New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Paladin PrC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Paladin PrC

So, while I go to scrounge through all my books for good Paladin PrC's that expand spellcasting, I thought I would pose the question to you folks here as well.

Does anyone know a good Paladin PrC, hopefully one that increases spellcasting a bit?

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Paladin PrC

Fist of Raziel from Book of Exalted Deeds looks good on paper; it focuses on upping you smite evil with various improvements such as automatic confirmation of critical hits and bolts of celestial lightning that strike nearby foes. It's not magic heavy, though; I don't have the book with me but going by memory it either has poor spellcasting (i.e. levels 1-4, a couple of spells per day at each level, like most "magic tacked on at the side" classes) or "+1 Level of Existing (Divine) Spellcasting Class".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

These are culture/setting specific, but ye asked for any and all, right? Both of these come from Faerun and are catered to Paladin and Fighter/Cleric characters.

Hammer of Moradin--- Militant branch of the temple of the Dwarffather in Citadel Adbar. Primary fighting ability is centred around a warhammer and the character gets all sorts of extra bonuses against the traditional enemies of FR dwarves--- goblinoids, orcs, giants, drow.

Yes, it has +1 caster level of existing spellcasting class... every level or every other, if I'm not mistaken.

Eye of Horus-Re--- Zealots of the Horakhte clergy. They are firestorms of divine wrath manifested in fire and sword. They are never without the strength of the sun, the determination of daylight and the fierceness of flame. Deadly to all denizens of Darkness but most particularly against the living dead.

Yes, it has +1 caster level of existing spellcasting class... every level or every other, if I'm not mistaken.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Knight of the Weave from Champions of Valor might be what your looking for if you want an arcane casting pally. Spell progression up to 6th level spells, ability to cast without ASF in medium armor, detect and read magic at will, and some weird stuff about expending spell slots to gain metamagic effects with spontaneous casting + spellfire stuff.

only 3/4 BaB, but decent for a gish-ish kinda build.
    "You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."-Urza

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fist of Raziel, as I recall, only loses one caster level (at first level). It gives you smite progression, I think it has full BAB, and has a lot of really good smite add-ons. It doesn't get much better than that.

6. - Top - End - #6

Devil

And it gives you a Magic Circle against evil 24h a day XD
    Paladin Review - A Class Balance by me
    Link

Originally Posted by Dyllan

Fawsto is definitely a lawyer. Nothing against what you said, Fawsto - but I've never read anything that sounded more like it came from a lawyer. :-)
    "Justice and liberty/You can't buy/But you don't get it free"
    - Bruce Dickinson, Born in 58

7. - Top - End - #7

In fact, Fist of Raziel could actually bring Paladins up to scratch...