New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Fun with combinations OR the funniest thing you can sneak by your dm

The idea of this thread is to find funny ideas of what to do with random combinations.

For instance, Delayed blast fireball + mage hand = Explosive suppository!
    Last edited by Pie Guy; 2008-10-24 at 10:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fun with combinations

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Guy View Post
    The idea of this thread is to find funny ideas of what to do with random combinations.

For instance, Delayed blast fireball + mage hand = Explosive suppository!
    That has another use?

Stolen in part from Tippy, a BoH turned inside out underwater is the perfect way of capsizing a ship.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    Stolen in part from Tippy, a BoH turned inside out underwater is the perfect way of capsizing a ship.
    I prefer a Sphere of Ultimate Destruction. It destroys anything it touches. Fire one in the water and watch the whirl pool of doom form.

Even on land it really should have an effect like the vortex ability of the blackball.

And for extra fun there is always kinetic interdiction strikes.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

4. - Top - End - #4

Still and silent on a channeled spell.

"OW! Ok, who did that! No, seriously guys, this is ****ing painful. Whoever's doing it please, just stop! OW! ok that's it!"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Fun with combinations OR the funniest thing you can sneak by your dm

Play a small race. I prefer gnome. Make sure you weigh 40 pounds or less.

Cast reduce person on yourself, followed by mage hand. Now you have rudimentary flight for the low cost of one cantrip and one 1st level spell, provided your GM doesn't rule that gnomes are magical objects.
    If you like what I have to say, please check out my GMing Blog where I discuss writing and roleplaying in greater depth.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fun with combinations OR the funniest thing you can sneak by your dm

Delayed Blast Fireball + Turn Undead = Holy Hand Grenade

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Delayed Blast Fireball + Turn Undead = Holy Hand Grenade
    Hulking Hurler+Necromancer with Corpsecrafter feats+bag o' dead rats=Unholy Hand Grenade.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Drunken master/master thrower, throw anything an deal more damage than punching someone. Even a paperclip.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by valadil View Post
    Play a small race. I prefer gnome. Make sure you weigh 40 pounds or less.

Cast reduce person on yourself, followed by mage hand. Now you have rudimentary flight for the low cost of one cantrip and one 1st level spell, provided your GM doesn't rule that gnomes are magical objects.
    A person (even a halfling) is not an unattended object!

One I'd like to try is:
    Dead body + animate objects + permanency + true resurrection
    A dead body is an object and can therefore be animated. animate objects is specifically listed as being able to be made permanent. Spells don't care what happens to the thing they effect after they have been put in place (a stupid rule from Sage or a FAQ or something caused by the same people who own M:tG owning our beloved D&D). Behold! Now you have a slam attack, darkvision, low light vision, a 40' move speed, a natural armor score, and construct traits! The downside? The animator can boss you around.

(Oh and yes, you'd be a construct, but you'd ALSO be a "dead creature touched", so True Res should still work.)

Edit: "Since it was never alive, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected." Well that might throw a proverbial monkey wrench into my plan. Oh well. We're talking about sneaking stuff past the DM, right?
    Last edited by Irreverent Fool; 2008-10-25 at 05:50 AM.
    On DMPCs: "Remember, nothing will spice up your campaign quicker than long descriptions of NPC’s doing spectacular stuff while the players sit around and watch." -Shamus Young, DM of the Rings
    Divide By Zero: Irreverent Fool, you are my hero.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I once had a wizard who combo'ed the Tentacles spell (not Evard's Black, but the one that gives you two extra limbs a la Doc Ock), with a Flame Aura, with Tenser's Transformation...
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Does anyone know of a spell or similar effect that opens a permanent (or long-duration) portal between two planes that allows the inherent matter and possibly the substance of a plane (for example, negative energy) to pass through it?
    Find a city or fortress or something in a depression (preferably one with a cliff right over it) and open a portal to the elemental plane of water directly above it... I call it (name shamelessly stolen from... whoever it was) "greater lake attack".

Now what would be REALLY awesome was if you had elemental planes for periodic table elements as per order of the stick. Open a portal between the elemental plane of hydrogen and the elemental plane of fire... perhaps open another portal to the elemental plane of oxygen in each plane, near the original one, just for the heck of it.
    Emotes cannot express the awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    Hulking Hurler+Necromancer with Corpsecrafter feats+bag o' dead rats=Unholy Hand Grenade.
    That reminded me of:
    Nightwalker + thrower build + large supply of voidstones.
    And/or: nightwalker advanced to gargantuan size, with levels in cleric and use unrighteous might to increase to colossal.

Hmm... I've also been imagining, if you have a campaign that spans a huge amount of time, you could start out as a reasonably young (probably gold) dragon and eventually just age until you... because incredibly broken.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexxation View Post
    Total Perspective Vortex is a beautiful way to kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    Ummm... You fall, rock dies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    The Butterfly Effect is maximized when the butterfly can bend space-time to its will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    No one expects the Crayon Exposition!
    Quote Originally Posted by quick_comment
    If you get an item of bloodwind, you can hurl your beard at people, captain america style

When Fistbeard Beardfist throws his beard, all who oppose his beard must yield!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderRM View Post
    Does anyone know of a spell or similar effect that opens a permanent (or long-duration) portal between two planes that allows the inherent matter and possibly the substance of a plane (for example, negative energy) to pass through it?
    I don't know of a spell, but there is an item that can do that. Rings of Teleportation, I think they're called. They're two metal hoops with connecting portals in them.

13. - Top - End - #13

You don't need the elemental plane, just a lake.
    Last edited by Zocelot; 2008-10-25 at 07:34 PM.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I don't know of a spell, but there is an item that can do that. Rings of Teleportation, I think they're called. They're two metal hoops with connecting portals in them.
    Ring Gate - but those don't work across planes.

A Well of Many Worlds can do it randomly, or a Cubic Gate can be crafted to do it specifically. Both are Core items.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.