New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Draw me, Draw you

Okay....so this is one of my favorite threads on one of my other forums, and I'm hoping it can take off here....if we have enough artists.

The premise behind this is...draw someone's or mutiple someone's pictures and post a photo of yourself. Now, in general, we like to go with the rule that you should draw someone else before you can post your own, so there aren't a lot of people just dropping off pictures and being all 'draw me!' However, this board doesn't get quite the volume of posters as some, so I don't think that'll be too big of an issue, and then people who can't draw can still be involved and have themselves drawn.

Although, do try to make an effort to draw at least one other person if you post your photo, they don't have to be skillfully done, just so you're playing....Hey you could even do an oots avatar of a photo if realistic drawing's not your thing.

And to get things started, I'll go ahead and post my picture again from the 'you' thread. Yes...I haven't drawn anyone else yet...but rest assured that I shall. Or will if anyone else posts their picture anyway.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Draw me, Draw you

I have a confession: I can draw. Or, at least, I used to be able to! :-[
    It's been years and years since I even attempted to pencil someone, so I hope this didn't turn out too bad...but I felt genuinely inspired so I made an attempt! 8)

So, here you go, my <misguided?> attempt at the Illustrious Alarra. ;D

If anyone feels they can do a better job (likely), please feel free (now please don't shoot me...).

Edit: As for my photo, there's already a number of them uploaded to the "You pt. 2" thread, but here's a particular favorite of mine.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Question: Must we use the given pose, or may we take what we see and improvise. I never found that hard with people.

4. - Top - End - #4

You can styalize and change them however you like.

Yay, nice drawing. I'll draw you.....maybe tomorrow.

Here's who I drew today in the SA thread of the same name:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../drawsized.jpg

Spoiler
    Show

Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Okay, I will start joining in Monday or Tuesday then. My thrice-bedamned schedule will not allow otherwise.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, Alarra, I took a shot at this but I have to admit that because the shot you provided of yourself was so small I had a hard time seeing the details so I think my first go at this qualifies as being a bit.... off.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ney/Alarra.jpg

I think I'll try again later this week when I'm not so tired [art project just finished....]
    "Time and space exist not. There was no past, and there shall be no future. NOW is all. All things that ever were, are, or ever will be, transpire now. Man is forever at the center of what we call time and space. I have gone into yesterday and tomorrow and both were as real as today." R E Howard

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi, the Lich King
    Okay, Alarra, I took a shot at this but I have to admit that because the shot you provided of yourself was so small I had a hard time seeing the details so I think my first go at this qualifies as being a bit.... off.

I think I'll try again later this week when I'm not so tired [art project just finished....]
    Malachi, you humble us with your great and powerful humor. We are not worthy.
    Verminaard avatar by drKarling

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Roaming Gnome

Malachi, you humble us with your great and powerful humor. We are not worthy.
    Well, my avatar is a lich so I guess my humour should be a bit dry ;) But, I legitimately had a problem drawing from the image Alarra posted [well, at least the level of detail that I'm looking for anyway] so that impish side of me that can take over when I'm a little punchy had a field day with a random whim. If I get a bigger image to work from I'll do a serious version.
    "Time and space exist not. There was no past, and there shall be no future. NOW is all. All things that ever were, are, or ever will be, transpire now. Man is forever at the center of what we call time and space. I have gone into yesterday and tomorrow and both were as real as today." R E Howard

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Mal, that's hilarious. Competely wrong but great work, as always.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh wait, you actually drew that?! If so, wow...
    Verminaard avatar by drKarling

11. - Top - End - #11

Aww Mal, I do so enjoy you. =) I know....it's too small....I've run into that problem earlier this week too....I'll try to find a larger version of it

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Roaming Gnome
    Oh wait, you actually drew that?!
    Yes. Contrary to what some people have thought, I didn't rip my avatar off from a D&D book.

As a weird tangent, do a search on Yahoo under "Images" for Yoda and there are some pretty funny pics that people have cobbled together.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra
    Aww Mal, I do so enjoy you. =) I know....it's too small....I've run into that problem earlier this week too....I'll try to find a larger version of it
    I like to think of myself as an acquired taste. ;)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I like to think of myself as an acquired taste. ;)
    Mmmm Lich Scratchings

Hey one day I might even have a go at this drawing stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok, I must thank Alarra for starting this thread. It had been a long while since I'd picked up a pencil and pressed it to paper, and I don't know how, but seeing this thread inspired me!

So, I openly admit that I'm not very good, but I had fun drawing this, and it inspired me to do a bunch of other stuff! Yay recent amounts of free time!

Anyway, here it is, please forgive the whimsical addition. (And in my defense of the actual work, my scanner seemed to exaggerate the shading in spots and added a horrible dark patch across one eye!)

Alarra

15. - Top - End - #15

Yeah....I got busy....sorry....I start this and then don't even follow up and draw anyone....

Well...here's GW then....neat photo by the way

not the best, but i'm in midst of studying, so it was more a quick sketchy thingy.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Yay, I've been Alarra-ized!

(Took me a while to notice, though, didn't it...I guess I just don't frequent A&C very often... )
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2006-11-07 at 01:14 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D_Malachi_Penney View Post
    As a weird tangent, do a search on Yahoo under Images for Yoda and there are some pretty funny pics that people have cobbled together.
    There are some truly disturbing ones if you go looking for Jessica Rabbit.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

I see what you mean

Over 18's only...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground
    And my mom once said; 'Everyone on the internet who is over 12 is a rapist!'

Let's see here...I think I have an alright photo SOMEWHERE...Ah...yes, here it is;
    http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...06-06002-1.jpg

And I'm going to try to draw both the beautiful Allara and the....errmm...nice Warlock over there...god give me strength for the last.

Ps....I made the picture large....as you can...see? Gosh...all I want is to wipe that damn spittal from my lip..Good luck to those who try.

Done.
    AAAAAAAAAND done. Alarra...I have one thing to say to you....

Your lips are hard to draw, don't be surprised if it turns out to be manly looking.
    http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...e/IMGP2894.jpg

And Warlock. I was kidding before, now that I've been staring at you and drawing everything, you're pretty damn handsome. High fives to your mother and father for that awesome mix they got together.
    http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...e/IMGP2892.jpg *Slap smack*
    Last edited by Riskesh of the Red Coat; 2006-11-07 at 11:09 AM.

Never belive what you see

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would really like to join in on this sadly I lack drawing skills mind if I do some fun portraits in illustrator instead of photo realistic sketches it will be at leat monday befor I can do it tho I don't have illustrator on my lappy and I don't feel like instaling it cuz it barely has space on it from all my music and anime
    [Image removed - animated]

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Wow, I've never seen this idea before, this is pretty neat! I guess this is as good as time as any to show you guys my abilities. I'd feel bad if I was giving art critiques without some sort of proof that I knew what I was talking about.

I did a drawing of Ghost Warlock:
    My Drawing

Man, I'm such a sucker for good eyes and a jawline.

And erm... I'm actually more interested in drawing people than being drawn. But maybe I'll post my picture later after I've done a few more portraits. :shy:

Also
    ::EDIT::
    Whoa, I just noticed that this topic had needed to be bumped. This is a cool idea... post your pictures people!

Also, Riskesh, I noticed you have such a cute face, do you mind if I asked you if I could draw you out as an elf? Or if you had a preference, please do request it.
    Last edited by Medieve; 2006-11-09 at 01:37 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

*blush* Um....I wouldn't mind at all actully...have a go at it! Oh, and what in the world did you draw that with? Charcoal? Or did you take it to photoshop? It's clean yet...not. I love it(it's so much better than mine, eh!)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    I see what you mean

Over 18's only...
    Spoiler
    Show
    You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Riskesh of the Red Coat View Post
    *blush* Um....I wouldn't mind at all actully...have a go at it! Oh, and what in the world did you draw that with? Charcoal? Or did you take it to photoshop? It's clean yet...not. I love it(it's so much better than mine, eh!)
    Done in photoshop using a Wacom Intuos 2 graphics tablet. Though the techniques I used are very similar to how I use charcoal.

I'm not posting the Riskesh drawing until I get another picture :d
    Last edited by Medieve; 2006-11-09 at 10:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmm. Looks like I've got some drawing to do...
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2006-11-10 at 09:56 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    Done in photoshop using a Wacom Intuos 2 graphics tablet. Though the techniques I used are very similar to how I use charcoal.

I'm not posting the Riskesh drawing until I get another picture :d
    Of...? Are you talking about wanting another picture of me, or are you talking about someone posting another picture? Just wondering...

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Heh, well, I wasn't looking to do another picture of you. (And wow, you look sort of like hermione in there with the pursed lips and hair)

Its more of an incentive to get more people to post their pictures so I can continue drawing. These are pretty fun for portrait studies for me.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

Last edited by TinSoldier; 2006-11-13 at 08:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Alright, well, as promised here is Riskesh's portrait (without glasses but WITH ears! She looks like a certain elf druid from Baldur's Gate, no?):

Heh, TinSoldier turns out to be a soldier. Cute daughter! I can't figure out if I want to draw the silly smile or the present picture. And actually, the silly smile taken out of context looks more like a fearsome growl.

Also, here is my painting of myself done some time ago (and with a bit more time and color). Yeah yeah, I'm dorky-looking, but we can't all be soldiers!/ghost_warlocks/Riskeshes!!!

Last edited by Medieve; 2006-11-13 at 09:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground

Heh, those soldier pictures were about 3 years ago. I got out of the National Guard last year, but I have a really bad profile of me driving a HMMWV in Louisiana!

Anyway, those are very nice pictures. You have a lot of talent.

How long do they take, on average?