New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Found a new game/hobby store. Figured I'd pop my head in for fifteen minutes or so, this was about 10 in the morning. I left at closing time, which was well into the night.

I had some fun. Thought I'd share.

I don't talk to people very often, you guys don't count until I can confirm you're people and not an elaborate AI program or super-intelligent animals leading a double life on the net.
    I have all the proper bits to be a people.
    But I might be a cyborg. The results aren't conclusive one way or the other.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Mine are permanent. And they don't end up black. They're more of a purple colour, they don't form a full arc. The arc starts at the corner of the eye and fades out about half way around the lower edge of the eye.
    And they make one look old. If I went out on the street and asked people how old I looked, I probably would not be happy with the results. I'd upload a picture to show what I mean, but I'm too shy. Plus, it would also require being photographed and I hate that.
    Yea,h mine too, except they don't make me look old Actually, I don't think anyone ever notices them other than my mother.

ION: Just got back from the Hobbit. It ruled. You know how the LotR trilogy can be summarized with "walking. Lots and lots of walking"? Well, the first Hobbit movie is essentially "running. Lots and lots of running."

Anyway, three o'clock on a school night for the second time in a school week, I'm tired, I'm going to bed. See y'all later todayz.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #963
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Yea,h mine too, except they don't make me look old Actually, I don't think anyone ever notices them other than my mother.

ION: Just got back from the Hobbit. It ruled. You know how the LotR trilogy can be summarized with "walking. Lots and lots of walking"? Well, the first Hobbit movie is essentially "running. Lots and lots of running."

Anyway, three o'clock on a school night for the second time in a school week, I'm tired, I'm going to bed. See y'all later todayz.
    ....Good to see that The Hobbit is another movie I don't have to see

4. - Top - End - #964
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ....Good to see that The Hobbit is another movie I don't have to see
    Doctor who could also be described at times as "lots and lots of running..." this isn't necessarily the entire story...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

5. - Top - End - #965

I meant in regards to it's "this is the running equivilent of the first LOTR movie" and, if you recall, I fell asleep during the first LOTR movie

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

I meant in regards to it's "this is the running equivilent of the first LOTR movie" and, if you recall, I fell asleep during the first LOTR movie
    I thought you implied it was because there was a lot of WALKING that is now removed from the movie.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #967
    Bugbear in the Playground

I couldn't disagree more. That movie was EPIC.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

...I suppose it would be in bad taste for me to tell you to go with your gut on this one?

But seriously, that paper would eat me alive. I could hardly stomach the thought of writing such a thing, even if I had thoroughly digested all of the information. I hope you haven't bitten off more than you can chew.

OK, that's it. I'm all out of food puns.
    You have overseasoned them with that boldness; I find them hard to swallow; feed me something sweeter.

All the same, my plate is full and I am losing my appetite for the work... any entremets would be welcome.

That sounds like it would be the most fantastic thing of all time, even with the unexpected kidnapping. Plus, it's been, like forever since my last literary soirée, so I feel like it would be worth it.
    The invitation will be in the post. Dress code is the standard for a Hong Kong ex-pat opium den. Looking forward to seeing you! *wiiiiink*

However, in this case, the numbers don't stand for themselves. They stand for other things. The first twelve refers to the twelfth day, but the second to December and the third as an abbreviation of AD 2012.
    And I would hardly refer to "The Twelfth Day of December, AD 2012" as a tautological statement by any definition.
    But the expanded referent in this case is not the significant part. The numbers themselves are. And they repeat. ταυτοι οι αριθμοι, baby!

Do I need to show you my poetic license? Don't make me show you my poetic license.

Only against the AI.
    Other players seem to move with a speed that I cannot match despite my best efforts. It must be my obsessive compulsive desire to focus on economy and tech whilst being terrible at the first.
    You have the right idea in this statement. In my opinion, the first piece of advice that most beginning players need is "play faster." Just do everything that you do now, only faster. That alone would improve a lot of beginner play hugely, instead of farting around with higher-level refinement.

That's easy for me to say, of course, because I repeat that I am quite ****.

How was the midnight showing? I'm going with my family on Thursday, and my heart is aflutter with anticipation.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-12-14 at 02:20 PM.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

Back from shopping for new mattresses. Settled on the plush. I learned some things today about tempurpedics.

1) They are almost RIDICULOUSLY expensive
    2) According to the woman selling it, you need to actually sleep on them to see how comfortable they are.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-12-14 at 04:12 PM.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #970

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Back from shopping for new mattresses. Settled on the plush. I learned some things today about tempurpedics.

1) They are almost RIDICULOUSLY expensive
    2) According to the woman selling it, you need to actually sleep on them to see how comfortable they are.
    Mattress's are hella expensive, yha.

This is true. Something may initially SEEM comfy, but then you spent like 5 hours unconcious on it, your opinion may change.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

What I recommend is a combination of springs & foam. I have this & it's great! The springs are necessary for the bounceback & the foam just adds so much comfiness.

Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the model I have, or I'd suggest it. It's a great bed.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    I don't talk to people very often, you guys don't count until I can confirm you're people and not an elaborate AI program or super-intelligent animals leading a double life on the net.
    Both of those options are far more interesting than the very likely circumstance that we are just real people. I, however, have no way to prove that I am not a bot.

@Mattress Conversation - Get a half-decent old one, and set it on the ground. Most comfortable thing ever.
    A few odds and ends.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

An AI that's built well enough to understand is a person. Same goes for any animal smart enough to use language.

They're not "human", but "person" doesn't mean "human". A person is any member of society.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

Mattress's are hella expensive, yha.

This is true. Something may initially SEEM comfy, but then you spent like 5 hours unconcious on it, your opinion may change.
    Supposedly it's the other way around for that one.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

I bought To the Moon yesterday, because it seemed just like the cute, emotional stories that seem to be the only keys to my rather distant heart. I installed it earlier today, and have been playing it through in one go ever since (only stopping for dinner, and one time when I turned off the game to fix some screen rotation oddities (I played most of it in tablet mode, but when I tried to do the keyboard gameplay in the end by playing with my fingers under the screen, I accidently pushed it too much upwards, and it flipped back to laptop mode)).

The verdict, well, let's just say that I wasn't disappointed. I nearly cracked up crying a few times near the end. Not that I would mind much, crying can be quite nice if it's for the right reasons, but I'd need a handkerchief to not mess up my fleece jacket...

Still, a very good game. Highly recomended if you like emotional games just like me.

Hmm, what now? Should I go back to playing something ordinarily stategic and aloof like Civ, or savour my newfound feelings by getting off the computer entirely. Perhaps I could finish reading that PCGamer article on To the Moon I stopped reading because I thought it was starting to go a bit heavy on the spoilers...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

16. - Top - End - #976

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I bought To the Moon yesterday, because it seemed just like the cute, emotional stories that seem to be the only keys to my rather distant heart. I installed it earlier today, and have been playing it through in one go ever since (only stopping for dinner, and one time when I turned off the game to fix some screen rotation oddities (I played most of it in tablet mode, but when I tried to do the keyboard gameplay in the end by playing with my fingers under the screen, I accidently pushed it too much upwards, and it flipped back to laptop mode)).

The verdict, well, let's just say that I wasn't disappointed. I nearly cracked up crying a few times near the end. Not that I would mind much, crying can be quite nice if it's for the right reasons, but I'd need a handkerchief to not mess up my fleece jacket...

Still, a very good game. Highly recomended if you like emotional games just like me.

Hmm, what now? Should I go back to playing something ordinarily stategic and aloof like Civ, or savour my newfound feelings by getting off the computer entirely. Perhaps I could finish reading that PCGamer article on To the Moon I stopped reading because I thought it was starting to go a bit heavy on the spoilers...
    I can think of a few things you could do

But, I'll be honest. Do whatever it does that will make you feel good. If you wanna just frolic in the snow, make snow angels and look at the shiny night sky, go ahead and enjoy. I'm not going to strongarm you into doing stuff for me

17. - Top - End - #977

What? Of course it was epic, didn't you watch it? It was ****ing amazing.

ION: Connecticut.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

I gon a see it sooooon.

Amen. Grasping the why is just....
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

19. - Top - End - #979

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post

The invitation will be in the post. Dress code is the standard for a Hong Kong ex-pat opium den. Looking forward to seeing you! *wiiiiink*
    Very well, I shall re-obtain my finest silk garments at once. If you don't hear from me in a few days, I was likely killed in this endeavor by the Andalusian cultists I sold my silks to in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    How was the midnight showing? I'm going with my family on Thursday, and my heart is aflutter with anticipation.
    It was AWESOME. Given that most of the college students have left town already, (I still haven't - I'm staying with my sister for the weekend) I would have to say that almost 80% of the remaining population of the city was at that theater. I was glad I had bought my tickets in advance.

Well, your review seemed... negative. don't pay any attention to me, I didn't breakfast today until 3:00 P.M.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-12-14 at 07:11 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

May everyone affected by the Connecticut shooting (especially the families of the victims) find comfort in their hearts, that the children who died in this tragedy are now at peace, in a better place.

I would like to take a moment of silence, for those who have died in the shooting.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

Which part of "it ruled" is negative? :P
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

22. - Top - End - #982

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Which part of "it ruled" is negative? :P
    I didn't see that part, just the "running. Lots of running" bit. I already said that I make no sense today. Earlier, I couldn't remember the name of the month after September (don't worry, I figured it out).
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

23. - Top - End - #983

Well, your review seemed... negative. don't pay any attention to me, I didn't breakfast today until 3:00 P.M.
    Oh, you poor thing! <hugs> Sounds like me and sleeping. I just counted, and I've gotten under 20 hours of sleep since Sunday night.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    May everyone affected by the Connecticut shooting (especially the families of the victims) find comfort in their hearts, that the children who died in this tragedy are now at peace, in a better place.

I would like to take a moment of silence, for those who have died in the shooting.
    I only just heard about it... So senseless.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #985
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

On dates:
    Y'all forgetting 2/2/22, 3/3/33, 4/4/44, 5/5/55, etc.

On assignments:
    No such abuse possible in my classes. It was done by word count of the assignment only, no footnotes allowed, and the reference list was not included. The main problem I had most of the time was too many words anyway, not too few. The most important lesson I learned was how to remove somewhat redundant or otherwise unnecessary words, or how to find related-words that could be joined with hyphenation to count as only one.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

26. - Top - End - #986

Scribblenauts Unlimited is so awesooooome. Someone give me a wacky thing to summon. I bet it'll be summoned!

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

Scribblenauts Unlimited is so awesooooome. Someone give me a wacky thing to summon. I bet it'll be summoned!
    A Raccoon with a penguin-launcher astride a wildebeast!

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

The ghost of an anti-aircraft gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #989
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

In the original, I've summoned things such as:
    Ninja Shark
    Cthulhu
    Time Machine (then went back in time to the dinosaurs, summoned a meteor, and wiped everything out)
    Large Hadron Collider (turn it on for a black hole)
    ...and many others, which I've forgotten because it's been so long.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

30. - Top - End - #990

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    A Raccoon with a penguin-launcher astride a wildebeast!
    I can make all of those things individually but I can't ge thte raccoon to ride the wildebeest.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    The ghost of an anti-aircraft gun.
    Done and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    In the original, I've summoned things such as:
    Ninja Shark
    Cthulhu
    Time Machine (then went back in time to the dinosaurs, summoned a meteor, and wiped everything out)
    Large Hadron Collider (turn it on for a black hole)
    ...and many others, which I've forgotten because it's been so long.
    The poster child of this game appears to be Hipster Hydra.