New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Corporate WW IC

1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Corporate WW IC

I posted earlier before I had really read through everything and checked up on my QuickTopics.

Sounds like AV claimed they scried some other folk (at least Elenna, The Outsider). They also claimed they scried me, so she's at least lying about one thing (how many scried) if not much more (that she's Accountant). Or she guess right who would be lynched and thus got a scry, if that wolf power works that way, but I don't really understand its mechanics and don't think it could have given a scry Night 1.

Based on how much she lied last game, that doesn't necessarily make me think her a wolf, but, well, my vote is staying on her for now. Especially after last round putting the highest suspicion on her or flyinglemur.

---

Also, oblivionkeeper never responded to my QuickTopic. Did any of you get a response from him before his demise?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

I have received two claims for the role of contingency in my amassing network. Of the two, [color=“red”]gac53[/color] is the one not acting like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Gac3, sorry. I’ll red it once I’m not on a phone.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

So, we have two competing claims, which means one of them is a wolf... except we only have Xihirli's word for it that there are competing claims. I could see a wolf lying about a network (or even starting their own network) in an attempt to prevent town networking effectively. If nothing else, wolf!Xihirli could get us to kill two townies this way before being proven a liar, which would be pretty nice for the wolves.

On the other hand, we know basically for sure that AV has been lying. But AV being weirdly cryptic and unhelpful, and being this obvious with it, is something I mostly remember them doing as town. But a) they could be a wolf imitating their previous town play (insert WIFOM here) and b) lynching a townie who's being cryptic and unhelpful isn't exactly the worst possible outcome.

I think I'll leave my vote on AV for now, but I'm open to persuasion. Specifically, Xihirli, what do you mean by "not acting like it"? i.e. why do you think gac is the one lying? And how do you get enough claims to amass a network, anyways?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also,

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Also, oblivionkeeper never responded to my QuickTopic. Did any of you get a response from him before his demise?
    *side-eyes JeenLeen*
    Please don't answer this. If oblivion did manage to create a town network before dying, we really don't need to tell the wolves who's in it.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Oh also,
    *side-eyes JeenLeen*
    Please don't answer this. If oblivion did manage to create a town network before dying, we really don't need to tell the wolves who's in it.
    Ah; good point.
    Yeah, probably best not to answer me. I'm curious if oblivionkeeper didn't respond to anyone or just ignored me. But I guess me knowing does nothing to help and could help the wolves, so, yeah, don't answer me.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    On the other hand, we know basically for sure that AV has been lying. But AV being weirdly cryptic and unhelpful, and being this obvious with it, is something I mostly remember them doing as town. But a) they could be a wolf imitating their previous town play (insert WIFOM here) and b) lynching a townie who's being cryptic and unhelpful isn't exactly the worst possible outcome.
    TBH I'm still waiting to see what some people are willing to reveal to me privately. What I'll say for now is that I believe town's best option today is lynching gac3, and town's second best option today is lynching me. Maybe I'll survive to share my knowledge with you all tomorrow. Or maybe I'll die today and...share it anyway.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Network is a strong word I don’t think I used.
    Three different people have claimed seer to me, and two, when pressured, switched their claim to Contingency.
    And the only one of the two who threw their neck on a chopping block so they could best use their village power after amassing a huge amount of information was AvatarVecna.
    So that left Gac3.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-12-06 at 03:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Network is a strong word I don’t think I used.
    Network is a strong word you absolutely used.

I agree that there's a possibility that AvatarVecna is contingency, but this behaviour seems strange even if she is. My current assumption is that she's a wolf, she's being needlessly cryptic and self-voting (a vote that she's no doubt poised to retract at a moment's notice if someone else is voted up) to make us feel as though actually lynching her would be playing into her hands, and she's doing her best to get claims from the entire town so that the wolves know who to kill next.

If she's really gonna pull what's known as a pro gamer move once she's dead, I'm happy to indulge her - and at the moment, I have no actual evidence that anyone else is remotely wolfy until she's dead and gone anyway. If she's telling the truth, it's entirely possible that she's right: one of the best plays is to lynch her now and remove all doubt.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    If she's telling the truth, it's entirely possible that she's right: one of the best plays is to lynch her now and remove all doubt.
    See? Somebody gets it.

Everybody please vote me, and it'll all make sense tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Or hey, alternatively: lynch gac3, then network with me in the night before the wolves kill me for knowing too much.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #99

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    See? Somebody gets it.

Everybody please vote me, and it'll all make sense tomorrow.
    In conclusion: Vote AvatarVecna 2019.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Oh btw, just asking because nobody who's talked to me yet has answered: has anybody heard from the Friendly Annoyance? If you have, don't tell me who they are, that's not necessary, but knowing that they're involved might make networking a bit easier.

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

What do y'all mean by "Contingency"?

12. - Top - End - #102

WolfInSheepsClothing

I did respond, but in the negative: I will repeat here that I have not received a message from the FA.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Contingency Planner, the role in this game that gets one vote after they die.
    AV took a calculated risk, their death being a part of the plan. I’m fine going with that plan, even if it’s not strictly necessary.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

I sent a "I'm the seer" PM/QT to every living player. Some players seemed to twig onto the fact that I was doing this. Others did not. There's two kinds of people who would immediately know I was lying, before anything was said publicly: the real seer, and the wolves.

I look forward to revealing everything I've gathered posthumously, through a proxy. You know...a real contingency plan, not some simple individual vote.

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I sent a "I'm the seer" PM/QT to every living player. Some players seemed to twig onto the fact that I was doing this. Others did not. There's two kinds of people who would immediately know I was lying, before anything was said publicly: the real seer, and the wolves.

I look forward to revealing everything I've gathered posthumously, through a proxy. You know...a real contingency plan, not some simple individual vote.
    This is either an incredibly cool and noble Town move, or an expertly deceitful wolf move (with hopes we move the votes off you before the day ends).
    ...I'm not sure which it is, but all the double-play and multi-claiming makes me nervous, so I'll leave my vote on you. Here's hoping I'm... wrong? right? Not really sure which now.

Hey; that's even in character for a bureaucracy. Someone did something that is hard to understand and thus confusing and scary, so let's kill the idea even if it's helpful

16. - Top - End - #106

BlueWizardGirl

Xihirli, I trust you. At least enough to lynch gac3 and see how it works out. AV is being weird, but it looks like she'll eat a night kill if she's lying, if she doesn't eat a day kill. I look forward to her information being shared.

I might not be on for the next two days so: if a bandwagon suddenly arises on me, the people pushing it are wolves or people AV has deceived. 87% guarantee.
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2019-12-06 at 07:15 PM.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

My vote will be on Gac3 for now since AV will probably get NK’d and Gac3 seems to have lied about being seer.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I don't quite know how to respond to this level of mischief... that being said, I have received no messages from the Friendly Annoyance. Against my better judgement, I'm switching my vote to Gac3, at least until I figure out exactly what AV is planning here.

19. - Top - End - #109

WhiteWizardGirl

I'm still trying to grapple with what's going on here.

AvatarVecna QT'd me claiming to be the Accountant and wants me to claim to her and appears to have sent this exact message to everyone else who's playing? She also claims to have a plan and that we should lynch her. What would be the purpose of that? How does lynching AvatarVecna help anything? Also: I notice AvatarVecna self-voted without crossing out their old vote, so really it's a fake self vote?

Xihirli has one probably legit Seer claim, AV's Seer claim (and then apparently swapped to Contingency? Is that the big plan? Could she post a bunch of QT links in her death vote message or something?) and then gac3 who apparently claimed Seer then Contingency as well but in a less trustworthy way?

JeenLeen didn't get a response from Oblivion and wants (wanted?) to know if someone else did, but that would be anti-Town so actually don't do it...? I'll admit I was about to tell Jeen whether I got a reply or not until I read the response saying not to.

I'm going to work under the assumption that everything AvatarVecna says is cryptic and confusing and non-actionable, including the parts about how voting for her is part of the plan and the right thing to do. Instead, let's see what gac3 has to say.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Okay, that makes sense. It's still possible AV is a lying wolf who concocted this whole scheme to mess with town's networking, I guess, but that seems unlikely. So gac3 for now, if they aren't a wolf we lynch AV tomorrow.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    I'm still trying to grapple with what's going on here.

AvatarVecna QT'd me claiming to be the Accountant and wants me to claim to her and appears to have sent this exact message to everyone else who's playing? She also claims to have a plan and that we should lynch her. What would be the purpose of that? How does lynching AvatarVecna help anything? Also: I notice AvatarVecna self-voted without crossing out their old vote, so really it's a fake self vote?
    Crossing out old votes isn't necessary to change your vote, but tbh I really should do that since even if it's not required, it makes the votecount at the end of the day easier on the narrator. Generally speaking, the default around here is "most recent vote is the real vote", regardless of any other nonsense going on, but crossing out old ones is advisable.

Apologies for missing it, I've had a...busy 12 hours or so? XD

I'm going to work under the assumption that everything AvatarVecna says is cryptic and confusing and non-actionable
    I've certainly seen worse strategies than just...assuming I'm ****posting.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, just as a general report on how things are going on my end: of the 13 living players, I've got ten claims written down...but there's three pairs of duplicates. One of them is Contingency Planner, obviously.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #112

BlueWizardGirl

Could she post a bunch of QT links in her death vote message or something?
    No, she can not.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Contingency Planner: You've figured out a way to wriggle yourself firmly into the code, and it's going to take quite a bit to extract you. The Day after you die, you get a vote. However, you may only post once and that vote may be of nothing more than your vote. If you do not meet the 10 character post minimum, you may include qwertyuiop at the end of your vote.
    (Emphasis added)
    Extended Signature.

she/her

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    No, she can not.

(Emphasis added)
    You'd think that would make it difficult for me to spread information following my death. You'd be wrong.

Don't worry about cheating, either. I will follow the rules to the letter.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #114

BlueWizardGirl

You'd think that would make it difficult for me to spread information following my death. You'd be wrong.

Don't worry about cheating, either. I will follow the rules to the letter.
    I did not intend to say you couldn't spread info after death. You could, for instance, PM everybody a link to a dump of everything you know if you're going to be lynched. You could have somebody else do it. I was just answering Grek's question.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

25. - Top - End - #115

WhiteWizardGirl

Crossing out old votes isn't necessary to change your vote, but tbh I really should do that since even if it's not required, it makes the votecount at the end of the day easier on the narrator. Generally speaking, the default around here is "most recent vote is the real vote", regardless of any other nonsense going on, but crossing out old ones is advisable.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    I am going to go by the first person to reach the score to be lynched and, after today, will count your first vote if not struck through. So AV would be voting for themselves, even though their last vote was for flat_footed, because they didn't cross out their self vote.
    Special rule for this game, apparently.
    Last edited by Grek; 2019-12-06 at 05:26 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Special rule for this game, apparently.
    Off to cross out votes then.

Oh by the way, claim to me Grek. All the cool kids are doing it.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #117

BlueWizardGirl

Don't give in to peer pressure! Remember your training! She's actually lying about everything!

- - - Updated - - -

Don't give in to peer pressure! Remember your training! She's actually lying about everything!
    Extended Signature.

she/her

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

But the question is, did BoP make that the rule specifically because they remember the game where AV self-voted, pretended to change their vote without crossing out their self-vote (or maybe the other way around, I don't remember), got a wolf killed due to the resulting confusion, and used that fact to convince the last standing member of the network (who was me) that they were town?
    Because that's totally what I was thinking of when they made that rule
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Claim to me, Grek! All the cool kids (and also Caerulea) are doing it!

Also is this weird thing happening for anybody else where Caerulea's post in the thread doesn't have the "updated" line, but when you try to quote her post, it's there? Is that just me? Cuz it won't go away.

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Right. Gac3. I'm here.
    Show