New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: The Jellicle Ball

Um, I don't know much to say in my defense beyond I've been trying to help the Town. Note that this "The Cult" could be the wolves making a move, or the Cult wanting to eliminate someone they strongly (and rightly, I'll add) think would betray them if converted. This also draws attention away from the Town learning anything about attitudes on the wagons already present.

But I get the votes; I'd probably join a wagon such as this one if it were on someone else, barring of course better evidence to vote anybody else.

Also for the Town (and especially if I die today): Jenny, I posted something to my thread with Aventine. You might have better actions to do tonight, but just a suggestion to help pinpoint a foe or confirm an ally. (And if you check the timestamps, it's before the Cult posted that message. Or, well, if it isn't, before I or anyone else noticed the message from "The Cult".)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Um, I don't know much to say in my defense beyond I've been trying to help the Town. Note that this "The Cult" could be the wolves making a move, or the Cult wanting to eliminate someone they strongly (and rightly, I'll add) think would betray them if converted. This also draws attention away from the Town learning anything about attitudes on the wagons already present.

But I get the votes; I'd probably join a wagon such as this one if it were on someone else, barring of course better evidence to vote anybody else.

Also for the Town (and especially if I die today): Jenny, I posted something to my thread with Aventine. You might have better actions to do tonight, but just a suggestion to help pinpoint a foe or confirm an ally. (And if you check the timestamps, it's before the Cult posted that message. Or, well, if it isn't, before I or anyone else noticed the message from "The Cult".)
    Sounds pretty town to me. But to be fair, I expect Valmark and bunny of faith will be the top suspects tomorrow if you flip town.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Sounds pretty town to me. But to be fair, I expect Valmark and bunny of faith will be the top suspects tomorrow if you flip town.
    Yeah. I guess at least my death will give intel. But I admit I'd much rather we gain intel by lynching someone deserving of it instead.

Also, I realized since my last statement that, by "pressure vote", people meant pressure to claim. (At first I wasn't sure what exactly the 'pressure' was for.) I'm still reluctant to, in case I do survive today. I'd rather cult/mafia have to guess about if I'm really vanillager or powered. Of course, I could just claim vanillager, and leave it to everyone to question if I'm lying or not--but that basically invalidates the purpose of my claiming.

Also also, it's late my time zone. I'll weigh the pros and cons of claiming a bit more tomorrow when I've (hopefully) had some sleep. If I understand correctly what time Day ends, I still have tomorrow morning to make a more coherent statement and hope for the best.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not an actual post but I just noticed that Apogee is voting Logan - I had Apogee as not voting so I wanna correct that.

Current vote count:

Bunny of Faith 1 (CaoimhinTheCape)
    Logan1996 2 (JoyWonderLove, Apogee1)
    Valmark 2 (Book Wombat, JeenLeen)
    JeenLeen 3 (Valmark, Aventine, Logan1996)

No vote: 2 (gac3, Unavenger)
    No posts: 2 (flat_footed, Bunny of Faith)

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

1. Jeen should definitely claim. Who cares if cult/Mafia know who you are if you don't survive the day? We could easily try to lynch someone else for throwing shade at you if you convince us.

2. Of Valmark and BOF, Valmark is the one who still has multiple votes on him. So if Jeen is innocent then I'd start there. Simply because the wolves counter wagon might have switched to their new more obvious target. Just a guess.

3. I know why I'm not voting. Why is Unavenger not voting?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

End Of Day Two

The disappearance of such a friendly queen set the Jellicles all aflutter, and a short argument took place trying to figure out who's fault it was that the conversations had gotten so much less energized. At one point, one particular cat knocked down a trashed bulletin board and announced that the fairest way for anybody to present their accusations would be for everybody to leave, and for people with evidence to sneak back in and stick it to the board. This plan was considered very silly, for where was a cat to get thumb tacks at this time of night?

But lo and behold, not even an hour had passed when the Jellicles reconvened, and somebody had posted a photograph of the victim going off into a dark alley with the very cat who had set up the bulletin board - and later, a photo of that cat reemerging alongside an undisguised Macavity! The Jellicles looked to the cat in question, who sputtered out a weak defense: "I think the real question here is how any of us managed to operate a camera without thumbs!"

They were promptly chased out of the theatre by the handful of cats that actually cared about all this nonsense.

JeenLeen has been lynched. They were Grizabella.

Spoiler: JeenLeen Role PM
    Show
    JeenLeen/Grizabella
    "But then she went with Macavity..."

Every night, select one player. You see everybody who targets this player during the night, and you gain access to any non-faction QTs they currently have access to.

Night Two Ends ~48 hours from now

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh... So we know ther is a cult... And only 1

8. - Top - End - #158

WolfInSheepsClothing

This also means there is no longer any point in not throwing around networks like they're going out of fashion (or at least not because the wolves might get hold of them), since griza is dead and a culted jenny won't get the power.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Huh... So we know ther is a cult... And only 1
    Why would there be two of them?

- - - Updated - - -

Ooooh you mean there is only 1 cultist, not that there are two cults. That was weird in hindsight.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Wow. Wasn't in the thread yesterday for all the excitement, but this is actually really good for us! 1 wolf down, and presumably the cult didn't get a convert off last night. I say presumably because in theory the cult could have just faked and gotten lucky (I'll briefly explore this avenue come closer to the end of night) but it actually looks really good.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Wow. Wasn't in the thread yesterday for all the excitement, but this is actually really good for us! 1 wolf down, and presumably the cult didn't get a convert off last night. I say presumably because in theory the cult could have just faked and gotten lucky (I'll briefly explore this avenue come closer to the end of night) but it actually looks really good.
    Actually this is a valid point. The cult might have gotten lucky and targetted our seer who happened to shoot a wolf.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground

Should be morning by now, right?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    Should be morning by now, right?
    Maybe but I'm still hoping flat footed posts his action first.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Woke up a bit ago, been checking things over.

- - - Updated - - -

End Of Night Two

As the cats congratulated themselves for sniffing out one of the fiendish criminals lurking among them, another cat was sniffing out a particularly tasty treat. Unfortunately, when he finally located the source, and started digging in, the lid was locked onto the can.

CaoimhinTheCape is dead. He was Bustopher Jones.

Spoiler: CaoimhinTheCape Role PM
    Show
    CaoimhinTheCape/Bustopher Jones
    "He's the cat we all greet, as he walks down the street, in his coat of fastidious black!"

Every night, select one player. You learn that players alignment and role name.

Day Three Ends In ~48 Hours

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #165

WolfInSheepsClothing

Well that puts this into an interesting context:

Quote Originally Posted by CaomhinTheCape, by PM
    I realize you got a lot going on, there's nothing you need to act on but in case I die tonight I want to claim privately to you. Everyone else had a chance to counterclaim you (aside from Bunny of Faith) so I assume you're telling the truth.

I'm Bustopher Jones, but have been privately posting as the Vanillager named Deucalion.

Night 1 results: Book Wombat is a townie - the Vanillager named Komadia.

I didn't want to bring it up since I don't think it would have helped but I'm suspicious that they are Macavity. Either

- Book Wombat and JoyWonderLove are both Vanillagers and there's only 3 mafia members

- or one of them is Macavity.

In the public chat we have 4 Vanillager claims (but one of them is me) so I'm hoping it's only 3 wolves.

Oh, and QT link: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/uCnZ4DJvBVDd8

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

So... I reckon the potential mafia members are:

- Apogee1
    - Book Wombat
    - Bunny of Faith
    - Logan1996

While the cult could be:

- The same four people
    - Aventine

I honestly don't think Aventine wrote the Cult's message (I feel like that's not how she'd wrote it) so this leaves me with four people and either two mafia or three plus a cultist.
    Of these four I'd like to find the Cult first- so, let's see, Apogee1, have you got anything to say?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I'm talking about the power role that converts when I say Cult, I've got no idea who could have been converted tonight.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-06-25 at 01:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

RedKnightGirl

So, I knew Cape was lying about his Vanillager claim to me, but I would never have guessed he was the seer. Especially after he misrepresented my vote (I didn't vote day 2 stupidly; had IRL no time). Shows my radar needs tuning.

But it's kind of flattering TheCape thinks AV would actually give me the Mafia leader role. Despite my being being blamed for losing the Wolves the game last time by being away so much. While AV was also a wolf.

Little unlikely. Just a teeny bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Perhaps better odds, actually. I'm with others who doubt there are the full 4 wolves; even though there are enough players to accommodate 4 wolves, it seems too unbalanced to me to have 4 wolves, 2 neutrals, and a Cult. I'd guess 3 wolves, which means an extra vanillager.
    Given Jeen was with the Mafia/Wolf group, I'm slightly reluctant to belief the Mafia/Wolves only have 3 players. It could easily be a smokescreen to protect themselves and lure Town into a false sense of security. Yes, I appreciate that makes me look semi-suspect in light of Unavenger's post. No, I don't care. We have to figure things out.

This is something that concerns me, though:

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    In any case I'll first vote JoyWonderLove- Got any new feelings now that it's Day 2? Enough to actually vote, maybe?
    Given that JWL gave the exact wording for the vanillager role PM I find it hard to believe that she could have lied- there again, she could have been cultisized by now.
    Just look at how Caohimn simply asked me what my opinion was earlier, without voting for me, and I gave a giant wall of text to make him regret asking my honest opinion ever again.

It would have been incredibly easy for Valmark to not vote for me, and simply ask my opinion instead. Especially given the past few games Valmark and I have been perfectly comfortable talking. And it's known I don't do Day 1 voting. So what's changed for this game? Consider that, and then consider Valmark's odd debby downer style towards Town plans (I can appreciate mine is certainly flawed, but he wasn't a fan of Aventine's either, and he's refused to put out an alternative to either that's better). Finally, throw in that Valmark says on the same day he voted for me that I "gave the exact wording for the vaniallager role PM" that he thinks I'm being honest. If he fully thought I was really a Vaniallger (which I am), again, why vote for me in the first place? It doesn't make any real sense from a Town perspective. I honestly believe we're dealing with (dun, dun, dun) Wolfmark!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

So... I reckon the potential mafia members are:

- Apogee1
    - Book Wombat
    - Bunny of Faith
    - Logan1996

While the cult could be:

- The same four people
    - Aventine

I honestly don't think Aventine wrote the Cult's message (I feel like that's not how she'd wrote it) so this leaves me with four people and either two mafia or three plus a cultist.
    Of these four I'd like to find the Cult first- so, let's see, Apogee1, have you got anything to say?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I'm talking about the power role that converts when I say Cult, I've got no idea who could have been converted tonight.
    Not in particular. I find it interesting JWL concluded Jeen's message meant there were 4 wolves considering by my reckoning we would be crunched for how many vanillagers we have even with 3 wolves.

TBH Valmark I'm suspicious of you right now, partially for reasons JWL outlined that means you could be wolf, partially because I think you are a prime cult target (and possible leader I suppose).

Also: it's quite possible yesterday the cult saying Jeen was a mafia was literally a random guess that happened to actually hit a mafia. It came right when you were getting heat again, and as we saw happened there was very little opposition to that wagon after the claim (had I been on I would have not trusted the cult quite as readily as most of you). This would both imply you as likely cult and mean we are in even more danger from it. Also, as Jeen was the person who spent a lot of time trying to get the cult to turn on itself, he is probably the most lucrative fake claim from the perspective of the cult.

19. - Top - End - #169

Well, this probably won't sound convincing in any way but I am a Vanillager.
    My vote goes to Valmark for various reasons.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

d20 Re: The Jellicle Ball

Quote Originally Posted by JoyWonderLove View Post
    But it's kind of flattering TheCape thinks AV would actually give me the Mafia leader role. Despite my being being blamed for losing the Wolves the game last time by being away so much. While AV was also a wolf.

Little unlikely. Just a teeny bit.

Consider that, and then consider Valmark's odd debby downer style towards Town plans (I can appreciate mine is certainly flawed, but he wasn't a fan of Aventine's either, and he's refused to put out an alternative to either that's better).
    Aren't the roles random? Well, besides the three mafia who are player's choice.

And I was always supportive of Aventine's plan.

Yeah, that vote was just to grab your attention but it's plausible for it to look weird in hindsight.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Well, this probably won't sound convincing in any way but I am a Vanillager.
    My vote goes to Valmark for various reasons.
    You've been coppeeked as vanillager so congrats, it's pretty convincing.

Unless you are feeling guilty about something because you are Macavity?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

So... We could once again check the transcript.

I'm inclined to believe it.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not! XD

I should point out that whoever they are they didn't say it earlier and it's impossible to have found proof about me being the cult leader- even if you don't believe me, the only scrier alive IS the cult leader.

My theory would be that my list got dangerously close to whoever they are and the concerned cat is using the fake name to steer everybody towards me without exposing themselves.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not! XD

I should point out that whoever they are they didn't say it earlier and it's impossible to have found proof about me being the cult leader- even if you don't believe me, the only scrier alive IS the cult leader.

My theory would be that my list got dangerously close to whoever they are and the concerned cat is using the fake name to steer everybody towards me without exposing themselves.
    Well I mean... They could be a newly recruited cult member or they could be lying.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

True enough- I'd tell you to lynch me to prove my words, but I'm unsure we got enough people to risk that.

On another note, Book Wombat, what are your reasons? Besides the one already exposed Day 2 I mean.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I am strongly feeling like Book Wombat could be Macavity, and would like to add to the pressure.

27. - Top - End - #177

Sorry for the general radio silence over here! Also, I shall point at Book Wombat as well for the time being.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    I am strongly feeling like Book Wombat could be Macavity, and would like to add to the pressure.
    True enough- I'd tell you to lynch me to prove my words, but I'm unsure we got enough people to risk that.

On another note, Book Wombat, what are your reasons? Besides the one already exposed Day 2 I mean.
    Interesting you two come together and agree like this after all that earlier conflict onto a claimed and peeked VT. I know we have to find macavity and we have too many VT but still I'm starting to want to resurrect that Aventine cult theory, where the cult than converts Valmark or the other way around because it kind of makes a lot of sense from my POV

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Interesting you two come together and agree like this after all that earlier conflict onto a claimed and peeked VT. I know we have to find macavity and we have too many VT but still I'm starting to want to resurrect that Aventine cult theory, where the cult than converts Valmark or the other way around because it kind of makes a lot of sense from my POV
    Earlier conflict matters only so much when we agree, plus there is the possibility that with three factions we could be Town and Cult and still work together once >.>

On another note, claiming vanillager is less relevant then normal plus scrying is exactly why Ave said Macavity >.>

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Earlier conflict matters only so much when we agree, plus there is the possibility that with three factions we could be Town and Cult and still work together once >.>

On another note, claiming vanillager is less relevant then normal plus scrying is exactly why Ave said Macavity >.>
    Yeah but it's the classic dilemma with godfather esque roles. You assume the peek is accurate until you have to consider it not being or risk loosing. Like I know this, I brought up the chance of Wombat as Macavity first, but the way you and Aventine and now Bunny piled on in what looks like it could be a preservation of you susses me out

Valmark
    Last edited by Apogee1; 2020-06-26 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Vote Cross Out