PDA

View Full Version : WW Central VI: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Helgraf
2010-05-27, 11:14 AM
Hogwarts? I must have missed that game.

Oh ha. ha ha. Ha ha ha!

MOD
2010-05-27, 10:34 PM
Ok I think I'd like the next available slot for a game. Wherever that is for IT.

hap_hazard
2010-05-29, 10:02 PM
Okay if I start Hot Potato 3? Anyone up for it?

RedScholarGypsy
2010-05-30, 09:49 AM
I have an Idea for a 20-player game based off of a card game I really like.

Bang!: The Spaghetti Werewolf Game

Roles:

All win conditions also require you to be alive.

Sheriff: The Law. This is a revealed role. The player who has this role is known to everyone at the beginning of the game. This role wins when the Renegade and Outlaws are dead.

Deputies: The Sheriff's support. They do not start out knowing one another, nor are they known by the Sheriff. These players win when the Renegade and Outlaws are dead.

Outlaws: The Wolves. Exactly what it says on the tin. These players win when the Sheriff is dead.

Renegade: The Neutral. He wins when all the other power roles are dead. To be clear, you must kill the Outlaws before the Sheriff dies, or Outlaws win.

Villagers: Your normal sheep. They win when the Outlaws are dead, and either the Renegade or Sheriff is dead.

Also, if all the villagers die, everyone LOSES.

Powers:

All Powers are used during the Night Phase. All of these actions must be sent to the Narrator.

Night Kill: Outlaws only. You know the drill.

Scry: Renegade only. It's 100% accurate and reveals exact role.

Bane: Deputies only. This is a passive ability. So long as a deputy is alive, the Sheriff can not be night killed. Otherwise, they do not act as baners.

Duel: Any player except Sheriff. A player may challenge another player(including the Sheriff) to a duel for the next day; it must be accepted. If multiple duels are made, one is randomly selected. If two players challenge each other, these duels have priority.
The Renegade may ensure their duel has ultimate priority by announcing their role within the pm to the Narrator, which will be announced to all players.
When two players are in a duel, all votes must be to lynch either of the two duelists; any other vote will not count and may cause auto-lynching.

Throw in Jail: Sheriff only. This is like an omni-void ability. The target player can not vote the next day, and can not use any powers the next night. The player can not be killed nor targeted for any power until a day and night has passed.

I figure 1 Sheriff, 1 Renegade, 3 Outlaws, 3 Deputies, and 12 Villagers. I was also considering the following roles:

Town Drunk: This players votes count for -1 instead of 1.

Calamity Jane: A Deputy who thinks she is a Renegade. Has Scry(Scries renegade as Deputy/Outlaw, 50% chance either; otherwise 100% accurate), passive Bane of Sheriff, and may take priority of duel by declaring 'role', though if true renegade declares, that player gets it.

happyturtle
2010-05-30, 09:57 AM
Calamity Jane, definitely not. You can't give the good guys any type of scry when there's an unkillable revealed role.

Otherwise, it sounds great.

RedScholarGypsy
2010-05-30, 12:17 PM
Calamity Jane, definitely not. You can't give the good guys any type of scry when there's an unkillable revealed role.

Otherwise, it sounds great.

True, as if the renegade is killed, CJ knows she's actually a Deputy. I may add the Town Drunk in then anyway. I may just start recruitment now and hope it finishes before I need to start Bounty Hunters 2

happyturtle
2010-05-30, 12:24 PM
I love the idea of a powerful role that doesn't know what team it is on though, especially if you left it ambiguous in the death narration of their counterpart. It would be great in another game. :smallsmile:

Better let some of the talented game breakers look over your rules too. It's so different that that they may find something.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-30, 06:49 PM
I have an Idea for a 20-player game based off of a card game I really like.

Bang!: The Spaghetti Werewolf Game

Roles:

All win conditions also require you to be alive.

Sheriff: The Law. This is a revealed role. The player who has this role is known to everyone at the beginning of the game. This role wins when the Renegade and Outlaws are dead.

Deputies: The Sheriff's support. They do not start out knowing one another, nor are they known by the Sheriff. These players win when the Renegade and Outlaws are dead.

Outlaws: The Wolves. Exactly what it says on the tin. These players win when the Sheriff is dead.

Renegade: The Neutral. He wins when all the other power roles are dead. To be clear, you must kill the Outlaws before the Sheriff dies, or Outlaws win.

Villagers: Your normal sheep. They win when the Outlaws are dead, and either the Renegade or Sheriff is dead.

Also, if all the villagers die, everyone LOSES.

Powers:

All Powers are used during the Night Phase. All of these actions must be sent to the Narrator.

Night Kill: Outlaws only. You know the drill.

Scry: Renegade only. It's 100% accurate and reveals exact role.

Bane: Deputies only. This is a passive ability. So long as a deputy is alive, the Sheriff can not be night killed. Otherwise, they do not act as baners.

Duel: Any player except Sheriff. A player may challenge another player(including the Sheriff) to a duel for the next day; it must be accepted. If multiple duels are made, one is randomly selected. If two players challenge each other, these duels have priority.
The Renegade may ensure their duel has ultimate priority by announcing their role within the pm to the Narrator, which will be announced to all players.
When two players are in a duel, all votes must be to lynch either of the two duelists; any other vote will not count and may cause auto-lynching.

Throw in Jail: Sheriff only. This is like an omni-void ability. The target player can not vote the next day, and can not use any powers the next night. The player can not be killed nor targeted for any power until a day and night has passed.

I figure 1 Sheriff, 1 Renegade, 3 Outlaws, 3 Deputies, and 12 Villagers. I was also considering the following roles:

Town Drunk: This players votes count for -1 instead of 1.

Calamity Jane: A Deputy who thinks she is a Renegade. Has Scry(Scries renegade as Deputy/Outlaw, 50% chance either; otherwise 100% accurate), passive Bane of Sheriff, and may take priority of duel by declaring 'role', though if true renegade declares, that player gets it.WAIT! You forgot the Dynamite! It's not BANG! if you don't have the dynamite! (I have no idea how you would work this in) :smallcool:

RedScholarGypsy
2010-05-30, 11:03 PM
WAIT! You forgot the Dynamite! It's not BANG! if you don't have the dynamite! (I have no idea how you would work this in) :smallcool:

Oh man, the stories I've had with that dynamite. My poor friend Jonathan, he ALWAYS gets killed by the dynamite. He was Lucky Duke, and still died.

I was considering it as a one-time Beast Item that moved in a privately known sequential order from player to player.

As for Calamity Jane, I was also considering making the role (Deputy, Renegade, Villager, or Outlaw) CJ actually had a randomly determined secret, but felt that was no fun, as you couldn't actively pursue your goal. I think I will make it so that when the renegade dies it's only revealed as a villager, and scries as a Villager. That way CJ can stay in.

Uncle Festy
2010-05-31, 12:01 AM
I love the idea of a powerful role that doesn't know what team it is on though, especially if you left it ambiguous in the death narration of their counterpart. It would be great in another game. :smallsmile:

*takes notes for next UK* :smallbiggrin:
Also, rules for Ravnica II will probably be up tomorrow; I'm shooting for the game to start as soon as MTGWW ends.

Griever
2010-05-31, 12:30 AM

Better let some of the talented game breakers look over your rules too. It's so different that that they may find something.

There is actually a precedence for powerful roles not starting off knowing what side they are on. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82084) (Look at the "Scryers")

The Valiant Turtle
2010-05-31, 02:52 PM
I must say I greatly enjoyed my life in Pirates V, which is pretty awesome as it wasn't exactly my favorite game in the past. I really need to find the happy medium between no-role playing and total role-playing though. QUACK!

Uncle Festy
2010-05-31, 10:17 PM
Ravnica II: Wolfpact

Guilds and Roles
Feuding Guilds

Selesnya
Speaker of the Chorus – Knows Tolsmir; can redirect all other actions from a target to the user once per night (counts as a “protection” ability); starts with the Heart of the Chorus
Tolsmir Wolfblood – Knows the Speaker; can scry once per night

Izzet
Niv-Mizzet, The Firemind – Knows Tibor; can disguise a player once per night; starts with the ??? of the Firemind
Tibor, Master of Winds – Knows Niv-Mizzet; can scry once per night.

Golgari
Sisters of Stone Death – Knows Savra; can void a player once per night; starts with the Amulet of Stone Death
Savra, Queen of the Golgari – Knows the Sisters; can scry once per night.

Simic
Experiment Kraj – Knows Momir Vig; can disguise a player once per night; starts with the Experimental Cytoplast.
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary – Knows Kraj; can scry once per night.

Azorious
Grand Arbiter Augustin IV – Knows Isperia; can protect another player from lynching the next day once per night (counts as a “protection” ability); starts with the Arbiter’s Scepter.
Isperia the Inscrutiable – Knows Augustin; can scry once per night.

Killer Guilds

Dimir
Szadek, Lord of Secrets – Knows the Moroii Assassin; is one of Dimir’s killers (see below); starts with the Cloak of Secrets.
Moroii Assassin – Knows Szadek; is one of Dimir’s killers (see below).
Circu, Dimir Lobotomist – Can disguise a player once per night; starts alone.
Dimir Infiltrator – Can scry once per night; starts alone.

Rakdos
Rakdos the Defiler – Knows the Jagged Poppet; is one of Rakdos’ killers (see below); starts with the Defiler’s Horn.
Jagged Poppet – Knows Rakdos; is one of Rakdos’ killers (see below);
Lyzolda, the Blood Witch – Can void a player once per night; starts alone.
Rakdos Augermage – Can scry once per night; starts alone.

Gruul
Borborygmos – Knows the Skarrgan Skybreaker; is one of Gruul’s killers (see below); starts with the Titan’s Maul.
Skarrgan Skybreaker – Knows Borborygmos; is one of Gruul’s killers (see below)
Ulasht, the Hate Seed – Can bane a player once per night; starts alone.
Burning-Tree Shaman – Can scry once per night; starts alone.

Neutralish Guilds

Boros
Razia, Boros Archangel – Can void a player once per night; starts alone; starts with the Archangel’s Blade.
Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran – Can scry once per night; starts alone.
Sunhome Enforcer – Can bane a player once per night, killing anyone who tries to kill their target; starts alone.
Firemane Angel – Can bane a player once per night, killing anyone who tries to kill their target; starts alone.

Orzhov
Ghost Council of Orzhova – Always gets items from lynches he votes for; starts alone; starts with the Writ of the Council
Teysa, Orzhov Scion – Can scry for items and Orzhov once per night; starts alone.
Orzhov Pontiff – Always gets items from lynches he votes for; starts alone.
Agent of Masks – Always gets items from lynches he votes for; starts alone.

Items
Each item has two possible uses. If the holder has the base ability noted in the item’s entry, then they may upgrade that ability to the item’s ability for use once per night. Otherwise, they may use the ability once, after which the item will be randomly redistributed to another living player. Note that members of the Orzhov can “bind” to a single item at a time, allowing them to act as if they had the item’s base ability for purposes of using that item.
Items may be transferred from one player to another, but only at night, by sending a PM to both the narrators and the planned recipient. The narrators will confirm the transfer at the end of the night. Items may not be used during a night in which they are being transferred.
If a player holding an item is lynched, a random player who voted for them will receive the item. If any members of the Orzhov guild (other than Teysa) voted for that player, one of them chosen at random will receive it instead. If a player holding an item is night killed, the killer receives the item.

Heart of the Chorus: Upgrades a protection ability into a targetswap (all actions targeting the user’s target are redirected to the user, and visa versa).
??? of the Firemind: Upgrades a disguise into a TBD.
Experimental Cytoplast: Upgrades a disguise into a cytoplast disguise (if the disguised player targets another player the next night, the targeted player receives the cytoplast disguise. The disguise can be passed to three players, after which it disappears. It also disappears if the player with the disguise does not use a night action.
Amulet of Stone Death: Upgrades a void into a redirect (the target uses their action on the player of the item holder’s choice).
Arbiter’s Scepter: Upgrades a protection ability into a lynchshift (if the target would be lynched, a secondary target is lynched instead).
Cloak of Secrets: Upgrades a kill into an abduction (player is revealed dead two nights later).
Defiler’s Horn: Upgrades a kill into an explosion (kills target as well as all other players targeting the target with any actions).
Titan’s Maul: Upgrades a kill into an unstoppable kill (cannot be voided or baned).
Archangel’s Blade: Upgrades a void into a trap (kills target if they use an action, as well as negating that action).
Writ of the Council: Upgrades being a member of the Orzhov into being able to steal an item from the player of your choice.

Ending and Winning the Game
The game ends if three of the Gruul, Dimir, Rakdos, and Boros are eliminated, and (if the Boros is not the last of those guilds standing) the last remaining guild outnumbers all other players.
If all four of the aforementioned guilds are eliminated, any player may vote to end the game instead of voting for a lynch. If over 50% of the remaining players vote for that option, then the game immediately ends.
Finally, the game also immediately ends if everyone is dead or if everyone still alive has fulfilled their win conditions.
The Dimir, Gruul, and Rakdos win by eliminating the other two and the Boros and by outnumbering all other players.
The Boros win by eliminating the Dimir, Gruul, and Rakdos.
The Orzhov win by holding 7 out of the 10 items by the end of the game.
The Selesnya, Izzet, Golgari, Simic, and Azorious win by eliminating all members of the guilds not adjacent to them in that order (Selesnya wants the Golgari & Simic dead, ect) and by having at least one of their members survive.

Ok, if you guys could review this monstrosity for balance, that would be much appreciated, thanks.
Also still needed: the ability of Niv-Mizzet's item. Any suggestions would be also appreciated. :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2010-05-31, 10:33 PM
Not sure about fluff stuff, but the item obviously has the power to summon Niv-Mizzet's former player from his WW hiatus. Bwahahaha.

...watch me get killed off instantly...

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-01, 12:21 AM
I was considering it as a one-time Beast Item that moved in a privately known sequential order from player to player.I like this idea. :smallcool:

Shadowcaller
2010-06-01, 01:35 AM
Defiler’s Horn: Upgrades a kill into an explosion (kills target as well as all other players targeting the target with any actions).

This item seems a wee bit more powerful then the other items as there are quite a lot of night actions going around.

Oh, and Custom update should come later today as I'm finally done with my term.

Lady Tialait
2010-06-01, 02:43 PM
Well, Uncle Festy, THIS (http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/card/Details.aspx?name=Mizzium+Transreliquat)might help...somehow.

Uncle Festy
2010-06-01, 04:16 PM
@^: Well, it WOULD… except I need an ability that's an upgraded disguise, somehow.

@SC: Hm, you're probably right. Well, how about being able to kill everyone targeting a player, but not the player him-or-herself?

Wizibirb
2010-06-01, 07:27 PM
Abhorsens WW has ended with a victory for the wolves!

Helgraf
2010-06-02, 03:18 AM
Sooo ... as the last light of the setting sun slips away, I ponder a return to the classic atmosphere of Vampire.

Rules-wise I will be jettisoning some things and keeping others. A public ruleset will be posted - for all that that will help you. Muah ha ha ha ha.

Pardon my outburst.

More to come soon-ish.

banjo1985
2010-06-02, 03:25 AM
Now, that announcement makes me a very happy panda. :smallbiggrin:

Is that nasty bugbear of vampire recruitment resolved? Very much looking forward to this either way, I'll probably make it my second WW game of the year!

Lex-Kat
2010-06-02, 04:13 AM
Hi Banjo.

Anyway, I was wondering, could we maybe get at least 5 more players for Percy Jackson WW (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8548037)?

RedScholarGypsy
2010-06-02, 07:52 AM
So DS7 Just asked me to switch slots for games, and I accepted. Bounty Hunters 2: Trial by Gunfire will start June 14th, and begin recruiting as soon as I write up the recruiting post and Alarra approves it.

Wizibirb
2010-06-02, 10:11 AM
Thanks Rsg Death and I will be driving the 13-14 to get to washington.

Also this reminds me, if I am still alive in any game, I will be away with limited computer access from the 13-30 of June.

((I may still be able to get on, but no guarantees.))

Supagoof
2010-06-02, 11:10 AM
Llama Llama Duck 3 has ended. Ducks and Surviving Bunnies have won the game.

Deathslayer7
2010-06-02, 12:32 PM
Thufir if you could switch june 14 with june 28th we would appreciate it.

Lex-Kat
2010-06-02, 12:51 PM
Llama Llama Duck 3 has ended. Ducks and Surviving Bunnies have won the game.
Boooo. Down with the ducks. :smallfrown:

banjo1985
2010-06-03, 03:37 AM
Can I please take the August 30th slot for an as yet undecided game? It'll either be World of Darkness II - The Comeback Kid or Advent Children V - Centuries of Sin...I haven't decided yet. :smallredface:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-03, 10:01 AM
Or the next Baron Fatbelly. I just need to remember to harass Banjo about it.

Oh wait. Baanjo, go host another Fatbelly! PLeaaaase?

Thufir
2010-06-03, 10:41 AM
OK, since I finally managed to make a complete ruleset for a game for my slot next week, Mad Science! WW recruitment thread is now awaiting moderator approval.

Mordokai
2010-06-03, 12:22 PM
Abhorsens WW has ended with a victory for the wolves!

http://www.courtneyhoskins.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Wizibirb
2010-06-03, 12:38 PM
I approve of the above message. :smallbiggrin:

Uncle Festy
2010-06-03, 05:09 PM
Nonono, I believe the image you're looking for is:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/00650.gif

:smallbiggrin: This is such an epic webcomic, you all should read it

Also, could I get some more feedback on the rules for Ravnica II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8603226&postcount=764)? I'd like to make sure they're balanced before posting the recruitment thread. :smallsmile:

RedScholarGypsy
2010-06-03, 10:37 PM
Bounty Hunters II is now recruiting! This time with 50% less missed narrations!

Wizibirb
2010-06-06, 09:08 PM
Just a heads up, If Deathslayer7 is in any game please do not auto him, he currently does not have internet access. He will be back soon.

Wizibirb
2010-06-07, 11:49 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering. Of those of you who have played in Reverse WW,

A) who would be interested in the next one

and

B) Should it be a scheduled game?

Shoot me a pm with your thoughts (don't want to take up the central thread)

billtodamax
2010-06-08, 06:44 AM
I'd certainly be interested in playing another, but I'm not sure about balance issues with more people.

Deathslayer7
2010-06-09, 09:57 AM
Just a heads up, If Deathslayer7 is in any game please do not auto him, he currently does not have internet access. He will be back soon.

what he said. im only posting from work and should have internet back home by tonight but you never know. So spread the word.

RedScholarGypsy
2010-06-11, 10:11 AM
Bounty Hunters 2 is still recruiting. Please join up for epic narrations and plot! And to kill your friends for profit:smallamused:.

Murska
2010-06-11, 11:08 AM
I'll be leaving for a few days in less than an hour. Don't autolynch me, don't lynch me in Mad Science(though nightkilling me is fine) and, well, I guess you'll lynch me a few more times in Pirates anyway.

Lex-Kat
2010-06-12, 06:55 PM
Percy Jackson WW update:

I won't be able to run this game. sorry. if one of you would like to narrate it entirely, then you could still play.Awww. With only 13 players, I'll narrate this game, if we can get two more players. :smallsmile:
Can I get two one more player? First come, first serve.

I know nothing about Percy Jackson, so this should be interesting, if I can get the game going. :smallamused:

lostlittlebear
2010-06-13, 11:57 AM
Anyone wants to swap slots with Camelot WW 2? Just realized July 5th is right in the middle of my exams :smallfrown:

ThePhantom
2010-06-14, 09:54 AM
Requesting that The Gamers Werewolf, be scheduled at the soonest possible time, which is probably after Aug 30.

Murska
2010-06-14, 09:57 AM
I would request someone shortly after The City to switch slots with it if possible. I'll be in Oxford for most of July.

Trixie
2010-06-14, 02:45 PM
My access to net might be sporadic until Friday.

Uncle Festy
2010-06-14, 05:37 PM
Alright guys, sorry for the delays. Tomorrow is my final final (heh), so I should be back at full strength or better by Wednesday, and the ending for MTGWW and the opening of Ravnica II should be up by the end of the week.
Speaking of which… can I please get some more feedback on RavII's ruleset (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8603226&postcount=764)?

Supagoof
2010-06-16, 12:00 PM
I would request someone shortly after The City to switch slots with it if possible. I'll be in Oxford for most of July.I can switch if you need it to happen Murska. Titans 4 is ready to go anytime.

Murska
2010-06-17, 04:23 AM
Sounds good to me, Goof, thanks. I seem to have noticed a slight lack of activity from Bill aswell lately, so it's all good.

billtodamax
2010-06-17, 05:45 AM
School ate me, and I've been sick since Monday.

I've no idea when school restarts after the break in a couple of weeks or so, but it won't nearly be as engulfing as it is now.

Supagoof
2010-06-17, 11:00 AM
HEADLINES
*Old timey radio voice*

Added The Gamers Werewolf and swapped dates of The City/Titans 4 on the schedule. Bounty Hunters status changed to running. Updates in spoiler below.

Open swap requested by LostLittleBear for Camelot 2 - July 5th date. If anyone wants it, the offer is still assumed to be open.

Uncle Festy still looking for feedback on Ravinca II ruleset for balance. All input to be considered. The only wrong input is not submitting any.

Percy Jackson WW still recruiting after narrator switch from Bishfish to Lex-Kat. 2 more player recruitment threshold to enable swap was made. Applause was heard around the world as Lex stood up to not allow the enticing game to fail.

Recruitment for Mafia XI and Convoy II to begin as soon as someone finds Andre Fairchilde and gives Atreyu the Masked Llama/Lex-Kat a nudge to create the respective opening posts.

Billtodamax swallowed by man-eating school. Fortunately communications from the schools belly are able to be made. Unfortunately the digestive fluids in the school's stomach has caused him to feel nauseated. More on this breaking story as it develops.

UPDATED SCHEDULE

--The Schedule--

{table=head]Game|Narrator(s)|Status|Game_Start (week of)
Thursday Next I|The Bookworm|Running|Aug 17
Magic the Gathering|Uncle Festy|Running|Feb 22
Abhorsen's WW|Deathslayer7, sanity702|Finished|Mar 29
Llama Llama Duck 3|Supagoof, Happyturtle|Finished|Apr 5 1st!
**Custom WW I|Shadowcaller|Running|Apr 3
**Reverse WW 2|Sanity702|Finished|Apr 15
Monster Mash III|Andre Fairchilde|Finished|Apr 19 May 9
WW Classic XI|DungeonMaster77|Running|Apr 19
Pirates 5|Alarra, Atreyu, Indurain|Running|Apr 26
Cults|Random_person|Running|May 3
Camelot WW 1: The Sword in the Stone|lostlittlebear, Lex-kat|Running|May 10
Harry Potter: The Battle Against Voldemort|The Cyberwolf|Finished|May 17
**Nehh's Craziness WW|Nehh|Running|May 17
Ravnica II: Wolfpact (for reals this time!)|Uncle Festy|Coming|May 24 ????
Percy Jackson|BishFish, The Bookworm|Recruiting|May 31
Mafia XI|Andre Fairchilde|Coming|Soon?
Mad Science! WW|Thufir|Running|June 7
Bounty Hunters 2: Trial by Gunfire|RedScholarGypsy|Running|June 14
Convoy II: The Cola Wars|Lex-kat, Atreyu|Coming|June 21
Abhorsen II|Deathslayer7, Sanity702|Coming|June 28
Camelot WW 2|lostlittlebear|Coming|July 5
Mtg: The Battle for Alara|Sanity702, Uncle Festy|Coming|July 12
Titans 4 - Salvation|Supagoof, Shadow?|Coming|July 19
Rebellion V|Zeb the Troll|Coming|July 26
LotR 2|Dallas-Dakota|Coming|Aug 2
Ghosts WW|Random_person|Coming|Aug 9
The City|Billtodamax, Murska|Coming|Aug 16
IT|MOD|Coming|Aug 23
????|banjo1985|Coming|Aug 30
The Gamers WW|ThePhantom|Coming|Aug 30[/table]** Games of 20 players or less. These are put in the table for recordkeeping, but don't require scheduling a slot.

Completed games:
{table=head]Game|Narrator(s)|Status|Game_Start
**Ultimate Kaos IV|Uncle Festy, Happyturtle, Shadowcaller|Finished|Sept 3
Assassins III|Lex-Kat|Finished|Aug 31
Mafia X|Andre, Vibrant|Finished|Sept 7
Fears 3|Cristo|Finished|Sept 14
Harry Potter|MOD|Finished|Sept 21
MtG: Planeshock|Duos|Finished|Sept 28
**SEU V: A Mother's Arms|Happyturtle|Finished|Oct 1
**SEU VI: Twinkle Little Star|Shadowcaller|Finished|Oct 3
**Star Wars itP|Lex-kat, Happyturtle|Finished|Oct 11
Bounty Hunters|RSG|Finished|Oct 12
Simply Werewolf 3|Mordokai|Finished|Oct 13
Paranoia V|Kyouhen|Finished|Oct 26
Rome|Eldritch Knight, Cookiemonster|Dead|Sept 7
Smash 4|Phantom Fox, Supagoof|Finished|Nov 2
Arkham Asylum|Opeth Freak, Lex-kat|Finished|Nov 9
Ye Olde West IIII (A New Rope)|Supagoof|Finished|Nov 16
Warcraft|Shadowcaller|Finished|Nov 23
Discworld 2|Zar Peter, Andre Fairchilde|Finished|Nov 30
Witches & Warlocks III|deathslayer7|Finished|Dec 14
Fate III|Trixie|Finished|Dec 21
Hunting of the Snark|Thufir|Finished|Dec 28
Kingdom Hearts|Skippy & Supagoof|Finished|Jan 4
Convoy 4|Lex-Kat and Atreyu|Finished|Jan 10
Zombie|Fawkes|Finished|Jan 18
Vampire III: Sunnydale Nights|Helgraf, Shadow|Finished|Nov 1
SEU VII|Shadowcaller, Wolfbane|Finished|Feb 1
WW Classic X|Zar Peter, rakkoon, Mustiado|Finished|Feb 8
**The Thing|gardenphilosoph|Finished|Feb 12
Spytrap V|Mordokai|Finished|Feb 15
**Reverse WW|Sanity702|Finished|Feb 24
Camelot WW 0.5: Le Mort d'Arthur|lostlittlebear|Finished|Mar 1
**Hot Potatoes|Jontom Xire|Finished|Mar 24
Playground Squares: The WW edition!|Reinholdt, Atreyu, Lex-kat, Supagoof|Finished|Mar 22
**Hot Potato II|Jontom Xire, hap_hazard|Finished|Apr 6
**Blut und Boden|gardenphilosoph|Dead|Feb 28
Reboot|Hyozo|Dead|Mar 8[/table]

The Cyberwolf
2010-06-17, 11:07 AM
Harry Potter WW has ended with a win for Team Good. Just to let you know.

Supagoof
2010-06-17, 11:28 AM
Alright guys, sorry for the delays. Tomorrow is my final final (heh), so I should be back at full strength or better by Wednesday, and the ending for MTGWW and the opening of Ravnica II should be up by the end of the week.
Speaking of which… can I please get some more feedback on RavII's ruleset (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8603226&postcount=764)?Festy - OY! that is a monstrosity.

Could you simplify it's layout a bit - not the ruleset, but the actual wording.

For example

Sisters of Stone Death – Knows Savra; can void a player once per night; starts with the Amulet of Stone Death
Savra, Queen of the Golgari – Knows the Sisters; can scry once per night. would be simpler if is read as[
Sisters of Stone Death - Voider – Knows Savra; can void a player once per night; starts with the Amulet of Stone Death*
Savra, Queen of the Golgari - Seer – Knows the Sisters; can scry once per night.

*Amulet of Stone Death: Upgrades a void into a redirect

The items look great, and I like the concept. Though in the ruleset and since I didn't see how Ravinca 1 went, I'm curious to the ??? of the Firemind: Upgrades a disguise into a TBD. - Is this still in the TBD stage. If so, can I suggest calling it Fury of Firemind - Upgrades a disguise into unvoidable/un-redisguisable disguise?

And also on that note...
Scry Interference? - Are you using Helgraf's rule or can more then 1 person scry the same target at the same time?
Disguiser Interference? - Can two disguises be used on the same person at the same time - how would that work? Or, if they cancel each other out - then the Fury of Firemind suggestion about would allow the one diguise to over-ride the other.
Voider intereference - Are you using the daisy-chain effect like I use in Titans or will two voids on the same person can the void effect out?

Uncle Festy
2010-06-17, 09:21 PM
Festy - OY! that is a monstrosity.

Could you simplify it's layout a bit - not the ruleset, but the actual wording.

For example
would be simpler if is read as[

The items look great, and I like the concept. Though in the ruleset and since I didn't see how Ravinca 1 went, I'm curious to the ??? of the Firemind: Upgrades a disguise into a TBD. - Is this still in the TBD stage. If so, can I suggest calling it Fury of Firemind - Upgrades a disguise into unvoidable/un-redisguisable disguise?

And also on that note...
Scry Interference? - Are you using Helgraf's rule or can more then 1 person scry the same target at the same time?
Disguiser Interference? - Can two disguises be used on the same person at the same time - how would that work? Or, if they cancel each other out - then the Fury of Firemind suggestion about would allow the one diguise to over-ride the other.
Voider intereference - Are you using the daisy-chain effect like I use in Titans or will two voids on the same person can the void effect out?

Sure – I'll repost with role summary things in a bit.
Fury of the Firemind sounds good, though I'll probably rename it to "Helm of the Firemind" since that fits the pattern of the items being, you know, physical objects.
Scry interference –*yes; Disguise interference –*hadn't thought about it, but sure, to avoid shenanigans; Void interference –*probably not.
Thanks for the feedback! :smallsmile:

Wizibirb
2010-06-18, 01:58 AM
Just a heads up Reverse WW III The Unstoppable Villager, has been submitted for MOD approval. So sign up when it shows up!

billtodamax
2010-06-18, 06:30 AM
Oh, I had an idea for the firemind thing.

A disguise that muddles the seer that sees it, causing their next scry to be a fool's scry.

Lex-Kat
2010-06-18, 07:20 AM
Well, Percy Jackson WW has started (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8730183#post8730183). Now Narrated by Lex-kat. Place me as Co-narrator, please. Bishfish can take over, if he ever comes back.

Please come back. :smallfrown:

lostlittlebear
2010-06-18, 10:45 AM
I'll close the open swap on Camelot WW 2. If I run my schedule tightly I should be able to make on July 7.

Also, I'd like to reserve the earliest open slot for Camelot WW 3!

(Yes, I'm running a tight ship here :smalltongue:)

Uncle Festy
2010-06-18, 01:07 PM
MTG:WW Ultimate Kaos V has ended with a victory for Mustiado and Elder Tsofu!
Speaking of which, can I grab the next open slot for UKIV?

Wizibirb
2010-06-18, 04:42 PM
Reverse WW III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156674) is now open for recruiting! Please join.

Thufir
2010-06-19, 04:09 AM
MTG:WW Ultimate Kaos V has ended with a victory for Mustiado and Elder Tsofu!
Speaking of which, can I grab the next open slot for UKIV?

I assume you actually mean UKV, since you ran UKIV last september?

Murska
2010-06-19, 07:08 AM
I assume you actually mean UKV, since you ran UKIV last september?

I assume he means UKVI since he ran UKV just now disguised as MTG WW. :smalltongue:

The Cyberwolf
2010-06-19, 11:37 AM
I had an idea for an optional role:

The DEMON.

During the night phase, s/he may permanently cancel out a player's action - but it requires a gap of two night phases inbetween each use. Except for that, he's your normal wolf.

Castaras
2010-06-19, 11:43 AM
Waaaaaaaay OP. Would have to be a once only thing.

lostlittlebear
2010-06-19, 12:19 PM
Camelot WW ends with a win for the Arthurians (Wolves). Watch this space for the ruleset of the next installment in the saga! (Once I think of it)

Lex-Kat
2010-06-20, 05:51 AM
Irbis, you need to PM me. And clean out your inbox, please. :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2010-06-20, 05:01 PM
So if a narrator hadn't been online in months, hadn't run a particular game setting in even longer, and his/her PM box is full, what do you think the standards should be if someone else is interested in taking over said game series/setting?

happyturtle
2010-06-20, 05:14 PM
My opinion: If it's a homebrew setting or a significantly different ruleset than the normal werewolf, it belongs to the originator. If it's generic or based on a published setting, with fairly standard rules, then the narrator being unavailable makes it available for others.

*Opinion should be taken with food or drink. Be careful when operating heavy machinery or motor vehicles when under the influence of opinion. May contain nuts.

Murska
2010-06-20, 05:24 PM
I'd say feel free to run it and if the originator comes back then he can retake it if he wants. Or, run with same ruleset but different fluff setting.

Trixie
2010-06-20, 05:32 PM
Camelot WW ends with a win for the Arthurians (Wolves). Watch this space for the ruleset of the next installment in the saga! (Once I think of it)

As always, wolves win when the villagers lynch me :P

So if a narrator hadn't been online in months, hadn't run a particular game setting in even longer, and his/her PM box is full, what do you think the standards should be if someone else is interested in taking over said game series/setting?

What game we are talking about here?

Reinholdt
2010-06-20, 05:37 PM
What game we are talking about here?

Here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35046)

I'm still creating spreadsheets and going over the rules and looking at balance issues and making new characters, etc, etc, etc, so it's going to be a while.

Trixie
2010-06-20, 06:01 PM
...oh.

I hoped someone will run a certain other game :smallsigh:

Lex-Kat
2010-06-21, 12:52 AM
...oh.

I hoped someone will run a certain other game :smallsigh:
What game is that? :smallconfused:

Alarra
2010-06-21, 10:18 AM
Knowing silkenfist, he would likely be very happy that someone were going to run another iteration of showdown in his absence. I know a lot of other people that would be very happy also.

Castaras
2010-06-21, 10:37 AM
Knowing silkenfist, he would likely be very happy that someone were going to run another iteration of showdown in his absence. I know a lot of other people that would be very happy also.

His Ready Aim Fire game which I'm running at the moment has gone through various narrators also, with also a spin-off Team-RAF, and he was quite happy about that.

Mustiado
2010-06-21, 08:52 PM
I still have to take Banjo up on running Advent Children 3.5... *sigh*

Deathslayer7
2010-06-21, 11:25 PM
can someone check out the ruleset for Abhorsen WW 2. I believe it looks good but you never know.

Abhorsen's WW 2: Something Witty and Dramtic Will Replace This

Bell Mechanic’s

If a person is night killed and has a bell, it goes to team evil.
If a wolf is lynched it goes to team good.
If team good (villager or power role) is lynched and has a bell, it goes randomly to all remaining players still alive.
A person can have more than one bell.
A single bell can be passed during the night. If you pass a bell to someone, the passer remains anonymous. Any bells passed are considered hand-me downs and as such are subjected to the one night cooldown.
Any bells passed to another person have a one night cooldown, except below.
If a person who started with a bell passes it away but then receives it again, they can use it as they normally could without the one night cooldown.
Only one bell action can be used per night.
If a person uses a bell that has a one night cooldown, it affects all bells that the person may have. i.e. If Sabriel has Saraneth and recieved Dyrim and chooses to use Dyrim during the night; then both Dyrim and Saraneth have a one night cooldown on them.

The Seven Bells

Ranna, the Sleeper: takes all those who hear it into slumber. Given to Touchstone at the beginning of the game. Once per night it the ringer can use it to void a person’s point for the next day. Night Action.

Mosrael, the Waker: throws the ringer further into death but the listener into life. Given to a Chlorr of the Mask at the beginning of the game who is put into contact with Uncle Festy and Hedge. Once per night he can choose to void someone’s night action for the night, if they have one. Is not told whether it succeeded or not. Cannot be used on the same person consecutively.

Kibeth, the Walker: gives the dead freedom of movement or forces them to walk at the ringers will. Given to the Disreputable Dog at the beginning of the game. Once per night, the ringer can use it to redirect a person’s action at another person. This bell can only redirect the action, not change it. Cannot be used on the same person consecutively. Night Action. Cannot redirect to self.

Dyrim, the Speaker7: grants speech to dumb, tongueless dead, or gives forgotten words their meaning. Given to Sanar and Ryelle at the beginning of the game. Once per night, they can choose to scry a person for their role OR see if they are holding a bell. If they have both Dyrim and Mosrael, then they can scry for both a role and bell. Night Action.

Belgaer, the Thinker: restores independent thought and memory to those who hear it. Given to Hedge at the beginning of the game. Once per night, he can choose to scry a person for their role OR see if they are holding a bell. If he has both Dyrim and Mosrael, then he can scry for both a role and bell. Night Action.

Saraneth, the Binder: shackles the dead to the ringer's will. Given the Sabriel at the beginning of the game. Once per night she can choose to bane someone and protect them from night kills. Night action.
If this bell gets into the hands of the wolves, then it becomes a day baner. If a day bane is successful, there is a two night cooldown. Night action.

Astarael, the Sorrowful: casts all those who hear it (including the ringer) into deep death. Given to Uncle Festy at the beginning of the game. Once per night he can choose someone whom he wishes to night kill. Night Action. Always stays with team evil.

The Roles

Sabriel the Abhorsen – Taking up in her father’s footsteps, she now commands the bandolier he wore as well as his sword. Now married to Touchstone, they have two children who are going to follow in their footsteps. Starts off with the bell Saraneth.

Prince Sameth – Child of both Sabriel and Touchstone, he is the next Abhorsen-in-Waiting. But he is deathly afraid of becoming The Abhorsen. As such Prince Sameth is told he is The Abhorsen, but in actually he is just Prince Sameth. He will be told he has the bell Saraneth and can use a night action, but such a night action will never go through. If Sabriel banes Prince Sameth, he is told he is Prince Sameth.

King Touchstone – After surviving for over two hundred years as a statue, he now knows why. He carries the Royal Blood in him and is the last remaining survivor to continue the line. Starts with Ranna.

Sanar and Ryelle – They have the power To See, but only when together. They are twins and they are the some of the strongest women The Clayr have To See the future. While this role has two people in it, it will only be given to one person. Starts off with the bell Dyrim.

Lirael – A daughter of The Clayr, she’s been working there for years now and still doesn’t have The Sight. She was also the one who found The Disreputable Dog who is her best friend. Thinks she is Sanar and Ryelle and has the bell Dyrim. If scried by the real Sanar and Ryelle, Lirael is told her real role. May send in a fake scry which will give a predetermined random result which may or may not be correct.

The Disreputable Dog – You don’t argue with this dog. Period. She can dispute anyone and anything. She is friends with Lirael. Starts off with the bell Kibeth.

Mogget – The cat is back again, and this time accompanying Sabriel’s children. But watch out, this little sucker is tricky. It seems he didn’t die as expected. Neutral. Goal condition to be decided. Suggestions welcome.

Uncle Festy (Alpha) – Managed to send both Sabriel and The Abhorsen to Death where they are currently trapped. As such, he has been favored high among his own kind of Necromancers and has part of an evil power imbued within him. No bells work on him. Scries as Villager. Starts off with the bell Astarael.

Hedge (Devil) – Works as a servant for Uncle Festy and makes sure all goes according to plan. He is a Necromancer himself who plans to do very evil things. Starts off with the bell Belgaer.

Chlorr of the Mask (Beast) – A Greater Undead like Kerrigor, but works for Hedge and Uncle Festy. No one knows why.

Necromancers – Normal wolves who wish to follow Uncle Festy in his footsteps for power and glory and honor.

Charter Mages – Normal Villagers caught in the crossfire.

Other Important Things to Note

Only the wolves who start off with a bell know each other from the beginning.
If Team Good gets Mosrael and voids the wolf who has Astarael, the kill will still go through, but a one night cooldown is added to the bell. Does not affect Uncle Festy.
If "Nothing Happened during the Night" this means one of few things:
a) the wolves did not send in a night kill
b) the wolves targetted another wolf and were put into contact
c) someone was baned.
If Uncle Festy is killed, Astarael will stay with team evil who then can use the night kill with a one night cooldown.
No roleclaiming please. It ruins the fun.

about to go back to the first one and re-read the suggestions. If someone sees a loophole i missed with the bells, let me know. :smallsmile:

Critiques and comments welcome.

rakkoon
2010-06-22, 03:22 AM
...If Uncle Festy is killed...
What?

...no roleclaiming, it ruins the fun...
WHAT? That was the most fun game ever precisely because of the role-claiming.
In my extremely humble opinion of course.

Lex-Kat
2010-06-22, 03:30 AM
@^ If you say so.

Anyway, I will be posting the recruitment for Convoy II tomorrow, maybe.

In all my excitement to take over Percy Jackson, I forgot about it. :smalleek:

Mustiado
2010-06-22, 07:12 AM
Oh hey! I was thinking about this last night.

Someone should probably archive the song and dance contest that was run over in... uh.... Pirates/LLD. It was one of those.

lostlittlebear
2010-06-22, 08:01 AM
But they're going to archive the game anyway already right?

Trixie
2010-06-22, 09:56 AM
What game is that? :smallconfused:

You have one guess.

But they're going to archive the game anyway already right?

No.

Supagoof
2010-06-22, 10:01 AM

Someone should probably archive the song and dance contest that was run over in... uh.... Pirates/LLD. It was one of those.I don't think the song contest in pirates ever ended. I mean a winner was declared, but new songs are popping up in that game everyday. :smallbiggrin:

You have one guess.Spytrap? :smallconfused:

Deathslayer7
2010-06-22, 10:47 AM
What?

WHAT? That was the most fun game ever precisely because of the role-claiming.
In my extremely humble opinion of course.

"Uncle Festy" is a role for this game. :smalltongue:

Second if people start outing themselves in the thread, a few scries and you have a network formed and team evil loses. So this is more for team evil. Plus I find it annoying. Never should have let it happen the first time. :smallsigh:

Murska
2010-06-22, 11:23 AM
Personal preference is okay, but roleclaiming has been allowed by default in dozens and dozens of games so far and it's been never proven to generally be very detrimental to team evil. It has, however, changed the way the game is played somewhat.

It seems to me, however, that games without roleclaiming, though not to the extent of games without roles at all, tend to favour the wolf team. This might be because they still have roughly the same amount of power they used to, with which they countered the villager advantage of being more protected from lynch. This hasn't been researched, so it's just a gut feeling.

And on my own personal preference, games with roleclaiming usually are the most fun, since that's basically the only type of scheme that means there'll actually be gaming in the thread instead of behind the scenes among the few chosen players in contact.

Uncle Festy
2010-06-22, 11:55 AM
I'm still uncomfortable with the kill cooldown, but it's your call.
And speaking of which, sorry for just totally dissapearing from the forums for the last couple of days. I, uh, kinda forgot about them. :smallredface:
I will be starting up Ravnica shortly.

Reinholdt
2010-06-22, 12:08 PM
You have one guess.
I don't think the song contest in pirates ever ended. I mean a winner was declared, but new songs are popping up in that game everyday. :smallbiggrin:

Spytrap? :smallconfused:
Fate?
Ultimate Greed?
Universal Smash Bros?

Supagoof
2010-06-22, 12:14 PM
Personal preference is okay, but roleclaiming has been allowed by default in dozens and dozens of games so far and it's been never proven to generally be very detrimental to team evil. It has, however, changed the way the game is played somewhat.

It seems to me, however, that games without roleclaiming, though not to the extent of games without roles at all, tend to favour the wolf team. This might be because they still have roughly the same amount of power they used to, with which they countered the villager advantage of being more protected from lynch. This hasn't been researched, so it's just a gut feeling.

And on my own personal preference, games with roleclaiming usually are the most fun, since that's basically the only type of scheme that means there'll actually be gaming in the thread instead of behind the scenes among the few chosen players in contact.I'm a fan of roleclaiming. More people need to do it more often. Even more so - they need to do it for roles that are not their own. :smallamused:

If your not telling lies in a WW game then your not playing it right.

Deathslayer7
2010-06-22, 02:34 PM

And on my own personal preference, games with roleclaiming usually are the most fun, since that's basically the only type of scheme that means there'll actually be gaming in the thread instead of behind the scenes among the few chosen players in contact.

well to me it seems that team good always has a seer and always has a baner, if not every other night. with that, I think it shouldn't come down to "i'm the Baner! or I'm the Seer!" Cause at that point in time there's only a limited amount of wolves. And bells tend to favor going toward team good.

as for the kill cooldown, "Uncle Festy" the role scries as a villager and has no bells affect him. That's powerful in itself.

Castaras
2010-06-22, 03:00 PM
I'm a fan of roleclaiming. More people need to do it more often. Even more so - they need to do it for roles that are not their own. :smallamused:

Bingo bango bongo.

Murska v Me in pirates was lots of fun, mostly because I couldn't think of anything to say. :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2010-06-22, 03:30 PM
No Role-claiming, please. It ruins the fun.

I think you meant to say "No Role-Claiming ruins the fun." Or else "No Role-Claiming? Please! It ruins the fun!" :smallwink:

Anyway, can I have the next slot in the schedule? I think that would be..... September 20?

I might be completely crazy (actually, I'm sure I am), but........ I wanna run that game!

Lex-Kat
2010-06-23, 02:34 AM
Just to add my opinion, I think it should be up to the Narrator. I'm pretty lenient with my No Role-Claiming Rule. I don't enforce it, if the Role-Claimer is on the verge of being lynched. Which is really the only time most do so anyway.

But with Abhorsen, I can see where it's a little more dangerous to role-claim. Especiallly with the results of the last game.

If the Baner or Seer die, they lose their Bell, and possibly to the bad guys. Which makes them more powerful.

Trixie
2010-06-23, 05:45 PM
Spytrap? :smallconfused:

No other contestants? :smallconfused:

happyturtle
2010-06-23, 06:07 PM
Oooh, oooh, can I guess too? Um... Memesville?

(*has no idea what we're trying to guess at*)

Lex-Kat
2010-06-23, 07:38 PM
No other contestants? :smallconfused:
Assassins?

Reinholdt
2010-06-23, 08:05 PM
All that disguise work just to be ignored. :smallmad:

Mustiado
2010-06-23, 09:37 PM
Rebellion!

Lex-Kat
2010-06-23, 09:38 PM
I thought they were great disguises. I didn't even realize they were you, until you said something. :smalleek:

Wizibirb
2010-06-23, 10:18 PM
begs for two more people to join Reverse so I can get started

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-23, 11:23 PM
Rebellion!

*note to self: remember that this is coming in late July*

rakkoon
2010-06-24, 02:57 AM

I reallly want to sig this but am afraid this will be an automatic death sentence in most WW games. Still an awesome utterance

Lex-Kat
2010-06-24, 03:33 AM
All this time, and I've been wasting it on honesty. :smallfrown: Now I have to learn to lie. Oh will the world ever stop spinning. :smallsigh:

Murska
2010-06-24, 07:55 AM
Well, I'm far enough to be able to speak the truth simply because everyone will automatically assume it's a lie.

Deathslayer7
2010-06-24, 11:31 AM
and i just speak the truth yet everyone assumes it's a lie. So i dont know what to do anymore.

Murska
2010-06-24, 11:57 AM
You need to lie, obviously.

Shadow
2010-06-24, 04:53 PM
I'm a fan of roleclaiming. More people need to do it more often. Even more so - they need to do it for roles that are not their own. :smallamused:

I agree with this in a general sense, but there are times when the rules make it a bad idea.
And now, the way that the games have gone for a while, is to wait for a Seer/Proxy to come forward and simply play "whittle down the options until none are left" which is the exact opposite of how the game should be played.
So while Role-claiming makes for a much more interesting game, it also ruins it in the long term.

I simply don't have any fun in the "follow the Seer" mentality that has plagued the games here for so long, which is why I hardly ever play anymore.

Murska
2010-06-24, 04:57 PM
However, in a very, very high percentage of the games the seer dies before the end. Even if we factor in that they might've gotten a network big enough to end the game by then, it's not like there's a huge amount of villager wins over wolf wins.

So I don't believe it's the rules, with the 'follow the seer' thing. Seer is a powerful weapon which usually won't last long, is not used to proper effect or is neutralized before it sees the light. It's more that there is less analysis and logic from the players themselves.

happyturtle
2010-06-24, 05:16 PM
Players do plenty of logic and analysis. Sometimes the logic is sound but just happens to net a villager. Sometimes it's wolfy logic intended to deceive. Sometimes it's good logic that fails to win the mob. I haven't had the impression that either wolves or villagers are winning disproportionately.

I've been saying this for well over a year now: Nerf the seer and baner. Roleclaims only break the game if the seer and baner are infallible. If they aren't, then roleclaim away.

Murska
2010-06-24, 05:54 PM
I don't know. I tend to see actually good, sound analysis mostly on the late days of larger games, maybe two, three times a game. Of course, every day in every game save, usually, day one, should result in a lynch based on at least some kind of logic. First day is prime llama logic time.

Mustiado
2010-06-24, 10:48 PM
So maybe this isn't the correct place to put this post, but I had a question.

I was reading over Wizard of the Coast's new initiative to bring interest to the D&D 4th edition rules, namely the encounter system. Rather than running an entire campaign, people get together for battles and puzzle sessions, shorter bite sized bits that seem to be more tailor made for our lack of attention span.

Would anyone be interested in a SMBG style iteration of this? Does this exist somewhere on the forum already?

Griever
2010-06-25, 12:42 AM
I've been saying this for well over a year now: Nerf the seer and baner. Roleclaims only break the game if the seer and baner are infallible. If they aren't, then roleclaim away.

That are a lot of options out there that nerf the seer.

The Fool.
Scry Interference.
Disguisers.
ALPHAS!
Things that rhyme with "ketchup".
The Spanish Inquisition.
Unblockable Night Kills.
Other things that nerf seers.

happyturtle
2010-06-25, 12:56 AM
The fool doesn't nerf the seer much on its own, but with the other nerfs, the 'am I the seer or fool'? question actually won't get answered early.

The seer as presented in Classic is always right. No scry interference. No voider. The only way to silence him is a nightkill, and he's protected by the baner as long as the baner can hide.

Maybe Classic needs a no roleclaim rule, but i don't know what no roleclaim + no PM would do to a game. It would either be boring as all hell or totally awesome.

I want more variations. More experiments. More small games (because too many players = games that last months and lose interest midway through). More different way to play games, either attempting to fully emulate live ww (no PMs, can say anything in thread, can't read earlier thread pages (honor system) or fully translate it into a forum game with no pretence that we do live.

And Musty's non-ww structured games sound good too.

Lex-Kat
2010-06-25, 01:55 AM
Convoy II: Cola Wars recruitment thread has been submitted.

Please joins, and point out any flaws you notice. :smallsmile:

banjo1985
2010-06-25, 03:37 AM
Yay Convoy! :smallbiggrin:

As for the seer-sheep-lynch pattern, maybe someone could experiment with making the seer unbaneable? (Is that even a word :smallconfused:)

The seer could still network and make contacts, but they'd have to be bloody careful doing it without any protection. Might work, might not, just throwing the idea out there.

Shadow
2010-06-25, 04:43 AM
No Seer.
No Devil.
Baner can only protect him/herself a total of 5 times throughout the game.
Basic Classic rules beyond that.

That's a game I would play.

Shadow
2010-06-25, 04:46 AM
Players do plenty of logic and analysis. Sometimes the logic is sound but just happens to net a villager. Sometimes it's wolfy logic intended to deceive. Sometimes it's good logic that fails to win the mob. I haven't had the impression that either wolves or villagers are winning disproportionately.

The problem with the Seer's Sheeple isn't that it breaks the game, it's that it makes it boring.
How many times have you seen games where the Seer outs him/herself, or finds a proxy, and then NOTHING happens for the first 24 hours of a day phase because everyone is waiting to hear the results from the previous night? It happens far too often. And it ruins the game. It doesn't break it in most cases, but it certainly ruins it.

happyturtle
2010-06-25, 06:32 AM
I'd call a boring game a broken one. :smalltongue:

Games are meant to be fun!

RedScholarGypsy
2010-06-25, 07:03 AM
The strength of this forum is its variety of games that appeal to any type of player, so everyone can have fun. However, some people are not having fun due to X. Therefore, let us make games that deal with/get rid of X!

If we want it, let's make it. Test variants with 20-player games, see what works, then run with it. Whose game?

Murska
2010-06-25, 08:04 AM
I'll be off on one of those lousy trips with next to no internet access for 1,5 weeks and then I'll be going to Oxford where I'm not sure how much time I'll have to check the forums.

So yeah. Don't autolynch me right away, but if I don't post after that 1,5 weeks is over, feel free.

Uncle Festy
2010-06-25, 12:11 PM
Hm, I wonder…
How about a baner that can't use his bane again for one night if he successfully prevents a kill? Then he can't just infinitely protect one person, since if he does block a kill against them, then they just die the next night. His best shot is to try and use well-placed banes to try and slow down the wolves.

Mustiado
2010-06-25, 03:08 PM
Hm, I wonder…
How about a baner that can't use his bane again for one night if he successfully prevents a kill? Then he can't just infinitely protect one person, since if he does block a kill against them, then they just die the next night. His best shot is to try and use well-placed banes to try and slow down the wolves.

An interesting idea, but in the situation where the wolves do find a high value target...

I've always enjoyed a game of hunt the baner. Limiting an option that he previously had available to himself, so now he's forced to hide the seer, ya know?

If you want to break a bane cycle, work it so that the baner has a 50% chance to reveal himself after successfully protecting someone. That way, if they do bane the same target, eventually the wolves find out who's doing the protecting and it becomes a massive shell game. If that's not interesting and agonizing to play against, I dont know what is.

Elder Tsofu
2010-06-25, 03:27 PM
That would be interesting, and make it so the wolfs are the only ones knowing that the baner have been revealed. :smallsmile:

The Cyberwolf
2010-06-27, 09:20 AM
Thufir - I'd like to run a WW game. It's called Incarcerated, limited to 20 players, and I'd like to start it on July 10th.

Thufir
2010-06-27, 05:22 PM

Someone should probably archive the song and dance contest that was run over in... uh.... Pirates/LLD. It was one of those.

Oh yeah, I was thinking about this the other day.
Do people think the 'For Teh Lulz' OP should contain all such songs/poems, or just ones we particularly like?
Or maybe links to all, but only have them copied out in the post if we particularly like them?

Deathslayer7
2010-06-27, 08:30 PM
ummm? expect Abhorsen II to be up? :smallconfused:

Idk why it isn't. I put it up a week ago and convoy is up, so that makes me a bit sad. :smallfrown:

happyturtle
2010-06-27, 09:24 PM
Abhorrsen II is now up.

Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157181)

Deathslayer7
2010-06-27, 09:27 PM
thank ye happy! :smallbiggrin:

didnt see it down there

Uncle Festy
2010-06-28, 03:59 PM
Ravnica II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157710) is now recruiting again for real! :smallsmile:

Mustiado
2010-06-28, 09:14 PM
I'm gonna leave this here, even though I know not everyone checks consistently.

I mentioned earlier that I was interested in running an Encounters style D&D campaign, in other words, D&D for an ADD generation.

What I'd like to have before I start, however, is a cohesive team. Three to six players (I'll adjust the encounter to fit the team) would be ideal, and I was hoping for a group of players who are willing to work together before I opened it to general public so that people can see what's expected for the game. It's the sort of thing where an auto-lynch not only eliminates the player, but probably the team. Since the characters will be made to start the encounter (there's a free app from Wizards of the Coast I'll recommend) I'd rather not have someone take over the character, and the games should be short enough that people aren't going to lose interest.

So, that being said.... anyone want to put together a group? I feel like I can DM an interesting experience for you. :smallsmile:

RedScholarGypsy
2010-06-28, 09:44 PM
Well, since killing your npc's will kinda be like killing you over and over, count me in. :smallbiggrin:

Seriously though, sounds like a blast, but I'm curious as to the time req for however long it lasts.

Reinholdt
2010-06-28, 09:47 PM
I'd be willing to join a group that's recruiting, though I don't think I could form one.

Lex-Kat
2010-06-28, 09:55 PM
I'm willing to join, if you need a sixth person. If you get seven volunteers, the seventh can take my place. :smallsmile:

Mustiado
2010-06-28, 09:56 PM
Not to give too much away, but I'm thinking for the first encounter that it'll be a series of five rooms, or encounters. I'll try to make each round equate to a day, or sooner if everyone gets actions in. Not everything will be combat either. I plan on making damage dealing highly informal.

It'll be less traditional D&D, with the placement of tiles and units, rolling of dice, and more like the game EdwardNigma ran for a bit, where the effectiveness of your tactics will determine your survivability. If I get a rousing call for it, I'll go to dice for damage and more formal units, but we probably won't do placements. We'll do distances in terms of far, medium and up close.

RSG, if you want to lead one group, it sounds like Reinholdt would be a second.

Mustiado
2010-06-28, 09:57 PM
I'm willing to join, if you need a sixth person. If you get seven volunteers, the seventh can take my place. :smallsmile:

Thanks Lex. ?:) Right now you, Reinholdt and RSG make three, if RSG is willing to lead this fiasco. I'll probably leave it open for three or four days, just to see if anyone else is interested, and if not, we'll start a smaller game to demonstrate it to folks.

Also, sorry for the double post.

RedScholarGypsy
2010-06-28, 10:00 PM
Sounds fine by me. The core character classes I assume? If we're using 3.5 we can also use d20srd.org for source info.

Mustiado
2010-06-28, 10:19 PM
I was actually going to use the 4th edition rules, due to simplified combat and the character generator I found. Lemme link it so you guys can look at it and decide if you want 4th or 3.5. The extra mathematicalness of 3.5 may be harder to run Play by Post.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/tools.aspx There ya go. The demo lets you create up to third level characters, but since we're starting the basics, we'll probably stick with first level. Eventually, if there's enough demand for it, I'll make a mid level and high level encounter game as well. Call it up to level 10 for right now.

RedScholarGypsy
2010-06-28, 10:20 PM
Fine by me, just not as familiar with those rules.

Mustiado
2010-06-28, 10:22 PM
Fine by me, just not as familiar with those rules.

If you can play 3.5, you can play 4th. Skill checks got dumbed down, so did stat bonuses. The generator will give you the basic info you need.

Helgraf
2010-06-28, 10:28 PM
I'm game with this idea.

RedScholarGypsy
2010-06-29, 10:36 AM
Also, are we making our own characters?

Deathslayer7
2010-06-29, 01:55 PM
come on people. i need more people for abhorsen. pretty pleeeasse. :smallsmile:

Mustiado
2010-06-29, 02:52 PM
Also, are we making our own characters?

Definitely making your own characters, which is I why I wanted to make sure you guys were going to work as a team ahead of time. That way you can coordinate who is going to play what, and what skills can be covered by whom. ?:)

Helgraf
2010-06-30, 12:30 AM
Definitely making your own characters, which is I why I wanted to make sure you guys were going to work as a team ahead of time. That way you can coordinate who is going to play what, and what skills can be covered by whom. ?:)

Start at level 1, I presume?

Mustiado
2010-06-30, 12:52 AM
Start at level 1, I presume?

Yessir. Especially since that part of the character generator is free. If this gets popular enough I'll lay in for the program itself, but lets run a few with low level toons and see if people like it first.

I'll submit a thread tomorrow to get characters posted for the game, and to outline basic rules. If I can remember how... I haven't submitted a thread since the ill-fated choose your own adventure debacle...

Lex-Kat
2010-06-30, 02:30 AM
"the ill-fated choose your own adventure debacle..."Explain? :smallconfused:

Murska
2010-06-30, 05:03 AM
A few more players for X-Com would also be neat. Especially considering I know many of you play it.

Reinholdt
2010-06-30, 01:35 PM
Yessir. Especially since that part of the character generator is free. If this gets popular enough I'll lay in for the program itself, but lets run a few with low level toons and see if people like it first.

I'll submit a thread tomorrow to get characters posted for the game, and to outline basic rules. If I can remember how... I haven't submitted a thread since the ill-fated choose your own adventure debacle...

Oh Tara Headoff, you and your purple pantaloons and your pies shall be missed. :smallfrown:

Mustiado
2010-06-30, 02:41 PM
Some day, I'll go back and finish that mess... I think I should have started with it being a wide open suggestion list, and just goign with that instead of making it too structured. It was a lot of work!

Alright RSG, from what I can see, you have yourself, Lex, Helgraf, Reinholdt, and I convinced YimmytheSneak to be your fifth. If you guys want to get together and start PMing about group composition and whatnot, cool. I'll submit a thread with rules and so you guys can post the characters you've created tonight.

Trixie
2010-06-30, 05:35 PM
You said something about 6 players? :smallwink:

Mustiado
2010-06-30, 08:34 PM
You said something about 6 players? :smallwink:

Get with RSG. It's up to them at this point, but if they say you're good to join the group you're in.

RedScholarGypsy
2010-06-30, 08:35 PM
Alright, Trixie is 6th, recruitment for my group is closed. Please start the thread as it'll be easier than PMing.

Mustiado
2010-06-30, 10:29 PM
The thread for Encounters: a D&D adventure has been submitted, and is awaiting mod approval.

May God have mercy on our souls.

DarkLightDragon
2010-07-01, 08:24 AM
Some of you may remember me coming up with a Kingdom Hearts WW many months ago. Well, I dug up my old file that has notes on roles and cleaned up a bit. Some of them have undergone major tweaks, some got minor tweaks, and I gave abilities to charcaters who still needed them. Anyway, this is what I have at the moment:

Organisation XIII (bad guys):
---ORG XIII---

XEMNAS-THE SUPERIOR (ALPHA/DEVIL)
*Gets a scry (Devil)
-Always in game
-Scries at night
-Scries as Good Guy

XIGBAR-SNIPER
*10% chance of killing target
*Can focus on target, increasing kill chance by 10% per night
-Focus lost (kill chance resets to 10%) if Xigbar changes target
-Kill chance resets to 10% after a kill attempt (regardless of outcome)
-Cannot be used for one night after a successful kill
-Night ability
-Ability does NOT trigger Saix's and Cloud's abilities
-Scries as Xigbar

XALDIN-LANCER
*1 charge to negate a point
*1 charge to makw an additional point
*2 charge to negate an ability
*2 charges to redirect a point
*3 charges to negate a kill attempt (day/night)
*3 charges to redirect an ability
*6 charges to kill a chosen target (useable once per game)
-Starts with 6 charges (lances)
-Multiple abilities can be used at once if Xaldin has enough charges
-Can spend one night to gain one charge
-Kill ability triggers Saix's and Cloud's abilities
-Scries as Xaldin

VEXEN-REPLICATOR
*Can copy and use abilities of identified enemies (Scried by Xemnas or Axel)
-Can only use abilities of one character at a time
-Takes one night phase to copy abilities of a character
-Must wait one night phase to change set of abilities
-Cannot copy passive abilities
-Other normal rules for copied abilities followed
-Scries as Vexen (even if an ability is being copied)

LEXAEUS-STRENGTH
*Point is worth 2 (passive)
*Total Point Count against self reduced by 2 (passive)
*Can redirect one target's point to another target
-Day ability
-Scries as Lexaeus

ZEXION-ILLUSIONIST
*Causes target to appear as another role
-Night ability
-Scries as Zexion

SAIX-BERSERKER (BEAST)
*Randomly kills one non-Org member upon death (passive, specific target if result of ability)
-Ability can be triggered by Xaldin's and Axel's abilities
-Ability cannot be negated
-Ability does not trigger if killed by Cloud's ability
-Scries as Saix

AXEL-UNPREDICTABLE (RANDOM EFFECT)
*Kill target (5% chance)
*Kill both (5% chance)
*Protect target from kills (during that night and next day), 18% chance)
*Scry target (Devil, susceptible to Illusions, 18% chance)
*Hostage on target (points/abilities negated that night and next day, 18% chance)
*Illusion on target (will scry as Axel, 18% chance)
*Redirect on target (next day's point will match Axel's, 18% chance)
-Can't be used on self
-Night ability
-Kill effects trigger Saix's and Cloud's abilities
-Scries as Axel

DEMYX-EVADER
*Starts with a water clone (passive)
*Can use clone to escape own death once (passive)
*If still alive after next Day Phase, another clone is summoned (passive)
-Scries as Demyx

LUXORD-TIME MASTER (VOIDER VARIANT)
*Negate abilities of target (night ability)
*Negate points of target (day ability)
-Scries as Luxord

MARLUXIA-BLACKMAILER (LOVER VARIANT?)
*Can select a target
*If one dies, so does the other
-Once chosen, target cannot be changed
-Day/Night ability
-Scries as Marluxia

LARXENE-CHARM (MIND CONTROLLER VARIANT)
*Can redirect a point during the day
*Can redirect an ability at night
-Scries as Larxene

ROXAS-INQUISITIVE
*Can tell when an Org member is targeted by a certain ability (but not who used it) (passive)
-Always in game
-Keyblade Wielder
-Scries as Sora/Roxas

Good Guys:
SORA-KEYBEARER (MASON/DAY BANER)
*can protect target from lynching the next day
-Night ability
-Keyblade Wielder
-Scries as Sora/Roxas

DONALD-WIZARD (MASON/WIZARD)
*Blizzaga-Negate target's point the next day
*Thundaga-Negate target's ability
*Firaga-Increase Donald's point by 1 the next day
-Night Ability
-Pick one per Night Phase
-Scries as Donald

GOOFY-KNIGHT (MASON/ABILITY BANER?)
*Can shield target from redirects during the day
*Can shield target from abilities during the night
-Scries as Goofy

RIKU-PROTECTOR (NIGHT BANER)
*Can protect target from Night Kills
-Night ability
-Keyblade Wielder
-Scries as Riku

KAIRI-SEER
*Scry (Seer)
-Night ability
-Scries as Kairi/Namine

NAMINE-FOOL
*Scry (Fool-50% accuracy, otherwise random result)
-Night ability
-Told they are Kairi
-Scries as Kairi/Namine

DiZ-ILLUSIONIST
*Causes target to appear as another role
-Scries as DiZ

CLOUD-BEAST
*Randomly kills Org member upon death (specific target if result of ability)
-Ability cannot be negated
-Ability does not trigger if killed by Saix's ability
-Scries as Cloud

Remember, these are just notes so I know who does what. They'll be better worded if a game ever ends up being run.

I'm aware that there almost certainly wouldn't be enough players to use the entire Organisation in a single game. Let's say there were three players on the evil team part from Xemnas and Roxas. I'd choose three other Org members at random from the list, and they would be the roles given to those three evil players. Also, depending on the amount of players, Donald, Goofy, Cloud and DiZ might not be used in each game.

These roles are experimental, and I made Cloud the Good Guy beast since I'm unable to think of a more appropriate character. I'm not even sure if I should have that role on the list.

Comments and advice on these abilities is much appreciated. Also, if anyone has ideas for better or more appropriate abilities for Larxene and Roxas, I'd love to hear them. I ran out of ideas when I got to those two and borrowed from other WW games.

Mustiado
2010-07-01, 11:13 AM
In case anyone didn't see it, Encounters has been moved to the In Character Ongoing games forum. There's a move-y link thingie here in SMBG still, but the series will now be in Ongoing games.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-01, 11:48 PM
@ DLD: the one thing i noticed is that sora needs a cooldown on a successful day bane. otherwise it looks really good. :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-02, 12:52 AM
@ DLD: the one thing i noticed is that sora needs a cooldown on a successful day bane. otherwise it looks really good. :smallsmile:Why? In my experience, the day bane is very rarely successful. I don't believe I've ever seen it work twice in the same game. It'd be different if the day baner were a bad guy who could permanently protect an outed bad guy, but that's not the case here. Only the good guys should be being protected and once they are, successfully, they should cease to be viable targets, even for bad guys trying to lead bandwagons against good power roles.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-02, 01:01 AM
well i was thinking more along the lines of:

hey! lynch me! i cant be lynched! Hey look! instant network!

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-02, 01:02 AM
Valid, but that still means that once you're "proven" that you won't need lynch protection again. Cooldown would have no bearing whatsoever on this strategy.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-02, 01:06 AM
true. but you still get the instant network. That's more of the reason why i dont like it. And the fact when you get down to very few players left and the day baner is still alive, it could make it difficult to impossible for the wolf to ever get a kill. Espcially if the night baner is still alive.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-02, 01:21 AM
Like I said, though, the "instant network" strategy doesn't even need a second use. Cooldown has no bearing. As for the very unlikely scenario that both the day baner AND the night baner are both alive with only 5 players left, the bad guys are already screwed, whether there's a cooldown or not. By that time, especially using your "proven safe" method early on in the game, the actual villagers should never be attempting to lynch the day baner anyway, and any wolf attempting to lead a bandwagon against him would gain instant suspicion. At this point, the day baner shouldn't even be using his power because he shouldn't be a target and the remaining players are either unknown allegiance or, worse yet for the wolves, already networked and it's just a matter of days until the remaining wolf or two is gone.

DarkLightDragon
2010-07-02, 01:54 AM
Very interesting and helpful argument coming from you two. Mind sorting out a few more? :smallbiggrin:

I'm tyring to work out who Cloud's ability will target if he gets lynched. Should his target pool be:

-Anyone who pointed at him, regardless of role
-Any Org members who pointed at him
-Any Org member, regardless of whether they pointed

Also, I'm not sure whether Xaldin should have the kill effect available. He was the one who got the most tweaking (I pretty much rewrote him from scratch, apart from the having 6 charges), and I stuck that one in there last-minute ("Why not have something that uses all his charges as well?"). For clarification, he can't use his effects while spending time to regain charges.

Here's the last what-if. Say Axel uses his ability on a Goofy-shielded target and gets the "kill both" effect. The target would stay alive, but should Axel die anyway or not?

Deathslayer7
2010-07-02, 02:01 AM
Very interesting and helpful argument coming from you two. Mind sorting out a few more? :smallbiggrin:

I'm tyring to work out who Cloud's ability will target if he gets lynched. Should his target pool be:

-Anyone who pointed at him, regardless of role
-Any Org members who pointed at him
-Any Org member, regardless of whether they pointed

Also, I'm not sure whether Xaldin should have the kill effect available. He was the one who got the most tweaking (I pretty much rewrote him from scratch, apart from the having 6 charges), and I stuck that one in there last-minute ("Why not have something that uses all his charges as well?"). For clarification, he can't use his effects while spending time to regain charges.

Here's the last what-if. Say Axel uses his ability on a Goofy-shielded target and gets the "kill both" effect. The target would stay alive, but should Axel die anyway or not?

If you make Cloud a "Kill evil enemies only" it hurts the bad guys too much i think.

I think Xaldin is pretty good, since it is useable only once per game. The better question is how many charges can he rack up? (unlimited?) and can he say use the same effect twice (i.e. make his point worth three or four instead of two). That to me seems more game breaking then having a one time kill.

Axel... i'll get back to you on that.

edit: ok. the fact that axel has a chance to kill himself when using his random ability to me seems very crappy. Escpcially if it happens night 1. So I might just get rid of that and change it to nothing happens? Possibly.

DarkLightDragon
2010-07-02, 02:17 AM
If you make Cloud a "Kill evil enemies only" it hurts the bad guys too much i think.

I think Xaldin is pretty good, since it is useable only once per game. The better question is how many charges can he rack up? (unlimited?) and can he say use the same effect twice (i.e. make his point worth three or four instead of two). That to me seems more game breaking then having a one time kill.

Axel... i'll get back to you on that.

edit: ok. the fact that axel has a chance to kill himself when using his random ability to me seems very crappy. Escpcially if it happens night 1. So I might just get rid of that and change it to nothing happens? Possibly.
That's what I was thinking for Cloud. I think that's how the traditional Beast is run, but I can't remember all too well.

Xaldin has a maximum of 6 charges. I should've made that clear in the notes. Yes, he can use the same effect at the same time, but the more points effect does not increase his point value. It makes him able to make a completely seperate point, though he can direct those points at the same person he's pointing at in the thread. The issue you bring up is quite valid, and one I'd overlooked. Perhaps I should make it so any additional points can't be directed at the person he's pointing at in-game? If he changed, any additional points would also have to be changed so as not to violate this rule.

The effect where Axel kills himself is there because there's a cutscene in KH2 where he pretty much blows himself up to kill all the enemies he's fighting. Replacing it with "nothing happens" does sound reasonable, though. I'll look into it.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-02, 02:18 AM
well im just going with the fun factor here. No one wants a role where you have a chance to kill yourself.

Except maybe Murska. Point is though, I think it sucks hardcore to find out that you killed yourself on Night X.

Besides that, you are now down a wolf, making it harder for the wolves to win.

edit: and to note i have played KH :smallwink: and enjoyed it.

Wizibirb
2010-07-02, 02:27 AM
Yea and you still play it on my playstation.... I should really take that back one of these days....

anyways about the whole Axel suicide thing. I am a firm believer in the whole stick to what really happens it makes things interesting. However, sometimes you can't follow the story plot no matter how much you would like to (I mean sure you can work it into narrations but you do not necessarily have to work it into the mechanics.). It is all about being fun, and not overtly game breaking, or just overall sucky for the player, deathslayer is right unless it is Ultimate Kaos, LLD, or Murska. No one wants to get themselves killed with their own ability. As cool as it may sound.

DarkLightDragon
2010-07-02, 02:29 AM
Good point. It's already pretty sucky to get the first day/night kill. Doing that to yourself would be even more annoying now that I think about it...

Also, Axel wouldn't be stupid enough to launch an attack that would do nothing but kill himself. Even if it killed someone else, he was pretty freaking desperate in that cutscene.

Replacing that effect is starting to make a lot more sense now.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-02, 02:32 AM
and my job here is done. I can do a more in depth analysis later on, but right now i need sleep and cant sleep. but am going to try anyway since i have to get up in 6 hours for work.

goodnight.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-02, 02:38 AM
Xaldin - This has the potential to get very out of control, if I'm understanding it right. Though maybe the limit on stacking 6 points will help to control that. And making it so that he can't gain lances and use his abilities at the same time should temper that pretty well too. I'd be interested in seeing how this plays out as written.

Another concern about this role, from a fun factor standpoint, is that it looks pretty cool in comparison to the other roles. Most of them are one trick ponies, but this guy has a whole repertoire of ways to muck up the villagers' plans, and he gets to choose which one happens instead of it being random.

Axel - I agree with DS7 that any ability which might kill the player using it has a strong "not fun" potential.

happyturtle
2010-07-02, 02:44 AM
I guess I'm too much like Murska. I'd LMAO if I got myself killed with my own ability. :smallbiggrin:

DarkLightDragon
2010-07-02, 04:08 AM
Xaldin - This has the potential to get very out of control, if I'm understanding it right. Though maybe the limit on stacking 6 points will help to control that. And making it so that he can't gain lances and use his abilities at the same time should temper that pretty well too. I'd be interested in seeing how this plays out as written.

Another concern about this role, from a fun factor standpoint, is that it looks pretty cool in comparison to the other roles. Most of them are one trick ponies, but this guy has a whole repertoire of ways to muck up the villagers' plans, and he gets to choose which one happens instead of it being random.
It's hard to tell how Xaldin will work out until he appears in a game. I'd be happy to tone things down if he did turn out to be overpowered, though.

I know Xaldin is one of the more versatile roles, but I don't see how that would affect the enjoyment for the other wolves. I imagine they'd find it pretty entertaining coming up with different shenanigans to unleash on the unsuspecting villagers, especially if they had someone like Banjo or Murska. :smalltongue:

Perhaps I'm overlooking something yet again, though...

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-02, 05:18 AM
I'm sure it'll be fine, just something I thought about while reading over it.

lostlittlebear
2010-07-02, 11:30 PM
The official name of Camelot WW 2 will be: The Queen of Air and Darkness (thank you T.H. White!)

Ruleset/recruitment/plot hook to come Monday, with the aim of getting the game started by the end of the week or the start of the next one :smallbiggrin:

Sorry for the delay guys, World Cup+Exams will do that to you.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-03, 01:50 AM
Abhorsen WW 2 still looking for 5 players :smallsmile:

The Cyberwolf
2010-07-03, 01:23 PM
Incarcerated is up and recruiting!

Lex-Kat
2010-07-05, 04:06 AM
Do Alpha Wolves normally scry as Villagers? :smallconfused:

I've never used Alpha's before. Convoy II is my first time.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-05, 04:26 AM
Do Alpha Wolves normally scry as Villagers? :smallconfused:

I've never used Alpha's before. Convoy II is my first time.This is why someone earlier (I think it was Shadow but it might have been Goof) tried to clarify "Scries as Villager" and "Picks Own Team" as two different aspects of wolfiness. Bottom line, it's up to you, but spell it out in the rules whichever way you decide to go about it. Do what you want, bad girl! :smallcool:

billtodamax
2010-07-05, 04:52 AM
And I believe Trixie was involved in the discussion in some capacity, either in suggesting a name, or asking the question.

My memory isn't great.

Murska
2010-07-05, 05:16 AM
I seem to remember that in Convoy they usually did scry as villagers.

lostlittlebear
2010-07-05, 06:01 AM
Have submitted the recruitment thread for Camelot WW 2 last night, just waiting now for the mods' approval!

Trixie
2010-07-05, 08:57 AM
And I believe Trixie was involved in the discussion in some capacity, either in suggesting a name, or asking the question.

Involved? My errata owned the question! :smallamused:

And no, I never ask. First, I'd have to be unsure beforehand, which never happens, and second, no one answers anyway :P

billtodamax
2010-07-05, 05:32 PM
Huzzah, I was right!

Eloel
2010-07-06, 01:31 AM
Can we run a game of our own without scheduling, if it's below 20 people? Do we need to take permission from someone?

billtodamax
2010-07-06, 01:34 AM
Whenever you want, as long as it's twenty people or less. Although you should probably grab a Co-narrator.

Eloel
2010-07-06, 01:37 AM
Being online around 12 hours/day, I think I can manage alone :smallcool:

Deathslayer7
2010-07-06, 01:37 AM
abhorsen WW 2 is now closed and started. Looking for an autolynch replacee or two if someone wants to fill that spot. :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-06, 01:42 AM
Being online around 12 hours/day, I think I can manage alone :smallcool:Not to be dismissive, but if I had a nickle for every time I've heard that and then something comes up (my computer fried/big new project/I'm grounded/love life flare up/et cetera) leaving the players hanging in a game not quite finished. Not to say that you'll absolutely have need of a conarrator, but, as I often say, it's better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Wizibirb
2010-07-06, 01:43 AM
Whenever you want, as long as it's twenty people or less. Although you should probably grab a Co-narrator.

Wait whats a co-narrator?:smallconfused:

billtodamax
2010-07-06, 01:44 AM
I think that's what you're doing with DS at the moment in Abhorsen. :smalltongue:

Eloel
2010-07-06, 01:53 AM
I'll post the roles I currently have in mind here, with hopes that I can get some feedback on them. Please, feel free.

Also, if anyone wants to co-narrate, it started to sound like a good idea :smallsmile:

Backstory:
In Sauron's quest to liberate the middle-earth, some pesky humans who call themselves heroes have appeared, trying to keep their grasp on the lands that are rightfully Orcs'. They're now trying to destroy an ancient artifact, the ring of power, which holds the orcish civilization together. They will try to kill - to infiltrate, to further their goal of conquering all land.

Team Evil
Gandalf - Devil
Aragorn - Strider (scries as villager)
Legolas - Elf (kills one when lynched, is lynched with one less)
Gimli - Dwarf (needs 2 more to be lynched)

Team Good

Saruman - Seer
Lurtz - Baner
Wormtongue - Assassin
Witch-King - Votes double, has to be killed twice (losing one vote when killed once) (fellbeast-effect)
Orcs & Uruks
Basically, 2 groups of masons.

There are a few secret roles I have in mind, but those'll have to be kept secret, or there'll be no point to them.

billtodamax
2010-07-06, 02:12 AM
Team 'Good' seems massively OP. Two groups of masons, and someone who can form an insta-network (Witchking), they can pretty much lynch/assassinate everyone who isn't in the massive network that has just been created (on day one, if there's a good witchking), to win.

Gimli's ability can essentially mean that team evil essentially has two players, although that's countered by the assassin. Basically it lets them gain lynch control that much quicker, because if team evil ever reaches the stage where team good can't lynch gimli if team evil focuses on someone on team good, then even if good lynches every other evil person in a row, they'll get killed at the same rate, faster if legolas isn't dead at that stage. But, as I said, the assassin fixes this.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-06, 02:48 AM
I suggest a co-narrator also. I can't take over all the left behind games. I'm only one pixie. :smallfrown: And Billtodamax is a good narrator, or so I've heard. :smallsmile:

Oh, and speaking of games I've taken control of....

Percy Jackson (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8858754#post8858754) is finally finished. The Campers barely won, beating the Monsters on the very last day.

Wizibirb
2010-07-06, 03:09 AM
I think that's what you're doing with DS at the moment in Abhorsen. :smalltongue:

Slavery? :smallconfused:

Seriously do you think I had an option? Their is a downside to knowing someone in RL. :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2010-07-06, 03:17 AM
*laugh*

And yeah, I'd be happy too, although I don't know the setting well at all. I know how the character's personalities are basically, though, so I should be fine. If you'll have me, of course.

Trixie
2010-07-06, 04:16 AM
I suggest a co-narrator also. I can't take over all the left behind games. I'm only one pixie. :smallfrown:

Well... Maybe these guys who all want to start new games would take over the unfinished ones, first, seeing as how they usually had good balance and the new guys can see with little (compared to their own games) work if they like it? :smallsmile:

Murska
2010-07-06, 04:18 AM
Hm. I'd say either only one group of masons or... wait, if it's under 20 players, there's no way to balance even two groups of two masons. So yeah.

I'd make the Witch-King unbaneable. That'd fix most problems.

Eloel
2010-07-06, 04:29 AM
Fixed, somehow, because of critics.
The changes are; no masons & baneable Witch-King.
Also added is Hobbits for team evil.

Team Evil
Gandalf - Devil
Aragorn - Strider (scries as villager)
Legolas - Elf (kills one when lynched, is lynched with one less)
Gimli - Dwarf (needs 2 more to be lynched)
Hobbits - Wolves

Team Good

Saruman - Seer
Lurtz - Baner
Wormtongue - Assassin
Witch-King - Votes double, has to be killed twice (losing one vote when killed once) (fellbeast-effect) (not bane-able)
Orcs - Villagers.

So, any co-narrators?

billtodamax
2010-07-06, 04:39 AM
*laugh*

And yeah, I'd be happy too, although I don't know the setting well at all. I know how the character's personalities are basically, though, so I should be fine. If you'll have me, of course.

Yes. :smalltongue:

lostlittlebear
2010-07-06, 05:00 AM
:smallconfused: Alarra, did you receive the new thread I posted two days ago? I hope my wonky internet didn't eat it! :smallsigh:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-06, 05:13 AM
:smallconfused: Alarra, did you receive the new thread I posted two days ago? I hope my wonky internet didn't eat it! :smallsigh:Alarra got on an airplane two days ago. I'll make sure she gets to it today. (sign me up!) :smallcool:

lostlittlebear
2010-07-06, 07:43 AM
Thanks Zeb! :smallbiggrin: (have done so)

Eloel
2010-07-06, 08:03 AM
Yes. :smalltongue:

Sure!

You know how this goes better than I do, do we just create the thread now?

Supagoof
2010-07-06, 10:23 AM
Sure!

You know how this goes better than I do, do we just create the thread now?Yep - create the thread, then post here and send a PM to a moderator to let them know it's waiting approval. Doing such will allow the thread to be created much faster.

Looking at the roles - they look pretty well balanced now. Good luck with your game.

Helgraf
2010-07-06, 01:35 PM
I will be at a gaming convention (Dexcon 12) Wednesday through Sunday - I request people kindly not autolynch me in my absence. I will have theorectical net access (depends on the hotel setup) but since I can't guarantee it, I'm putting the warning in now.

Currently in:
Pirates
Convoy
Playground Squares
Encounters

RedScholarGypsy
2010-07-06, 03:14 PM
I put forth that someone must make this (http://www.gameskidsplay.net/games/chasing_games/Espionage.htm) into a werewolf game. For the sake of Epicness.:smallbiggrin:

Mustiado
2010-07-07, 05:10 PM
Just a reminder that Encounters is officially underway here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158357) Come cheer on your favorite playgrounders as they descend into a treacherous mine filled with evil, and cake, and evil cake!

Lex-Kat
2010-07-08, 07:31 PM
Hello everyone. Your friendly pixie here to ask for more recruits to play the super awesome WW game, Camelot 2: The Queen of Air and Darkness. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8846626&postcount=1)

I promise everyone who survives past the first day will have a great time and love the narrations, unless something unexpected happens. :smalleek:

So please join, Lostlittlebear would like to have at least seven more players. Thank you.

Eloel
2010-07-09, 12:40 AM
I don't like self-advertising, but, Lord of the Rings WW (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159133) is now registerable. (and has been for 2 days apparently. I missed it being approved)

Wizibirb
2010-07-09, 03:48 AM
*grumbles about Uncle Festy disappearing for a week*

OK I know that I am supposed to start recruitment for MTG battle for Alara soon.... However I would like to ask you guys to give it a once over and see if there is any major problems I need to fix.

*** disclaimer it is now almost 2 in the morning so if some things are broken/don't make sense. It is because I'm sleep deprived. Anyways ALL ADVICE/COMMENTS are appreciated. So please leave some.

Sanity702 and Uncle Festy, perhaps the two most twisted minds on the forums, Present!

MtG - Battle for Alara.

another Magic the gathering inspired ww

There is only one way to win.... Be the last shard standing!

The shards

Bant -

Elspeth - Alpha - scries as Araskan Squire, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Elspeth you are the leader of Bant. Your power lies within the people. You can protect those around you with your power, Once every four nights you can protect half of your remaining troops. (rounded down, if there are 9 people left you can protect 4)
Rafiq Of The Many - Double strike - once every third day you can double your point count.
Battlegrace Angel - Lifelink - You are the great and mighty Battlegrace Angel, you can protect those you care about through your divine grace. Night bane
Stoic Angel - Angelic Vision - The gods have given you the sight to see the unseen ans as such you use this to your advantage. Seer
Akraskan Squire - Bant Villager - You can forgo your vote to make the vote of one of your allies stronger.

Esper -

Tezzert - Alpha - scries as Esper Battlemage, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Tezzeret you are the leader of Esper. Your power lies within the artifacts of Esper. Reanimation, you have the power to attempt to reanimate a member of your party. The chance of success is a decreasing percent
Night 1 has a 75% chance, night 2 is 65%.
Sphinx Sovereign - Answer seeker - Your enemies ponder your questions and answer them in truth, because to lie would result in death. Each night may chose a player and find out there role. Seer
Ethersworn Canonist - voider - Chose an enemy or ally and watch as they are helpless to do anything. You can prevent a persons night action.
Sharuum the Hegemon - Vortexer - Watch as your enemies point at who you want and not who they believe they are pointing at. Pick two people and their votes will be switched.
Esper battlemage - Esper villager - You can forgo your vote to increase Tezzerts ability by 1%

Jund -

Sarkhan - Alpha - scries as Jund Battlemage, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Sarkhan you are the leader of Jund. Your power lies within the fiery destructive power of Jund. Once every other night the power of your shard flows through you and your power becomes unstoppable. Every night you have a night kill. Once every two nights you have an unstoppable night kill.
Broodmate dragon - hunt - as any good hunter you take time to study your prey, you learn all you can before striking. First night you scry them. then the second night you take them down. Note can sry multiple people, then attack all those people without having to scry again, as long as it is from your list of pre-scried players.
Kresh the Bloodbraided - growth - you become more powerful as your enemies fall. Each time you are on the bandwagon that results in a lynching your vote count is increased by .5 (thus if you are on two successful bandwagons your vote now counts as two.)
Feral Hydra - Beast - You are a ferocious beast. when you go down you will take someone with you.
Jund Battlemage - Jund villager - You can forgo your vote to attempt to bane someone.

Naya -

Ajani Vengeant - Alpha - scries as Woolly Thoctar, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Ajani Vengeant you are the leader of Naya. Your power lies within the sheer power of Nayas beasts. Anger runs through your veins, you harness your power and unleash it on your enemies however you also know the benefit of having allies. As you know both the power of destruction and life you can once every other night have an unstoppable kill, on the other nights you may protect those you care about.
Godsire - Deadly beast - You are the almighty Godsire you do not go down without a fight. When you are lynched or night killed you take care of one of those responsible, however sense you are the great godsire, your death will not occur until the end of the next Day phase. (if you are killed day one your beast action will take place and you will still get to vote day 2)
Mayael of the Anima - Best master - You control the beasts of Naya they are yours to command and as such will protect whomever you tell them to. Not even an amassing crowd of angry people can stop your beasts, as such you can convince them not to attack. Day baner
Spearbreaker Behemoth - Giant protector - you are a great guardian and as such you make sure those whom you like stay alive, each night you can chose someone to watch over, they will live to see the next day. Night baner.
Woolly Thoctar - Naya villager - You can double your vote, if you forgo all protection (no positive abilities work on you)

Grixis -

Nicol Bolas - Alpha - scries as Grixis Battlemage, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Nicol Bolas you are the leader of Grixis. Your power stems forth from the death of everything. You are Nicol Bolas one of the greatest Planeswalkers to have ever existed, you are old and as such know much. You can Scry/bane/nightkill/void, anyone you want.... After all who will stop you? You are Nico Bolas
Sedraxis Specter - Deathly flight - You ride along the wings of death observing everything below you. Each night you can chose a person to scry.
Prince of Thralls - Deathly knowledge - You learn much from your enemies in life and as such when they die you know everything about there ability. May use each dead persons ability once. Ie day 1 Sedraxis Specter dies then you can scry night 1 and so forth, however only once per ability.
Vein Drinker - Slow Death - you can abduct a person and slowly suck there blood. There body will show up only a day later.
Grixis Battlemage - Grixis villager - You can forgo your vote to have a shot at a night kill.

Rules -

2 missed days is an auto-lynch
scry interference
Majority lynch
other rules
Note when it says you can forgo your vote you are to send in a pm to the narrators informing them that you are taking your action

Win conditions -

be the last shard standing

# of people in shard > or equal to # of players

Goes off to get some sleep

lostlittlebear
2010-07-09, 10:14 AM
Yay thanks for helping me advertise, Lexie!

-huggles-

Best pixie ever!

Lady Tialait
2010-07-10, 11:36 AM
*snip*

Um...is there any night kills? I'm terribly new to WW, but I don't see a night kill power. Meaning this game will be all Lynches.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-10, 12:17 PM
Agree. It looks like only the Broodmate Dragon & Vein Drinker can night kill.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-11, 01:31 AM
MtG - Battle for Alara.

another Magic the gathering inspired ww

There is only one way to win.... Be the last shard standing!

The shards

Bant -

Elspeth - Alpha - scries as Araskan Squire, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Elspeth you are the leader of Bant. Your power lies within the people. You can protect those around you with your power, Once every four nights you can protect half of your remaining troops. (rounded down, if there are 9 people left you can protect 4) Useless with unstobbable night kills every other night.
Rafiq Of The Many - Double strike - once every third day you can double your point count. Way too long cooldown in my opinion.
Battlegrace Angel - Lifelink - You are the great and mighty Battlegrace Angel, you can protect those you care about through your divine grace. Night bane. Again usless with all the unstoppable kills.
Stoic Angel - Angelic Vision - The gods have given you the sight to see the unseen ans as such you use this to your advantage. Seer
Akraskan Squire - Bant Villager - You can forgo your vote to make the vote of one of your allies stronger. How does this work?

Esper -

Tezzert - Alpha - scries as Esper Battlemage, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Tezzeret you are the leader of Esper. Your power lies within the artifacts of Esper. Reanimation, you have the power to attempt to reanimate a member of your party. The chance of success is a decreasing percent
Night 1 has a 75% chance, night 2 is 65%. After night 2?
Sphinx Sovereign - Answer seeker - Your enemies ponder your questions and answer them in truth, because to lie would result in death. Each night may chose a player and find out there role. Seer
Ethersworn Canonist - voider - Chose an enemy or ally and watch as they are helpless to do anything. You can prevent a persons night action.
Sharuum the Hegemon - Vortexer - Watch as your enemies point at who you want and not who they believe they are pointing at. Pick two people and their votes will be switched.
Esper battlemage - Esper villager - You can forgo your vote to increase Tezzerts ability by 1% A 1% increase is really not that great and to me seems useless.

Jund -

Sarkhan - Alpha - scries as Jund Battlemage, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Sarkhan you are the leader of Jund. Your power lies within the fiery destructive power of Jund. Once every other night the power of your shard flows through you and your power becomes unstoppable. Every night you have a night kill. Once every two nights you have an unstoppable night kill.
Broodmate dragon - hunt - as any good hunter you take time to study your prey, you learn all you can before striking. First night you scry them. then the second night you take them down. Note can sry multiple people, then attack all those people without having to scry again, as long as it is from your list of pre-scried players.
Kresh the Bloodbraided - growth - you become more powerful as your enemies fall. Each time you are on the bandwagon that results in a lynching your vote count is increased by .5 (thus if you are on two successful bandwagons your vote now counts as two.)
Feral Hydra - Beast - You are a ferocious beast. when you go down you will take someone with you.
Jund Battlemage - Jund villager - You can forgo your vote to attempt to bane someone. Useless with the unstoppable kills.

Also to note they have a potential three kills while the above guilds have no kill abilities. Not fair.

Naya -

Ajani Vengeant - Alpha - scries as Woolly Thoctar, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Ajani Vengeant you are the leader of Naya. Your power lies within the sheer power of Nayas beasts. Anger runs through your veins, you harness your power and unleash it on your enemies however you also know the benefit of having allies. As you know both the power of destruction and life you can once every other night have an unstoppable kill, on the other nights you may protect those you care about. Why every other night? Jund has every night plus 1 every two nights.
Godsire - Deadly beast - You are the almighty Godsire you do not go down without a fight. When you are lynched or night killed you take care of one of those responsible, however sense you are the great godsire, your death will not occur until the end of the next Day phase. (if you are killed day one your beast action will take place and you will still get to vote day 2)
Mayael of the Anima - Best master - You control the beasts of Naya they are yours to command and as such will protect whomever you tell them to. Not even an amassing crowd of angry people can stop your beasts, as such you can convince them not to attack. Day baner
Spearbreaker Behemoth - Giant protector - you are a great guardian and as such you make sure those whom you like stay alive, each night you can chose someone to watch over, they will live to see the next day. Night baner.
Woolly Thoctar - Naya villager - You can double your vote, if you forgo all protection (no positive abilities work on you)

Grixis -

Nicol Bolas - Alpha - scries as Grixis Battlemage, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Nicol Bolas you are the leader of Grixis. Your power stems forth from the death of everything. You are Nicol Bolas one of the greatest Planeswalkers to have ever existed, you are old and as such know much. You can Scry/bane/nightkill/void, anyone you want.... After all who will stop you? You are Nico Bolas
Sedraxis Specter - Deathly flight - You ride along the wings of death observing everything below you. Each night you can chose a person to scry.
Prince of Thralls - Deathly knowledge - You learn much from your enemies in life and as such when they die you know everything about there ability. May use each dead persons ability once. Ie day 1 Sedraxis Specter dies then you can scry night 1 and so forth, however only once per ability.
Vein Drinker - Slow Death - you can abduct a person and slowly suck there blood. There body will show up only a day later.
Grixis Battlemage - Grixis villager - You can forgo your vote to have a shot at a night kill. Way powerful compared to the other villagers simple abilities.

Rules -

2 missed days is an auto-lynch
scry interference
Majority lynch
other rules
Note when it says you can forgo your vote you are to send in a pm to the narrators informing them that you are taking your action

Win conditions -

be the last shard standing

# of people in shard > or equal to # of players

Goes off to get some sleep

Overall i think each team needs at least some sort of kill ability. Jund has it too good with two kill abilities. My thoughts bolded in your quote.

Wizibirb
2010-07-11, 02:49 AM
Like I said I was exhausted and not really thinking all that great

comments thus far - maybe remove unstoppable night kills? though it is only one person who has an unstoppable kill.
and you really think Rafiq's cool down is to long?

on arkaskan squires, they can post in thread for a vote, but pm narrator I want to instead give Rafiq a bost meaning Rafiqs point is now worth two, now if another villager does it Rafiqs point is now worth 3 and if he uses double strike it would be 4 and 6 respectively.... and so forth.

I also made bant so that it did not have a cool down with all its night bane and lynch control.

Esper battlemage - ummm yea.... Not sure maybe 5% increase?

Jund - ...... not sure

Naya - Ajani needs work I just don't know what to do.

Grixis - I did not say what chance they had, what if it is only a 10% chance of getting a night kill?

Edit - I will also put in that the day phase will be 48 hours and NIGHT phase will be 24. ((I will be more specific about there being a night phase))

More comments would be amazing.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-11, 02:52 AM
Sarkhan and Arjani both have unstobbale night kills. 2 out of maybe 6 night kills in the game total.

Wizibirb
2010-07-11, 12:43 PM
Well I can remove both and give them another ability. Maybe Ajani can normally kill or bane then once every third night do a kill and a bane

and Sarhkan can..... Copy someone else ability with a 1-2 night cool down?

Edit -

Leaves out cookies for people who look over MtG - Battle for Alara and leave comments....

They are delicious, delicious, homemade cookies.

Wizibirb
2010-07-12, 01:00 PM
MtG- battle for Alara is submitted for Mod approval...

please join when it is approved....

Supagoof
2010-07-13, 11:33 AM
Not to be confused with

ITP - Battle for Alarra.

ITP - Battle for Alarra. The MODs submission of approval.

Rules
The battle for silly games Mod shall commence. In a long turblent battle between RL and the Playground, our beloved MOD has long fought away the call of RL. Though now a threat has arrived - the pull of publishing!

The Journal has snuck it's way into favoritism by publishing one of Alarra's works. Now watch as the playground battles back against Real Life by reminding Alarra why the playground is important in the first place.

Roles

Real Life Monsters (Wolves)

The Professor - (Alpha Cloaked Wolf) - This old man has been working on capturing Alarra for years by continuously filling her mind with things like facts and knowledge. Since the playground likes logic, his ability to convince us of things gives him a 10% bonus to lynch. (So 10% of the remaining players = + to his point. so if 20 players are in the game, Professor has +2 to lynch. 10 = +1. Rounded at the half - so 15 = +2, and 14 = +1) He has chosen a team to help him crush out imagination and creativity.

The Journalist - (Devil) - This clever man has been reading through Alarra's literary pieces for years, and with the knowledge gained from them he can learn about the names of playgrounders behind the logins.

The Parents - (Beasts) - The fierce two-some can drag any playgrounder away from the computer when they go. With their catch phrase "Go spend some time outside!" as their trademark, sending them away for their search will result in losing another as well.

The Hacker - (Disguiser) - The hacker can log into the boards as anyone else. He's so good, he can in fact make anyone look like someone else when logged in. Each night he can send in the name of a player and make them look like anyone he wants when they are scried.

The Doctor - (Voider) - The cause of illness is enough to take anyone away from the boards for a time, but the doctor can pretty much tell you to stop staring at the screen waiting for your updates because it's bad for your health. Each night, he can send in the name of a player whose power he want's to de-activate for the night.

The Media - (Wolves) - The lure of published papers and swag party offered by the media is enough to pull anyone away. Will they be able to find the soul of Alarra that has been hidden here ITP?

Playground (Good guys)

Zeb the Troll - (Baner) - Beloved husband of Alarra, this mighty defender of the family shall do whatever he can to keep the call of RL away from his wife and child. Each night he can choose another playgrounder to protect from Real Life.

Indurain/Atreyu the Masked Llama - (Seer/Fool) - Which one is the seer and which one is the fool, no one really knows. We do know that at times both have been foolish. We also know that for their length of time in the playground, these two pretty much know everybody. Each night the send in a scry to see if the person logged in is a playgrounder or a real life monster in disguise. (And each night, a die will be rolled to determine which one shall see true and which one will see false. Together their scries = 75% accurate.)

Alarra - (Alarra) - Alarra will never give up the playground...at least not without a fight. The moddess of pudding has the ability to become 10% resistant to a lynch and being forced into RL. (10% of remaining players = lynch immunity, so if 20 players are in the game, Alarra has -2 to lynch. 10 = -1. Rounded at the half - so 15 = -2, and 14 = -1)

Pudding Troll - (Shield) - The pudding troll is Alarra's love and joy. But if Real Life takes him away from the playground, Alarra will soon follow. (Takes the kill from the first time Alarra is attacked by the wolves).

Roland St. Jude - (Killer) - This MOD doesn't like any shenanigans going on his playground. If he sees trouble, he'll remove it. At night can send in the name of a player to be removed. 3 day cooldown.

Playgrounder - (Villager) - The playgrounders love their mod and will do everything to eliminate the Real Life's call. Each day they can point to lynch someone they believe to be a Real Life Monster.

The Sneaks (Neutral?)

Shadow - (Seer) - Everything learned has a price. And almost no one knows that more then Shadow, except maybe Murska. Each night Shadow can send in a name to learn the role of that player. Though his scries are 100% accurate, his goals are not. (Hidden goal to be given at start of game.)

Murska - (Seer) - Everything learned has a price. And almost no one knows that more then Murska, except maybe Shadow. Each night Murska can send in a name to learn the role of that player. Though his scries are 100% accurate, his goals are not. (Hidden goal to be given at start of game.)

Supagoof - (Careless Baner) - The legionary of protection will give his life in protection of anyone else. Though his real objective is to win the game, so he may also backstab someone in order to keep himself alive. Goal - Be alive at the end of the game.

This game is up for grabs if anyone wants to narrate it. I just pieced it together thinking it'd be a funny play on Sanity's game, but now I look through it and think it'd just be a fun game to play.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-13, 11:44 AM
Dibs on being a player in that. It sounds awesome.

Wizibirb
2010-07-13, 12:11 PM
This game is up for grabs if anyone wants to narrate it. I just pieced it together thinking it'd be a funny play on Sanity's game, but now I look through it and think it'd just be a fun game to play.

Haha, glad to know people can find humor in what I do.

That being said MtG - Battle for Alara is up! JOIN US! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159820)

Lady Tialait
2010-07-13, 12:21 PM
Totally need more for Ravnica...I will cry if it doesn't get enough players...

Alarra
2010-07-13, 12:43 PM
Goof....you are awesome. :smallbiggrin:

The Cyberwolf
2010-07-13, 12:47 PM
That sounds totally awesome.

You should add Thufir as a role.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-13, 12:54 PM
Not to be confused with

ITP - Battle for Alarra.

Rules
The battle for silly games Mod shall commence. In a long turblent battle between RL and the Playground, our beloved MOD has long fought away the call of RL. Though now a threat has arrived - the pull of publishing!

The Journal has snuck it's way into favoritism by publishing one of Alarra's works. Now watch as the playground battles back against Real Life by reminding Alarra why the playground is important in the first place.

Roles

The Professor - (Alpha Cloaked Wolf) - This old man has been working on capturing Alarra for years by continuously filling her mind with things like facts and knowledge. He has chosen a team to help him crush out imagination and creativity. Scries as a playgrounder.

The Journalist - (Devil) - This clever man has been reading through Alarra's literary pieces for years, and with the knowledge gained from them he can learn about the names of playgrounders behind the logins.

The Parents - (Beasts) - The fierce two-some can drag any playgrounder away from the computer when they go. With their catch phrase "Go spend some time outside!" as their trademark, sending them away for their search will result in losing another as well.

The Hacker - (Disguiser) - The hacker can log into the boards as anyone else. He's so good, he can in fact make anyone look like someone else when logged in. Each night he can send in the name of a player and make them look like anyone he wants when they are scried.

The Media - (Wolves) - The lure of published papers and swag party offered by the media is enough to pull anyone away. Will they be able to find the soul of Alarra that has been hidden here ITP?

Playground (Good guys)

Zeb the Troll - (Baner) - Beloved husband of Alarra, this mighty defender of the family shall do whatever he can to keep the call of RL away from his wife and child. Each night he can choose another playgrounder to protect from Real Life.

Indurain/Atreyu the Masked Llama - (Seer/Fool) - Which one is the seer and which one is the fool, no one really knows. We do know that at times both have been foolish. We also know that for their length of time in the playground, these two pretty much know everybody. Each night the send in a scry to see if the person logged in is a playgrounder or a real life monster in disguise. (And each night, a die will be rolled to determine which one shall see true and which one will see false. Together their scries = 75% accurate.)

Alarra - (Alarra) - Alarra will never give up the playground...at least not without a fight. The moddess of pudding has the ability to become 10% resistant to a lynch and being forced into RL. (10% of remaining players = lynch immunity, so if 20 players are in the game, Alarra has -2 to lynch. 10 = -1. Rounded at the half - so 15 = -2, and 14 = -1)

Pudding Troll - (Shield) - The pudding troll is Alarra's love and joy. But if Real Life takes him away from the playground, Alarra will soon follow. (Takes the kill from the first time Alarra is attacked by the wolves.

Roland St. Jude - (Killer) - This MOD doesn't like any shenanigans going on his playground. If he sees trouble, he'll remove it. At night can send in the name of a player to be removed. 3 day cooldown.

Playgrounder - (Villager) - The playgrounders love their mod and will do everything to eliminate the Real Life's call. Each day they can point to lynch someone they believe to be a Real Life Monster.

The Sneaks (Neutral?)

Shadow - (Seer) - Everything learned has a price. And almost no one knows that more then Shadow, except maybe Murska. Each night Shadow can send in a name to learn the role of that player. Though his scries are 100% accurate, his goals are not. (Hidden goal to be given at start of game.)

Murska - (Seer) - Everything learned has a price. And almost no one knows that more then Murska, except maybe Shadow. Each night Murska can send in a name to learn the role of that player. Though his scries are 100% accurate, his goals are not. (Hidden goal to be given at start of game.)

Supagoof - (Careless Baner) - The legionary of protection will give his life in protection of anyone else. Though his real objective is to win the game, so he may also backstab someone in order to keep himself alive. Goal - Be alive at the end of the game.

Dibs on running it. I'd like to reserve the first week of November, good Thufir. :smallsmile:

Alarra
2010-07-13, 01:34 PM
dibs on playing myself :smalltongue:

Lady Tialait
2010-07-13, 01:42 PM
Then I want to play Zeb.

Supagoof
2010-07-13, 01:51 PM
That sounds totally awesome.

You should add Thufir as a role.Heh - I should, but I worry about getting role crazy like LLD...
< <
> >
^_^

Dibs on running it. I'd like to reserve the first week of November, good Thufir. :smallsmile:Awesome. I'll send you a PM about the "Hidden Goals" for the Shadow and Murska roles I had in mind. Also a clear expectation of the Indy/Llama roles.

Haha, glad to know people can find humor in what I do.

That being said MtG - Battle for Alara is up! JOIN US! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159820)Yes. First Battle for Alara, then in November - Battle for Alarra. :smallamused:

Thufir
2010-07-13, 02:06 PM
I'm confused as to why I should be a role... I don't particularly know Alarra that well, never met her off the internet, and WW-wise, I don't think I have any reputation to speak of, I just organise the schedule.

Castaras
2010-07-13, 02:36 PM
Because you're a cool frood who likes mad science.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-13, 04:00 PM
Possibly some people from the forums who've met Alarra multiple times at meet-ups as masons?:smalltongue:

Damn, can't figure out a way to suggest myself.:smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-07-13, 04:58 PM
Ooohh...a GitP Wolfy game? I call a spot! ^^ Maybe. <.<; Possibly.

Murska
2010-07-14, 01:38 AM
That seems awesome. I wish I get to play as myself. :smalltongue:

Shadow
2010-07-14, 12:33 PM
That seems awesome. I wish I get to play as myself. :smalltongue:

I don't. I hate being any sort of power role. I get scried and die fast enough if I'm just a villager. When I get any sort of actual role assigned to me, I have to hope that all the stars align or else I won't get to play.

But our roles are indeed awesome, yes? :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-14, 12:40 PM
I'd LOL if I'd end up as Shadow, since I'm very unlike him as a WW player. I have no strategic value, haven't been around as long as him(though long enough to know everybody:smalltongue:), I don't write half as well he does and I narrate like a feral opossum who got his claws on some paper when compared to his games.

Alright, enough done with the self-bashing, even though its true.:smalltongue:

Castaras
2010-07-14, 01:44 PM
Dibs on being a neutral character. :smallamused:

Murska
2010-07-14, 05:01 PM
I don't. I hate being any sort of power role. I get scried and die fast enough if I'm just a villager. When I get any sort of actual role assigned to me, I have to hope that all the stars align or else I won't get to play.

But our roles are indeed awesome, yes? :smallbiggrin:

Yup. And with my game-style, and depending on the role, I can actually get to play sometimes. It's the random killings that get me, but if I can get settled and in contact with the wolf team early...

Fate.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-14, 05:03 PM
Dibs on being a neutral character. :smallamused:
Ok, so me and Cassie have dibs on being Shadow and Murska.:smalltongue:

The Cyberwolf
2010-07-15, 11:49 AM
Uh.... when is Llama Llama Duck 4 scheduled? Roughly?

happyturtle
2010-07-15, 12:07 PM
April 1, 2011.

Supagoof
2010-07-15, 12:23 PM
Right. LLD always starts on April Fools - in appreciation for the biggest "Fool" on the forum. :smallbiggrin:

Speaking of games starting - Titans 4! - Salvation thread has been submitted and is awaiting moderator approval.

Andre Fairchilde
2010-07-15, 10:35 PM
Hello. My name is Andre, and I last visited the forum on 06-30-2010 at 02:14 PM. Actually, that was to check a pm that Goof sent me.

Before that, I don't know when I was on.

I'm here to announce that I cannot run Mafia in the near future.

I may not be able to run again, if I do, it will be perhaps a year or so. We'll see.

Some of you may know my real name, and that I'm married, and a dad of two with one more on the way.

Without going into the details, it has been a rough three years since I separated from the U.S. Air Force, especially since I went out on such a high note with such great expectations.

The last thousand days has seen the rise and fall of a brief business, two jobs, one layoff, pregnancies, and a double funeral. And depression.

But....

I was just hired into a very good job, a career job. The job, basically ending the endless stream of Monster updates, networking meetings, continuous and unending application to jobs... any job...

I started Tuesday. :smallsmile:

Also, I've been working out. So while I've been avoiding the Playground, I've lost over 50 lbs.

Reality, my wife, my boys, my new career and two to three election campaigns - one of which is my own combined with work, and the occasional game of D&D have pretty much blocked up my schedule.

I tell you all this because I feel I owe you something - an explanation, an apology, or something.

I might want to come back and run again. I'll respectfully ask for that opportunity when I come to that road again.

Until then, take care...
Those that know me, can find me daily on Facebook. I'm not dead, rather - I'm living!
AF ~

RedScholarGypsy
2010-07-15, 11:56 PM
*raises a glass*

To Andre, may he live the good life, and never feel that he has to apologize to us for doing so.

rakkoon
2010-07-16, 12:16 AM
Hear hear, enjoy life to its fullest Andre!

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-16, 12:53 AM
Andre - congratulations on the many deserved upturns in your life. :smallcool:

We'll save you a spot at the table, whenever you feel you want to drop in, even if it's just for a visit. *pats Andre's spot at the table*

Supagoof
2010-07-16, 01:15 AM
Andre, I'll see you whenever you feel like having me over again, or whenever I feel like having you over, or something along those lines. Alas, it won't be soon enough though.

I will be on vacation for the next 9 days with limited access to post. ((If I miss days in any game, please don't autolynch me.))

I shall try to keep the recruitment posts for Titans 4 up to date as can be. That game will start when I return.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-16, 01:24 AM
Congratulations, Andre. Happy to hear things are going well. :smallsmile:

His name's not really Andre Fairchilde? :smallconfused:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-16, 01:36 AM
Oh carp! I've got a game coming up in about ten days myself.

*dashes off to find notes*

EmeraldRose
2010-07-16, 06:29 AM
I'll still be around, and I'll have him come back to visit when I can :smallsmile:

Supagoof
2010-07-16, 09:09 AM
*snip*
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]His name's not really Andre Fairchilde? :smallconfused:It is, he just hasn't tried to update his driver's license yet. I filed the paperwork at the courthouse last month. I suppose I should have told him. :smallamused:

Helgraf
2010-07-16, 11:09 AM
Not to be confused with

ITP - Battle for Alarra.

Rules

Roles

The Professor - (Alpha Cloaked Wolf) - This old man has been working on capturing Alarra for years by continuously filling her mind with things like facts and knowledge. He has chosen a team to help him crush out imagination and creativity. Scries as a playgrounder.

Playground (Good guys)

Pudding Troll - (Shield) - The pudding troll is Alarra's love and joy. But if Real Life takes him away from the playground, Alarra will soon follow. (Takes the kill from the first time Alarra is attacked by the wolves.

The Sneaks (Neutral?)

Damn, I is still not famous enough for role name. ;)

Andre Fairchilde
2010-07-16, 12:08 PM
I will come back to take post 1000 though. ;-)

Zar Peter
2010-07-17, 10:21 AM
I'm very happy to hear that Andre. Third kid... be prepared. It's a tough job. Congratulations to Em, too!