New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony L: The L is for Love!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Then why did Applejack need to raise money to get Granny that hip replacement?
    Perhaps not a completely free system afterall, or a system that tiers medically necessary procedures over others?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I pick Bon-Bon. I always wanted to be a voice actor, that would just make it a lot easier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd pick the Doc and go traveling! The Lottery cheat sounds obvious, but I could also just peek at future developments and then write novels about them and become the next Joules Verne or such. Which I think is more fun to do anyway because then I could get movie rights and McDonald happy meal toy tie-ins.... merchandising! (where the real money is made)

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    In response to the Lauren Faust info video from earlier:
    Spoiler
    Show
    D'awww, that is cute on a Meta-Disney level. The higest level in my book. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Finally have a cool comic of best sisters
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like the staggering difference in prizes between 1st and 2nd place.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I pick Bon-Bon. I always wanted to be a voice actor, that would just make it a lot easier.

Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, completely forgot about this.

While Bon Bon is tempting, I can basically do that already given enough time to listen to the voice. It's great fun to suddenly start talking like Gollum in mid-sentence. And besides, I'm a computer scientist, an avid gamer, and I just realized I'm sitting an awful lot like L from Death Note right now because it's the only pose that feels comfy in this short chair of mine. That sort of ability would be glorious.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #1383

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Pictures of Ponies.
    Headcanon'd
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've always wanted to see more of the bat-ponies that accompanied Luna.

This could explain things. I'm not sure what things.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Discord certainly seems to be happy with it... even though one of those little Celestias is chewing on his butt.
    Egads, can you imagine if all these little Celestias got loose around the castle? It be like the Parasprite episode, except with more trolling than eating. I could see a fanfic of this... ...with a twist that they out chaos Discord, making him reluctantly help the Mane 6 undo the mess.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The gummy dimension was slaved to the current universe branch's meta-cloud, so its evisceration did nothing to affect neighboring timelines. I watch the Multiverse, not the Universe. What you remember having done has not so far impacted anything of note under my jurisdiction. Anything you don't remember having done.. is best not mentioned. Really, staying unnoticed is my job. I literally do nothing, make nothing, enforce and proliferate nothing. As long as my job is done right, not you, nor any other you in any other branch of the multiverse will notice that anything has been done. Which is why it's always best if I don't speak of what I'm doing, especially if it involves touchy subjects like universe substitution for you dimension-hopping people.

Think of me as the tech guy in the back room, keeping your server lines untangled while you work. As long as I don't screw up, you won't even notice I'm here. ;)
    What do you do about singularities? Objects of which there are no duplicates, and each Universe's "version" is all the same guy? Like a spikard, or proper Amberite?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Also, have some Derpy:

Spoiler
    Show
    yes you are~!

And hey coz, each round spent aimin' is an extra die on te accuracy part o' shootin'. Just sayin'.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Personally, I'm in agreement with Deadly that Luna should be the more powerful sister. Smaller, but packed with magic. However, I think Celestia would be the more likely one to act directly, as the thematic nature of night is to take covert and subtle actions.
    Personally, I prefer to think of the sisters having equal-yet-differing power. The "Luna is stronger and also more subtle" theory suggests that Luna is the better sister in all arenas, and that offends my sense of symmetry. I like thinking that while Luna possesses the raw power and willingness to use it, Celestia is the more subtle and manipulative sister.
    Truth resists simplicity.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Troll in the Playground

in terms of raw power I've always assumed celestia is the stronger one. the moon usually is the smaller/submissive entity in mythology, and irl it's light really is just a reflection.
    NMM wins because she has a dark side power boost.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

or a week later she'll give you a massive list of things that she might want, with little indication of preference
    But that's what you WANT. Then it's easy to find something from the list, somewhere.

That's exactly what I have. I have a big list - divided into sections (books, DVDs, etc etc - sometimes running to two or three pages, depending on wheter I could be bothered to double column it or not) and then update it every year, taking off stuff I have and adding stuff I want. That then gets passed around and whatnot, and the big advantage is I also don't know exactly what I'm going to get (there might be one or two items I put at the top of the priority). And a good half-to-two-thirds of the point of opening presents is that you don't know what you're getting - you may suspect, but there's still a big element of surprise.

There's nothing worse than someone who only wants one thing for their birthday, because not only does it make hard for everypony else, it also raises the chances that you might not be able to get it.

I can't see Twilight not using a list - she's far too (over-)organised and obessive not to.

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    in terms of raw power I've always assumed celestia is the stronger one. the moon usually is the smaller/submissive entity in mythology, and irl it's light really is just a reflection.
    NMM wins because she has a dark side power boost.
    I assume Celestia is the most powerful one- NOW - since she's had a thousand years in which to level up. I just think she's more than a little afriad of cutting loose and causing collateral damage, which is why she tries to avoid stepping into conflicts personally, and not going completely all out when she does.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-10 at 07:53 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Colossus in the Playground

Best Servant. Best Pony. Best King.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-08-10 at 08:07 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    Going into the future and lots of money on races or getting lottery numbers is tempting. But gosh, any accent, any voice? That sounds a lot more fun.
    Hmmm, you raise a good point. Lottery numbers would mean I wouldn't have to work and could devote my time to pony, but any voice means I could finally fulfill my dream of hearing the Double Rainbow song sung in Pavarotti's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    But that's what you WANT. Then it's easy to find something from the list, somewhere.

That's exactly what I have. I have a big list - divided into sections (books, DVDs, etc etc - sometimes running to two or three pages, depending on wheter I could be bothered to double column it or not) and then update it every year, taking off stuff I have and adding stuff I want. That then gets passed around and whatnot, and the big advantage is I also don't know exactly what I'm going to get (there might be one or two items I put at the top of the priority). And a good half-to-two-thirds of the point of opening presents is that you don't know what you're getting - you may suspect, but there's still a big element of surprise.

There's nothing worse than someone who only wants one thing for their birthday, because not only does it make hard for everypony else, it also raises the chances that you might not be able to get it.

I can't see Twilight not using a list - she's far too (over-)organised and obessive not to.
    I'm just going to agree with everything Bleakbane just said for the reasons he explained. Twilight having a prepared list of precisely what sort of gifts she'd like is just so completely in character for her.

I assume Celestia is the most powerful one- NOW - since she's had a thousand years in which to level up. I just think she's more than a little afriad of cutting loose and causing collateral damage, which is why she tries to avoid stepping into conflicts personally, and not going completely all out when she does.
    My personal headcannon on the subject of Celestia vs. Luna is that while Princess Celestia has far more raw power, Luna has much more finesse.

Essentially, it's the sun (a single massive ball of brilliant fire) vs. the intricate night sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Pony Roleplay: And Christmas Was Saved!

Spoiler
    Show

Wait, don't go!

......Gah, fine, leave! Go home to Boffensparks wife or his ape or whatever freaks like you date! But enjoy some mind-shattering necrotic soundwaves echoing inside your scaly head for all eternity!

Spoiler
    Show

Forget yo- huh. That scream might have been a little overboard, going from the lack of flames, or flesh on the cultists bones for that matter. Wait, is that a....

"ceiling, thanks to heat and rapid movement, is unstable. As in, it's dripping"

Gah, thats hot! Wait, the seals where in the rock....crap crap crap I am not waiting for this thing to fall on me to-okay, looks good. Pity that smart, funny, nice-ish prince apperently did not check Boffensparks ways of mind-reading,which has been proven ineffective again and again because of the mental wards the higher ups have. For all I know, he just got a list of Canterlotian nobles. Heh, he might see himself on his list.

Sigh, and he was so strong,too.

"gets the buck out."
    Ponythread RP: The Ponysanity Continues
    Spoiler
    Show
    Uh oh. Barrier!
    *waits while the sound waves shred the ground around him*
    I suppose I should have seen that coming. Why do the crazy ones always have to be so damned attractive?

Hmmm, given how often you question my sanity, coupled with that last statement, one could conclude that you see me as the pinnacle of stallionhood.

Gah! Don't sneak up on me like that!
    Also, don't ever say something like that again. Ever.

Very well, by the way, our cultist hunt is going splendidly. Of course, it helps that we were able to bypass the barriers that would normally protect the mind of a high ranking cultist like Nightcore. Having her original soul on hand is so very useful. *opens portal* Coming?

Yeah, I'm coming. *sigh* And she had a really cute plot, too.
    Wait a second, her original soul?

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    mighty high opinion of yourself considering you sat back and let me eviscerate an entire dimension.
    *waves vaguely at the gummy dimension*
    or for that matter sticking that soul in that body

*points to silent night's former body*
    do you require me, master?
    no, now go somewhere else before you ooze on the carpet
    honestly, i dont know how silent night put up with all the necrotizing
    More RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know, I think part of the reason nopony objected to your desecrating Silent Night's old body is the fact that, after all of the horrible things I do or try to do to him on a regular basis, he just doesn't notice that sort of thing anymore.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh it's that time again is it?
    My Little Pony LI: Let us Never Speak of it Again
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

*claps*

I'm actually going to be the voice of dissent here and say that Twilight may actually be the most difficult to realistically shop for. Rare books (or dense books) that she doesn't already own, rare magical components, new science gear, these all have one very important thing in common; they tend to be very, very expensive. You might be able to pool money with friends and get her one nice thing a year, but that's not something you can do for every occasion.

Barring that, I get the feeling that Twilight would genuinely like a lot of things, but asking her to pick just one thing that she wanted would drive her up the wall. She's the type of pony that likes questions with definite answers, or ones with just a few different possible choices. Asking her to pick just one thing out of an entire universe of possibilities would just leave her at a loss of what to do. She'd likely either end up saying "Oh, just use your own judgement, you know me," or a week later she'll give you a massive list of things that she might want, with little indication of preference. So unless you're prepared to spend some bits, I think she's actually tricky to shop for.

Also, have some Derpy:

Spoiler
    Show
    Not really. I know I'm the easiest person in my family to shop for simply because getting me a book will do fine. Pretty much any book as long as I don't own it. I always have a list of books ready that I want too.

I don't know why you think Twilight would only be interested in rare books. Her library doesn't seem to have every book that she would want (which is every book)

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Hmmm, you raise a good point. Lottery numbers would mean I wouldn't have to work and could devote my time to pony, but any voice means I could finally fulfill my dream of hearing the Double Rainbow song sung in Pavarotti's voice.

I'm just going to agree with everything Bleakbane just said for the reasons he explained. Twilight having a prepared list of precisely what sort of gifts she'd like is just so completely in character for her.

My personal headcannon on the subject of Celestia vs. Luna is that while Princess Celestia has far more raw power, Luna has much more finesse.

Essentially, it's the sun (a single massive ball of brilliant fire) vs. the intricate night sky.
    See I go on the quiet and controlled Celestia when even at her angriest uses tightly controlled magic and never shouts.

Vs

The highly emotional Luna who summons storms just by her sheer emotion. Her magic is flashy and loud in comparison to her sister.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Well, we've see Celestia do a head to head vs. Chyrsalis, and been told that she relied on the elements of harmony to beat Nightmare Moon. Equestria seems to have just enough hints of battle that it's plausible for various ponies of differing magical aptitudes to go at one another. And, being normal, talkative ponies that we are, one can conjecture how various match-ups would turn out.

Personally, I'm in agreement with Deadly that Luna should be the more powerful sister. Smaller, but packed with magic. However, I think Celestia would be the more likely one to act directly, as the thematic nature of night is to take covert and subtle actions.
    Princess Luna is an odd one actually. Her displays of power and magic are anything but subtle, yet at the same time her emotions for it are hard to place sometimes.

Take when she was speaking to Twilight Sparkle. She lets her know that she is aware of who Twilight is and is happy to have had the dark power removed from her, but she's yelling and the very weather is responding to her without even a sparkle on her horn. Her emotions and intentions are every bit as subtle as they should be for a member of Royalty, but her power?

Clouds move to her will, the winds blow harder with her, lighting flashes out of nowhere whenever she even begins to be dramatic.

So either she has a lot of power that doesn't need horn magic, or she's taught her Nightguard how to be sneaky and they've been handling the effects.

13. - Top - End - #1393

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    We doing names now?

My Little Pony LI: Lunar Curiosity
    My Little Pony LI: Fire and Tree Sap, A Love Story
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

14. - Top - End - #1394

I was considering, since the RPing nearly derailed the thread earlier--

My Little Pony LI: The Buck Stops Here
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

My Little Pony LI: The 'I' stands for interest!
    My Little Pony LI: Mine's Twilight. Who's yours?
    My Little Pony LI: Now with 20% more season songs!
    My Little Pony LI: Spike doing ballet.
    My Little Pony LI: Unleash the herd!
    My Little Pony LI: Your love is the love that will pierce the heavens!
    My Little Pony LI: In the Happy-brightness of Equestria...
    My Little Pony LI: We must construct additional titles!
    My Little Pony LI: We must construct additional ponies!
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, meaning the body's voice actors had to - and did, at least as far as my memory of the time goes - a pretty good job of mimicking the other character's voice and inflections. (And, of course, trying to sound like they were badguy-doing-goodguy-pretending-to-be-badguy (and vice-versa) and so not getting it quite right, as neither of the characters were good actors...!)
    Like the episode of buffy with her and faith!
    That was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I've always wanted to see more of the bat-ponies that accompanied Luna.
    Saaame.

Discord certainly seems to be happy with it... even though one of those little Celestias is chewing on his butt.
    Egads, can you imagine if all these little Celestias got loose around the castle? It be like the Parasprite episode, except with more trolling than eating. I could see a fanfic of this... ...with a twist that they out chaos Discord, making him reluctantly help the Mane 6 undo the mess.
    Fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    My Little Pony LI: We must construct additional ponies!
    SPAWN
    MORE
    PONYLORDS
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    SPAWN
    MORE
    PONYLORDS
    Aditional Pony-depots required

(The Pylon one is the most recognizable, if i remember correctly)

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #1398

I'll vote for ponythread LI: Spawn more Ponylords
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

I'll vote for ponythread LI: Spawn more Ponylords
    Eh. Same here.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Best Servant. Best Pony. Best King.

Spoiler
    Show
    But how does Bucephalus work in this context though since he was considered a Heroic Spirit in his own right merely for a being Alexander's moun.... oh wait figured it out.

21. - Top - End - #1401

Good job now I can't get the Alexander the Great anime out of my head.
    The codpieces...
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Like the episode of buffy with her and faith!
    That was fun.
    Ot those couple of episodes of Xena when they replaced Lucy Lawlass ('cos of injury) with what'sherface (Callistro?)'s actress, of that episode of Voyager with the Doctor possessing Seven, or that one episode of Farscape, or possible the best, that episode of SG-1 when that artefact made them all bodyswap...

Huh, actually, they've done that well with live action more times than I thought...

(Red Dwarf cheated, though...)

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

My Little Pony LI: Stashing Ponythreads In Case of Ponythread Emergency

if too long Stashing Ponies In Case of Pony Emergency
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-08-10 at 01:37 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Good job now I can't get the Alexander the Great anime out of my head.
    The codpieces...
    Watch Fate/Zero instead, Rider's job is to be awesome and be awesomer. Its like if a red haired Kamina was summoned in the Grail War.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    My Little Pony LI: Stashing Ponythreads In Case of Ponythread Emergency

if too long Stashing Ponies In Case of Pony Emergency
    I believe we did that one already

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #1406

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Watch Fate/Zero instead, Rider's job is to be awesome and be awesomer. Its like if a red haired Kamina was summoned in the Grail War.
    I'm sorry, all thought processes are hijacked by Reign of the Conqueror.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'm sorry, all thought processes are hijacked by Reign of the Conqueror.
    Quick get this pony some awesome stat!

*injects*

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

short(~2,000 words) story you should read (if you can handle puns)
    http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4405...kness/Part-One

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I believe we did that one already
    no..it was proposed but not used
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-08-10 at 01:59 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Barbarian in the Playground

Now that I remember, how many people reacted to something like Dash did to Daring doo (liking it and suddenly horrified for doing so)? I remember doing that to Fallout: Equestria after reading it

...Is it just me feeling disliked like always or suddenly everyone's ignoring me afte I said the show wasn't my cup of tea?
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1410

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Now that I remember, how many people reacted to something like Dash did to Daring doo (liking it and suddenly horrified for doing so)? I remember doing that to Fallout: Equestria after reading it

...Is it just me feeling disliked like always or suddenly everyone's ignoring me afte I said the show wasn't my cup of tea?
    We must shun the outsider! Shun him!

On a more serious note, I don't think so. I guess there is the awkwardness and weird looks I get whenever I buy a pony toy at the store, so there is that, but aside from that, not really. I tend to like what I like and let other people like what they like [so long as their likes don't include something like "torturing kittens" or the like...]. Life is much easier that way.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs