New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XIV: Good? Bad? I'm the one with the Thu'um!

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    I don't know about tilesets, but I miss the variety of traps Oblivion had. Part of that is that so many of the dungeons are Draugr infested tombs but if they were going to have so many of those they could have dreamed up a few more traps for them. Ditto for the monsters - did 90% of the monsters have to be Draugr? Couldn't they have mixed it up a little?
    I would have loved to see the Draugr go about their day. Theyre supposed to take care of the crypts and stuff, right?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Banned

HalflingRangerGuy

I don't know about tilesets, but I miss the variety of traps Oblivion had. Part of that is that so many of the dungeons are Draugr infested tombs but if they were going to have so many of those they could have dreamed up a few more traps for them. Ditto for the monsters - did 90% of the monsters have to be Draugr? Couldn't they have mixed it up a little?
    As deadly as the Dwarven traps were, I have to draw my conclusion that their entire race was retarded, and probably disappeared because of it.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Actually, it makes sense. These things are supposed to be temples and other similar functions. That means you want easy access to the depths, if you know how to trigger the secret door to open. It also would serve as an emergency bolt hole if anything living in it actually cared to get out.
    That would be fine, if there was some way the player could find to open the shortcut door from the "outside", but there isn't--every single one is only openable by a lever located on the dungeon depths side. I can see why they did it, since having to walk all the way out of some of the longer dungeons would be a pain, but they could at least have made it so the doors weren't all exactly the same shape and mechanism, no matter what type or age of dungeon they're attached to!

4. - Top - End - #1444

Quote Originally Posted by The Jack View Post
    As deadly as the Dwarven traps were, I have to draw my conclusion that their entire race was retarded, and probably disappeared because of it.
    They pretty much were. At least according to Kirkbride, it seems they pretty much distilled the essence of anti-creation down into robot form, and then stopped existing because of it. I mean, what did they think would happen?
    Resident Vancian Apologist

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    every single one is only openable by a lever located on the dungeon depths side.
    Or a wooden bar. That is unsmashable from the other side.

On the whole it's more fun than walking all the way back you came, but it does feel cheesey.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Looks like we're approaching page 50. Should think up the title of the next thread!
    Too bad we don't yet know where the next game will take place, or we could have had something to do with it. Failing that, what can we have? If something from a recent conversation: "All previous threads are canon"?

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

The Elder Scrolls XV: This is my Thu'um Stick.

There are many Blades, but ours hasn't released
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Or a wooden bar. That is unsmashable from the other side.
    Oh, I hate that. I can beat up dragons, set a pile of magical ice on fire, and shout in such a way that a fully armored troll flies 30 feet, but I am defeated by a wooden door.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Oh, I hate that. I can beat up dragons, set a pile of magical ice on fire, and shout in such a way that a fully armored troll flies 30 feet, but I am defeated by a wooden door.
    So, insurmountable waist-height fence, we meet again.

10. - Top - End - #1450

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    At least it isn't like Fallout 3, where some unpickable locked doors were so badly broken that your character could have climbed into the room through the hole--but you still couldn't get past them without that key!

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

The Elder Scrolls XV: Seen Any Elves?

The Elder Scrolls XV: I Have A Cunning CHIM!

(I essentially pronounce that as "keem" or "cheem", using the -ch in loch.)
    Last edited by Caelestion; 2018-12-21 at 05:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    This.
    Is.
    AWESOME. Seconded.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Thirded, fourthed, and fifthed.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

Glad you like it, since I've been waiting 35 and a half pages to post it.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Banned

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Looks like we're approaching page 50. Should think up the title of the next thread!
    Too bad we don't yet know where the next game will take place, or we could have had something to do with it. Failing that, what can we have? If something from a recent conversation: "All previous threads are canon"?
    It'll be high rock.
    Maybe a splash of hammerfell.

Current bethesda dont have the balls to do anything else.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys. I'm having trouble with my latest Skyrim game. Nexus mod manager broke and vortex is not working on my computer at all, so I ended up playing unmodded skyrim. It's working well so far, but I can't get the Children's Bedroom in Breezehome. I talk to the home decorator, Children's bedroom is listed as [...] and it takes 250 gold from my inventory but doesn't give me the bedroom. Since I can rely on the unofficial patches, is there any way you guys know if I can manually add the children's bedroom or how to fix it so I can purchase it in my playthrough?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Hey guys. I'm having trouble with my latest Skyrim game. Nexus mod manager broke and vortex is not working on my computer at all, so I ended up playing unmodded skyrim. It's working well so far, but I can't get the Children's Bedroom in Breezehome. I talk to the home decorator, Children's bedroom is listed as [...] and it takes 250 gold from my inventory but doesn't give me the bedroom. Since I can rely on the unofficial patches, is there any way you guys know if I can manually add the children's bedroom or how to fix it so I can purchase it in my playthrough?
    UESP lists it as a known bug, but the only fix it offers is installing the unofficial patch.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    UESP lists it as a known bug, but the only fix it offers is installing the unofficial patch.
    *Sigh* And I can't do that since Mexus mod manager and vortex are not working on my computer.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

*Sigh* And I can't do that since Mexus mod manager and vortex are not working on my computer.
    You could always work around by moving to another holdfast with a nicer house. Every other Holdfast has 100% less Nazeem and 100% fewer Battle-borns.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    You could always work around by moving to another holdfast with a nicer house. Every other Holdfast has 100% less Nazeem and 100% fewer Battle-borns.
    I'm still a little surprised Nazeem doesn't get a visit from the Dark Brotherhood.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Since I can rely on the unofficial patches, is there any way you guys know if I can manually add the children's bedroom or how to fix it so I can purchase it in my playthrough?
    *Untested answer, save before attempting*.

If you have stored anything in the children's bedroom/alchemy lab area, take it out first. No telling what might happen to it.

Then: close doors, go outside the house, and enter the following console commands:

prid e4ef9
    disable
    prid xx004274
    enable

... where 'xx' is the position of Hearthfires in your load order, expressed as a hex number. (Base game is 00. Hearthfires is probably 03?)

This assumes you haven't previously installed the alchemy lab. If you have, then follow the same procedure but replace the first line with:

prid e4ec8

This should install the room in your house. I don't know if there's anything else you need to do before you can invite a kid to move in, but if this works it should be worth a try.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm still a little surprised Nazeem doesn't get a visit from the Dark Brotherhood.
    He does in my playthroughs. That their payment doesn't come in the form of coin is absolute coincidence, im sure.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

@Silverraptor: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...tion/mods/6194

That's Mod Organizer for SE. Might be worth a shot to restore a proper gaming experience.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

I reinstalled Skyrim, and now when I turn away from an NPC their speech volume goes way down, I really, really like it, but somehow it doesn't feel like a total fix, because most of the time they shouldn't be talking at you at all, even if they do shut up now.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

I have a mod called To Your Face, available for both versions that means NPC's won't greet you unless you're looking in their direction.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a mod called To Your Face, available for both versions that means NPC's won't greet you unless you're looking in their direction.
    I got one called 'Silence is Golden' but I don't know if it was ported over to SE.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

According to the author it Silence is Golden should work, but they recommend: Silence of Skyrim instead.

If you're not hearing NPC's when they turn away, your game might be set for surround sound.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    *Untested answer, save before attempting*.

If you have stored anything in the children's bedroom/alchemy lab area, take it out first. No telling what might happen to it.

Then: close doors, go outside the house, and enter the following console commands:

prid e4ef9
    disable
    prid xx004274
    enable

... where 'xx' is the position of Hearthfires in your load order, expressed as a hex number. (Base game is 00. Hearthfires is probably 03?)

This assumes you haven't previously installed the alchemy lab. If you have, then follow the same procedure but replace the first line with:

prid e4ec8

This should install the room in your house. I don't know if there's anything else you need to do before you can invite a kid to move in, but if this works it should be worth a try.
    Tried this, didn't work. It says that item parameter cannot be found.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Tried this, didn't work. It says that item parameter cannot be found.
    OK, that means the reference is wrong. I just tried it myself and it worked, so... the likeliest answer is that Hearthfire has an unexpected position in your load order for some reason.

Go find Lucia, open the console again and click on her. The first two digits of her ID are the same as the first two digits of the bedroom ID you need to install.

Unfortunately, I couldn't adopt her after installing the bedroom this way. But if you've legit bought the room from the steward, it may still work for you.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

Manual install of the Unofficial patch is quite literally just extract to data folder. It's all in a couple files so you can just drop it in place without a mod manager.