New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1542
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

So, new comic is up. I got permission from Nameless to do it...
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    Apart from your 2 characters, all were NPC's. Yeah, even Leroy.

And you chose for your characters to die, so that does not count.
    He asked how many that really has died in ABR canon, he never said they had to be PCs or killed without the owners agreement (which in many cases would be god-modding anyway) So they technically all count.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

He can?
    While that they don't die often is correct them not being able to kinda ruins the illusion of them being close to. In other words it's because it's more interesting to watch them avoid it than them not being in any real danger.
    Okay, so while you can be under an illusion, Nameless will keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    how about this, the Spirit and Power of Death lives on, however, if an incarnation of Death is destroyed, a new one appears and inherits the power and duties. However, the now incarnation is an entierly different individual, it has the memories of it's previous incarnations, but a different personality. In most of the ways that count, the previous Nameless is dead any loyalties he may have had are no more.
    Memories is what makes a person, if the memories live on it's as if they haven't died, meaning that the killing of Nameless would of have been totally pointless. It would be no different to just plain-shifting him for a while.
    Besides, this idea would mean I would have to add more stuff to ASoD: BETA which would be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    He asked how many that really has died in ABR canon, he never said they had to be PCs or killed without the owners agreement (which in many cases would be god-modding anyway) So they technically all count.
    Yes, but he was commenting on my comment that PC's hardly ever die, and I was talking about PC's.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-11-11 at 02:53 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Okay, so while you can be under an illusion, Nameless will keep it real.

Memories is what makes a person, if the memories live on it's as if they haven't died, meaning that the killing of Nameless would of have been totally pointless. It would be no different to just plain-shifting him for a while.
    Besides, this idea would mean I would have to add more stuff to ASoD: BETA which would be silly.
    What I meant was that they keep the memories, but with no emotional connection, they merely know it as a series of Facts.

However, to make things easier, let's just say the new Incarnation of Death dosn't keep the old one's memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

What I meant was that they keep the memories, but with no emotional connection, they merely know it as a series of Facts.

However, to make things easier, let's just say the new Incarnation of Death dosn't keep the old one's memories.
    Argh, but that would interfere with ASoD: BETA even more!
    Especially with the God of Death part.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-11-11 at 02:55 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1356

I thought you weren't going to make a new ASOD, Nameless?

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I thought you weren't going to make a new ASOD, Nameless?
    I will, at some point in the future... Hopefully. I currently have way to many commitments though. I think that adding anything else to my list will slowly drive me insane.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Argh, but that would interfere with ASoD: BETA even more!
    Well, considering that I don't know about this ASoD BETA, I can't exactly propose a solution.
    Here, why don't YOU propose a solution, since you know about ASoD BETA, that lets Nameless die in some way.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #1359

I will, at some point in the future... Hopefully. I currently have way to many commitments though. I think that adding anything else to my list will slowly drive me insane.
    Then... if ASOD Beta doesn't exist... then how can we mess with it? Heck, if its not in comic, its not canon.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

Well, considering that I don't know about this ASoD BETA, I can't exactly propose a solution.
    Here, why don't YOU propose a solution, since you know about ASoD BETA, that lets Nameless die in some way.
    I don’t see why I should. Nameless has worked perfectly well as an ABR character for the past two years, I don’t see why he became an issue over night.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-11-11 at 02:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1361

Because next to folks like full-shade Threeshades or Igon -gorram- Minoblendy or the Sovice, he didn't seem so brokenish.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

Because next to folks like full-shade Threeshades or Igon -gorram- Minoblendy or the Sovice, he didn't seem so brokenish.
    Shush you, we had a deal.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I don’t see why I should. Nameless has worked perfectly well as an ABR character for the past two years, I don’t see why he became an issue over night.
    It wasn't an issue when nobody had a problem with it, now that somebody has a problem with it, it's an issue. Now that it's an issue, it should be solved, either by convincing those that have a problem that they shouldn't have a problem with it, or by changing it.
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #1364

Shush you, we had a deal.

I reversed my vote. Doesn't mean I can't still moan and whine.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

It wasn't an issue when nobody had a problem with it, now that somebody has a problem with it, it's an issue. Now that it's an issue, it should be solved, either by convincing those that have a problem that they shouldn't have a problem with it, or by changing it.
    In order for you to have a problem with it, I must be doing something different that I haven’t been doing for the past two years, because no one has said anything until just now. So, if you can tell me what it is I’m doing differently, maybe we can solve that.
    If not, then I don’t see why I should justify my character after using him for so long.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-11-11 at 03:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

So, new comic is up. I got permission from Nameless to do it...
    Hahaha!

KPenguin, what the heck was that?! That was completly pointless and funny at the same time. Although, someone should inform me what did just happen if they understand. I'm still new here after all.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Hahaha!

KPenguin, what the heck was that?! That was completly pointless and funny at the same time. Although, someone should inform me what did just happen if they understand. I'm still new here after all.
    I agreed to it and even I still don’t really get it. Nameless is talking to Threeshades, then that God damn chicken that Nameless can't reap which Lying came up with popped out of no where, so Nameless chases it and ends up somewhere.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-11-11 at 03:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

In order for you to have a problem with it, I must be doing something different that I haven’t been doing for the past two years, because no one has said anything until just now. So, if you can tell me what it is I’m doing differently, maybe we can solve that.
    If not, then I don’t see why I should justify my character after using him for so long.
    I don't have a problem with it, since in ABR our characters only die if we give permission for that to occur anyway it's a superficial issue. The only difference is that, rather than you giving permission for somebody else to Kill nameless, you'd give permission for somebody else to disable him in some other way. Since we all have a right to have our characters never die (just as we have a responsibility to not kill other people's characters), it could easily never come up.

I think it's less the Death issue, and more the Power issue. Mind you, just because Nameless is the Grim Reaper dosn't mean he's necessarily very good at killing people. In Fact, it wouldn't make sense for him to be any better than normal at Killing People, his purpose is to reap the souls of those who already died. Nowhere in his job description does it say "Kill people", so he shouldn't be granted any special abilities towards that end. The Reaper does not get to chose when the Harvest comes.
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

I don't have a problem with it, since in ABR our characters only die if we give permission for that to occur anyway it's a superficial issue. The only difference is that, rather than you giving permission for somebody else to Kill nameless, you'd give permission for somebody else to disable him in some other way. Since we all have a right to have our characters never die (just as we have a responsibility to not kill other people's characters), it could easily never come up.

I think it's less the Death issue, and more the Power issue. Mind you, just because Nameless is the Grim Reaper dosn't mean he's necessarily very good at killing people. In Fact, it wouldn't make sense for him to be any better than normal at Killing People, his purpose is to reap the souls of those who already died. Nowhere in his job description does it say "Kill people", so he shouldn't be granted any special abilities towards that end. The Reaper does not get to chose when the Harvest comes.
    I agree, but I already said that Nameless is no more powerful the someone like Igon, maybe less, I'm really sure how powerful Igon is. Though he focuses his powers on different types of magic such as teleportation and opening up portals. Nameless is NOT omnipotent. He is omnipresent, but as I already said he only really uses this power seriously for his work.

20. - Top - End - #1370

Personally, I'm dropping this, but I'm pointing out that Igon does not, as of yet, exist in FFF:R and if he does appear, he'll be far less powerful.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

Reading all this makes me worry that my character will be too powerful...

Is there any kindof grading system when it comes to power?
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2009-11-11 at 03:48 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

Wasn't Igon shown in the FFFR intro? He was standing near to the monument to Stephanie and Oscar if I remember correctly.

23. - Top - End - #1373

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Wasn't Igon shown in the FFFR intro? He was standing near to the monument to Stephanie and Oscar if I remember correctly.
    A blonde fella with a ponytail wearing a red robe was standing near a monument, yeah.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

While I'm waiting for my question to be answered, I'll ask another one. Who's setting up the archive for FFF:r? I wish to know who I should bug in the future.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

While I'm waiting for my question to be answered, I'll ask another one. Who's setting up the archive for FFF:r? I wish to know who I should bug in the future.
    Tiff is. :3

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

Linkified

Also if Crimson is reading this, could you add a link to the first post of the thread please?
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-11-11 at 05:28 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ettin in the Playground

A blonde fella with a ponytail wearing a red robe was standing near a monument, yeah.
    Really? Who else is that likely to be?

And if that is Igon (Which, I'm gonna say, it is), then it also establishes his age, his existence, and Arcania's existence and otherwise established history to be extant within the FFF:R continuity.

So Lying is around, and most of Remember is also validated as a consequence of Arcania's and his own existence.

28. - Top - End - #1378

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Really? Who else is that likely to be?

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ettin in the Playground

Blonde ponytail, red robes, and a blue hairtie. Seriously?

Even aside of that, Tarka Dol's existence is evidence of Arcania.

30. - Top - End - #1380

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Blonde ponytail, red robes, and a blue hairtie. Seriously?

Even aside of that, Tarka Dol's existence is evidence of Arcania.