New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords OOC

What caster level is the shocking grasp wand that Lebwen has?
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah...that is shonky luck indeed. I was reading the posts, thinking 'not too bad', but then I got to the last couple sentences. So that's what, 3 characters deaths in 2 fights?

Iris is a sensible lass (far more so than I) and will prefer a retreat right about now over death-or-glory. She has a few combat boosts but no spells or abilities that might decisively change the course of the fight

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Didn't we get some sort of hero points or similar when we joined the pathfinder society? Is there anything like that we can do to force a reroll of the crit?
    Not that I recall. You have Fame 1 and Prestige 1, which does not give all that much. This would be more if (some of) you are back with infos (even what you have so far should be some good), but, again, it's more about trying to have them resurrect the fallen. A feat of persuasion, I presume, and you'll have to have the corpses...

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

Well, Iris and Adalbert can probably get out of the immediate meat grinder, but not with two big corpses.
    Semper ludens.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ettin in the Playground

Assuming Iris and Adalbert can get out, I think we want to keep going?
    If only one person can be saved enough for raise dead I will let Litzuga take it. Though even getting her out, and enough gear to make getting a raise dead possible, is going to be hard.

I might make something with a Path of War class, as it seemed like Litzuga and Justin both had a lot more combat utility and more power, though I know I didn't build Lebwen nearly as powerfully as Magus's can be.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Troll in the Playground

Not gonna lie, I'm still upset about Lizuga's death. But, that's the game. Victory has no meaning if the threat of failure isn't real.

So, if we continue, should I be building for level 4 or 5? ;-)

And should I go for tanky healer again?
    Semper ludens.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

Realistically I think Iris and Adalbert will have to retreat to a "town" to recruit new heroes to recover the bodies. I don't think Iris and Adalbert have the offensive power to beat the dhamphir back and reclaim the bodies currently.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ettin in the Playground

Bear with me for the moment and don't do anything to the character sheets. I'll start handling tactical retreat this evening and we'll see what comes out of it.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, it's the problem of crits. A random enemy going down to a crit doesn't change much, but it's everything to a character and they'll see a lot more crits coming at them.

I'll see what happens, but if I need to build a new character it will probably take me a bit, traveling a lot for work and I just don't know the systems really well.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Realistically I think Iris and Adalbert will have to retreat to a "town" to recruit new heroes to recover the bodies. I don't think Iris and Adalbert have the offensive power to beat the dhamphir back and reclaim the bodies currently.
    I agree...short of some sort of subterfuge we're not going to win in a direct confrontation.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

He's probably fairly low, a few lucky arrows from Iris might do it, but getting those in is the hard part. But we'll have to see what happens, you living gives us a lot more options than you dying trying to recover a corpse.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ettin in the Playground

DrK and Iris not around?

Not much I can do right now, just trying to see what others are thinking on what's happening next

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, I did the classic “read and not reply” and then it fell off the subscription
    I’ll post today with the retreat

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ettin in the Playground

DrK and Iris not around?
    Yes, sorry for the delays.

The reading is easy for me to pick, but posting anything more thoughtful than 'I follow the party' is taking me a few days to get to at the moment :-/

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

Well that is an interesting development, interested to see how this develops. The first time I saw u-b's post though, I missed the line below the picture...

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ettin in the Playground

Lizuga can be played IC from now on. Other things worth mentioning:
    1. She gets +2 to all ability scores except the one she've put +2 into at character creation. World-class Azlanti bodies for you.
    2. She gets two permanent negative levels, which can be removed as usual.
    3. She gets the new picture.

The first time I saw u-b's post though, I missed the line below the picture...
    Because it wasn't there. I re-posted to bump up the tread when I got the reply from CasualViking and not making too-obvious doublepost.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

10 minutes to rejigger maneuvers to work without polearms, and Lizuga is ready to go back into the fight.
    Semper ludens.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    While the guard unlocks the door, Lizuga takes the opportunity to assess his condition (using Medic's Training).
    1 hit point at the moment.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, assuming Lebwen's corpse is to be buried, I think Erloas can safely make a new character. Some open questions about near future:
    1. I guess you are returning to Magnimar?
    2. From there, do you want to continue with this adventure or switch back to RotR adventure path? If the later, there will be a message for you.
    3. Do you prefer a team of four or a team of five? If the later, any specific preferences?

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ettin in the Playground

What sort of character does everyone else think I should make? The extra utility of the magus was nice, but Justin was tanking a lot better, I took a lot of hits.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

What sort of character does everyone else think I should make? The extra utility of the magus was nice, but Justin was tanking a lot better, I took a lot of hits.
    Well, a second frontliner would be nice, either from you or from recruiting a fifth.

As for what we are doing, Lizuga would want to return here, to get to the bottom of things. Leaving and not coming back would eat at her.
    Semper ludens.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Okay, assuming Lebwen's corpse is to be buried, I think Erloas can safely make a new character. Some open questions about near future:
    1. I guess you are returning to Magnimar?
    2. From there, do you want to continue with this adventure or switch back to RotR adventure path? If the later, there will be a message for you.
    3. Do you prefer a team of four or a team of five? If the later, any specific preferences?
    I think a brief retreat to Magnimar may be a good idea to recover/ recuperate, but I'd agree with Casual Viking I don't like "losing" so as a Player I'd be keen to head back to the lighthouse.
    If its okay with you @ U-B I'd like if adalbert could leave the party at that point (can explain it as shock/fear of going back where he watched 3 friends die). I made the sorcerer in the bardic style but its not my normal play style and probably won't enjoy it long term. Melee/ frontliners are much more in my wheelhouse
    Last edited by DrK; 2021-08-17 at 03:50 AM.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

Well, then we're gonna need another spellcaster.

(or, TBH, someone with a Cloak of the Hedge Wizard and a good Spellcraft roll)

Lizuga now has the ability to hand out Ghost Touch to the party, as well as a few other (non-Bane) +1 equivalents. Feat-wise, I'm waffling between getting betterat AoO and geting some non-combat healing in. Equipment-wise, there's a big Restoration bill coming.
    Semper ludens.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

I don't remember where we're at on the main AP. I think we still want someone bigger to come look at the rune well for us, or something? And from what I remember from the Card Game, we should be chasing ghosts in Foxglove Manor or a serial killer in Magnimar?
    Semper ludens.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

If its okay with you @ U-B I'd like if adalbert could leave the party at that point (can explain it as shock/fear of going back where he watched 3 friends die). I made the sorcerer in the bardic style but its not my normal play style and probably won't enjoy it long term. Melee/ frontliners are much more in my wheelhouse
    That's fine.
    I don't remember where we're at on the main AP. I think we still want someone bigger to come look at the rune well for us, or something? And from what I remember from the Card Game, we should be chasing ghosts in Foxglove Manor or a serial killer in Magnimar?
    You have exactly completed book one and left Sandpoint before any of book two events took place. Those two things are still waiting to happen, but there's no set timescale, so you can complete Lady's Light with no problem at all.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Well, then we're gonna need another spellcaster.

(or, TBH, someone with a Cloak of the Hedge Wizard and a good Spellcraft roll)

Lizuga now has the ability to hand out Ghost Touch to the party, as well as a few other (non-Bane) +1 equivalents. Feat-wise, I'm waffling between getting betterat AoO and geting some non-combat healing in. Equipment-wise, there's a big Restoration bill coming.
    Depending on what option I choose I may handle the spellcraft side

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    That's fine.
    Thanks U'b, much appreciated. I'll start pondering options for a new PC.
    Will that be 5th level, same state points as last time?
    - How would you like me to handle starting gear?

Current thoughts are.... a mystic from deserts of Quadira - so melee type with elemental boost and mysticm OR a stalker/vigliante who can maintain Trap finding, scouting and perception whilst also being good in melee, a third option would be a doughty dwarven warpriest. Depends a little on what the new look Lebwen will be and what the group will prefer.
    Last edited by DrK; 2021-08-17 at 09:10 AM.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ettin in the Playground

Will that be 5th level, same state points as last time?
    - How would you like me to handle starting gear?
    Level 5, yes. I believe we use 20 point-buy, so juggle the stats as appropriate, and don't forget the increase. Full WBL gear, but make it appear somewhat organic.

You two (or is it three) will meet the party through the Lodge, but you don't really have to be pathfinders nor quartered there if you don't want to. It would be enough if the Lodge knows that you would like to be contacted and the means how to do that. Still, probably you are in Magnimar.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm traveling again (a lot of the time now) so that mean's I'll either have a lot of time to build a list or no time at all, we'll see shortly. (I think it will be plenty of time right now) So I'll try to get something built.
    I could do another, more robustly build magus, if we think we need the extra spell utility, or I'll do a Path of Wars character. I was thinking a Zweihander Sentinel to landskneckt later, though I don't know if that would overlap too much with what ever new character DrK was going to do.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

@Erloas
    You choose what you fancy and I’ll fit around you
    Though sounds like it’ll be quite a melee oriented party

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ettin in the Playground

We were already pretty melee oriented because Adalbert generally didn't do a lot of direct combat options. The ranged magus build also seemed interesting, but I thought having more front line characters would mean one person doesn't have to do most of the tanking, as we've seen a lot of what we're fighting can drop us quickly with just a bit of luck.

Trying to use the magus utility spells when I otherwise need to be front and center to fight seemed like I was sort of split in role and use.
    Although building a more dexterous and finesse based magus could give me more survivability and keeping the spell utility.

I guess the other question is are we going to try to recruit for a 5th with the assumption that it will be a caster or partial caster? If Justin's replacement will be another front line tank, maybe I'll just build someone a bit less brash and a less likely to jump into the middle of things.