New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,477 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVI: There's a Pony for That!

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    No... NO! THE MEMORIES! THE UNHOLY FUSION OF MONKEY D. LUFFY, THE DOCTOR AND HARRY DRESDEN! WITH THE SONIC SCREWDRIVER AND THE RIDICULOUS BONUSES AND SKILLS IN EVERYTHING AND HE BOUGHT IT ALL WITH DEFECTS THAT WOULD NEVER COME UP AND HE HELPED RUIN MY CAMPAIGN WHY WHY WOULD YOU REMIND ME OF THAT AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
    You used to be about the ponies, man. You used to be cool.
    Seriously, were it not for the title I'd have no idea what this thread was about.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    You used to be about the ponies, man. You used to be cool.
    Seriously, were it not for the title I'd have no idea what this thread was about.
    No I wasn't.

Cool, that is. I was, and am, about the ponies.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Banned

Alls I'll say is that I read a book about gunpowder and its history; at that stage, they thought that the stuff in mercury that would make you immortal would be counteracted with oak. Also, a mixture like gunpowder was described (saltpeter, charcoal, sulfur) in a sixth century guide and it said something to the effect of "watch out, this stuff is flammable."
    Aye, and you'd get the saltpeter by rendering animal waste through boiling. The charcoal I could make, but the sulfur I'm not so sure on acquisition... It's like napalm or nerve gas. Easy to learn on a lark, because having the info doesn't mean you can use it, but does mean you qual for a Darwin award

And that makes sense. Gunpowder doesn't "explode" it just "burns really fast". Tomaytoe, tomawtoe.

Also, I suppose I can understand not wanting the prospect of gundpowder weapons in ponyland. Opens too many cans of worms.

I still maintain that Trixie's main skill is stage magic (i.e. sleight of hoof, tricks, minor explosives, etc). She probably wears the hat so it isn't obvious that she uses her horn to activate her little mechanical devices.

Not that she can't do magic. I just think that anyone who thinks she's rivaling Twilight for raw power is barking up the wrong tree.

Unrelated thing: I notice that her cutie mark is a wand... and we've never seen ANYPONY use a wand to do magic. Th
    I agree with everything here except the random th at the end. What's that all about? You too cool for standard punctuation?

No... NO! THE MEMORIES! THE UNHOLY FUSION OF MONKEY D. LUFFY, THE DOCTOR AND HARRY DRESDEN! WITH THE SONIC SCREWDRIVER AND THE RIDICULOUS BONUSES AND SKILLS IN EVERYTHING AND HE BOUGHT IT ALL WITH DEFECTS THAT WOULD NEVER COME UP AND HE HELPED RUIN MY CAMPAIGN WHY WHY WOULD YOU REMIND ME OF THAT AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
    Thought we weren't fluffing the page count anymore?
    My commiserations though. Those characters are never fun to run unless you handle it very well every step of the way, and so do they.

-

Also, nopony wants to bethe jerk to start a new thread, huh? That's awfully nice of you guys.

Off te bed for me then. Lemme know how that jump check goes.
    Oh, and you're on cursed land so you have to use the GURPS rules to make the check

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Just finished newest Version of my FiMRPG. yay. Sneak peek.

Spoiler
    Show

Each character is represented by 3 or more character cards. All characters have 3 basic cards; a racial card, a charisma card, and a skills card. Characters can also can additional cards such as level cards, item card, bit cards, cutie mark cards, and quirk cards.

CHARACTER CREATION
    1- Choose Character Racial Card.

Each character's charisma card is broken in two parts, the body type and their ability scores.
    The body type determines what basic physical features the characters has. Pony and Buffalo types have one head and 4 hooves. Griffin and Dragon types have 2 claws and 2 feet.

Attributes. Each racial card grants access to 3 or more attribute scores

Unicorn- Pony Type
    Levitation
    Magic power
    Spell Knowledge

Pegasus- Pony type
    Fly Speed
    Wings
    Cloudwalk

Earth Pony- Pony type
    Strength
    Toughness
    Nature Bond

Buffalo- Buffalo Type
    Strength
    Toughness
    Balance
    Size

Dragon-Dragon Type
    Wings
    Fly Speed
    Dragonfire
    Size

Griffin-Griffin type
    Wings
    Fly Speed
    Cloudwalk
    Size

Zebra- Pony type
    Toughness
    Natural Bond
    Balance

A character's ability score individually cannot exceed 4 and collectively cannot normally exceed 6.

When a character uses an ability, they must make the corresponding ability roll. An ability roll is 6 six-sided dice. Rolls of 5 or 6 grants +1 bonus to the roll. The result in compared to the challenge and if higher, it is a succes.

Levitation (The ability to levitate objects)
    Magic power (Raw magic strength)
    Spell Knowledge (Number of spells known)
    Fly Speed (Potential fly speed)
    Wings (General flying ability)
    Cloudwalk (Ability to manipulate and stand on clouds)
    Strength (Raw pony strength)
    Toughness (Raw pony toughness)
    Nature Bond (Knowledge on plants and animals)
    Dragonfire (Ability to breath fire)
    Size (General size and muscles)
    Balance (Agility and stability)

2- Choose Charisma Card

Each character's charisma card is broken in two parts, the style type and their charisma scores.

A style type can be either cool, cute, dark, geeky, glamorous, hot, or rough. When performing a charisma action for an NPC, add + 2 to your charisma score if your style type matches the type the NPC prefers.

There are 6 charisma score.
    Appearance (The attractiveness of the pony's first impression.)
    Speech (The appeal of the pony's speaking voice)
    Song (The appeal of the pony's singing voice)
    Dance (The appeal of the pony's dance moves)
    Wealth (The size of the pony's income)
    Reputation (The pony's status in pony society)

A character's charisma score individually cannot exceed 4 and collectively cannot normally exceed 10. The amount that the sum of a character's combined charisma score exceeds 10 by creates the character's Maintenance. Charisma scores can be negative to avoid high Maintenance.

When a character first meets, talks to, purchases an item from.or performs for a NPC, they must make the corresponding charisma roll. A charisma roll is 6 six-sided dice. Rolls of 5 or 6 grants +1 bonus to the charisma roll. Rolls equal to less than the character's Maintenance grant a -1 penalty to the charisma roll.. This is added to the charisma score of the performance being done. The result in compared to the challenge and if higher, it is a succes.

4- Choose Skill Card

Each character's skill card is broken in two parts, their profession and their skill scores.

A profession can be any job the character prefer to work as. When performing an action, add + 2 to the corresponding score if your profession would help you in anyway.

There are 6 skill scores.
    Athletics (General stamina, sportiness, and athletic skill.)
    Craft (The ability to make things)
    Hooves (Hoof dexterity and speed)
    Intelligence (General smarts and ability to do business)
    Random (General wackiness not normal of characters of their type to exhibit)
    Will (Mental toughness and bravery)

A character's skill score individually cannot exceed 4 and collectively cannot normally exceed 10. Skill scores can be negative.

When a character uses an skill, they must make the corresponding skill roll. A skill roll is 6 six-sided dice. Rolls of 5 or 6 grants +1 bonus to the roll. The result in compared to the challenge and if higher, it is a success.

5- Choose Quirk Cards

Ponies are weird. Characters display their weirdness through quirks. Quirks are optional but can be quite powerful. Positive quirks are called perks and negative quirks are called flaws. For every helpful perk a character has, they must also have a harmful flaw.

Perks
    Big Talker- Singer: Before making a Speech Performance, roll a d6. If you get a 4 or higher, you my change the charisma type of the speech.
    Singer: Before making a Song Performance, roll a d6. If you get a 4 or higher, you my change the charisma type of the song.
    Mastery- Choose an ability, charisma, or skill. Reroll all 1s when rolling for that score.
    Faithful Student: +2 for all scores when in the presence of your teacher.
    Fashionista: +3 to Appearance and Reputation Performances when wearing clothes.
    Mini Admirer: You have an admirer. Your admirer grants you with 1 bonus item cards every other scene.
    5 bits please: Your saddlebags always contain whatever anypony wants to buy (they must be able to pay you for it to appear). A character can trade you a bit card to for an item card.
    Stare Master: You may use your Fly Speed score for as a Natural Bond score with a +1 bonus.
    Animal Companion: You have an animal friend. You start with 2 bonus level cards.
    Motivator: Once per scene, You make a Speech or Song Performance versus any character's Will to negate one Flaw they have.
    Nerd: +2 to Intelligence and Spell knowledge.
    Hard worker: +2 to Athletics and Strength.
    Natural Born Flyer: +2 to Hooves and Wings.

Flaws
    Funny Accent: -3 to Speech.
    Clumsy: -3 to Hooves
    Phobia: Choose a thing to be afraid of. -5 from your rolls when in the presence of your phobia.
    Shy: Reroll all 6s when making Song, Speech, or Dance performances
    Derpy Eyes: Reroll all 6s when making Appearances and Reputation rolls.
    Obsession: Choose a thing or person to obsess over. Reroll all 6s when near near your obsession.
    Earth Pegasus: -3 to Wings
    Carnivorously Hammy: -4 to all stats in a scene if you don't make a hammy joke at least once in the previous scene.

5- Additional Cards

Periodically the Storyteller may hand out additional cards for winning challenge. These optional cards are either level cards, item cards, bit cards, or cutie mark cards.

Level cards grant a +1 bonus to one score.

Item cards can be handed back to the Storyteller to gain a +2 bonus to one score.

Bit cards are currency. Character start with bit cards equal to their Wealth or Reputation, whichever it higher.

Once per game, pony body type characters may trade a level card for a cutie mark card. The cutie mark also grants +4 bonus when dealing with a specialty associated with the cutie mark.

Currently REwriting the Dragonshy test quest.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    <stares> Flutterpink! Shadowtrixie!

<sigh> back to the drawn board it is, find other, original ideas :E
    Being original is hard in a fandom as active as this.

Every time I look at that one artists work, I want to like it. But it's obvious they don't draw horses normally; they draw dogs. And dogs with weird, ducklike muzzles, at that.
    I also don't like the muzzles in the image. I just put them in to make the image dump longer. And maybe other might like the style.

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    Or that. Maybe a double pun?

Obviously I was having a fake breakdown for purposes of funny. That's why.
    Yesterday wasn't a good day for hamming things up.

Image Dump: The Night Before Monday Edition.

Spoiler
    Show
    *snip
    That was a good one. Now I feel inadequate for the following very short MLP: Clockwork Orange image dump.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Dwarf in the Playground

Good lord, already filled to the brim on this one too? I'll wait until the next thread to post this picture then. Seeya tomorrow, all!

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Good lord, already filled to the brim on this one too? I'll wait until the next thread to post this picture then. Seeya tomorrow, all!
    Guess what :P
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"