New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Request a Homebrew

R 336

I'm looking for new Tiny animals for a upcoming campaign. The animals i'm looking for are: Rabbit, Squirrel, Tiny Badger, Dog Puppy, and any other tiny animals you can think of, really, flyers included. These are just the ones i scoured the internet for and didn't find. If you can provide the stats for them, i'd be most glad :D

2. - Top - End - #572
    Dwarf in the Playground

Humans. I don't actually need them (I don't even play this game). I just think someone should stat them. They aren't in the Monster Manual or the From the Playground Compendium. Also, I suggest specifically mentioning that they can't cast lightning and all the other things Celia doesn't know.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Bugbear in the Playground

H 320
    I'm scratching my head trying to think of a good way to separate physical attractiveness from Charisma in D&D 3.5. I haven't really played other versions of D&D so it may be there's already a perfectly good answer out there. I'd still like physical attractiveness to be useful/quantifiable though, perhaps a feat that allows you to Try Again diplomacy? Maybe even a little synergy with the Disguise skill (good knowledge of grooming, clothing, etc)? I believe GURPS already has something called "The Look" and rules for seduction. One complication is that "The Look" might not work the same on the married village elder as it would on a young single farm worker.
    Thanks to Daryk for the Paladin avatar. Darius Sungold. 1648 OOC.

4. - Top - End - #574

C 320

At various times throughout D&D's history, people have added a Comeliness stat to the normal 6. Perhaps consider doing that, then add a new skill that allows people to use their looks to get things from other people?
    A System-Independent Creative Community:
    Strolen's Citadel

5. - Top - End - #575
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLC View Post
    Humans. I don't actually need them (I don't even play this game). I just think someone should stat them. They aren't in the Monster Manual or the From the Playground Compendium. Also, I suggest specifically mentioning that they can't cast lightning and all the other things Celia doesn't know.
    C -no number, see quote-

Human
    Medium Humanoid
    HD 1d8+3 (8)
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Init: +0
    AC 10; touch 10; flat-footed 10
    BAB +0; Grp +0
    Attack Slam attack +0 (1d3, nonleathal)
    Full-Attack See Above
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (Tall), 5 ft. (Long)
    Special Attacks -
    Special Qualities Human Traits, Humanoid Traits
    Saves Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +2
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 11, Con 11, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Skills Hide +1, Listen +1, Profession +4, Survival +2, Knowledge (any 2) +1, Diplomacy +3, Intimidate +1, Sense Motive +2
    Feats Toughness, Negotiator
    Environment Any
    Organization Solitary, Mated Pair (2), Party (6-10), Band (12-42), Settlements (as Hamlet, Village ect.)
    Challenge Rating 1
    Treasure Standard
    Alignment Any
    Advancement By Class
    Level Adjustment +0

Humans speak Common and wield any variety of Simple Weapons (Prof with all).

Human Traits
    + Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    + Human base land speed is 30 feet.
    + 1 extra feat at 1st level.
    + extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
    + Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
    + Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass human takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.
    Last edited by Stormthorn; 2009-05-22 at 09:54 PM.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

R 337

As I am terrible with epic spells, seeds, etc. I was wondering if someone could write up an epic spell that would cause an arcane spellcaster to completely and permanently become a dragon. Not like Athas dragons, of course :P Like our normal every day sort of dragon (chromatics and metallics). Probably would need to have a DC that scaled based on the color, but the dragon's age would be the age of the caster (i.e. I don't want it to make a wizard a great wyrm in one spell, the idea is power, potency and incredible lifespan). Is this possible?

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

7. - Top - End - #577
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

C 337

I think this is pretty doable. But, dragons age rather slow. The most powerful types of dragon won't ever be available. What with the thing that when you hit the age cap for your race you die, no ressurrection, and most ways to avoid that is to become undead, which prevents becoming anything that isn't undead. But, i think it can be worked in the spell as an downside to the spell, so that it's not *too* powerful. I like it.

So...

Awakening the Dragon

Transmutation

Spellcraft DC: 66
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 10 minute
    Range: 300 ft.
    Target: One creature
    Duration: Permanent
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates(Harmless)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (Harmless)
    To Develop: 594000gp, 12 days ; Seed: Transform (DC 21), Size range: Fine to Colossal (Assuming the caster who developed was medium we have to add +6 for fine, large, huge, gargantuan, and colossal, so +30), Ad Hoc -5 (Can't affect objects), Casting Time 10 minutes (- 20) Acquire all Supernatural and extraordinary abilities while maintaining own (Ad hoc +50), Can only change into dragons (Ad hoc -10), Only dragons same age as caster (Ad hoc -20) Change HP to match new con score (ad hoc +20)

At the end of the incantation, which descripts the habits, abilities, characteristics and mannerisms of the form of dragon he wishes to become or bestow upon another creature, the caster points to the recipient of the spell and shouts "Thou now shall become like this!", and the subject transforms into the type of dragon.

The subject’s equipment, if any, remains untransformed or melds into the new form’s body, at the caster’s option. The transformed creature or object acquires the physical and natural abilities, as well as the supernatural and extraordinary abilities of the creature or object it has been changed into while retaining its own memories and mental ability scores, the transformed creature also mantains it's supernatural and extraordinary abilities(Except those who relies explicitly on limbs possessed only by the transformed creature, such as a Illithids abilities to suck brains with it's tentacles). Mental abilities include personality, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores, level and class, alignment, base attack bonus, base saves, extraordinary abilities, spells, and spell-like abilities, but not supernatural abilities. Physical abilities include natural size and Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores. Natural abilities include armor, natural weapons, and similar gross physical qualities (presence or absence of wings, number of extremities, and so forth), and possibly hardness.

The creature type and subtype changes to Dragon, and you are considered a True Dragon for purposes of feats and abilities (Such as Loredrake). Also, no one can tell that this transformation has ocurred(Except by divination), not even a dragon the species of the transformed. This transformation cannot be dispelled by the caster, or by anyone. It's permanent in all forms, and the creature does not exhibit an aura of transformation. It is forever changed.

-------------------------

Let me know wheter you liked it or not! Especially the ad hoc modifiers. I thought to myself that it was useless to transform into a dragon if you couldn't maintain all of the abilities you had in your previous form, but that it was silly to maintain abilities that you could only physically use with your old form. I also thought that the "it can't be dispelled" was befitting of an epic spell that changes so badly a creature, and so i added it without adding an ad-hoc modifier. Also, this is a spell that can be cast quite easily by any lvl 21 wizard. With only a 66 spell DC, a INT modifier of +11 and a spellcraft check of +24, you get +35 to the roll, with masterwork tools (+2), +37, you only need +19 from items to get the test on a take 10. It's pretty easy when you have Epic Wealth.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Barbarian in the Playground

hi guys

R339.
    I need a(some) feat(s) to make ship-to ship comat esayer for my players, they are smart but they tend to roll badly...
    (I am tried of killing them over a one to jump to the other ship, or other such sillyness)

any threads sugesstions would be healpfull too.

Thanks
    Last edited by Zain; 2009-05-28 at 12:06 AM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

R. 338
    Hey guys, I'm currently working on a homebrew campaign website, and I'm having trouble making good races. I had an idea for one though; a humanoid kind of like an Elf, but with Fire Elemental traits. They'd have a humanoid appearence, but they could, at will, go all-fiery(like HeatBlast on Ben10 if you know what I mean?). But, I'm having trouble coming up with a balanced one. So, could anyone help me?
    *EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention it needs to be 4th edition, didn't I?
    Last edited by Inkyrius; 2009-05-27 at 09:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #580

C. 338

I imagine making that at-will will be difficult, if you want it to give any meaningful bonuses. I wrote up a version with an encounter power, tell me if that's acceptable. I also had to guess a few things, they may not make sense. More info on the fluff will help if this isn't what you wanted.

Fire Elf Thing
    Children of flame, whose fiery temper is matched only by their thirst for freedom and adventure.

Average Height: 5'5"-6'1"
    Average Weight: 140-180 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity
    Size: Medium
    Speed: 6 squares
    Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, Primordial.
    Skill Bonuses: +2 Acrobatics, +2 Intimidate
    Elemental Origin: Your ancestors were native to the Elemental Chaos, so you are considered an elemental creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
    Scorching Blood: You have resist cold and fire 5 + one-half your level.
    Heritage of Flame: You can use heritage of flame as an encounter power.

Heritage of Flame - Fire Elf Thingy Racial Power
    You draw upon the fire within to transform into an avatar of blazing flame.
    Encounter
    Standard Action - Personal
    Requirement:You must be bloodied.
    Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +1 bonus to speed, you deal 2 extra fire damage on a successful hit, and any enemy that hits you with a melee attack takes 2 fire damage.
    Increase to 4 fire damage at 11th level, and 6 fire damage at 21st level for the second and third features of this power.
    Special: When you create your character, choose Strength or Dexterity as the ability score that determines damage for this power. This choice remains throughout your character's life and cannot change.

I'm hoping that the autodamage for Heritage of Flames isn't too much. The problem is, of course, that anything resistant to fire at all (and there will be quite a few things) will ignore all of this damage.

As stated, I made a few stylistic choices (such as giving them Primordial) that you may want to change. Even if this isn't quite what you're looking for, I hope it helps.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thanks Alteran, it helped a lot! Do you mind if I use it on my site(after making a few, small, adjustments to make it fit into my campaign)? It's actually really good. But, I think I may change the name lol. :p
    Here is my homebrew campaign site!

12. - Top - End - #582

I imagined you'd want to change the name. Feel free to use/change it, but please credit me for the base of it if you're putting it on your website.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Okay, no probs on the giving you credit part.
    *EDIT: Tell me if this is enough credit
    Last edited by Inkyrius; 2009-05-27 at 10:33 PM.
    Here is my homebrew campaign site!

14. - Top - End - #584

That's fine, thanks. I just realized that I made a mistake, though. I left a line at the bottom of Heritage of Flame that says "Special: When you create your character, choose Strength or Dexterity as the ability score that determines damage for this power. This choice remains throughout your character's life and cannot change." This is left over from an earlier version of the power I made, it can now be removed entirely.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Firbolg in the Playground

R340

I am currently working on creating a daelkyr heavy campaign for the summer, i need some feats that woul represent a daelkyr heritage with the openning feat granting only minor benefits. Anyone should be allowed to take these feats, so long as they are not already aberrations.

I am also making a prestige class to go with it but that is already well underway, i just need the feats for now (i will post the feats and PrC later giving credit where it is due)

Here's a rough idea for the first feat
    Daelkyr Blood [Daelkyr Heritage]
    The power of the daelkyr has manifested within you making you resilient to attacks on your mind. You also inherited some of the daelkyr’s madness.
    Benefits: You gain a +2 bonus on Will saves against mind-affecting effects. Additionally, you gain a +1 racial bonus to your Charisma score and a -1 racial penalty to your Wisdom score.
    Special: This feat can only be taken at 1st level

Suggestions for how to improve this feat are welcome
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2009-05-31 at 11:32 AM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Orc in the Playground

R341

Looking for/asking for some templates with an LA of no more than 4.

100 Con Bars to the good brewer who does this!
    Last edited by Connor Darkdart; 2009-06-01 at 01:46 PM.
    Nervous Worm by ME!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Con Bar by Dorion Soth

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain43 View Post
    hi guys

R339.
    I need a(some) feat(s) to make ship-to ship comat esayer for my players, they are smart but they tend to roll badly...
    (I am tried of killing them over a one to jump to the other ship, or other such sillyness)

any threads sugesstions would be healpfull too.

Thanks
    H 339
    For Feats? Skill Focus(Jump) and Skill Focus(Swim) sound like the solutions to that specific problem...

For another solution, try this on for size:

Boots of Boarding
    These magical boots have saved many a sailors lives when pressing the attack against another ship.
    For 5 rounds per day they can produce a Spiderclimb effect, and this effect may be activated quickly enough to save activate on impact with the side of a ship, however this effect can only be used on worked wooden surfaces. The rounds may be split up over several occasions. Once per week they can render the wearer highly bouyant for 3 rounds. This negates all armor and load penalties to Swim checks, and renders drowning impossible unless dragged under by a creature of at least Huge size. Swim checks are still required to make progress towards a destination or avoid a hazard. This effect activates automatically if the wearer is underwater for 3 consecutive rounds, giving the comrades of a unconscious person who falls overboard a brief chance to retrieve them before drowning occurs.
    Market Price 500 GP

How does that sound?
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Barbarian in the Playground

thanks

that is the sort of thing i need

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

Having found out about Eucalyptus trees via Made of Explodium...

342.Eucalyptus Treant (or other plant monster). Go!
    (I don't intended to use it for anything, but I think it would be funny)
    Last edited by deuxhero; 2009-06-06 at 10:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Request a Homebrew

A341
    (shameless self-plug warning.) What about this ?(shameless self-plug warning.)
    I know it is just one thing, but I hope you´ll still like it.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

R343?

I've had an idea for an NPC, but have no idea how to do it ruleswise. Basically, he's a powerful psion, but it's on a completely subconscious level. He's a small boy, but he is the son of one of the most powerful psions ever to have lived in this world. The idea is, his emotions actually form themselves into effects in the world, a la wilder but with no control. He doesn't even know he's doing it. I was thinking the level of the ability he uses could be based on the strength of the emotion, for example he's scared of the dark so if it's dark he instinctively casts light. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

C343 Well, you do realize that the psionic equivalent of Light is glowing eyes that cast a cone of illumination? Other than that... it is mostly how you pick his powers... pick stuff that doesn't have an obvious source, and give him a special ability that he himself is never the center of any signs of manifestations, although, for instance, the objects he produces might hum instead of he himself having a hum around him (or whatever the audible sign of manifesting is)
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    C343 Well, you do realize that the psionic equivalent of Light is glowing eyes that cast a cone of illumination? Other than that... it is mostly how you pick his powers... pick stuff that doesn't have an obvious source, and give him a special ability that he himself is never the center of any signs of manifestations, although, for instance, the objects he produces might hum instead of he himself having a hum around him (or whatever the audible sign of manifesting is)
    Yeah that was one of the issues I had. I was kinda thinking more he would "know" every power but the power used was to an extent random, so if a person attacked him he wouldn't use a specific offensive power, but the more the person attacks him the more powerful the power gets.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

R344

Any good Shaman classes other then spirit shaman, I felt it was too weak.
    "We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
    -Tyler Durden

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Samuel Johnson

"Valar Morghulis"

25. - Top - End - #595

R 345
    D&D 3.5

Tortoiseshell armor, for druids, made from one tortoise. And a turtle variant, with appropriate differences.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C 345

You can find Shell armor in Stormwrack.

What difference would there be between turtleshell armor and tortoiseshell armor? Both would have overlapping plates (the carapace). The exception would be a leatherback turtle armor, which would have more in common with leather armor than with the bony plates of other turtles and tortoises.

I suppose you could craft master work Shell armor and then add magical enhancements. Are you looking for something specific?

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2009-06-14 at 05:50 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

27. - Top - End - #597
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Can I ask you to do a 3.5 prestige class?
    Windows.WINdows.>WIN<dows.WIN
    I rest my case

28. - Top - End - #598
    Dwarf in the Playground

R 346

Could I request an adaptation of the Justiciar (Complete Warrior) to fit the demands of a slaver-style prestige class?
    Last edited by TheYoungKing; 2009-06-15 at 02:29 AM.

29. - Top - End - #599

R347

DnD 4e

I'm tend to make balancing mistakes so I looking for some on to write base stats for Lizardfolk as a player race in 4e dnd.

Also I do believe there is a monster called poison dust lizard folk(or something along that line) in monster manual III. Basicaly is its a small sized lizard folk that specializes in using poison and bolas. A conversion to 4e wouldbe much appreciated

Thanks
    Last edited by WarBrute; 2009-06-15 at 11:26 AM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

R:348?

I need an alchemist class.The one I want is based on FMA.I am having an headache limiting the transmutations yet allowing the players to mix and match.Help!!oh I am a first time DM too.And please be fast.Thank you.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2009-06-15 at 04:35 AM.