PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

McBish
2010-09-26, 08:24 PM
Sorry, I'm guessing it's not where you are from?

She smiles at him as she continues to get drunk, and he might notice the small pouch sitting by her glass that was brought out with her newest drink.

Recaiden
2010-09-26, 08:30 PM
"No, it isn't, although it's still an unfortunate name to get. Never going to live up to it." He does notice the pouch, and wonders what it contains. Money? Recreational drugs? Illegal drugs? Poison? A small weapon? Explosives? A beating human heart? He doesn't bother asking, giving it only a momentary inquisitive look.

McBish
2010-09-26, 08:33 PM
What makes it so hard to live up to?

The pouch probably isn't big enough for a heart, or a weapon. Only a few coins could probably fit in it and Angie doesn't seem to notice the look or just isn't going to talk about it.

Recaiden
2010-09-26, 08:38 PM
"Being named for a famous hero is what does it."

McBish
2010-09-26, 08:40 PM
And what was the hero so famous for?

Recaiden
2010-09-26, 08:45 PM
"Saving the country, and such. Say, what's that pouch for?"

McBish
2010-09-26, 08:47 PM
Like I said they have stuff here to help you stop worrying, and other stuff as well. Though you probably don't want this sort of stuff. She says scooping it up and dropping her small purse.

Recaiden
2010-09-26, 08:51 PM
"Yeah. Got to keep my head clear, after all."

McBish
2010-09-26, 08:53 PM
Except for all those worries that are up there. She says smiling and gently poking at his head with one finger.

Recaiden
2010-09-26, 08:59 PM
Lily laughs. "I get the feeling your stuff would more than make up for getting rid of my worries."

ApeofLight
2010-09-26, 09:02 PM
Lily and Angie are being watched. Half-heartedly watched but watched none the less from the short cloaked figure in the corner.

McBish
2010-09-26, 09:04 PM
Yeah the stuff I have, well it really isn't something beginners should try. If you are looking for something to try I would suggest Arhtorvin. Or at least something stronger then tea.

Recaiden
2010-09-26, 09:09 PM
"I'll remember the tip." Deadtime for now.

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 10:24 PM
Becky, meanwhile, slips out of a shadow.
Or was she always here?

Anyway, she takes a seat (or was already on one) and orders a Spiderblood Wine.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 10:28 PM
Kara uncurls herself, stretching herself out so much that her head is basically touching the floor.

Becky may, perhaps, stare; Kara is wearing nothing but a singlet and boxer shorts.

And then, once she's stretched a little, she drops onto the floor, into the push-up position. And then she leans forward...until she's in a planche.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 10:28 PM
A Moffclone shows up. He's obviously not The Moff, but he's also obviously a clone. He'll take a seat next to Becky. How you doing?

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 10:32 PM
Becky, indeed, does stare rather appreciatively at Kara as she does her stretches. :smalltongue:

...then gets accosted by a Moff!

"Eh, I've been doing," she says, grinning, and taking a deep sip of her wine.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 10:35 PM
From the top of her planche, Kara bends her arms until she's lightly touching the floor with her chest.

She then pushes herself back up. This is likely impressive.

It also causes pretty much every muscle on Kara's body to be tense such that you can easily pick each individual one out.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 10:38 PM
Well, good for you, I suppose. Hey, is there anyone working here who isn't a total narcissist? I am in an urgent hurry to get out of my skull. MAN, the multiverse is a trippy place...

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 10:42 PM
"Hm? I dunno." Becky shrugs. "Maybe some of the goblins..."

...her attention, needless to say, is rather distracted by Kara's workout. Which she watches. With interest.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 10:45 PM
With nothing better to do, The Moff observes as well. I'm not gonna say that isn't impressive, because it is. I'm just not really seeing the point... The Moffclone doesn't seem to be paying attention to what he's saying. He seems fairly out of it. So, haven't seen you around AMEN lately. What's the story with that?

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 10:47 PM
After a few of the planche push-ups, Kara presses herself from the planche into a handstand, at which point she removes one of her hands from the ground.

And resumes doing push-ups with her one hand while in a handstand.

Her singlet is almost falling down but, she uses her free hand to hold it to her abs.

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 10:48 PM
"Because my player's brain has been scattered and his muse for posting has been nearly non-existiant," Becky snarks, as the fourth wall crumbles to bits. "That and I'm waiting on the henchmen not to start wolf-whistling every time I walk in."

...of course, whistling is now exactly what she does, at Kara.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 10:49 PM
I gotta be honest, that seems completely gratuitous. She must like you, Becky. :smalltongue: Well, there's always my player's motivation... pure spite. The Moffclone says this with a completely straight face, of course...

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 10:52 PM
After a few more one-armed-handstand push-ups, Kara lets herself onto her feet and yawns, before knocking on the bar and ordering thus: "I would like a dragon steak so big you can't see the table-top."

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 10:54 PM
"Hah, I wish," Becky chuckles, smirking at the Moff. "And I'm more spiteful than he is. More's the pity."
Hey, she's Evil! :smalltongue:

...she looks a bit dissapointed at the ending of the free show, but smirks at hearing Kara's order. "Worked up an appetite, dear?"

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 10:55 PM
Not really. I just like steak.

Becky will see that Kara's singlet is a bit short...which leaves a glimpse of her rather well defined abs.

Kara sits down, swinging her legs on her chair; she's rather tiny.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 11:00 PM
Although I'm starting to think self-loathing is playing a role... The Moff finds a passing Goblin and orders a tankard of Thudrud.

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 11:02 PM
"Naaah."
Becky sticks her tongue out at the Moff, and takes another sip of her wine, before returnign her attention to Kara.
"You must have a super metabolism, though, to keep that size and figure with that big a steak."

((I assume Kara isn't as small as Dani is? (Dani is 4'8" and about 80 pounds soaking wet.))

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 11:06 PM
Kara shrugs.
I dunno. I manage.
The steak gets to the table soon enough, and Kara picks up her knife and fork, cutting out a small cube and popping it into her mouth.

Becky will see that Kara's tongue is pierced, perhaps. If she's paying attention.

((Kara's 4'10", but likely more stocky than Dani.))

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 11:07 PM
Becky does indeed notice the piercing, and also Kara's tattoos.
"Nice inkings," she comments. "They go all the way down?"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 11:09 PM
@BR: =O

i c wut u did thar

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 11:09 PM
Kara raises an eyebrow while she chews on the steak before swallowing.

Just arms, back and thighs.

She pulls up one of her boxer legs so that Becky can see that Kara's thighs are covered with an inked spiral.

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 11:11 PM
"Aha. Nice design. Tats aren't my style, though. They don't go well with my skin."
Becky, having noted the design, raises an arm, waving a pale hand in demonstration.
"Plus they tend to go away, at least the one time I tried one."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 11:13 PM
Kara nods and shrugs. Her skin is rather pale too, mind- nordic heritage and all that.

I think they look good.

She cuts herself another (reasonably large) cube of steak and pops it into her mouth.

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 11:16 PM
@Moff: :smalltongue:

Becky's skin is, however, unnaturally pale. To go with the 'Goth punk shadowcaster' vibe she has going.
"Oh, they can," she agrees. "I'd have to stop using my shadows to keep any I got from fading, though."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 11:19 PM
Kara swallows and cuts herself another bit of steak.

I suppose that'd be like asking me not to do my exercises and such.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 11:19 PM
I'm gonna do us all a favor and not talk about my tattoos... You think it's a coincidence The Moff goes around in a uniform? :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 11:21 PM
"You do that," Becky says to the Moff with a :smallyuk: expression.
:smalltongue:

"And yeah. It would, I think," Becky agrees with Kara, with a nod. "Speaking of which, you're pretty good at them."

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 11:23 PM
:smallwink: What's the story there, anyhow? Purely out of curiosity, mind you.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 11:23 PM
Kara shrugs.

I enjoy doing them. I can do some fun little strength stunts, too.

She looks at Moff.

My mother...one of my mothers...is a valkyrie.

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 11:26 PM
"A valkyrie? That's impressive," Becky says, and she does look distinctly impressed. "And what sort of fun stunts?"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 11:29 PM
At Becky: Hey, sister, just 'cause we're the baddies doesn't mean we have to be walking stereotypes...

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 11:30 PM
Kara smiles. She likes showing these off.

She cups her hands together, and, when she opens them, there's a chain in between them.

This chain is made from adamantine.

She hands to to Becky, and beckons for her to hand it to Moff when she's done.

If you'd examine that to be sure that there's no weakness in the chain?

Both will find that the chain has perfect structural integrity.

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 11:34 PM
Becky goes :smalltongue: at the Moff again!
And tests the chain, before passing it on.
"Distinctly impressive," she allows.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 11:48 PM
Bypassing the deadtimed Moff, Kara takes back the chain.

Watch closely.

She raps it around her arms, around mid-way between her should and elbow.

And then she flexes her biceps.

The chain snaps. At multiple points.

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 11:50 PM
Becky's eyes go wide at that.

"...woah. Remind me to never get you angry," she says, sounding rather shocked.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 11:52 PM
I can do this, too.

She makes another chain, which is, again, made of adamantine, and wraps it around her belly.

She flexes her abs...and the chain, like when around her arm, snaps in multiple points.

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 11:53 PM
Becky whistles, eyes wide.

"...OK, now you're just showing off," she says, grinning broadly.

...and licking her lips a little. <_<

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-26, 11:56 PM
Kara shrugs.

I don't find it that hard. Everyone's got something they're good at.

I just happen to be really, really, really strong.

She notices Becky's lip-licking, and smirks. Just a little.

McBish
2010-09-27, 08:20 PM
Angie apparently had at some point retired to the back room to enjoy her little gift of the recreational drugs she got last night.

She goes over and takes a seat at the bar ordering some food.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 08:23 PM
The figure in the corner looks over at Angie as she comes back in.

McBish
2010-09-27, 08:26 PM
Angie glances over at the figure in the corner and winks at him or her depending on which pronoun the person prefers.

Seems she is pretty relaxed right now and she starts to enjoy her meal.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 08:31 PM
The figure looks around before standing up and carefully walking over to Angie. He takes a seat next to her but doesn't say anything. The figure also keeps his hood up so as not to be seen. Also it's obvious he has a bow.

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 08:32 PM
Kara shrugs.

I don't find it that hard. Everyone's got something they're good at.

I just happen to be really, really, really strong.

She notices Becky's lip-licking, and smirks. Just a little.

Becky gives 'Little Miss Celestial' (Angie) a dissimissive wave of acknowledgement, before looking back to Kara, and chuckling. "I see. Well, I have a couple of things I happen to think I'm pretty good at...dexterity more than strength would be my thing though."

McBish
2010-09-27, 08:32 PM
Why hello there care to join me in my meal, or are you just going to silently stare at me?

And Angie seems to entirely ignore Becky.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 08:36 PM
" Mmm, the meal sounds nice, though my palate is not used to the surface world foods. " Angie might be able to tell that this is a male drow speaking by his voice.

McBish
2010-09-27, 08:38 PM
Oh I see, so what would your palate be used to if you don't mind me asking?

Angie doesn't quite put the voice to a race just yet.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 08:48 PM
" Oh, so some fresh fish from a underground lake would be quite fine, umm... I don't know your name. " The figure says.

McBish
2010-09-27, 08:51 PM
I am called Angie, and I am fairly sure that they have some fresh fish here, though I couldn't claim if they are from the underground or not.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 08:55 PM
The cloaked figure seems to nod it's head a bit. " Well, Angie, I would be happy to join you for your meal. "

McBish
2010-09-27, 09:00 PM
No problem I have been having to many meals by myself.

She waves down the bartender. Please get this gentleman some fresh fish, and put it on my tab.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 09:11 PM
" You may refer to me as Teb and thank you. " The drow says with a smile beneath his cloak.

McBish
2010-09-27, 09:15 PM
Don't mention it, like I said you are doing me a favor. May I ask what brings you up to the surface?

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 09:18 PM
" Orders. I need to find stuff out about the surface and what not. " The figure says and turns its head to look at Angie a bit.

McBish
2010-09-27, 09:22 PM
Angie for the most part looks like a fairly normal 21 year old. She is pretty darn skinny, the only thing that would set her apart are her golden eyes, with small flecks of blue in them.

Ah so you are scouting. Should I be expecting a invasion from below anytime soon?

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 09:26 PM
The drow lets out a small laugh. " No, no. First we have to find out if it's even worth the time to try and take the upperlands. I'm still mostly undecided. Though I doubt an full scale invasion any time soon. "

McBish
2010-09-27, 09:29 PM
Ah well that is good. Though it would keep me busy I suppose, though I don't think I would want to be that busy.

Seems like your job is pretty decent, you get to scout out all the taverns in the area.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 09:33 PM
" Oh, that and then some. It's a nice job I have to admit. Though scouting isn't the only thing I do. Now where's our food? Bad service. " He says shaking his head.

McBish
2010-09-27, 09:38 PM
Well I already have my food and I guess you get what you pay for.

Though sure enough the goblin soon comes out and sets down Teb's food with a clunk on the table in front of them.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 09:41 PM
" And here I thought you where trying to be civil and nice to me. " Teb says with a bit of irony in his voice.

Though when the fish arrives the drow starts to eat it slowly and carefully.

McBish
2010-09-27, 09:45 PM
Ah what can I say, I am just an uncivilized uncouth barbarian, at least at heart. She smiles at him.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 09:49 PM
That gets a small laugh from the drow. " Oh, and here I thought that maybe there was someone here that had some civility. " He says and the fish not seeming to be poisoned starts to eat it a bit more quickly.

McBish
2010-09-27, 09:52 PM
Well sorry to disappoint. Though at least you got a meal out of it.

She finishes off the what she is going to eat of her meal pretty quickly, though that may be because she isn't eating the majority of it.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 09:59 PM
" Well at least I got something out of it. And perhaps there are some that can be taught civility. Not hungry? " He asks looking at the food she seems to be eating.

McBish
2010-09-27, 10:01 PM
Maybe but I think the lessons will have to be hard ones.

And no, I never really have a strong appetite. Would you like to finish the rest of my food?

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 10:04 PM
Kara shrugs at Becky.

I'm fast, too. Watch.

She puts a chain link on the table in front of her, putting the rest on the floor. Then she puts her hands behind her back.

She blurs.

And is now standing with her hands at her side, with a chain link sparkling from her fingers.

The table is bare.

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 10:08 PM
"...OK. That's just cheating. There's no way you're that fast," Becky says, after she manages to recover from momentarily being stunned. "Nice trick though..."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 10:10 PM
No, I'm not cheating. I really am that fast.

Becky will see that Kara, while she was speaking, threw a strike at her- she stopped it short, but it's in front of Becky's face.

She probably had difficulty spotting Kara's movement.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-27, 10:10 PM
The Moffclone undeadtimes. Wanna see what I'm good at? Without waiting for a response, The Moff leans over the bar, grabs a bottle, and starts chugging. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 10:13 PM
The Moff can drink anybody under the table!
Or over the table.
Or on the table.
Or with a table nobody in sight.

"Woah!"

And Becky jumps back in surprise.

...tumbling off of her barstool and landing on the floor with a whump.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 10:13 PM
Kara extends a hand down to Becky, to help her up.

Told you.

McBish
2010-09-27, 10:14 PM
Angie chuckles a bit watching Becky jump and fall on her backside.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 10:20 PM
Maybe but I think the lessons will have to be hard ones.

And no, I never really have a strong appetite. Would you like to finish the rest of my food?

" No, no, I'm fine thank you. Oh, did I already thank you for the fish? " He asks finishing eating the fish.

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 10:24 PM
"Alright. You're strong and wicked fast."

Becky sticks her tongue out at Angie, before accepting Kara's hand up.
Squeezing it a bit before dusting herself off.
"So, what can't you do? What's the catch?"

McBish
2010-09-27, 10:25 PM
I'm not to sure if you did or not. I think you did but that was before you actually ate any, so I am guessing you found it satisfactory?

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 10:26 PM
" About what I expected actually. So, yes, satisfactory. " The cloaked figure says with a nod.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 10:27 PM
Kara shrugs a little.

Not good at magic. Can do some probability manipulation stuff- that's how I made the chain- but I prefer to focus on my physical strength.

She doesn't squeeze Becky's hand back. Last time she squeezed someone's hand it turned their bones to dust.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-27, 10:31 PM
The Moff sets down the unidentified bottle. Looks like cherry liquer. :smalltongue: Probability manipulation. Fun. Watch. The Moffclone may not possess Synchronicity, but his time on the Yellow Road has certainly twisted him enough to possess distintly otherworldly powers. The Moff'll lean over the bar again, pull out a handful of olives, and chuck 'em over his shoulder without looking. As they bounce of various NPC's glasses, they'll make pitched noises... which sound distinctly like Safety Dance. :smallcool:

The Bushranger
Becky wouldn't like that, yes.

"Ah, I see. I suppose that might be considered a fair trade-off." The pale shadowcaster chuckles. "Well, how about I buy you a drink?"

McBish
Good I would hat for my money to go to waste buying you an unsatisfactory meal.

Angie waves down the bartender ordering her normal drink.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 10:33 PM
I've...never tried an alcohol I like.

That said, she doesn't seem bothered about Becky buying her a drink. She's just saying.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 10:34 PM
" Well the meal was appreciated. " The drow says simply.

Not much more to add there it seems.

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 10:35 PM
"Oh? I'd have thought with the Valkyrie bit and all you'd be able to drink like a fish."
Becky chuckles, resumes her seat, and waves over one of the goblins. Ordering two mugs of mead.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 10:37 PM
Kara cuts herself another little cube of steak and pops it into her mouth.
Just never found an alcohol I like the taste of.

McBish
2010-09-27, 10:38 PM
So Teb what do you do for fun when you aren't busy find weaknesses in the surface dwellers defenses and looking for valuable targets to strike?

Moff Chumley
2010-09-27, 10:39 PM
If you can still taste it, your doin' it wrong, sister. :smallcool:

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 10:39 PM
Becky rolls her eyes at the Moff, smirking.
"If you can't taste it, you're doing it wrong."

And presently, the mead arrives!

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 10:41 PM
" Not getting killed. " He says in all honesty. Then he shrugs. " Oh, though I do like to dabble with different substances of various sorts. Usually poisons but there are many different ways poisons can be used. "

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 10:41 PM
Kara takes a tentative sip, and her face lights up.
This tastes like honey!

Moff Chumley
2010-09-27, 10:42 PM
Becky rolls her eyes at the Moff, smirking.
"If you can't taste it, you're doing it wrong."

And presently, the mead arrives!

You need to get out more, my dear. :smalltongue: Remember The Moff's Law: It's not a real party without a 15% casualty rate!

McBish
2010-09-27, 10:45 PM
Oh really? And what kind of uses does poison have besides killing or causing harm? Angie seems to pick up at the mention of various substances.

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 10:45 PM
Becky grins. "I wondered if you might like that, since it seems to be a rather traditional drink for somebody like you." She winks, and takes a sip of her own. It's not as strong as she likes her drinks, but it will do.

Besides, unlike the Moff, she prefers to have two brain cells to rub together.

Recaiden
2010-09-27, 10:46 PM
Lily undeadtimes and edges away from Angie. Random drow, people trying to drug him, and this was a stupid assignment anyway. The olive guy seems normal enough though, so he edges over towards the Moffclone.
"Nice trick."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 10:47 PM
Kara takes a big sip, smiling, and pops another cube of steak into her mouth.

The steak is, so far, half gone. And Kara's making no signs of slowing.

Honey's the first food I can remember.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-27, 10:48 PM
The Moff finishes his bottle of cherry liquer. Turns to Kara. So what's your story, anyhow?

Lily undeadtimes and edges away from Angie. Random drow, people trying to drug him, and this was a stupid assignment anyway. The olive guy seems normal enough though, so he edges over towards the Moffclone.
"Nice trick."

Has its ups and downs.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 10:51 PM
Oh really? And what kind of uses does poison have besides killing or causing harm? Angie seems to pick up at the mention of various substances.

" Oh well, take the arhtorvin on the menu for example. " Teb says pointing at it. " It can numb a person and slow there reactions. With enough of it, it will cause temporary paralysis and with even more it would cause a person to stop living. And there are other things like that and what not. " The drow says and then shrugs.

McBish
2010-09-27, 10:55 PM
Angie smiles. Yeah I guess there are. Never really saw the point of arhtorvin. When I want to get numb I'll stick to Luhix. She says watching him to see his reaction.

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 10:55 PM
"Ahh. Sounds like something that has pleasant associations, then, I'd think," Becky says with a nod, and a curious look at Lily.

Recaiden
2010-09-27, 10:57 PM
Lily...probably has an expression aimed at Becky under that helmet.
"Hello. You...uh...need something?" he asks her nervously.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 10:58 PM
For Moff's question:

I was born here. Grew up here. The closest thing I've ever had to a big brother owns this bar. My godfather is the Gent.

She seems to...slide over her parentage. Moff, if he's sober enough, might realize that it's not a topic Kara wants to discuss.

Yeah. Honey is a real comfort food for me.

The pops more steak into her mouth, chews, swallows, and takes a big gulp of the mead- which is, now, half gone.

She's showing no signs of inebriation.

Maybe it's the valkyrie blood.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 10:58 PM
The drow chuckles. " Hehe, I suppose one man's poison is another woman's bliss. Though I prefer to not dose myself with my own poisons. Usually because there deadly. But in the right dose... " Teb just sort of let's that hang in the hair there letting Angie finish the thought on her own.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-27, 10:59 PM
The Moff preemptively facepalms before Becky can say anything Becky-ish. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 11:01 PM
"Can't say I have anything that's really a comfort food..." Becky shrugs, and files away 'can't get drunk' in her mental file on Kara. "So, I take it you've finally found an alcohol you like, then," she asks with a chuckle.

...she then looks back at Lily with a raised eyebrow. "I need lots of things. If you have anything I need, though, I dunno. I just noticed you. I like to...be aware of my surroundings."

The better to suck the life out of them with shadows if need be.

Recaiden
2010-09-27, 11:03 PM
Lily tries to sit down somewhere by this group.
"Well, I don't have too much, but maybe you're in luck."

McBish
I could only imagine what would be the results. She smiles apparently her imagination is thinking of some pleasurable things that could be done.

Maybe one of these days I'll have to help you with a little experimenting.

Moff Chumley
For Moff's question:

I was born here. Grew up here. The closest thing I've ever had to a big brother owns this bar. My godfather is the Gent.

She seems to...slide over her parentage. Moff, if he's sober enough, might realize that it's not a topic Kara wants to discuss.

Yeah. Honey is a real comfort food for me.

The pops more steak into her mouth, chews, swallows, and takes a big gulp of the mead- which is, now, half gone.

She's showing no signs of inebriation.

Maybe it's the valkyrie blood.

The Moff isn't acting any more drunk than normal. Which is to say, fairly out of it. But nonetheless, he takes the hint. So you've always been, pardon my bluntness, goddam badass?

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 11:06 PM
"Oh, maybe. Do you have an urge to have the life drained out of you?" Becky asks Lily, matter-of-factly. "Or barring that, a potion that can make the un-drunk-able drunk?"

And now she looks back in Kara's direction...

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 11:06 PM
" Perhaps, perhaps. Though I've been rudely talking only about myself this whole time. What are you doing here, if I might ask? " The drow says trying to change the subject away from the pleasure of poison for the moment.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 11:08 PM
I've always been stronger and faster than normal people. But I've only been working on making that gap wider for a couple of years.

She cuts herself another bit of steak, eats it, and then takes another sip of mead. She's got herself into a rhythm.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-27, 11:14 PM
The Moff nods. I dig. Same with me, actually. I've always had this thing for... ya know, odds. Chances. Statistics, if you will. I've just gotten better with them...

McBish
2010-09-27, 11:14 PM
Oh just looking to get away from it all. Plus I like the services they provide here. And apparently this is a good place to meet new people.

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 11:16 PM
A hypnotic rhythym?

"Well, then. Seems like that gap is already extremely wide as it is," Becky says with a chuckle.

Recaiden
2010-09-27, 11:16 PM
"It would mean I don't have to worry about this stupid mission, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to get myself killed." Lily lifts up the helmet's visor, revealing, as expected, a small young man. He's got dark skin and bleached hair, and is grinning at Becky.
"As a matter of fact, I can help you with that second one. A flask of Reechi Kythwine should do it. Guaranteed to get anyone or anything drunk. Less they're magickproof, rather." He holds out a small bottle to Becky, the red liquid within seeming to move if not looked at directly.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 11:17 PM
Kara looks up at Becky and grins.

It's rather...lascivious.

I try my hardest.

Steak, chew, swallow, mead...

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 11:18 PM
" And what exactly would a woman want to escape from? Job? People? Pardon my curiosity if you would Angie. May I all you Angie? " Teb asks from beneath his hooded cloak.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-27, 11:22 PM
"It would mean I don't have to worry about this stupid mission, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to get myself killed." Lily lifts up the helmet's visor, revealing, as expected, a small young man. He's got dark skin and bleached hair, and is grinning at Becky.
"As a matter of fact, I can help you with that second one. A flask of Reechi Kythwine should do it. Guaranteed to get anyone or anything drunk. Less they're magickproof, rather." He holds out a small bottle to Becky, the red liquid within seeming to move if not looked at directly.

Try me. :smallamused:

McBish
2010-09-27, 11:24 PM
Please do, and if you don't mind I shall call you Teb. Well Teb my job can be stressful but it isn't always. Currently I am leader of a madhouse called HALO. And really I don't have to work to hard to get away from people, they seem to do just fine at avoiding me. She says with a shrug.

So mostly I like to get away from myself. Which is a whole lot harder to do, and really takes some work.

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 11:28 PM
Becky accepts the potion from Lily with a smirk, and a wink.
"Aheh. Thanks. Not sure when I'll use it, but I owe you a favor, alright?"

She turns her attention back to Kara, in time to catch her...lascivious grin.

And gives one of her own back.

"Oh, I'm sure you do, dear," she says, adding a wink, and watching her lips as she eats...

Recaiden
2010-09-27, 11:29 PM
Try me. :smallamused:

"I already, ah, know that you cheat. But it's enchanted to get even most cheaters. Go ahead." Lily offers the moffclone a bottle, but with his probability powers, he could do anything. Avoiding the inebriating magic and alcohol shouldn't be too hard.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 11:30 PM
Lips which are, indeed, rather full and quite pretty.

Kara keeps eating, pretending that nothing just happened, gently ruffling her wings, which have begun to hurt just a little from sitting still for a while.

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 11:32 PM
" HALO? I think I've heard of that once or twice. And you can call me whatever you wish to call me. "

Teb then pauses for a moment as he seems to be doing something under his cloak. " I think I may actually have something that might help with running away with yourself. Though it may be dangerous considering the only people I've seen effected by it eventually do something to kill themselves. "

McBish
2010-09-27, 11:35 PM
Oh really and what would that be. Seems that she isn't too afraid of whatever dangerous thing she has.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-27, 11:37 PM
"I already, ah, know that you cheat. But it's enchanted to get even most cheaters. Go ahead." Lily offers the moffclone a bottle, but with his probability powers, he could do anything. Avoiding the inebriating magic and alcohol shouldn't be too hard.

The Moff glares for a moment and takes a shot from the bottle. Mmm... good stuff... yah, that'll get me pretty hammered... if I drank a swimming pool full or it. :smallamused:

Apparently this Moffclone at least, is pretty imune to the stuff. Go figure.

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 11:41 PM
"So..." Becky speaks up after a moment or three spent admiring. "Aside from your workouts and strength-training, what do you like to do for fun, anyway?"

Recaiden
2010-09-27, 11:41 PM
Lily laughs. "You're tough, alright. Or lucky. And ...yeah, that'll work, Becky."
Deadtime.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 11:42 PM
I've got a close friend who I spent a lot of time with. I'm kinda...crushing on her...but she doesn't seem to have noticed.

Go-go sexual tension!

Steak, chew, swallow, mead...

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 11:45 PM
"Ahhh. I see. Perhaps you should speak up, then?" Becky asks, chuckling softly, and smiling. "Let her know how you feel? Or do you think she might be...put off if you did so? I know how that can feel."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 11:47 PM
I've told her. But...uh...deadtime.

Kara looks at Becky, and continues her rhythm- with, incidentally, the last of the steak.

D'you wanna have sex with me?

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 11:47 PM
Teb pulls out a small vial with a greenish brown powder. " Naut rinovdro, or false immortal. It basically removes inhibitions from people eventually causing them to think they are unstoppable usually ending up with them trying to prove it by killing themselves. Though I suppose with a smaller dose it would stop before they decided to prove they where immortal. " He says and shrugs.

" Just a thought. " The drow says as quietly slips the poison away.

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 11:49 PM
"Aha. Well, I -"

Then Kara out and asks, and Becky sputters in surprise.
Then, recovering, grins.
"Goodness, you know how to be direct, don't you?"
And she winks at Kara.
"As a matter of fact, don't mind if I do..."

McBish
2010-09-27, 11:50 PM
Angie looks thoughtful at this then shrugs. I don't know being immortal never really appealed to me. I mean that is a long time to live. Though it is certainly an interesting little concoction.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-27, 11:57 PM
Kara nods and smiles, standing up.

C'mon, then.

The Bushranger
2010-09-27, 11:58 PM
Becky tosses over a few platinum to pay for the drinks, and stands as well.
Giving Lily a chuckle in the process.
"See ya around, kid. And like I said, I owe ya."

She then grins at Kara. "Lead the way."

ApeofLight
2010-09-27, 11:59 PM
" Oh, it is only the last stages of the poison that make you believe you are unkillable. All other inhibitions having quieted down you wish to prove it to all. So, you usually end up jumping off a cliff or stabbing yourself after making a complete fool of yourself. Usually. "

Teb smirks beneath his hood. He has her interested which means she will probably eventually try something from him under his direction. Or something like that. Maybe he could get the access codes to HALO. Oh, but one step at a time, one step at a time.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-28, 12:02 AM
I think you'll be the one leading...

She takes Becky's hand, and begins dragging her towards one of the back rooms.

The Bushranger
2010-09-28, 12:04 AM
"Hmm, I see. I think I might be able to handle that."
Becky chuckles and winks at Kara, catching up (so as to avoid being dragged), and overall looking quite happy as the back rooms are reached.

McBish
2010-09-28, 12:04 AM
Well I think I am going to go and enjoy some of the poison I know. See you around Teb. Till next time.

She says getting up and heading to the back rooms.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-28, 12:06 AM
Kara leads Becky into one of the back rooms, and shuts the door. Locking it.

This'll be a first, so...

The Bushranger
2010-09-28, 12:07 AM
Becky raises an eyebrow, but nods.
"I see. Thank you for telling me. Trust me, dear. You're in for a treat..."

And the pale woman starts to strip off her (rather extensive) array of black clothes, as the curtain stands poised...

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-28, 12:09 AM
Kara turns her back on Becky, slipping out of her singlet and boxers.

She turns...and pounces...

And the curtain falls.

ApeofLight
2010-09-28, 12:10 AM
Teb nods to Angie as she leaves. He then returns to his shadowy corner and deadtimes.

The Bushranger
2010-09-28, 12:16 AM
The curtain in that back room, will be down for quite awhile, too, as Becky wants to show Kara a very, very good time...

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 12:17 AM
Lily laughs. "You're tough, alright. Or lucky. And ...yeah, that'll work, Becky."
Deadtime.

The Moff just gives Lily a shake of the head. Kid, I'm just not able to figure this place out. It's like ninety percent of the females here are characters in some online roleplaying game, played by horny kids... :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-09-28, 12:19 AM

And when that curtain does rise, Becky, at least, will be distinctly exhausted, smiling broadly, and hoping Kara had as good as time as she. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 12:21 AM
The Moff would probably continue ranting but a) Lily's deadtimed and b) he's not drunk enough.

Oh well, I had quite the rant prepared... :smalltongue:

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-28, 12:21 AM
Possibly. Kara's got her wings around herself, and is panting a little, and a bit sweaty...but not all that tired.

She stretches, taking a deep breath.

That was...different.

Her voice is a bit hoarse, but she's smiling.

The Bushranger
2010-09-28, 12:23 AM
Is the Moff drunk enough to rant to the open air/the NPC barstaff goblins?

Becky, her ears slighlty numb, giggles, and nods, flopping on her back.
"It certianly is. But it's a very...a very [i]good different, wouldn't you say?"

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-28, 12:25 AM
Kara nods, shifting position so she's sitting upright. She smiles a bit more, stretching again.

Not what I expected. But very good.

The Bushranger
2010-09-28, 12:28 AM
"Heh, well, my first time was quite different than I'd imagined, too. It always...is. But as long as it makes you feel good...then it's all good."

Becky looks over, and admires Kara's stretching.

"For being inexperienced, you were pretty good yourself, too, you know."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-28, 12:29 AM
Kara shrugs.

I was kind of distracted.

Becky will get a very good look at the cog-pattern tattoo on Kara's back.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 12:29 AM
Goblins? Forgot about them. And he's not drunk, he's just acting like it...
Ya know, I've been all over this goddam multiverse. I'm not presumptious enough to say I've been everwhere, but I gotta pretty shrewd idea of what's what. And there's a couple of statistics that Nexus just seems hell-bent on breaking... it's odd, it really is. I mean, I'd be the first to say that "life is a gaaaaaame, man", but what KIND of game? It'd better not be one of those goddam online rollplaying games. If it is, I'mma goddam cut my player. Kid's probably some hipster jackass who thinks he's being clever, I bet. But seriously, what is it about having a player that just makes you wanna bat for the other goddam team? I dun geddit. It befuddles me, it does. Oh well, man. Whatever. In any case, I still refuse to believe that that's how the universe works. I guess that's the source of ultimate arcane power and whatnot. Whatever...

The Bushranger
2010-09-28, 12:31 AM
One of the goblins tosses a doily at the ranting Moff.
"There's yer power, ultimate arcane, bub."

---

Becky giggles. "If that was distracted, you not being distracted would be mind-shattering," she says, indeed, looking over the back tattoo with interest.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 12:32 AM
The Moffclone stares at the doily for a few minutes. Mutters, will you be my friend? Then he tries to soak it in vodka and light it on fire.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-28, 12:33 AM
Kara blushes just a little.

And then flops down onto her side, tucking her head under Becky's chin.

I'm kinda tired. Y'mind cuddling me to sleep?

The Bushranger
2010-09-28, 12:36 AM
[The Bar]

One of the goblins stands ready with a fire extinugisher, just in case it spreads to the bar.

---

[A Back Room]

Becky chuckles, and actually blushes a little herself.
But nods, and wraps her arms around Kara.
"'Course. Just 'cause I'm from the deep end of the alignment pool, doesn't mean I kick sombody out of bed after I've had my fun."
And she stretches out a bit, snuggling up against Kara, bare skin to bare skin.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-09-28, 12:38 AM
Kara nods, closing her eyes, and gently kisses Becky on the throat as she snuggles up and begins to dose off.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 12:38 AM
The doily's burning. The Moff drops it, and it falls to the floor. Suddenly, The Moff grabs several bottles from behind the bar, and chucks 'em at the doily. The fire should quickly spread throughout the bar... The Moffclone sits in the middle of the fire, staring off into space with a faint smile.

The Bushranger
2010-09-28, 12:40 AM
[A Back Room]

Becky shivers, and smiles for awhile, relaxing (and admiring the fine feminine figure in her arms), before closing her own eyes and drifting off as well...

---

[The Bar]

"That's it, out with you!"

The bouncer comes over to eject the Moff, as the serving goblins move in to put out the fire.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 12:42 AM
The fire's spreading faster than logic should allow, and burning far hotter than your average alchohol fire. The Moffclone is on fire by now, and he's not making a noise. Just sitting there, burning... and burning. Completely inaudible of the roar of the flames, he'll mutter not how it works...

The Bushranger
2010-09-28, 12:43 AM
Well, then, they'll set up a firebreak, and wait for it, and the Moff, to burn out. :smalltongue:
((As I now have to deadtime. G'nite!))

Recaiden
2010-09-28, 10:35 AM
"Yeah. I hear some futurist calculated that for every real universe, there's one that's a a simulation so advanced its inhabitants are conscious. Our bad luck to get the world where women are only into each other." Hey, thing are on fire now. The Moff's great to talk to and all, but this armor isn't that fireproof. Time to hurry across the room.

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-28, 10:57 AM
Keld has totally been here the whole time, not havin been forgotten by his player. In fact, he's been observing quite a bit. He was mildly impressed by Kara's display of strength, even if it was just gratuitous showin off and female vanity. He lost interest at about the point she got talky flirty with the other female and Keld just doesn't get that sort of stuff. Moffclone was cool though, especially now that he's on fire. He's also been observing his fellow scout in action. Poison. Pah! A coward's device.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 02:30 PM
The rest of the fire is out, but The Moffclone, completely unharmed, continues sitting at the bar. Still on fire. He orders a fruity coctail.

happyturtle
2010-09-28, 02:32 PM
Darcy walks in and gets a drink at the bar.

McBish
2010-09-28, 02:47 PM
Angie walks out of the back rooms and goes and takes a seat at the bar looking tired.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-28, 03:21 PM
Angie may note the gnome in the bar. He's wearing bright lime green silk pantaloons, an equally vibrant orange silk shirt, a velvet waistcoat and royal purple cloak with yellow tassels. He also has brown hair and eyes, with an unusually large nose, even for gnomes. Around his neck is a silver amulet depicting a two-tailed scorpion, a motif repeated on all his buttons. If Angie can pull her gaze away from his paint-factory-explosion clothing, she may note the six knives hidden upon his person; two are unmagical and hidden using mundane means, another two are magical and hidden magically, and the last two are equally magic and hidden in secret pockets designed so that they do not register as magical and neither does anything inside.

ApeofLight
2010-09-28, 07:06 PM
Shhh! Tebtranlyn is totally in disguise so he can extract revenge against Raril and his family.

He's also in the corner being all shadowy and mysterious.

Recaiden
2010-09-28, 07:14 PM
[Bar]

Lily looks around the room again. New guy - probably just drinking, flashy gnome from before - possible threat, mysterious drow - definite threat, but probably not the one I'm looking for, shadowy and mysterious figure in the corner - needs investigation.
He walks over to Tebtranlyn, putting no a clearly fake smile. "Hail. What brings you here, sir?"

ApeofLight
2010-09-28, 07:21 PM
Teb looks at Lily. " My business is mine and mine alone. " He says scanning the bar. Then he turns away and seems to stare off into space.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 07:24 PM
Darcy walks in and gets a drink at the bar.

The Moffclone, still on fire, nods hello. What's new?

Recaiden
2010-09-28, 07:24 PM
"Just offering to help you, since you don't seem to have come here to drink." Lily sips his cup of tea meaningfully.

ApeofLight
2010-09-28, 07:26 PM
Cold, cold shoulder from Teb. And a disdainful sniffing.

Recaiden
2010-09-28, 07:28 PM
Lily pulls a chair up next to Teb. "So, did you grow up around here, or come to visit it later? I've just come to the nexus, you might easily tell, but why not clear it up?"

ApeofLight
2010-09-28, 07:33 PM
Teb sighs and turns towards Lily. " If I wasn't clear about what I meant then listen closely. I don't like you. I'm a bit disgusted even by your presence. So, if you would leave me to my thoughts. " Teb makes a small shooing motion with his hand at Lily.

happyturtle
2010-09-28, 07:37 PM
The Moffclone, still on fire, nods hello. What's new?

"Nothing really. Boredom." Darcy says.

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 07:42 PM
Because I'm not totally sure where he is, Zanny walks into the Black Dragon's Den! The red-haired bard is covered in enchantments, as always, that make him more charismatic and noticeable. In a good way. He gives a sparkling smile and wink to each and every attractive lady in the bar. An NPC swoons.

The bard vaults into a seat and orders a Firewine. Sipping it (with no ill effects), he looks around. And sees the Moffclone.

"You're on fire."

Zanny is very attentive!

Recaiden
2010-09-28, 07:44 PM
"Oh, I don't mind a bit, sir." Lily says, trying very hard to keep the sarcasm out of his voice. "You really zouldn't keep your thoughts all penned up like dat. Dey'll go wild and trample you, you know."
He surmises that even if this is not his target, the man is clearly hiding something.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 07:46 PM
"Nothing really. Boredom." Darcy says.

The Moffclone pokes her. Possibly lighting her on fire, accidentally. You should come back to AMEN. It's fun, we'll keep Gordon from doing anything. Turns to Zanny. Pretty cool, right?

happyturtle
2010-09-28, 07:48 PM
"I'm not really fond of being continually bullied." Darcy says with a sigh. "Not fun at all, for me or my player."

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 07:49 PM
Flaming hawt Reinholdt enters, scowling in general. He's not fond of the reputation of this place, but Trog's would shoot him on sight, and evil witches and their hell-spawn have taken over Taverna, and Lulz has apparently closed again, leaving this his only recourse.

He takes a seat and looks at the menu before ordering several drinks.

ApeofLight
2010-09-28, 07:49 PM
Oh, he is. But he isn't saying anything anymore. Just glaring out from under his hood at Lily.

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 07:50 PM
"I suppose. If you like being on fire..."

Zanny smirks and drinks some more of his firewine. His eyes flicker to Darcy, and then back to the Moff.

"AMEN? How's that organization going? I heard it was a train-wreck, fights for leadership and whatnot."

Rumors! Zanny hears them off-screen!

"Oh, hey Reinholdt. Doing... Not so well still?"

Zanny nods at Reinholdt. Bloody ninja-kitties sneaking up on me.

Recaiden
2010-09-28, 07:53 PM
Lily glances towards Reinholdt as he enters. He's heard scary things about this one. Lily then looks back at his non-conversation partner and glares from under the helmet's visor.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 07:53 PM
"I'm not really fond of being continually bullied." Darcy says with a sigh. "Not fun at all, for me or my player."

The Moffclone frowns. Who do I have to light on fire? Is it Gordon? Because I'll do it, I really will. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 07:55 PM
"Oh, hey Reinholdt. Doing... Not so well still?"

Zanny nods at Reinholdt. Bloody ninja-kitties sneaking up on me.

"Worse if that can be believed. Stupid world." Reinholdt chugs another thing that probably shouldn't be mixed with that thing he just chugged previously.

"You?"

happyturtle
2010-09-28, 07:56 PM
"Everyone else there is cool. You, Jack, Rot, Ilphy... I mean, being mistrusted is expected in an evil organization. Gordon's the only one who actually went out of his way to be a jerk though." Darcy says.

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 07:56 PM
"Well, I'm still doing pretty good..."

Awwwkwaaaard. :smallredface: Zanny hasn't gotten into any srs buziness yet... Maybe another sip might clear this up. Or at least, that's what Zanny must think.

ApeofLight
2010-09-28, 08:00 PM
Glare...

Shift stare to no where particular.

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 08:01 PM
"Well, I'm still doing pretty good..."

Awwwkwaaaard. :smallredface: Zanny hasn't gotten into any srs buziness yet... Maybe another sip might clear this up. Or at least, that's what Zanny must think.

"Well screw you then." :smallannoyed:

Geeze, that wasn't very nice. :smalleek:
Reinholdt must be in a really bad mood today.
Reinholdt orders more drinks, despite only going through two glasses. Looks like a party on his table.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 08:03 PM
"Everyone else there is cool. You, Jack, Rot, Ilphy... I mean, being mistrusted is expected in an evil organization. Gordon's the only one who actually went out of his way to be a jerk though." Darcy says.

Well, the rest of us want you back. And if we all actually got off our asses and told Gordon to shut up, trust me, he would. :smallannoyed:

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 08:05 PM
"Hey man, not my fault your luck is bad. Sorry though..."

Zanny winces. Yeah, that didn't work. And Reinholdt probably had enough loot (Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire was one of his more mentioned titles) to pay for his own drinks. So... What could the bard do? Well, he could probably use magic, but that would be "immoral". Whatever that means.

McBish
2010-09-28, 08:07 PM
Angie slips out of deadtime and glances around at the suddenly busy tavern.

happyturtle
2010-09-28, 08:08 PM
Darcy gives a half smile. "I'll think about it," she says. And then deadtimes drinking her excellent whiskey.

ApeofLight
2010-09-28, 08:10 PM
Teb looks at Angie and decides to move away from Lily and towards a seat that is closer to Angie.

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 08:10 PM
"I really don't understand my luck honestly. It seems to go up and down and up and down. But there's nothing in between. It's always plus a hundred percent or minus a hundred percent. Stupid world."

*chug*

Reinholdt glances over at Angie, thinking he may have seen her once but never interacted. He'll shrug and glance back at his drinking party.

"So what're you doing here? Didn't think tavern was your type."

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 08:14 PM
Was that last question directed at Zanny? If not, disregard this.

"Hm? Oh, every tavern is my type."

The bard smirks. This time he doesn't sip his wine though. What a tweest!

"You can meet more people if you move from place to place. Or else you wind up seeing the same exact faces every day."

McBish
2010-09-28, 08:21 PM
Angie spots Reinholdt glancing at her and quickly remembers seeing him once before. Someone that Hawt is hard to forget.

Though it seems that most of those people know each other and she isn't about to go and join their drinking circle. So she orders herself a drink and stays at the bar only occasionally glancing at Reinholdt.

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 08:25 PM
He was talking to Zanny, yes.
"I hate faces. Stupid world." :smallannoyed:
*chug*
"As a bard can you change your face? Disguise yourself?"

Reinholdt finally decides to wave at Angie after noticing a glance or two.
"Hey."
Reinholdt only knows Zanny! Well... he knows the Moff, but he thinks the Moff is crazy. He doesn't know that it's not the Moff he knows, but rather the Moff. But that's ok.

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 08:28 PM
"Oh, yes. I really don't see it necessary all that often. It's been, hm, 147 years? since I last changed my appearance."

Zanny is pretty good with time, ain't he? The bard strokes a string on his lyre and suddenly, he has Reinholdt's hawt face. Only for 3 seconds though, the illusion disappears quickly and Zanny's hawt face is back. :smalltongue:

McBish
2010-09-28, 08:32 PM
Hi there. Sorry you have a familiar face I thought I've seen you before. By the way I'm Angie.

She says smiling at him and picking up her cup and sipping from it.

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 08:35 PM
"Oh, yes. I really don't see it necessary all that often. It's been, hm, 147 years? since I last changed my appearance."

Zanny is pretty good with time, ain't he? The bard strokes a string on his lyre and suddenly, he has Reinholdt's hawt face. Only for 3 seconds though, the illusion disappears quickly and Zanny's hawt face is back. :smalltongue:
"What're you? Some sorta... dragon or something in disguise?" :smallconfused:
147 years is a long time!

Hi there. Sorry you have a familiar face I thought I've seen you before. By the way I'm Angie.

She says smiling at him and picking up her cup and sipping from it.

"Reinholdt. Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." Reinholdt gives a slightly inebriated flourish.

"Yeah, I've seen you around."

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 08:39 PM
"Pretty much, yeah. Disguise is an inaccurate description though. I just don't usually fit inside taverns."

Now Zanny takes a sip of the firewine. And gives another smirk, with shiny teeth showing. This time, however, a tiny prick of magic is used to make his teeth seem rather sharp and pointy. Only for a second though, and one might think their eyes are playing tricks on them.

McBish
2010-09-28, 08:44 PM
A pleasure to meet you Reinholdt. Yeah I have been around for awhile. So you on the trail of any good treasure at the moment?

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 08:49 PM
"Pretty much, yeah. Disguise is an inaccurate description though. I just don't usually fit inside taverns."

Now Zanny takes a sip of the firewine. And gives another smirk, with shiny teeth showing. This time, however, a tiny prick of magic is used to make his teeth seem rather sharp and pointy. Only for a second though, and one might think their eyes are playing tricks on them.
"Bloody dragons. Always coming in and breeding with other species before stealing their gold. Great start for treasure hunters though. Don't suppose you have a huge stash you're willing to let me steal?"

Reinholdt smirks just a bit before sipping another drink. He's slowed down at least.

A pleasure to meet you Reinholdt. Yeah I have been around for awhile. So you on the trail of any good treasure at the moment?

"If treasure was made from trouble, death, and frustration perhaps." :smallannoyed:

"A good old treasure hunt would be nice if I weren't so busy really. What about you? What do you do?"

McBish
2010-09-28, 08:51 PM
I am a healer and a sometimes warden of the mental institute called HALO. Though I really prefer the healer part of my job.

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 08:52 PM
"Hey! I take offense to that!

I use protection."

:smallannoyed: It's a bard spell. :smalltongue:

"My hoard is not for stealing either."

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 08:55 PM
I am a healer and a sometimes warden of the mental institute called HALO. Though I really prefer the healer part of my job.
"Really? Like... a doctor? They have an entire mental institute? What's it like? Do you like your job?" Reinholdt seems rather interested in this topic.

"Hey! I take offense to that!

I use protection."

:smallannoyed: It's a bard spell. :smalltongue:

"My hoard is not for stealing either."

"I suppose you tell that to all the women. How many Zanny Juniors are dipping into your pockets for child support?" :smalltongue:
*chug*

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 08:59 PM
"Absolutely none. I've seen what cross-species can produce. My parents set some rather... horrifying... examples. Half-dragon black puddings exist. Anyway, the particular spell is a cantrip for us bards."

Zanny contemplates making a snide comment on Reinholdt's own reproduction, but after those two children the cat has had... A bit too soon, lets say.

McBish
2010-09-28, 09:01 PM
Sorry just a little joke of mine, we don't really have a mental institute we are just filled with crazy people most of the time. I am a better healer of bodies then of minds. Though I have a little bit of aptitude for that as well. Just not the right mindset usually. Angie says with a small smile.

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 09:07 PM
"Absolutely none. I've seen what cross-species can produce. My parents set some rather... horrifying... examples. Half-dragon black puddings exist. Anyway, the particular spell is a cantrip for us bards."

Zanny contemplates making a snide comment on Reinholdt's own reproduction, but after those two children the cat has had... A bit too soon, lets say.
Reinholdt gives Zanny a funny look. But... it's really hard to make a comeback after Half-dragon black puddings.
Like really hard.

Sorry just a little joke of mine, we don't really have a mental institute we are just filled with crazy people most of the time. I am a better healer of bodies then of minds. Though I have a little bit of aptitude for that as well. Just not the right mindset usually. Angie says with a small smile.

"Oh. Well that's alright. I've still... I still am curious if you like being a doctor and all. I hear it's a real rewarding profession. My... best friend was a doctor..." Reinholdt trails off and swirls his drink a bit, contemplating things. He knows doctors he likes and doctors he doesn't, that's for sure.

"And don't mind the insanity. We're all mad here."

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 09:10 PM
Zanny grins and nods at Angie.

"Hey there, name's Zanny."

Then he looks between the two. Consider the conversation three-way, so Reinholdt doesn't have to answer each separately. Cause that's just silly. :smalltongue:

McBish
2010-09-28, 09:14 PM
Oh I know, I've lived in the nexus for a long time and am used to seeing insanity as commonplace.

As for being a doctor I don't know if I can really claim that title, I never had any formal training. My healing powers are something I was born with, I've tried to pick up more medical training as I go but something usually gets in the way. I know some first aid and a bit of pharmaceuticals. I have been studying anatomy and surgery but I don't think I would risk any patients life with experimentation.

But yeah I like being a healer. Though sometimes it can be tiring.

Nice to meet you Zanny, I'm Angie.

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 09:17 PM
Zanny grins and nods at Angie.

"Hey there, name's Zanny."

Then he looks between the two. Consider the conversation three-way, so Reinholdt doesn't have to answer each separately. Cause that's just silly. :smalltongue:
NEVER!
Eh. Ok.

Oh I know, I've lived in the nexus for a long time and am used to seeing insanity as commonplace.

As for being a doctor I don't know if I can really claim that title, I never had any formal training. My healing powers are something I was born with, I've tried to pick up more medical training as I go but something usually gets in the way. I know some first aid and a bit of pharmaceuticals. I have been studying anatomy and surgery but I don't think I would risk any patients life with experimentation.

But yeah I like being a healer. Though sometimes it can be tiring.

Nice to meet you Zanny, I'm Angie.
"Born with healing powers. Boy, that's a gift worth having. Consider yourself lucky."

Reinholdt stares off at the wall. "Stupid world." :smallannoyed:

"So what's a healer like you doing in a seedy place like this?"

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 09:20 PM
"Hmm... I know a bit about healing, but restorative conjuration isn't exactly my specialty. What do the healing powers entail, exactly?"

Zanny's bard healing is for petty but annoying ailments, like headaches, scrapes, hangovers, and colds. He won't admit it, but he also has a "cure" for pregnancy. Stoopid controversial dragons, with their darker gray mortality. :smallannoyed:

McBish
2010-09-28, 09:26 PM
Angie chuckles at that. Oh I wouldn't be so sure, I heal people by taking their pain. And if I don't heal people I loose control of my empathic powers and start to feel the emotion of all the people in a couple mile radius.

And I like it here, they offer some services that most places don't. Plus I like meeting new people.

And I can heal pretty much any sort of injury but illnesses and poison are a bit hard for me. I can raise people but it costs me pretty dearly.

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 09:30 PM
"Oh. One of those blessing and curse deals then? That sucks. Stupid world. Can't even give one girl a nice gift without tieing strings to it." :smallannoyed:

Reinholdt chugs some more. Why is he still able to speak clearly conscious? :smalleek:

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 09:33 PM
"Ooh. That kind of healing. Youch, though helping people is always good I suppose."

Zanny sounds sympathetic and is a bit embarrassed that he gets all the good magic and luck. Wait, no, who am I kidding, he's really gloating inside. Green dragons are jerks.

McBish
2010-09-28, 09:37 PM
Your telling me, but you make do with what you got.

And yeah I like helping people and all just wish I had a little more choice in helping them.

Angie finishes off her drink and orders another one as well.

So Zanny you are a dragon huh?

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 09:40 PM
"Yup. Pure and green, no kinks or unpleasantness in my ancestry. Probably the only child my parents had that was right..."

Huh. One might get the vibe that "kinks or unpleasantness" refers to humans and other humanoids.

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 09:41 PM
"Birthing ish overrated. Kids should be outlawwed."
*chug*

McBish
2010-09-28, 09:43 PM
Oh Reinholdt I really doubt that would ever happen. Besides what do you have against kids?

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 09:45 PM
"Ouuh."

Zanny winces at Angie's question. Awwwkwaaard.

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 09:47 PM
"Nothing. They're wonderful. Really. Not some horrid monstrous things that are the embodiment of evil or destruction incarnate. No, cause that'd be ridiculous. Normal kids are great. Yes." :smallannoyed:
Reinholdt actually does like kids. Look at Lyanna and Estia. He just... has bad luck when it comes to his own. He doesn't even want to know how the monster one Tanker raped out of him will turn out. Hideous looking and evil as it was.

McBish
2010-09-28, 09:53 PM
Angie doesn't need to be an empath to sense that she has stumbled onto a sensitive subject.

Oh. So Zanny what do you do for a living?

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 09:57 PM
"I'm a bard. I play music. Care to hear some?"

The question was obviously rhetorical, as Zanny immediately takes his lyre up and launches into a rousing ballade. A bowler hat appears in front of him to put money into.

The rolling notes played are infused with magic and make those hearing feel relaxed and relieves stress. A little added section for the occasion attempts to make Reinholdt forget (not permanently, just for the moment) some of his... poorer choices in life. And of course, it implants a tiny nagging feeling to tip the awesome bard guy for playing for you. Its technically not robbery. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 10:09 PM
Zanny is tipped well. Reinholdt's always been a strong tipper. Plus he seems to be feeling better! Though still irritated in general.
"Draconic bards tend to be naturals from my understanding."

VampireRot
2010-09-28, 10:13 PM
"Dragons tend to be naturals at everything, really. But yes, it was much easier compared to a human's learning experience."

Ohh, Zanny, you speciesist you. Also, any money placed in the hat disappears into Zanny's hoard. That way it can't just be taken out of the hat.

Deadtime too. :smallfrown:

McBish
2010-09-28, 10:14 PM
Angie smiles enjoying the music. She knows enough about manipulating emotions to sense what is going on. She tries to help out with the calming effect especially on Reinholdt. Meanwhile she tosses a few small coins into the hat.

Yeah I always enjoyed listening to a good musician. Actually that was another reason I came to this place. I heard who bought it and remembered hearing him play before I was hoping to again.

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 10:16 PM
"Really? Who bought it?" :smallconfused:
Reinholdt seems pretty darn chill now. He's stopped drinking, though there's still a bunch of glasses on the table.

McBish
2010-09-28, 10:20 PM
A old drow named Raril. He has been in the nexus for a long time, I heard him play when I was a kid at Trog's.

Recaiden
2010-09-28, 10:23 PM
Lily moves over towards Angie as well, not sitting right by the mysterious man, merely drawn by mention of Raril.

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 10:24 PM
"Raril?!" :eek:
A brief look of terror flashes over Reinholdt's face before he covers it up, glancing around for potential exits.

McBish
2010-09-28, 10:25 PM
Angie looks a bit alarmed at the alarm Reinholdt is showing. Yeah. Um is something wrong?

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 10:30 PM
"Oh. Well... errr... Raril is... Raril's scary." Reinholdt has this unusual fear of Raril that doesn't seem to be present for all the other people that randomly threaten him. I don't get it myself.

Recaiden
2010-09-28, 10:31 PM
"He's got a point." Lily chimes in. "I hear he's a truly terrifying man." One should ignore the extreme anti-Raril bias of his sources.

McBish
2010-09-28, 10:34 PM
Angie frowns a bit and shrugs. Really I haven't heard of anything that would make me think he would be scary.

Reinholdt
2010-09-28, 10:42 PM
Reinholdt looks around to make sure Raril isn't around before leaning over to whisper.

"He threatened to cut off my ears."

Artemis97
2010-09-28, 11:18 PM
And speak of the devil...

Well, Drow in this case.

Raril walks in the front door, looking a tad tired. For some reason, his walk back to the bar took him a few weeks. He smiles a bit, though, seeing the place full of people.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-28, 11:26 PM
The Moffclone, still on fire, gropes in his jacket for a knife. He's not quite sure what's going down, but he has a pretty shrewd idea that he can use it as an excuse to stab people. :smallwink: