New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Conjunctive gate!

Kara. Kara, get your disjunction on. No, not near my nice utterances! Thank you Kara. Dismiss conjunctive gate.

Indestructible?
    Its surrounded by a shaped antimagic field so any spell cast at it is immediately negated (except the Orb ones, but i dont care about those)

*summons Yandere's Demise*

Also i just summoned Kurotaka, so have fun having your magic run off Strength now, i know i will.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2016-01-07 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

2. - Top - End - #272
    Banned

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Its surrounded by a shaped antimagic field so any spell cast at it is immediately negated (except the Orb ones, but i dont care about those)
    Deities. Are. Not. Affected. By. Mortal. Magic. Such. As. This.

Also, I don't even care what my primary abili... my casting stat is technically CHARISMA! Do you think that's appreciably higher than my strength?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I don't even care what my primary abili... my casting stat is technically CHARISMA! Do you think that's appreciably higher than my strength?
    I. Am. A. Deity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

4. - Top - End - #274
    Banned

I. Am. A. Deity.
    Yeah? Pity that my friend just finished casting Avatar on you to steal your godhood.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Firbolg in the Playground

*feels super left out cuz he missed out on the 'as deities' thread*

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Same here...

We should do that again at some point.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

It's okay guys, it might show up for the people who are behaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by VirusInk View Post
    It's like music to my little Virus ears.
    **** fighting aside, I think I turned up on top.

LP's little sister is safe. LP is good. Unseenmage has suffered Date A Live, as has Phoe.

But seriously, please settle down.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-01-07 at 08:33 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground

*was super confused because she didn't know about the 'as deities' thread till now*
    Last edited by VirusInk; 2016-01-07 at 08:33 PM.
    I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks!

Swing by and take a look at my DeviantArt!

Icon drawn by no one but myself! Full version can be seen here.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Banned

*was super confused because she didn't know about the 'as deities' thread till now*
    There've been loads of different threads for these.

Though, you are of course the deity of cuteness and cuddliness. <3

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, yeah, apparently, there was an "as Deities" thread. Or two. As well as Elder Evils, Spells, Weapons... Basically, there were a lot of them long before some of us ever showed up.
    Last edited by Draconium; 2016-01-07 at 08:36 PM.

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Oh, yeah, apparently, there was an "as Deities" thread. Or two. As well as Elder Evils, Spells, Weapons... Basically, there were a lot of them long before some of us ever showed up.
    Yeah, these have been running for a long time.

I think deities was the most fun, since people got really creative with it.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

12. - Top - End - #282

In the spirit of newbie comeraderie...

Virulent Glass
    Weapons that deal critical hits which are made from Virulent Glass cause the subject to contract a wasting disease identical to ghoul fever except the DCS are doubled and the damages are doubled.

Virulent Glass is created when graveyard san d or sand from a bloody beachfront is transformed into glass. The vile energies contained in such earthen particulate infects the resultant material and eventually it's bearer.

Armors made from Virulent Glass can 1xday as though via Bestow Curse at min CL as a mundane effect give a creature who has either critical hit the Armors wearer or are grappled the above disease.

Mundane items made of Virulent Glass function normally but cause nausea status after prolonged (at least 3 rounds per day over several days) contact.

Virulent Glass mirrors and Windows always seem to have some shadowy ghostly image hiding just beyond the corner of the eye. This is a mundane illusion that persists even through true seeing.

Edit (sorry am on mobile for the next day or so so no prices. Should probably be pretty cheap though.)
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2016-01-07 at 08:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, Phoe.

A raincheck, then.
    Pfft, Shadow Magic doesn't really do anything. And this is coming from the thing that has Ranks in Truename.
    Actually, it makes me better at counterspelling than improved counterspelling a couple times a day, and gives me access to immediate action based supernatural teleportation. Plus a mile radius teleportation maze is too cool to say no to.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Actually, it makes me better at counterspelling than improved counterspelling a couple times a day, and gives me access to immediate action based supernatural teleportation. Plus a mile radius teleportation maze is too cool to say no to.
    Oh yeah right there is like a counterspell focus on the shadow magic theurge. :o

15. - Top - End - #285
    Barbarian in the Playground

In the spirit of newbie comeraderie...

Virulent Glass
    Weapons that deal critical hits which are made from Virulent Glass cause the subject to contract a wasting disease identical to ghoul fever except the DCS are doubled and the damages are doubled.

Virulent Glass is created when graveyard san d or sand from a bloody beachfront is transformed into glass. The vile energies contained in such earthen particulate infects the resultant material and eventually it's bearer.

Armors made from Virulent Glass can 1xday as though via Bestow Curse at min CL as a mundane effect give a creature who has either critical hit the Armors wearer or are grappled the above disease.

Mundane items made of Virulent Glass function normally but cause nausea status after prolonged (at least 3 rounds per day over several days) contact.

Virulent Glass mirrors and Windows always seem to have some shadowy ghostly image hiding just beyond the corner of the eye. This is a mundane illusion that persists even through true seeing.

Edit (sorry am on mobile for the next day or so so no prices. Should probably be pretty cheap though.)
    Oooooo. Bloody beachfront/graveyard sand~
    And the illusion in mirrors and windows is an A++ for sure!

Yeah, these have been running for a long time.

I think deities was the most fun, since people got really creative with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Ohh okay! That makes me feel a bit better about it then.

There've been loads of different threads for these.

Though, you are of course the deity of cuteness and cuddliness. <3
    I believe I'd be more so something along the lines of the deity of "Has zero clue what's going on" and "Don't touch me".
    Last edited by VirusInk; 2016-01-07 at 09:55 PM.
    I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks!

Swing by and take a look at my DeviantArt!

Icon drawn by no one but myself! Full version can be seen here.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Since Unseenmage and Draconium have been contributing for a while, and I don't see us doing a deities thread again, I'll write up deities for them. Here goes!

Spoiler: Dredhi the Unseen
    Show
    Dredhi the Unseen, also known as the Master of the Great Wheel, is a deity as old as time, seeing as they constructed the planar cogs and gears that keep the universe in balance. He looked upon the foundation of Zaydos, and connected the planes, forming the Great Wheel. He is the source of all movement, all energy in the universe.

Dredhi (Ancient Deity)
    Alignment: The mover of all, Dredhi is True Neutral
    Domains: Metal, Craft, Artifice, Balance, Time, Creation
    Worshippers: Sentient Constructs, Inventors, Clock makers
    Favored Weapon: Longbow
    Portfolio: Constructs, Time, Gears
    Symbol: A gear, with different colored gems placed along the edge

Pantheon: The Ancient Pantheon

Spoiler: Nidhogg, Wyrm Magnus
    Show
    Nidhogg, Wyrm Magnus, the Primal Drake, is a misunderstood and mysterious deity. Contained in the core of the planet, its ancient eggshell, the Wyrm Magnus birthed all dragons, even the great Tiamat, and is directly descended from the Creator Zaydos. They are the source of all tectonic and volcanic activity, as even in their eternal containment, they writhe and struggle, hoping to one day break free. In many cultures, Nidhogg is only seen as the Destroyer, the Herald of the Apocalypse, seeking only the death of the universe, but Nidhogg is also the creator and nurturer, allowing all life to thrive and prosper, only breaking free and ending life when the gods have condemned the universe.

Nidhogg (Elder Deity)
    Alignment: At once chaotic and lawful, evil and good, Nidhogg has no alignment and is worshiped by all types.
    Domains: Life, Destruction, Earth, Fire, Dragons
    Worshippers: Everyone. Nidhogg has so many iterations and retellings of its story that almost all life worships one form or another of the Wyrm. Most Dragons are especially devoted to Nidhogg.
    Favored Weapon: Warhammer
    Portfolio: Dragons, Apocalypse, Life
    Symbol: A Dragon curled up and chained in the middle of a circle.

There ya go, guys!
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

I. Am. A. Deity.
    Alright, kids. Tuck it back in. Daddy's home, and he needs far too much to drink before he has to listen to you comparing sizes.

... Ahh, better.

LP, how about a little righteous indignation up in here? Last thing we need is a bunch of would-be demigods blaspheming all up in my grill.

Usurping the throne and blaspheming are both strictly my department.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Since Unseenmage and Draconium have been contributing for a while, and I don't see us doing a deities thread again, I'll write up deities for them. Here goes!

Show
    Dredhi the Unseen, also known as the Master of the Great Wheel, is a deity as old as time, seeing as they constructed the planar cogs and gears that keep the universe in balance. He looked upon the foundation of Zaydos, and connected the planes, forming the Great Wheel. He is the source of all movement, all energy in the universe.

Dredhi (Ancient Deity)

Show
    Nidhogg, Wyrm Magnus, the Primal Drake, is a misunderstood and mysterious deity. Contained in the core of the planet, its ancient eggshell, the Wyrm Magnus birthed all dragons, even the great Tiamat, and is directly descended from the Creator Zaydos. They are the source of all tectonic and volcanic activity, as even in their eternal containment, they writhe and struggle, hoping to one day break free. In many cultures, Nidhogg is only seen as the Destroyer, the Herald of the Apocalypse, seeking only the death of the universe, but Nidhogg is also the creator and nurturer, allowing all life to thrive and prosper, only breaking free and ending life when the gods have condemned the universe.

Nidhogg (Elder Deity)
    Alignment: At once chaotic and lawful, evil and good, Nidhogg has no alignment and is worshiped by all types.
    Worshippers: Everyone. Nidhogg has so many iterations and retellings of its story that almost all life worships one form or another of the Wyrm. Most Dragons are especially devoted to Nidhogg.

There ya go, guys!
    FANTASTIC! Thank you!!
    and as an added bonus I appear to be completely cured of my divine spark envy.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Alright, kids. Tuck it back in. Daddy's home, and he needs far too much to drink before he has to listen to you comparing sizes.

... Ahh, better.

LP, how about a little righteous indignation up in here? Last thing we need is a bunch of would-be demigods blaspheming all up in my grill.

Usurping the throne and blaspheming are both strictly my department.
    'Sup. It was rather amusing to watch, to be honest. Their petty squabbles over the adorable one are rather cute.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Nidhogg (Elder Deity)

There ya go, guys!

This... is... GLORIOUS!! Thank you so much, IZ! I have finally ascended!

Now, all I need are some good GIFs to use...

Extended Signature Link

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Interestingly enough, Deny Passage has a few pretty big holes in it (most of which are inherited from Forbiddance).

1. There's nothing stopping us from attaching our various and sundry artifacts to the ends of very long objects, standing at the edge of the effect, and poking them through for Vink to grab.
    2. If "entering the area" is interpreted as moving from any space outside the effect to any space inside the effect (which is consistent with pretty much all other instances of that phrase that appear in the rules), creatures with really long appendages can stand at the edge of the effect and hand objects to Vink directly.
    3. Items can be thrown into the area. Also we could tie a rope to the item, walk around the edge of the effect to the other side, and reel in the rope until the item gets to Vink.

I'm sure there are other ways to deal with those (like a prismatic wall or whatever). I just thought it was worth mentioning. Not for any reason though.

*prepares 2n-foot pole*

Virulent Glass
    Weapons that deal critical hits which are made from Virulent Glass
    How can you tell if a critical hit is made from Virulent Glass?

As much as I would love that I much more enjoy watching other people die from painful poison tattoos!
    Then why don't I show you around the lab? I could always use a new assistant. Oh, and do mind your step; the floor tends to get slippery with... with slippery stuff. Let's just leave it at that.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Ohh okay! That makes me feel a bit better about it then.
    Okay, you'll have to wait for the next one...

Show

Dredhi (Ancient Deity)

Show

Nidhogg (Elder Deity)

There ya go, guys!
    Hey! That's cool and all but I'd rather you wait. D:

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

'Sup. It was rather amusing to watch, to be honest. Their petty squabbles over the adorable one are rather cute.
    Oh, please. Seen it all. It's all "fighting over the girl," and later "fighting over control of the border," and then it's "oh god, Fel, why am I bleeding from there," and "that's not supposed to bend that way," and then come the inevitable inarticulate screams... Honestly, I get enough of it at work, do I have to come home and watch the kids fight over a shiny new toy?

Now, are we all going to play nice, or does daddy need to get the belt?

My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Oh, please. Seen it all. It's all "fighting over the girl," and later "fighting over control of the border," and then it's "oh god, Fel, why am I bleeding from there," and "that's not supposed to bend that way," and then come the inevitable inarticulate screams... Honestly, I get enough of it at work, do I have to come home and watch the kids fight over a shiny new toy?

Now, are we all going to play nice, or does daddy need to get the belt?
    I miss it when I was the one that everyone fought over #jelly

But it is a bit disconcerting. I guess we got traffic for it. *shrug*

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Oh yeah right there is like a counterspell focus on the shadow magic theurge. :o
    bububu-but teleportation maze...

Why you gotta use the most boring thing i listed..

Also this is my cat right now.
    Spoiler
    Show

I would like it to stop with the bite bite, snuggle snuggle

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post

How can you tell if a critical hit is made from Virulent Glass?

Because one gathered graveyard sand to construct said hits obviously.

It's a music thing I suspect. Going gold. Going platinum. Going Virulent Glass....

27. - Top - End - #297
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

There was an 'as Vestiges' thread that I missed, wasn't there? Pity.

Oh, and there is one thing that Jorm can't prevent: a rousing guitar solo from the god of bards!

*insert guitar gif that I can't find*
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

There was a vestiges thread. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    bububu-but teleportation maze...

Why you gotta use the most boring thing i listed..
    Back in the day I was quite the abjurer. I even looked at the shadow theurge, and figured the only way I get good some mid range usefulness out of it was counterspells.
    Also this is my cat right now.
    Spoiler
    Show

I would like it to stop with the bite bite, snuggle snuggle
    I miss having a cat. She hated everyone, but loved me.
    *takes a drink*
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-01-07 at 10:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

I too missed the vestigas thread.

Jorm counts as mad right? So i know what he does a month in advance right?

Current avatar by me

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    There was an 'as Vestiges' thread that I missed, wasn't there? Pity.

Oh, and there is one thing that Jorm can't prevent: a rousing guitar solo from the god of bards!

*insert guitar gif that I can't find*

Did somebody say sick guitar solo?