New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Game: Give your fellow forumites a class

Quote Originally Posted by Jaryn View Post
    OK, decided to stop prevaricating and post properly.

Profession: Marketer (although currently doing a secondment as an ESG analyst)
    Relationship: Married
    Education: Masters degree, Bachelors degree, two diplomas
    Hobbies: Traditional storytelling, martial arts, hiking, reading, theatre, gaming, travel
    Myer-Briggs: ENFP
    Other: Love animals and nature, volunteer at a homeless shelter, used to be a professional actor, vegan for environmental reasons, spiritual, generally quite multifaceted

@Jaryn
    Background: Entertainer

Class: Paladin (Oath of Ancients)

Okay a ways back I promised a biography:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    ...Of course I give permission for myself, but I'm at work and will have to edit in a biography later, but until then, from a different thread:
    When I last took the
    What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?
    test it said that I'm a "Lawful Good Human Wizard (7th Level)", which feels strange and somehow dishonest.

So let's see...

..."A dungeon is a room or cell in which prisoners are held, especially underground"

So for my employer (The City and County of San Francisco, A.K.A. Lankhmar),

I have:

Gone on quests (searched for any remaining intact plumbing under the piers),

Explored ruins (the former Naval base, shipyards, and let's face it most of the rest of the buildings are "well used")

Seeking treasure (look for plumbing fixtures to steal/salvage from the abandoned 6th floor Jail, for use on the 7th floor Jail).

Also, I've encountered monsters (had Sea Lions surface next to me under the piers, one seemed to be the size of a VW Microbus!, plus... well the inmates), crawled through underground tunnels, entered crypts (I've had many jobs in the autopsy room), looted dark passageways (the Jail cell plumbing chases looking for parts to use for the occupied cells), and I'm a Guild member (Plumbers and Steamfitters, Local 38!).

Seems that I'm a dungeon delving Guild Thief (I hope Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser don't slay me )!

So here goes:

Me:
    • Married for decades I'd describe my wife as "A half-elf Sage Background Barbarian/Rogue, have two sons a 14 year-old and a 3 year-old
    • Well read (co-workers have called me "the professor") but under-educated, tested out of high school early, had one year of community college (Cultural Anthropology, and European History were my favorite classes there) while I was still high school aged before having to leave school and get a job, served a five year plumbing apprenticeship
    • While a teenager volunteered at a radio station KALX, and at the "Gilman Street Project" music club, had lots of friends then, was thanked on some record liner notes and named in a song
    • Some jobs:
      • Manual labor with my Dad who was "self-employed" (had tools snd a truck) including mason and roofing work from a very young age,
      • Video rental and camera shop for two years,
      • Attendant for the handicapped for four years,
      • Motorcycle shop for seven years,
      • Union apprentice and Journeyman plumber in private industry for eleven years,
      • Currently a City plumber, and have been for eight years.
    • Very much like old and familiar things
    • Very lazy and out of shape
    • Like bicycling and long slow walks
    • Was a fencer for a year in high school and was terrible at it (my DM and best friend also was in the class and was good at it), the rubber tip broke off from my opponents epee and I was stabbed in my arm leaving a "dueling scar" that I was proud of and was sad when it healed and was no longer visible two years latter
    • I buy and own way too many books, I doubt that I'll live long enough to read them all.
    • Susanna Clark, Fritz Leiber, and Michael Moorcock are my favorite authors.
    • I don't like change, but fortunately I grew up in a place "ahead of its time" so some changes that many others find new just don't seem that way to me.
    • Lived in an apartment in the "inner city" for decades, moved to a house in the 'burbs' six years ago.
      It's like heaven.
    • Most everywhere outside of the "fogbelt" feels too damn hot to me.
    • Most of the U.S.A. sounds like it gets way too cold!
    • I'd really like some corned beef with mustard right now please.
    • Potatoes with catsup would be good as well.
    • May I please get a pint or three of NewCastle Brown Ale?
    • I could watch Helen Mirren in Excalibur over and over again!
    • Diana Rigg and Michelle Yeoh are no slouches in the 'watchable' category either!
    • Video games give me headaches, I only play them when my son insists.
    • Even though I stood in a long line to see Michael Keating in Bat man, I just don't enjoy new superheroes movies much.
      Some things bern lost by me.
    • A Chimes at Midnight/The Seven Samurai double feature sounds good about now
    • Han shot first
    • The Empire Strikes Back was AWESOME!
    • The Return of the Jedi was LAME! freakin' Viet Cong teddy bears, really George?

• By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged!

Wherever you go, there you are.

But this goes to eleven.

What about you centurion, do you think there's anything funny?

• Also, I hate sports...
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

@2D8HP - hmm... Maybe a forge cleric?

As for myself, I would be happy with an ancients paladin or a land druid.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jaryn View Post
    @2D8HP - hmm... Maybe a forge cleric?

As for myself, I would be happy with an ancients paladin or a land druid.
    Yeah I agree Ancients Paladin for you.
    CENTER]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

SNIP
    It took a couple of readings, but I think I would go with Arcane Trickster Rogue, Urchin Background with downtime spend on Smith tool proficiency. Intelligent, but not as much formal education, varied background, comfortable in the city. I don't particularly like the "alone, orphaned, and poor" part of the urchin background for you, but otherwise it feels right to me (especially the city secrets feature)
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

2D8 hp is obviously a wizard and anyone who thinks plumbry is simple enough for being in the range of tool proficiencies is odd.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    2D8 hp is obviously a wizard and anyone who thinks plumbry is simple enough for being in the range of tool proficiencies is odd.
    Never said it was simple, I suck at and hate plumbing so I have the utmost respect for those who can do it well. My thought on it, though, was that Wizard tend to be more in classroom/book taught whereas other are more learning through doing, hence why I went with that. This is a case where modern life doesn't translate well into the abstractions of the magical D&D world (at least in my mind).

I mean realistically most of the people on this forum aren't trained in weapons as well as the average sorcerer is in the D&D world (although I've seen some exceptions in this thread), so you have to abstract out somewhat.
    Last edited by nickl_2000; 2019-06-24 at 07:35 AM.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

I tend to agree with nickl_2000 and go Arcane Trickster Rogue for 2D8HD.

Maybe Detective from City Watch, just more focused on hunting down useful items, instead of people?

I was thinking Thief, but while plumbing can require climbing, it's not enough of a focus to really lock Thief in.

But Arcane Trickser gives a lot of the needed Skills, and very useful spell options.

D&D Wizards seem (to me) to be more of a combination of book and field then they get credit for in most stories.

Where Sorcerers might be treated as lots more field than book.

I don't feel that 2D8HD needs to do any Multiclassing to get what he needs.

So, if not Arcane Trickster, I'd say a custom Guild Artisan, Shadow Sorcerer.
    but less creepy.

This is both interesting and fun!
    My Knowledge, Understanding, and Opinion on things can be changed
    No offense is intended by anything I post.
    *Limited Playtest Group - I'm mostly Stuck in the White Room.
    *I am learning valuable things, here. So thanks, everyone!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Great Dragon View Post
    This is both interesting and fun!
    I agree. I’ve enjoyed this topic.

Also thinking I’ll probably end up using the ‘me’ character in a future campaign someday.

Luckily, I’ve only got to narrow it down between Horizon Walker or Monster slayer :)
    CENTER]

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Me:
    Spoiler: My description
    Show

--Age 56, Male, average appearance
    --I fenced modern saber until I took an arrow (well, a steel fragment) to the knee; then I fought SCA style, usually greatsword or spear. Learned the theory just fine, but wasn't fast enough to really be good at it, and I'm slower now than I was 30 years ago.
    --my job was technical sales (i.e. knowing enough about the product to solve a customer's problems, not just cajoling them to buy). I don't enjoy schmoozing or parties.
    --stats: I can lift at least 130lb, I have decent but not outstanding reflexes, I can walk all day as long as it's not too uphill, I rarely get sick (although at 56 there are inevitable aches and pains), I read 50-70 books per year and have a high IQ, I have a pretty good Perception (but not Insight), I usually am the party Face unless I actively avoid it, and I did pretty well at sales.
    --I retired at 50 and usually travel overseas at least a month a year (I'm in France for six months now), visiting castles and military museums and wherever my wife wants to go.
    -When I'm playing first person shooter games, I prefer sniping from cover.
    Junior, half orc paladin of the Order of St Dale the Intimidator: "Ah cain't abide no murderin' scoundrel."

Tactical Precepts: 1) Cause chaos, then exploit it; 2) No plan survives contact with...(sigh)...my subordinates.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laserlight View Post
    Me:
    Spoiler: My description
    Show

--Age 56, Male, average appearance
    --I fenced modern saber until I took an arrow (well, a steel fragment) to the knee; then I fought SCA style, usually greatsword or spear. Learned the theory just fine, but wasn't fast enough to really be good at it, and I'm slower now than I was 30 years ago.
    --my job was technical sales (i.e. knowing enough about the product to solve a customer's problems, not just cajoling them to buy). I don't enjoy schmoozing or parties.
    --stats: I can lift at least 130lb, I have decent but not outstanding reflexes, I can walk all day as long as it's not too uphill, I rarely get sick (although at 56 there are inevitable aches and pains), I read 50-70 books per year and have a high IQ, I have a pretty good Perception (but not Insight), I usually am the party Face unless I actively avoid it, and I did pretty well at sales.
    --I retired at 50 and usually travel overseas at least a month a year (I'm in France for six months now), visiting castles and military museums and wherever my wife wants to go.
    -When I'm playing first person shooter games, I prefer sniping from cover.
    There is only so much I can get in, but given the training in SCA and fencing (and your comment about not being fast enough) I feel like you should be a strength based martial. My initial thought is Oath of Devotion Paladin. The tenets of Honesty and Honor seem to fit in extremely well the with impression you give of your sales, and a charisma class makes you a good party face.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

This is so interesting I have to give it a try.

Me:•Age: 32, male

•In a relationship for nearly 10 years, no marriage.

•I enjoy reading different P&P rulebooks and accepted the fact that I will never play half of them.

•Was in the military for nine months, I hated it, but could handle a gun ok, though I was still a bit fearful every time I hold one, got told by the instructors that they watch me very closely because I was too quiet.

•Work as a study nurse, basically what a nurse does for patients I do for clinical studies lots of work with private data, sometimes very repetitive, basically no contact with patients.

•I'm very lazy but recently I'm able to jog 3 times a week and get riding lessons once a week (just for fun and a blessing on my back, seriously.)

•Did a lot of LARP a few years and enjoyed screaming my spells on the face of people, but liked melee to much to just hang back and cast spells.

•I'm living in a small village, 5 years ago I buyed my first chickens and know have something like 30 on the big garden, where I like to watch them just being chickens.

•I can drive a car, but I use public transport every day to get to work and actually enjoy it. Gives me time to play some games or catch up on a good read.

•Sometimes, I don't know why, People just come to me and tell me their problems. I can't really solve them but I can at least listen and try to reassure them.

•I read mostly Fantasy and Horror.

•I'm generally a quiet Person, but not when I talk to something I'm actually interested in (P&P, a very interesting book, chicken stories.)

•I drink tea at home and coffee at work.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post

•I enjoy reading different P&P rulebooks and accepted the fact that I will never play half of them.

•Was in the military for nine months, I hated it, but could handle a gun ok, though I was still a bit fearful every time I hold one, got told by the instructors that they watch me very closely because I was too quiet.

•Work as a study nurse, basically what a nurse does for patients I do for clinical studies lots of work with private data, sometimes very repetitive, basically no contact with patients.

•I'm very lazy but recently I'm able to jog 3 times a week and get riding lessons once a week (just for fun and a blessing on my back, seriously.)

•Did a lot of LARP a few years and enjoyed screaming my spells on the face of people, but liked melee to much to just hang back and cast spells.

•I'm living in a small village, 5 years ago I buyed my first chickens and know have something like 30 on the big garden, where I like to watch them just being chickens.

•I can drive a car, but I use public transport every day to get to work and actually enjoy it. Gives me time to play some games or catch up on a good read.

•Sometimes, I don't know why, People just come to me and tell me their problems. I can't really solve them but I can at least listen and try to reassure them.

•I'm generally a quiet Person, but not when I talk to something I'm actually interested in (P&P, a very interesting book, chicken stories.)

•I drink tea at home and coffee at work.
    Lore cleric?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    •I drink tea at home and coffee at work
    Both melee and spell caster in combat, so always in the thick of things. Training as a healer, but not focused on it like a Life Cleric. More of a wisdom based class than charisma due to being more introverted. You live in a small village with a garden and a lo of chickens (that you enjoy watching). I'm going Nature Cleric for you. You have taken Animal Handling at level 1. You have a custom background as a military medic which gives you perception and medicine.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Lore cleric?
    Lore Cleric? Do you mean Lore Bard or Knowledge Cleric?
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I really like Nature Cleric.

Thanks a lot nickl_2000.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Okay, I'm really on the fence about this, since I am a strong proponent of 'do not appeal to authority of knowledge or position you decline to back up (and please don't, since that would be doxing yourself).' However, we're clearly not doing this to win any argument, so here goes.

So here goes:

Me:•45 Years old
    •Married ~10 years to love of my life, whom I met when I was ~30 (detail just to clarify that I didn't marry my HS/college sweetheart, or anything).
    •Midwesterner
    •Homeowner
    •Dog owner
    •Director of Digital Release Governance (I guess you would say I'm 'a boss' who tells people who really work for a living what to do ), work at the intersection of medical IT and law.
    •Bachelors with majors and minors in Cell and Molecular Biology, Undergraduate Business Law, and Computer Engineering
    •MBA
    •PhD in Health Services Analysis and Administration (should have stopped at masters)
    •No military service (came of age in that lull period between end of the cold war and 9/11. Any other decade and I would have made a different choice)
    •Studied fencing and martial arts as a teen (like so many of us) until real world violence and a lifelong injury gave me a new perspective on any but the most abstract pretend (i.e. TTRPG) violence (as well as 'what we do to communicate manliness').
    •Used to be enthusiastic cyclist, although dog-walking and taking the stairs at work are my current exercise.
    •Standard middle-age pudge (although compared to the national average, I guess I'm doing pretty well)
    •More into pulp adventure and period pieces than sci-fi/fantasy.
    •Former storied carreer in community theater with such roles as 'guy on the right,' 'store clerk,' and 'suitor #4.'
    •Recovering alcoholic and sponsor for the same
    Last edited by Willie the Duck; 2019-06-25 at 11:46 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    Okay, I'm really on the fence about this, since I am a strong proponent of 'do not appeal to authority of knowledge or position you decline to back up (and please don't, since that would be doxing yourself).' However, we're clearly not doing this to win any argument, so here goes.

So here goes:

Me:•45 Years old
    •Married ~10 years to love of my life, whom I met when I was ~30 (detail just to clarify that I didn't marry my HS/college sweetheart, or anything).
    •Midwesterner
    •Homeowner
    •Dog owner
    •Director of Digital Release Governance (I guess you would say I'm 'a boss' who tells people who really work for a living what to do ), work at the intersection of medical IT and law.
    •Bachelors with majors and minors in Cell and Molecular Biology, Undergraduate Business Law, and Computer Engineering
    •MBA
    •PhD in Health Services Analysis and Administration (should have stopped at masters)
    •No military service (came of age in that lull period between end of the cold war and 9/11. Any other decade and I would have made a different choice)
    •Studied fencing and martial arts as a teen (like so many of us) until real world violence and a lifelong injury gave me a new perspective on any but the most abstract pretend (i.e. TTRPG) violence (as well as 'what we do to communicate manliness').
    •Used to be enthusiastic cyclist, although dog-walking and taking the stairs at work are my current exercise.
    •Standard middle-age pudge (although compared to the national average, I guess I'm doing pretty well)
    •More into pulp adventure and period pieces than sci-fi/fantasy.
    •Former storied carrier in community theater with such roles as 'guy on the right,' 'store clerk,' and 'suitor #4.'
    •Recovering alcoholic and sponsor for the same
    Wizard (it is the only int based class in dnd 5e and is the closest thing to people who study science from real life)
    Last edited by noob; 2019-06-25 at 09:05 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Firbolg in the Playground

MonkGirl

Wizard (it is the only int based class in dnd 5e and is the closest thing to people who study science from real life)
    Medical Sciences (like me sort of) may lend themselves to Knowledge Cleric instead... Lore Bard is also always an option if the field of study is diverse enough

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Naanomi View Post
    Medical Sciences (like me sort of) may lend themselves to Knowledge Cleric instead... Lore Bard is also always an option if the field of study is diverse enough
    The only problem is that it fails at grasping the fact that the best people in medical science are generally very smart while an knowledge cleric can gigadump their int to -infinity and have no problems at all.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

*Whoooah*… I, uh. Man, you couldn't have known but that kinda hits a soft spot. I don't know if I can be an Int-based class. Thing is, I've been vaguely successful at things--I'm in an executive position, making 'big important decisions' (and apparently well enough at it that they keep me around). So I'm doing good, making my DC checks or the like. And I was a smart person... one head-wound ago. Now I'm a person of decent intelligence who knows how to keep their limitations out of the way. Is there maybe a way to do it with expertise, instead of Int-based?

The only problem is that it fails at grasping the fact that the best people in medical science are generally very smart while an knowledge cleric can gigadump their int to -infinity and have no problems at all.
    Lore bard with expertise and 14 Int? I mean, my entertainment portfolio is miniscule (and no instrument experience), but there are bards who don't take performance. I've never done any training towards being a reverend, so I don't know about knowledge cleric, otherwise that might work.
    Last edited by Willie the Duck; 2019-06-26 at 07:56 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81

MonkGirl

Training to being a reverend is a Background (Acolyte), not the class; and just because you *can* dump INT doesn’t mean you did (I doubt I’m particularly ‘optimized’ myself)

22. - Top - End - #82

Willie: You know your limitations, and very much respect the abilities and knowledge of the people around you. You feel called to a higher purpose (the 'would have' on military) and enjoy learning about things in their own time. You're not an adventurer, but in a different time, different life, you'd be a Knowledge Cleric. People often conflate Wis and Intelligence; in previous editions, I'd have pointed out that Profession (Student) and Profession (Healer) were Wisdom skills, even if Medicine and Arcana were Int.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

BlackDragon

Don't see anything to change.

*Looks for something to EB*

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll give it a shot.

Education: Master's Degree (Library Studies), Bachelor's Degree (Linguistics)
    Income: Supported by my other half
    Occupation: Nominally board game designer. No games released yet.
    Hobbies: Video Games, Board/Card Games, Pen and Paper Games, Fantasy Books. I have dabbled in the creation of all of these. The local board game store people like playing my board/card game prototypes. I enjoy music but don't like having to choose it so I use Pandora a lot. A capella, metal, and chiptunes are my most common stations. I like to cook also, but only for an audience.
    Pets: Two dogs and a cat.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

"GitP regulars as build stubs," huh?

Very well. I give permission.

I'll keep this info light. I'm secretive.

Specialization: Chemist.
    Hobbies: Video Games, Military History, Art, Design, Reading, Music
    MB: INTJ
    Other: Enjoys outdoors. Prefers chilly temps. Likes to build builds for building's sake. Often daydreaming or lost in thought.
    Is not a moth.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2019-06-29 at 10:35 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

26. - Top - End - #86

BlackDragon

Greetings!

@MoleMage:
    Part of the problem is that a lot of "Nerds" fall into either "non-musical" (Lore) Bard, or Artificer/Wizard.

But, I'm thinking maybe another "Tinkerer":

Warlock: (IMO) sure the "Patron" gig can make it seem to be somewhere between Cleric and Wizard, but I kinda look at them a little more like "connected" Sorcerers. Increasing Power through mild research, lots of experimentation and Contractual Deals with a like-minded Entity.

For you, I'm going Celestial with Chain.
    Yes, I know you didn't put anything about Faith.
    But for me, it's about the fact that you are focused on creating things that can increase the "joy" of others. Which says Warlock over Cleric or Paladin.

@Snowbluff
    Transmutation Wizard (chemist) with Custom Background from Military.
    Hobbies are for everyone!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Interesting idea. Normally I'm quite reluctant about sharing personal info on the internet, especially on a forum where you can be quite anonymous. Took me a while to decide writing this post, and I really hope it won't bite me in the hindside.

• Current Job: been on Sickness Benefit for a few months now due to a broken voice, but it's getting better
    • single, living happily alone with just my cat *)
    • University: studied English, forced to break off my Bachelor for financial reasons. Later my employer funded studies for Customer Contact and Manager, which I did finish
    • religion is vastly different in D&D because there, gods are real and have a visible impact on the world - unlike in the real world where it's all belief without proof. So I could see a D&D version of me following a deity even though real me is very non-religious
    • Previous Jobs: organising events, administration, customer contact
    • Other Jobs: I'm doing volunteer work within Mensa - regional coordinator, moderating special interests mailing lists, organised some (national) events
    • spent half a year designing my own escape room, which I ran a few times for an event just a week ago
    • I'm quite creative, but also very practical about it - why bother making something if it just ends up gathering dust in a drawer/cabinet in a back room somewhere?
    • Hobbies outside of spending way to much time on D&D forum: cooking, board games, computer games, anything Medieval/fantasy, reading
    • Regarding Cooking: this really is my passion. Were it not for practical downsides, I would've loved to have my own little tavern where I can make people happy with my food - instead I just make my family/friends/colleagues happy, and judging from their enthusiastic responses my food is quite good ^^
    • I know at least a little about many subjects, and am very inclined to do research to learn more - not only because I need to, but often just out of curiosity
    • I brew mead and beer, I dry beef jerky and fruit, and I'm about to start learning how to make kefir/kombucha
    • Live in a large flat in the suburbs (top floor - 13th, because I love the view and the inability to look inside). I prefer living in a quiet area with lots of trees, while still only a 10-minute bike ride away from the centre
    • I'm an HSP, still finding it difficult to find a balance and learn to use it to my advantage, but I'm getting there
    • INFJ, for those who give it any value
    • I'm a girl who needs the basics (plumbing, internet, a decent bed), but I can't get enough of natural environments - I very much enjoy walking or cycling in parks or the countryside. I hold nature very dear to me and think it's very important to recycle, to preserve natural areas, to look into non-fossilised fuels, etc

*) a snipped ginger/white male named Lord Charles 'Washburne' Purrington of Tookborough, First of His Name, Toucher of Fishies. Charlie for short. Although I usually call him 'schijtbeest' because he's an annoying headstrong little bugger who does his own thing and has the audacity to talk back when I berate him. In other words, he takes after the missus...
    Last edited by Maelynn; 2019-06-30 at 06:51 AM.
    Just remember... if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

28. - Top - End - #88

BlackDragon

@Maelynn:
    (Sage) Divine Soul Sorceress with Familiar.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Employment: Working retail atm, but have worked programming jobs in the past and am looking to get back into that.

Education: Some college but dropped out. I do far better self teaching.

Relationship status: Long term girlfriend

Hobbies: Gaming. lol. I read a lot, but I haven't read a book in over a year. I mostly read or study random topics online. Publicly available academic papers, especially on physics. I just enjoy seeking knowledge.

Values: Against harm and all the usual. Borderline free speech absolutist and value truth and the spread of accurate information. Despise those who lie or manipulate to achieve their ends, especially if it hurts those disadvantaged.

Personality: People say I can be overly logical and dispassionate, but I rely on intuition a lot as well. I just try to make sure I'm right before I decide on stuff. I joke around a lot, and can often be crass or offensive with my sense of humor, but I don't like hurting people. I'm told I'm very loyal. I like helping my close friends and can't really say no to someone in aid usually.

Religion: I am not religious but I'm not atheist either. Fairly agnostics leaning atheist, but I don't feel comfortable telling people what to believe or speaking with certainty. I would genuinely like to believe in God. I was religious when I was younger and think Judeo-Christian values are sound, as are the values of many other religions. If I knew God was real I would be religious.

Other: I love animals. Especially cats. But I rarely go outside or anything. Not because I hate the outsider but because I don't like being around people in an urban area. When I visit friends in rural areas I enjoy being outdoors a lot more. I am not physically active but not weak. I do have pretty much guaranteed dump stat con because of weak genes. I used to play piano but haven't in years but I'm trying to get back into it.
    Last edited by Garresh; 2019-06-30 at 10:53 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90

DwarfFighterGuy

Color me intrigued! I have no idea what others will think of me, so permission granted.

• Born on one side of the continent, attended college on the other.
    • Met my significant other at college, just got married after dating for 7 years
    • Got a bachelor's in Natural Resources with a minor in Archaeology
    • Did field work in Republic of North Macedonia for a couple months before entering the workforce as a librarian and administrative assistant
    • Grew up on a farm and didn't enjoy it. Did enjoy having 14 cats and a dog though
    • Currently, I have a cat, a tortoise, and a dove. I absolutely adore animals of all shapes and sizes.
    • Male, 27
    • 1st Degree Black Belt in Shudokan Karate
    • Fairly proficient archer and avid attender of Renaissance fairs, as a guest and as a vendor
    • Outside of lurking on the forum, I play board games, computer games, hike, and cook
    • I've built a fully functional trebuchet (and I'll do it again!)
    • Mostly DMs, but occasionally gets to be a player
    • Been playing D&D since I was 5 or so
    • I really enjoy art and music but have zero skill in producing it
    • I enjoy listening to people's life stories and beliefs. Helps me understand them and improve the validity of my own beliefs. How will I know my beliefs are solid unless I test and compare them?
    • Lives on ten acres of woodland in a remote region
    • I come off as a bit introverted but I'm actually quite talkative and friendly. Only with select people though
    • Where I grew up still thinks of D&D as demon worship. I still have a bit of a paranoia discussing that
    • I completed a year of engineering in College and most of my best friends are engineers
    • Definitely atheist. Was jokingly "anti-theist" for a while (we believe in God but we hate him), but sincerely atheist
    Last edited by NRSASD; 2019-06-30 at 10:55 AM.