New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1458
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Unavenger, if Person A has a bane, and they bane Person B, and then both A and B are hit with kill powers, obviously A dies, but does person B die?
    Not ordinarily. Protection priority is before kill priority so the bane has probably already resolved at that point. If A is hit with a fast priority attack then they'll die before they have a chance to bane person B, so no matter what the priority on the kill against B is, they'll die, but if both kills are kill priority and the protection is protection priority, no, B will survive.

2. - Top - End - #1412

ClericGuy

Unavenger If someone has a fast or passive investigation power and they die, will they still get the information?
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

Unavenger If someone has a fast or passive investigation power and they die, will they still get the information?
    This is very important I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Some people need to change votes if we don't want to kill in Supa/BW btw.
    Is your kill fast? If not I'm fine with you shooting them and them still dying.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    RL calls - and it's the weekend - but I will try to be back during it sometime here.

Oh, and one last thing for further clarity. The I gave when I heard AV was going to copy my power - that's because I'd like them not to die too with using it. The bane power comes with a price. Anyone telling you otherwise is lying.
    I was never talking about copying your power though. In the quote you made the face about, I even mention that I need a power name to successfully copy, which you've not given me. I vouldn't your Bane even if I wanted to, which I don't and never did

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #1415

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    This is very important I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Is your kill fast? If not I'm fine with you shooting them and them still dying.
    Kill priority so no.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Barbarian in the Playground

Swinging back in, as it's a critical night, glad I did.

I see - well in that case....

Another fun effect of my bane (aside from me dying) is killing the attacker. Hence, me dying night 1 from protecting myself will have resulted in a wolf kill. This is why I don't think Blades attacking me is a good idea as that doesn't help town.

And yeah, I wanted to keep that secret, as wolves knowing means they don't attack meaning they don't die. (And I was so looking forward to that death scene....)

Seeing how this can only end up in a win now, with you experienced player's plans in this game. And role-blockers likely being eliminated. I see no reason to hold back.

There you have it. *drops mic*

Though if it backfires, I blame the silent ones for not sticking their necks out. :smallgrin:

And when I die, I'm going to write the longest parody in the history of parodies just to make sure gac3 has to convey it, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I will protect one of you. I didn't see where Book had a protection power though.

And Blades, you can choose to go with the blue votes to kill me, but it will end up being disastrous for you. I'm a keep my vote priority on Book, and secondary on Gac.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

Swinging back in, as it's a critical night, glad I did.

I see - well in that case....

Another fun effect of my bane (aside from me dying) is killing the attacker. Hence, me dying night 1 from protecting myself will have resulted in a wolf kill. This is why I don't think Blades attacking me is a good idea as that doesn't help town.

And yeah, I wanted to keep that secret, as wolves knowing means they don't attack meaning they don't die. (And I was so looking forward to that death scene....)

Seeing how this can only end up in a win now, with you experienced player's plans in this game. And role-blockers likely being eliminated. I see no reason to hold back.

There you have it. *drops mic*

Though if it backfires, I blame the silent ones for not sticking their necks out. :smallgrin:

And when I die, I'm going to write the longest parody in the history of parodies just to make sure gac3 has to convey it, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I will protect one of you. I didn't see where Book had a protection power though.

And Blades, you can choose to go with the blue votes to kill me, but it will end up being disastrous for you. I'm a keep my vote priority on Book, and secondary on Gac.
    I appreciate your confidence I will live until morning.

Also... Not to hate but... A beast power? Seriously? Isn't that one of the most Wolfy of wolf powers?

8. - Top - End - #1418

I appreciate your confidence I will live until morning.

Also... Not to hate but... A beast power? Seriously? Isn't that one of the most Wolfy of wolf powers?
    Maybe, but in this case it's not.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe, but in this case it's not.
    The only reason I'm willing to conceed that might be the case is because of the nature of this game.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

Fext:

oh yeah I should also mention that Taff deciding to kill me when everybody thought I could be the Serial Killer as the Serial Killer in order to confirm she is Neutral would be so incredibly dumb by conventional logic that there's no way it's her imo
    However I diagram with the premise. Unless I missed something, the situation seemed to me that Fext being the one to die was 100% irrelevant to the move, just a coincidence. I could be wrong however.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Wait... so Supagoof, you’re saying that
    - if someone you’re protecting is targeted by a kill, you die
    - if a night action would kill you, it also kills the attacker.

Right? As in, if bladescape directly targets you while you’re protecting someone else, he dies?

(I made a town Beast role in Evil Villains, so it’s not always a wolf power.)

If this is all correct, bladescape should probably shoot a neutral claimant. And if we still think Supagoof is a wolf he can be lynched tomorrow. (Though seeing as we should have the Ultimate Answer, that’s probably going to be irrelevant.)

(I interpreted the Taffimai kill in the same way as gac. Unless she’s lying, she didn’t have a choice who to kill.)
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 18
    Games as town: 28.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 30

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #1422

The mistake you guys are making right now is thinking I have a choice over who I kill.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's either Book or Supa right now due to votes but I haven't actually counted so lmao.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Rogan is voting for Book Wombat.

gac3 is voting for gac3, AvatarVecna and Book Wombat.

AvatarVecna is voting for Book Wombat.

Batcathat is voting for Book Wombat.

Metastachydium is voting for Book Wombat and Taffimai.

Elenna is voting for Book Wombat and Supagoof.

Moonfly7 is voting for Book Wombat (though they haven't bolded their vote).

Supagoof is voting for Book Wombat and gac3.

So I think everyone is currently voting for BW. There's a complete lack of consensus for second option. But yeah, killing Wombat works.

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #1424

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    If this is all correct, bladescape should probably shoot a neutral claimant. And if we still think Supagoof is a wolf he can be lynched tomorrow. (Though seeing as we should have the Ultimate Answer, that’s probably going to be irrelevant.)

(I interpreted the Taffimai kill in the same way as gac. Unless she’s lying, she didn’t have a choice who to kill.)
    I don't think we should shoot Book. If he is really a survivor with a protective power, he would have to protect himself in order to have a chance to win. If we agree not to shoot him, Book can help us by protecting AV.

I would prefer to avoid shooting Taff, since his power makes sense as a survivor. We might also see an SK kill tonight, so we could compare colors.

So, in order to provide alternative targets:
    Batcathat & Moonfly

Living Players

• AvatarVecna - Town read, but not mech clear
    • Snowblaze - Town read, buy possible SK
    • Batcathat - Can't be wolf
    • SupaGoof - strong wolf read
    • Taffimai - Survivor (locked neutral, SK unlikely)
    • gac3 - Town read, but not mech clear
    • Book Wombat - strong Wolf read. Neutral claim
    • Moonfly7 - Can't be wolf, possibly SK
    • BladeScape - Town locked (kill color)
    • Elenna - Town read, can't be Wolf
    • Metastachydium - Town locked (AVs lever & my prophecy)
    • Rogan - Town and likely to die tonight
    For reference about my reads.
    AV knew the town/wolf victory condition, the exact wording. AV is not the killer. We also need her as backup Prophet, so don't shoot her even if you think she is scum.
    Snow could be the killer if she doesn't need to be afraid of night kills. Otherwise, her wolf hunt would be too dangerous. But I read her as town. So... locked scum!
    Bat is someone I don't know how to read, without going back to analyze his posts. He could be the killer. Counter point is his guess about the victory condition of wolf and town being similar. So, less likely to be the killer, but I want to present the option.
    Supa seemed like a wolf with his conflicting info, but he provided an explanation. I change my rating to wolf lean, POE being the strongest argument. However his claimed power makes him a bad night target. He should protect me
    Taff can be survivor or killer and I think we might be able to get more info tonight without going for a kill there.
    Gac should stay alive so the dead can call.
    Book still reads as wolf, but his claimed power makes him a bad target tonight. He should protect AV.
    Moon is another player I don't have strong reads about. So possible SK, by removing other suspects.
    Elenna has hinted at knowing the victory condition of town. So less likely to be the killer.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-10-23 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Change of votes

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bladescape should kill the Wombat. Don't worry about AV. They'll be fine.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Dead or alive, I'll be fine, tbh.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

When did AV provide the win condition information Rogan is referencing?

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "Ywtgiykehconcptfh, aalomoytia."
    I later clarified that this was the first letter of each word in my victory condition. I mentioned this prior to Cao dying and revealing words that line up exactly with it (including the placement of the comma), so you can rest assured that I'm not the Serial Killer, at the very least.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I later clarified that this was the first letter of each word in my victory condition. I mentioned this prior to Cao dying and revealing words that line up exactly with it (including the placement of the comma), so you can rest assured that I'm not the Serial Killer, at the very least.
    Ah. I was hoping Rogan wasn't referencing your town claim post rage quit because Xi had already died. But this is well before that. So okay.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that the text might have been identical for wolves (I haven't actually compared them to cape's reveal) but I have wondered since the game started what it meant for town to be where "nothing can prevent this from happening"

- - - Updated - - -

Also fun fact: dead chat is called "U R Probably Dead" but my QT and the dead chat start with

Gac3, YOU... ARE STILL ALIVE, ACTUALLY.
    And for some reason that amuses me.

20. - Top - End - #1430

WolfInSheepsClothing

If their priority is the same or faster than the priority of the ability that killed them, they will get the information before or as they die.

21. - Top - End - #1431

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    This is from a Town locked person, so it should have extra weight.

When did AV provide the win condition information Rogan is referencing?
    AV answered this herself and got it right.

Ah. I was hoping Rogan wasn't referencing your town claim post rage quit because Xi had already died. But this is well before that. So okay.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that the text might have been identical for wolves (I haven't actually compared them to cape's reveal) but I have wondered since the game started what it meant for town to be where "nothing can prevent this from happening"

- - - Updated - - -

Also fun fact: dead chat is called "U R Probably Dead" but my QT and the dead chat start with

And for some reason that amuses me.
    All victory condition talk I took into account was from day 1, before anyone flipped.
    The persons involved were Elenna, AV, Bat and myself.

It might be for a situation like, AV is in the endgame and has her 1-shot immunity. Or the last day he a tie between Mafia and Cap, while Cap has blocked mafia before and can't lose the vote. Things like that.

Oh, that's clever. And it might give me an idea for a new concept for the next iteration.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

22. - Top - End - #1432

I'd probably prefer to not kill Book Wombat tbh.

Because I feel like he'll just protect himself and I won't get a kill off at all.

- - - Updated - - -

This is where I admit I lied and I can kill anyone voted not just the most-voted.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I'd probably prefer to not kill Book Wombat tbh.

Because I feel like he'll just protect himself and I won't get a kill off at all.

- - - Updated - - -

This is where I admit I lied and I can kill anyone voted not just the most-voted.
    Then kill Taff instead. Not that hard. The whole point is that we've got two Survivor claimants. Occam's Razor dictates that one of them is telling the truth, and the other is lying. There's basically no reason for a townie to lie about this, so the liar is either mafia or SK. If one dies tonight and flips SK, the other gets to be Survivor buddy. If one dies tonight and flips Survivor, the other one hangs tomorrow. The only difference it makes it whether it takes town two kills to get the SK, or one. Well, that's the only difference it makes for town. The other difference it makes is that the real survivor gets screwed over by town, but that's not really town's problem beyond how it requires an extra kill to be expended.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Why am I still awake..?

Can you tell me who the SK is, in your opinion?
    And can you give me an argument or two for why I should remove you from my list of possible Killers?
    I'm not sure on the SK, currently I'm thinking we may have pinned down both wolves and SK in your list, but I've got no reason for that, just wishful thinking.
    Currently I'm thinking Bookwombat since so much feels off and contradictory in small ways.
    Supagoofs claims about his bane are confusing me, so I will ask:
    Oh, and one last thing for further clarity. The I gave when I heard AV was going to copy my power - that's because I'd like them not to die too with using it. The bane power comes with a price. Anyone telling you otherwise is lying.
    By this are you saying that anyone who claims to have a Bane that doesn't kill themselves is lying? That's what it seemed like to me but it's confusing so I could be misunderstanding.

As for an argument, I have a darn good one, with evidence too. However Snow seems to not want to share that info till tomorrow and Snow is more experienced than me. Also she's the one who can corroborate any of my evidence. Although come tomorrow I suspect I'll have convinced a few more people. Even if it's just one.

Heres what I can say: when asked if anyone had more than 2 abilities earlier I said yes. I have way more than 2, I have 5. Each of them is mechanically something we could use, especially with our good roles getting picked off. Given a night, I can set myself up to provide one of the abilities we've lost that you people have said we could've really used. I wont elaborate on that because I've probably already given too much Info.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-23 at 09:38 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1435

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    I'm not sure on the SK, currently I'm thinking we may have pinned down both wolves and SK in your list, but I've got no reason for that, just wishful thinking.
    Currently I'm thinking Bookwombat since so much feels off and contradictory in small ways.
    Supagoofs claims about his bane are confusing me, so I will ask:

By this are you saying that anyone who claims to have a Bane that doesn't kill themselves is lying? That's what it seemed like to me but it's confusing so I could be misunderstanding.

As for an argument, I have a darn good one, with evidence too. However Snow seems to not want to share that info till tomorrow and Snow is more experienced than me. Also she's the one who can corroborate any of my evidence. Although come tomorrow I suspect I'll have convinced a few more people. Even if it's just one.

Heres what I can say: when asked if anyone had more than 2 abilities earlier I said yes. I have way more than 2, I have 5. Each of them is mechanically something we could use, especially with our good roles getting picked off. Given a night, I can set myself up to provide one of the abilities we've lost that you people have said we could've really used. I wont elaborate on that because I've probably already given too much Info.
    Well, Snow has been hinting at having info, so this claim seems fine. 5 powers feel like a lot, but if they have limited usages or other restrictions, this seems possible, see AV.
    It makes me a bit worried about Gac, his power seems so weak in comparison to everything else.
    He almost definitely has access to the dead chat, but if this is everything he has, that's seriously weak compared to other powers.
    It's nothing to worry about just now, but if there is no new info tomorrow, the surviving players could think about this again.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I have a guess for your abilities, which would explain some things.

- - - Updated - - -

Change of my night kill vote from
    Batcathat & Moonfly
    to
    Book Wombat & Taffamai following AVs argument that one of them is guaranteed to be lying unless Unavenger included two Survivors.

Oh, Blades? Could I nominate every living player for your kill, so you can pick your target on your own if you don't like any of the votes?
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-10-23 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Formatting the question

26. - Top - End - #1436

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    If this is really true, then I'm begging you to take Fext's power and hit me with it:
    Deadly Aim (Fast Priority): Once per game, at NIGHT, you may choose a player: if they are a member of the Mafia or the Serial Killer, they die. They are reported as having been killed by a laser. You cannot use your Laser Beam this night. This ability’s fast priority makes it unblockable by most abilities.
    I'm really saddened by all this "well just kill one of them at random who cares if we kill the survivor" talk. There are other ways to check us, and seriously I've been angling for it right from the start. Stop hating on the blues!

Meta and Moonfly, to give Bladescape more options.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Okay, that's weird.

Taffimai's quote says it's from Elenna, but Moonfly was the one who actually said what's in the quote.

Also giving bladescape options is great, but I don't really think one of those options should be mechanically confirmed town (Meta is via lie detector and surviving AV's anti-SK power).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post

Testing to see if some forum issue is affecting the quote.

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    If this is really true, then I'm begging you to take Fext's power and hit me with it:

I'm really saddened by all this "well just kill one of them at random who cares if we kill the survivor" talk. There are other ways to check us, and seriously I've been angling for it right from the start. Stop hating on the blues!

Meta and Moonfly, to give Bladescape more options.
    Realistically as town, we don't need the survivor alive. It's not like we want them dead, but it doesn't hurt us at all if we're wrong. So, it sucks for the survivor, but tactically just butchering the neutral claims is a realistic choice. Not saying that's what we do, but I certainly can't say that town will be effected by it too much, you will, but town won't.

And if you remember, I think it's been said that nobody can copy a dead characters abilities this game. But maybe I'm just missremembering. Anyways, I have access to approximations of said lost abilities, not exact duplicates, in my power suite. So please no one say "copy this" and then when I don't, use it as evidence against me, because I don't have that capability. That being said, I don't think Taff was trying to do that, I did certainly make it sound like I might be able to copy dead powers. But for the record: I cannot. Or maybe I can and this is a bamboozle! You shall see by day 3.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-23 at 11:00 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Which appears not to be the case, so... Taffimai, did you change the name inside that quote? If so, why?

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #1440

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Okay, that's weird.

Taffimai's quote says it's from Elenna, but Moonfly was the one who actually said what's in the quote.

Also giving bladescape options is great, but I don't really think one of those options should be mechanically confirmed town (Meta is via lie detector and surviving AV's anti-SK power).
    I noticed the same thing. The quote had the text of moon, but the Quote says Elenna and leads you to her question for unavenger.
    I can't see a reason to fake this, so I assume it was a technical issue or an accident of sorts.

Snow, can you confirm that you know something about Moon?
    And can you tell me if you got the same answer to your POE question I got? You said things that make me doubt you did, but it was my first idea for the redacted part that you would get the answer as well, since you asked the question. It would make sense for my prophecy from a fluff perspective.
    Show