PDA

View Full Version : Soul Shard IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 04:16 PM
A low fog hung over the small Astimian town of Rithmere. It had been five years since the outbreak of war had ruined the peace of the Kingom of Astim and the war still showe no sign of ending any time soon. The people of Rithmere lived in constant fear of attack. Much of Astim had fallen to the Sanguine Empire's forces but as of late it seemed that Astim's soldiers were doing an impeccable job of keeping the enemy at bay. This wpuld have been excellent news were it not for the rumors that accompanied it. Word had spread that Emperor Raphael was looking for... less temporal means of waging war. According to the various travellers who had been passing through Rithmere he was sending envoys to every spellcaster throughout the Empire with summons to the palace. Those who did not reply or simply refused were put to death. It was unclear as to why Raphael had suddenly become so interested in the arcane arts, but it was widely consented that no good could come of it.

Recently there had been odd goings-on in Rithmere. Monster sightings were becoming more common around the towns borders and, try though the town's guards might, they could never permanently repel the beasts. To make matters worse sounds were frequently being heard issuing from the nearby graveyard: unearthly, inhuman sounds, almost like the dead were rising. The citizens of Rithmere were growing increasingly unnerved. It was bad enough that the threat of war loomed over their heads, but now monsters and possibly undead threatened the safety of their town. In desperation they asked every traveller who passed through for help. None would agree for they, too, feared that which lurked in the darkness. Hope was wearing thin in the town of Rithmere. They had almost given up hope on anyone heping at all until one night, in the Champion Inn, they're prayers were answered.

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 04:49 PM
Noticing some newcomers to the inn, the barman decided to try his luck and ask them for help.

Pardon me, strangers, but would you mind giving your aid to our town? We are beset by monsters and... well... we fear there may be evil goings-on in the cemetary.

Pakiti
2009-10-16, 04:54 PM
Damian quirked an eyebrow, "That was... Blunt. Are you so desperate that you really have to ask every group of travelers that look like adventurers for help?"

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 04:59 PM
"Well... yes we are. We are rather shorthanded when it comes to able-bodied men and women. Anyone who is not off trying to keep the Sanguine Army at bay is busy defending the town from the nightly monster attacks. So yes, we are desperate enough to ask anyone who looks like adventurers for help. Is that wrong? No, it isn't. If you aren't willing to help then just say so."

Tavar
2009-10-16, 05:30 PM
River

A young woman with a slightly distracted air walks into the inn. Oddly enough, her clothing and hair are done in the dwarven style, which ends up being rather unflattering on such a waif-like body.

When the Bartender approaches, she suddenly stiffens, and once he is diverted to talking to Damian she slowly edges toward the back of the group.

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 05:39 PM
No one, eh? I figured as much. I'll let you get back to your drinks, said the bartender dejectedly as he sidled back behind the bar, muttering something that sounded suspiciously like "cowards".

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 05:40 PM
Fateral held his silence for a little while, thinking to himself.
Such things are none of my concern. The people here don't like me much anyway so I see no reason to help them. Its not as if they have any sort of grand reward they can give me for my work anyways.
He glanced towards the bartender, speaking just loud enough for him to hear.
I might be able to give this town a hand...as long as there is something in it for me of course. I don't want anything to fancified but gold is always good.

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 05:44 PM
The bartender wheeled around, looking for whoever had made an offer to help. From the looks of things it seemed that the Tiefling in the corner of the room had been the one to speak.

We can certainly pay you! We don't have a whole lot to spare, being a small town and all, but we should be able to give you fair compensation for your help.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 06:01 PM
Sitting on a barstool not to far away from the bartender, a cloaked figure turned towards him as he had asked the other adventurers for help, and then subsequently offer a reward for their assistance.

"Greedy bastards. Never willing to do anything unless they get something out of it" he said under his breath. He then spoke to the bartender himself, while sipping from his drink at the bar.

"So, if you don't mind my overhearing, it seems like you are in need of some assistance with the undead. I would be more than happy to help in exterminating them, though I only wish for supplies in the way of foodstuffs and drink while I'm here. Is that possible?"

The speaker was wearing a cloak of the brightest white, with the symbol of a raven's head on it, and a brooch in the same shape clasping the cloak about the figures neck. His otherwise simple attire was adorned with a scabbard at his waist, which seemed made for a blade that was thicker than the hilt entailed. His face was mostly obscured behind the hood of the cloak, which also seemed to resemble the head of a raven.

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 06:03 PM
Er... certainly. I can provide you with meats and wine. What exactly do you want, mister...?

Tavar
2009-10-16, 06:06 PM
River

The woman closes her eyes for a moment, as if trying to focus.

@Zencudis&ZOMGoubeaux
You hear a somewhat high pitched and panic-y voice in your head that says the following:I'll help too. I mean, if you want help. Not that I think you need it, but I thought that you might...I'll stop now.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 06:13 PM
"Meats and wine are perfectly fine, and I wouldn't deplete your stores, don't worry. Just enough to sustain me while I'm here. However, I'm only here for the undead, mind you. Best of luck with the other monsters, my friend."

Returning to the drink he was nursing, the hooded man attempted to communicate with the voice that had entered his head a moment before.

@Tavar
"I'm not sure if you can hear me or not, nor if this is even possible, but if I were a betting man, I'd have to say that your voice came from the odd-looking young lady in the corner. Am I right?"

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 06:17 PM
Fateral was alarmed at the voice in his head, especially since it wasn't his own. He spoke out loud but in a very low tone so he would not be deemed crazy, hoping that the strange voice could hear him.

Sure you could help...I think. Who are you?

Tavar
2009-10-16, 06:21 PM
@ZOMGoubeaux
You hear a somewhat high pitched and panic-y voice in your head that says the following:Yyyes, that's me. If you can get me the same deal you got, Raven-man, I'll help. I'm River, by the way.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 06:28 PM
"Oh, barkeep? Could I also get enough food for my friend in the back? She's the one that seems a bit out of place. She'll be travelling with me for the duration of this job, and will most likely continue on with me afterwards, so I'd like to afford her the same accommodations, if that's not too much to ask."

@Tavar
"How's that? My name's Aelar, by the way, and you don't need to be afraid of me. I won't hurt you, as I only do as my Queen bids. I assure you, until such a day as she sees that your time on this plane has ended, you need never fear me, and I'll be the first by your side, and the last one to fall before you.

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 06:29 PM
Any help at all is appreciated my friend. Hold on a moment, said the bartender, disappearing through the door behind the bar.

Im moments the bartender returned, his arms laden with dried meats and a few bottles of wine. He layed them out before the hooded stranger with a look of immense gratitude on his face. He had honestly not been expecting anyone to be willing to answer his plea, let alone two people. Turning to the Tiefling and woman he likewise distributed some of the meat and a bottle of wine.

I can't thank the two of you enough. Unlike SOME people, said the bartender, glaring at the Shifter, you are willing to help someone you have never met. If it's undead you are looking for, the cemetary is about half-a-mile to the north. I think that the undead themselves are inside one of the crypts.

Excuse me, but are you adventurers heading for the cemetary? asked a voice from the doorway.

The bar patrons shifted their attention to the newcomer. He was human, wearing a fur cloak and sporting a curly goatee. He carried an air of importance about him as he strode into the bar.

Mr. Mayor! What brings you here? asked the bartender.

Elected officials can't drink? I came here for the atmosphere and what do I find but adventurers willing to help us in our time of need. I have my own favor to ask of these adventurers, said the Mayor, walking over to Aelar and Fateral.

In one of the crypts, one that bears the name Merrows, there is a shard that looks like glass with fire dancing inside of it. Would you be so kind as to retrive that and bring it to me? he asked.

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 06:44 PM
Fateral only hesitated a moment. Acceptance without thought is the cause of many deaths, remember that.

I'll help you, kind sir. Mayhap these others will as well. Does it...you know...do anything unnatural that we might need to know about so that we can carry it without fear of danger?

Pakiti
2009-10-16, 06:45 PM
"I never said I wouldn't help," growled Damian defensively, "I will. But I'll let you know I don't like your attitude, human." He spoke to the adventurers around him, "If you all don't mind, I'll join the fun. Haven't been in a fight in over a week at least, I could use the stretch." He grinned, revealing a smile of razor sharp teeth.

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 06:49 PM
You don't have to worry about that. It's simply the keepsake of an old friend. All I want is to see it returned safely to his relations. said the Mayor.

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 07:08 PM
Fateral wasn't entirely convinced. Such a strange object in a crypt usually has some sort of valuable use. **Insight Check** [roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 07:10 PM
As far as you can tell, he is hiding nothing from you

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 07:13 PM
Fateral had found no reason to doubt the man and readily agreed to retrieve the object for him.
Well, I'm about done here. When you guys need me, He said to the other adventurers I'll be outside. Maybe the Sunset will bring me into the mood...

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 07:14 PM
Sorting through the foodstuffs that the barkeep had brought him, he began to pack it into his backpack, and distributing some of it to the young woman behind him. He listened to the mayor as he spoke of crystals and crypts, and made a note of all the details.

@Tavar
"What do you think? Is he telling the truth about this crystal, or should we be worried?"

Tavar
2009-10-16, 07:47 PM
River
The woman speaks with a surprisingly low and husky voice, especially considering the mental voice you heard before.
Thank you. I'll pull my own weight, too. I'm not really sure. I mean he seems genuine, but I...I can't trust him.

Insight-[roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 07:51 PM
As far as you can tell he is telling the truth

Excellent! I shall have a reward ready for you four upon your return! exclaimed the mayor jovially as he strolled out the door.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 07:52 PM
"Don't worry, little one, you don't have to trust him, we just have to do what he's asked of us. Now, here's the dried meat for you, and here's a bottle of wine as well," Aelar said, as he passed the items to River.

Pakiti
2009-10-16, 07:59 PM
"You two ready to go? The Tiefling is waiting for the rest us." Damian jerked his clawed thumb toward the inn door.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 08:05 PM
"Yeah, we're ready to go," said the hooded man, as he shouldered the pack that had been sitting next to the barstool. Adjusting the quiver on his back to sit better alongside the pack, Aelar strode towards the door, holding it open for the other two still inside.
"Right this way, little one. Step past the nice ranger, and mind the fleas."

Pakiti
2009-10-16, 08:12 PM
Damian chuckled at Aelar's joke, surprised at himself that he found the comment humorous rather than insulting."Be careful, Elf of the Raven Queen, or I might clip your wings," he smirked and followed River out of the inn.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 08:21 PM
Grinning, he replied, "I'd be more concerned about clipping those toes of yours, rather than anything else."

Following Damian out into the evening air, he rejoiced that he would soon bring a swift end to those that evaded his Queen's gaze.

Pakiti
2009-10-16, 08:26 PM
Damian looked around him. He saw only one Elf, one Human, and himself. "Where's the Tiefling?"

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 08:32 PM
"What, Shifter, can't smell him out?" said Aelar, although he, too, was starting to wonder as to the whereabouts of their newfound companion.

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 08:39 PM
Fateral had been spending his time touring the town. It didn't take long for him to realize he was lost. as he walked down the nearly abandoned streets, he decided to take a detour through an alley. He found himself staring face to face at a man who was sleeping in a standing position. Slowly, without bothering his sleep, Fateral moved back out into the streets again. Still lost. There was a young human female walking in his direction. He asks for directions back to the inn. Upon finding that he was only 2 streets over and not feeling a bit of shame, he walks back to greet the "group".

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 08:54 PM
Basic introductions were made within the group. With moderate haste the group makes their way to the cemetary.

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 09:00 PM
Fateral takes a quick look around and inspects several crypts to locate the one that the mayor spoke of earlier as well as any signs of rising dead figures in the area that might have tried to force their way out.
Perception 1d20+5

Tavar
2009-10-16, 09:05 PM
River

River walks into the cemetery vigilantly, at least for her.

[roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 09:05 PM
As the group enters the cemetary, Aelar notices a horse tied up to a fencepost next to what looks like the opening to a large crypt. Upon further inspection, Aelar discovers that this particular crypt belongs to a family by the name of "Merrows".

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 09:12 PM
Seeing the horse tied up outside of the Merrows' Tomb, Aelar decided to alert the Shifter, the Tiefling, and the young woman of his find by indicating using nonverbal hand signals. Pulling his bow from his quiver, he nocked an arrow, and crept slowly forward, making it clear that the others should do the same.

Stealth Roll

[roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 09:15 PM
Aelar succeeded in alerting the others to the location of the crypt but, in his haste to go inside, he tripped over an exposed root. Fuming, he picked himself up and brushed himself off.

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 09:16 PM
Fateral quickly follows suit and readys his sword, creeping slowly about 2 arms lengths away from Aelar

Stealth [roll0]

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 09:20 PM
Chuckling at the elf, Damian strode towards the tomb, disregarding the hooded man's call for caution. He reached the stone door of the tomb, and pushed against the side of it, attempting to open it.

Strength check

[roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 09:22 PM
Despite the door being rather heavy and made of stone, it swung open as easily as if it had been kicked in. In fact, it showed signs of having been opened earlier that day.

Tavar
2009-10-16, 09:25 PM
River

River creeps up to the door and peeks in. Or, at least, she tries to. Instead, she bumps her head and stumbles backwards.

Stealth[roll0]
Perception[roll1]

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 09:30 PM
Peering into the black void behind the door he just opened, Damian had a hard time seeing anything.

Walking up next to him, Aelar put his bow away as he drew his sword. "Nothing to lose, right? You want to go first, or should I, to make sure the monsters don't get you?"

Turning to River, Aelar said, "Hey, little one, do you think you could light the way with a torch, or something similar?"

Tavar
2009-10-16, 09:33 PM
River
Sure, lllet me just get a...
River fumbles with her pack for a second, before taking out a sunrod, and lighting it up.

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 09:35 PM
With the sunrods glow, Aelar's low-light vision, and the fact that the sun is still up, the group sees that the doorway leads into a long corridor which ends in a t-junction.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 09:37 PM
"Let's go, then," said the hooded elf, as he descended into the tomb, walking along the corridor, with Damian not far behind him, both with their weapons drawn.

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 09:37 PM
The muscles in Fateral's body tensed as he followed the group from the back. The excitement was starting to give him gooseflesh.
I can't wait to see whats actually in here. Just the thought of what things we can break makes me smile.

Tavar
2009-10-16, 09:39 PM
River
River walks down a pace behind the others, close enought to catch Fateral's words, causing he to seemingly chant under her breath.
...but they couldn't put her back together again....

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 09:42 PM
The group walked slowly down the musty corridor of the crypt. The pungent smell of dust and death filled the nostrils of the group and caused them to wretch. The stench of rot was in the air. As the group continued forward, they stopped just before the t-junction. As they approached it, They noticed that the path to the right ended in a wall several feet from the path with a large, stone vase standing against it, now-withered flowers drooping over the sides.

Tavar
2009-10-16, 09:46 PM
River

River walks over to the vase closely observing it, to the exclusion of all else.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 09:49 PM
Taking up a position to watch the hallway to the left, Aelar speaks to the rest of the group in a voice barely above a whisper. "You guys can check the right side, see if anything is there that's noteworthy, and then we'll continue on."

"Elf, I want a fight now, dammit! Why do we have to wait here for the others to pick apart some vase when we could be out there smashing things?" said Damian.

The elf, without averting his gaze from the hallway to the left, replied, "We're waiting, so that we can make sure nothing gets around behind us, and takes you down without you getting that fight."

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 09:53 PM
Fateral takes a look at the area around the vase, checking for anything out of place. Perception [roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 09:53 PM
River and Fateral examined the vase. It was simply that: a large stone vase about the size of a halfling containing very dead flowers. There was some dust at the bottom.

Aelar, while positioned in front of the left hallway, attuned his senses to the silence and gloom in an attempt to detect danger. Sure enough, as he closed his eyes to hear any possible noise, he heard a faint sound coming from the hallway. As he looked down it, he noticed that it turned to the right at the end.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 09:59 PM
Hearing a faint noise, Aelar motions for the others to be silent, so as to give him a better chance of hearing what was around the corner.

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 10:07 PM
The rest of the group obliged and stilled their voices. With the area now being sufficiently quiet Aelar once again turned his attention to the sounds. As far as he could make out they were voices, whispering voices, speaking in common as far as he could tell. Moving silently down the hallway he managed to catch the tail end of a conversation.

... don't care what the doppleganger says. Nothing is worth getting mauled to death by zombies! hissed one of the voices.

Are you questioning Lord Kincaid? He has never led us astray before. persisted another.

Yes but WHY is he having us look for a Soul Shard here of all places? asked the first voice.

Apparently one of the people buried here was a powerful sorceror. Before he died he created an Archon to guard his tomb. explained the second.

An Archon! That's even less of a reason to be here! cried a third voice.

It's dead, you idiot! That's why there is a Soul Shard here! growled the second voice.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 10:11 PM
Creeping back towards the others, he relays the fractured conversation he overheard to them. "It sounds like these guys are after the same thing that we are, so naturally, they need to be pacified. So, who wants to go take them down?"

Tavar
2009-10-16, 10:13 PM
River
River looks up at this point, interest in the vase forgotten.
Soul shard...I've heard of those. When elementals die, they leave them behind. You can do powerful things with them, but they can be dangerous. Never seen what one looks like, though.
Arcana:[roll0]

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 10:13 PM
Feeling as though he recognizes the word soul shard from his studies, Fateral tries to recall specific details on anything about it. Damn me for sleeping during that lesson!
Arcana Check [roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 10:16 PM
The both of you know that a Soul Shard is what is left over of any elemental once it dies. It is the essence of the elementals life force and, for al you know, can be very dangerous if used improperly. You do not, however, know what one looks like.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-16, 10:28 PM
Getting into position on the wall before the corner, Aelar readied himself to intercept the first person around the corner should things turn sour.

Damian readied himself just behind the elf, shifting from foot to foot, ready to rip into the second thing around the corner.

Tavar
2009-10-16, 10:29 PM
River

Seeing the others move into postion, River goes next to Damian, and summons her focus.

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 10:30 PM
Fateral had an idea. It didn't seem very smart at the moment but he had some high hopes that it could possibly turn out well. Whispering to the group So I'm gonna go out and try to be diplomatic. I'm pretty sure that you guys can figure out a plan of attack that suits your needs. If things don't go well, you guys know what to do.

Fateral pops his head past the corner and raises his voice so that whoever they are couldn't help but hear him. Umm, hello?

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 10:42 PM
Interlopers! roared a gnome to four goblins, Kill him! No one must know we are here. Be on your guard in case there are others! The goblins and gnome rushed toward Fateral, maliceglittering in their beady eyes.

Roll initiative

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 10:53 PM
Two of the goblins rushed at the exposed Fateral, swords brandished. The first goblin slices into Fateral with his sword. The second, mere seconds away frof making another gash in the exposed Fateral, miseed due to his target recoiling in pain from the first blow.

Goblin 1 attack roll [roll0]
Goblin 2 attack roll [roll1]
Fateral takes 4 damage

Zencudis
2009-10-16, 11:09 PM
Fateral lets only half a yelp escape his mouth before striking back at his assailant. Now you've done it you foul creature of the dark. Let the powers of hell descend upon you!

Attack with piercing smite, Str vs Ref on the goblin that hit me. [roll0] Damage [roll1] Both goblins marked. Shift back diagonally

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 11:11 PM
Fateral's attack cleanly decapitated the very goblin who had struck him. Blood sprayed out from the now severed head of the goblin which bore an amusing look of surprise.

Tavar
2009-10-16, 11:15 PM
River

Hearing Fateral cry, River moves out so that she has a clear line, and concentrates, her eyes glowing a deep purple, and a similar color oulines the gnome.

Move to space 2 back from Fateral(before his move)
Attack Gnome Cha vs Will[roll0]
damage:[roll]1d10+6, target weakened till my next turn.

Zato-1
2009-10-16, 11:18 PM
As river focused intently on the gnome, the gnome couldn't help but feel puzzled. What could this strange girl hope to accomplish by grimacing at him? Brushing that thought out of the way he prepared to enage his foes.

Pakiti
2009-10-17, 01:36 AM
"Finally, some action!" Howled Damian as he drew his Cleaver and Scimitar, twisted round the corner, and ran straight for the nearest goblin, striking with both his blades.

Twin strike. Main hand attack:[roll0] and damage: [roll1]
off-hand attack: [roll2] and damage: [roll3]

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 12:40 PM
Try though he might, Damian could not strike the tiny, almost pitifully weak goblin. His first strike with the cleaver succeeded in damaging only the dust that was floating through the air and his second strike went off it's intended path entirely and hit the wall.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-17, 01:01 PM
Rounding the corner, Aelar notices that one of the goblins looks signifigantly stronger than the rest. Leveling his sword at the creature, he breaks into a run, and as he closes with the target, unleashes an attack against the brute.

Move action towards the top of the hallway, minor action to use Oath of Enmity on the "B" Goblin, and then a charge action against him, putting me to the top and left of him. OoE allows me to make two attack rolls, and keep the one I like best, so here goes. Invigorating Pursuit allows me to add +2 AC and +2 damage when I charge the target of my OoE until the end of my next turn.

Attack roll 1 [roll0]
Attack roll 2 [roll1]

Damage roll [roll2] (if the roll is a one, I reroll)
In case of 1 roll [roll3]

Edit: Turns out I critical'd, so it's max damage, anyway. totaling 15 damage to goblin "B".

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 01:19 PM
The mighty blow inflicted by Aelar caused the large goblin to stagger. He wasn't expecting such strong opposition, let alone in such a rural area. One of the smaller Goblins, incensed that his friend had been damaged so severely, charged forward at attacked Aelar with his short sword. Similarly, the large Goblin also turned his sword on Aelar in retaliation. The gnome, unnerved by how the battle was going, shot bolt from his crossbow before returning to flee. The goblin who was in combat with Damian saw this through the corner of his eye and squealed: Cowardly gnome! Should we survive this, I will make sure Lord Kincaid knows of your flight! before attacking Damian. His attack missed by a mile, but as soon as he had swung his blade, the goblin grasped his chest, as though his heart was in pain, and subsequently fell to the floor, dead.

The Large Goblin is bloodied.
[roll0] for Goblin 3 to hit and 4 damage if he does.
[roll1] for Goblin B to hit and [roll2] should he do so.
[roll3] for the gnome to hit and [roll4] should he do so.
[roll5] for Goblin 2 to hit and 4 damage if he does.

Zencudis
2009-10-17, 01:40 PM
Fateral, still pissed off about being attacked moves down the hallway and behind another goblin yelling You messed with the wrong tiefling this time, you will regret this! Fight Me Now or may the heavens condemn you to oblivion! and slashes at the creature with his longsword.

Move action behind goblin 3 (4 spaces)
Minor Action: Divine Challenge on Goblin 3
Attack goblin 3 with Enfeebling strike [roll0] -- Damage [roll1] target takes an extra -2 on attacks until the end of my next turn

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 01:42 PM
Fateral's attack just barely missed it's intended target, but the Goblin could not help but feel enfeebled, almost as though something was sapping away it's strength.

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 04:36 PM
Staying where she was, River turned her attention to the smaller of the two remaining goblins. As she concentrated her eyes turned a deep purple. All this succeeded in doing, however, was give her a headache.

[roll0] Cha vs. Will to hit and [roll1] to damage.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-17, 04:57 PM
Fuming at his apparent lack of coordination, Damian charged the last remaining mini-goblin, and swung twice with his weapons, bringing them down towards the creature's head.

Attack rolls [roll0] [roll1]

Damage rolls [roll2] [roll3]

If the minion drops, the big gobbo is Damian's quarry.

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 04:59 PM
Damian's first blow succeeds only in making the goblin wet himself out of terror, but his scimitar left a mighty gash on the goblin's chest. The goblin looked puzzled for a moment, as if not believing what had just happened, but soon crumpled to the floor dead. His foe vanquished, Damian turned his sights to the large goblin who was locked in battle with Aelar.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-17, 05:07 PM
Sensing the Goblin's weakness, Aelar sidestepped to position himself better, and attacks the creature, uttering a promise to pursue his foe to the ends of the world.

Minor action to shift, standard: Bond of Pursuit

Damage roll [roll2], and if it's a 1, [roll3]

If the Goblin is killed, he uses his move action that's left, trades it for a minor, and uses OoE on the gnome.

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 05:13 PM
Aelar's blow struck true, striking the goblin on the side of the face. He spun around for a moment before falling to the floor, dead. Only the gnome remain now and he seemed... hesitant to retreat any further. Swallowing his fear he turned about and stood his ground.

Zencudis
2009-10-17, 05:20 PM
Fateral averts his eyes from the fallen corpse of the goblin that he missed. He starts to head towards the now terrified gnome in hope of getting there before he decides to move further.

Move Action 6 spaces down the hall towards the gnome

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 05:25 PM
River, still suffering from a headache, decides to move toward the gnome and vent off some anger.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-17, 05:30 PM
Looking up from the corpse of his one-time opponent, Damian glares down the hallway at the terrified gnome.

"Not so tough, now, are ya?" he said, with a laugh, as he moved towards the remaining opponent, as if stalking wounded prey.

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 05:36 PM
The gnome sneered. He was between a rock and a hard place. In front of him were a group of what he assumed to be adventurers who had just killed his only means of protection. He would surely die fighting them. He could flee, yes, but he had no idea what awaited him down below. The stench of rot that permeated the air was certainly not from any corpse that was still buried in stone.

And you are truly strong yourself? You are gnats in the grand scheme of things. What do you know of what lies in this tomb? Nothing I'll wager. You have meddled in affairs that don't concern you. You will surely kill me, but will you be able to kill those that come after me? I will see while I watch from the afterlife. Bring it on, ugly!

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-17, 05:43 PM
Stepping up between Damian and the gnome, Aelar held his sword up towards the shifter. "Wait a moment, Damian, I think that this gnome might be of use to us, and possibly, we of use to him. Let's see."

Turning to the gnome, the hooded man spoke. "What exactly are you after down here? And if it's the stench of Undeath that has you worried, then we may have a common foe. If you assure us you won't consider placing a blade in our backs, we'll descend into the depths of this place with you. We have one goal in mind, though, and that's to find an item of value to our contractor. Aside from that, you can take whatever you please from the tomb itself. How's that sound, gnome?"

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 05:45 PM
The gnome hesitated for a moment.

What is it you are searching for? he asked.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-17, 05:46 PM
"Well, to be frank, we're not entirely certain what it is, but we know what it looks like. The tiefling can tell you more."

Zencudis
2009-10-17, 05:56 PM
Fateral gave the elf an only slightly disapproving look. He then remembered Diplomacy was your idea. At least this is getting somewhere other than shooting now. He then looked to the gnome, giving his best angry face and growls We search for a crystal with the look of fire inside. You help us find it or you can find your own way past my blade.

Intimidate [roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 06:01 PM
The gnome looked at the party for a moment before bursting into raucous laughter.

As I thought: there can be no peace between us. As it would turn out, I need that little item as well. If I fight you, I die. If I go back empty-handed, I'll be killed. What's the saying... death before dishonor? asked the gnome before firing a bolt at Aelar.

On better circumstances, perhaps we could have worked something out.

The bolt was coming straight for Aelar's face. As quick as a flash Aelar chomped down on the bolt and, with a final crunch, broke the bolt in twain, spitting the halves on the floor. The gnome looked dumbfounded.

[roll0] to hit vs. AC and [roll1] damage should it hit.

Zencudis
2009-10-17, 06:11 PM
Fateral moves beside the gnome, throws down his shield and attempts to try and grab the beast and restrain him.
You feral beast, your going to tell me why you need it or I'm going to make sure that when the rats feed on your unmoving corpse, you can feel every bloody nibble!

Grab vs reflex [roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 06:14 PM
The gnome was more spritely than the tiefling had anticipated. As Fateral made to grab him he artfully spun out of the way and, for added insult, slapped the tiefling in the face.

I think you'll have to do to get me WHILE I'm moving rather than what you'll do to me when I'm not.

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 06:19 PM
River moved forward, trying once again to mentally attack the gnome. This time her psionic attack struck true as the gnome was brought to his knees, screaming and clutching his head.

[roll0] to hit vs. Will and [roll1] should she do so.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-17, 06:26 PM
Damian capitalized on the momentary anguish of the gnome to close the gap between them, and swing his weapons at his kneeling form.

Declaring gnome as quarry, move, and twin strike on the gnome

Attacks [roll0] [roll1]

Damage [roll2] [roll3] and if either hit [roll4]

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 06:28 PM
Damians second slash strikes the now anguished gnome who manages to stand back on his feet.

The gnome is bloodied.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-17, 06:36 PM
Running up behind Damian, Aelar plants a hand on the shifter's shoulder, and runs up his back, flipping over to the other side of the gnome, before attacking him with an uncanny speed, his sword glowing with a divine light.

Move action behind Damian, Standard Action Angelic Alacrity, allows me to shift 5 squares total. I just chose to make it look awesome :D

Damage rolls [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

The first two rolls are for the damage of one attack, and the second two are if either of the damage rolls are "1's". Also, add 6 damage to the final result.

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 06:41 PM
The blow strikes the gnome on the crown of his head. Shaken severely by the blow, the gnome almost looses his balance. Steadying himself, the gnome sneers.

Having some trouble? It's only little old me. he taunted befpr firing another bolt at Aelar.

The bolt whizzes past Aelar's ear and breaks on the wall.

[roll0] to hit and [roll1] for damage

Zencudis
2009-10-17, 06:51 PM
Fateral brings his longsword up with both hands and yells at the gnome again Are you too scared to fight me you little slave of darkness? Is my heart not good enough for your arrow? Then allow me to fix your obviously damaged logic! and he swings his sword towards the gnome, fury in his eyes.

minor action, using the longsword with both hands
Longsword attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 06:52 PM
You are not worthy of my bolts, retorted the gnome as he swiftly sidestepped the blow. Not very graceful, are you?

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 06:55 PM
River concentrated once again. With that last bit of mental power, the gnome's eyes became unfocused and then, finally, lifeless as he slumped to the floor, dead.

[roll0] to hit vs. Will and [roll1]for damage

Zencudis
2009-10-17, 07:08 PM
Once the gnome had fallen, Fateral looked in his and the other beasts' corpses. Searching for anything that they could possibly use. As he searched the goblin's body he mutters to himself Don't these foul creatures ever bath? I mean son the Pelor! I could probably smell them a weeks walk away!

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 07:12 PM
Fateral finds a total of thirteen gold, a spare short sword that the large goblin was carrying and, upon inspection of the gnome, he found two things. One was a small votive picture with the image of a dying Archon upon it. The other was the cloak that the gnome was wearing. It bore an emblem of two crossed bones with sharpened ends superimposed over a large, red V. The short sword had the same emblem branded onto it.

Zencudis
2009-10-17, 07:39 PM
Fateral seemed perplexed by the odd symbol that decorated some of the items and was wondered what the the dying Archon picture means.
He returns with his arms full of the junk and tells of each item and their corresponding body. I'm not sure what any of this crap means so if you've got an idea, please tell.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-17, 10:58 PM
Inspecting the loot that the Tiefling had brought back, Aelar studies the symbol on the shortsword and the cloak.

Religion Check, to see if it's a Holy Symbol of a deity

[roll0]

After spending a moment poring over the symbols, he reports to the others. "Well, the good news is that this symbol doesn't belong to any deity that exists. The bad news is, other than that, I have no idea what it belongs to."

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 10:59 PM
You know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that this symbol does not belong to a deity.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-17, 11:12 PM
Looking around at the bodies strewn across the ground, Aelar noticed that the gnome's shirt stuck up in an odd place. Going over to it while the others were busy looking at the other items the Tiefling had brought over, he knelt down and searched the gnome's shirt.

Zato-1
2009-10-17, 11:22 PM
Aelar rummages through the gnomes shirt and finds a hidden pocket containing an envelope. The seal on it had been broken sometime earlier and inside was a letter. Taking a seat on the floor, Aelar read the contents of the letter.

Immric,

I have heard from a reliable source that there is another Soul Shard located within the vicinity of the town of Rithmere. He goes on further to say that it is most likely in the tomb of a family by the name Merrows and will most likely by surrounded by the undead. Whether or not the Shard has anything to do with the sudden appearance of the undead neither myself nor my informant has any idea. All I can say is this: the elemental that gave birth to the shard was most likely an Archon and is most likely guarded by some form of monster. In the event that you are unable to obtain the shard we will have to abandon it for now, but you know the consequences should you fail.

Kincaid

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-17, 11:26 PM
Scanning through the letter, Aelar committed details to memory, and then pocketed it, without a word to his companions. Turning back to the group, he said, "Alright, looks like we've gotten all we can off of these bodies. Let's continue on, shall we?"

Pakiti
2009-10-17, 11:51 PM
Damian, wiping the last bit of blood off his blades, motioned down the corridor, "Lead the way."

Zato-1
2009-10-18, 12:21 AM
Suddenly, the group heard a noise coming from behind them. Someone else had entered the crypt. Weapons at the ready, they turned to face the newcomer. He was a human dressed in... odd garments, no doubt sdue to an interesting profession. Nevertheless, they did not lower their arms.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-18, 12:46 AM
Seeing the newcomer walk down the corridor towards them, Aelar watched with unease. Something about this figure didn't sit right with him, and set him on edge. Every instinct was telling him to eliminate this person, though he didn't have the slightest clue as to why. He didn't seem terribly imposing, but something about him caused the hair on Aelar's neck to stand up. One thing was for sure: this newcomer wasn't going to get any further without an explanation.
"Don't take another step, unless you enjoy the taste of steel. Who are you, and what business do you have in this tomb?"

Mysticnine
2009-10-18, 12:51 AM
The stranger was covered from head to toe in tattered black robes. His face was pale and slightly gaunt, the look of a man who hadn't seen the sunlight in years. His shoulder-length black hair was straight but unkempt, partially shielding his cold, violently green eyes. His thin white fingers were clasped around what appeared to be a walking staff that glittered slightly in the failing light.

The man straightened himself up and brushed his hair out of his face. He looked even skinnier standing straight up. His cold gaze pierces Aelar for a moment, and then he opens his mouth.

"Names are for friends, so I don't need one," he says in a slightly strained and hoarse voice. "And my business is my own."
The stranger looks over Aelar, looking mildly impressed. His green eyes scan the rest of the party.

Religion Check 1d20+3

Mysticnine
2009-10-18, 12:59 AM
Religion Check [roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-18, 01:01 AM
You notice that the Elf Avenger standing before you is in the service of the Raven Queen, who hates anything to do wit the undead.

Tavar
2009-10-18, 01:04 AM
River
River kneels by the gnome's body, touching the head. Almost as if jolted, she jerks her hand back, and begins rocking side to side, chanting in a whisper, and seemingly hyperventilating.
H-h-h-h-he was there, then not. Broken, can't fix. Can't fix. Can't fix.......

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-18, 01:07 AM
Not losing a beat after the human spoke, Aelar replied without letting emotion sneak into his voice.

"Only those who are my friends will make it past me, and any business that takes someone further into this tomb is subject to my approval, lest you want to end up like the last people that tried to proceed past this point," he said, referring to the corpses strewn about the corridor. "So I suggest that you start remembering what it is that you go by, if you want to see what lies deeper in this tomb."

Mysticnine
2009-10-18, 01:16 AM
"I meant no quarrel, follower of the Raven Queen," said the skeletal man, "And I seek no fighting with any of you. The name is Strife. Kaiyus Strife. As for my business," he hesitates for a moment, locking eyes briefly with the Avenger, "I am merely a traveller and explorer. I follow no god and I serve no man. I seek only knowledge."

Strife takes a step forward cautiously.

"It would appear that your little friend over there is in some sort of ill mental state," he adds casually, "If I were you, I would do something about it."

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-18, 01:23 AM
Not looking away from the man, he spoke aloud in his mind.

@Tavar
"River, are you alright? Talk to me, what's wrong?"

Tavar
2009-10-18, 01:35 AM
River

River takes several deep breathes, holding each one for several seconds before releasing it. Then she talks to the others while keeping her back turned.
I-I'm fine. Just slipped for a second.

She pauses for a few seconds, then turns around. When she catches sight of Kaiyus, though, she lets out a shriek.
Who in the hells are you? What do you want?

Zato-1
2009-10-18, 01:39 AM
Both Damian and Fateral sheathed their weapons, agreeing that this might be more amusing to watch than be a part of.

Mysticnine
2009-10-18, 01:44 AM
Strife stopped moving forward, and held up his free hand.

"I mean no harm," he repeated, louder this time so that all could hear him, "Look."

He cast aside his quarterstaff and held up both of his hands.

"There. I'm outnumbered. You're armed and I'm not. Let's just everyone...calm down. It seems what we have here is nothing more than a chance encounter, so let's talk, shall we?"

There was a tinge of fear in Stife's voice. His eyes flitted back and forth between the party, pausing when they reached Aelar.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-18, 01:45 AM
"Well, stranger, I'm listening. What are you doing down here? People don't go wandering into tombs without reason."

Mysticnine
2009-10-18, 01:57 AM
"Indeed they do not," replied Strife, "But it would appear that we are in this for the same reason. Tell me, what is YOUR interest in the Crossbone Vanguard, hm?"

Strife's eyes, which betrayed a hint of fear a moment ago, now gleam with excitement.

Tavar
2009-10-18, 01:58 AM
River
Th-they asked for help, we gave it.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-18, 02:02 AM
Grinning to himself, Aelar watched the reaction of the human in front of him to River's response.

Mysticnine
2009-10-18, 02:06 AM
"They asked you for help, hm?" replied Strife, "Too lazy to do anything themselves. Typical. For your information, the Crossbone Vanguard are the mercenaries you just slaughtered. Their symbol is on the artifacts you acquired from their possession," he added, indicating the emblem, "And they have been contracted by Khana for a very important mission."

Strife's voice got lower, as if not wanting to be heard.

"They're looking for soul shards," he whispered, "As for what purpose, I do not know. But....soul shards have their uses in the right hands. Something military-related, no doubt."

Strife was practically glowing with excitement.

Tavar
2009-10-18, 02:12 AM
River
River gives Strife a glare so venomous that a gleam of purple begins to show in her eyes.
Not everyone has the luxury of power, little man. And some get it too late to do any good. In any case, if Khana wants it, they can't have it.

Mysticnine
2009-10-18, 04:15 PM
"Unfortunately, you are wrong on both accounts, my little friend," replied Strife coolly, "Everyone can have the luxury of power if they are willing to pursue it. As for the soul shards, if Khana truly wants them, they will get them. Powerful as you may be, little one, you are no match for the military might of Khana."

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-18, 06:10 PM
Aelar sighed. This arguing wasn't getting them anywhere. Sure, the entire army of Khana could obliterate them, but the advantage that the party had was that, to Khana, they didn't exist. As he passed Damian on the way to check further along the corridor, and up the stairs, he spoke with the Shifter.

"I'm checking out what's ahead of us. Keep an eye on this Strife fellow until I get back."

Mysticnine
2009-10-18, 06:20 PM
"Keep an eye on me, eh?" repeated Strife, his voice laden with sarcasm. "I have no intention of standing here while you go ahead and pry into secrets you know nothing about."

Strife bent over and picked up his quarterstaff. He pushed his hair out of his eyes and locked eyes with the elven avenger.

"What's the worst damage I could do to any of you?" he asked, sensing an aura of anger emanating from Aelar, "I can help you."

Zato-1
2009-10-18, 06:33 PM
As Aelar descends the stairs he can't help but notice that the stone steps beneath him feel rather... off. Its is almost as if the are on the verge of breaking. Going carefully down into the hallway below he peek around the corner and finds himself looking into a large chamber with a large indentation in the middle. There are names written on the stone floor where the deceased are buried and, sitting within the indentation, is a large, orange mass of what look like living goo.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-18, 06:44 PM
Backtracking as quietly as possible, Aelar returned to the group, and told them of what lay ahead.

"Y'know what would convince me that you're ready to work with the group? Clearing that room downstairs. You feel up to the task?"

Mysticnine
2009-10-18, 06:54 PM
"Of course I'm up to it," snapped Strife, "But trust is a mutual thing. If I'm going, you're coming with."

Strife brushes past the party and down the stairs, his robes billowing behind him. As he hits the bottom of the stairs, he immediately notices the goo in the middle of the floor. He racks his brains for a second, trying to identify it.

Nature Check 1d20+1

Mysticnine
2009-10-18, 06:56 PM
Nature Check 1d20+1

Mysticnine
2009-10-18, 06:57 PM
Nature Check [roll0]

sorry guys, still learning this.

Zato-1
2009-10-18, 06:59 PM
You have absolutely no idea what that thing is. In fact, you would be convinced that nothing was there at all were the thing not moving.

Mysticnine
2009-10-19, 09:26 AM
Strife looked over his shoulder at Aelar.

"It's not anything I recognize," he said to the elf, looking mildly disappointed. "Perhaps someone in your party can identify it?"

Tavar
2009-10-19, 10:56 AM
River

River walks down to the goo, thought she stays on the opposite side Strife.

Arcana[roll0]
Psionics[roll1]

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 11:33 AM
As River walks up to the goo it starts to shake violently. Immediately it starts to lurch forward at River in, what she can assume, is a menacing way.

As to why you walked up to it, I am not sure. However, you know that it is not magical and that it has no thoughts. At least none outside the realm of hostile intentions. Combat time. Initiatives rolled in OOC.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-19, 12:21 PM
Lunging forward, Aelar places himself between the creature and River, leveling his sword at the mindless ooze, and launching a bolt of divine energy at it.

"People, ranged weapons, now! Take that thing down before it can close with us!"

Wondering just what exactly the thing was, Aelar wracked his memory for any shred of knowledge regarding the creature he'd just attacked.

Nature Roll [roll0]

Move to 2 squares in front of River, Minor action to OoE the jelly, and standard action to launch Radiant Vengeance at it.

Attack Rolls (vs REF) [roll1] [roll2]

Damage roll (Radiant damage) [roll3], and I gain 4 temporary hit points.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 02:27 PM
Aelar hastens to create a barrier between the ooze and River. Try as he might, he cannot recall any specific details about the ooze. Deciding that it would be better to shoot first and ask questions later. His attack strikes true and the ooze recoils for a moment but seems wholely undamaged by the attack. As he struck the ooze, Aelar couldn't help but notice something embedded within it: a small shard that appeared to be glowing faintly.

During all of this River manages to recall a story once told to her by a travelling Tiefling. This was an Ochre Jelly, a form of ooze. Oozes are amorphous creatures with the barest hint of intelligence. They act instinctively and attack due to hunger or because something disturbed them.
They use blindsight or tremorsense to perceive their surroundings. Additionally, Ochre Jelly's cannot climb stars and frequently become trapped in dungeons as a result.

Pakiti
2009-10-19, 03:29 PM
"Ranged weapons? You take all the fun out of it!", Damian complained as he pulled out his crossbow, skillfully loaded it with two bolts, and shot them at the ooze.

Twin Strike: my attacks: [roll0] and [roll1] my damages: [roll2] and [roll3]

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 04:29 PM
A skillfully as the bolts were loaded the power behind them was... wanting. The first bolt struck the ooze but it hardly noticed that anything had happened.

Tavar
2009-10-19, 05:06 PM
Fateral

Seeing that he won't be able to reach the creature, Fateral makes due with moving up to Aelar.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 05:10 PM
Swaying ominously, the ooze lurches forward and begins to head in the direction of Aelar.

The Ochre Jelly moves 4 squares forward.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 05:17 PM
Ranged, is it? Very well! cried Kayius, firing a pitch black bolt of energy at the ooze. Sadly his attack missed terribly.

[roll0] vs. Reflex to hit and [roll1] for damage.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-19, 05:37 PM
Seeing Strife's bolt of energy fly wide, Aelar held his hand out, facing the man. His hand glowed, and the form of a Raven sprung from his outstretched palm and raced towards the wanton energy, attempting to steer it towards the ochre.

Using Divine Guidance to allow Strife two attack rolls, and he gets to use whichever roll.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 05:38 PM
Unfortunately the raven had been in Aelar's store of Rootsnap and made no difference in the bolts destination.

[roll0][roll1][roll2]

Tavar
2009-10-19, 05:47 PM
River

River furrows her brow for a second, and propels a shard of crystal at the creature. She then sends out a broadast to the party.

Everyone hears a highpitched girls voice, probably about 9 years old.
That things a Jelly. If we can get back to the stairs, it won't be able to attack us.

Immediately afterword, she follows her own advice and moves back towards the stairs.

Attack vs Reflex:[roll0], Damage:[roll1]
She also moves back six spaces.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 05:50 PM
The ooze shakes violently once more. It was confused. It was hurting in a part of it's body it seldom used: it's mind. However, it quickly shook off the damage and bobbed up and down vigorously, eager to begin feeding.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-19, 05:57 PM
Hearing what River had said, he spoke to the rest of the group.

"Get to the stairs! I'll distract it so that you can get there!"

And with that, the elf fired another bolt of divine power at the jelly, and bolted to the jelly's right.

Free action to talk, standard to use Radiant Vengeance on the Jelly, and a move action to, well, you know, move.

Attack rolls (vs REF) [roll0] [roll1]

Damage [[roll2], and I receive 4 temporary hit point, to replace the 4 I already have (they don't stack.)

As far as moving goes, I move 7 spaces diagonally.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 06:00 PM
Once again the ooze finds itself being hit by something that it cannot see. It is growing annoyed now and begins to tremor so that it's entire body wobbles.

Pakiti
2009-10-19, 06:18 PM
Damian let loose another two bolts before retreating to the stairs as Aelar instructed.

attacks: [roll0] and [roll1] damage: [roll2] and [roll3]

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 06:22 PM
Neither of Damians shots made contact.

Pakiti
2009-10-19, 06:28 PM
Athletics Check: [roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 06:31 PM
As Damian ran up the stairs, his heavy footfalls caused the ground to tremble. Damian stopped for a moment and realized, to his horror, that the stairs were crumbling beneath him. Acting quickly bent down and pushed off of the ground with tremendous effort. He managed to grab onto the top step as the rest of the stairway collapsed into rubble. With a great heave he managed to pull himself up.

All of the stairs indicated on the map have been destroyed. it is a 10 vertical jump to the top.

Zencudis
2009-10-19, 07:02 PM
Fateral moves towards the left side of the ooze, careful as he stepped on the uneven flooring. He tried to make as much noise as he could so that the ooze would notice. May the light cleanse you in eternity

move 3 spaces forward
minor action, divine challenge
Enfeebling strike [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 07:06 PM
Fateral readied a mighty blow against the ooze but, as he was about to bring his blade down, it slipped out of his hands. Fumbling with it in the air he managed to catch it before it hit the ground. Unfortunately for him he had succeeded in getting the oozes attention.

Feeling Fateral's vibrations, the ooze turned its attention away from Aelar and instead rammed itself into Fateral.

[roll0] vs. AC to hit and [roll1] damage plus ongoing 5 acid damage (save ends)

Mysticnine
2009-10-19, 07:15 PM
"Get the hells out of there!" hissed Kaiyus as he readied another spell. He muttered an incantation under his breath and raised his hands at the goo."I'll try and slow it down!"

Cast Weaken Legs on ooze

Constitution vs Fortitude [roll0]
If it hits, 1d6+4 [roll1] and target is slowed.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 07:18 PM
Unfortunately, Kayius was unable to strike the ooze.

Tavar
2009-10-19, 07:55 PM
River
Let me try.
River yells as she runs towards the jelly. Suddenly she stops, and everyone can hear a muted shriek, as if a great distance away.

Attack vs Will[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If hits, target weakened for 1 round.
Used Disable for the encounter.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 07:57 PM
The ooze shook violently and slumped over. It seemed somehow weaker than before River's psychic attack.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-19, 08:03 PM
Cursing under his breath at the Tiefling's stupidity, Aelar shouts, "Fateral! You idiot! Get away from that thing!"

Continuing his lap past the jelly, the Avenger launches another bolt of holy vengeance at the creature.

Free action to shout at the Tiefling, move 7 spaces (6 diagonal, 1 right), and standard action for Radiant Vengeance.

Attack rolls vs REF [roll0] [roll1]

Damage roll [roll2] and I get 4 temp. hp.

Pakiti
2009-10-19, 08:08 PM
"Great," growled Damian, looking down at the broken stairs in front of him.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 08:11 PM
The ooze emits a gurgling noise and thrashes about violently. It's attention seems to turn to Aelar, but no one can really tell which way it is looking.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 08:16 PM
Heading Aelars words, Fateral took a step back and made a break for where the stairs were.

5 acid damage is taken and [roll0] to see if it ends. Shift back one and 5 more back for 6 total.

Mysticnine
2009-10-19, 08:27 PM
Strife fired another burst of black energy at the creature, gritting his teeth and hoping he would not fail again.

Black Bolt, intelligence vs reflex [roll0] if hit, [roll1]

Tavar
2009-10-19, 08:34 PM
River

River creates another shard of crystal and flings it at the creature, but it flows out of the way.

Attack vs ref-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 08:38 PM
The bolt looked as though it was about to veer off course something miraculous happened. A shimmering hand came out of nowhere, grabbed the bolt and redirected it towards the ooze. The hand's aim was true and the bolt split the ooze neatly in half. Kayius couldn't believe it. If he believed in a god, he would have said that one was thought that one was watching out for him.

The halves of the ooze shook for a moment before gathering themselves up as two separate jellies. They bobbed in unison for a moment before heading off in opposite directions.

In the event of bad luck, you get one free save. Also, the ooze(s) are bloodied.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-19, 08:55 PM
Stunned that they now faced two enemies, rather than one, Aelar continued his clockwise lap around the jelly in the center, and leveled his sword at it as an arc of energy leapt from the blade towards the creature.

Minor action to OoE the jelly closest to me, move action 7 diagonally, and standard action to use Radiant Vengeance against it.

Damage [roll2] and the 4 temp hp.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 08:58 PM
The jelly jiggled. It seemed that the battle was finally taking its toll on the ooze.

Pakiti
2009-10-19, 09:03 PM
Damian heard the sounds of battle coming from round the corner, shouted,"Enough of this, I'm missing all the action!" He lept from the top of what was once the stairs.

Athletics: [roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 09:05 PM
Damian succeeded in landing properly on the floor below, although he did stumble a bit when he came down.

Pakiti
2009-10-19, 09:09 PM
Damian, a little disappointed at his less-than-graceful landing, rounded the corner and drew his blades, tired of using his worthless crossbow.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 09:18 PM
Fateral continued his flight away from the now increased number of oozes. After a bit he stopped for a moment to take a breather.

The oozes continued their sluggish chase of the two moving parties. One of the oozes moved past Kayius but did not notice him because, for most of this battle, he had been inert.

Second Wind used, heals for 7, +2 to defenses until the end of next turn.

Mysticnine
2009-10-19, 09:34 PM
Taking advantage of the ooze's apparent lack of concentration, Kaiyus concentrated with all of his might and focused on the glob closest to him. He muttered a curse under his breath. There was a sound of rushing wind as he finished the incantation.

Internal Pain, CON vs FORT [roll0] If hit, does [roll1] damage and target takes -1 on all rolls until the end of my next turn.

Tavar
2009-10-19, 09:37 PM
River

River creates another shard of crystal and flings it at the creature, but it flows out of the way.

Attack vs ref-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 09:38 PM
The blow strikes true and, although not a terribly powerful one, it reminds the ooze that there is more than one person in this room to feed upon. River's crystal dagger whizzes past the ooze.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-19, 09:55 PM
Seeing that the jelly he was circling was weakening, Aelar unleashed another bolt of divine energy at the target.

Move action to move 6 south. Standard to use Radiant Vengeance.

Attack Rolls vs REF [roll0] [roll1]

Damage [roll2] plus 4 temp hp.

Pakiti
2009-10-19, 09:57 PM
"Lets end this already!" howled Damian as he charged at the ooze not currently engaged with Aelar, blades and grin glittering with the excitement of battle. Marking the ooze as his prey, he ruthlessly cut down with his war cleaver as he dashed around it, moving between it and Kaiyus, then with a surge of heroics only adventurers know, he attempts to strike twice more.

Move action to get to the Ooze, minor to mark him as my quarry, standard action to use Evasive Strike, which lets me shift 3, which I use to get between the Ooze and Kaiyus. Then I spend an action point and use Twin strike.
Evasive Strike Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Twin Strike 1st attack: [roll2] 2nd: [roll3] Damages: [roll4] and [roll5]

and hunter's quarry damage [roll6] to whatever hits

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 09:58 PM
The attack strikes the ooze square in the chest(?).

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 10:04 PM
Although Damian's first attack missed, his second blow managed to land on the ooze causing a deep gash which quickly healed up.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 10:09 PM
The northern of the two oozes moved south, chasing it's quarry. The southerly ooze, in retaliation to Damians attack, rammed itself into him.

to hit and [roll1] to hit plus ongoing 5 acid damage

Mysticnine
2009-10-19, 10:16 PM
Kaiyus sidestepped around Damian as the ooze slammed into the warrior.

"Watch out!" said Strife harshly to Damian as he raised his hand and fired another bolt of pure black energy at the ooze.

Black Bolt, INT vs REF [roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage if hit.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 10:18 PM
The bolt's aim is true as it tears through the ooze like it was crepe paper. The ooze looks considerably weaker than it di before.

Tavar
2009-10-19, 10:21 PM
River

River creates another shard of crystal and flings it at the creature, and takes a few steps to her left in order to get out of it's range.

Attacking the one closest to the indentation.
Attack vs ref-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]
Move to the left 3 spaces

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 10:25 PM
As the crystal dagger zoomed past the ooze the same shimmering hand that had re-directed the black lightning appeared once again and caught the dagger in mid flight. Turning it around it hurled the dagger at the ooze, piercing the quivering mass and striking it dead.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-19, 10:43 PM
Seeing that his quarry was the only one left remaining, Aelar turned, and charged the jelly, his sword glowing with divine energy. Leaping into the air just before he closed with the jelly, Aelar slashed down with his sword before landing on the other side, and letting his momentum carry him further past the creature.

Move action in front of the Jelly, Standard action Angelic Alacrity, shift around the jelly 5 squares, attack, but also activate Elven accuracy, allowing me to roll a total of 4 attack rolls.

Attack Rolls [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

Damage rolls [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7]

If either of the first two damage rolls are 1's, use the second rolls.

Also, add 6 to the final damage.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 10:48 PM
Aelar charged the ooze, his sword glowing brilliantly with radiant energy. Within seconds he was upon it. With a single, downward stroke he cut completely through the ooze and skidded to a halt several feet behind it. The energy that had built up in his sword coalesced within the ooze for a moment, forming a brilliant orb of light. Finally the ooze gave a final lurch and the ord exploded sending framgents of the ooze all over and causing the small crystal shard that was embedded in it to fall to the ground.

Encounter over. 60 xp for all.

Tavar
2009-10-19, 10:55 PM
River

River flicks some ooze off of her shirt, and then approaches the shard.

Know:Arcana[roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 10:56 PM
As far as River could tell it was simply a piece of crystal that had become lodged in the ooze. It could be the Soul Shard but she didn't know for certain.

Mysticnine
2009-10-19, 10:56 PM
Strife immediately turns in the direction of the shard clattering across the stone floor.

Arcana Check [roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 10:57 PM
Kayius also has a hard time figuring out whether the crystal is the Soul Shard.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-19, 11:03 PM
Picking the crystal up, Aelar attempted to discern what it was.

Arcana Check [roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 11:04 PM
You're clueless, dip****.

Tavar
2009-10-19, 11:11 PM
River
If no one has any idea what this is, perhaps we should take it back to the Mayor.

Pakiti
2009-10-19, 11:15 PM
Damian thought for a second...

what the hell: [roll0]

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 11:17 PM
Damian also cannot accurately label the crystal.

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 11:28 PM
After some discussion, fruitless searching and much physical exertion in getting out of the crypt the group makes their way back to town. When they arrive they ask a nearby villager where the town hall is.

It's right next to the church. Take a right down that street and you can't miss it.

Following his directions the group arrives at the town hall. When the go inside they see that it is a plain building, not spectaculer in any way. A fitting center of government for a hamlet such as Rithmere. As they walk inside they notice that the secretary, or clerk or whoever was the Mayor's assistant was not there. The group decided to let themselves into the Mayor's office. As they entered his office the Mayor seems somewhat surprise to see them

Ah, I see you have returned. You have the Soul Shard then?

We believe that this is what you were looking for. said Aelar, handing the Shard over to the Mayor.

The Mayor examined it for a moment before a broad grin spread over his face.

This is indeed the Soul Shard. You have done me a great service this day! I cannot thank you enough. Wait here while I go and retrieve your reward. said the Mayor, whisking himself fro mthe office.

A few moments passed in silence before the Mayor returned. This time, however, he seemed completely startled to see the party in his office.

Who on Earth are you people and why are you gathered here in my office?! thundered the Mayor.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-19, 11:34 PM
Shocked, Aelar replied, "Um, sir, we're the group you contracted to retrieve the soul shard from the Merrows crypt...assuming that that was you earlier today..."

Aelar suddenly realized that they had been had, and that this mayor had never met them before.

"Sir, I believe that you may have had a shapeshifter impersonate you, and that they are now in possession of a soul shard from the crypt of Merrrows."

Zato-1
2009-10-19, 11:36 PM
What the devil is a Soul Shard? Who are you people?

Mysticnine
2009-10-20, 10:28 AM
Strife's eyes flashed with anger.

"The enemy has the soul shard!" he hissed just loud enough so that Aelar could hear him, "I never should have trusted you!"

Strife made for the exit with surprising speed for man in his condition. He paused when he passed River.

"What did I tell you, little one?" he whispered in her ear, "If Khana wants the soul shard, they will get it."

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 01:57 PM
I don't have time for this! Night has fallen and we're running out of time! They'll be here soon!

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-20, 04:51 PM
Without losing his patience, or train of thought, Aelar took stock of the situation. Someone, or something, had taken the soul shard from them, and apparently, that was a bad thing. Aelar didn't really know quite what the crystal did, nor did he particularly care, but he did know that right now, he was in a town that was, within minutes, going to be surrounded by monsters of all sorts. He had a few options: First, he could cut his losses, and get out before the storm, but that would mean leaving River with these people. Second, he could take her with him, but she might attract undue attention from the creatures, and that might end up with the pair being swarmed. Third, he could stay here, and wait out the night, but that would mean potentially being at odds with whatever lingered outside the borders of Rithmere. Assuming he stayed the night, with these people he'd known for only a few hours, what then? Would he pursue the creature that had made off with the soul shard? And why was it such a terrible thing, anyway? Khana wasn't the first tyrannical empire to surface in this world, nor would it be the last. Time soldiers on, and Death takes everyone when it so chooses.

"When she so chooses," he corrected himself in his mind, as his hand absent-mindedly drifted towards the symbol of his Queen.

Looking up from his thoughts, he saw Strife storming out of the room. Calling after him, without moving, he said, "Strife, you will regret immensely if you leave the safety of this building right now. The things that are out there, whatever they may be, far outnumber you, and based upon your performance earlier, can probably kill you without too much of a hassle. Please, consider it a personal favor to me to stay the night, at least. I don't like the idea of staying here any more than you do, albeit for different reasons, but I doubt you would last the night out there on your own. In fact, I doubt any of us would, to be honest.

So, stay here, and figure out what your next steps will be for the morrow, but for the time being, consider the outside world to be cut off. All that you need to worry about at the moment is lasting the night, which, as much as I hate to admit it, seems like it will take a lot more energy than that crypt did."

Having spoken with Strife, and consequently, the rest of the group, he turned to the mayor, and spoke with him in private, taking him to a part of the room away from the rest of the party.

"Sir, I need your help. We intercepted a group of goblins accompanying a gnome while we were in the crypt, and they had this letter on them," he said, producing the letter he'd taken off of the gnome. "It's signed by a "Lord Kincaid", and I was wondering if you had any knowledge of such a figure. I believe that he might be behind your impostor, at the very least."

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 05:09 PM
The Mayor took the letter and examined it closely. He furrowed his brow when he reached the part about Kincaid's informant. When he finished he returned the letter to Aelar.

I have no knowledge of anyone named Kincaid. Assuming that he is from Khana I would have nothing to do with him or his gnome friend. The part about the informant is what really worries me. I can thin of only one person in the area who might know something about these... Soul Shards, and that one of them lay in the Merrows tomb. There is a Sorceror on the outskirts of town named Simon. If you want to find out more I would suggest asking him. However no is... he stopped suddenly as the color drained from his face.

The church bell had begun to ring. Immediately the Mayor strode into his office and returned readily with halberd in hand.

They are upon us. If you are willing I would request your help in defending the people of this town If not, you are welcome to hold up here. If you'll excuse me, I have some bugs to squash, he said as he rushed out the door and into the streets.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-20, 06:10 PM
As the mayor left the room, Aelar and Damian both went to the window, to get a grasp of the situation outside.

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 06:16 PM
As Aelar and Damian looked out the window and were greeted with a spectacular sight. The whole of the courtyard was being overrun by large, insectoid reptiles and, directly outside, the Mayor was engaging one in combat. There was another man in front of the church who was busy dealing with one of the assailants. He wore a long cloak and weilded a shortsword and seemed to be doing a fine job of holding off the bugs.

Mysticnine
2009-10-20, 06:31 PM
Kaiyus swore under his breath. Were it not for these adventurers, the goblins would have gotten their soul shard much sooner and Kaiyus could have tracked them down. But the unexpected arrival of the group changed all of his plans. Now, the soul shard could be miles away, and they were being assailed by monsters. He shook his head in anger.

"I should never have trusted any of you," he said aloud, "But right now, we have more pressing matters."

He strode to the front door with his staff in his hand. He looked over his shoulder at the group.

"Any of you coming or not?"

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-20, 06:42 PM
Staring out the window, he spoke to Strife without averting his gaze.

"Kaiyus, you're going with the rest of the group to find this Simon character. He's our only lead right now, and we need to know what he knows. Now go, and don't delay a moment longer, there are bound to be plenty of bugs between here and there."

Taking a few steps back from the window, Aelar sprints towards it at full speed, breaking through the glass. Once outside, he leveled his sword at the nearest enemy, and charged straight into it.

Move action out the window (it's ground level), Minor action to OoE the bug labeled "4", and then standard to charge him.

Damage Roll [roll2] [roll3] (Second roll is in case the first was a one.)

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 06:46 PM
Aelar's blade pierced the head of the creature and ran through straight to the hilt. The creature squirmed for a moment and then lay still. Aelar kicked the wretched thing off of his blade and turned to survey the situation. The other creatures had noticed him and the rest of the party through the windows of the cown hall. Their mouths clicked hungrily and they began to advance.

Combat time

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 07:05 PM
Seeing Aelar quickly dispatch the creature made the mystery man on the other end of the square laugh.

Guess I'd better stop fooling around he said as he aimed a blow at the creature in front of him. His dagger made swift work of the creature he was dueling as it tore open the creatures head, causing it to shriek in pain before it fell to the ground, dead.

Zencudis
2009-10-20, 07:14 PM
Fateral, listening to Aelar's advice once again, Starts lead the group out of town hall, hoping that this was the worst of the attack. Simon better be worth this nighttime jog through the besieged city.
Alright, you heard the man, lets move on out of here, we can't waste anymore time.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-20, 07:28 PM
Locking eyes with his next victim, Aelar, leveled his sword once more, and charged the bugger again.

Minor to OoE the bugger labeled "5", charge to be in position diagonally right and above the creep.

Attack Rolls [roll0] [roll1]

Damage rolls [roll2] [roll3] Second roll is in case 1st is a one.

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 07:35 PM
Aelar succeeded in incapacitating another one of the creatures. Seeing this brought a large grin to the Mayor's face.

Glad to see you've decided to help! Let me show you how it's done! he said, taking his halberd to the creature in front of him. The Mayor succeeded in piercing the creatures head with his halberd causing it to convulse horribly before dropping dead on the ground.

[roll0] to hit and [roll1] damage

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-20, 07:49 PM
Seeing the mayor drop his foe, Aelar shouted to him. "Take the others to Simon's house, we can clean up here!"

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 08:17 PM
Will do, it's this way! replied the Mayor, heading to the north.

Bruxs
2009-10-20, 08:29 PM
Let me try says a voice coming from a figure now holding a greataxe over it's head, ready to harm the nearest attacker

[roll0] to hit

Bruxs
2009-10-20, 08:43 PM
Let me try says a voice coming from a figure... yadda yadda yadda

To number 8, reaping strike
to hit:[roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 08:44 PM
Bruxs's greataxe comes down, neatly cleaving the creatures head in twain.

Mysticnine
2009-10-20, 08:47 PM
Strife exits the building behind Fateral. "Great," he thinks to himself, "I'm going to die looking for some godforsaken Simon person."

Strife looks around the nearby area, preparing for any attackers that may be lurking nearby.

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 09:08 PM
The two larger creatures made loud clicking noises before tearing off at both Bruxs and Aelar. One of the creatures engages Bruxs and slashes at him with it's claws.

[roll0] vs. AC and [roll1] damage

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 09:15 PM
Fateral darted off in the direction of the Mayor and Kayius.

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 09:18 PM
Damian followed suit.

Tavar
2009-10-20, 09:22 PM
River
River moves up to support Aelar, sending a crystal shard at one of the insects as she does so.

Attack vs reflex, targeting 7 [roll0], Damage[roll1]
Move 5 forward.

knowlege nature check[roll2]

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 09:26 PM
The shard misses its intended target and instead shatters upon the ground.
River knows that these things are kruthiks. Kruthiks are chitinous reptilian hunters that form
small hives underground. They use their superior numbers to
overwhelm and devour all other nearby creatures.
Kruthiks hunt methodically, stripping one area of prey
before expanding their territory. They butcher their kills
and carry treasure back to their nesting warrens. Mauled
carcasses and strange tracks that look as if they were made by
spikes are sure signs of a kruthik horde. They also seek out things that radiate warmth, be they magical or other.

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 09:27 PM
The mystery man laughs at River's attempt to help, thinking it comical. He rushes down and attacks another of the kruthiks with his dagger. He succeeds in ending the creatures life.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-20, 09:43 PM
Grinning at the larger of the two bug-men, Aelar leveled his weapon at it, and ran towards it. Reaching the creature, the elf slashed at it as he vaulted off of it, and past him.

Move up to "A", Minor OoE, standard Angelic Alacrity

Attack Rolls [roll0] [roll1]

Damage rolls [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Add 8 damage to the final damage. And, I shifted to the space two above bugger "7".

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 09:46 PM
Aelars blow struck true. However, this only succeeded in making the kruthik angry. Flailing around for a moment the kruthik turned its sights on River.

The Mayor continued on his way.

Bruxs
2009-10-20, 09:48 PM
one more as he attacks another

reaping strike even if it is a miss STR modifier is damage given
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 09:50 PM
Bruxs's blow scratches the kruthiks hide. It roars in fury.

Mysticnine
2009-10-20, 09:50 PM
Ignoring the raging battle, Kaiyus did his best to keep up with the mayor. Aelar was competent enough to fend for himself.

Two move actions to get off the map.

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 09:53 PM
Fateral and Damian follow suit.

Tavar
2009-10-20, 09:57 PM
River
River moves forward and flings another shard, this time aiming for the smaller Kruthiks threatening Aelars.

move forward 3

Attack vs ref [roll0], damage [roll1]

Zato-1
2009-10-20, 09:58 PM
The shard once again flies harmlessly by the kruthik.

Zato-1
2009-10-21, 01:51 PM
The smaller kruthiks reared up on their hind legs and charged at both River and Aelar. One of them slashed at Aelar with it's claws. Aelar, however, swiftly evaded the attack.

[roll0]to hit and 4 damage

Zato-1
2009-10-21, 01:58 PM
Noticing the kruthik heading toward River, the mystery man dashed over to give aid. The kruthik noticed him coming and made ready to attack. Just as the kruthik tried to slash at him with it's claws the man jumped up into the air and landed squarely on the claw that was meant to wound him. Taking advantage of the creature's confusion the man thrust his dagger into the skull of the kruthik and, grinning broadly, scissor kicked the dagger so that it was sent flying though the kruthiks head and onto the ground just under the beast. The kruthik dropped to the ground, dead. The man looked over at River, revealing a humanoid face.

Are you all right? Your game seems off, said the man.

[roll0] vs. Reflex to get combat advantage over the kruthik as a minor action and [roll1] assuming he does, [roll2] assuming he doesn't. Should he hit he deals [roll3][roll4] damage. An action point was used because of the 1.

Zato-1
2009-10-22, 11:39 AM
In case ZOMGoubeaux hadn't realized, it's his turn.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-22, 04:31 PM
Seeing the larger of the bugs closing with their unknown ally and River, Aelar easily sidestepped the smaller kruthik, leapt onto the side of the fountain, and charged towards the bug that was menacing the young woman.

Minor to shift away from the little bug, and standard to charge the kruthik marked "A", ending the charge to the right of it.

Damage roll [roll2] [roll3]

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-22, 04:39 PM
After landing his first blow upon the creature, Aelar drew upon reserves of energy granted by his Queen in order to strike the Kruthik again, his sword glowing bright white.

Action point to use a standard action, Bond of Pursuit, and Elven Accuracy.

Attack rolls [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

Damage roll [roll4] [roll5]. If the kruthik ends his next turn not adjacent to me, I can shift 5 squares as a free action, as long as I end it closer to him.

Also, the kruthik dropped, so I use OoE on the minion, trading my leftover move action for a minor action.

Zato-1
2009-10-22, 04:53 PM
The kruthik buckled under the might of Aelar's blow before drawing its last breath.

The Mayor and the rest of the group came within view of Simon's house. As they arrived they noticed a small, portly man exiting the house in a great hurry.

Simon! Where are you going!? shouted the Mayor.

Simon, surprised to see the newcomers, began to pant and look around wildly.

I'm sick and tired of these creatures, Alan! I will not stay here any longer! he blurted, making a dash for the west.

As he was running he tripped on an exposed root and fell flat on his face. As he did, several kruthiks burst from out of the ground, staring at Simon hungrily. Turning to the party, the Mayor shook his head grimly.

If you want any information out of him, you'll have to save him from those beasts! he cried, dashing across the bridge to give aid to Simon.

Zato-1
2009-10-22, 09:49 PM
Bruxs aimed another blow at the kruthik. This time his aim was true and his axe tore into the creature's flank.

Reaping Strike [roll0][roll1]

Mysticnine
2009-10-22, 09:57 PM
Strife sprinted up to the bridge, raised his hand to cast a spell, and swore when he realized the beasts were too far out of range. He swore and looked over his shoulder at his temporary allies.

"Get the hell up here!" he screamed as he continued to move up. His crossbow would do less damage then any of his magic, anyway.

Zato-1
2009-10-22, 10:00 PM
Bruxs's actual damage [roll0]

Mysticnine
2009-10-22, 10:04 PM
Strife ran till his legs burned. Maybe, just maybe, he could get a shot off......if he could just get within range....

With a grim smile on his face, Strife let loose a bolt of black lightning.

Action Point to get an extra movement point, cast Black Bolt on the creature labeled "10". INT vs REF [roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage if it hits.

Zato-1
2009-10-22, 10:06 PM
The kruthik roared in response to Bruxs's attack and slashed at him with it's claw.

The largest of the kruthiks began to creep towards the prone Simon, hunger in it's eyes.

Strife's bolt strikes the kruthik right between the eyes, causing instant death.

[roll0] to hit and [roll1] damage

Pakiti
2009-10-23, 12:55 PM
Damian charged at the nearest bug, drawing his weapons.

2 move actions to get to nearest bug, minor to draw.

Tavar
2009-10-23, 01:08 PM
River once again flings a crystal shard at a kruthik.

Attacking nearest.
Attack vs Ref.
Damage[roll1]
Also, Pakiti, your character isn't based on TTGL by any chance, is it?

Zato-1
2009-10-24, 06:08 PM
River's shard did nothing but bounce harmlessly off of the pavement.

The mystery man smiled.

Nope, not your day at all, he said.

Turning to Aelar, the mystery man called:

Hey! I'm going to see if my wife is okay, can you handle things here?

Aelar nodded and with that, the man rushed off down the streets and out of sight.

ZOMGoubeaux
2009-10-24, 08:35 PM
Watching the man run down the streets, Aelar turned to the last tiny bug, and fired a bolt of divine energy at it. Seeing it drop, the elf then dashed to position himself opposite the dragonborn, in an effort to help him bring it down faster.

Standard action, radiant vengeance, move action to position myself on the other side of the large kruthik, flanking it with Bruxs, minor action to OoE it.

Damage [roll2] and I get 4 temp. hp.

Zato-1
2009-10-24, 08:36 PM
The small kruthik explodes.

Zato-1
2009-10-24, 08:44 PM
Rushing towards the large kruthik, the Mayor lets spins his halberd about himself in an attempt to add centirfugal force to the blow. His halberd struck the side of the kruthik, lifting it off it's feet and creating a huge gash in it's flank. The kruthik spun over in midair and landed flat on it's back.

[roll0] vs. Reflex to hit and [roll1] damage. If it hits the target is knocked prone.