New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Default Boosting Lay on Hands

I have been looking around to try and find ways to boost the amount of damage you can heal with the lay on hands ability other than simply upping your charisma or paladin level.
    So far I haven't found any feats that can pull it off but I'm open to any magic items, spells etc. that can pull it off.

Also, I know its smarter to use wands of CLW to actually heal, but this is all about using the grey guards special abilities to their maximum effect.
    He has eaten the pancake. He will never come back to us now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Boosting Lay on Hands

There is a feat called Hands of the Healer which boosts your Cha by 2 for the purpose of calculating how many HPs you can restore with Lay on Hands, but I don't know of anything else that would work.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

In Eberron, there's a feat (Action Healing) that can boost the amount of HP healed by LoH. It can also allow you to use LoH as a swift action or up to 30 feet away if you spend an action point. Needs the use of action points in the campaign though.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

The Unicorn Pendant from the Magic Item Compendium boosts a pally's Cha by 4 for the purposes of their lay on hands ability, and lets you use CMW and Neutralise Poison as well. Not a bad deal for 6,000 gold.

- Saph
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and the final book in the series, Risen, is out as of December 2021. For updates, check my blog!

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    The Unicorn Pendant from MiC totally ripped the Lay on Hands ability of the Rebalanced Paladin. Not a bad deal for 6,000 gold.

- Saph
    Fixed.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Thanks for the helps guys, and that pendant is totally awesome because the bonus is untyped. Anybody know of any other abilities that can pull this off? (Like maybe something that will boost the modifier from other classes?)
    He has eaten the pancake. He will never come back to us now.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Devil

LoH would be nice if it was similar or equivalent to the Dragon Shaman's healing touch.

Besides that modification, I can't think of nothing else.
    Paladin Review - A Class Balance by me
    Link

Originally Posted by Dyllan

Fawsto is definitely a lawyer. Nothing against what you said, Fawsto - but I've never read anything that sounded more like it came from a lawyer. :-)
    "Justice and liberty/You can't buy/But you don't get it free"
    - Bruce Dickinson, Born in 58

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Warlock View Post
    Thanks for the helps guys, and that pendant is totally awesome because the bonus is untyped. Anybody know of any other abilities that can pull this off? (Like maybe something that will boost the modifier from other classes?)
    This probably isn't what you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

The Hellreaver (Fiendish Codex II) can heal 10/20/30 (depending on the level) hit points per round as a Swift Action when in combat (plus Immunity to Fear, Mettle, and other nice bits). And the Combat Vigor feat (PHBII) gives you Fast Healing 2 or 4 (depending on how many combat form feats you possess) when in combat. This doesn't help Lay on Hands per say, but it'll help you with combat healing. Put them together with a Paladin of Freedom and you get a ridiculous tank build.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

I'll add that Pathfinder does great things with a Paladin's lay on hands ability. At very high levels, you can use it to Heal.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.