New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Zaydos Expands on Past Work - Playgrounder Caricatures Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    New Dragonblooded Warforged Feats (Draconium)

Yeah this one is a stretch, but I just liked the idea too much not to make it and Expanded Dragonblood did have Dragonblood templates for Earth Elementals, a Bloodline , half-dragon types and some draconic feats.
    I quite like this one myself. The idea of playing a Warforged created from the remains of a dragon hoard is... intriguing, to say the least. Thank you for this.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

4X Magic – More Feats from the College of War Magic (Ilven)

Explorative Spell [Metamagic]
    An explorative spell creates a divinatory sensor where the spell is cast allowing you to view that location.
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast divination spells.
    Benefit: An Explorative Spell create a scrying sensor at the center of the spell’s effect. If this is an area of effect it is the center of the spell’s area, if it is a single target spell it is the target’s current square, if it is an effect other than a ray (which is treated as a targeted spell) then it is at the center of where the effect is generated, if it is a multi-target spell it is the center of the targets, and so forth. You can see and hear through this sensor as if you were there with all your auditory and visual special senses. This sensor lasts for 10 minutes per spell level of the Explorative Spell after metamagic modifiers. An Explorative Spell uses up a slot 1 level higher than usual.

Expanding Cloud [General]
    When you create a cloud it grows over time expanding to cover the battlefield.
    Prerequisites: Spell Focus (Conjuration).
    Benefit: Whenever you cast a spell which creates an effect in the form of a spread of cloud, fog, or mist that effect grows over time. Every 2 rounds the radius and height increase by 5 ft until they have reached 5 times their normal size or the effect is disrupted.

Exploit Fear [General]
    Your magic is particularly effective against those grasped by fear.
    Prerequisites: Spell Focus (Necromancy)
    Benefit: Creatures which are under the influence of a fear effect take a(n additional) -2 penalty on saving throws against your spells.

Extermination Magic [General]
    You are adept at culling the weak with your spells and effects.
    Prerequisites: Spell Focus (Evocation)
    Benefit: Spells you cast deal 50% extra damage to creatures at less than ½ health.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-02 at 02:01 AM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

4X Magic – More Feats from the College of War Magic (Ilven)
    YAY!

I really like Expanding cloud.

I guess I keep my save files in the cloud?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

And with that I'm out of pending. Unless people want to volunteer to go again or some new victims volunteers arrive then I guess I'm done...

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    I quite like this one myself. The idea of playing a Warforged created from the remains of a dragon hoard is... intriguing, to say the least. Thank you for this.
    It was just too neat of an idea to pass up once it'd occurred to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    YAY!

I really like Expanding cloud.

I guess I keep my save files in the cloud?

I'm not sure that's a good idea, they tend to be short lived. But yeah Expanding Cloud is my favorite of the 4 as well (I think the fear one is my least favorite, though Explorative spell should probably be minutes or 10s of minutes instead of rounds...).

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Normally I don't prefer maids as my main follower option but hope and glory sends their thanks o great dracolich zaydos sama
    I cant stop smiling right now demon hunter with twin elven maids yes please ( I wish thrallherd can use casting instead of level for believers)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    I cant stop smiling right now demon hunter with twin elven maids yes please ( I wish thrallherd can use casting instead of level for believers)
    Thrallherd and twin eleven maid thralls? Interesting...

*resists temptation to make a BBEG using that build*

Oh, and Zaydos, if you feel like you have any other ideas based off of me, feel free to make them. I'm extremely pleased with what I already have, but if it boosts your creativity and/or keeps you busy until more tributes arrive, I wouldn't mind more...

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Thrallherd and twin eleven maid thralls? Interesting...

*resists temptation to make a BBEG using that build*

Oh, and Zaydos, if you feel like you have any other ideas based off of me, feel free to make them. I'm extremely pleased with what I already have, but if it boosts your creativity and/or keeps you busy until more tributes arrive, I wouldn't mind more...
    Feel free to made me big bad mate if you want to use demon hunter pm me for new link
    (Disclaimer demon hunter class is curently little bit op use with caution)
    And zaydos feel free to made any thing you want so permission for second use is granted

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll volunteer for another. If it'll help with ideas, I've been a fan of the Simic Initiate since its creation, and I was pretty into March Martial Madness while it was going on.

I find quirky subsystems and modular design to be utterly fascinating, in a way that the flavorless "Built To Tolerance" design that I was brought into 3.5 with simply isn't.
    Last edited by VoodooPaladin; 2016-02-02 at 02:58 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm not sure that's a good idea, they tend to be short lived. But yeah Expanding Cloud is my favorite of the 4 as well (I think the fear one is my least favorite, though Explorative spell should probably be minutes or 10s of minutes instead of rounds...).
    I like Exploit fear, because of tribute-ing in Civ 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

These are all fantastic.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2016-02-02 at 10:13 AM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Draconium’s Breath of Fear – New Feat of Fear (Draconium)

Draconium’s Breath of Fear [General]
    There is nothing more terrifying than a dragon’s breath. Your breath weapon stirs this terror in the hearts of foes.
    Prerequisites: Dragonblood, Breath Weapon, Cha 13+.
    Benefit: Whenever you use your breath weapon creatures which took at least 15 damage from it must make a Will save (same DC as your breath weapon) or be shaken for 1d4 rounds. Creatures which took at least 30 damage that fail their Will save are frightened for 1d3 rounds and then shaken for twice that number of rounds instead. Creatures which took at least 60 damage that fail their Will save are panicked for 1d6 rounds and then shaken for that many minutes. For every 20 damage dealt beyond 60 they are panicked for 1 additional round (and shaken for 1 additional minute) on a failed save. If you have multiple breath weapons even if they are used concurrently their damage is not added together for this feat’s effects.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

New Spells for Thralls (khadgar)

(Khadgar's) Infectious Madness
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Bard 3, player in yellow 2, thrall of shub-niggurath 4, sorcerer/wizard 3
    Components: V, S, Thrall
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Close (25 ft + 5 ft/2 levels)
    Target: 1 creature
    Duration: 1 round/caster level
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

The target suffers the effects of a Confusion spell, however any target they damage must make a Will save or be affected by this spell as if they were the original target. The duration for these secondary targets is 1 round/caster level from their infection and they may cause further infection. A creature which succeeds its Will save does not need to make another for a number of rounds equal to their Wisdom modifier (min 1 round), and once a creature has recovered from the infection it is immune to the infection caused by that casting.

(Khadgar's) Strip Will
    Level: Bard 3, player in yellow 3, thrall of shub-niggurath 4, sorcerer/wizard 4
    Target: 1 humanoid creature
    Duration: Special
    Spell Resistance: Yes.

This spell functions as dominate person except as described below. A creature affected by Strip Will suffers 1 point of Wisdom damage each minute until it has suffered Wisdom damage equal to its Wisdom score (if the damage is prevented it is still suffered for this purpose) at which point the spell immediately, if this reduces the target's Wisdom to 0 they gain 1d3 points of Depravity. The target is fully aware of their actions committed under this spell and that they were compelled, the awareness of it slowly working with the magic to destroy their minds.

(Khadgar's) Transformative Rage
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]/Transmutation
    Level: Bard 4, player in yellow 4, thrall of shub-niggurath 5, sorcerer/wizard 5
    Target: 1 living creature
    Duration: 3 rounds + 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: See below

You instill fury into a creature, a madness of rage which drives them to a frenzy and beyond stripping their mind of its cunning and changing their body into its vessel.

When you cast this spell the target is allowed a Will save to negate its effect. If they fail they enter into a rage identical to a Barbarian's except that they must make a Will save each round or attack the nearest creature with disregard to whether it is friend or foe; if they have the ability to rage they gain an additional +2 Strength and Constitution during this effect. As they rage the anger transforms them.

On the third round this transformation comes to a head. A Fortitude save negates this effect and immediately ends the spell, but only a creature which has succeed all three roundly Will saves is allowed one. If they fail they grow 1 size category (as if from an Enlarge Person spell), and gain an additional +4 to Strength and +2 to natural armor but suffer 2d6 nonlethal damage each round. Their skin turns strangely scaly, nictating membrane forming over their eyes, and their jaw distending to give them a bite attack (usable as a primary or secondary natural weapon) dealing 1d4 damage if Large. They no longer need to make roundly Will saves,they attack the nearest creature other than you with disregard to whether it is friend or foe, and if there are no valid creatures to attack they move at full speed to find one.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-02 at 11:13 AM.

Current Projects:

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

New Cytoplasmic Grafts (VoodooPaladin)
    And some light fun at the pop culture associations with your name's two halves.
    Hex Generator: As a free action a character bearing this graft may feed 6 colorless mana, with each point of black mana providing the equivalent of 2 colorless, through this graft to generate a cursed aura for 1 round. Other creatures within 10 ft of the graft bearer suffer a -1 penalty to AC and all d20 rolls. Each additional instance of this graft increases the range by 5 ft, and every 2 instances increase the mana cost by 2 colorless and the penalty by -1. A character must have Black as part of their color identity to originate this graft. You must be at least 5th level to create this graft as a Simic Initiate, or 8th as a Simic Biomancer.
    Spell Creation: This graft can be created with a 4th level or higher slot.

Smite Accumulator: Whenever you take 5 or more damage from a single attack you gain a 1 Smite Charge. You may expend 5 smite charge to make a single Smite Attempt. When you make a Smite attempt you gain a +4 bonus to hit and deal +1 damage per level in classes which grant Shape Graft the Graft Originator had, or CL if it was made via a spell. You may only store up to 5 Smite Charges per Smite Accumulator graft you possess, and each additional instance of Smite Accumulator you possess grants you an additional Smite Charge if you take 5 more damage than was required to generate full smite charges with the previous graft (if you have 2 you get 1 from 5 and 2 from 10, if you have 10 you’d get 1 from 5, 2 from 10, 3 from 15, 4 from 20, and so forth up to 10 from 50). A character must have White as part of their color identity to originate this graft. You must be at least a 3rd level Simic Biomancer to create this graft (Initiate can do so from level 1).
    Spell Creation: This graft can be created with a 2nd level or higher slot.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

New Spells for Thralls (khadgar)

(Khadgar's) Infectious Madness
    Level: Bard 3, player in yellow 2, thrall of shub-niggurath 4, sorcerer/wizard 3
    Target: 1 creature
    Duration: 1 round/caster level
    Spell Resistance: Yes

The target suffers the effects of a Confusion spell, however any target they damage must make a Will save or be affected by this spell as if they were the original target. The duration for these secondary targets is 1 round/caster level from their infection and they may cause further infection. A creature which succeeds its Will save does not need to make another for a number of rounds equal to their Wisdom modifier (min 1 round), and once a creature has recovered from the infection it is immune to the infection caused by that casting.

(Khadgar's) Strip Will
    Level: Bard 3, player in yellow 3, thrall of shub-niggurath 4, sorcerer/wizard 4
    Target: 1 humanoid creature
    Duration: Special

This spell functions as dominate person except as described below. A creature affected by Strip Will suffers 1 point of Wisdom damage each minute until it has suffered Wisdom damage equal to its Wisdom score (if the damage is prevented it is still suffered for this purpose) at which point the spell immediately, if this reduces the target's Wisdom to 0 they gain 1d3 points of Depravity. The target is fully aware of their actions committed under this spell and that they were compelled, the awareness of it slowly working with the magic to destroy their minds.

(Khadgar's) Transformative Rage
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]/Transmutation
    Level: Bard 4, player in yellow 4, thrall of shub-niggurath 5, sorcerer/wizard 5
    Target: 1 living creature
    Duration: 3 rounds + 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: See below

You instill fury into a creature, a madness of rage which drives them to a frenzy and beyond stripping their mind of its cunning and changing their body into its vessel.

When you cast this spell the target is allowed a Will save to negate its effect. If they fail they enter into a rage identical to a Barbarian's except that they must make a Will save each round or attack the nearest creature with disregard to whether it is friend or foe; if they have the ability to rage they gain an additional +2 Strength and Constitution during this effect. As they rage the anger transforms them.

On the third round this transformation comes to a head. A Fortitude save negates this effect and immediately ends the spell, but only a creature which has succeed all three roundly Will saves is allowed one. If they fail they grow 1 size category (as if from an Enlarge Person spell), and gain an additional +4 to Strength and +2 to natural armor but suffer 2d6 nonlethal damage each round. Their skin turns strangely scaly, nictating membrane forming over their eyes, and their jaw distending to give them a bite attack (usable as a primary or secondary natural weapon) dealing 1d4 damage if Large. They no longer need to make roundly Will saves,they attack the nearest creature other than you with disregard to whether it is friend or foe, and if there are no valid creatures to attack they move at full speed to find one.
    I hate rage based stuff da*n it i am all about love on harem sense man I am like issei hyodou like my chicks sexy and obedient to my every will
    but thanks mate

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Since I have the day off, I thought i would give you some good feedback.

Phoenixflame Knight – Wildwood Knight Archetype (Neophoenix0)

A phoenixflame knight is a member of a younger order which seeks to imitate the flight of the greater phoenixes of Elysium and the Fay Courts. Said to fly between worlds, resist death absolutely, and burn with the fire of Summer itself. While most phoenixflame knights serve the seelie court, the art of the blade transfers swiftly between the two courts and their kind can be found in both courts.

A phoenixflame knight gains access to Desert Wind instead of choosing between Crushing Avalanche and Flashing Lightning.

A phoenixflame knight adds Perform to their class skill list, a phoenix’s otherworldly song is a thing of legend but they do not gain a Seasonal Skill as they cannot devote the time to the study of the traditional skills of their courts.
    fluff is good and interesting

A phoenixflame knight does not gain Fast Movement instead they gain Bloody Step.

Bloody Step (Su): Beginning at 6th level whenever you score a critical hit in combat you may teleport up to 10 ft; this does not trigger any form of ability which allows you to make attacks on the end of teleportation. At your discretion you may appear in a burst of fire dealing 1d6 fire damage to all adjacent creatures and objects. Beginning at 12th level you may teleport 20 ft and deal 2d6 fire damage. Beginning at 18th level you may teleport up to 30 ft and deal 4d6 fire damage.
    Generally I would consider this a weaker thing but I like the random factor and it encourages a build path if you want to make better use out of it. Also when it does proc it is pretty powerful tactical movement that can also be used as a weapon.

A phoenixflame knight does not gain Standing in Court as they do not study the traditional arts of the courtly knights instead they gain Phoenix Resurgence; this counts as Standing in Court for any prerequisites which do not specify a court’s ability.

Phoenix Resurgence (Su): Three times per day you may channel the fires of the phoenixes, letting them flow through you healing you hp equal to 1/4th of your maximum health.
    not much to comment on but i do like classes that don't have to rely on others as much so self healing is nice.

A phoenixflame knight does not gain either of the standard choices for Red Dreams as they do not study the dreams of the Fay Lords and Ladies but instead those of the cryptic greater phoenixes. They gain Dreams of Flight a non-standard Red Dreams option, but cannot choose the standard options.

Dreams of Flight: When you use your Blood Dreams ability teleport 5 x Charisma score feet (if you appear inside an object you are shunted out and take 1d6 damage per square shunted) and gain flight with good maneuverability and 60 ft speed till the end of your next turn.
    Now this is just cool. tactical teleport combined with tactical flight just sounds awesome.

A phoenixflame knight is not the champion of either court, dedicating themselves to a creature only loosely tied to the courts. However they have viewed the dreams of the phoenixes, lost themselves in the dance of these dreams, and found its fire within. Instead of gaining their choice of Champion of Summer or Champion of Winter you gain Champion of the Phoenix.

Champion of the Phoenix: You gain a (lesser) Phoenix Companion. This companion is, in theory, an extension of your soul and you are able to project it out from you into an adjacent space as a swift or move action on your part, and, when it is adjacent to you, it may re-enter you as a standard action on its part. When it is within you, you may add fire damage equal to your charisma modifier to any martial strike you initiate, and you gain Fire Resistance 30. When you project it forth it becomes a creature (see stats below). If slain your Phoenix Companion reforms itself within your soul in a process taking a week (give or take a few hours) and you suffer 1 negative level for one hour. If you die your Lesser Phoenix dies 1 hour later. It is completely and absolutely loyal to you, being an extension of your own being. You possess an empathic link with this companion as a sorcerer does with their familiar, but it is deeper allowing for full telepathic communication out to 1/2 a mile; when your Lesser Phoenix is adjacent to you, you gain the benefits of the Alertness feat.

Spoiler: Lesser Phoenix
    Show
    Phoenix, Lesser
    Medium Magical Beast (Fire)
    Hit Dice: 16d10+80 (168 hp)
    Initiative: +8
    Speed: 20 ft (4 squares), or fly 90 ft (good)
    Armor Class: 26 (+8 Dexterity, +5 natural, +3 deflection), touch 21, flat-footed 18
    Base Attack/Grapple: +16/+19
    Attack: Bite +24 melee (1d8+4 plus 2d6 fire and 2d6 divine energy)
    Full Attack: Bite +24 melee (1d8+4 plus 2d6 fire and 2d6 divine energy) and 2 claws +21 melee (1d6+2 plus 2d6 fire and 2d6 divine energy)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Breath weapon, fire flight, sacred fire
    Special Qualities: Active healing, cold vulnerability, fast healing 5, fire immunity, flaming body, immunity to negative energy, death effects, and energy drain.
    Saves: Fort +15, Ref +18, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 18, Dex 27, Con 21, Int 14, Wis 19, Cha 16.
    Skills: Listen +23, Perform (Song) +20, Sense Motive +23, Spot +31, Tumble +18.
    Feats: Flyby Attack, Healing DevotionCC, Heighten BreathDra, Maximize BreathDra, Multiattack, Weapon Finesse.
    Environment: Elysium or temperate plains and hills.
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 13
    Treasure: Standard.
    Alignment: Always Neutral Good (Elysium), or often Chaotic Good (Fay) (Phoenixflame Knight’s alignment)
    Advancement: 17-24 HD (Medium).
    Level Adjustment:

A lesser phoenix is a race of highly intelligent bird with the ability to breathe fire and whose bodies are wreathed in sacred flames.

A lesser phoenix is a dweller in the plains of Elysium, a welcome sight across the fields of the Blessed Dead. Songbirds by nature their songs and their warmth are welcome companions of travelers across the plane, but one is advised not to commit evil in its sight, for it will not broke with evil deeds and will burn those who commit them.

Most lesser phoenixes on the Prime, however, are so called ‘fay’ phoenixes. Mechanically identical these phoenixes are normally associated with the seelie court and are much more likely to be of a non-good alignment. They are creatures of song and expression, violent to those who act against their own personal (and often unique) moral codes, and prone to overweening vanity such that the one certain way to anger them is to insult their song or plumage.

A lesser phoenix speaks Sylvan, and, if from Elysium, Celestial, as well as 2 additional languages (for high Int) usually Ignan and Common.

Combat:
    A lesser phoenix prefers to begin combat with a powerful fire blast before flying in to engage with its flaming claws and beak.

Active Healing (Su): As a standard action a lesser phoenix can focus on its self-recuperation healing itself 4d8+16 hp.

Breath Weapon (Su): A lesser phoenix has a single breath weapon a 30 ft cone of fire dealing 14d6 damage, half this damage is fire and half is pure divine force not affected by fire resistance or immunity. A Reflex save (DC 23, Constitution based) halves this damage. Once a lesser phoenix uses this breath weapon it must wait 1d4 rounds to do so again. Typically they will use this ability as a full round action to maximize it and increase its DC to 28 dealing 84 damage, and increasing the time till they can use it again to 1d4+8 rounds.

Fire Flight (Su): As a full round action a lesser phoenix can fly up to twice its speed, or four times in a straight line, spilling fire in its wake. Any creature it passes over or adjacent to during this flight takes 5d6 damage, half this damage is fire and half is pure divine force. A Reflex save is allowed for half damage (DC 23, Constitution based).

Flaming Body (Su): A lesser phoenix’s body is writhed in flames providing light as a lantern. This fire will not burn, and in fact while it will warm a creature will not increase the temperature to damaging levels even with prolonged exposure. However if a creature strikes the phoenix with a (non-reach) melee attack the fires will turn hostile dealing 2d6+3 (Charisma modifier) damage to the attacking creature, half of this damage is fire damage and half is pure divine force not subject to (fire) resistance or immunity.

Sacred Flames (Su): A lesser phoenix’s talons and beak writhe with divine fire when it attacks. This fire deals 4d6 damage, one half (2d6) of which is fire damage and one half (2d6) is pure divine force not subject to (fire) resistance or immunity. This is included in the phoenix’s stats above.

Skills: A lesser phoenix gains a +8 racial bonus to Perform (Sing) and Spot checks.
    Yeah, no way I can complain about getting a miniature phoenix as a pet.

Also, i am tempted to ask my DM if I can use that maid thing you made for khadgar
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-02-02 at 01:00 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Draconium’s Breath of Fear – New Feat of Fear (Draconium)
    Oh...

Draconium’s Breath of Fear [General]
    There is nothing more terrifying than a dragon’s breath. Your breath weapon stirs this terror in the hearts of foes.
    Oh, yes...

Prerequisites: Dragonblood, Breath Weapon, Cha 13+.
    Benefit: Whenever you use your breath weapon creatures which took at least 15 damage from it must make a Will save (same DC as your breath weapon) or be shaken for 1d4 rounds. Creatures which took at least 30 damage that fail their Will save are frightened for 1d3 rounds and then shaken for twice that number of rounds instead. Creatures which took at least 60 damage that fail their Will save are panicked for 1d6 rounds and then shaken for that many minutes. For every 20 damage dealt beyond 60 they are panicked for 1 additional round (and shaken for 1 additional minute) on a failed save. If you have multiple breath weapons even if they are used concurrently their damage is not added together for this feat’s effects.
    Oh, yessssss...

This is amazing. Just... amazing. Not even overly powerful, but still amazing. I never knew I needed this in my life until now. Thank you once again, Zaydos!

Extended Signature Link

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Since I have the day off, I thought i would give you some good feedback.
    Thanks.

fluff is good and interesting
    At some point I need to detail out my image of the Fay Courts.

Generally I would consider this a weaker thing but I like the random factor and it encourages a build path if you want to make better use out of it. Also when it does proc it is pretty powerful tactical movement that can also be used as a weapon.
    That's about my assessment (coupled with a 'you can get Fast Movement 10 with an item' ... except I might have made Wildwood Knight's not be an enhancement bonus because I hate having them be enhancement bonuses).

not much to comment on but i do like classes that don't have to rely on others as much so self healing is nice.

Now this is just cool. tactical teleport combined with tactical flight just sounds awesome.
    Yeah, the earlier one was just a last minute 'hey I can change this too' where these two and

Yeah, no way I can complain about getting a miniature phoenix as a pet.
    Were the purpose of it. Glad you seem to like it.

Also, i am tempted to ask my DM if I can use that maid thing you made for khadgar
    Note to self add a bit of etchi to homebrew people like it better

Actually I like the maid better than the ruin delver. One was an uninspired chaotic clash of ideas made in literally less time than it took me to write up notes on how I changed it for a contest at the last minute largely as a way to keep my mind off of depressing real world events (grandfather had just died), the other is a cohesive whole that actually makes sense as a character archetype instead of being a mix of archetypes (Skill Instructor is the only neat thing about Ruin Delver but doesn't actually make sense on a Ruin Delver).

Oh...

Oh, yes...

Oh, yessssss...

-I'm Daeny! -

This is amazing. Just... amazing. Not even overly powerful, but still amazing. I never knew I needed this in my life until now. Thank you once again, Zaydos!
    It's a monster feat more than a PC one, I mean with Discorporating Breath of Tiamat you'll force a save versus frightened if they succeed the Reflex save, but other than that it's iffy. But put it on a True Dragon and you can get some nasty stuff with Heighten Breath and Maximize Breath. CR 15 Adult Red will get DC 33 save vs Panic unless they have Evasion or Electricity resistance (because obviously you use Breath Weapon Substitution). This is on top of 120 electricity damage (Reflex halves) and really, really mean.

>>
    I have been semi-banned from running dragons
    <<

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a monster feat more than a PC one, I mean with Discorporating Breath of Tiamat you'll force a save versus frightened if they succeed the Reflex save, but other than that it's iffy. But put it on a True Dragon and you can get some nasty stuff with Heighten Breath and Maximize Breath. CR 15 Adult Red will get DC 33 save vs Panic unless they have Evasion or Electricity resistance (because obviously you use Breath Weapon Substitution). This is on top of 120 electricity damage (Reflex halves) and really, really mean.
    Oh, yes, as a PC feat, it's not too good, as it's rather difficult to optimize breath weapon blasting. But as a monstrous feat, it can be totally devastating. And since fear effects are cumulative, it can stack with Frightful Presence, though the presence would be easier to resist. However, if one were to fail both Will saves, and you blocked off their means of escape...

>>
    <<
    I know the feeling - this may or may not be the exact situation I'm in as well. Which I'm sure has nothing to do with the time I slaughtered the party with a "CR-appropriate" White Dragon that wasn't even fully optimized. It didn't even get a chance to use its spellcasting...

Extended Signature Link

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

>>
    <<
    If I do the same thing I did before, I might get banned from using goblins, and kobolds, and basically any potentially tactical unit of small fry. an 8 hour war against one group of goblins is fun one time but after that i suspect it gets stale. BTW these were stupid basically designed goblins the only difference is i swapped their feat out for improved initiative hoping they would get to go at all and well... there were ambushes, traps, cover to cover fighting all on both sides and eveything ended up a mess.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, alright. I give permission, although I confess I'm not sure where I'd begin to ask you to expand on something. Your work to date is both numerous and sophisticated, and I honestly don't know what I'd want to see you add to it.

Then again, if I had to hazard a guess, it would be that you had already had something in mind, so... Surprise me.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

For you, Virus, Snowbluff, and Xuldarinaar it is true I have something in mind. Of the four you're probably easiest (as long as I avoid Courtier and Jedi... as apparently I'd make the same stuff inspired by you and Emperor Palpatine).

Fell Wolf Powers (Red Fel)

The following are new wolf powers for werewolves who have been touched by the honeyed corruption of Hell.

Omega
    • Fell Touched (Ex): Your fur is red. Bluff and Diplomacy are added to Werewolf class skill list (refund). You become immune to magical effects which force you to tell the truth or punish you for lying, and may make a Feint attempt in combat as a move action, or as a swift action if you have the Improved Feint feat.

Beta
    • Cutting Feint (Ex): Requires Bestial Trip, Fel Touched, or Pack Fighter. When you feint another creature in combat you gain a +2 to hit with your next attack even if your Feint attempt was a failure, and deal +2d6 precision damage if the attempt was a success. In addition you may Feint more quickly, as a move action, swift action if you have Improved Feint or Fel Touched, and 2/round as a free action if you have both.
    • Dark Charm (Su): Requires Fel Touched or Dhampyr-Blood. You gain the ability to charm creatures with your voice. This functions as Charm Monster but with a 10 minute/class level duration and is usable once per day + once per day per 6 class levels.
    • Fell Words (Su): Requires Fell Touched. 3/day you may state an utterance that those listening must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ Werewolf level + Cha modifier) or they accept as truth despite the utter ridiculous that you are their parent while they are older than you, or that the sky is orange when they can see it is blue. If another creature tells them it is untrue and presents them with evidence they are allowed another save, otherwise this effect lasts 1 day/2 werewolf levels.

Alpha:
    • Hell’s Step: A werewolf may qualify with Fel Touched++ or Fel Touched and Shadow Child in addition to the regular methods.
    • Shadow Cut (Su): Requires Cutting Feint and Moonshadow Trickster or Moonshadow Adept or Shadow Child. You may attack a creature’s shadow instead of itself. To do so you the creature must cast a shadow, usually meaning it must be in bright or shadowy illumination. When you attack a creature’s shadow it is denied its Dexterity bonus, but the blow must still strike hard enough and at a chink to push through its armor (it is not a touch attack). If the target is between you and a source of light its shadow is consider to extend out from it towards you a number of squares equal to the creature’s space.
    • Fell Threads (Su): Requires Dark Charm or Fell Words. 1/day plus 1/day per 3 levels beyond 14th you have obtained you may extend the threads of your will into the soul of another to use it as your puppet. This functions like Dominate Monster except its duration is 1 round per Werewolf level and it is a supernatural ability with a Will save DC 10 + ½ Werewolf level + Cha modifier.

Mythic:
    • Fell Prophet (Su): Requires Fell Threads, you must be Evil aligned to select this Wolf Power. Your words carry a dark power. You gain Dark Speech as a bonus feat. Any creature which hears you speak, regardless of what words you say, must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ Werewolf level + Cha modifier) or have their attitude towards you improved; a hostile creature becomes indifferent towards you and unwilling to harm directly harm you unless actively coerced to do so or you are currently and actively threatening those they care about, an unfriendly or indifferent creature becomes friendly seeing you as a cherished friend and wishing you well (similar to Charm Person), and an already Friendly creature becomes Helpful, and willing to take (non-suicidal) risks for you. This is a mind-affecting charm effect. This effect lasts until the affected creature goes one hour without hearing your voice at which point they will return to their initial attitude towards you over the course of 10 minutes. If a creature successfully saves against this effect they are immune for 24 hours. In addition once per round you may utter a command to one creature within 60 ft as a standard action. It must make a Will save (same DC) or be affected as if by the command spell. This is a mind-affecting compulsion effect. 3 times per day you can utter this command to all creatures which can hear you and you do not specifically exempt, it functions the same way (as a command spell) except it affects any number of targets and has a theoretically infinite range.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-03 at 02:53 PM.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #82
    Banned

I volunteer as tribute!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

For you, Virus, Snowbluff, and Xuldarinaar it is true I have something in mind. Of the four you're probably easiest (as long as I avoid Courtier and Jedi... as apparently I'd make the same stuff inspired by you and Emperor Palpatine).

Fell Wolf Powers (Red Fel)
    I asked to be surprised, and I was. Well, I was and I wasn't. I was surprised to find that my tribute involved werewolves. I was not surprised at how awesome it was.

Excellently done. Do like. Civilized and savage at the same time. A favorite juxtaposition of mine.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I volunteer as tribute!
    Curses and truenaming, why did it take me more than 3 minutes to come up with what to expand?
    Susurrus of the Serpent - Doomsayer "Archetype" (Jormengand)

You hear the susurrus of the great serpent, the embodiment of the final destruction, larger than the mind can contain. This is not, necessarily, a true being, but merely an incarnation of the end of all things. Its whispers are the words which will end the world, by its sheer dissolution back into the void from which it was spoken. It is not necessarily a means of the end of the world, at least not one which most would observe. The world may be destroyed, the gods may fall, winter may consume all life. The susurrus of the great serpent is what follows after, the great final unmaking of all things, the obviation of existence with a final word. Doomsayers of this path tend to choose their words with great care, for they know more than any other the power of words.

This replaces your standard Path of the Apocalypse. You instead gain the "Apocalyptic Path" of the Serpent. This path has no invocations, drawing its malisons from other paths and its powers from the powers of truespeak itself. As such your Malisons, Dreams of the End, and 1st through 5th Sign abilities are modified (as all Path of the Apocalypse does is determine those

Malisons: You gain malisons from the Time and Necrosis Paths. Specifically as your least malison you gain Rend the Ethers (Time), as your lesser you gain Inevitable Demise (Necrosis), as your greater Tear their Time (Time), and as your dark Word of Ending (Necrosis).

Dreams of the End: The serpent speaks the truename of each thing which has ever existed as it snuffs the light of their soul out of reality. Your insight bonus does not apply to Knowledge checks of a specific type, instead you gain the bonus to all Knowledge checks made to research a creature's personal truename.

1st Sign (Ex): You gain a +3 bonus to Bluff, Intimidate, and Truespeak checks.

2nd Sign: You gain knowledge of your own personal truename, and a recitation feat of your choice for which you fulfill the prerequisites. In addition you may select one first or second level utterance of the lexicon of the evolving mind and speak it as if you were a truenamer of your doomsayer level.

3rd Sign: You gain Dark Speech and Words of Creation as bonus feats (you do not need to meet their prerequisites), this has no effect on your alignment. In addition select one fourth level or lower utterance of the lexicon of the evolving mind, you may speak it as if you were a truenamer of your doomsayer level.

4th Sign: Each day you may select one utterance of level four or lower from the lexicon of the evolving mind, one of level three or lower from the lexicon of the crafted tool, and one level one utterance from the lexicon of the perfected map. You may speak these utterances as a truenamer of your doomsayer level until the next time you sleep for at least 4 hours. You do not have to choose which utterance from each lexicon until you have need to use the utterance from that lexicon.

5th Sign: 3 times per week you may speak a word which works havoc upon nature itself, this is the equivalent of a 10th level spell-like ability, with your doomsayer caster level. This word causes one of three effects: a hurricane which extends across a 1 mile radius for 1 hour; an earthquake (as the earthquake) spell which extends across a 10 mile radius for 3 rounds; or destroy a 100 ft cube of the ground, a structure, or any unattended object within line of sight and line of effect (a structure that is less than a 100 ft cube is simply destroyed) as if disintegrated. Once per year you can increase the magnitude of this effect. The hurricane extends across a 20 mile radius and lasts for 1 day; the earthquake extends across a 100 mile radius (though it still lasts only 3 rounds); or destroys a 500 ft cube of the ground, a structure, or any unattended object.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Apocalyptic Path of the Dragon - Doomsayer (Draconium)

Blood drips from the sword as the last of Tiamat's brood lays slain, the last dragon dead. The triumph marches through the streets of the world's cities, fanfares announcing the arriving heroes. Yet something goes wrong. Spells fizzle and magic fades. With the death of the last dragon man had killed magic itself. Mages war over fading mana, clerics attempting to hold onto the last conduits of their gods. People starve in the streets as fantasy wilts from the world. Then you awaken.

Fire burns the skies. A roar shattering the air with its fury. Wing beats stir the wind into a storm. The moon is dyed red, as blood rains and man and dragon wars. A knight falls to a dragon's claw. A spell slays a wyrm. Yet still the battle rages. The fiery breath of a dragon melts the castle of Kleinsburg, and the king's crown rests upon a hoard. Ages past in a blur, as mankind dwindles and dies, till only the dragons remain. Then you awaken.

The apocalyptic path of the dragon is a path of magic and power. This apocalypse hinges upon dragons. Whether it is a great war in which they break the world with their power, conquer man and rest as kings till they have eaten away their own food source and nothing remains, or a destruction brought about by their eradication. Powers of this path give you draconic abilities, or the power to slay dragons. Doomsayers following this path can take on some of the proud arrogance of the dragons whose powers they emulate and who they hold the power to slay.

Mechanics: Dragon is a new Apocalyptic Path for Doomsayers. They may select this path in place of one of the original apocalyptic paths, may take path focus for it, and so forth. Below the Dreams of the End, Malisons, Signs, and new Invocations associated with the path are elucidated.

Dreams of the End: The Path of the Dragon grants its bonus to Knowledge (Arcana).

Malisons: You gain the Wyrmbane, Shouted Breath, Greater Wyrmbane, and Greater Shouted Breath Malisons as you level.

1st Sign: You gain the Dragonblood subtype and the ability to use Detect DragonbloodDrM as a spell-like ability at will.

2nd Sign: You gain immunity to paralysis and sleep and may apply your Dreams of the End bonus to Listen and Spot checks.

3rd Sign: Your body becomes more draconic. You grow scales which grant increase your natural armor by +2 and wings which grant you flight with average maneuverability and speed equal to twice your land speed.

4th Sign: You gain a modicum of the magical power of dragons. You may select one sorcerer spell of each level 4th and below. You may cast each such spell once per day, using your Doomsayer caster level. These spells cannot be silenced, and have a verbal component added if they do not already have one, but are automatically stilled. You may reselect these spells once per day after 8 hours of rest by spending 10 minutes in meditation.

5th Sign: When you gain this ability select one color from Black, Blue, Brass, Bronze, Copper, Gold, Green, Red, Silver, or White. Once per week you may assume a draconic form as a swift action, as if with the alternate form ability. Your size becomes Huge, your Strength becomes 30, Dexterity 10, and Constitution 24. You gain natural armor +12 (includes the 3rd sign). While in this form you gain DR 10/magic, SR 26, frightful presence with a 30 ft range (DC 10 + 1/2 doomsayer level + Cha modifier), Keen Senses as a true dragon, 120 ft darkvision, and blindsense 60 ft. Your land speed becomes 60 ft and you gain a 300 ft (poor) fly speed. You gain a primary bite attack dealing 2d8 + Str damage, 2 secondary claw attacks dealing 2d6 + 1/2 Str, 2 secondary wing attacks dealing 1d8 + 1/2 Str, and a tail slap dealing 2d6 + 1-1/2 Str. Finally you gain a breath weapon dealing 20d8 damage per caster level with a type and area based upon the color you chose, an 100-ft line of acid if black or copper, a line of electricity if blue or bronze, or a line of fire if brass, and a 50 ft cone of acid if green, cone of fire if red or gold, or cone of cold if white or silver. After using your breath weapon you must wait 1d4 rounds before using it again, finally you gain immunity to the damage dealt by your breath weapon. This form lasts 2 minutes. Once per year you can assume this form for a longer duration of 24 hours.

Apocalyptic Path of the Dragon Invocations:

Least:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Command of Draconic Hardness
    Effective Level: 2nd.
    School: Transmutation.
    Path: Dragon.
    Casting Time: Standard action.
    Range: Personal.
    Target: You.
    Duration: 24 hours (D)
    Saving Throw: None.
    Spell Resistance: No.
    Truename: Yes.
    With a word you invoke the mystical power that flows through aging wyrms which grants them resistance to normal steel.
    While under the effects of this invocation you gain DR 2/magic + 1/2 Caster Levels.
    Truename Effect: If you include your personal truename in this invocation you gain a +2 enhancement bonus to your Natural Armor.

Egg of the Beginning
    School: Necromancy.
    Range: Touch.
    Target: Willing living or undead creature touched.
    Duration: 10 minutes/caster level (D).
    With a word and a touch you coat the target in the primal egg, letting life wash over them and restore them to health.
    When you use this invocation a draconic egg forms around a willing creature touched (any force of will exerted against this effect causes the egg to shatter and crack). This egg blocks line of effect, and has hardness and hp equal to your caster level. While within the egg the creature within is blind, and almost deafened suffering a -20 to Listen checks, and it blocks blindsense, blindsight, and similar senses. However the creature within heals at an accelerated rate they heal 1 hp per 2 caster levels you possess each minute they are within the egg. A creature can only benefit from one Egg of the Beginning from a given doomsayer each day.

While within an Egg of the Beginning a creature cannot take any action that requires movement unless they burst the egg first (standard action). When a creature exits an Egg of the Beginning (regardless of means) they are dazed for 1 round, if it was destroyed they are dazed for an additional 1d4 rounds unless they succeed a Will save (DC 20).

Truename Effect: The creature is allowed a saving throw against any one disease they are infected with each minute. They do not suffer damage from this disease but if they succeed on the requisite consecutive saves (normally 2) they are cured. In addition they heal 1 point of ability damage to each ability score per 5 minutes.

Mein of Apocalyptic Wyrm
    School: Illusion (Glamer).
    Truename: No.
    With the words of the dragons you take on the visage of a dragon, invoking fear in those who see you.
    While under the effects of this invocation the image of a draconic face is super imposed across yours, a draconic form flickering in and out of existence around your body. You gain a +4 bonus on Intimidate checks and may make demoralize attempts on creatures within 30 ft even if you do not threaten them in melee. When you successfully demoralize a creature they are shaken for an additional round per 3 caster levels you possess; this lingering fear does not stack with other demoralize attempts.

Nose for Gold
    Effective Level: 3rd.
    School: Divination.
    You develop the ability to smell treasure, to sense its presence like a gentle caress

This functions as the spell Treasure Scent (Spell Compendium, Page 223) except as listed here. You may detect valuable metals that are not copper, silver, gold, or platinum and know they are not any of those four metals. In addition you may detect valuables that were part of a dragon's hoard within the last week at double the normal range (60 ft) and through twice the normal thickness of material.

Wyrmbane
    Effective Level: 1st
    Path: Dragon (Malison).
    Range: Close.
    Target: 1 creature.
    Duration: Instantaneous.
    Saving Throw: Will negates.
    With a word of destruction you let the raw energies of reality rage against the animating forces of your foe.
    The target takes 1d6+caster level damage. These forces are particularly damaging to dragons and dragonblooded creatures dealing 1d10+CL instead of 1d6+CL to them and causing them to be unable to cast spells, use spell-like abilities, or use any breath weapon they may possess for 1 round.
    Truename Effect: If the target is a dragon or dragonblooded it takes double damage, with a will save merely halving the damage and negating the secondary effects, and cannot use its breath weapon for 1 additional round per 5 caster levels if they fail their will save.

Lesser
    Spoiler
    Show
    Command of Youth
    Effective Level: 4th
    Path: Dragon, Time.
    Target: 1 living creature.
    Duration: 1 hour/caster level (D).
    Saving Throw: Fort negates.
    With a word you impose a backwards life on another, causing age to slough from them.
    If the target is a true dragon or other creature that progresses through age categories they become physically 1 age category younger (this functions as alternate form into one age category younger except they do not get average stats if they do not have average stats already); their natural armor, size, physical ability scores, etc are reduced, but they retain hit dice and supernatural or mental abilities gained. Their breath weapon, however, is reduced back to what it was 1 age category ago and they gain 2 negative levels (these negative levels never become full level loss and end when the effect ends).

If the target does not progress through age categories they simply regress an aging level physically. If they are venerable they become old, if they're old they become middle-age, and middle-aged becomes adult in all three cases losing the aging penalties. If they're adults they become adolescents taking -1 to Str and Con, if they're adolescents they become children taking a -2 to Str, Dex, and Con, if they're children they become infants becoming helpless.

You may only have a number of commands of youth active at a time equal to your Charisma modifier.

Coveted Gold
    School: Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
    Target: 1 living creature per 4 caster levels
    Duration: 1 round/caster level.
    Saving Throw: Will negates.
    With a word you instill a desire and need for an object within the minds of your foes working to force them to fight each other for possession of it.
    This functions as the spell Miser's Envy (Spell Compendium, Page 142) except that you may target an additional creature per 4 caster levels beyond 4th. You do not select a different object per creature, all those failing their Will save coveting the same object almost certainly beginning a fight between the creatures.

Dance of the Dragon Slayer
    Effective Level: 3rd.
    School: Divination.
    Path: Apocalyptic Whispers, Dragon.
    The deaths and lives of a dozen dragon slayers dance through your mind, whispers of movement and avoidance, the dance of the dragon slayer. You body moves to dodge the most horrifying blasts and bursts without even a thought, a reflexive movement to evade the worst of these blows.

You gain Evasion. Against breath weapons this improves to Improved Evasion and whenever you succeed on a saving throw against a breath weapon you gain a +1 to your caster level for the purposes of malisons against the source of that breath weapon for 1 round (if they affect an area it only applies to their duration, damage, and Spell Resistance checks against that creature).

Jaws of the Gluttonous Wurm
    School: Enchantment (Compulsion)/Transmutation [Mind-Affecting]
    Duration: 1 round/caster level.
    Saving Throw: Fort negates, Will partial (see below).
    With a word of hunger and fury you fill a creature with unspeakable need, even as you cause their jaws to twist and grow.
    The target's jaws grow out giving them a bite attack (1d6 damage if medium) or improving their preexisting bite attack as if they had grown 1 size category. A successful Fortitude save negates this effect and ends the invocation immediately. If they fail the save (or do not make it because they want the bite attack) they must make a Will save at the start of each round or spend the round in an attempt to bite (and in theory eat) the nearest organic creature; if two legitimate targets are equally close they may choose freely. A successful Will save resists this compulsion for 1 round.
    Truename Effect: By speaking the truename of a creature other than the target while using this invocation you compel the target to attempt to eat that creature in favor of nearer creatures as long as they have line of sight to it and it is organic.

Marked Gold
    School: Divination [Scrying].
    Range: Touch
    Target: Touched object.
    Duration: 1 hour/caster level (D).
    Saving Throw: Will negates (object).
    Spell Resistance: Yes (object).
    You mark the object as yours, your dragon's greed allowing you to follow it to the very ends of the world.
    When you use this invocation you mark the touched object as yours. It must be made of a precious metal, a rare metal such as mithral or adamantine, be a gem, a piece of artwork or fine craftsmanship, a magic item or otherwise valuable item. It cannot be a mere tool or weapon even a masterwork one. As long as the item remains marked, and on the same plane as you, you can sense the direction (but not distance) to that object and, by concentrating on it, may scry upon the object and its surroundings out to 10 ft. You may only have a number of marked objects at one time equal to 1 per 3 caster levels.
    Truename Effect: If you speak the name of an object which has enough import to have a personal truename you may increase the range to special targeting that object as if with a scry spell; the special modifiers to saving throws of a scry spell apply as well.

Shouted Breath
    Effective Level: 3rd
    School: Evocation.
    Range: See below
    Area: 20 ft cone or 40 ft line.
    Saving Throw: Reflex halves.
    You shout a word of elemental force, draconic breath billowing from your mouth behind it.
    When you use this invocation select a 20 ft cone of acid, a 20 ft cone of cold, a 20 ft cone of fire, a 40 ft line of acid, a 40 ft line of electricity, or a 40 ft line of fire. You release energy in that shape and of that type, dealing 1d6 damage per 2 caster levels. A reflex save halves this damage.
    Truename Effect: You ignore the named creature's energy resistances or immunities.

Wyvern's Poison
    Range: Touch
    Target: Touched creature.
    Duration: Instantaneous (see below).
    Saving Throw: Fort negates (see below).
    Calling upon the venomous powers of wyverns, infecting the subject with a horrible poison with a touch.
    By making a successful melee touch attack you poison the target. The poison deals 2d6 points of Constitution damage immediately and another 2d6 points of Constitution damage 1 minute later. Each instance of damage can be negated by a Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ your caster level + your Cha modifier).

Greater:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Call Deathly Dragon
    Effective Level: 6th
    School: Conjuration (Summoning)/Necromancy.
    Path: Dragon, Necrosis.
    Casting Time: 10 minutes.
    Effect: 1 skeletal dragon.
    Saving Throw: No.
    With a word you call the bones of a dragon ripped from time either future or past to appear before you animating to obey your will.
    When you use this invocation you summon a true dragon with HD equal to or less than your Caster Level and the skeleton dragon template. It serves you loyalty for the duration. You may only have one such deathly dragon at a time and to summon another you must first rid yourself of the first. It crumbles to dust if it ever strays more than 40 ft from you per caster level.
    Truename Effect: By speaking the truename of a dragon you can summon it with its breath weapon intact. However if it is destroyed you cannot call that dragon again for 1 month. It is possible to use the name of a still living dragon (in which case it can be summoned as if up to 1 age category older than it is though still a skeleton) or a deceased dragon (in which case it is whatever age it was when it died). Yes you are summoning the skeleton of a dragon from a potential future to fight for you.

Curse of the False Wyrm
    Duration: 1 round/caster level (D).
    Saving Throw: Fort negates.
    With a word of curse you force the creature into the form of a false dragon, the lowly shape of a pseudodragon.
    The target is transformed into a pseudodragon unless they succeed on a Fortitude save. This functions like alternate form (or as polymorph without healing and with granting Ex special qualities) granting the target the physical ability scores of an average pseudodragon.
    Truename Effect: If you work the target's truename into the invocation the duration increases to 1/caster level.

Eyes of the Elder Wyrms
    Effective Level: 6th.
    School: Divination/Transmutation.
    With a word you grant yourself the grand senses of a dragon, eyes that pierce the darkness, and ears that hear the least breath.
    While this invocation is in effect you gain many sensory advantages. You gain a +6 bonus to Listen, Search, and Spot checks, darkvision 60 ft (or your darkvision increases by 60 ft), you can see twice as far as previously in low-light conditions, and the penalty you take on listen and spot checks due to distance is halved. You gain Blindsense out to 30 ft, and finally you gain the ability to Detect Magic (as spell) by concentration.

Magic Fades
    School: Abjuration.
    Range: Medium.
    Target or Area: One spellcaster, creature, or object; or 20-ft.-radius burst
    Duration: Instantaneous and 2 rounds.
    With a word of sorrow you speak of the death of magic and the fading of fantasy, a word to end what magic has wrought.
    This functions as Greater Dispel Magic but it cannot be used to counterspell. However it echoes for 2 rounds. On the first and second round after you use this invocation it repeats on the target or area with a -5 penalty to the dispel check.

Wyrmbane, Greater
    Target: 1 creature.
    Saving Throw: Will partial.
    With a word of destruction you let the raw energies of reality rage against the animating forces of your foe.
    The target takes 1d6/caster level damage. These forces are particularly damaging to dragons and dragonblooded creatures dealing 2d4/caster level instead of 1d6/caster level to them and causing them to be unable to cast spells, use spell-like abilities, or use any breath weapon they may possess for 1 round per 5 caster levels. A successful Will save halves this damage and negates the secondary effect.
    Truename Effect: If the target is a dragon or dragonblooded it takes +2 damage per caster level.

Dark
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fundamentalis Burn
    Effective Level: 9th
    Target: 1 creature or object.
    Duration: 5 rounds.
    Saving Throw: Fort partial.
    You channel the raw power of the draconis fundamentalis into a creature, letting pure energy form within them and burn its way out.
    When you use this invocation choose one of acid, cold, electricity, or fire. The target takes 1d8 damage of that energy type per caster level and suffer a -4 penalty to attack rolls, AC, saving throws, skill and ability checks due to the pain; a creature with Con - is immune to this pain. A Fortitude save halves this damage and negates the penalty due to pain. At the start of their next turn they take 1d8 damage per 2 caster levels and suffer a -2 penalty to the above statistics; again a Fortitude save halves this damage and negates this penalty. At the start of their next turn they take 1d8 damage per 4 caster levels and suffer a -2 to the same statistics; again a Fortitude save halves this damage and negates the penalty. At the start of their next turn they take 1d8 damage per 8 caster levels and suffer a -1 to the same statistics; again a Fortitude save halves this damage and negates the penalty. At the start of their next turn they take 1d8 damage and suffer a -1 to the same statistics; again a Fortitude save halves this damage and negates the penalty. A creature which takes no damage in a round never suffers the penalty to rolls and AC. If you use this invocation on a creature already being damaged by it the previous instance ends immediately.
    Truename Effect: Ignore the target's energy resistances and immunities. They suffer an additional -1 penalty on all rounds but the last.

Heads of the Chromatic Mother
    Effective Level: 8th.
    With a word you invoke four of the heads of Tiamat, great and fierce, green, blue, white, and black growing from your back to snap forth at your foes.
    While this invocation is active you gain four draconic heads which sprout from your back. These heads may each attack once per round as a free action as if a primary natural weapon dealing 2d8 + Strength damage with a reach of 15 ft. You may make attacks of opportunity with these heads. They use your BAB, but are considered huge creatures getting a -2 size penalty to attack rolls instead of using your size modifier, and have a Strength of 28 (+8) or your Charisma modifier whichever is higher. These heads are considered magical weapons for the purposes of overcoming DR and gain a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage.

Prism of the Chromatic Mother
    Effective Level: 8th
    School: Illusion (Shadow).
    Effect: 4 quasi-real duplicates of yourself.
    With a word you cast from yourself the essence of four dragons, four shadows of yourself each almost you.
    You create 4 incorporeal quasi-real duplicates of yourself. You may see and hear through them as if they were you, gaining a +2 bonus to listen and spot checks per duplicate whose senses overlap the region. Each of these duplicates has 1 hp per 2 caster levels, and 1 is immune to acid, 1 is immune to cold, 1 is immune to electricity, and 1 is immune to fire (which is which is known to you). You can direct these duplicates to take move actions as a free action, and you may use invocations through any of these duplicates as if they were you, even potentially delivering touch spells. You may only have one set of such duplicates active at a time, and if one is destroyed you must dismiss them all to create a new set.
    Truename Effect: If you speak Tiamat's personal truename (the equivalent of an artifact) instead of creating 4 quasi-real duplicates of yourself you create 4 dragons. 4 of: an adult red dragon, a mature adult green dragon, an adult blue dragon, an old white dragon, and a mature adult black dragon. These dragons are the same each time you summon them (although you may change which 4) and damage and spells expended carry over between summons with them healing fully if not summoned for 8 hours. If one of these dragons is slain you cannot summon it for 1 week after which time it is revived.

Shouted Breath, Greater
    Effective Level: 8th
    Area: 70 ft cone or 140 ft line.
    You shout a word of elemental force, draconic breath billowing from your mouth behind it.
    When you use this invocation select a 70 ft cone of acid, a 70 ft cone of cold, a 70 ft cone of fire, a 140 ft line of acid, a 140 ft line of electricity, or a 140 ft line of fire. You release energy in that shape and of that type, dealing 1d8 damage per caster level. A reflex save halves this damage.
    Truename Effect: You ignore the named creature's energy resistances or immunities.

The Sky Burns
    Effective Level: 9th
    School: Evocation [Fire].
    Area: 100 ft radius 10 mile tall cylinder centered on yourself.
    You call the flames of the Dragon War, the fires which ignite the air itself. You melt the air, burning all those who dare take flight.
    When you use this invocation fire burns through the air in a cylinder extending in a 100 ft radius centered on you rising 5 miles up and descending 5 miles down or to the limits of line of effect. Any creature which is flying, gliding, falling, or jumping in this area takes 1d12+1 fire damage/caster level. A Reflex save is allowed to halve this damage.
    Truename Effect: You ignore the named creature's fire resistance or immunity.

Word of Draconic Wingbeats
    Effective Level: 8th.
    With a word you grow great draconic wings, a covering of scales forming across your body.
    When you use this invocation you grow draconic scales granting you a +6 enhancement bonus to natural armor and a pair of draconic wings (or your existing wings enlarge) granting a fly speed of 300 ft with clumsy maneuverability. You may spend a move action to begin hovering, remaining in place until you move. If you hover within 20 feet of the ground in an area with lots of loose debris, the draft from your wings creates a hemispherical cloud with a radius of 60 feet. The winds so generated can snuff torches, small campfires, exposed lanterns, and other small, open flames of non-magical origin. Clear vision within the cloud is limited to 10 feet. Creatures have concealment at 15 to 20 feet (20% miss chance). At 25 feet or more, creatures have total concealment (50% miss chance, and opponents cannot use sight to locate the creature). Those caught in the cloud must succeed on a Concentration check (DC 10 + ½ your CL) to cast a spell.

While this invocation is in effect you may create a gust of wind similar to the gust of wind spell at-will as a standard action. In addition your powerful wings cause you to be treated as a gargantuan creature for the purposes of resisting wind effects, grapple, bull rush, and trip attempts.

Path of Dragon and What has Come Before

Alright the path is a little scant in invocations, but I need to sleep and it's not as broad an apocalypse as most of the originals. However to round it out a bit, and allow for full benefit from feats, the following invocations are considered to be Dragon path as well as their original path(s).

Least:
    • Beguiling Influence
    • Crack the Ground
    • Magic Insight

Lesser:
    • Body of Frost and Flame
    • Breath of Ice

Greater:
    • Exhalation of Expanding Darkness
    • Fall in Droves
    • Soul of Ice or Fire

Dark:
    • Break the World
    • Devouring Vortex
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-05 at 03:33 PM.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Apocalyptic Path of the Dragon - Doomsayer (Draconium)
    Interesting... Very interesting... Becoming the prophet of the apocalypse brought about by dragonkind, whether directly or indirectly, seems like it could be quite fun.

Now, the abilities are flavorful, and the mechanics are interesting. So, thank you yet again, Zaydos! You have made quite a few things for me by now... Not that I'm complaining.

Extended Signature Link

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

And the queue is once again empty of everyone but the perpetual Draconium.

Interesting... Very interesting... Becoming the prophet of the apocalypse brought about by dragonkind, whether directly or indirectly, seems like it could be quite fun.

Now, the abilities are flavorful, and the mechanics are interesting. So, thank you yet again, Zaydos! You have made quite a few things for me by now... Not that I'm complaining.
    Added 3 more invocations (least out of combat healing, lesser de-aging shenanigans which is actually intended as a buff spell despite presenting itself as a debuff for dragons, and greater I turn you into a pseudodragon).

Edit: Make that 4, now with a massive anti-flyer AoE where you call dragon flame down on a large area.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-05 at 03:51 PM.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm still here.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    I'm still here.
    I'll take that as permission to give you a second go. Now to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I asked to be surprised, and I was. Well, I was and I wasn't. I was surprised to find that my tribute involved werewolves. I was not surprised at how awesome it was.

Excellently done. Do like. Civilized and savage at the same time. A favorite juxtaposition of mine.
    Thank you kindly. I figured werewolf would keep thing interesting, that and the Hell Lord ACF for Incarnation is already a thing.

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

Oh, you can send me around as many times as you like, too.