New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Xenotheurgy: Far Realms magic system

Totally awesome. The only Breach I don't really care for is this one.

Spoiler
    Show

Form of Naught
    Fading Whispers 6 (glamer)
    Duration: 1 round/level

You shunt most of the target’s essence into the far realm, leaving next to nothing for others to detect.

This breach functions as the superior invisibility spell, except as mentioned above and below. While affected by this breach, a creature also leaves no tracks.
    Empowerment
    Range: Persional
    Target: You
    Duration: 1 minute/level
    While affected by this breach, divination spells and effects other than true seeing can’t target you or your gear and likewise can’t detect the presence of you or your gear. As such, spells such as scrying, detect magic, and detect thoughts are incapable of affecting you.

Not that it's too strong or too weak (I wouldn't know about that) but because... well, it's another invisibility effect and you already have like two of those.

'Course, that's just my opinion. It's still nice work.
    ParsonxMaggie Shipper in the Playground

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hmm... that one looked odd to me as well. Originally, I was considering having it grant incorporeality with divination immunity being the empowerment boost. How does that sound?
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I don't really know much about how power Incorporeality is, but I guess it's fine. Might want to check with someone else just in case.

Maybe it could erase your name from the minds/books/what-have-you in the area you activate you use it as well? Just tossing out ideas, not sure how something like that would work.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well, incorporeality has the power of an 8th-level spell (ghostwalk) whereas divination immunity holds half the power of another 8th level spell (mind blank). As such, I may reverse things so that you normally gain divination immunity and become incorporeal when empowered. Yeah, that sounds about right.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

? I'm not sure how often divination immunity will come up in a normal game.

also what's the difference between greater and superior invisibility?

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, that sounds better to me. I have a question about a Breach, by the way. Not about how powerful it is, just curious what it can be used for that's all. The one I'm talking about is Distill Element.

I have the feeling that it can be used for something and that it could be useful in rare situations, I'm just not sure what. Do you know of any situations where can be useful or how it's supposed to be used?

Also, I thinking of trying to make a Murmur of my own. It's basically it's based on summons and being bound to them. Sorta like a cross of Insidious Pack and Called From Nothing I guess.

I was thinking about calling it "Impossible Friendship" or like... "Non-Euclidean Lover". Something weird and creepy like that. It's basically where you have a long lasting summon that's bound very closely to you. What do ya think?

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Glad to see this is still getting worked on.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

RoC have you considered putting this together in a PDF or Word document?
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.

9. - Top - End - #249

There's a partial one somewhere in the middle of this thread. What would really be useful are some character sheet type things to keep track of you're murmurs. Again there's one some where (it's for avenger).
    If I how to make editable pdfs and knew others would work on it I'd be happy to make a few.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Pixie in the Playground

The farmer doesn't exist. Just saying. Though it IS madness to seek enlightenment.
    /enigmatic

Very nice flavor. Intentionally unreliable powers...sounds like a job for luck rerolls.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey all! I had some free time as of late and decided to (try) to make my own custom Breach! The idea is that it's a healing/combat control type of Breach. It doesn't have any blasting, but some neat ways to heal people and have a good time! I still need to finish with the ability/drawback thing but... here's what I got so far. Is this any good? I'm sure it needs some balancing and work done in places, but still...

Poison of Love
    Spoiler
    Show
    1st Level Breaches
    Corrupted Joy [Mind-Effecting Ability]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison of Love 1
    Range: Touch
    Target: Creature Touched
    Duration: 1 minute/level + 1 day/level
    Saving Throw: Will Negates
    You fill the target with joy, yet when the feeling ends they are left down and depressed… and craving for more.

You make a melee touch attack. If it hits the target gains a bonus to skill checks equal to one-half your Xenothuergy level (rounded down). This lasts for [1 minuet/Xenothuergy level]. Afterwards, the target must make a will save or take a penalty equal to the bonus. They may make another will-save to negate this effect every 24 hours, or until the Breach duration ends.

The bonuses and penalties of this Breach do not stack. However, if someone is currently affected by the penalties of this Breach then another use of this skill removes them and replaces them with the bonus.

Empowerment
    Target: 1 Living Creature Touched/level
    You gain the ability to touch a number of creatures equal to your Xenotheurgy level and grant them the benefits of this Breach. You may make these touch attacks for 1 round/level. All other aspects of this Breach remain the same.

Fountain of Restless Healing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison of Love 1
    Target: Liquid Touched
    Duration: Instant + 3 hours/ level
    Saving Throw: None/Will
    You enchant any liquid with the powers of the Far-Realms and twist those mad energies to heal whoever drinks it. However, no one was ever meant to ingest something from the Far-Realms, and its mad energies keep all who do so awake for days.

You enchant up to 16oz/Xenothuergy level of liquid with the healing powers. For every 8oz ingested the target is healed 1 HP/Xenothuergy level. However, this healing comes at a cost. All those who willingly drink this substance are unable to sleep for the above duration, with no save (Though they need not be aware of the benefits/drawbacks). Those forced to drink are entitled to a Will Save to resist the effect of this Breach. For every 8oz ingested the duration of the sleep penalty is doubled (two doublings equal a tripling as normal). Creatures that do not sleep gain no benefit from this Breach.

This Breach does not remove any effects from the liquid being consumed. For example, if this Breach was cast on a large vial of poison you would still have to save against the poison, while still gaining the benefits of this Breach.

Liquid enchanted by the Breach offers no nourishment and quenches no thirst.

Empowerment
    Duration: Instant + 1 day/level
    As normal but with the above exceptions.

2nd Level Breaches
    Traitorous Desire [Mind-Effecting Ability]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison of Love 2
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft/2 levels
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 1 Round/level
    Saving Throw: Will
    You make the target desire nothing more then to harm its allies. The longer they resist the worse off they become... but doing so also leads to a greater reward.

If the target fails there saving throw they take a stacking -1 penalty to attack rolls/saving throws/and skill checks for every round that they do not attack an ally. When they attack an ally the penalty is removed and they gain a bonus to all attack rolls/saving throws/and skill checks for one round equal to the penalty. The bonus lasts for one round. When the bonus ends the penalties begin to stack once more.

In order to gain the bonus from this Breach the target must make a serious attempt to injure there ally. Although they need not use there strongest spells or abilities, they are likewise unable to intentionally avoid a fatal or debilitating blow. They may opt to use Disintegrate instead of Meteor Swarm if they think doing so is wiser, but using sleep or throwing a pebble will simply result in a wasted action. Finally, in order to gain the bonus the attack must hit.

Empowerment
    Duration: 1 Round/ 2 levels
    The duration of the Breach is reduced by half and the penalty/bonus is increased to +2. All other aspects of this Breach remain the same.

Daze of Madness [Mind-Effecting Ability]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison of Love 2
    Target: One Creature
    Duration: 1 round/level (Concentration) + Instant
    Your touch is like the sweetest of drugs… and just as addicting.

You make a single touch attack. If this hits and the target fails its will-save it is trapped in drugged up stupor, grinning and giggling softly to itself as impossible images fill its head. This state of bliss is highly addictive, however, and for every round the creature is affected by this Breach they gain an increasing addiction rating. The first round they gain a negligible addiction rating. The next round this becomes a low addiction rating, followed by medium, high, and finally extreme.

You may not take any other action besides holding the target while using this Breach. Doing so instantly ends the effect (But not the addiction effect). Any obviously hostile actions against the target (charging with weapons drawn, etcetc) also end this effect.

The addiction effect from this Breach is instantly sated if this Breach is used on the target, although the severity is not reduced.
    Empowerment
    You may now move along with your target at either half your base speed or that of your targets, whichever is slower.

3rd Level Breaches
    Horrid Ecstasy [Mind-Effecting Ability]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison of Love 3
    Target: Creature Touched
    Duration: 1 round/ 3 levels + 1 round/3 levels
    You fill your target with an almost overwhelming pleasure. Although the crash after it wears off is regrettable, no one can deny its effectiveness.

The target gains a bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, crit confirmation and saves against fear effects equal to ½ your Xenothuergy level. Once this effect ends the target is fatigued for the same amount of time.

Empowerment
    Duration: 1 round/ 2 levels + 1 round/ 2 levels
    The bonus against fear effects instead becomes immunity to fear. Otherwise the Breach functions exactly the same, except with the above changes.

Ravenous Buffet [Mind-Effecting Ability]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison of Love 3
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Area: 10 ft / level
    Food is a necessity as well as an incredible source of pleasure. You let all those effected feast on anything they desire and have them restore there bodies the more they eat. However, they may find it very difficult to stop…

All those who fail there saving throw against this Breach instantly stop what they are doing and begin to feed on anything around them. This hunger never results in them taking hostile action against another person. Feeding is a full-round action where the eat anything they can put into there mouths, including normally inedible things like stone, metal, dirt, etc. For every round the target feeds they are healed an amount equal to your Xenotheurgy level. If, for whatever reason, they are in a place with nothing they are capable of eating (IE: It won’t fit in there mouth) then this Breach instantly ends.

Eating never deals damage to the target and there is no risk of chocking. They may swallow nails or billiard balls whole without worry.

Although hostile action against someone under the effect of this Breach does not end the effect, they are entitled to another will-save in order to break free from its grasp.

Empowerment
    Area: 25ft / level
    Except for the above change, this Breach functions exactly the same.

4th Level Breaches
    Siren Jealousy [Mind-Effecting Ability]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison of Love 4
    Range: 10 ft
    Area: 10 ft burst centered around you / level
    You utter a sound far too amazing for it to exist in our reality. All who hear it would rather rip out there own tongue then attempt to compare.

All those in the area must make a will-save every time they wish to speak while the Breach is in effect. This includes spells with vocal components, whistling, etc. If they fail there save they take 1d6 damage along with 2 damage every round until they are healed. There attempt to speak fails as well, and they are unable to form words until they are effected by a “regeneration” spell or similar ability.

Creatures lacking tongues (Or are not harmed if one goes missing) take no damage if they fail there save. They simply fail to form there words correctly, as if annoyed of the imperfections in there own voice.

Empowerment
    The Breach is no longer a Mind-Effecting Ability. This means, among other things, that it now works against undead. Everything else remains the same.

Hideous Wonderment [Mind-Effecting Ability]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison of Love 4
    Range: Personal
    Effect: Small fist sized object
    Area: 5 ft / level
    Duration: Instant + 1 day/level
    You create a fleshy object that drips with puss and smells of rotting flesh. Yet all who see it want nothing more then to own it.

Anyone who either see the object or smell it (the object can be smelled by anyone within the area) must pass there saving throw or instantly desire the object. Anyone under the effect of this Breach will drop one attitude lower to whoever is holding the object, possibly becoming hostile.

When the duration of the Breach expires the object becomes nothing more then a petty (albeit disgusting) bauble.

Empowerment
    Range: Object Touched
    You can grant the quality’s of Hideous Wonderment to any object touched. Everything else remains the same.

5th Level Breaches
    Masochistic Love
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison of Love 5
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 1 Round/level
    Saving Throw: Will Negates
    Pleasure and pain are both said to be two sides of the same coin… and both hold great power. You prove this by linking them together to empower any under its effects.

As per the Masochism spell, with the following exceptions. You gain immunity to all penalties from pain effects (Such as Symbol of Pain, Wrack, Angry Ache, etc). Finally, is someone capable of using Breaches loses half there maximum HP while under the effects of this Breach they may use a single Breach of 3rd level or lower as an instant action.

The bonuses of this Breach do not stack with the bonuses granted from the Masochism spell.

Empowerment
    As, but you also gain +1 to damage for every ten damage taken. This increase effects the damage from Breaches, such as the Touch of Reweaving Breach. This bonus to damage is only added to Breaches that deal damage, not spells/spell-like abilitys/etc.

Aberrant Incense [Mind-Effecting Ability]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison of Love 5
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Area: 25 ft / level
    You show the world the wonder of the Far-Realms by filling the air with its wonderful smell… or at least the next closest thing. It mends the body, heals the soul… and spreads merriment to all around

All those in the area of this Breach are healed for (1HP / HD). Furthermore, any damaged or drained attributes are healed at a rate of 1 point per round. Finally, anyone in the area of this Breach is cured of one negative level each round.

However, this Breach has its side effects. Anyone who fails there saving throw against this Breach must spend a move action while in its effects either moving at there base speed, dancing, singing, etc. They make this save every round they are in the area of the Breach, and if they pass there saving throw they do not gain any of the benefits of this Breach.

For every round someone is in the area of this Breach they take a -1 penalty to resist its effects. Creatures with the Scent ability take a -1 to saves against its effects and are unable to smell anything but the Incense while in its area of effect (No save).

A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses the Incense in 4 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the fog in 1 round. However, this does not end the effect. 1d4 rounds after the winds stop the Incense comes back.

Empowerment
    All healing aspects of this Breach are doubled. Furthermore, everyone in the area of effect must spend a full-round action dancing, singing, etc instead of a single move action.

6th Level Breaches
    End Times [Mind-Effecting Ability]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison of Love 6
    Target: One Creature
    Duration: Instant
    Saving Throw: Will Partial, see text
    You overwhelm the target with the greatest pleasures imaginable. This drives them quite mad and results in them eventually killing themselves… but at least they die happy.

If the target fails there saving throw against this effect they go through a gruesome and bloody procedure of self-mutilations, as described below. They feel no pain from this and will not defend themselves while under the effects of this Breach. A Heal spell cures the effects of this Breach, however the target must save against the Breach when Healed or fall under the effects of this Breach once more.

First Round: The target removes there own eyes, rendering them Blinded. They also take 1d6 damage.
    Second Round: The target removes there tongue, making it impossible for them to use abilities that require verbal components. They also take 1d6 damage and 2 damage per round until healed.
    Third Round: The target mutilates there ears, rendering them Deafened. They also take 1d6 damage.
    Forth Round: The target body is no longer able to cope with what it’s feeling and becomes Exhausted.
    Fifth Round: The target attempts to itself to the best of its ability. They may try jumping off a cliff, attacking themselves with a Coup De Gras, or any other way that would result in there eventual death.

If the target is immune to any stage of this effect, simply move down to the next one. For example, If the target has eyes but no tongue they would spend the first round cutting out there eyes and the next mutilating there ears.

Those who pass there saving throw are still Dazed for one round, there senses temporarily overwhelmed from the alien pleasure invading there mind.

Empowerment
    The target of this ability must save or die. If they are brought back to life after being killed by this Breach they must save against this ability at the moment of there resurrection or die again. This continues until they are revived and pass there saving throw.

Grand Feast [Mind-Effecting Ability]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poison of Love 6
    Area: 10 ft/ level
    Duration: 1 round / level
    You combine a mixture of your powers to create a feast that you make even the Elder Evils themselves envious.

All liquids in the area of effect are treated as if under the effects of the Fountain of Restless Healing. All those in the are of this Breach are treated as if effected by the Ravenous Buffet Breach and the Aberrant Incense Breach.

Finally, all those in the area of effect are effected by the Siren Jealousy Breach. Unlike normal however, the targets may still sing, laugh, scream, etc. Any normal/coherent speech still trigger the effects of this Breach. This means, among other things, that Bardic Music and Spells do not trigger the effects of Siren Jealousy but Wizard spells or Truenaming does.

Empowerment
    Area: 25 ft / level

This Breach functions exactly the same, with the above exceptions.
    Last edited by Matar; 2010-11-16 at 03:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252

I feel I should mention that there already are one or two breaches that focus on healing. That said yours is fairly different and interesting.

A few of the empowerments are kinda screwy though; of note are fountain of healing which just keeps you up longer (did you mean to switch the durations?) and traitorous desire which is probably a wash with it's halved desire duration and doubled effect.

Speaking of Traitorous desire, are they meant to attack there ally with the bonuses or penalties? It seems like there attacking with the penalties which doesn't particularly make sense and isn't terribly useful.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

feel I should mention that there already are one or two breaches that focus on healing. That said yours is fairly different and interesting.
    I counted one myself, the Soothing Insanity one IIRC. Didn't notice any others, but I should double check...

A few of the empowerments are kinda screwy though; of note are fountain of healing which just keeps you up longer (did you mean to switch the durations?) and traitorous desire which is probably a wash with it's halved desire duration and doubled effect.
    I totally agree with this. My brain farted when it came to the empowerments. If anyone can give me some ideas as to how to make it better I would -really- like that xD

Speaking of Traitorous desire, are they meant to attack there ally with the bonuses or penalties? It seems like there attacking with the penalties which doesn't particularly make sense and isn't terribly useful.
    Good point. The bonus -should- apply to the attack against an ally. Will edit. Although, to be fair, making it really hard to hit an ally (And thus remove the penalty) isn't that bad either. Use it on an enemy, etc.
    Last edited by Matar; 2010-11-16 at 01:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by Matar View Post
    Good point. The bonus -should- apply to the attack against an ally. Will edit. Although, to be fair, making it really hard to hit an ally (And thus remove the penalty) isn't that bad either. Use it on an enemy, etc.
    It could actually work fairly well (maybe even better) that way. But with the way it's currently worded it seems like as long as they attempt to hit (regardless of success) they'll reset the penalty and they only get the bonus if they succeed

15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground

I wasn't sure where to put this question, so I flipped a coin... I've read the multiclassing rules listed on the first page, but no matter how many times I go over it, I just can't wrap my head around it.

Can someone who has a higher understanding of the text written in this thread please explain it more plainly to me? In addition how does this interact with Matar's Transcendent Scion PRC? By that I mean does Transcendent Scion count as True Xenotheurgist levels for figuring out the highest level of Breach you have access to? What about other classes? I noticed that the Mind of Madness class feature mentions that both Scion and Ozodrin levels stack for form points and feature points, but i see no mention of feature points anywhere else. I also found it odd that it didn't address whether or not it advance Xenotheurgy.

TL;DR
    Does Transcendent Scion stack with True Xenotheurgist levels for determining highest level breaches?

16. - Top - End - #256
    Firbolg in the Playground

I made a prestige class for the Xenotheurge... PEACHes appreciated.

(I can't really find other people who know how the class works to critique it... >.>)
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2010-11-16 at 07:41 PM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257

I seem to recall Xenotheurgy advancing with HD no CL in the description of xenotheurgy it self.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon Rose View Post
    I seem to recall Xenotheurgy advancing with HD no CL in the description of xenotheurgy it self.
    No, it requires a certain Xenotheurgy level. Only blessed and afflicted Xenotheurges advance using only HD, not the True Xenotheurges.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

I noticed that the Mind of Madness class feature mentions that both Scion and Ozodrin levels stack for form points and feature points, but i see no mention of feature points anywhere else. I also found it odd that it didn't address whether or not it advance Xenotheurgy.
    I must have made a typo somewhere. I SHALL FIX IT.

Also, I plan on editing the mind spiders thing eventually. I just don't... like it. At all.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Hate to double post, but I wanted this to be noticed.

Ho'kay.

When you first mention empowering for Breaches it says this.

Empowerment: When weakened, the energy flowing through a xenotheurgist doubles in rate, using the reduced resistance to enter the multiverse. While a xenotheurgist’s hit point are equal to or less than twice their xenotheurgy level, the effects of all breaches are empowered (as described in their entries) and the xenotheurgist gains a +4 breach bonus.
    But under the class description for the Breaches it says this.

While you are at half of their total hit points or lower, all of your breaches are empowered and you gain a +4 breach bonus.
    Which one takes precedence? I'm guessing the class one, but it could be a little more clear.

21. - Top - End - #261

I may be wrong, but I think the first one is for normal people and the second one is a class feature or maybe a feat that lets you get empowered more easily.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

So... I edited that little Breach section so it'd be a bit clearer. Did I help any or did I just make things worse? This includes all the changes the RoC said he was going to implement so far.

Spoiler
    Show
    Breaches (Su): Each murmur grants access to a number of supernatural abilities called breaches. Breaches are split into breach levels that behave like spell levels. Your Xenotheurgy level dictates the highest level of Breach that you can access, as given on the table below. Furthermore, to use a Breach, the level of the murmur granting it must equal or surpass its breach level.

Whenever you use a breach, make a Will Save (DC 12 + Breach Level + Murmur level of the murmur granting the breach + Breach Bonus/Penalty). The DC is increased by +1 for each of that murmur’s breaches that have been used that day (multiple uses of a single breach don’t count). If you succeed, you gain a +1 breach bonus until the end of the day. If you fail, the level of the murmur is increased by one immediately after using the breach. A natural 1 on this saving throw always fails, even if a special ability, feat, spell, or magic item would prevent this.

At the end of each day you automatically lower the level of your single highest Murmur. If you have more then one Murmur of the same level then one of them is randomly chosen to be lowered.

Breaches are usable at will and take a move action to use.

While you are at half of their total hit points or lower, all of your Breaches are empowered and you gain a +4 Breach bonus.

The save DC for Breaches is (10 + the highest level of Breach you have access to + the level of the Murmur granting the Breach. + one half your Breach bonus/penalty)

23. - Top - End - #263

To add to Matar's point:

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos in the general Xenotheurgy entry
    Empowerment: When weakened, the energy flowing through a xenotheurgist doubles in rate, using the reduced resistance to enter the multiverse. While a xenotheurgist’s hit point are equal to or less than twice their xenotheurgy level, the effects of all breaches are empowered (as described in their entries) and the xenotheurgist gains a +4 breach bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos in the True Xenotheurgist class entry
    Breaches (Su): ...Breaches are usable at will and take a standard action to use. While you are at half of their total hit points or lower, all of your breaches are empowered and you gain a +4 breach bonus. Otherwise, the save DC for breaches is 10 + the highest level of breach you have access to + the level of the murmur granting the breach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos in the Xenotheurgy feats
    Heightened Empowerment
    You can accomplish empowerment more easily than most
    Prerequisites: ability to use breaches
    Benefits: you gain the benefits of empowerment while your hit points equal to or are less than half of your total hit points.
    Does this mean that Heightened Empowerment is of use only to garden-variety xenotheurges, and completely redundant for True Xenotheurges?
    Last edited by Toptomcat; 2010-11-17 at 06:23 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264

Quote Originally Posted by Toptomcat View Post
    -variety xenotheurges, and completely redundant for True Xenotheurges?
    It's probably still relevant if they have racial hd or if they multi-class.

Edit: Also to clarify that breach bonus you get for diping bellow 1/2 health is temporary right? otherwise you could quite quickly become unplayable.
    Last edited by Epsilon Rose; 2010-11-17 at 06:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

On the matter of 2 x xenotheurgy level vs. 1/2 hit points, both were actually true in my head. Under 1/2 hit points was intended specifically for true xenotheurgists (where it was listed) while 2 x xenotheurgist level was intended for afflicted/blessed xenotheurgists, though I could've been a lot more clear about that.

Then again, that is a bit of a moot point as I have finally fine-tuned the system as I've been meaning to do for months. Most of the changes can be found in the second post but to summarize:
    1. Instead of reducing all murmurs 1 level/week and possibly 1/day on top of that in a complicated fashion, you simply reduce a single murmur by 1 each day (or each week for blessed/afflicted xenotheurgists). Because of this, the punishment for not using incursions has become a tad more severe.
    2. To simplify matters a whole lot, the save DC of your breach and the save DC to resist increasing your murmur level are now one and the same. No more keeping track of which breaches from which murmurs you've used on a given gay, either.
    3. Breach bonuses and breach penalties are gone, replaced with simple warp points that simply add to the save DCs of your breaches rather than hitting your will saves as well and opening yourself up to mental domination and illusions and all sorts of bad stuff.
    4. Empowerment has been altered so that you need not be at low life and may instead simply toss it onto a breach as you use it by gaining 2 warp points. Alternately, for the same cost, you can use a breach as a move action.

Also, the changes have allowed me to trim my 13-step user guide into a nice and neat 10-step guide and I've added three examples to help illustrate what the multiclassing restriction actually means.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-11-17 at 11:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome. Totally awesome. Few things I noticed that I thought I should bring up, though.

The strain of using breaches can wear down even the hardiest of minds over time, represented here by warp points. Though this instability increases the potency of breaches, it reduces the control that a xenotheurgist has over them. For every Warp Point that a xenotheurgist possesses, increase the Save DCs of their breaches by +1. If you acquire a warp point by using a breach, do not add this bonus to the save DC of that breach. Unless otherwise noted, Warp points last until the xenotheurgist recieives a full ten hours or sleep (or relaxation if sleep is not needed for their race).
    I sorta get the point of this. It’s to help balance out the DC of Breaches, right? That way you just don’t keep using it to get a really high DC. But… I’m not sure it’s needed, and it just adds an extra number to keep track of (Which warp points were gained from passing your save, and which were gained from just empowering them).

Now, this might be needed to keep things balanced. I don’t think so, but it’s very well possible. I just wanted to make sure, cause it’s annoying to keep track of more numbers then I have to xD.

The third type is scholarly, trying desperately to quash any control that the far realms has over them and keeping some power in reserve at all times. These xenotheurgists lean towards lawful alignments.
    Should be squash, am I rite?

make a Will Save against its save DC (DC 12 + Breach Level + Murmur level of the murmur granting the breach).
    In the True Xeno class section. Was it intentional not to mention Warp Points adding to the save DC? Might want to, just to make it perfectly clear.

1. Next to xenotheurgy level, replace the (#) with the sum of all hit dice you possess, including racial hit dice.
    2. Next to highest level of breach accessible, replace (#) with 1/3 of your xenotheurgy level, rounded up.
    3. Next to days without incursion, replace (#) with the appropriate number, resetting it to 0 whenever an Incursion is used for any reason.
    4. Next to warp points, replace (#) with the number of warp points you possess. You lose all warp points after recieiving a full ten hours or sleep (or relaxation if sleep is not needed for your race).
    5. Write the name of your murmur and next to it replace (#) with its level (which may often change).
    6. Under the name, write the a list of all breaches granted by that murmur and their breach levels for convenience. Include breaches that you cannot access.
    7. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each breach you have access to.
    8. write a list of disturbances when prompted. While a disturbance is suppressed, put a checkmark next to it. You take a penalty to will saves equal to the number of such checkmarks.
    9. Circle your active murmurs to mark them as being such. When switching active murmurs, erase the circle and make a new one.
    10. Each day, reduce the (#) next to the name of a murmur by 1 if you wish.
    Number seven should be “Repeat steps 5 and 6 for each Breach you have access to.”

Also, just triple checking. A True Xeno’s Xenotheurgy is equal to there HD, right? Everything I’m reading says yes, I just want to make sure.

27. - Top - End - #267

Should be squash, am I rite?
    No, that's a word.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

It is?!

RoC has taught me something today. And knowledge is power!

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I sorta get the point of this. It’s to help balance out the DC of Breaches, right? That way you just don’t keep using it to get a really high DC. But… I’m not sure it’s needed, and it just adds an extra number to keep track of (Which warp points were gained from passing your save, and which were gained from just empowering them).
    You seem to have misunderstood a bit. Let's say that I use a breach that allows its target a will save and I succeed on my saving throw. I'm just making it clear that the warp point you just got isn't added to the DC of that particular use of that particular breach. If I were to cast the same breach next round, it's DC would be increased by that warp point.
    I don't know how I could make things any more clear without making the text exceedingly wordy and confusion. Any ideas?

In the True Xeno class section. Was it intentional not to mention Warp Points adding to the save DC? Might want to, just to make it perfectly clear.
    Actually, I neglected to mention it as one third of all xenotheurgists are going to be halving that bonus and another third are going to be doubling it and as that much was already mentioned in another class feature, it seemed a bit redundant to mention it again.
    That said, as said class feature refers to doubling or halving this bonus and warp points aren't presented as being a purely blessed/afflicted xenotheurgist thing, I had hoped that this would be more apparent than it seems to be.

Also, just triple checking. A True Xeno’s Xenotheurgy is equal to there HD, right? Everything I’m reading says yes, I just want to make sure.
    Yep!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know how I could make things any more clear without making the text exceedingly wordy and confusion. Any ideas?
    Well, it's actually really clear now that I know how it works. Which may seem silly, but it's true.

My suggestion? Add a little play fight in one of the later posts. That way people can see what it would look like in action.

Really, it's my fault. I just understand things better when I actually... see it in play, that's all xD

Yep!
    Then I have some editing to do on my prestige class...
    Last edited by Matar; 2010-11-18 at 10:54 PM.