New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Planetouched as a template

Basically what the title says. Would it work to have asimars and tieflings work as +1 LA templates instead of races? That way you could have an asimar elf without making it a half elf/half celestial.
    Last edited by TheElfLord; 2007-12-26 at 04:51 PM.
    The Historian: This DM has the history of his world written out millenniums back. It is intricate, complex, and most importantly, incredibly long. Moreover, everything your characters are doing is based on the previous history. It also tends to lead to loudmouth NPCS who will explain hundreds of years of history at a time while the players try to gouge their eardrums out with mechanical pencils.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Plantouched as a template

I'm not sure; which particular plan are you being touched by?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Planetouched as a template

hopefully a brilliant one
    The Historian: This DM has the history of his world written out millenniums back. It is intricate, complex, and most importantly, incredibly long. Moreover, everything your characters are doing is based on the previous history. It also tends to lead to loudmouth NPCS who will explain hundreds of years of history at a time while the players try to gouge their eardrums out with mechanical pencils.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Plan-E-touched as a template

I don't see why you couldn't just use the celestial or fiendish Templates.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Plantouched as a template

Show us on the doll where the plane touched you...

Seriously, though, using the rules in the DMG2 (a ****ty book by most standards, but it gives you a good idea of how to homebrew things and keep them in balance) and the traits of the aasimar and tieflings, you should be able to make a proper template that works for you.
    Last edited by icthius; 2007-12-26 at 04:52 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sure, it is not a new idea. I read about it first on these boards more than a year ago and now we do it in the games of my RL group.

All the planetouched traits added to a race as a +1 LA template. It also is a more 'logical' approach imo, so you can have Tiefling Dwarves and whatnot.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-12-26 at 05:24 PM.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Amiria, Countess of Mispelling View Post
    All the planetouched traits added to a race as a +1 LA template. It also is a more 'logical' approach imo, so you can have Tiefling Dwarves and whatnot.
    Tiefling Dwarves?

Dear gods, I hope they didn't need that Charisma.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I like the idea, I posted on it a few months ago, well just over a year. I have been told that tieflings and aazimar are underpowered, this seems right, but throw some other abilities in and it makes sense that we could just add it with no modifications as a template.

It also makes sense that you could have a planetouched from a race other than human, which I guess was the assumption.

I wonder what are elemental planetouched called, we have tiefling, aazimar, chaond, zenythri, which are alignment based.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dull_Oddity View Post
    I like the idea, I posted on it a few months ago, well just over a year. I have been told that tieflings and aazimar are underpowered, this seems right, but throw some other abilities in and it makes sense that we could just add it with no modifications as a template.

It also makes sense that you could have a planetouched from a race other than human, which I guess was the assumption.

I wonder what are elemental planetouched called, we have tiefling, aazimar, chaond, zenythri, which are alignment based.
    Genasi. They showed up in the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, I think.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

I'm currently playing a Half Human Aasimar, Half Elf Bard in one game. I get all of the Half Elf stuff, and most of the Aasimar stuff, but without Daylight, only two resistances (cold and sonar if I remember correctly), and possibly one or two other things different. I still have a +1 LA (fun at level 1, esp when the rest of the party level up and I stay at level 1. It's been 2 sessions and no one has noticed yet....). I could give more details, but I don't have my character sheet here, am at home for xmas.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

I like this idea. It's logical and fun and makes sense. I will use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
    Just checking... you do realize that when someone puts a funny hat on, they don't instantly split into two separate people, right?