New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Default Opinions on a litter

Ok this is kind of an odd question but here it goes:
    how would you have a character carried around on a litter/sedan chair sort of thing, Im looking for RAW interpretations of how you would do it. Also how would you make it viable in a combat situation of you could?
    I ask solely because I have a recently crippled caster whom I would very much like to have carried around by mind addled slaves

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Opinions on a litter

Wouldn't a Heal spell (or possibly another healing spell) cure the spellcaster of being crippled? I suppose banning him from taking Reflex saves or moving when the litter gets put down would work if you didn't want to cure the problem. Also, if 1 of the servants gets disabled in some way, it could stop the others from moving the litter depending on its weight.
    Last edited by Tempest Fennac; 2008-01-17 at 08:46 AM.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Treat the litter as a mount.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    Wouldn't a Heal spell (or possibly another healing spell) cure the spellcaster of being crippled? I suppose banning him from taking Reflex saves or moving when the litter gets put down would work if you didn't want to cure the problem. Also, if 1 of the servants gets disabled in some way, it could stop the others from moving the litter depending on its weight.
    That's a little harsh, as even SLEEPING people get reflex saves (with a -5 dex penalty).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

That is a good point (dmittedly, sleeping people would actually be capable of moving rather then being stuck in 1 place perminantly like the character in question would be).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

yeah, but even if they couldnt walk, someone could hurl themselves out of a litter with their arms, or roll out of the way

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

I hadn't actually considered that. Do you think imposing a -7 penalty to Reflex saves while using a rule where a successful save will result in th character falling off the litter would work?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Count your weight, plus the weight of the litter/sedan chair (about 50-100lbs depending on construction) as weight carried for the slaves. This should modify their saves somewhat IIRC.

You'll probably be moving 20'/rnd with the standard 2-4 carriers. Why not just put wheels on the thing and go rickshaw instead. Rickshaws rock!