PDA

View Full Version : WW Central VI: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Deathslayer7
2010-07-17, 11:08 PM
Masons should be called The Quiet Ones- like Aemoh or Shadowcaller or Selrahc. :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2010-07-18, 02:22 PM
I am planning on resurrecting Alien Invasion for it's 3rd incarnation - with 20 people max. Only want a small game for now. I will need a co-narrator if at all possible, knowing how bad I am at keeping up with updates.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-18, 03:32 PM
I am planning on resurrecting Alien Invasion for it's 3rd incarnation - with 20 people max. Only want a small game for now. I will need a co-narrator if at all possible, knowing how bad I am at keeping up with updates.
If no one else volunteers, I will be your co-narrator. :smallsmile:

Anyone else wish to volunteer?

Uncle Festy
2010-07-19, 08:39 AM
OHSHI - :smalleek:
Ok so basically I've had WAY less time than I had hoped. Something in the range of an hour or so a night, really, and I've spent most of my time catching up on various webcomics, blogs, LPs, et cetera, so yeah, this is my week-late first login since I posted my away message. :smallredface:
I may or may not have time to actually start Ravnica, we'll have to see. Really sorry about this, guys. Oh, and sorry about getting auto'd in Abhorsen. :smallsigh:

Castaras
2010-07-19, 09:57 AM
If no one else volunteers, I will be your co-narrator. :smallsmile:

Anyone else wish to volunteer?

Looks like you can conarrate yet another game. :smallwink: I should *hopefully* not be too bad with updates, considering the summer holidays are coming up for me.

I'll go sort out the thread and rules and message you them so that we can iron out the last little bits of my adjustments to the old Alien Invasion rules.

Aemoh
2010-07-19, 11:36 AM
Ello all...

I've PM'd and said as much, but for any future games or people I missed, I may or may not have internet access for a bit. Please don't auto.

EDIT: Ok... crisis averted for the moment. May or may not show again though in a week .. *shrugs*

Lex-Kat
2010-07-20, 09:42 AM
Just in case no one else noticed, I found this in Kroy's Signature:

My grandma died. I will be flying back to Princeton from the 15th - 21st. Internet access will be limited at best.
So if he's in anyone's game, maybe we could not auto-lynch him?

Castaras
2010-07-21, 03:53 PM
Righties, got basics ironed out.

Alien Invasion III - a WW game for 20 players

Townsfolk(villager): Abduction fodder for the aliens.
Area 51(masons): They've heard the aliens are coming. So they want to stop them. Logical really.
Agent Fox Mulder(seer): He can identify aliens. He's good at his job.
Crazy Abductee(fool): He thinks he can identify aliens. He's not so good at his job.
DJ (baner): He heard country music stops aliens. So he plays it outside someone's house each night.
Aliens (Wolves): Green blobby things. They want to destroy the world, starting with this town.
Big Freakin' Alien (Devil): He's big. He's freakin' big. He also can see which villagers are which. He scries people, mwahaha. And is scried as a townsfolk.

The Twist
Each day, you lynch someone. Each night, aliens abduct someone. HOWEVER: The narrator will not say who gets abducted, or if someone gets baned or even if the aliens forgot to send in an action. That is up to the players to decide. Aliens will not get told if an abduction is successful. So they have to work it out too.

Things to sort out
Do we ditch autolynching?
Ratio of aliens - villagers normal wolf - villager ratio?
Do we use the old idea of "Someone may escape abduction and return - has chance of being villager and alien slave. Alien slaves don't count towards victory for villagers, but do count towards victory for aliens."?
If so, do we use the old rule of "Seer and fool aren't told who they are until they get abducted and return to the village."?

Lex-Kat
2010-07-21, 06:09 PM
My opinions.

Things to sort out
Do we ditch autolynching? How about 5 day auto-lynch? I wouldn't want a game with 1 alien who hasn't been playing, and so no one lynches him, because he's not there.

Ratio of aliens - villagers normal wolf - villager ratio? Well, we should be able to get 20 players, easy. :smallsmile: How about 3 Aliens (2 Regular and 1 Devil) to 17 Non-Aliens.

Do we use the old idea of "Someone may escape abduction and return - has chance of being villager and alien slave. Alien slaves don't count towards victory for villagers, but do count towards victory for aliens."? Sounds good. Yet, I don't understand it. :smallconfused:

If so, do we use the old rule of "Seer and fool aren't told who they are until they get abducted and return to the village."?I like the idea of the Seer/Fools remaining blind to their true role until they either figure it out for themselves, or the end of the game.

My own Question:

When the Seer or the Fool are abducted, do they retain their abilities? :smallconfused:

Griever
2010-07-21, 09:40 PM
Do we use the old idea of "Someone may escape abduction and return - has chance of being villager and alien slave. Alien slaves don't count towards victory for villagers, but do count towards victory for aliens."? Sounds good. Yet, I don't understand it. :smallconfused:

I'd assume that meant that alien slaves count towards the equal-numbers win condition for the aliens, but are not necessary to die for the villagers to win.

I rather like that idea of a role.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-21, 10:27 PM
I'd assume that meant that alien slaves count towards the equal-numbers win condition for the aliens, but are not necessary to die for the villagers to win.

I rather like that idea of a role.
How does one escape abduction though? :smallconfused:

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-07-21, 11:25 PM
Lex, I can shed some light for you on the abduction thing (it was originally my brain child. Castaras wanted to revive it, to which I have no issues). Originally the seer/fool roles were not assigned at the beginning (as you really can't predict who the aliens will abduct). After oh, say 4-6 people are abducted (they are PMed and told they are abducted, which at that point is the same as being killed), you pm 2-3 of them again and tell them that they have been able to escape the aliens and have made it back to earth. At that point you reveal to two of them that they are the seer/fool. Now in the past, I"ve done it so that they can escape all at once, or one at a time on a few consecutive nights. But in order to do things this way, you also need to have a normal townsperson or two escape from time to time, or else the aliens know exactly who the seer and fool are.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-22, 12:32 AM
Thanks. :smallsmile:

The Cyberwolf
2010-07-22, 05:55 AM
Does anybody want to host a Discworld WW? I had the idea for it, but I'd like to play it...

Oh, and Death is a role.

Death - You know who you are. Your scythe can cut the soul from the body. Once every other night phase, you may have a night kill.

EXTRA POWER: By not using your night kill on Night Phase A, or your lynch vote on Day Phase B, you may switch your kill on Night Phase B for the ability to permanently remove someone's night action.

Elder Tsofu
2010-07-22, 06:10 AM
Except in the earliest books Death never kills anything does he?
Bound hard by his role of maintaining the balance, where even small changes might end the world. :smalltongue:
(He's even offended when Mort imply that Death kills people)

@V Edit:
Mention something Pratchett and there will be a bunch of people happily tripping over each other to correct you. :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2010-07-22, 06:15 AM
Except, O' course, in the Colour of Magic, near the start, where he relentlessly pursues Rincewind, and on the way kills a bunch of gnats and 1/9th of a cat.

Of course, his attitude changes later in the book. I'm not sure about The Light Fantastic, because I haven't read that one as recently.

But that can be explained as Terry finding his feet in his new world of fiction.

Trobby
2010-07-22, 07:02 AM
I always thought the implication was that-

A: It was Rincewind's time, but he was so persistent at running away that even Death couldn't catch up.

B: All the creatures he took the life of along the way were set to die at that point anyhow.

Thufir
2010-07-22, 09:17 AM
You may want to take a look at the Game Archives:

--Discworld--
Dyscworlde WereWolfe: Dei In Machina (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69435)
Discworld II: The Glorious Republic of Treacle Mine Road (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132474)

Also, I dislike the idea of Death as a role. Because in theory he can do pretty much anything, but in practice he can't use that power because he could disrupt the balance. Also, how could he get lynched/night killed?
Unless you have a special idea for it (Something akin to the events of Reaper Man, say), I would say you shouldn't include Death as a role. Just put him in the narrations.

lostlittlebear
2010-07-22, 09:23 AM
Death would have to be the NARRATOR :smallbiggrin:

banjo1985
2010-07-22, 09:31 AM
Apologies to the narrators of the two games I bombed out of without warning a couple of weeks ago, bit of a mad few weeks coupled with a creative writing binge ate all of my time. Sorry for anything I messed up. :smallfrown:

I won't be signing up for any more games, and you can take me out of the late August slot for my WW. If I am ever going to write this bloody novel I need to minimise opportunities for procrastination, and WW is one heck of a draw for me. Still I'll see you guys around the rest of the forum though, or even here in a month or so when my story tumbles down around my ears. :smallbiggrin:

Thufir
2010-07-22, 09:55 AM
Death would have to be the NARRATOR :smallbiggrin:

I'd find it annoying after a while to have the narrations in all caps. Also Death isn't very talkative.

Apologies to the narrators of the two games I bombed out of without warning a couple of weeks ago, bit of a mad few weeks coupled with a creative writing binge ate all of my time. Sorry for anything I messed up. :smallfrown:

It's fine, you got beast-killed anyway.

Trobby
2010-07-22, 09:58 AM
Death's ability should be more akin to not appearing to anyone, at all. And also not being able to be removed by anyone.

Other than the Auditors, of course. Who, incidentally, should play the wolf. :smallwink:

Shadowcaller
2010-07-22, 11:00 AM

Also, I dislike the idea of Death as a role. Because in theory he can do pretty much anything, but in practice he can't use that power because he could disrupt the balance. Also, how could he get lynched/night killed?
Unless you have a special idea for it (Something akin to the events of Reaper Man, say), I would say you shouldn't include Death as a role. Just put him in the narrations.

Yes, because every other game is following their theme to the point. :smalltongue:

Really, werewolf games doesn't make any kind of sense of sense in the context of a story like Lotr, final fantasy, discworld, etc, etc.

Keeping canon seems a bit redundant to me really, everything else like why the wolves only kill one person every night or why the villagers just lynch a player every day is handwaved away anyway, so I don't see why you can handwave this away as well.

(Thought I must say that Death should have another ability then that if you want to him as a role. Maybe some restriction to the killing ability? What theme is he on anyway?)

The Cyberwolf
2010-07-22, 11:11 AM
OK.... Revise Death. And add a few more roles. (The new ones are what I got from Hogfather)

Death - The Observer - You don't really kill people, just make sure people are dying properly. When someone dies, you have a 50/50 chance of learning who killed them. Lynching is possible (he'll be trapped in another reality), but he can only be night-killed if Teatime is still in the game. Starts off knowing Susan.

Susan - The Granddaughter - You are a governess, and a dab hand with a poker. If any member of Team Bad votes to lynch you, your skill with the poker will prevent him/her from using a night action the following night.

The Auditors - The Wolves - You audit reality. Unfortunately, there are rules set down, and you cannot intervene too far, for risk of being destroyed. So no flashy powers.

Jonathan Teatime - The Assassin - Hired by the Auditors, you are a brilliant man, but brilliant like a shattered mirror: dazzling, bright and incredibly sharp, but also irrevocably broken. Once every other night phase, you may have a extra night kill.

Reinholdt
2010-07-22, 11:13 AM

God got lynched or night killed in Monty Python WW.
Then again, it's MONTY PYTHON. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-07-22, 11:16 AM
Not to mention the stupid villagers wandering off alone at night instead of staying in one big group. :smallbiggrin:

Cyberwolf, that Death role is way way too powerful.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-22, 01:42 PM
My idea for Death:

He's Neutral.

There is a list of roles that he has the ability to scry, about 1 character for every 5 players.

Of those, he must kill 1 for every 7 players playing.
{table]1-7|1
8-14|2
15-21|3
and so|on[/table]

Every night he gets a scry. If he finds one of his victims, he can Night Kill them the following night.

If someone on his list dies from other means, they do not count toward his victory.

Once all his possibler victims are dead or he has killed his required players, by his hand or otherwise, the player becomes a basic villager, though still Neutral, and he doesn't count toward a victory for either team.

And to keep whoever it is in line, make it so that his targets are on both teams. So that he must kill members of both teams to win.

The Cyberwolf
2010-07-22, 01:47 PM
:smallconfused: Complicated.

@happyturtle: Hey, just suggesting. I wasn't planning on hosting it.

PhantomFox
2010-07-22, 03:04 PM
Hey y'all. Long time, no see. I've been developing a hankering for running, or bullying someone else into running, another edition of Universal Smash Bros. The problem is, that given my performance in the last go round, I'm going to be repeating myself soon in the Narrations. So I'd like someone else to handle making the topic, writing the narrations, while I stay behind the scenes and work all the machinery on how the roles interact. Or if you want to do that all yourself, I'll be happy to play and see what it's like from the other side. Anyone interested? Give me a PM if so.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-23, 01:26 AM
Hey y'all. Long time, no see. I've been developing a hankering for running, or bullying someone else into running, another edition of Universal Smash Bros. The problem is, that given my performance in the last go round, I'm going to be repeating myself soon in the Narrations. So I'd like someone else to handle making the topic, writing the narrations, while I stay behind the scenes and work all the machinery on how the roles interact. Or if you want to do that all yourself, I'll be happy to play and see what it's like from the other side. Anyone interested? Give me a PM if so.

pm sent. Would anyone be interested in running this with me? :smallconfused:

Lex-Kat
2010-07-23, 04:52 AM
Sorry DS7, that's a big confusing game, and I have enough on my plate. :smallsigh:

Werewolf Classic has ended witha Wolves victory.

The Cyberwolf
2010-07-23, 11:57 AM

When's the next Classic game? I'd like to play it sometime.

Trobby
2010-07-23, 12:23 PM
See the first post in this thread.

Chances are the next "Classic Werewolf" will not be held until the current one is over though.

Thufir
2010-07-23, 12:27 PM
See the first post in this thread.

Chances are the next "Classic Werewolf" will not be held until the current one is over though.

Look two posts above you.
Also, I don't think I mentioned Classic in the first post. One of the OPs, sure, but not the first.

Trobby
2010-07-23, 12:30 PM
...I'm a silly. #<.<#; Sorry for misunderstanding.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-23, 12:43 PM
Not sure when the next Classic game will be. It needs a new Narrator.

I know I won't be narrating it, and I doubt Irbis will.

Irbis
2010-07-23, 01:30 PM
Not sure when the next Classic game will be. It needs a new Narrator.

How about DM77? :xykon:

I know I won't be narrating it, and I doubt Irbis will.

Why? :smallyuk:

Istari
2010-07-23, 04:41 PM
I'm developing schoolyard werewolf to run again since last time I lost my internet for almost two weeks and the game died, can I have the Aug 30 slot?

Deathslayer7
2010-07-23, 05:16 PM
there's an aug 27th which you might like. If so can I get Oct 4th for USB (Universal Smash Bros) 5 i believe is the number we are on now.

Lex-Kat
2010-07-23, 09:18 PM
Why? :smallyuk:
You just didn't seem like you were having the appropriate fun. If the game isn't fun for you, it's work.

And working at a Werewolf or even my Heal/Hurt games is something I do not wish to ever do, again.

The Bushranger
2010-07-23, 09:22 PM
Aww. :smallfrown:
*huggles Lex* :smallredface:

The Cyberwolf
2010-07-24, 02:02 PM
*huggles Lex*

....Wait, why won't you run a WW or H/H?

On another note: Thufir, you could run Classic...

Thufir
2010-07-24, 02:50 PM
*huggles Lex*

....Wait, why won't you run a WW or H/H?

On another note: Thufir, you could run Classic...

Lex didn't say "won't run." Said "won't work." The point being that it should be fun, rather than work.

I could, and I've considered it, but I'd need some sort of inspiration for my narrations. When I come up with said inspiration, I'll be happy enough to run Classic, unless I'm running another game at the time.

The Cyberwolf
2010-07-24, 02:56 PM
I'm good with inspiration. I get random ideas all the time.

Attention Defi- I LIKE PUDDING!

See?

Would a Classic game set in the digital world of the Internet be cool?

happyturtle
2010-07-24, 02:58 PM
Thufir should run a British themed game, wot wot.

The Cyberwolf
2010-07-24, 03:01 PM
I'm British! Well, Welsh. But is there really a difference?

On topic: Maybe a Mad Science Classic for Thufir. Say, set in the 50s, and the only imprints and mutants make up the classic roles. No items.

The Bushranger
2010-07-24, 03:15 PM
After poking around YouTube the last few days, I can say...
...somebody needs to make a Darkwing Duck WW. :smallwink:

Trobby
2010-07-24, 03:41 PM
Second'd. But now we need to come up with some rules.

Griever
2010-07-24, 03:52 PM
Lex didn't say "won't run." Said "won't work." The point being that it should be fun, rather than work.

I could, and I've considered it, but I'd need some sort of inspiration for my narrations. When I come up with said inspiration, I'll be happy enough to run Classic, unless I'm running another game at the time.

Doctor Who.

Castaras
2010-07-24, 04:28 PM
Doctor Who.

Another doctor who game would be fun. :smalltongue: Dibs on horribly mutilating David Tennant!

Lex-Kat
2010-07-24, 04:33 PM
I wanna be Billie Piper. Whatever her character's name was. :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2010-07-24, 04:37 PM
I wanna be Billie Piper. Whatever her character's name was. :smallbiggrin:

I'll be Zoe or Liz from proper old series Doctor Who. :smallwink:

And just to let people know: Thread for RAF coming up. As is Thread for Alien Invasion III. Co-Narrator for the latter is whoever wishes it to be them.

Thufir
2010-07-24, 04:38 PM
Doctor Who.

If I run a Doctor Who game (Which I would certainly consider), I'm properly theming it with specific rules.
Hmm... time-travel in WW games... (Perhaps surprisingly, not the first time I've had that idea).
@Lex: Rose.

Anyway, I kind of assumed that Classic had to have, y'know, actual werewolves. It'd seem weird to take the mechanics but change the fluff.

@Cassie: If I were to do a Doctor Who WW, I would quite possibly try to do a series of 11 - one per Doctor. Though I'd have to watch a load more of the classic series before I'd feel able to do them all justice.

Castaras
2010-07-24, 04:53 PM
If I run a Doctor Who game (Which I would certainly consider), I'm properly theming it with specific rules.
Hmm... time-travel in WW games... (Perhaps surprisingly, not the first time I've had that idea).
@Lex: Rose.

Anyway, I kind of assumed that Classic had to have, y'know, actual werewolves. It'd seem weird to take the mechanics but change the fluff.

@Cassie: If I were to do a Doctor Who WW, I would quite possibly try to do a series of 11 - one per Doctor. Though I'd have to watch a load more of the classic series before I'd feel able to do them all justice.

I'd be very happy to conarrate a doctor who themed game if you were going to run one. Would certainly be able to help with narrations. :smallsmile:

Would be fun to have another. Can't remember who it was that ran the last doctor who one...

Lex-Kat
2010-07-24, 04:54 PM
As is Thread for Alien Invasion III. Co-Narrator for the latter is whoever wishes it to be them.

*Glares at any and all competition for co-narrator* Mine. Rawrr!! Hsssssss!! *Claws the air*

The Bushranger
2010-07-24, 09:25 PM
Doctor Who!!
...I'd probably have to be Adric. :smalltongue:

Meanwhile, not sure about special rules for a DW WW, but some of the roles are pretty clear:

Darkwing - Baner
Launchpad - Fool
Negaduck - Devil
Galvanized Negaduck - Beast

:smallbiggrin:

Trobby
2010-07-24, 10:02 PM
Hmm...

Gosalin - Seer

Day Baner - Gizmoduck (Because why not?)

Villains - Only 5 or so of them (Bushroot, Megavolt, The Liquidator, Quacker Jack) Job - Kill off all the non-villains. They want team evil to win.

Citizens - Villagers

(Whatever the opposite of F.O.W.L. is) - Masons

The Bushranger
2010-07-24, 10:11 PM
The opposite of F.O.W.L. was S.H.U.S.H., right? They'd be the masons, I reckon.

Reinholdt
2010-07-24, 11:12 PM
*Glares at any and all competition for co-narrator* Mine. Rawrr!! Hsssssss!! *Claws the air*

*backs away from slowly as quick as inhumanly possible*

Eternal Drifter
2010-07-24, 11:53 PM
Any idea what's going on here? TheLaughingMan appears to be attempting to start a WW game... but I don't see it anywhere on the board... Star Wars WW (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161303)...

Lex-Kat
2010-07-25, 02:34 AM
The Alien Invasion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161529) has begun, recruitment.

Who ever wishes to be Abducted, step forward and be named. This is a 20 limit game, so please rush to reserve your place. :smallbiggrin:

Wizibirb
2010-07-25, 06:50 PM
Can I please have more players for MtG - battle for alara? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159820) It wold make me a happy camper....

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-27, 01:46 AM
The recruitment thread for Rebellion V (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161876) is up.

Go join. Do it NOW! :smallcool:

Castaras
2010-07-27, 02:59 AM
Alien Invasion III has begun. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161529)

Skippy
2010-07-27, 11:05 AM
Classic has finally ended!! So now I'm going to start my small WW game... Are you ready? Thread coming up soon...

Supagoof
2010-07-27, 01:17 PM
So here's a question for you all.

In October I'm going to start another round of one of my historical games. Typically this time of year is for Ye Olde West. Followed by Kingdom Hearts, the LLD, then Titans, then YOW again...

So the question is - should I mix up the order a bit and run KH (If Skippy is up to that as well?) or should I continue with my usual seasonal order of games?

Trobby
2010-07-27, 01:23 PM
Either order is good by me, but I would absolutely love to play another round of KH. :smallbiggrin:

The Cyberwolf
2010-07-27, 03:43 PM
I dunno....

YOW sounds cool, but so does KH.... then again, I've never played KH...

Trobby
2010-07-27, 04:39 PM
The last time we did it, every ten posts was an affectionate parody of a Disney Movie Song. *points to the first page, where Murska's song can still be found*

Skippy
2010-07-27, 11:34 PM
I'm more up to it than last time :smallbiggrin: so I'd be pleased to help you narrate that one! Thanks for thinking of me as a conarrator!

rakkoon
2010-07-28, 03:35 AM
Well, KH has given me a song to sig. Then again so has LLD. Perhaps I should play Ye Olde West and see what that gives.
As you wish Supagoof, you're the boss of your own schedule!

Trobby
2010-07-28, 05:46 AM
As you wish

Has anyone ever done a Princess Bride WW? Just curious.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-07-28, 07:29 AM
Has anyone ever done a Princess Bride WW? Just curious.

Officially, not that I can remember. Unofficially, yes, and I'll make that my next Playground Squares question, so we can relive the event.

Shadow
2010-07-28, 07:49 AM
Someone did.
I remember it distinctly, but I don't remember who ran it or which type of game it was. Possibly a Rebellion....?
Lemme check.

Or wait, was it just that we were planning on it? Or did we hijack a game and turn it into a Princess Bride game? Something like that....
Crap, now I'm confused. :smallredface:

Castaras
2010-07-28, 07:56 AM
Or wait, was it just that we were planning on it? Or did we hijack a game and turn it into a Princess Bride game? Something like that....

That, as far as I recall. :smallsmile:

That was the rebellion before the rampage of the zombie kitten, iirc. :smallbiggrin:

Shadow
2010-07-28, 07:58 AM
No, it wasn't.
And even if it were, we should keep our mouths shut if Llama is going to use it as a question. I just realized that a moment ago.

But I really can't remember what the deal was. I know there was talk, but that's all I remember.

Alarra
2010-07-28, 11:19 AM
Not rebellion, but yes, we hi-jacked a game. *keeps quiet about anything else, lest llama use that info in the playground squares question*

Skippy
2010-07-28, 06:50 PM
Tiny Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161911) is here!!! Who's brave enough for it?

Trobby
2010-07-28, 07:36 PM
...The fact that Tiny Werewolf does not include a very small Werewolf pup greatly disappoints me.

Skippy
2010-07-28, 07:39 PM
...The fact that Tiny Werewolf does not include a very small Werewolf pup greatly disappoints me.

Well maybe all of the werewolves are actually tiny werewolf puppies there...

happyturtle
2010-07-28, 07:41 PM
Tiny werewolf here. (http://ihasahotdog.com/2010/07/28/funny-puppy-videos-puppeh-luvin/)

Trobby
2010-07-28, 07:45 PM
...:smallfrown: Not only is that image refusing to load, every single new page is refusing to load on me. *still full of sadness*

Webz are better, puppy is adorable. :smallbiggrin:

Skippy
2010-07-29, 09:54 AM
Tiny Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161911) has started!!! Good luck to everyone!! Remember to read carefully the rules, this may be a totally different game to what you're used to!

Shadow
2010-07-29, 01:13 PM
Tiny Werewolf thread is up! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161911)

Castaras
2010-07-29, 02:11 PM
The thread with tiny werewolves is up! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161911)

...What? I felt left out. :smallfrown:

Supagoof
2010-07-29, 02:16 PM
Werewolf thread is up! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161911)

happyturtle
2010-07-29, 02:23 PM
Has anyone seen the tiny werewolf thread? :smallconfused:

Irbis
2010-07-29, 02:31 PM
Here it is. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161911)

The Bushranger
2010-07-29, 07:04 PM
Werewolf thread?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qcrhDVVzhs4/ScU46QlI2JI/AAAAAAAABYc/hLbU9LJp5RY/s320/searchandrescue.jpg

We iz tryin to finds itz.

Reinholdt
2010-07-29, 07:06 PM
Wait up. I think I failed a spot check.

The Cyberwolf
2010-07-30, 02:13 AM
The kissogram pops up.

"I've been spying on Tiny Werewolf!"

And with a pop! she vanished back to Alien Invasion III.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-30, 04:36 PM
Riiiight. I've been busy with a lotta IRL stuff and the dutch meet-up and and and.:eek::smallfrown:

To be honest, LoTR WW 2 just snuck up on me.

I'l be working hard on creating some fun roles and plans and stuffs.

Does anybody want to co-narrate. Responsiblities would be to discuss game balance with me on MSN/PM(MSN would be vastly preferred), do the occasional narration, answer questions if I haven't yet. And uhm, that's it I think

The three things I mainly want in a co-narrator is a experienced player or a person who has narrated before, for game balance. The more knowledge of the LotR world the better. And uh, yeah, msn would be great.

Anybody in August wanna switch Start dates?:smalleek:

*goes off to work on rules*

Trixie
2010-07-30, 05:35 PM
Game rules I can do. Preferably, on Gmail. Narration, I don't know when it will be or if I'll have time, so I won't promise anything.

*of course, I don't know if I could be called experienced player*

billtodamax
2010-07-30, 05:40 PM
Game rules I can do. Preferably, on Gmail. Narration, I don't know when it will be or if I'll have time, so I won't promise anything.

*of course, I don't know if I could be called experienced player*

Of course you are Trixie, you silly.

Trixie
2010-07-30, 06:00 PM
With respect, certain Playgrounders would like to disagree with you :P

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 06:04 PM
Certain playgrounders may have considered you a newbie back when you were, you know, NEW, but I can't imagine any definition of "experienced" that would require someone to have played more than 40 games and narrated more than 3. :smalltongue:

Trixie
2010-07-30, 06:21 PM
Is 'back then' 2-3 days ago? :smallamused:

Edit: Checked that discussion, 5 days ago, actually.

Castaras
2010-08-01, 03:28 AM
Could use 1 Alien Invasion Autolynch replacement.

Murska
2010-08-01, 05:30 AM
Well, I probably don't count, sadly. :smalltongue:

Castaras
2010-08-01, 05:33 AM
Nope, sorry. :smalltongue:

Strategos
2010-08-01, 05:34 AM
Ooh! Ooh! Pick me pick me!

Irbis
2010-08-01, 05:35 AM
Well, I probably don't count, sadly. :smalltongue:

If only I had a cookie every time you try this... :smalltongue:

Castaras
2010-08-01, 06:18 AM
Ooh! Ooh! Pick me pick me!

Congratulations, you have now joined Alien Invasion III. It is currently night 2, you will come into the game the beginning of the third day.

The Cyberwolf
2010-08-01, 12:34 PM
Thufir.... some people appear to want a Mad Science! 2....

Thufir
2010-08-01, 12:37 PM
Thufir.... some people appear to want a Mad Science! 2....

Yeah, and some people want a Hunting of the Snark 2, and some people will probably like my other ideas. I'll run them when I run them.

Lex-Kat
2010-08-01, 03:12 PM
Updated my lists. :smallsmile:

A list of all games that are in the archives/Schedule, in order from fewest players to most.

{table=head]Game|Narrator|Players|Game Start
Beast|Emperor Demonking|3 (I)|5Jun08
Shirts|Emperor Demonking|3 (I)|9May08
Harry Potter Mini-Game|Emperor Demonking|4 (I)|25Jul08
Five Player CYOR II|Jontom Xire|5 (I)|17Dec08
Five Player CYOR|Emperor Demonking|5 (I)|12Dec08
Dethy IV|Freshmeat|5 (I)|16Aug08
Dethy II|Emperor Demonking|5 (I)|19May08
Dethy|Emperor Demonking|5 (I)|1Apr08
Basic 11|Emperor Demonking|6|7May08
The One Artifact|Emperor Demonking|7 (I)|23Dec08
Smalltown II|Emperor Demonking|7|29Jul08
Sir Werewolf|Emperor Demonking|7 (I)|8Jul08
Assassin in the Palace|Emperor Demonking|7 (I)|31May08
Smalltown|Emperor Demonking|9|24May08
Tiny Werewolf|Skippy|10 (I)|29Jul10
Playground Squares WW: Trial Edition|Lex-kat|10 (I)|12Jul09
Hot Potatoes|Jontom Xire|12 (I)|24Mar10
Incarcerated|the Cyberwolf|13|11Jul10
Twin Village|Emperor Demonking|14|29Jul08
Percy Jackson WW|Lex-kat|15|18Jun10
Harry Potter: The Battle Against Voldemort|the Cyberwolf|15|17May10
Ultimate Kaos IV: We're Releasing On Time|Uncle Festy|15|6Sep09
Ultimate Kaos II: Attack of the Epileptic Koans!|Uncle Festy|15 (I)|18Sep08
Paranoia|Jontom Xire|15|12Dec06
Hot Potato 2|Jontom Xire|16|6Apr10
S.E.U. The nightmare begins...|Shadowcaller|16|21Oct08
Revolution!|Jontom Xire|16|19Apr07
Werewolf|DungeonMaster77|16|23Aug06
Batman Werewolf|Emperor Demonking|17|29Dec08
Ultimate Chaos!|Jontom Xire|17|7Jul08
Lord of the Rings WW- When the Cult Attacks|Ozgun92|18|19Jul10
OotS Werewolf|Paul Muad'dib|18|13Aug09
Team Fortress 2: Sudden Death|Fawkes|18 (I)|19Oct09
S.E.U. II: Ho Ho Horrors|Shadowcaller|18|18Dec08
Reverse Werewolf III|Sanity702|19|27Jun10
The Thing|Gardenphilosoph|19|11Feb10
Final Fantasy 7|Fan|19|3Jun09
DBZ|Dragoon|19|26May09
Schoolyard Werewolf|Istari|19|12Mar09
S.E.U. III: Dark Strains|Shadowcaller|19|28Feb09
Twin Village II|Emperor Demoking|19|29Nov08
Rebellion|Cobra Ikari|19|19Mar07
Paranoia mk II|Korith|19|13Jan07
Alien Invasion III|Castaras|20 (I)|27Jul10
Abhorsen WW 2! Chaos Rises|Deathslayer7|20|5Jul10
Bounty Hunters 2: Trial by Gunfire|RedScholarGypsy|20|15Jun10
Nehh's Craziness WW 1|Nehh|20|17May10
Cults WW: Cult of Kroy vs. Cult of the Sight|Random Person|20|3May10
Reverse Werewolf II|Sanity702|20|16Apr10
Custom WW I|Shadowcaller|20 (I)|3Apr10
Abhorsen's WW: The Beginning of the End|Deathslayer7|20|29Mar10
Blut und Boden|GardenPhilosoph|20|28Feb10
Reverse Werewolf|Sanity702|20|23Feb10
Simply Werewolf 3|Mordokai|20 (I)|13Oct09
Star Wars itp|Lex-kat|20 (I)|12Oct09
S.E.U. VI: Twinkle little star|Shadowcaller|20 (I)|4Oct09
S.E.U. 5: A Mother's Arms|Happyturtle|20 (I)|4Oct09
S.E.U. IV: The Terror|Shadowcaller|20 (I)|8Jul09
Hair of the Werewolf|Connor Darkdart|20|21Jun09
Simply Werewolf 2|Happyturtle|20 (I)|28Mar09
Rockstar|Raistlin1040|20|9Sep07
Infiltration|HyrumGraff|20|16Aug07
Mafia 2: Mass Intrigue|InaVegt|20|23Feb07
Fate/Stay Night III: Hey, we were in the game, too!|Trixie|21|1Jan10
Paranoia V|Kyouhen|21|31Oct09
Monster Mash II|Andre Fairchilde|21|31Oct09
Fate/Stay Night II: Unlimited Blade Wolfs|Trixie|21|1Sep09
Werewolf Classic Lite|Mordokai|21 (I)|20Feb09
Witches & Warlocks: How It All Started|Deathslayer7|21|15Dec08
StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga|Shadowcaller|21|3May08
Monster Mash III|Andre Fairchilde|22|9May10
Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Touch|Trixie|22|24Mar09
Assassins|Lex-kat|22|1Feb09
Judge Dredd, Dark goings on in Rich Burlew block|EvilDMMk3|22|8Dec08
Revolution IV: The Second Party|Akaziel|22|19Aug07
Revolution Mk II|Jontom Xire|22|5Jun07
Playground Squares: WW Edition|Reinholdt|23|22Mar10
Witches & Warlocks III: Welcome to Witchtopia!|Deathslayer7|23|14Dec09
Twist II|Emperor Demonking|23|17Oct08
Twist|Emperor Demonking|23|8Jun08
Hunting the Snark: Expedition to Snark Island|Thufir|24|2Jan10
Super Paper Werewolf|Duos|24|28Apr09
Rockstar II: The Rap Feud|Raistlin1040|24|20Oct07
Journies on the TARDIS|Korias|24|23Aug07
Alien Invasion|Castaras|24|22Apr07
Convoy II: The Cola Wars|Lex-kat|25 (I)|5Jul10
Camelot 0.5- Le Morte D'arthur|Lostlittlebear|25|10Mar10
S.E.U. VII: Sanity's Rest Hospital|Wolfbane|25|25Jan10
Convoy IV: Twisted Metal|Lex-kat|25|11Jan10
Civilizations 2: Attack from Mars|Szilard|25|31Jul09
Jack the Ripper|TwoBitWriter|25|16Apr09
Phantom of the Opera|ThePhantom|25|6Apr09
Ultimate Kaos III: In Soviet Russia, Kaos Ultimates YOU!|Uncle Festy|25|9Feb09
Mafia: Night of the Criminals|InaVegt|25|26Jan07
Harry Potter: The Evil that Befell Godric's Hollow|MOD|26|21Sep09
Civilization|Szilard|26|9Mar09
Stories of Kyou: The Facestealer|Shadowcaller|26|1Jul08
Girl Genius|Lord Iames Osari|26|25Mar08
Rebellion III, Reign of the Zombies|Zeb the Troll|26|9Jul07
Revolution III: Interesting Times in Technotopia|Pingcode20|26|8Jul07
Werewolf Classic|B-Man|26|7Dec06
Magic the Gathering: Planeshock|Duos|27|30Sep09
Mirrodin|Shadowcaller|27|16Nov08
Death Note|Dragoon|27|22Jul08
D & D Thieves' Guild|Deckmaster|27|10May07
ReBoot Werewolf: WARNING; INCOMING GAME|Hyozo|28|9Mar10
Kingdom Hearts|Supagoof|28|11Jan10
The Demons|Lamech|28|16Jul09
Warcraft: Reign of Chaos|Shadowcaller|28|26Nov09
Rockstar III: Let there be Rock|Raistlin1040|28|10Jan09
Animaniacs|PhantomFox|28|2Jan09
Black Iron Prison|Vampiric|28|6Oct08
TARDIS II: Hunt for the Doctor|Korias|28|12Nov07
Camelot 2: The Queen of Air and Darkness|Lostlittlebear|29|17Jul10
Invasion of the Zombies: Day of the Dead|Fawkes|29|18Jan10
Witches & Warlocks II: Double Double Toil and Trouble!|Deathslayer7|29|28Jun09
Lord of the Rings: The Journey Begins|Dallas-Dakota|29|30Dec08
Megaman X: Command Mission|Crimmy|29|13Mar08
Rebellion IV- Death of the Lich King|Zeb the Troll|29|7Feb08
Mad Science! WW|Thufir|30|10Jun10
Camelot WW 1: The Sword in the Stone|LostLittleBear|30|10May10
Magic: The Gathering- Duel of the Legends|Uncle Festy|30|8Mar10
Thursday Next|The Bookworm|30|17Aug09
Phantom of the Opera II|ThePhantom|30|20Jul09
Tales of Kyou II: The Darkness|Shadowcaller|30|7May09
Death Note 2|Dragoon|30|15Jan09
Spytrap|Jontom Xire|30|18Feb08
OotS: Memories Erased|Fin|30|5Dec07
Rebellion II|Cobra Ikari|30|29Apr07
Paranoia III|Kyouhen|31|10Jun09
Assassins II: Revenge of the Princess|Lex-kat|31|11May09
Grave Robbers 2: Skippy's Revenge|LadyMeyers|31|8Feb09
Fatbelly 4– Baron Banjo Brings Home the Bacon|Banjo1985|31|23Jun08
Stargate: Lost in Space|Doseki|31|26May08
INFECTION|Fayte Graydon|31|11Jan08
Empire II|Raistlin1040|31|9Jun07
Ye Olde West|Supagoof|31|17Apr07
Rome|Eldritch Knight|32|9Oct09
Sharn, the Broken City|Tired N' Drowzy|32|14Jun09
Higurashi: When the Cicadas Cry|Haruki-Kun|32|2Jun08
Discworld II– The Glorious Republic of Treacle Mine Road|Zar Peter|33|30Nov09
Bounty Hunters|RedScholarGypsy|33|12Oct09
Mafia V- The Maltese Falcon Returns|Joosbawx|33|22Aug07
Alien Invasion II|Purple gelatinous cube o' Doom|33|5Jul07
Pirates!!|Indurain|33|15Feb07
World of Darkness- The Seven|Banjo1985|34|13Apr09
Spytrap IV: Operation Market Garden|Mordokai|34|20Jan09
Cat Fight|Onasuma|34|24Nov08
Spytrap II: Desert Wolves|Jontom Xire|34|14Apr08
Werewolf Classic II|Lucky|34|6Jan07
Werewolf III|Weebl|34|2Nov06
Convoy VII: Interstating the Obvious|Atreyu the Masked Llama|35|4Oct08
Empire|Raistlin1040|35|16Mar07
Vampire III: Sunnydale Nights|Helgraf|36|2Nov09
Vampire II : The Carfax Contingency|Helgraf|36|31Mar08
Final Fantasy Advent Children: The Return of Sephiroth|Banjo1985|36|12Nov07
Spytrap III- Prisoners of War|Mordokai|37|31Jul08
The Fears of Pegasus Manor|Cristo Meyers|37|2Jun08
Ye Olde West II- The GOLD rush|Supagoof|37|5Sep07
Mafia III- The Maltese Falcon|Joosbawx|37|9Apr07
Werewolf VI|Death, your friend the Reaper|37|6Mar07
Assassins III: Taking Back the Throne|Lex-kat|38|24Aug09
Titans!|Supagoof|38|19May08
Nexus of the Future: Floating Dreams of Riches|Pwenet|38|15Dec07
Baldur's Gate: Deeper shadows of Amn|Mordokai|39|14May08
Final Fantasy Advent Children II: The Battle for Balamb Garden|Banjo1985|39|22Mar08
Pirates III- At Forum's End|Atreyu the Masked Llama|39|27Jun07
Werewolf II|Korith|39|19Sep06
Alchemists III|Haruki-Kun|40|2Jun09
Ravnica: City of Wolves|Uncle Festy|40|12Nov08
Final Fantasy Advent Children 3: Burmecia or Bust!|Banjo1985|40|21Sep08
Werewolf X- In The Midst Of A Battle|DarkLightDragon|40|10May08
Invasion of the Zombies|Pwenet|40|1Oct07
Pirates II: Never Never Land Cruise|Atreyu the Masked Llama|40|31Mar07
Fears 3: Full Circle|Cristo Meyers|41|14Sep09
The Thing- Original|FoE|41|28Jan08
Mafia IV- Star Wars|Andre Fairchilde|41|1Dec07
Werewolf Classic V|Zeb the Troll|41|7Oct07
Werewolf IV|Alarra|41|29Nov06
Spytrap V: The spy who scalped me!|Mordokai|42|11Feb10
Fears 2: Nightfall|Cristo Meyers|42|11Dec08
Vampire: Renfield's Masquerade|Helgraf|42|25Sep07
Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak|Dr. Bath|43|1Jul09
Werewolf Classic VIII: Archaeological Wolves|Zar Peter|43|26Nov08
Werewolf VIII|Tormskull|43|6Aug07
Werweolf Classic II, Mark II|Lucky|43|31Jan07
Fun House!|Zeb the Troll|44|17Nov08
Mafia VIII|Andre Fairchilde|44|26Sep08
A Dyscworlde WereWolfe: Dei In Machina|CurlyKitGirl|44|13Jan08
Werewolf Classic VI|DungeonMaster77|44|13Jan08
Werewolf Classic III|Blood|44|22Mar07
Werewolf Classic X- Chilled Blood Becomes Spilled Blood|Zar Peter|45|8Feb10
Ye Olde West IIII- A New Rope|Supagoof|45|24Nov09
Universal Smash Bros. 2: Villain's Revenge|PhantomFox|45|13Oct08
Universal Smash Bros.|PhantomFox|45|17Mar08
Alchemists|Haruki-Kun|45|29Oct07
Pirates V: Setting Sail|Atreyu the Masked Llama|46|27Apr10
Batman: Arkham Asylum|Opeth Freak|46|9Nov09
Mafia VI: Return of the Departed Emerald Dragon|Andre Fairchilde|46|3Feb08
Werewolf Classic IX: The New Moon Estate|Banjo1985|47|7Jul09
Llama, Llama, Duck 2: The Return of Insanity|Supagoof|47|1Apr09
Grave Robbers from Outer Space|LadyMeyers|47|27Oct08
Titans 2- Judgement Day|Supagoof|47|9Sep08
Werewolf Classic IV|DungeonMaster77|47|1May07
Mafia IX- St Valentines Massacre|Andre Fairchilde|48|7Feb09
Universal Smash Bros. 4: Brawl on!|PhantomFox|49|2Nov09
Universal Smash Bros. 3: Heroes' resurgance!|PhantomFox|49|1Mar09
Ye Olde West 3- Cowboy Bebop Edition|Supagoof|49|5Aug08
Camp Sleeps-A-Lot!|Smellie Hippie|49|17Aug07
Memesville II: Memes? In MY Structured?|Haruki-Kun|50|24Aug09
Monty Python and the Holy Grail|CurlyKitGirl|50|19Aug08
Pirates IV- Firefly Firefight!|Atreyu the Masked Llama|50|8Aug08
Alchemists II|Haruki-Kun|50|20Jan08
Werewolf VII|Gnome Barbarian|50|7May07
Titans 4! Salvation|Supagoof|52|26Jul10
Werewolf Classic XI: Origins|DungeonMaster77|52|20Apr10
Werewolf Classic VII: The Village|Zar Peter|52|30Aug08
Werewolf V|Deckmaster|52|9Jan07
Memesville|Haruki-Kun|53|9Nov08
Mafia VII|Andre Fairchilde|53|10May08
Llama, Llama, Duck 3: Orange Slayed the Rake|Supagoof|56|1Apr10
Titans 3! The Rise of Olympus|Supagoof|56|4Aug09
Camp Sleep S'more|Smellie Hippie|56|14Mar08
Werewolf IX: Hogwart's Havoc|Zeb the Troll|57|16Sep07
Mafia X|Andre Fairchilde|58|4Sep09
Llama, Llama, Duck |Supagoof|65|31Oct07
[/table]
(I) = Intentional

Note: This chart does not include Auto-Lynch replacements.

A list of all games that are in the archives/Schedule, in order from oldest latest. By when the game started playing, not recruiting.

{table=head]Game|Narrator|Players|Game Start
Werewolf|DungeonMaster77|16|23Aug06
Werewolf II|Korith|39|19Sep06
Werewolf III|Weebl|34|2Nov06
Werewolf IV|Alarra|41|29Nov06
Werewolf Classic|B-Man|26|7Dec06
Paranoia|Jontom Xire|15|12Dec06
Werewolf Classic II|Lucky|34|6Jan07
Werewolf V|Deckmaster|52|9Jan07
Paranoia mk II|Korith|19|13Jan07
Mafia: Night of the Criminals|InaVegt|25|26Jan07
Werweolf Classic II, Mark II|Lucky|43|31Jan07
Pirates!!|Indurain|33|15Feb07
Mafia 2: Mass Intrigue|InaVegt|20|23Feb07
Werewolf VI|Death, your friend the Reaper|37|6Mar07
Empire|Raistlin1040|35|16Mar07
Rebellion|Cobra Ikari|19|19Mar07
Werewolf Classic III|Blood|44|22Mar07
Pirates II: Never Never Land Cruise|Atreyu the Masked Llama|40|31Mar07
Mafia III- The Maltese Falcon|Joosbawx|37|9Apr07
Ye Olde West|Supagoof|31|17Apr07
Revolution!|Jontom Xire|16|19Apr07
Alien Invasion|Castaras|24|22Apr07
Rebellion II|Cobra Ikari|30|29Apr07
Werewolf Classic IV|DungeonMaster77|47|1May07
Werewolf VII|Gnome Barbarian|50|7May07
D & D Thieves' Guild|Deckmaster|27|10May07
Revolution Mk II|Jontom Xire|22|5Jun07
Empire II|Raistlin1040|31|9Jun07
Pirates III- At Forum's End|Atreyu the Masked Llama|39|27Jun07
Alien Invasion II|Purple gelatinous cube o' Doom|33|5Jul07
Revolution III: Interesting Times in Technotopia|Pingcode20|26|8Jul07
Rebellion III, Reign of the Zombies|Zeb the Troll|26|9Jul07
Werewolf VIII|Tormskull|43|6Aug07
Infiltration|HyrumGraff|20|16Aug07
Camp Sleeps-A-Lot!|Smellie Hippie|49|17Aug07
Revolution IV: The Second Party|Akaziel|22|19Aug07
Mafia V- The Maltese Falcon Returns|Joosbawx|33|22Aug07
Journies on the TARDIS|Korias|24|23Aug07
Ye Olde West II- The GOLD rush|Supagoof|37|5Sep07
Rockstar|Raistlin1040|20|9Sep07
Werewolf IX: Hogwart's Havoc|Zeb the Troll|57|16Sep07
Vampire: Renfield's Masquerade|Helgraf|42|25Sep07
Invasion of the Zombies|Pwenet|40|1Oct07
Werewolf Classic V|Zeb the Troll|41|7Oct07
Rockstar II: The Rap Feud|Raistlin1040|24|20Oct07
Alchemists|Haruki-Kun|45|29Oct07
Llama, Llama, Duck|Supagoof|65|31Oct07
Final Fantasy Advent Children: The Return of Sephiroth|Banjo1985|36|12Nov07
TARDIS II: Hunt for the Doctor|Korias|28|12Nov07
Mafia IV- Star Wars|Andre Fairchilde|41|1Dec07
OotS: Memories Erased|Fin|30|5Dec07
Nexus of the Future: Floating Dreams of Riches|Pwenet|38|15Dec07
INFECTION|Fayte Graydon|31|11Jan08
A Dyscworlde WereWolfe: Dei In Machina|CurlyKitGirl|44|13Jan08
Werewolf Classic VI|DungeonMaster77|44|13Jan08
Alchemists II|Haruki-Kun|50|20Jan08
The Thing- Original|FoE|41|28Jan08
Mafia VI: Return of the Departed Emerald Dragon|Andre Fairchilde|46|3Feb08
Rebellion IV- Death of the Lich King|Zeb the Troll|29|7Feb08
Spytrap|Jontom Xire|30|18Feb08
Megaman X: Command Mission|Crimmy|29|13Mar08
Camp Sleep S'more|Smellie Hippie|56|14Mar08
Universal Smash Bros.|PhantomFox|45|17Mar08
Final Fantasy Advent Children II: The Battle for Balamb Garden|Banjo1985|39|22Mar08
Girl Genius|Lord Iames Osari|26|25Mar08
Vampire II : The Carfax Contingency|Helgraf|36|31Mar08
Dethy|Emperor Demonking|5 (I)|1Apr08
Spytrap II: Desert Wolves|Jontom Xire|34|14Apr08
StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga|Shadowcaller|21|3May08
Basic 11|Emperor Demonking|6|7May08
Shirts|Emperor Demonking|3 (I)|9May08
Mafia VII|Andre Fairchilde|53|10May08
Werewolf X- In The Midst Of A Battle|DarkLightDragon|40|10May08
Baldur's Gate: Deeper shadows of Amn|Mordokai|39|14May08
Dethy II|Emperor Demonking|5 (I)|19May08
Titans!|Supagoof|38|19May08
Smalltown|Emperor Demonking|9|24May08
Stargate: Lost in Space|Doseki|31|26May08
Assassin in the Palace|Emperor Demonking|7 (I)|31May08
The Fears of Pegasus Manor|Cristo Meyers|37|2Jun08
Higurashi: When the Cicadas Cry|Haruki-Kun|32|2Jun08
Beast|Emperor Demonking|3 (I)|5Jun08
Twist|Emperor Demonking|23|8Jun08
Fatbelly 4– Baron Banjo Brings Home the Bacon|Banjo1985|31|23Jun08
Stories of Kyou: The Facestealer|Shadowcaller|26|1Jul08
Ultimate Chaos!|Jontom Xire|17|7Jul08
Sir Werewolf|Emperor Demonking|7 (I)|8Jul08
Death Note|Dragoon|27|22Jul08
Harry Potter Mini-Game|Emperor Demonking|4 (I)|25Jul08
Smalltown II|Emperor Demonking|7|29Jul08
Twin Village|Emperor Demonking|14|29Jul08
Spytrap III- Prisoners of War|Mordokai|37|31Jul08
Ye Olde West 3- Cowboy Bebop Edition|Supagoof|49|5Aug08
Pirates IV- Firefly Firefight!|Atreyu the Masked Llama|50|8Aug08
Dethy IV|Freshmeat|5 (I)|16Aug08
Monty Python and the Holy Grail|CurlyKitGirl|50|19Aug08
Werewolf Classic VII: The Village|Zar Peter|52|30Aug08
Titans 2- Judgement Day|Supagoof|47|9Sep08
Ultimate Kaos II: Attack of the Epileptic Koans!|Uncle Festy|15 (I)|18Sep08
Final Fantasy Advent Children 3: Burmecia or Bust!|Banjo1985|40|21Sep08
Mafia VIII|Andre Fairchilde|44|26Sep08
Convoy VII: Interstating the Obvious|Atreyu the Masked Llama|35|4Oct08
Black Iron Prison|Vampiric|28|6Oct08
Universal Smash Bros. 2: Villain's Revenge|PhantomFox|45|13Oct08
Twist II|Emperor Demonking|23|17Oct08
S.E.U. The nightmare begins...|Shadowcaller|16|21Oct08
Grave Robbers from Outer Space|LadyMeyers|47|27Oct08
Memesville|Haruki-Kun|53|9Nov08
Ravnica: City of Wolves|Uncle Festy|40|12Nov08
Mirrodin|Shadowcaller|27|16Nov08
Fun House!|Zeb the Troll|44|17Nov08
Cat Fight|Onasuma|34|24Nov08
Werewolf Classic VIII: Archaeological Wolves|Zar Peter|43|26Nov08
Twin Village II|Emperor Demoking|19|29Nov08
Judge Dredd, Dark goings on in Rich Burlew block|EvilDMMk3|22|8Dec08
Fears 2: Nightfall|Cristo Meyers|42|11Dec08
Five Player CYOR|Emperor Demonking|5 (I)|12Dec08
Witches & Warlocks: How It All Started|Deathslayer7|21|15Dec08
Five Player CYOR II|Jontom Xire|5 (I)|17Dec08
S.E.U. II: Ho Ho Horrors|Shadowcaller|18|18Dec08
The One Artifact|Emperor Demonking|7 (I)|23Dec08
Batman Werewolf|Emperor Demonking|17|29Dec08
Lord of the Rings: The Journey Begins|Dallas-Dakota|29|30Dec08
Animaniacs|PhantomFox|28|2Jan09
Rockstar III: Let there be Rock|Raistlin1040|28|10Jan09
Death Note 2|Dragoon|30|15Jan09
Spytrap IV: Operation Market Garden|Mordokai|34|20Jan09
Assassins|Lex-kat|22|1Feb09
Mafia IX- St Valentines Massacre|Andre Fairchilde|48|7Feb09
Grave Robbers 2: Skippy's Revenge|LadyMeyers|31|8Feb09
Ultimate Kaos III: In Soviet Russia, Kaos Ultimates YOU!|Uncle Festy|25|9Feb09
Werewolf Classic Lite|Mordokai|21 (I)|20Feb09
S.E.U. III: Dark Strains|Shadowcaller|19|28Feb09
Universal Smash Bros. 3: Heroes' resurgance!|PhantomFox|49|1Mar09
Civilization|Szilard|26|9Mar09
Schoolyard Werewolf|Istari|19|12Mar09
Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Touch|Trixie|22|24Mar09
Simply Werewolf 2|Happyturtle|20 (I)|28Mar09
Llama, Llama, Duck 2: The Return of Insanity|Supagoof|47|1Apr09
Phantom of the Opera|ThePhantom|25|6Apr09
World of Darkness- The Seven|Banjo1985|34|13Apr09
Jack the Ripper|TwoBitWriter|25|16Apr09
Super Paper Werewolf|Duos|24|28Apr09
Tales of Kyou II: The Darkness|Shadowcaller|30|7May09
Assassins II: Revenge of the Princess|Lex-kat|31|11May09
DBZ|Dragoon|19|26May09
Alchemists III|Haruki-Kun|40|2Jun09
Final Fantasy 7|Fan|19|3Jun09
Paranoia III|Kyouhen|31|10Jun09
Sharn, the Broken City|Tired N' Drowzy|32|14Jun09
Hair of the Werewolf|Connor Darkdart|20|21Jun09
Witches & Warlocks II: Double Double Toil and Trouble!|Deathslayer7|29|28Jun09
Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak|Dr. Bath|43|1Jul09
Werewolf Classic IX: The New Moon Estate|Banjo1985|47|7Jul09
S.E.U. IV: The Terror|Shadowcaller|20 (I)|8Jul09
Playground Squares WW: Trial Edition|Lex-kat|10 (I)|12Jul09
The Demons|Lamech|28|16Jul09
Phantom of the Opera II|ThePhantom|30|20Jul09
Civilizations 2: Attack from Mars|Szilard|25|31Jul09
Titans 3! The Rise of Olympus|Supagoof|56|4Aug09
OotS Werewolf|Paul Muad'dib|18|13Aug09
Thursday Next|The Bookworm|30|17Aug09
Assassins III: Taking Back the Throne|Lex-kat|38|24Aug09
Memesville II: Memes? In MY Structured?|Haruki-Kun|50|24Aug09
Fate/Stay Night II: Unlimited Blade Wolfs|Trixie|21|1Sep09
Mafia X|Andre Fairchilde|58|4Sep09
Fears 3: Full Circle|Cristo Meyers|41|14Sep09
Ultimate Kaos IV: We're Releasing On Time|Uncle Festy|15|6Sep09
Harry Potter: The Evil that Befell Godric's Hollow|MOD|26|21Sep09
Magic the Gathering: Planeshock|Duos|27|30Sep09
S.E.U. 5: A Mother's Arms|Happyturtle|20 (I)|4Oct09
S.E.U. VI: Twinkle little star|Shadowcaller|20 (I)|4Oct09
Rome|Eldritch Knight|32|9Oct09
Bounty Hunters|RedScholarGypsy|33|12Oct09
Star Wars itp|Lex-kat|20 (I)|12Oct09
Simply Werewolf 3|Mordokai|20 (I)|13Oct09
Team Fortress 2: Sudden Death|Fawkes|18 (I)|19Oct09
Monster Mash II|Andre Fairchilde|21|31Oct09
Paranoia V|Kyouhen|21|31Oct09
Universal Smash Bros. 4: Brawl on!|PhantomFox|49|2Nov09
Vampire III: Sunnydale Nights|Helgraf|36|2Nov09
Batman: Arkham Asylum|Opeth Freak|46|9Nov09
Ye Olde West IIII- A New Rope|Supagoof|45|24Nov09
Warcraft: Reign of Chaos|Shadowcaller|28|26Nov09
Discworld II– The Glorious Republic of Treacle Mine Road|Zar Peter|33|30Nov09
Witches & Warlocks III: Welcome to Witchtopia!|Deathslayer7|23|14Dec09
Fate/Stay Night III: Hey, we were in the game, too!|Trixie|21|1Jan10
Hunting the Snark: Expedition to Snark Island|Thufir|24|2Jan10
Convoy IV: Twisted Metal|Lex-kat|25|11Jan10
Kingdom Hearts|Supagoof|28|11Jan10
Invasion of the Zombies: Day of the Dead|Fawkes|29|18Jan10
S.E.U. VII: Sanity's Rest Hospital|Wolfbane|25|25Jan10
Werewolf Classic X- Chilled Blood Becomes Spilled Blood|Zar Peter|45|8Feb10
Spytrap V: The spy who scalped me!|Mordokai|42|11Feb10
The Thing|Gardenphilosoph|19|11Feb10
Reverse Werewolf|Sanity702|20|23Feb10
Blut und Boden|GardenPhilosoph|20|28Feb10
Magic: The Gathering- Duel of the Legends|Uncle Festy|30|8Mar10
ReBoot Werewolf: WARNING; INCOMING GAME|Hyozo|28|9Mar10
Camelot 0.5- Le Morte D'arthur|Lostlittlebear|25|10Mar10
Playground Squares: WW Edition|Reinholdt|23|22Mar10
Hot Potatoes|Jontom Xire|12 (I)|24Mar10
Abhorsen's WW: The Beginning of the End|Deathslayer7|20|29Mar10
Llama, Llama, Duck 3: Orange Slayed the Rake|Supagoof|56|1Apr10
Custom WW I|Shadowcaller|20 (I)|3Apr10
Hot Potato 2|Jontom Xire|16|6Apr10
Reverse Werewolf II|Sanity702|20|16Apr10
Werewolf Classic XI: Origins|DungeonMaster77|52|20Apr10
Pirates V: Setting Sail|Atreyu the Masked Llama|46|27Apr10
Cults WW: Cult of Kroy vs. Cult of the Sight|Random Person|20|3May10
Monster Mash III|Andre Fairchilde|22|9May10
Camelot WW 1: The Sword in the Stone|LostLittleBear|30|10May10
Harry Potter: The Battle Against Voldemort|the Cyberwolf|15|17May10
Nehh's Craziness WW 1|Nehh|20|17May10
Mad Science! WW|Thufir|30|10Jun10
Bounty Hunters 2: Trial by Gunfire|RedScholarGypsy|20|15Jun10
Percy Jackson WW|Lex-kat|15|18Jun10
Reverse Werewolf III|Sanity702|19|27Jun10
Convoy II: The Cola Wars|Lex-kat|25 (I)|5Jul10
Abhorsen WW 2! Chaos Rises|Deathslayer7|20|5Jul10
Incarcerated|the Cyberwolf|13|11Jul10
Camelot 2: The Queen of Air and Darkness|Lostlittlebear|29|17Jul10
Lord of the Rings WW- When the Cult Attacks|Ozgun92|18|19Jul10
Titans 4! Salvation|Supagoof|52|26Jul10
Alien Invasion III|Castaras|20 (I)|27Jul10
Tiny Werewolf|Skippy|10 (I)|29Jul10[/table]

Up to Tiny Werewolf. (I think I've got them all now. :smallsmile:)

Trixie
2010-08-01, 04:20 PM
How do you call narrator whose games atract less and less players with every iteration? :smallamused:

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 04:22 PM
Scary? :smalltongue:

Trixie
2010-08-01, 04:37 PM
I think you're looking at the wrong end of the spectrum, sister :smallamused:

Lex-Kat
2010-08-01, 09:22 PM
How do you call narrator whose games atract less and less players with every iteration? :smallamused:
I would say it depends on the Narrator.

If we are talking about you, and I think we are, I'd call it unfortunate. Unfortunate for all the other players who didn't participate in Fate/Stay Night II or III.

I also find it unfortunate for those players who don't listen to me when I tell them that Deathslayer 7 is a great narrator and that Abhorsen I & II is fun.

If you don't believe me about those games, ask Murska, Fleeing Coward, Elder Tsofu, Billtodamax, and the other 20 or so players who played in those games.

They were fun.

+++++++++++++

But you want something more, don't ya Trixie. You want me to explain why some people have a problem with you.

I like you. But I also see why others may not. You have a way of posting that comes off as condescending at times, even if that wasn't your intention. And that drives some people away.

And now those people are unwilling to back off, to give you a chance. Every post you make, they take offense. Even when, if the post was written by someone else, they wouldn't.

And they would never wish to play one of your games, for they might enjoy them and have to give you some kind of credit. :smalleek: Oh noes!!

On the other hand though, I think you should read your posts before submitting them. Ask yourself: If this was directed at me, would I be offended?" If the answer is yes, you may wish to rewrite the post to be less offensive.

I can only hope that this helps. :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-02, 12:42 AM
I'm in the market for a co-narrator for Rebellion V. Please PM me if you're interested.

lostlittlebear
2010-08-02, 09:40 AM
How much work would your co-narrator need to do?

Trixie
2010-08-02, 04:58 PM
http://fashionableblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail-1.jpg

Mankind always feels the need to find second and third meanings in my posts. Why.

</off before anyone finds it in this post, too. noofense, please.>

Lex-Kat
2010-08-02, 07:29 PM
*Hugs* Because I loves ya Trixie. And love hurts, or so they say. :smallbiggrin:

Raistlin1040
2010-08-02, 08:43 PM
So, I'm thinking of taking another stab at Rockstar. Rockstar IV may be coming to a theater near you sometime soon. However, in the past, games have been either far too in favor of the Rockstars, or far too in favor of their enemies. So if you've never played the game, or even if you have, here are the new and improved rules for Rockstar. Rule changes have been italicized.
Band Members: Rather than Masons and Villagers, Rockstar plays with Bands, a sort of combination. Each Band Member will be assigned a Name and a Band, but not start off knowing any other band members. Rockstar.

Band Leader: Band Leaders are the de facto leaders of their Band. They will also be given a Name and Band. Each night, a Band Leader has a recruitment ability. If they recruit someone who is a member of their Band, the two are introduced, and become Masons, in effect. Here's an example.

Player A is Mick Jagger, leader of the Rolling Stones, Player B is Ronnie Wood, Rolling Stones Member, and Player C is Robert Smith, Leader of The Cure. At night, Players A and C have their Night recruitment ability. Both players try to recruit B. As a Rolling Stone, Player A's recruitment suceeds, and both A and B are sent a PM telling them who each other is. Player C's recruitment fails and he is sent back a PM stating that it failed. Rockstar.

Jimi Hendrix (Seer): Jimi Hendrix, Rock Immortal, is the game's Seer. Each Night, he can consult with the Rock Gods to determine the role of another player in the mighty cosmic Purple Haze of the world...Or something like that. He will be given the player's Role, but NOT a name, if they have one. Rockstar. This role has been removed

Serj Tankian (Baner): As the former singer for System of a Down, and co-founder of the non-profit organization Axis of Justice, Serj Tankian is well verse din how to get around greedy corporate Execs. Each night, he can protect one player from being killed. Rockstar. As poor Serj didn't survive the last game, this role will be changed in flavor only.

The Dating Fans (Lovers): Poor Dating Fans. Just a pair of 20somethings who came to a rock concert together on a date, they find themselves mixed up in the madness that followed. They begin the game knowing each other, but one dies, so does the other. Rockstar.

The Roadie (Fool): The Roadie has been with Jimi since day one, fixing his guitars, hauling his amps, and driving the tour bus when the driver was passed out in a hotel room somewhere. Jimi gave him a few lessons one day, and the Roadie earned a shred of skill. Unfortunately, it all went to his head, and he decieved himself into thinking HE was the legendary Jimi Hendrix. He gets a scry each night, but the results are random. If he scries Jimi, he will see him as the Roadie. Rockstar. This role has been removed.

Execs (Wolves): The Execs have no souls. Determined to ruin the world of music by putting out generic, boring albums, they are the bane of all that is artistic. Each night the Execs will reach a consensus and send the narrators a PM detailing who they want to kill (Read: Kidnap, and force to make horrible pop albums until they're crazy, and have lost all talent). Exec. As the Execs lost the last game, the role of Wolf will be reflavored.

Sell-Out (Devil): The Sell-Out was in a popular 80s glam band back in the day, but since then, he's cut his hair, wiped off his makeup, and traded in his platform boots and leather for a suit and tie, in exchange for the big bucks at the corporation. Still, he's not stupid, and his key knowledge of the music industry gives him an edge as an Exec. Every night, he can use a bit of his smarts to figure out another player's role, but not their name or band. Exec. See above.

NOTE: If you find other members of your band, you are not allowed to reveal that you share a band in the game thread. Saying "I won't point at X because he's in my band" will get both of you killed by the Narrators. Don't do it please.

Win Conditions: The Rockstars win if all the Execs, including the Sell-Out are killed. The Execs win if their numbers, including the Sell-Out, equal the number of Rockstars.

Autolynches: I don't do them. I don't enjoy making lists of who's voted and who hasn't, so it's most likely they won't happen. If I can work something out with a Co-Narrator, it's possible they will happen, and I will inform you guys in the game thread. Either way, PLEASE only sign up if you actually intend to play.

As per most WereWolf games, days will last about 48 hours, and nights will last around 24 hours.
So, the major issue last time was that one band assembled in three nights, making them masons. Fine. However, this potential for recruitment, added to the Seer's ability to make networks, created a Supergroup (lolpun) that allowed the Rockstars to pick off the Execs at the end of the game, every day. Rockstar is also a game where the Rockstars have a pretty large numerical advantage, as I've usually had about 30 players, with 5 wolves and a Devil and then 24ish villagers. I figure leaving the Baner intact, as well as keeping all the bands and the Band Leader Recruit, makes it more balanced than it was. Thoughts?

Deathslayer7
2010-08-02, 09:57 PM
Bad becasue you essentially have a unlimted group of masons.

I would stress the rule no outing yourself out as a specific band. because someone is bound to do it, and when that happens it disadvantage wolves.

and threatening to kill both players is not the answer in my opinion.

other then that it looks good. find a way to enforce that rule though. or leave it up to the honor system.

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-02, 11:50 PM
How much work would your co-narrator need to do?Ideally, not very much. I'm looking for just a few things...

Be a secondary person to double check my vote counts and results.
Be a sounding board in case something comes up in game that needs adjudicating.
Be someone I can talk to about what's going on in the game, since it's often entertaining and fun to talk about. :smallcool:
Be available to back me up in case I can't get an update posted in a timely manner. (If you like to do the narrations, I won't tell you "no" to that either.)

Deathslayer7
2010-08-03, 01:20 AM
sanity702 asked me to inform you all that he is currently without a computer (so he will be using mine temporarily) until he can get a new one.

But that being said, he won't always be here and will have sporadic access to the internet. So try not to autolynch him in any games.

Raistlin1040
2010-08-03, 02:10 AM
Bad becasue you essentially have a unlimted group of masons.

I would stress the rule no outing yourself out as a specific band. because someone is bound to do it, and when that happens it disadvantage wolves.

and threatening to kill both players is not the answer in my opinion.

other then that it looks good. find a way to enforce that rule though. or leave it up to the honor system.
I don't know if you've played before or not (fuzzy memory), but the 'unlimited group of masons' isn't actually true. They don't start assembled, which gives them a very big issue to tackle. In the past, players have helped lynch their own bandmates without realizing it. The masons are strong because they're 5 or more players who know each other from the start. The bands are 4 or 5 people who have to hope one guy manages to find them all. It's a very different dynamic.

As for the other bit, I don't see what you'd suggest other than killing the players. "I'm Mick Jagger, and I'm not pointing at X, because he's Ronnie Wood." Well, okay, now you've outed yourself as a band leader, and the other members of the Stones autoassemble, if they just send PMs to you. Yes, the Wolves can do so as well, but that just gets too confusing.

Honestly, in all three incarnations of Rockstar, the bands have only been overpowered due to the seer (which has been removed), and and I believe the "I'm in X band" defense was used once, by a player who missed that rule. He was killed, as was the guy he was defending, and there was not a complaint from either of them to me.

Castaras
2010-08-03, 03:30 AM
I'd like to steal the 4th October slot for a currently undetermined game please. Probably Alien Invasion IV. Maybe.

Istari
2010-08-03, 09:04 AM
Can you defend a player by saying that they are in your band without specifically naming the band they're in?

The Cyberwolf
2010-08-03, 09:46 AM
I had this idea a while ago, about a GitP Railway WW. There was this whole thing about Team Good having tickets, and Team Bad were freeloaders. And two of the locomotives were No. 1 Roland and another was Alarra, the latter being a steam engine that ran on pudding and syrup instead of coal and water.

Anybody got an idea to expand on it?

EmeraldRose
2010-08-03, 02:46 PM
Per the discussion several pages ago:

There have been two Dr Who WWs. I don't recall either of them actually ending, rather sort of just...stopping...

It'd be nice to have someone run it again, maybe? It'd give me a chance to use my avvie Cassie made way back when...

Thufir
2010-08-03, 03:36 PM
Per the discussion several pages ago:

There have been two Dr Who WWs. I don't recall either of them actually ending, rather sort of just...stopping...

It'd be nice to have someone run it again, maybe? It'd give me a chance to use my avvie Cassie made way back when...

I know, I took a look at them. If I run a Doctor Who themed WW, it won't be quite like that, so I'll be making it a separate game series.

Raistlin1040
2010-08-03, 04:11 PM
Can you defend a player by saying that they are in your band without specifically naming the band they're in?
No. This game runs on a no role-claiming policy. That might be subject to change, but the fear is that is the bands managed to assemble and could organize as bands in the open, we might have a situation where Bands A, B, and C are villagers, and "Band" D is Wolves. D has to form together to avoid looking suspicious, and someone from B is lynched. Someone from A is nightkilled. Someone from D is lynched. So on. Even if the wolves kill off one band at a time, someone will realize "Hey, they're the only ones who haven't died to prove their role". Yes, it's probably unlikely, but removing the ability to say "X, Y, Z and I are a band" makes it impossible.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-03, 06:01 PM
Abhorsen II has ended with a Victory for the Wolves! :smallsmile:

VampireRot
2010-08-03, 11:04 PM
This stuff looks interestingly awesome. Perhaps I may join a game. You have been warned. *Lightning crackles*

Strategos
2010-08-04, 12:18 AM
Well, several pages back there was some discussion about running a game without a Seer or Devil and nerfing the Baner. I was thinking of running such a game soon and would like some feedback to the Baner nerf and to see if there is anything else I've forgotten. I'll be looking for twenty players when I start.

Dark World Incursion (A Seerless Werewolf game)

Dark World Fiends:
Gren, Tactician of Dark World – Appointed by the Mad King himself to lead the incursion force, you have hand chosen your team for maximum effectiveness. None shall stand in your way. Alpha Wolf: Gren chooses his team of wolves at the start of the game.

Broww, Huntsman of Dark World, Kahkki, Guerrilla of Dark World and Scarr, Scout of Dark World - Loyal servants of the Mad King, you three have been tasked with being the incursion force led by Gren. Weaken the forces of Tsurugi by infiltrating the kingdom and eliminate them, one by one. Wolves

Kingdom of Tsurugi:
Citizen – You are just a regular citizen trying to survive the coming chaos. The Dark World Incursion Force has infiltrated your kingdom, and you’ll have to root them out by any means possible Villagers

Jack’s Knight, Queen’s Knight & King’s Knight - The three of you have been working with each other for many years, together you have faced down many threats to the kingdom. You know you can trust each other, something that may be rare in the coming days. Masons

Zombyra the Dark - As a superhero you wish to protect the citizens of Tsurugi from the Dark World menace. Unfortunately, due to a powerful curse you find it difficult to keep a constant vigil as your strength begins to wane.
Baner-ish: During the Night Phase Zombyra can select one person to Protect from being killed by the Dark World Fiends. If Zombyra protects the same person two nights in a row this ability only has a 75% chance of success. If Zombyra protects the same person three nights in a row it only has a 50% chance of success. If Zombyra protects someone four or more nights in a row it only has a 25% chance of success.

Princess of Tsurugi - As princess, and heir to the throne of Tsurugi, you are used to getting your every whim catered to and have the authority to make sure you get your way. Mayor: The Princess of Tsurugi’s point counts as two points.

Other Rules:
The Kingdom of Tsurugi wins if they eliminate all the Dark World Fiends.
The Dark World Fiends win if the Kingdom of Tsurugi is reduced to the number of surviving Fiends.
The 25% lynch rule will be in effect.
Auto-lynches will take place after 2 consecutive missed day phases.
Helgraf's scry interference rule is not in effect. :smallwink:

billtodamax
2010-08-04, 01:41 AM
I'm liking the baner nerf.

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-04, 01:56 AM
I too, like the baner change, though I don't really see it as a nerf so much as a way to change the normal "protect me until the seer finds me" way of doing things without going full out "careless baner" mode (which, actually still suffers the same standard playstyle, except it's "protect friend" instead of "protect me").

Raistlin1040
2010-08-04, 02:19 AM
Hm, I might steal that rule for Rockstar IV, actually >.>

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-05, 04:11 AM
Just letting ya know that I'l be gone from today to sunday evening or till monday.

Tasroth
2010-08-05, 07:29 AM
Can I reserve the next available schedule slot (Oct 18, I believe). I've got an idea for a game I'd like to run. I'll say more at some point.

Supagoof
2010-08-05, 12:51 PM
That ruleset is win IMO Strategos. Love the Baner concept.

Skippy
2010-08-05, 03:13 PM
Tiny Werewolf is over, after only four days. Mostly due to wolf errors, but anyway. Another win for team villagers. Congratulations!

Maybe I'd like to give it another shot, since I don't think the experiment worked as it should have...

Helgraf
2010-08-05, 08:41 PM
That ruleset is win IMO Strategos. Love the Baner concept.

Hmm, yes. I can steal this mechanic.

*Yoink*

*hides it in the Vampire IV: Title to be Determined Vault*

Uncle Festy
2010-08-06, 03:48 AM
Tiny Werewolf is over, after only four days. Mostly due to wolf errors, but anyway. Another win for team villagers. Congratulations!

Maybe I'd like to give it another shot, since I don't think the experiment worked as it should have...

Yeah, partially my bad for being inactive. ;_;
Anyways I'll be back at full capacity sometime Sunday! Hooray! So hopefully Ravnica II will start for real next week.

Helgraf
2010-08-06, 12:46 PM
Slot me into the October 25th slot for Vampire IV.

More details to follow.

VampireRot
2010-08-06, 12:53 PM
Vampire you say? That sounds like the type of game I could win. :smallwink:

And by win I mean get lynched on day 1 for my name, then turn out to be the seer. Muahahahaha.

Thufir
2010-08-06, 12:58 PM
OK, big open question:

When someone (Who may or may not be me) runs the next Classic, should they use the standard ruleset which was being used, or DM77's no PMs version?

Mustiado
2010-08-06, 02:21 PM
Yeah, partially my bad for being inactive. ;_;
Anyways I'll be back at full capacity sometime Sunday! Hooray! So hopefully Ravnica II will start for real next week.

*point*

BWHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*gasp*

AHAHAHAHAHA.

Also, did you get my PM Festy?

Lex-Kat
2010-08-06, 08:30 PM
OK, big open question:

When someone (Who may or may not be me) runs the next Classic, should they use the standard ruleset which was being used, or DM77's no PMs version?
I would say it is up to "Someone", but if they do try for another No PM game, they change the rules so that the Devil can get in contact with the wolves.

Having just played Werewolf live for the third time ever, and having a Sorceress (Devil) in the last two games, I have to say that Live should be treated as completely different than PbP Werewolf.

But that is just my opinion.

Istari
2010-08-07, 07:57 AM
I'm going to be away for a week, please don't autolynch me

The Cyberwolf
2010-08-07, 01:11 PM
Thufir, I posted some links to Portal 2 info vids in Mad Science!

And Incarcerated has ended in a very close win for Team Good.

Wizibirb
2010-08-07, 01:47 PM
Can I please have 4 more players for MTG-battle for alara (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159820&page=2)?

Please? that way I can start up the game? If I do not have 4 more players within a week I will be retiering the game for a latter date.

Dr. Bath
2010-08-07, 03:00 PM
Rockstar was fun before, but the no role claiming rule really needs to exist. Also I'm thinking that band sizes need to vary a fair bit (bands of 2, 3 AND 4 should exist) to give the wolves a chance to hide. It might be a good idea to do something like inform the wolves of which bands are participating so they have a bit of a head start on tricking villagers? Not sure on this one, but could be interesting.

I'm really interested in playing again (the last one I played was great, if a little unbalanced), so if you'd please drop me a reminder, that would be great; otherwise I'll forget to check. Don't sweat it though.

Internet Flea
2010-08-07, 03:04 PM
Not sure how gamebreaking it would be, but you could always just spread the wolves among the existing bands. They all know each other, but they can't all be identified by mere band unity.

Dr. Bath
2010-08-07, 03:09 PM
Wouldn't that just spoil the point of the bands since they'd all have a mole?

Maybe a wolf role of impersonator would be interesting.

If scried by a band leader, the leader is told they are a random (currently unfound??) member of the band. The impersonator is told who they were scried as. Works once?

Might tip the balance too far in the favour of the wolves though.

Raistlin1040
2010-08-07, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I want to keep it simple this time. Mixed band size and no roleclaiming, right. The Devil role will be basically superfluous without a Seer, so I'm thinking one of three options.

A) Eliminate the Role
B) Expand the role to see Baner, Dating Fan, Band Member, Band Leader (Any Band Member, including the Leader, was just returned as a Rockstar)
C) Leave it with just Baner, Dating Fan, and Rockstar

Dr. Bath
2010-08-07, 03:33 PM
It's up to whether you think the wolves are over or underpowered (or about right)

I would say add add the band member/band leader differentiation as that gives the wolves a tiny tactical advantage they might need. Then again, can lead to virtually no masons if the leaders are caught before building the band.

Lex-Kat
2010-08-07, 11:20 PM
Just in case anyone missed it. :smallfrown:

Can I please have 4 more players for MTG-battle for alara (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159820&page=2)?

Please? that way I can start up the game? If I do not have 4 more players within a week I will be retiering the game for a latter date.

Helgraf
2010-08-08, 12:35 AM
So, the major issue last time was that one band assembled in three nights, making them masons. Fine. However, this potential for recruitment, added to the Seer's ability to make networks, created a Supergroup (lolpun) that allowed the Rockstars to pick off the Execs at the end of the game, every day. Rockstar is also a game where the Rockstars have a pretty large numerical advantage, as I've usually had about 30 players, with 5 wolves and a Devil and then 24ish villagers. I figure leaving the Baner intact, as well as keeping all the bands and the Band Leader Recruit, makes it more balanced than it was. Thoughts?

Look, you set up my team as me, Happyturtle, Rabbitholelost, and Shadow. If that was a random team assignment, I'll eat my hat. It was practically inevitable as I like HT and RHL and fear Shadow that I'd scry them early. That's not my fault or a weakness of how you set up the game. Now, the Seer / unbeatable network issue, that's a more solid issue to tackle, but you seem to have that well in hand.

Raistlin1040
2010-08-08, 12:47 AM
It was actually fairly random. I put Rabbit in that band intentionally, and the rest of you were rolled for. I think the generation system I used at the time, Korith's old spreadsheet not being available, was that I went down the list and rolled a d6. 1 was a band, 2 was a different band, etc, 5 was wolf, 6 was other, and there were X amount of spots. The only thing I purposefully manipulated was that I rolled for Band Leader, and it initially came up with Rabbit. Being that she was inexperienced with the game, I flipped a coin between you and Shadow for the spot. I know that it doesn't seem very believable, but honestly, that's what I did.

I HAVE fixed roles before when it was super unbalanced, but your group was not fixed.

Lamech
2010-08-08, 02:02 PM
Hey can I have the next november slot for Demons II? I promise at least 50% more balance.

Irbis
2010-08-08, 02:50 PM
Wasn't that the one with the role that allowed Murska's effortless win? :P

Murska
2010-08-08, 03:03 PM
Hey, it sure wasn't effortless.

The Cyberwolf
2010-08-08, 03:04 PM
An away notice: From the 9th to the 12th, I don't have guaranteed internet access. In case I don't have internet, please don't abduct or lynch me. Or AL me. 'Cos that would make me mad.

Irbis
2010-08-08, 03:23 PM
Hey, it sure wasn't effortless.

Ok, you expended a tiny amount of effort, then :smalltongue:

Murska
2010-08-08, 04:18 PM
Well I did lead the lynch a few days and networked all the neutrals. And kept myself from being lynched despite claiming to scry as a wolf on day one. :smalltongue:

HypoSoc
2010-08-08, 08:10 PM
I'm interesting in running a werewolf variation based on werewolf recruitment coinciding with night kills and the lack of knowledge on the individuals part of whether they are a werewolf or not. How should I get started, by listing the specifics here or in its own forum?

Shadow
2010-08-08, 08:41 PM
I'm interesting in running a werewolf variation based on werewolf recruitment coinciding with night kills and the lack of knowledge on the individuals part of whether they are a werewolf or not. How should I get started, by listing the specifics here or in its own forum?

First, I'd like to know how the players will have any fun if they don't even know their roles. And how would one go about killing/recruiting if the don't even know they're a wolf?
We'd need to see some details before we could give honest feedback.

HypoSoc
2010-08-08, 08:43 PM
It is more complicated than that, should I post how it works here?

happyturtle
2010-08-08, 08:44 PM
Yes. This is the perfect place.

HypoSoc
2010-08-08, 09:49 PM
Spoilering it so it doesn't take up space:

Nightmare
A Werewolf Variant

The classic scenario of Werewolves vs. Villagers is revised by putting more power in the individual, less trust in the group, and more uncertainty and distrust into the equation. One lead werewolf, the Nightmare, has disguised itself as a villager in order to reestablish its preying methods. Each night, it attempts to lower the forces of the villagers by infecting their subconscious with its control. Individual villagers are not told when they are converted, and may not realize that they are killing their loved ones. The game ends when the last infected person is killed, or when the infected outnumber the villagers.

Villagers

Villager: The basic and most common player. Each day, the villagers try to lynch the infected as a group, but at night, they work alone, trying to survive. Each night, villagers may choose to spy, attack, or sleep. As it is tiring to stay up night after night, they must rest at least every other night. To win, villagers have to survive until all infected are killed. Dead villagers can't win.

Hunter: The one and only manly man of the village. Each day, he votes among the villagers to root out the infected, but at night he works tirelessly to eliminate all threats to the village. He is too impatient to spy, but he can attack, hunt, and sleep. The hunter only needs to sleep once every three nights, as he is energetic. The hunter is immune to infection and wins by surviving until all infected are eliminated. Knows they are the hunter.

Infected

Infected: A poor soul of a villager who is possessed in his sleep. Every time he sleeps people might die. They are not informed of their infection and it takes outside help to learn so. To win, they must survive until infected outnumber villagers. They act as regular villagers, and a few are at the start of the game.

Seeded: A specially selected infected, the Seeded is the next incarnation of the Nightmare should it die. They act like normal Infected, but when spied upon, they show up as a villager. If the Nightmare is killed, they are informed and take the role. Wins if she survives until the infected outnumber the villagers. The game starts with one and only one can exist at a time.

Nightmare: The incarnation of evil, the nightmare attempts to infect enough villagers to make it safe to feed. The nightmare knows all the infected and will hide itself as a villager to create confusion in the lynching process. At night, it may infect, seed, lead, or sleep. Sleep is not required for the Nightmare, except on the night after an attempted infection. The Nightmare wins if any Nightmare survives until the infected outnumber the villagers. When spied, shows as a villager. The Nightmare is informed about his position. Only one Nightmare is present at a time.

Neutral

Cursed: Cursed by a gypsy at a young age, this poor man turns into a harmless dog when he sleeps, sometimes eating a sheep or two. With the frenzy of killing werewolves, it is unlikely he will survive, though werewolves do ignore him. The Cursed can't be infected or night killed by the werewolves. Wins by surviving to any end and having the Hunter not survive. When spied, shows as an infected. There is only one and he is informed. Has villager night actions.

Ghosts: The dead have a tendency to come back in this village, but people usually ignore them. When a person is killed they can pm the narrator to become a ghost. Ghosts can't point during lynches or be killed, but can scry each night. They are encouraged to share the information, but be weary of trusting them, as they have secret, individual win conditions to be sent by PM. Special abilities for ghosts might also be sent via PM.

Actions

Lynch (Daily): All but the ghosts must point at a person to lynch each day. Person with most votes is killed and position is revealed.

Night Kill (Automatic): Each night when 50% or more of the infected (not counting the Nightmare) are asleep, one non-infected, non-cursed person is chosen to be night killed. It takes a 75% majority if the hunter is randomly chosen. Reveals position if it works.

Sleep (All but Ghosts): Required every certain interval. Default if no PM is given.

Spy (Villagers, Infected, Seeded, Cursed): Each person may chose a person to keep watch on for the night. If that person is asleep, the spy will be told whether the person is infected or not. The seeded and the Nightmare show up as not infected.

Attack (Villagers, Hunter, Infected, Seeded, Cursed): You may select a target to attack in the night. If three or more people select the same person, the person has a 50% chance to be killed, unless they are the seeded or the Nightmare. The hunter counts as two people when attacking. They are not told why they fail. Success reveals position.

Hunt (Hunter only): The hunter may select a target to stalk and kill. If the victim is a villager or the cursed it has a 70% chance of killing them. It has a 50% chance of killing infected, a 25% chance of killing seeded, and 15% chance of killing the Nightmare. Reveals position if it works. Sleep is automatically applied the next night.

Infect (Nightmare only): The Nightmare may turn one sleeping person into an infected. People are told if an infection takes effect. Sleep is automatically applied the next night.

Seed (Nightmare only): One chosen Infected becomes a Seeded. The other Seeded (if any) dies immediately.

Lead (Nightmare only): Instead of the Night Kill picking someone at random, the Nightmare may choose who dies. Only 30% of the Infected are required to be asleep, except for the Hunter who needs 50%.

Scry (Ghosts only): Reveals specific position, whether they are asleep or not.

Actions are resolved in this order: Sleep, Scry/Spy, Infect, Attack/Hunt, Seed, Lead/Night Kill.

Murska
2010-08-08, 11:45 PM
Nightmare recruitment needs a cooldown.

1% chance of the Hunter succeeding at killing the Nightmare is pretty sad. I'd go with 25% chance of killing the Seeded and 15% chance of killing the Nightmare or something.

Cursed needs a different win condition to prevent day-one roleclaim.

Castaras
2010-08-09, 04:22 AM
I am intrigued by the ghost idea.

Shadow
2010-08-09, 05:01 AM
If I may be frank, there are just too many ifs/ands/whats/maybes for a game where you don't even know your true role.
The only person who will have any idea what's going on is the Nightmare.

My first instincts may be wrong, but I really don't think I'd enjoy that very much personally. It's basically a crap shoot. If the villagers get lucky in the first few nights, they'll win. If they're unlucky for the first few nights, their chances of a victory become exponentially smaller with each passing night.

But maybe that's a good thing, because you don't even know which side you're playing for....
Basically, in a game where no one can be certain of their own role, every day will be comprised of random "day 1" lynches. You don't know who you're lynching, and you don't care, as long as it isn't you. You don't care who gets lynched because you don't know whether you're helping your team win or not. You don't know who's on your side, so as long as it isn't you being lynched.... who cares.
Each day will be a race to start a bandwagon against someone, anyone, as long as it isn't you.

Doesn't really feel like my kind of game, but others may enjoy it immensely.

HypoSoc
2010-08-09, 10:05 AM
My idea was that with everyone able to spy, people would make deals to scry with each other, as in, you sleep I spy this night, and next night I sleep you spy. If the results are the same, then they think they can risk trusting each other. Also with more ghosts being added as the game progresses, total knowledge is increased.

If you are wondering what I meant by secret win conditions for ghosts, they might be: "Get the Nightmare destroyed by killing the Seeded then the Nightmare" or "Get the Hunter to be lynched with most lynchers being villagers" or "Make sure less than 3 people survive until the end."

Uncle Festy
2010-08-09, 10:40 AM
*point*

BWHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*gasp*

AHAHAHAHAHA.

Also, did you get my PM Festy?

My reputation precedes me, it seems. :smallredface::smallwink:
Also yes.

Shadow
2010-08-09, 04:02 PM
My idea was that with everyone able to spy, people would make deals to scry with each other, as in, you sleep I spy this night, and next night I sleep you spy. If the results are the same, then they think they can risk trusting each other. Also with more ghosts being added as the game progresses, total knowledge is increased.

If you are wondering what I meant by secret win conditions for ghosts, they might be: "Get the Nightmare destroyed by killing the Seeded then the Nightmare" or "Get the Hunter to be lynched with most lynchers being villagers" or "Make sure less than 3 people survive until the end."

But pairing up or trusting the ghosts id a bad idea.
You can't trust a single word that anyone says, and you can't defend yourself from anyone's accusations (because I'm assuming you can't spy on yourself).
If you don't know your own goals, what good does it to to form an alliance with someone to share information? You don't even know WHICH information you should be sharing!

Hypothetically, you could form an alliance with someone, then spend your time rooting out the Infected. You could do a great job of it. You could crush the Infected, only to find out at the end that you're one of them, and that you should have never done that to begin with.

Like I said, not my kind of game. When doing everything perfectly can cause you to lose, there's an inherent flaw as far as I'm concerned.

The Ender
2010-08-10, 06:51 AM
I was interested in running s small (20 player) WW game. What would be the proper protocol to follow?

Castaras
2010-08-10, 07:00 AM
I was interested in running s small (20 player) WW game. What would be the proper protocol to follow?

Check the rules with WW central, then post it. 20 player games need no scheduling.

The Ender
2010-08-10, 07:06 AM
Cool. Thanks! :smallcool:

Strategos
2010-08-11, 04:09 AM
Dark World Incursion has been submitted for moderator approval.

Let's see how a game without a seer goes shall we?

The Ender
2010-08-11, 10:18 AM
Under a Grinning Moon has been submitted for moderator approval as well.

Helgraf
2010-08-11, 08:45 PM
Hmmm. Was thinking about the role fluff assigned to Baner in a lot of games. They're often portrayed as the sort who takes the battle to the enemy even though their ability is purely defensive in nature.

Would a baner that killed one of the attackers of his mark be broken in a game with killer types on both sides of the fence?

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-12, 06:18 PM
Hmmm, a baner that can take three shots protecting somebody before being killed.(Note: If he is targeted while protecting somebody else, he'l be killed normally)
Weird pop-up thought.

But on sadder note, my intership and RL have crept up on me and I'm sad but I'mma have to request to scrape LotR II off the schedule...

Castaras
2010-08-13, 02:05 AM
To the games I forget to post in:

AFK for a week, from 14th to 21st. Will be on holiday with (almost certainly, knowing the lake district) no internet connection.

lostlittlebear
2010-08-13, 10:25 AM
Due to my sudden realization Sept 13 is one week before my exams, I'd like to request for a swap of Camelot 3 with another game if anyone is willing. (Preferably late Oct/early Nov)

Lex-Kat
2010-08-13, 11:41 AM
I'll trade with ya, LLB. I have Nov. 1st.

Thufir
2010-08-14, 10:36 AM
Then we have an accord?

The Bushranger
2010-08-14, 12:29 PM
Yes. Yes you do.
http://www.theautochannel.com/media/photos/honda/1998/98_honda_accord_lx_sedan.jpg
:smalltongue:

Istari
2010-08-14, 03:58 PM
Submitted Schoolyard, for recruiting to start

Lex-Kat
2010-08-14, 06:17 PM
And look, it's a new Accord and everything. :smallsmile:

LLB seems to have had a family emergency (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9135305&postcount=83), so if you're waiting for him to agree to the switch, it may be a while. :smallfrown:

Fortuna
2010-08-14, 07:11 PM
Sorry about this, but can I delay starting Ghosts until a week from now? I didn't get the recruiting thread up in time. Won't happen again.

billtodamax
2010-08-14, 07:29 PM
It's fine to delay recruitment until you get enough.

Heroic
2010-08-15, 08:54 PM
I am planning on doing a series of WW games based on the videogames I've played recently (ME, ME2, Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, etc) when is the next date available for a game like this?

P.D. I'll probably start with the ME game.

lostlittlebear
2010-08-16, 08:17 AM
Then we have an accord?

Indeed. Thanks much Lexie!

Diva De
2010-08-17, 09:32 AM
Has someone done a Marvel/X-Men WW game? It seems like someone MUST have. What about Futurama? I'd be interested in running either of those, of someone would be willing to co-narrate since I'm starting school next week.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-08-17, 02:25 PM
Has someone done a Marvel/X-Men WW game? It seems like someone MUST have. What about Futurama? I'd be interested in running either of those, of someone would be willing to co-narrate since I'm starting school next week.

I don't recall either of those themes being used. It would make a good WW game, I think. As long as you don't use Civil War for the premise. SHOCK, I hated that series.

Hmmmm....whatever happened to that idea for a Darkwing Duck game? I was curious if anyone ever came up with an interesting Darkwing twist for it.

Diva De
2010-08-17, 02:29 PM
So...how does the process work? I need a co-narrator and to come up with roles. DO I work all that up first and then put in a request, or do it here, or what?

First-time runner.

Wizibirb
2010-08-17, 02:43 PM
I think you can either ask around and find a co-narrator then with their help write up the rules, I know thats what death and I do sometimes.

Or

You can write up the rules post it here and ask for a co-narrator then. Its all preference.

And just curious has anyone heard from Uncle Festy? I'm beginning to think he disappeared.

Lex-Kat
2010-08-17, 07:26 PM
*Raises hand and waves it anxiously*

I'll co-narrate!! Me, me. Choose me! Over here!! Meeeee!!!

The Bushranger
2010-08-17, 07:52 PM
Hmmmm....whatever happened to that idea for a Darkwing Duck game? I was curious if anyone ever came up with an interesting Darkwing twist for it.

We figured out what the roles should be. Somebody more creative than me would have to come up with the twist, though. (Gas gun attacks?)

cd4
2010-08-18, 08:06 AM
Actually I have been working on a X-men game of WW for quite some time. Do I post it here or send it to you to look over?

Supagoof
2010-08-18, 09:15 AM
I'd like to reserve the space of November 15th for Kingdom Hearts II.

Murska
2010-08-18, 11:35 AM
I've had some communication problems with Bill, which has delayed the recruitment start a bit. However, that might just be a good thing considering the ton of games recruiting and starting right about now. We will need plenty of players, after all.

I wrote a short and not very good fluff scene.

The quiet afternoon in one of the cleaner areas of the city, a few pedestrians passing by on their business. Children are playing and laughing amongst the buildings. Then, the idyllic mood is shattered by the loud rumbling of motors approaching quickly along the street, accompanied by the constant thumping of loud bass music. The pedestrians vanish from the street and mothers quickly usher their kids back inside as two open-topped cars painted in red flames arrive. They stop next to a building, diagonally blocking the street, as one of the men inside grabs a loudspeaker and shouts:
"This is a message from the Red Flames." Then he lifts a large assault rifle, while his companions lift submachineguns and pistols. Soon a hailstorm of gunfire is launched at the silent house in the street.

Inside the building, life seems grand. Luxurious carpets, tapestries and paintings, quiet music sounding from somewhere. In a large and lavish meeting room, three men in black suits are sitting in large armchairs over a table, alcohol in glasses forgotten as they examine a stack of papers and talk to each other with quiet voices. They hear the shout from outside, and as the following gunfire starts they stand up, walk out of the room and to a nearby cabinet and grab their weapons. One of the men, the youngest, heads to one of the windows overlooking the street outside, clutching his submachinegun. Meanwhile the oldest man grabs a phone, and curses as he notices the line has been cut. He motions to the other man and they head towards the back of the building, intent on escaping.

Sparse but accurate bursts of gunfire from the windows of the house have cut down two of the men in the cars, and the others have jumped off and taken cover. However, after a moment it becomes apparent that there's no more response from the house. They cheer, running inside.

Behind the house, the escaping men exit a small side-street only to run into another gang vehicle, parked on the street and with four men taking cover behind it. The younger man pushes the older back into the alley and takes cover behind a large trash container. He raises his pistol and shoots a few times, accurate fire killing one of the gang members. However, the return fire is very heavy. After a moment, there's a brief pause in the gunfire. He stands up from behind the container, shooting towards the Red Flames car. One of the gang members catches him in the chest with a high-powered pistol, and he falls to the ground. Cheering, the three remaining gangsters run up. "Got him! Right in the chest!"

"Not quite." The man on the ground wheezes and moves, bulletproof vest showing from the remains of the suit. He shoots before the gang members can react, killing one of them instantly and hitting another in the leg, the poor man collapsing in the street. The third one splatters his head with a shotgun blast. However, too late they realize to look at the alley entrance. The last man there is gone.

Meanwhile, a single person is standing in a window of a building opposite the road. He's not wielding a firearm, and he can see the screams of the dying around, of innocents caught in the crossfire. He can see the body of a small girl lying in a pool of blood. He can imagine the reactions of the survivors, treating the wounded and burying the dead, continuing on with their lifes however fragile they might seem. He sighs, shaking his head, and turns back into the room. "This has gone on for too long..."

Presenting... Metropolitan Mayhem, AKA The City

Setting:
The city has long been run by the powerful mafia families, who've been content to rake in the profit while in complete control of the corrupted public offices. However, these families are very exclusive and hard on any freelancers. Lately, ethnic minorities and disgruntled youth have begun forming gangs of their own, fighting against the Mafia rule. Rumours indicate they're being supplied by some powerful outside interest, and while less organized, they've been able to strike some vicious blows at the Mafia, who've been sluggish to wake from their comfortable slumber.

However, certain private citizens who just want to live their lifes in peace have had enough of crime rule, fighting on the street, protection rackets and the like. They've decided to take this opportunity to take matters in their own hands, since the city's law enforcement is inept and corrupt.

The Sides:
The Mafia - Characterized by good organization, subtle maneuvering and knowing how to keep a low profile while being known to all the right people, the Mafia are intent on regaining control of the situation.

The Gangs - The Gangs are relatively new, but they're brash, impulsive and packed with firepower. They're going to take out the established organizations, and anyone else who gets in their way. Their organization is not very good, however, and there are many inter-gang disputes.

The Vigilante - Most of the people of the city were used to the situation, and silently watched, hoping they wouldn't get involved. However, one man decided enough is enough. The Vigilante, the Hero, whatever you call him he has plenty of money, plenty of equipment and a firm dedication to ridding his city of crime. What he lacks, however, is people brave enough to help him instead of just quietly praying for his success. Still, he has managed to gather some followers, many with useful talents.

Roles:

The Mafia

The Don:
The Don can either make his point count as two plus tiebreaker or control someone else's point, with a one night cooldown. He is the Mafia mason group leader, chooses his Capos before the game starts. He scries as a Mafioso.
Do not act incautiously when confronting a smiling old man in an expensive suit.

The Confidante:
The Confidante is the leader of the Capos. His title is known to the Don but unknown to the Capos themselves. If the Don dies, he gains a scry with one night cooldown and is revealed to the Capos.
The man we can handle. I'm more worried about who steps up to take his place.

The Capos:
The Capos are the Mafia mason group. They are very powerful and influential and can, as a group, add a night of cooldown to anyone using a type of power(Scrying, killing, protecting, voiding) that night, with a two-night cooldown. However, some of them might be ambitious for the title of Don themselves.
Loyalty may be bought with fear or love. Competence may be bought with money.

The Hitman:
The Hitman can abduct a player once every three nights. He starts operating on night two. The abducted player simply disappears, and his body might be found later on.
How can a simple stretch of wire in the right place be more deadly than all your men and your guns put together?

The Bodyguard:
The Bodyguard can bane a player with an one night cooldown. If his bane is successful, there is a 25% chance the attacker is killed.
The only real security a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability. And guns. Lots of guns.

Corrupt Official:
The Corrupt Official can search the city records and gain the role of one player every night.
Money is like a sixth sense. And you can't make use out of the other five without it.

The Enforcer:
The Enforcer can take measures against a single person each night. That player will be recovering from his treatment the following day, unable to post, point or communicate in any way.
Carrots are fine, but sometimes, what you really need is a very big stick.

Mafioso:
A villager aligned with the Mafia. Roughly 25-30% of the villagers.
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a mafioso.

The Gang

Drive-by Shooters:
This group of madmen, equipped with fast cars, loud music and guns that spew bullets faster than anything else on the field, can kill a player once every two nights, starting on night one. (Just one person.)
Boys got toys. Ours are just a bit louder.

Psychopath:
Different from the angry brutes in the street, this man is stylish, cold and completely insane. He plans his kills carefully, and can abduct a player once every four nights. His kills bypass any protection. But of course, just killing a random bypasser doesn't have the elegance he requires. He has specific targets he needs to kill to achieve his win conditions.
A psychopath isn't a professional. You can't work with a psychopath.

Street Rat:
This guy knows the streets and, more importantly, the people. He can scry a person every second night, and if he so wishes, pass the results anonymously to the Drive-By Gang. However, if he does this, there's a 25% chance he leaks the results to the Reporter aswell. He can't scry himself.
The way to make cash is to buy when blood is running the streets.

Drug Dealer:
This man has a stock of different kinds of illegal substances. He can offer them to a player once every day, choosing from either 'mainly negative' or 'mainly positive' drugs. The effects are randomly chosen from a list. However, drugs aren't always so safe. There's a 20% chance that, if the Police Officer is alive, the drug user will be arrested and can't post or vote the following day.
What I sell is relief for a world too full of harsh reality.

The Thugs
These two brothers are big. Very, very large. They can break into someone's house and kidnap him every two nights. The kidnapped player cannot post, vote or use abilities until the next night. If one of the Thugs is killed, the other also dies, drinking himself into a stupor and heading to the streets to avenge his brother.
We're not dumb. It's just that we're not exactly being paid to think, are we?

The Red Flames:
The Red Flames are the biggest gang in the city. They can effectively hinder the operations of anyone they wish, adding a night of cooldown to a target's ability. This cannot be used on the same target more than once in a row. Their two leaders make up the Gang mason group.
The Red Flames go fasta!

Gang Member:
A citizen aligned with the gangs. Roughly 25-30% of villagers will be these.
It's not like I got a whole lot'a choice. 'Round here, ya either shoot or get shot.

Vigilante

The Hero:
The original individual, using his charisma and assets to gather support in order to throw out the crime from the city. Mysterious and with a lot of equipment, he survives the first kill-attempt at him, be it lynch or nightkill. However, the Psychopath is skilled enough to bypass this. He can also use his charisma to incite a lynchmob to kill a player during the night every three nights, starting from night three. His point counts as two, and he starts with two one-off gadgets, a remote camcorder and a motion detector, which he can pass around and which grant the user a scry and a self-bane, respectively.
I'm nothing special. I'm just a man with a purpose.

The Police Officer:
Originally an idealistic individual, he was soon disillusioned by the rampant corruption in the police forces. Now he has cast his lot in with the Hero, and can use his authority and equipment to protect a person from nightkills each night. However, he cannot protect himself.
The difference between you and me is that I have a permission to carry my gun.

The Pharmacist:
The doctors work at hospitals, and hospitals are all-too-easy to monitor. This man can offer medicine to a player each day. It is beneficial, but in some rare cases it might have certain side-effects.
Medicine and poison. Same substance, differing intent.

The Reporter:
Using his contacts and skill in information gathering, the Reporter can scry a player's alignment each night.
As a reporter, I approach every situation knowing that everyone has his or her own agenda.

Neighbourhood Watch:
A bunch of friends, inspired by the words of the Hero, who've banded together to keep their district safe. They have, as a group, a bane with one night's cooldown. It starts at 100% effectiveness, and drops every time one of them dies.
Some people are like the sun, casting light around them. But in the night, people will also need candles.

War Veteran:
The old man with an armoury in his house, he doesn't look like a threat and is easily underestimated. However, if you mess with him, you're in for some trouble. He can void a player's night action or prevent him from posting or voting during the day, once per night. However, he cannot target the same person twice in a row; they will be wary.
Troublemakers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.

Brave Citizens:
Those individuals stirred by the Hero's words, willing to fight for their lifes and freedom. They're individually weak, but roughly 40-50% of the villagers will belong to this group.
Rise, and rise again until lambs become lions.

Not all of these roles will be used unless we get over 50 players. Most likely the first ones to drop will be voiders. The numbers aren't set in stone yet. Any comments?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-08-18, 12:00 PM
We figured out what the roles should be. Somebody more creative than me would have to come up with the twist, though. (Gas gun attacks?)

Hmmm....While its not a unique twist, Idon't think Mafia is running right now, so maybe you could do the "stolen item" idea that Mafia usually uses. I know they had the Maltese Falcon once and I think a Tomahawk of Power. That would be a way to keep things unique.

I once had an idea for a Sly Cooper WW game based on the Theivius Raccoonus where Sly would start out powerless, but 5 pages of the Theivius Raccoonus would be given to random players. Sly could give visit a player at night and try to see if they had one to steal. For each page he collected, he'd grow more powerful.

For instance,

1 page = his vote can count as 2 votes
2 pages = His vote can count as 4 votes.
3 pages = gains the careless baner ability, loses power voting ability
4 pages = upgraded to baner ability
5 pages = gains the seer ability, loses baner ability

The original plan was that if Sly was killed, the pages would be scattered throughout the village again, and a different member of the Cooper clan would show up to try to avenge the raccoon.

You could do a similar idea with Darkwing's costume. In a fight, Darkwing loses his costume and it is scattered throughout St. Canard. Each night searches for pieces of it. The more he finds, the more powerful he becomes.

Those are my thoughts on how to make Darkwing unique.

Supagoof
2010-08-18, 01:47 PM
I've had some communication problems with Bill, which has delayed the recruitment start a bit. However, that might just be a good thing considering the ton of games recruiting and starting right about now. We will need plenty of players, after all.

The quiet afternoon in one of the cleaner areas of the city, a few pedestrians passing by on their business. Children are playing and laughing amongst the buildings. Then, the idyllic mood is shattered by the loud rumbling of motors approaching quickly along the street, accompanied by the constant thumping of loud bass music. The pedestrians vanish from the street and mothers quickly usher their kids back inside as two open-topped cars painted in red flames arrive. They stop next to a building, diagonally blocking the street, as one of the men inside grabs a loudspeaker and shouts:
"This is a message from the Red Flames." Then he lifts a large assault rifle, while his companions lift submachineguns and pistols. Soon a hailstorm of gunfire is launched at the silent house in the street.

Inside the building, life seems grand. Luxurious carpets, tapestries and paintings, quiet music sounding from somewhere. In a large and lavish meeting room, three men in black suits are sitting in large armchairs over a table, alcohol in glasses forgotten as they examine a stack of papers and talk to each other with quiet voices. They hear the shout from outside, and as the following gunfire starts they stand up, walk out of the room and to a nearby cabinet and grab their weapons. One of the men, the youngest, heads to one of the windows overlooking the street outside, clutching his submachinegun. Meanwhile the oldest man grabs a phone, and curses as he notices the line has been cut. He motions to the other man and they head towards the back of the building, intent on escaping.

Sparse but accurate bursts of gunfire from the windows of the house have cut down two of the men in the cars, and the others have jumped off and taken cover. However, after a moment it becomes apparent that there's no more response from the house. They cheer, running inside.

Behind the house, the escaping men exit a small side-street only to run into another gang vehicle, parked on the street and with four men taking cover behind it. The younger man pushes the older back into the alley and takes cover behind a large trash container. He raises his pistol and shoots a few times, accurate fire killing one of the gang members. However, the return fire is very heavy. After a moment, there's a brief pause in the gunfire. He stands up from behind the container, shooting towards the Red Flames car. One of the gang members catches him in the chest with a high-powered pistol, and he falls to the ground. Cheering, the three remaining gangsters run up. "Got him! Right in the chest!"

"Not quite." The man on the ground wheezes and moves, bulletproof vest showing from the remains of the suit. He shoots before the gang members can react, killing one of them instantly and hitting another in the leg, the poor man collapsing in the street. The third one splatters his head with a shotgun blast. However, too late they realize to look at the alley entrance. The last man there is gone.

Meanwhile, a single person is standing in a window of a building opposite the road. He's not wielding a firearm, and he can see the screams of the dying around, of innocents caught in the crossfire. He can see the body of a small girl lying in a pool of blood. He can imagine the reactions of the survivors, treating the wounded and burying the dead, continuing on with their lifes however fragile they might seem. He sighs, shaking his head, and turns back into the room. "This has gone on for too long..."

Setting:
The city has long been run by the powerful mafia families, who've been content to rake in the profit while in complete control of the corrupted public offices. However, these families are very exclusive and hard on any freelancers. Lately, ethnic minorities and disgruntled youth have begun forming gangs of their own, fighting against the Mafia rule. Rumours indicate they're being supplied by some powerful outside interest, and while less organized, they've been able to strike some vicious blows at the Mafia, who've been sluggish to wake from their comfortable slumber.

However, certain private citizens who just want to live their lifes in peace have had enough of crime rule, fighting on the street, protection rackets and the like. They've decided to take this opportunity to take matters in their own hands, since the city's law enforcement is inept and corrupt.

The Sides:
The Mafia - Characterized by good organization, subtle maneuvering and knowing how to keep a low profile while being known to all the right people, the Mafia are intent on regaining control of the situation.

The Gangs - The Gangs are relatively new, but they're brash, impulsive and packed with firepower. They're going to take out the established organizations, and anyone else who gets in their way. Their organization is not very good, however, and there are many inter-gang disputes.

The Vigilante - Most of the people of the city were used to the situation, and silently watched, hoping they wouldn't get involved. However, one man decided enough is enough. The Vigilante, the Hero, whatever you call him he has plenty of money, plenty of equipment and a firm dedication to ridding his city of crime. What he lacks, however, is people brave enough to help him instead of just quietly praying for his success. Still, he has managed to gather some followers, many with useful talents.

Roles:

The Mafia

The Don:
The Don can either make his point count as two plus tiebreaker or control someone else's point, with a one night cooldown. He is the Mafia mason group leader, chooses his Capos before the game starts. He scries as a Mafioso.
Do not act incautiously when confronting a smiling old man in an expensive suit.

The Confidante:
The Confidante is the leader of the Capos. His title is known to the Don but unknown to the Capos themselves. If the Don dies, he gains a scry with one night cooldown and is revealed to the Capos.

The Capos:
The Capos are the Mafia mason group. They are very powerful and influential and can, as a group, add a night of cooldown to anyone using a type of power(Scrying, killing, protecting, voiding) that night, with a two-night cooldown. However, some of them might be ambitious for the title of Don themselves.

The Hitman:
The Hitman can abduct a player once every three nights. He starts operating on night two. The abducted player simply disappears, and his body might be found later on.
How can a simple stretch of wire in the right place be more deadly than all your men and your guns put together?

The Bodyguard:
The Bodyguard can bane a player with an one night cooldown. If his bane is successful, there is a 25% chance the attacker is killed.
The only real security a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability. And guns. Lots of guns.

Corrupt Official:
The Corrupt Official can search the city records and gain the role of one player every night.
Money is like a sixth sense. And you can't make use out of the other five without it.

The Enforcer:
The Enforcer can take measures against a single person each night. That player will be recovering from his treatment the following day, unable to post, point or communicate in any way.

Mafioso:

The Gang

Drive-by Shooters:
This group of madmen, equipped with fast cars, loud music and guns that spew bullets faster than anything else on the field, can kill a player once every two nights, starting on night one. (Just one person.)

Psychopath:
Different from the angry brutes in the street, this man is stylish, cold and completely insane. He plans his kills carefully, and can abduct a player once every four nights. His kills bypass any protection. But of course, just killing a random bypasser doesn't have the elegance he requires. He has specific targets he needs to kill to achieve his win conditions.

Street Rat:
This guy knows the streets and, more importantly, the people. He can scry a person every second night, and if he so wishes, pass the results anonymously to the Drive-By Gang. However, if he does this, there's a 25% chance he leaks the results to the Reporter aswell. He can't scry himself.

Drug Dealer:
This man has a stock of different kinds of illegal substances. He can offer them to a player once every day, choosing from either 'mainly negative' or 'mainly positive' drugs. The effects are randomly chosen from a list. However, drugs aren't always so safe. There's a 20% chance that, if the Police Officer is alive, the drug user will be arrested and can't post or vote the following day.

The Thugs
These two brothers are big. Very, very large. They can break into someone's house and kidnap him every two nights. The kidnapped player cannot post, vote or use abilities until the next night. If one of the Thugs is killed, the other also dies, drinking himself into a stupor and heading to the streets to avenge his brother.

The Red Flames:
The Red Flames are the biggest gang in the city. They can effectively hinder the operations of anyone they wish, adding a night of cooldown to a target's ability. This cannot be used on the same target more than once in a row. Their two leaders make up the Gang mason group.
The Red Flames go fasta!

Gang Member:
It's not like I got a whole lot'a choice. 'Round here, ya either shoot or get shot.

Vigilante

The Hero:
The original individual, using his charisma and assets to gather support in order to throw out the crime from the city. Mysterious and with a lot of equipment, he survives the first kill-attempt at him, be it lynch or nightkill. However, the Psychopath is skilled enough to bypass this. He can also use his charisma to incite a lynchmob to kill a player during the night every three nights, starting from night three. His point counts as two, and he starts with two one-off gadgets, a remote camcorder and a motion detector, which he can pass around and which grant the user a scry and a self-bane, respectively.

The Police Officer:
Originally an idealistic individual, he was soon disillusioned by the rampant corruption in the police forces. Now he has cast his lot in with the Hero, and can use his authority and equipment to protect a person from nightkills each night. However, he cannot protect himself.

The Pharmacist:
The doctors work at hospitals, and hospitals are all-too-easy to monitor. This man can offer medicine to a player each day. It is beneficial, but in some rare cases it might have certain side-effects.

The Reporter:
Using his contacts and skill in information gathering, the Reporter can scry a player's alignment each night.
As a reporter, I approach every situation knowing that everyone has his or her own agenda.

Neighbourhood Watch:
A bunch of friends, inspired by the words of the Hero, who've banded together to keep their district safe. They have, as a group, a bane with one night's cooldown. It starts at 100% effectiveness, and drops every time one of them dies.
Some people are like the sun, casting light around them. But in the night, people will also need candles.

War Veteran:
The old man with an armoury in his house, he doesn't look like a threat and is easily underestimated. However, if you mess with him, you're in for some trouble. He can void a player's night action or prevent him from posting or voting during the day, once per night. However, he cannot target the same person twice in a row; they will be wary.

Brave Citizens:
Those individuals stirred by the Hero's words, willing to fight for their lifes and freedom. They're individually weak, but roughly 40-50% of the villagers will belong to this group.

Not all of these roles will be used unless we get over 50 players. Most likely the first ones to drop will be voiders. The numbers aren't set in stone yet. Any comments?That's what Andre gets for taking too long with running the next version of Mafia. Some new guy comes in and revitalizes it with awesomeness!

It looks well, and I mean extremely well thought out Murska. At first glance I was like "Whoa, that's a lot of roles. Some of them surely will be break the game." but upon closer inspection, I see nothing but a great stage being set up for a masterpiece of a game.

I like how the kill/removal from game night actions are set. Correct me if I'm wrong, but [The Hitman, the Psychopath and the Drive By Shooters] are in essence "Killers" in the game? With each of them having the ability to permantly remove someone during the night phase. Is there still a Mafia & Gang killing everynight? If so then great. If not, then you may want to shorten the cool-down of the role bracketed above. Mapping it out...

Role|Night 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15
Hitman||x|||x|||x|||x|||x|
Drive By Shooters|x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x
Psychopath|x||||x||||x|||||x|
The Hero|||x|||x|||x|||x|||x
Night Kills|2|1|2|0|3|1|1|1|3|0|1|2|1|1|3
Total if Gang/Mafia have night kills|4|3|4|2|5|3|3|3|5|2|3|4|3|3|5

And that's assuming that the 3 "killer" roles survive until the end, each role is active. Without the gang/mafia having a kill a night, then the kill ratio seems too light to effective balance out the baner/voider roles. Though some might worry that losing 5 people by day 2 (for an assumption of ~50 in the game, 1/10 of the player base) might be too much - but trust me that it's not. Both LLD and Titans are fun despite the fast starts like that.

Even before you create the thread, I'm in.

@V Oh, I missed that one. The Hero is pretty buff then....

Murska
2010-08-18, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I'll think about the kills. However, note that the Hero is also a Killer.

happyturtle
2010-08-18, 02:06 PM
I'm in. It looks great. :smallsmile:

ps: Resize your eyeball (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159789), Murska. :smalltongue:

Quoted for end-of-pageness:

Setting:

The Sides:

Roles:

The Mafia

The Don:

The Confidante:

The Capos:

The Hitman:

The Bodyguard:

Corrupt Official:

The Enforcer:

Mafioso:

The Gang

Drive-by Shooters:

Psychopath:

Street Rat:

Drug Dealer:

The Thugs

The Red Flames:
The Red Flames go fasta!

Gang Member:

Vigilante

The Hero:

The Police Officer:

The Pharmacist:

The Reporter:

Neighbourhood Watch:

War Veteran:

Brave Citizens:

Not all of these roles will be used unless we get over 50 players. Most likely the first ones to drop will be voiders. The numbers aren't set in stone yet. Any comments?

Wizibirb
2010-08-18, 02:22 PM
Reverse WW III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9171015#post9171015) has ended with a victory for the wolves!

I know, I was just as surprised as you.

The Bushranger
2010-08-18, 03:24 PM
Hmmm....While its not a unique twist, Idon't think Mafia is running right now, so maybe you could do the "stolen item" idea that Mafia usually uses. I know they had the Maltese Falcon once and I think a Tomahawk of Power. That would be a way to keep things unique.

Hmmm...
...perhaps the Maltese Mallard? :smallbiggrin:

That could work, yes, yes... *rubs hands together*

Elder Tsofu
2010-08-18, 04:17 PM
ps: Resize your eyeball (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159789), Murska. :smalltongue:

It looked scarier when it sort of peeked from behind the right border at you. :smalltongue:
"I'm always watching, but do you know I'm watching you?"

Trixie
2010-08-18, 05:18 PM

You really think he haven't noticed that? :smalltongue:

Plus, if he really wanted to, he had really nice 120x120 avatar made a while ago, yet never touched it :P

MOD
2010-08-19, 01:04 AM
IT (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164364) my werewolfishesk game is now up for recruiting.

Lex-Kat
2010-08-19, 09:43 AM
Actually I have been working on a X-men game of WW for quite some time. Do I post it here or send it to you to look over?
You should choose a date, if you wish for this to be an over 20 game.

And in either case, you can post your idea here, or wait till you post the recruitment thread, and watch as some shoot holes in your idea and edit it on the fly.

Or you can find a co-narrator and PM him the idea and hash it out together. :smallsmile:

cd4
2010-08-20, 04:25 AM
Right I think I'll put my name down for the next available slot whenever that is (I think it is the week of the 20th November) for the X-men WW game. Here are the roles for the game, what do you think?

X-men and Villagers

Professor Xavier – Seer – using the power of his mind he can scan the mind of a target of his choice to find out who they are, to keep it hidden he can only do this at night. Scrys as Seer/fool.

Wolverine – Baner – using the fact that he can heal extremely fast he will pretend to be one person each night letting the attack target him, knowing that he can heal from the attack. If he is targeted without preparation (aka targeting someone else) then the attack can kill him. Scrys as Baner.

Shadowcat – Day Baner – She can use the fact that she can phase through matter to save someone from the lynch. At any time she may send a PM to the moderators with the name of a person to save from the next lynch. If successful results in a no lynch situation. Scrys as Day Baner.

Rogue – Voider – She can use her power drain once per night to stop another person from using their night action. As the drain also gives rogue some of the memories there is a small chance of getting a true scry on the target. This comes back as a Player is or is not <role>. Scrys as Voider.

Mimic – Fool – Has taken the form of Professor Xavier but not the full power of his telepathy as a result the scrys are undirectional in that they reveal a random choice from one of the remaining roles. Scrys as Seer/fool.

Storm – Sniper – Angry at the situation Storm can use the power of a lightning bolt to attack each night. This attack will kill a target unless protected by the baner. However this attack requires a lot of energy and cannot be used two nights in a row. Scrys as Sniper

Cyclops and Jean Gray – Lovers – Start the game searching for each other and as a result will be ably to scry someone once per night. This scry will only reveal whether the person is the other lover. Once one person has scried the other, Jean gets her full telepathic powers and can do true scrys until the end of the game. Scott can still scry after he has found Jean but the results will still only be Jean/not Jean. If either is killed then the other goes with them. If one is autolynched then the other is not killed but they can never get the full scry ability. Scrys as Lover.

Pyro and Iceman – Rivals – Fire and Ice don’t mix so these two have a grudge against each other. Both of them have the same win condition, Let the other one die and survive until the game ends. These two are the only ones who know who the other is. Scrys as Rival.

Leech – Nullifier – He has an unusual power to negate other mutants’ powers, as such no night action or the day bane work against him, however he survives the first attack on him. Scrys as no result.

Villagers – Several other villagers are trying to work out who is good and who is bad to work out who to kill, although they have different names the names are withheld to stop a mass name call from completely ruining the game. Scrys as Villager. There are no special powers in this group that will affect the game play.

The X-men and Villager team have the default win condition of eliminate the brotherhood.

Brotherhood

Magneto – Alpha – Currently leading the brotherhood, Magneto has a lot of practise blocking scrys. Magneto also chooses who plays Mystique and Psylock but the rest are picked randomly. Scrys as Villager.

Mystique – Disguiser – Ability to shape-shift can cause all sorts of problems for your enemies as they don’t know if they can truly trust anyone, because that person might be you. Mystique can change the appearance of herself at night to fool a scry. Scrys as Disguiser if her power is not used otherwise Scrys as whatever she chooses.

Psylock – Devil – Able to scan one person a night and work out exactly who they are. Scrys as Devil.

Nitro – Beast – An unstable mutant who often explodes with a lot of force, Psylock has tried to shut down his powers but it hasn't worked to well. As a result if he dies he takes out the person who killed him, a random person from those who voted for him if he is lynched. Scrys as Beast.

Wolves – The rest of the brotherhood can help decide who to kill at night, they may also do the killing. There are no special powers in this group that will affect the game play. The scry as Wolf.

The Brotherhood’s win condition is to get the number of people in the brotherhood equal to the number of people in the X-men and Villager team.

Special Rules

Helgraf’s scry interference rule will be in operation in this game as all these mental scans will result in trouble otherwise.

Co-narrators will probably be Lex-kat and Calamity if they do not wish to play.

Diva De
2010-08-20, 07:31 AM
Those roles look really good, cd4. Impressive. Lexy, I was talking it over with Gryf last night and I'll get you some Futurama roles sometime today.

Can I go ahead and get the time slot after cd4? November...28th?

Also, Lex, if you are co-narrating cd4's game that starts a week before mine, I can probably get Gryf to co-narrate for me.

Thufir
2010-08-20, 08:39 AM
I'd like to reserve the space of November 15th for Kingdom Hearts II.

Skippy's still co-narrating, right?

Diva De
2010-08-20, 12:18 PM
Also - DIBS ON SCOTT PILGRIM WW!
Ahem. I would like to do this, basically as soon as Futurama wraps up. I'll start working on roles - no one steals it! Any interested in co-narrating, let me know.

The Bushranger
2010-08-20, 01:50 PM
I love the X-Men roles. Count me in as very interested.

(But, it's Psylocke. :smalltongue:)

Lex-Kat
2010-08-20, 03:56 PM
Since when has Psylocke been part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants?
:smallyuk:

And I, personally, would have Mimic as the Fool.

History wise, it makes sense, because the original "Mimic" was Changeling. Who, during the early years of the X-Men, posed as Xavier and was killed.

Because of the popularity of the character during the `90's X-Men cartoon, they revived the character in the Age of Apocalypse series.

I just think that makes more sense than dumbing-down Emma Frost.

But it's your game. And if Calamity wants, he can be your Co-Narrator. I'll stick with being Diva's Co- for Futurama. :smallsmile: But thanks for the offer.

I think it best that couples not be co-narrators, for the very reason Zeb mentioned before. There is a chance that you'll both take a vacation or otherwise be unable to narrate, and that leaves the game hanging.

So I'm in.

cd4
2010-08-20, 04:07 PM
Okay, I admit I haven't read any of the comics and I only seen the original films and Wolverine and the X-men cartoon. The cartoon is where I got the Psylocke and Nitro idea as that was sort of one of the brotherhood's plans. Use Nitro as a re-usable bomb at the MRD bases. The Mimic idea is much better than the Emma Frost as the fool, so I'll change that.

Eternal Drifter
2010-08-21, 12:21 AM
Back... and nearly done plotting a new WW game...

Drawing from Absorden... Mafia... and Llama Llama Duck... and interjecting my own ideas... I bring you...

City of Darkness

Darkness has fallen over the city ages ago... now is the time to banish it! The city shall rise up, and throw off the shadows of the corrupt monarchy and the assassins! But how to find them...

Roles:

Team Good:

Villagers: Basic villager of WW games. Trying to survive AND stamp out both Team Evils.
Stonemasons: Basic Masons. The builders of the city know each other to be safe.
Fortuneteller: The Seer. Can use their Crystal Ball without the one-nignt cooldown. Starts with a Crystal Ball.
Escaped Lunatic: The Fool. Thinks they are the Fortuneteller. Is told they are the Fortuneteller. Is told they have a Crystal Ball. Starts with the Cracked Ball. Can use the Cracked Ball without the one-night cooldown.
Wandering Guardian: The Baner. Can use their spell book to protect someone from being night-killed without the one-night cooldown.

Team Monarchy:

The populace has been getting out of hand lately... time to show them who is in charge... and deal with those assassins while at it... but where are their servants?

Corrupt King: The corrupt ruler of the City...and quite good at disguising himself. Scries as a villager. When he perishes, he dies as a villager. Starts with an Assassin's Dagger, and can use it without the cooldown.
Corrupt Queen: The Corrupt King's wife, who has made a couple of deals with devils to secure her position. Starts with a Crystal Ball, given to her by a powerful devil to help uphold her end of the bargin, and can use it without the cooldown.
Infernal Servant: Assistants to the Corrupt Royalty. Sent by bigger devils to help send souls their way.
Explosive Fiend: This demon explodes upon death, killing one of the people that killed it. Scries as an Infernal Servant. Is told they are an Infernal Servant.

Team Monarchy has two groups: The King and Queen, and the Infernal Servants. The King and Queen know each other, and the Infernal Servants know each other, but the two groups do not know each other.

Team Assassin:

Time to fulfill that contract the rich buisnessman offered not too long ago... and kill all of the royalty and their supporters. And while at it... kill all those that might oppose the new ruler.

The Serpent's Head: Silent, and deadly, this man's true name has been forgotten... but his skill has not. He starts with an Assassin's Dagger, and can use it without the cooldown.
The Fallen Crown: Cast out of the royal family because of the deal with the powers below, he wants to reclaim his throne. To this end, he has skillfully obtained a Crystal Ball, and can use it without the cooldown.
Assassins: These assassins simply follow orders, waiting to strike.

Team Assassin all starts knowing each other.

Items:

Assassin's Dagger: The bearer of an Assassin's Dagger can attempt to night-kill someone of their choosing. However, it's use is physically taxing on someone who is not trained in it's use, forcing a one-night cooldown.
Broken Ball: The bearer of the Broken Ball can use it's power to scry a player for their role. However, it's power is draining for anyone other than it's original owner, forcing a one-night cooldown for anyone other than the Escaped Lunatic. Also, it's scries are... not entirely correct...
Crystal Ball: The bearer of a Crystal Ball can use it's power to scry a player for their role. However, it's power is draining for anyone other than it's original owner, forcing a one-night cooldown for anyone that did not start with one.
Spellbook of Protection: The protective magics in this book can protect someone from harm, but using them constantly can wear down someone. The Wandering Guardian is skilled enough to continually use them to stop night kills, but anyone else will have a one-night cooldown after a sucessful Bane.

Item Actions:
Use Item: Use the item as listed in it's description. If you are not the original owner of the item, you cannot take an action the next night.
Pass Item: PM the Narriator of whom you wish to pass the Item to. The target of the pass will recive the item come daybreak... but if they are night-killed, the killers get the item instead.
Destroy Item: PM the Narriator that you wish to destroy the item. The item is removed from the game. No one can use it.

Plotting:
At the end of the night phase, whom was scried, killed, and baned will be revealed... unless the committer of the scrying, killing, or baning plotted openly. During the day phase, the committer can put their target's name in their (un-edited) post, and PM the Narriator their quoted post with their target highlighted. If the target is night-killed in this way, the body shows up a few days later.

Additional Rules:

Helgraf's Scry Interference Rule is in effect, with interfenence as the result instead of any other result.
Upon death, any items the victim had are revealed, and someone from the mob or one who night-killed recive the item. The only exception is with the Explosive Fiend: if night-killed, the Assassin's Dagger used for the job is destroyed.
You can only use one item action per night.

What do you think? Someone suggested I run a WW game... and here is what I came up with.

Castaras
2010-08-21, 12:11 PM
Please get rid of my reserved slot, I'm not going to have the time to run an Alien Invasion game.

(and for those who like RAF, I'm not going to have a chance to do that either)

Lex-Kat
2010-08-21, 03:47 PM
I'd like to move my game to Oct. 4, if I can. :smallsmile:

Lady Tialait
2010-08-21, 03:51 PM
I was thinking about running a WW game...of my own design do you guys wanna see what I have come up with?

TFT
2010-08-21, 04:34 PM
Please get rid of my reserved slot, I'm not going to have the time to run an Alien Invasion game.

(and for those who like RAF, I'm not going to have a chance to do that either)

... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s&feature=related)!

Lex-Kat
2010-08-21, 04:37 PM
I was thinking about running a WW game...of my own design do you guys wanna see what I have come up with?
I believe the correct answer is... yes, please. :smallsmile:

Lady Tialait
2010-08-21, 04:46 PM
Screw it. I'll just post it.

Gehenna: WW

Setting:
Cain brother of Abel killed him, and was cursed by God to walk the world immortal. Cain the curse had 13 children, the clans of cursed, the Damned, the Vampires. All 13 had their own curse to bare. They slowly each slipped into eon long sleep. Before each slept they created their own 'children' those children turned around and made children. Finally we come to the current night. The elders are awakening and they have the blood of there children calling to them. They plan of draining all the clans dry till Cain returns, and consumes them.

This is Gehenna.

Roles:

There are 14 roles, for the 13 Clans and 1 for Cain. One of them is on the Elder's Side and one on the side of the Children. Nobody is sure of who is who.

All the Elders are wolves, for purpose of the night kill, however the Child that is night killed must have corresponding Elder voting for him as well as have the most votes. All Elders have the 'Seer' ability, if this gives them the 'Seer' ability twice, they may scry twice each night.. All the children have auto-bane if the corresponding Elder is lynched. Hence can only be killed by Cain.

Independent Clans

Assimite: A clan of assassins who have always had a taste for the blood the kindred. This has given them a taste of blood. Assimite Child wins if all the Elders are lynched or killed other then theirs. Assimite Elder wins if all the Children are lynched or killed other then theirs.
If they vote for someone in a Lynch they may attempt a Scry on that person.

Followers of Set: A clan of sinners, made of sin. They have always prayed to their Elder and wish to be consumed by him. They would lash out and destroy all who dared stop them form the honor. Followers of Set child wins if all the other children are killed/lynched before them. The Followers of Set Elder wins if all of the other Elders are killed/lynched before them.
Child = Beast, Elder = Seer/Fool (but always scrys Follower of Set as Follower of Set)

Giovanni: This clan has Mafia connections, and necromancy runs deep in their veins. They run a protection ring for other Vampires during Gehenna. Giovanni Elder and Child win if no one is lynched/killed for 3 days AND the other Giovanni is killed/lynched.
Child = Day-Baner, Elder = Baner

Ravonos: This clan of vampires are all sons of Rom, and gypsies. They have been awaiting Gehenna ready for it. They seek to help their elder destroy all the other vampires. Ravonos child and elder win if all other vampires are killed/lynched.
Seer, also Elder and Child know eachother.

Camarilla

The Camarilla is a group of vampires who have forgotten that Gehenna can and will happen. They have been more scared that humans will relight the fires of the inquisition on them. They hide their vampire natures by pretending to be human and keeping up an elaborate masquerade. The Child members of Camarilla win if there are no Elders or members of Sabbat left. The Elders win if all he Child members of the Camarilla are killed/lynched.

Brujah: Rebels with a cause. The Brujah were once proud warrior scholars and have fallen into the sorry state they have come to. They still have the fires but not the wisdom. Child = Mason, Elder = Beast

Gangrel: Beasts in mind, and immortal in body. They do not truly follow the Cammarilla but are in need of protection as they KNOW there elder is awaken. Child = Seer/Fool, Elder = Beast

Toreador: Artistic, Mesmerizing, and civilized vampires. They are avatars of culture in the vampire societies. They are considered the soul of the Camarilla. Child = Mason, Elder = Devil

Tremere: Magic is in the Vampire Blood. Tremere know this better then anyone, and use it. Wizards of the vampire world. They have joined Camiralla, but have never been trusted. Transmuter

Malkavian: Insane vampires, lunitics. They are all insane and their blood causes madness and destroys those who dare drink it. Even their Elder is not immune to this. Child = Beast, Elder = Beast

Nosferatu: Ugly, disgusting monsters. And they know it. Theirs was the first to raise from the sleep and it has had a head start. They called the Camarilla together and tried to prepare, but only this clan has prepared properly. Child = Seer/Fool, Elder = Voider

Ventrue: Aristocratic Princes of the Night. Ventrue have the market closed on royalty. They lead the other vampires in this time of strife, and grab power for themselves. Child = Mason, Elder = Spy (Has a list of the Camarilla's Masons but not the Clans of, Scrys as Elder)

Sabbat:

Sabbat is vampiric freedom to be monsters, and they have long improved themselves to become more and more dangerous. They hope to destroy the Elders instead of just survive and have always intended to do this. One does not act like their food. All members of the Sabbat win the other caste is killed. (Elders want to kill Children, the Children want to kill the Elders)

Tzimice: Mad Scientists, and Flesh Crafters. This Clan of vampires is physically capable of anything, they improve themselves to become greater and greater monsters. They wish to destroy their Elder once and for All. Child = Baner, Sabbat Mason, Elder = Transmuter

Lasombra: Darkness Wielding nightmares. A clan that sees itself as greater leader then the Ventrue. They are monsterous and monsterous while still haveing a human-like exterior. Child = Lynch Votes count double, Sabbat Mason, Elder = Night Kill Vote Counts double.

Catiff
There will be clanless vampires who can be recruited by one of the other Child vampires, they gain none of the special abilities till their recruiting member till that person is lynched/killed. They count as a member of that clan, as a child. A Catiff can't win without a clan.

Cain

One member of the group is Cain, he is pretending to be Catiff, and cannot be recruited, however he may choose one Night kill per night phase. With a 50% chance of success. If he does succeed he will gain one Lynch/Kill protection. He may 'burn' one of these to make an Auto-Kill from his night phase kill. Cain can only win if no other vampire exists. Scrys as Elder

It needs some polishing i'm sure. What do you guys think? I think it will need like 35 players sadly.

Lex-Kat
2010-08-21, 04:50 PM
A Whitewolf Vampire game of Werewolf? Looks fun. :smallsmile:

Lady Tialait
2010-08-21, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure about balance. I know there will be a lot going on and I will need a co-narrator or it won't be possible to run it.

Lex-Kat
2010-08-21, 05:02 PM
So the game starts with 14 roles, Cain, a Ravonos, Assamite, Setite, Giovanni, Tremere, Brujah, Gangrel, Toreador, Ventrue, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Tzimice, and Lasombra.

Everyone else is a Caitiff?

Lady Tialait
2010-08-21, 05:04 PM
14 roles Cain, Ravonos, Assamite, Setite, Giovanni, Tremere, Brujah, Gangrel, Toreador, Ventrue, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Tzimice, and Lasombra. Yes, but two of Ravonos, Assamite, Setite, Giovanni, Tremere, Brujah, Gangrel, Toreador, Ventrue, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Tzimice, and Lasombra. One of Cain. Everyone else is Catiff...I hope I expressed that right.

Shadow
2010-08-21, 05:56 PM
A Whitewolf Vampire game of Werewolf? Looks fun. :smallsmile:

The first two Vampire Games had elements of this as well.

Lex-Kat
2010-08-21, 06:04 PM
Shadow!! Want to co-narrate it with Lady Tialait?

I'll do it, as long as the game doesn't start until next year. It sounds too complicated for my mind to help run during the upcoming Capaign Season or Christmas.

Lady Tialait
2010-08-21, 06:07 PM
I would love to run it soon. But, I can wait till jan. But, I would rather not. Sometime Mid November sounds like the next time we have a slot open.

Shadow do you have any ideas on it?

Eternal Drifter
2010-08-21, 06:39 PM
The vampire game looks... complicated with all the different sides. But don't look at me for advise... I'm still seeking advise on my own WW game (posted somewhere above).

Skippy
2010-08-22, 03:44 PM
Skippy's still co-narrating, right?

Sure am! Unless Da Goof says otherwise. :smalltongue:

Uncle Festy
2010-08-23, 06:54 AM
Gone for a week don't auto plox

Elder Tsofu
2010-08-23, 08:52 AM
I think the correct wording should have been:
"Was gone for a week, thx for not autoing me."

Lady Tialait
2010-08-23, 11:08 AM
So when could I run Gehenna? Is there an open spot soon? Anymore comments about it?

Murska
2010-08-23, 11:12 AM
There's an open spot in the schedule very soon actually, but I have no idea how old it is.

lostlittlebear
2010-08-23, 11:26 AM
Camelot WW 2 has ended in a victory for the good guys!

Murska
2010-08-23, 12:23 PM
The City recruitment thread has been posted. In unrelated news, visit here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156674&page=7) to ask Sanity to host another Reverse WW, if you want one. I do, at least.

Eternal Drifter
2010-08-23, 05:55 PM
The wanderer's request:

I request the September 13th slot for my custom WW game... if no one has already claimed it.

I could use a better name for my game than 'City of Darkness,' though... suggestions?

Considering that it will be my first WW game being run by me, I could use help in an experienced co-narriator... accepting requests.

Lady Tialait
2010-08-23, 07:32 PM
I want a slot as soon as possible for Werewolf: Gehenna

rakkoon
2010-08-24, 03:45 AM
With all the new Mods, do we still pm Alara for approving new threads or does she get a sidekick?

The Cyberwolf
2010-08-24, 07:33 AM
@Eternal Drifter: Maybe you could try Beneath a Darkened Sky.

Thufir
2010-08-24, 07:47 AM
With all the new Mods, do we still pm Alara for approving new threads or does she get a sidekick?

Well, looking at the announcement, the other mod for Structured Games is Zeb. You could probably PM either of them, or just post in Central, since they do both follow this thread I believe.

Shadowcaller
2010-08-24, 07:49 AM

Yes, Zeb the boy wonder. :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2010-08-25, 12:04 AM
Murska's City (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165328) game is up.

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-25, 02:42 AM
Well, looking at the announcement, the other mod for Structured Games is Zeb. You could probably PM either of them, or just post in Central, since they do both follow this thread I believe.Yes, either method is acceptable. :smallcool:

billtodamax
2010-08-25, 02:46 AM
*peers at blue title under Zeb's name*

This is weird!

*covers it with finger*

There we go.

Also, everyone join Metropolitan Mayhem! Bill's Homework LoadTM is going to decrease dramatically about halfway through next week, so he'll be able to effectively narrate it, as opposed to Lotr! We need a lot of players for it to run effectively, and so we can see if it's broken or (hopefully) not.

rakkoon
2010-08-25, 04:04 AM
So many games with lotz and lotz of rules.
What happened to small & simple games for simple people :smallwink: ?

Elder Tsofu
2010-08-25, 04:45 AM
The simple people were eaten by the wolfs, as they couldn't figure them out in time. :smalltongue:

rakkoon
2010-08-25, 05:04 AM
Well yes, I would like to be one of those wolves :smallbiggrin:

Wizibirb
2010-08-25, 09:56 AM

Easy it has become reversed.

Leave me alone I like pad puns. :smallbiggrin:

Lady Tialait
2010-08-25, 11:38 AM

My brain no work like that.