New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default A new DM's plea for help

I've played d&d for not a very long time, and now i want to see everything from the other point of view. I've got players, I've got a campaign (Scales of War from D&D Insider), and now there's only one problem remaining. I can't figure out how I'll make dungeon tiles. I considered buying premade ones, but i thought it was a bit expensive. Does anyone have some advice about how to make your own tiles? I'm so close to starting a campaign, and I can't wait to get this last little detail done with.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: A new DM's plea for help

Near the back of the Dungeon Master's Guide, there are pages with dungeon tiles that you are free to copy. Personally, I have one of those vinyl table cloths, on which I've drawn squares with a permanent marker, and every session I just draw out the dungeon with a non-permanent marker.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post
    Near the back of the Dungeon Master's Guide, there are pages with dungeon tiles that you are free to copy. Personally, I have one of those vinyl table cloths, on which I've drawn squares with a permanent marker, and every session I just draw out the dungeon with a non-permanent marker.
    Actually, I don't think I've got this prob anymore. I've got an old 3rd ed DMG, and it has lots of dungeon tiles for all occations. Hooray! Lock this thread as you see fit.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elswyyr View Post
    I can't figure out how I'll make dungeon tiles.
    I can't help you. I've run games for 25 years, and never, ever been in a situation where dungeon tiles would have been worth using.