edited by Tortoise262; 2007-12-22 at 12:38 AM.
    For a sleek and simple battle grid for PbP, check out EZ PbP! You can edit the terrain, and have your players update their own coordinates on the map! PM me with comments or questions!

Shyguy taken from Yoshi's Island. Sword and shield from LttP. Both are ©Nintendo

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: Strategic Battle Maps for PbP Games

There was a thread here too. But thats ok, I'll take a look at your stuff too.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Strategic Battle Maps for PbP Games

For right now, I'll just give the link to the previous thread, for anyone interested. The Moderators haven't seen fit to move it yet, and reproducing it here might violate some of the forums rules against cross posting, so I'll leave it where it is.

You can find a link to it in my signature. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-22 at 01:02 AM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps