New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

Let me know if she'd like gloves or stockings. I thought she looked better without.
    EDIT:
    Spoiler: FINE: As above with the N cut/pasted in. Have you tried NOT being one letter away from a Zeon warship?
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Banned

Ah, complete with archetypal spelling mistake, I see.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Call Colonial Viper [Reserve] (Starbuck_II)

You call reinforcements in the form of a viper fighter

Prerequisites: Ability to cast 3rd level spells.

Benefit: As long as you have a summoning spell of 4th level or higher available to cast, you can summon a small 'viper'. This 'viper' has stats as a small viper snake except as follows: it is a living construct (with the augmented animal subtype), has a fly speed of 100 ft (poor maneuverability), and can fire a lase from its mouth as a 30 ft ranged touch attack which deals 1d6 damage.
    You can have only one summoned viper from this feat at a time; if you use the ability a second time, the first viper disappears. Also, you must remain close to the dragon you summon. If at the end of your turn you are more than 30 feet from the viper, it disappears.
    If you have a conjuration (summoning) spell of 4th level or higher available to cast, you can summon a medium 'viper' instead, its laser deals 1d10 damage. If you have a conjuration (summoning) spell of 5th level or higher available to cast, you can summon a large 'viper' instead, its laser deals 2d6 damage. If you have a conjuration (summoning) spell of 6th level or higher available to cast you can summon a huge 'viper' instead, its laser deals 3d6 damage. If you have a conjuration (summoning) spell of 9th level or higher available to cast you can summon a dire 'viper' (use stats as a dire snake, MMII but modified as above), its laser deals 5d6 damage.

As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting conjuration (summoning) spells.
    Love it. Though, shouldn't first paragraph say 3rd or higher...

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

But Xuldarinar's realm is equal parts plane of shadows and the dark realm of the vestiges. And great now I have to make a Xuldarinar Reserve feat.

Darkness of Xul [Reserve, Vile] (Xuldarinar)
    You are able to invoke your patron's darkness upon the world.
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast 2nd level spells.
    Benefit: As long as you have a 2nd level or higher spell with the darkness descriptor available to cast you can create a 5 ft diameter sphere of darkness (for ease this functions as a 5 ft cube) within 10 ft per level of your highest available darkness descriptor spell as a standard action. This sphere of darkness lasts for 2 rounds per level of your highest available darkness descriptor spell. A light source covered by this sphere provides no light. The area of this sphere is considered shadowy illumination. This sphere suppresses 0 level Light effects, but can never suppress magical light of higher than 0 level.

As a secondary benefit you gain a +1 competence bonus to Caster Level with darkness descriptor spells.
    Special: If you have Servant of the Old Ones you may choose to have the sphere create total darkness instead and can suppress magical light of a level up to 1/2 the level of your highest level available darkness descriptor spell (meaning that with a 6th level spell you could extinguish daylight by covering the source).
    Not only a reserve feat, but a vile feat as well. Im going to have to familiarize myself more with reserve feats in their own right. I rather like this.

Admittedly prior to this thread, I barely acknowledged those feats existed.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Love it. Though, shouldn't first paragraph say 3rd or higher...
    Yes, yes it should, c/p errors

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    Not only a reserve feat, but a vile feat as well. Im going to have to familiarize myself more with reserve feats in their own right. I rather like this.

My practical experience is limited to Fiery Burst on the character who needed it least (multiclass Shaman/Ninja), the lightning one on the character who needed it second least (an Arcane Hierophant), and Summon Elemental as a trap monkey which was partially successful till I upped the trap game for a few sessions because they got a scout with stuff dedicated to trap finding (they then leveled past traps though some came back when they were within the Spire, most of those were puzzles).
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, this actually applies equally well to me. Although I made sure to do my research before making anything for this thread.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    And, since I can do comedy and tragedy:
    http://i.imgur.com/RcBZ0U5.png
    Nice! I like to think that Sailor Anchovies still wears the bonecraft plate armor, but they've got the seifuku on underneath. Either that or they've got a bonecraft plate seifuku. Decisions, decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Pffft. This is gold. Way to knock it out of the park, EA.
    Thanks I tried to make it fun (magical girl transformations!) and useful (quick disguise-changing, plus a level-scaling Glove of Storing effect), so I'm glad I did a good job with it.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2016-02-07 at 12:52 PM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Astarian Shift [Reserve] (Bakkan)
    By controlling the flows of magic passing through your body you can grant yourself the semblance of youth and vitality or the keen mind of the experienced.
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast 4th level spells.
    Benefit: As long as you have a polymorph spell of 4th level or higher available to cast, you can spend a swift action to either make yourself younger or older. If you make yourself younger your body physically reverts to one age bracket younger, reversing aging penalties (if you're an adult you do not suffer penalties for your adolescent body) and granting you a +1 bonus on Strength checks and Strength-based ability checks per 3 levels of the highest level polymorph spell you have available to cast. If you make yourself older your body seems to age by one bracket (you may not use this ability if you are already venerable) and you gain a +1 bonus to Psicraft, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device, Use Psionic Device, and Will saves per 3 levels of the highest level polymorph spell you have available to cast. If you activate this feat a second time while a previous benefit is still in effect, the first benefit ends immediately.

As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting polymorph spells.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Take Angelic Shape [Exalted, Reserve] (Albions_Angel)
    You are able to don a shape of absolute righteousness, shifting your own form to resemble that of an angelic being.
    Prerequisites: Access to the Good domain, ability to cast 4th level or higher spells.
    Benefits: As long as you have a 4th level or higher [Good] descriptor spell available you may polymorph (as the CM page 91 or PHBII page 95 polymorph subschool) into an angelic being as a swift action, you do not gain any spellcasting or spell-like abilities possessed by your new form (unlike with a normal polymorph subschool spell). You become a hound archon. If you have a 6th level or higher Good spell available you may become a Warden Archon instead but do not gain unerring assay. If you have a 8th level or higher Good spell available you may become an Astral Deva instead and you form their traditional mace (which vanishes when this effect ends). If you have a 9th level or higher Good spell available you may become a Planetar instead and you form their traditional greatsword (which vanishes when this effect ends). This transformation lasts 1 round per spell level of your highest level available Good spell, or until you use it again whichever is sooner.

As a secondary benefit of this feat you gain a +1 competence bonus to caster level with [Good] descriptor spells.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-07 at 04:22 PM.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

Take Angelic Shape [Exalted, Reserve] (Albions_Angel)
    You are able to don a shape of absolute righteousness, shifting your own form to resemble that of an angelic being.
    Prerequisites: Access to the Good domain, ability to cast 4th level or higher spells.
    Benefits: As long as you have a 4th level or higher [Good] descriptor spell available you may polymorph (as the CM page 91 or PHBII page 95 polymorph subschool) into an angelic being as a swift action, you do not gain any spellcasting or spell-like abilities possessed by your new form (unlike with a normal polymorph subschool spell). You become a hound archon. If you have a 6th level or higher Good spell available you may become a Warden Archon instead but do not gain unerring assay. If you have a 8th level or higher Good spell available you may become an Astral Deva instead and you form their traditional mace (which vanishes when this effect ends). If you have a 9th level or higher Good spell available you may become a Planetar instead and you form their traditional greatsword (which vanishes when this effect ends). This transformation lasts 1 round per spell level of your highest level available Good spell, or until you use it again whichever is sooner.

As a secondary benefit of this feat you gain a +1 competence bonus to caster level with [Good] descriptor spells.
    Very nice, very thematic. Thank you. I may have to worm this into a game somehow...

11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey, khadgar, did you see the one I made for you? I think it got missed when the thread picked up.

Also, I kinda want a sailor illyahr pic now.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2016-02-07 at 05:24 PM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

now we need another deities thread, then marlowe can become the god of sailor fukus.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Also, I kinda want a sailor illyahr pic now.
    Isn't it weird how many people don't know how to ASK for things? They'll complain they're missing something, they'll comment they'd like something, they make stage whispers about how much they'd like to have something but actually asking for it is too difficult, apparently.

Spoiler: Anyone want to adopt this one?
    Show
    We need more dark-skinned sailors.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Marlowe, can ya make a Starbuck one?

I like Angelic Shape reserve feat as well.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Marlowe, can ya make a Starbuck one?
    And whats the verbal component that gets you what you want?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Isn't it weird how many people don't know how to ASK for things? They'll complain they're missing something, they'll comment they'd like something, they make stage whispers about how much they'd like to have something but actually asking for it is too difficult, apparently.

Show
    We need more dark-skinned sailors.
    Thank you, Marlow-sama.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    http://i.imgur.com/9N1r8go.pngWe need more dark-skinned sailors.
    Given the outfit's color scheme, maybe this could be Sailor Xuldarinar?
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

18. - Top - End - #168

Of course Starbuck II is a short-haired blonde in a militaristic fuku. What were you expecting?

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Do you use a Sailor Girl Maker Program or do you have basic templates on your computer or what?
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

20. - Top - End - #170
    Colossus in the Playground

This looks like a Sailor Moon version of Captain America to me.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    This looks like a Sailor Moon version of Captain America to me.
    Something like this?
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Given the outfit's color scheme, maybe this could be Sailor Xuldarinar?

Heh...

I don't think I'd quite wear that outfit. Though, it does look rather nice...

How did we get on this track?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Change Conversational Track [Reserve]
    You are able to change the track of a conversation to something horrifying and damaging to khadgar's sanity.
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast 3rd level or higher images.
    Benefit: As long as you have a 3rd level or higher image available you may change a thread's track to something more horrifying. To do so requires a Craft (Horror) check with a DC of 5 to 30 depending upon topic, but you gain a bonus to this check equal to 1/2 the level of the highest level image you have available.

As a secondary benefit you gain a +1 competence bonus to caster level with dere.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

You are able to change the track of a conversation to something horrifying and damaging to khadgar's sanity.
    Benefit: As long as you have a 3rd level or higher image available you may change a thread's track to something more horrifying. To do so requires a Craft (Horror) check with a DC of 5 to 30 depending upon topic, but you gain a bonus to this check equal to 1/2 the level of the highest level image you have available.

As a secondary benefit you gain a +1 competence bonus to caster level with dere.
    This is why we love you, Zaydos.

EDIT: We also love you because your non-humorous homebrew is good, and you're a valued person, but mostly the above reason.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2016-02-07 at 09:04 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    This is why we love you, Zaydos.
    I thought it was because I made you as random things if you poked me or said my name three times in a row. Like I made 11 people as martial maneuvers this morning. Some of which might actually be usable.

Edit: And then there was an edit.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-07 at 09:07 PM.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Heh...

I don't think I'd quite wear that outfit. Though, it does look rather nice...

How did we get on this track?
    I just accept us going strange places as a matter of course for these threads. Though i believe Marlowe making everyone a Sailor is definitely new territory......
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

27. - Top - End - #177

Sometimes, Absolute Territory.

warning: TVtropes link.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

naw, this isn't new territory, It's just slightly to the left.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

No damage taken instead thanks for temp hp zaydos

30. - Top - End - #180
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Something like this?
    MURICA! **** YEAH!

BEING SWEDEN AND LIBERATING BYZANTINE Oil CITIZENS

Extra Anchovies reserve feat.

Prerequisite A spell with the water descriptor level 3 or higher.

Benefit You'll almost always have water to grow your anchovies with. As long as you have a 3rd level spell with the water descriptor or higher, you can drain moisture from your enemies. Select one target within 30 feet, they take 1d6 points of desiccation damage per highest level water descriptor spell. The target may make a Fortitude save to half the damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.