New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Fantasy Flight Games to Exclusively Publish Roleplaying Games based on Games Workshop

http://blackindustries.com/?template...t&newsitem=359

This means Dark Hersey and WHRPG are going to kept going by Fantasy Flight Games instead of black industries which they are shutting down.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Fantasy Flight Games to Exclusively Publish Roleplaying Games based on Games Work

Woohooo!!!

Cause I cried when I heard that Black Industries were dropping the RP stuff.

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Fantasy Flight Games to Exclusively Publish Roleplaying Games based on Games Work

A New hope is born. And the Empire Will strike Back!

Seriously now, this makes me happy. Good things shouldn't die an ignominous death.

4. - Top - End - #4

Goblin

Seriously now, this makes me happy. Good things shouldn't die an ignominous death.
    Except of course in Call of Cthulhu. Where it's pretty much expected.

5. - Top - End - #5

Nah. In call of Cthulhu, a good character, if (And only if) played by a really amazing roleplayer, gets to be elevated to unkillable servant of Cthulhu's good adversaries. But that is exceedingly rare.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Cthulu has enemies that aren't turned into the human equivalent of mashed bean paste? Now THAT shatters the mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

7. - Top - End - #7

Are the Guns 'N' Roses still alive?

Hey, can't blame me for playing a modern version of Call.

8. - Top - End - #8

Goblin

In call of Cthulhu, a good character, if (And only if) played by a really amazing roleplayer, gets to be elevated to unkillable servant of Cthulhu's good adversaries
    How is this? And Cthulhu has good adversaries? Has somebody been reading Derleth?

Nodens and co. are UTTERLY AMORAL LIKE THE REST OF THEM DAMMIT

ahem.

9. - Top - End - #9

Nah, not those. I only believe in the original Lovecraft tales when I speak of the Call game (When reading, I DO go as far as the bombing of the black island). Just usin' the hints left by ole Howard.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Woo! If it's going to continue to be supported, maybe I can get into it then.

FOR CHAOS!
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-03-08 at 10:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuincherguixe View Post
    FOR CHAOS!
    HERESY! PURGE THE UNCLEAN!
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
    -The Stranger, "The Big Lebowski"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

You're just saying that because you don't appreciate my art work.

BUILD AN ALTER OUT OF THE BONES OF THE ART CRITICS!
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-03-08 at 11:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Good, maybe I'll be able to swing a copy now.
    The craftworld sings to me. To Aliatoc!
    Alot is not a word. It's a lot, two words.
    Always use the proper tool. If the proper tool isn't available, try a hammer.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuincherguixe View Post
    BUILD AN ALTER OUT OF THE BONES OF THE ART CRITICS!
    Pastels for the pastel throne?
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
    -The Stranger, "The Big Lebowski"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

CEREAL FOR THE CEREAL GOD! NUTS FOR THE NUT THRONE OF CORN!

Yes, I'm happy.
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Project_Mayhem View Post
    How is this? And Cthulhu has good adversaries? Has somebody been reading Derleth?

Nodens and co. are UTTERLY AMORAL LIKE THE REST OF THEM DAMMIT

ahem.
    That's right. 'Good' is a relative term, in that the Elder Gods are opposed to the Great Old Ones and the Great Old Ones usually want to rip our dimension apart. Therefore, they're 'good' in that their goals, often enough, involve stopping our reality from being violently deconstructed.

Do they care about us? Hells naw. But I'll take the uncaring deific being whom would rather allow my puny insignificance to continue existing than the malicious deific being who wants everyone to claw their own eyes out and devolve into an orgy of destruction moments before we are all consumed.
    "78% of DM's admit to having started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that hasn't yet, stop fibbing."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Thou hast exploded mine brain.
    Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Face Of Evil View Post
    Oh, I can't wait to start racking up the XP for you smelly apes.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Dice For The Dice God!