PDA

View Full Version : Rae's Really Rascally and Ridiculously Rowdy Random Banter #152

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

absolmorph
2011-01-09, 06:22 PM
Servants?

*looks left*
*looks right*

Don't think I have any.

True. But I don't have any servants :smallfrown:
That's just me, then?

Besides, needs are fine. It's just a bit of metal poking through your body. People do it all the time with earrings.
The last time I got a shot (which was when I was like 8), I hurled myself out of the room to get away from the needle.
I don't do well with needles .-.

DraPrime
2011-01-09, 06:25 PM
The last time I got a shot (which was when I was like 8), I hurled myself out of the room to get away from the needle.
I don't do well with needles .-.

You know, I didn't read the "a" there, which made me think "why on earth was anyone shooting an 8 year old? And why does he say 'the last time?' Does this mean he's been shot multiple times?"

Then I realized you meant "a shot." :smallsigh:

Eruantion
2011-01-09, 06:25 PM
ADD/HD. (Ever heard of a guy called Dr. Amen?) Because my parents are paranoied~~~

No I haven't. So it was like an experimental study thing?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-09, 06:32 PM
You know, I didn't read the "a" there, which made me think "why on earth was anyone shooting an 8 year old? And why does he say 'the last time?' Does this mean he's been shot multiple times?"

A 9 year old was shot and killed this weekend. Some people are messed up.

No I haven't. So it was like an experimental study thing?

Sort of, not really. They were basically testing to see if I had it. I do. (Which makes sense.) The guy just have different types of ADD/HD identified. (Which are different dpendng on how your brain works whcih they see with a SPECT Scan.)

Thufir
2011-01-09, 06:34 PM
Perhaps one could simply be fed through an IV drip, thus freeing the hands to type and click. This seems like the most elegant solution.

But you'd lose out on the flavour. The delicious flavour.

No they don't. It's just a little jab, and after that, it doesn't hurt anymore.

It's quick, it's clean, and it's pure,
It could change your life, rest assured...

DraPrime
2011-01-09, 06:36 PM
A 9 year old was shot and killed this weekend. Some people are messed up.

I'm aware. :smallfrown:

But you'd lose out on the flavour. The delicious flavour.

That is why one should also have a supply of candies nearby, to give you some nice flavor.

absolmorph
2011-01-09, 06:36 PM

I wish the last time I got shot was when I was 8.
It's only been a couple weeks since I got shot. I should've gotten a Nerf gun for myself when I gave one to my brother for Christmas.

DraPrime
2011-01-09, 06:38 PM
I wish the last time I got shot was when I was 8.
It's only been a couple weeks since I got shot. I should've gotten a Nerf gun for myself when I gave one to my brother for Christmas.

What happened? :smalleek:

edit: *facepalm*

I just read the white text.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-09, 06:40 PM
I'm aware. :smallfrown:

*Feels like an jerk now*

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-09, 06:51 PM
why is the world so cruel?

Perenelle
2011-01-09, 06:52 PM

:smallfrown: :smallsigh: That question can be applied to too many things.

PJ the Epic
2011-01-09, 06:54 PM
:smallfrown: :smallsigh: That question can be applied to too many things.

Such as why is the weather so cruel?

Seriously, it's snowed here for the last week. Not happy. This winter was going so well, too, but now I'm trapped indoors. :smallfrown:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-09, 06:54 PM
My friend just came up with an alternate theory for everything. It also makes perfect sense.

Y'know, I don't mind him being so smart. I just wish he wasn't so goddamn smug and superior about it.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-09, 06:56 PM
My friend just came up with an alternate theory for everything. It also makes perfect sense.

Y'know, I don't mind him being so smart. I just wish he wasn't so goddamn smug and superior about it.

Why is he your friend then?

PJ the Epic
2011-01-09, 06:57 PM

What is the summary of this theory? :smallconfused:

KuReshtin
2011-01-09, 06:59 PM
Good luck sneaking it in. :smalltongue:
They don't care about such things over here. As long as I carry it in a plastic supermarket bag, it'd be fine.
Until I got into the actual cinema theatre, and all the people around me would start throwing things at me and threatening me with grievous bodily harm.

Really? and you still typed fine? I had mine on the back of my hand, it just seems like it would be awkward to me.

It's not that big a deal. Especially with a laptop, sitting in bed with the bed back up and the side table right in front of you.
You don't really move your hands that far and that vigorously when typing in general, so it's not a big deal.

absolmorph
2011-01-09, 07:01 PM
Because it hasn't been taught that being mean will get you hurt.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-09, 07:05 PM
They don't care about such things over here. As long as I carry it in a plastic supermarket bag, it'd be fine.
Until I got into the actual cinema theatre, and all the people around me would start throwing things at me and threatening me with grievous bodily harm.

Lucky punk. I still think they would ask for you to get rid of it if it was making that much noise beofre the film even started. Special case afterall.

KuReshtin
2011-01-09, 07:09 PM
Lucky punk. I still think they would ask for you to get rid of it if it was making that much noise beofre the film even started. Special case afterall.

Carrying it in a secondary bag wouldn'r cause much noise, and then I'd just have to wait until a bit after the film started to open it up.
I don't get hung up on the difficulties that much when it comes to science. :smallwink:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-09, 07:09 PM
Why is he your friend then?

Poor choice of words.

What is the summary of this theory? :smallconfused:

Uh. Oh god, it takes forever to explain, and it makes sense when he says it, but I don't know how to explain it myself. It has something to do with matter displacing space, and that displaced space wanting to return to it's original position, and that force is gravity, not gravitrons, or whatever. And a bunch of other things based around that.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-09, 07:10 PM
Carrying it in a secondary bag wouldn'r cause much noise...
Oh yes it would.

Poor choice of words.

That how all bad friends are made. :smallfrown:

KuReshtin
2011-01-09, 07:15 PM
Oh yes it would.

I doubt the validity of this statement.
IN the videos posted to prove the nooisiness of the bags, people are carrying the bags themselves around without them making much noise, so carrying them in a secondary bag would then logically not produce much mre noise than that.

I put it to you, my dear man, to disprove the above by providing case study that I am incorrect. Preferrably using video evidence. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

PJ the Epic
2011-01-09, 07:17 PM
Uh. Oh god, it takes forever to explain, and it makes sense when he says it, but I don't know how to explain it myself. It has something to do with matter displacing space, and that displaced space wanting to return to it's original position, and that force is gravity, not gravitrons, or whatever. And a bunch of other things based around that.

Oh, not like mine, then. I spent forever one psych class debating with a girl on reality.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-09, 07:20 PM
I doubt the validity of this statement.
IN the videos posted to prove the nooisiness of the bags, people are carrying the bags themselves around without them making much noise, so carrying them in a secondary bag would then logically not produce much mre noise than that.

I guess it all depends on how you walk. I would still make noise.

I put it to you, my dear man, to disprove the above by providing case study that I am incorrect. Preferrably using video evidence. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Sadly, I don't have a video camera.

KuReshtin
2011-01-09, 07:27 PM
I guess it all depends on how you walk. I would still make noise.
For a big man, I do move deceptively slow, and I'm pretty sure that I could sneak it in without anyone realising. Until it was too late. :smallbiggrin:

Sadly, I don't have a video camera.

Unacceptable. Science requires you to get one.

FOR SCIENCE!

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-09, 07:32 PM
For a big man, I do move deceptively slow, and I'm pretty sure that I could sneak it in without anyone realising. Until it was too late. :smallbiggrin:

Stocky-Bag-Ninja, AWAY!

FOR SCIENCE!

How about this. You mail me a Video Camera, and I'll mail you a SunChip Banshee Bag from Hell. Deal?

EDIT: (No, this isn't a joke.)

PJ the Epic
2011-01-09, 07:33 PM
I thought Sun Chips went back to their old bag because so many people complained about this. Am I wrong? I could've sworn I saw that on the news. :smallconfused:

Perenelle
2011-01-09, 07:37 PM
I thought Sun Chips went back to their old bag because so many people complained about this. Am I wrong? I could've sworn I saw that on the news. :smallconfused:

I think they did, and then they started making them again. I bought Sun Chips in the noisy bag a couple days ago.

PJ the Epic
2011-01-09, 07:40 PM
I think they did, and then they started making them again. I bought Sun Chips in the noisy bag a couple days ago.

I just checked my pantry, their all the new / old ones (the non-noisy type). I just bought them too. :smallconfused:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-09, 07:42 PM

I did too, but I've eaten out of one in the last 2 weeks, and it was a bit before that when they said they were getting rid of them...

EDIT: Ninja-ed. Apparently the noise is just too much fun. :smallwink:

Perenelle
2011-01-09, 07:44 PM
I just checked my pantry, their all the new / old ones (the non-noisy type). I just bought them too. :smallconfused:

:smallconfused: hmm... well, their website (http://www.sunchips.com/healthier_planet.shtml?s=content_compostable_packa ging) says they still have it. Dunno.

KuReshtin
2011-01-09, 07:46 PM
How about this. You mail me a Video Camera, and I'll mail you a SunChip Banshee Bag from Hell. Deal?

EDIT: (No, this isn't a joke.)

But.. I don't have your address.
Tell you what. Send me a mail to [email protected] and I'll mail you a video camera. Promise.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-09, 07:48 PM
But.. I don't have your address.
Tell you what. Send me a mail to [email protected] and I'll mail you a video camera. Promise.

OK. I will then.

EDIT: OK I did. How long should I wait?

KuReshtin
2011-01-09, 07:53 PM
OK. I will then.

EDIT: OK I did. How long should I wait?

The camera is on it's way.

Edit: And it's a nice HD camera as well.

PJ the Epic
2011-01-09, 07:59 PM
:smallconfused: hmm... well, their website (http://www.sunchips.com/healthier_planet.shtml?s=content_compostable_packa ging) says they still have it. Dunno.

Huh. Maybe it's just where I shop then.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-09, 08:01 PM
The camera is on it's way.

Edit: And it's a nice HD camera as well.

Good. Im glad. (It batter be.) (Was that really yor email? :smallconfused:)

Ranger Mattos
2011-01-09, 09:24 PM

Sounds interesting. Perhaps you could get him to write it up and you can post it here.

FOR SCIENCE!

I need to get a video camera, too.

FOR SCIENCE!

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-09, 09:35 PM
I just listened to a song by Die Antwoord and a song by Elbow side by side.

It is... like slipping into a cleansing, rose-infused bath, with lavender bubbles, and then jumping face-first into a pile of much that has a rock in the center that you bang your elbow on, and there's a large penis drawn on the rock. That then becomes imprinted on your forehead, somehow.

A little... disconcerting. Both are fine on their own. Together... doesn't work.

DraPrime
2011-01-10, 12:04 AM
I have been listening to this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQycQ8DABvc&feature=player_embedded) all the time today. Man, Monty Python is awesome.

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
who was very rarely stable...

KuReshtin
2011-01-10, 06:16 AM
Good. Im glad. (It batter be.) (Was that really yor email? :smallconfused:)

It is the email account I set up for the short-lived project of collecting different accents of people on the boards.
So yes, I got the email you sent, and yes, I replied to it.

Archonic Energy
2011-01-10, 08:08 AM
i have an essex/london accent... did you document that?

KuReshtin
2011-01-10, 08:30 AM
i have an essex/london accent... did you document that?

Did you send in a recording of your voice to the voices.itp email account?

Didn't think so.

ReynardCity
2011-01-10, 10:34 AM
I'm on youtube so you can hear my light Norfolk/Suffolk border accent (Random trivia- Julian Assange has to check into my local police station!)

Eruantion
2011-01-10, 01:39 PM
So, today my area is supposed to get the start of a winter storm. School, at least in my county, was cancelled because snow was supposed to start mid-day. What's more, we're in the start of finals week. It's almost two here, and there's not a flake yet. What a waste :smallannoyed:

DraPrime
2011-01-10, 01:54 PM
So, today my area is supposed to get the start of a winter storm. School, at least in my county, was cancelled because snow was supposed to start mid-day. What's more, we're in the start of finals week. It's almost two here, and there's not a flake yet. What a waste :smallannoyed:

No joy at getting a day off, and thus more study time for your finals?

Eruantion
2011-01-10, 02:01 PM
No joy at getting a day off, and thus more study time for your finals?

Well, I study better in a class setting, when I'm being told the information. And also, we're inevitably going to have to make this day up sometime, probably on a Saturday or during spring break. :smallannoyed:
Also, even if I was good at studying alone... *looks around* well, it's clear what my preference is :smallamused:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-10, 03:16 PM
It is the email account I set up for the short-lived project of collecting different accents of people on the boards.
So yes, I got the email you sent, and yes, I replied to it.

Give me your adress and I WILL mail you an empty Sun-Chips bag.

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-10, 04:01 PM
I kicked a guy in the knee today and he dropped like a rock. 'Twas fun. :smallsmile:

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-10, 04:10 PM
I kicked a guy in the knee today and he dropped like a rock. 'Twas fun. :smallsmile:

i prefer to sneak up and charlie horse them

Eruantion
2011-01-10, 05:03 PM

Good sir, that is the best thing I've heard all day xD

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-10, 05:21 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f300/biancayoung/Randoms/Napolean.jpg

Yessss

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-10, 05:36 PM

Uhm. Any actual REASON?

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-10, 05:48 PM
Not enough to kick him in the shin like that. :smallfrown:

Eruantion
2011-01-10, 05:50 PM
Not enough to kick him in the shin like that. :smallfrown:
Well, what was the reason? I want to hear the story.

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-10, 05:54 PM
Never. :| I don't want to seem like an ass to the playground. :smallsmile: Basically, he called me a name. A lot. Ever since I've known him. I met him last semester.

Eruantion
2011-01-10, 05:56 PM
Never. :| I don't want to seem like an ass to the playground. :smallsmile: Basically, he called me a name. A lot. Ever since I've known him. I met him last semester.

No one thinks you're an ass for dropping this guy. Well, I don't, at least :smalltongue:

KuReshtin
2011-01-10, 07:43 PM
Curse that damn procrastination!
I had planned on fixing my couch today.
The night ended with the couch pretty well dismantled, with me sitting on the floor, in the frame of the couch, watching tv.
At least the couch is dismantled, and one side of the boards I need to fix it is marked out for drilling of holes.
Tomorrow's job: Marking out the other side and the actual drilling of said holes.
Possibly even reassembly of the couch.

Stupid, old couch deciding to start breaking.
Hopefully my plan including boards with holes drilled in them, and string will work. I would have used duct tape or super glue if I had any, but I don't have enough.
Maybe I'll duct tape some of the boards in place so they stay where I want them to stay.

Edit: BTW, I totally fail at DIY. This project, including my string theory, may fail miserably, and I might end up having to buy a new couch altogether.

DraPrime
2011-01-10, 07:45 PM
Curse that damn procrastination!
I had planned on fixing my couch today.
The night ended with the couch pretty well dismantled, with me sitting on the floor, in the frame of the couch, watching tv.
At least the couch is dismantled, and one side of the boards I need to fix it is marked out for drilling of holes.
Tomorrow's job: Marking out the other side and the actual drilling of said holes.
Possibly even reassembly of the couch.

Stupid, old couch deciding to start breaking.
Hopefully my plan including boards with holes drilled in them, and string will work. I would have used duct tape or super glue if I had any, but I don't have enough.
Maybe I'll duct tape some of the boards in place so they stay where I want them to stay.

Perhaps it is time for you to take up extreme asceticism. Depose of the comfort of a couch, and simply sit on the floor.

KuReshtin
2011-01-10, 07:51 PM
Perhaps it is time for you to take up extreme asceticism. Depose of the comfort of a couch, and simply sit on the floor.

But the couch is so much more comfy.
Well, when it's not broken, anyway.
And it's a great place to fall asleep as well. Just scootch down a bit, put my feet up and off to dreamland I drift.

Edit: I might have to take some pics of the carnage before (and during) my attempts at sorting it.

DraPrime
2011-01-10, 09:06 PM
But the couch is so much more comfy.
Well, when it's not broken, anyway.
And it's a great place to fall asleep as well. Just scootch down a bit, put my feet up and off to dreamland I drift.

Edit: I might have to take some pics of the carnage before (and during) my attempts at sorting it.

But asceticism! Couches are too weak for you!

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-10, 09:08 PM
Couches are comfy. Floors get very uncomfy.

I am a very materialistic person. I wish I had more money. :smallmad:

DraPrime
2011-01-10, 09:08 PM
Couches are comfy. Floors get very uncomfy.

I am a very materialistic person. I wish I had more money. :smallmad:

Get a nicer and comfier floor.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-10, 09:10 PM

Can't. Over 120 year old house. We're 'thiiiiis' --> <-- close to getting Heritage Site status on our block.

DraPrime
2011-01-10, 09:15 PM
Can't. Over 120 year old house. We're 'thiiiiis' --> <-- close to getting Heritage Site status on our block.

Hmmmm....in that case I suggest having a nice lawn, and sitting on that. A giant blob of jello is also a good idea. Anything but some sort of furniture is an acceptable solution here

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-10, 09:18 PM
Hmmmm....in that case I suggest having a nice lawn, and sitting on that. A giant blob of jello is also a good idea. Anything but some sort of furniture is an acceptable solution here

I have a townhouse. We have a tree. That is it. No lawn. No nice floors. Just a 125-year-old rowhouse (Middle of the row!)
14 feet wide.
My mum keeps giving me more information to post here. How joyful.

DraPrime
2011-01-10, 09:19 PM
I have a townhouse. We have a tree. That is it. No lawn. No nice floors. Just a 125-year-old rowhouse (Middle of the row!)
14 feet wide.
My mum keeps giving me more information to post here. How joyful.

Sit in the tree then! Bring the computer outside! :smallbiggrin:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-10, 09:22 PM
Sit in the tree then! Bring the computer outside! :smallbiggrin:

Pretty certain the tree's getting rotten. It also isn't... climbable. It's at least 25 feet up before you get to a branch.

DraPrime
2011-01-10, 09:24 PM
Pretty certain the tree's getting rotten. It also isn't... climbable. It's at least 25 feet up before you get to a branch.

You keep foiling my plans to make you do absurd things. :smallsigh:

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-10, 09:40 PM

Nothing super glue, duct tape and knifes can't do...

Amiel
2011-01-11, 12:12 AM

Are there any ghosts in your house?
'Cos you can totally charge money if people are interested in visiting your premises purely for historical and/or cultural reasons.

ION, on the topic of chips, has anyone (other than Australians) tried Smith's Heinz Big Red chips? They are god.

IOON, I totally want to be a cryptozoologist.

Gah, Melbourne, why must you be so humid ._.

DraPrime
2011-01-11, 12:36 AM
Gah, Melbourne, why must you be so humid ._.

Bah, don't complain. You don't have an impending snowstorm full of meteorological shenanigans heading your way.

Amiel
2011-01-11, 12:56 AM
Bah, don't complain. You don't have an impending snowstorm full of meteorological shenanigans heading your way.

I'm not going to lie, Melburnians are getting off pretty lightly :).
Speaking of which, certain parts of Australia will have an impending flood full of biblical shenanigans headed their way.

Hope you folks experience nothing too untoward and emerge relatively unscathed and blizzard free.

ION, *insert activity* is so much better on a big table.

Teddy
2011-01-11, 02:44 AM
School starts again today. I managed to come 1 hour and 20 minutes early for the first day. *sigh* :smallannoyed:

ION, *insert activity* is so much better on a big table.

That's true. I can't think of anything I've ever done that can't be better on a big table. I mean; eating, board gaming, flying...

Also, you avatar scares me. I think I'm going to sit in a corner and whimper for an hour now. :smalltongue:

KuReshtin
2011-01-11, 05:18 AM
Couches are too weak for you!
Obviously, since it's broken.

Couches are comfy.

Very much so.

Can't afford it. Also, floors are by their very nature not particularly comfy unless you put something on the floor that you can sit on.
Like a couch.

Hmmmm....in that case I suggest having a nice lawn, and sitting on that.

If I sit on the lawn, I can't see my tv. The only lawn I have available is to the back of the house, and my living room where the tv is is at the front of the house. I also live on the second floor (or first floor, if you don't count the ground floor as the first floor).

Bring the computer outside! :smallbiggrin:
It's cold and dark outside, and I don't have a long enough extension lead to be able to hook up the computer. And since the battery only lasts about 35 minutes (on a good day) that option doesn't work.
Also, I still can't see the tv from outside.

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-11, 10:19 AM
Can't afford it. Also, floors are by their very nature not particularly comfy unless you put something on the floor that you can sit on.
Like a couch.

or a fluffy area rug, i can recall many a time i've slept on my rug than on my bed

DraPrime
2011-01-11, 10:54 AM
Stuff

You missed my suggestion to use a big block of jello. :smalltongue:

KuReshtin
2011-01-11, 11:05 AM
You missed my suggestion to use a big block of jello. :smalltongue:

I didn't miss it. I ignored it.
Two distinctly different things. :smallwink:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-11, 03:30 PM
Project to convice Mom to allow me to mail Ku the Banshee Bag From Hell Begin Saturday. Sychronize your watches everybody. :smallcool:

...floors are by their very nature not particularly comfy unless you put something on the floor that you can sit on.

Sleep on Tatami mats and say that with conviction again. I dare you.

DraPrime
2011-01-11, 03:30 PM
Project to convice Mom to allow me to mail Ku the Banshee Bag From Hell Begin Saturday. Sychronize your watches everybody. :smallcool:

Wouldn't you only need the permission of the post office? :smallconfused:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-11, 03:33 PM
Wouldn't you only need the permission of the post office? :smallconfused:

Thats the second hurdle to overcome. I'm mailing it empty anyway. Im positive they would never allow it if it were full.

DraPrime
2011-01-11, 03:35 PM
Thats the second hurdle to overcome. I'm mailing it empty anyway. Im positive they would never allow it if it were full.

This reminds me of an article in the Annals of Improbable Research. Some group of researchers decided to see what weird things they could send through the mail. They hammers, shoes, coconuts, and even bricks, all unwrapped. I think the best result was when they tried to send a bottle of water by writing the address on it and putting on stamps. The mailman opened the mailbox where they put it in, looked puzzled for a second, and then drank the water as he walked away down the street.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-11, 03:40 PM
This reminds me of an article in the Annals of Improbable Research. Some group of researchers decided to see what weird things they could send through the mail. They hammers, shoes, coconuts, and even bricks, all unwrapped. I think the best result was when they tried to send a bottle of water by writing the address on it and putting on stamps. The mailman opened the mailbox where they put it in, looked puzzled for a second, and then drank the water as he walked away down the street.

Well, I'm thinking I'm going to have to cram it in an envelope or something. IDK. KU SHALL GET IT!!

I hope

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-11, 04:07 PM
I love how you're actually going through with this.

Are there any ghosts in your house?
'Cos you can totally charge money if people are interested in visiting your premises purely for historical and/or cultural reasons.

Not that I know of. Then again, we don't know much about the house, and it does have a drug-runner's passage in the basement, leading to the house next door.

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-11, 04:09 PM
Well, I'm thinking I'm going to have to cram it in an envelope or something. IDK. KU SHALL GET IT!!

I hope

flat rate shipping boxes from the post office. "if it fits it ships for a low flat rate":smalltongue:

KuReshtin
2011-01-11, 04:11 PM

Woohoo!! Noisy bag from hell on it's way!! Kinda.

Sleep on Tatami mats and say that with conviction again. I dare you.

A mat is something that you put on the floor. Thus, my point still stands that floors are uncomfortable unless you put something on them.

Couch is fixed!
Pics of the progress:
Dismantled couch (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/kureshtin/images/Couch1.jpg)
First holes drilled in new slats for the base. (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/kureshtin/images/Couch2.jpg) 16 rungs, three holes each end. That makes a lot of holes to be drilled.
Drilling done (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/kureshtin/images/Couch3.jpg)
New base slats placed. (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/kureshtin/images/Couch4.jpg) They were meant for a bed, so there were too many slats. Figured I'd close the spacing a bit where I tend to sit.:smallsmile: Also, note that they're secured by cable ties.:smallbiggrin:
Mattress back on. (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/kureshtin/images/Couch5.jpg)
Mattress cover back on, and Hey Presto! (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/kureshtin/images/Couch6.jpg)

Slats.. That was the correct word I was looking for.

Also, I ended up just using one cable tie for each end of the slats to secure them. I'd initially figured I'd use some string to tie them up even more securely, but figured the cable ties did the job well enough on their own. :smallwink:
Also, I was too lazy to do it.

DraPrime
2011-01-11, 04:20 PM
You fixed the couch? I still think the block of jello idea was better.

KuReshtin
2011-01-11, 04:28 PM
You fixed the couch? I still think the block of jello idea was better.

Of course I fixed the couch. I said I would, didn't I?

Drynwyn
2011-01-11, 05:00 PM
I am willing to try the block of jello. Just mail me a big hollow cube mold and 2000 gelatin packets.

DraPrime
2011-01-11, 05:05 PM
I am willing to try the block of jello. Just mail me a big hollow cube mold and 2000 gelatin packets.

Errrr....KuReshtin has it!

*runs*

KuReshtin
2011-01-11, 05:13 PM
Errrr....KuReshtin has it!

*runs*

Wait.. What? But I... No I don't..
I ated it all. :smallredface:

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-11, 05:33 PM

You obviously haven't slept in a mossy floor on an old house, it's mushy and soft until it begans growing on you.

Coidzor
2011-01-11, 05:45 PM
Heck, I've never even encountered moss other than the Spanish kind.

So I've gotta say, I'm kinda curious about what kind of moss will grow in an enclosed space without much sunlight. Sets off my fungalometer's paranoia settings just thinking about lichens and such.

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-11, 05:46 PM

So I've gotta say, I'm kinda curious about what kind of moss will grow in an enclosed space without much sunlight. Sets off my fungalometer's paranoia settings just thinking about lichens and such.

Old Victorian house next to the sea, the floor once made of marble became fluffy and green.

I not knowing any better thought it was a rug.

It was not a good day.

DraPrime
2011-01-11, 05:48 PM

Seems to me like only the fictional kind could.

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-11, 05:53 PM
Seems to me like only the fictional kind could.

Victorian House, Big windows, sunny almost year round.
My great-grandmother's house second floor was almost forgotten when she had an accident that left her on a wheel chair. They only did took care of the roof and some rooms in the second floor, what before was my grandfather's bedroom (before he moved out) became part of the house that was rarely taken care of.

DraPrime
2011-01-11, 05:55 PM
Victorian House, Big windows, sunny almost year round.
My great-grandmother's house second floor was almost forgotten when she had an accident that left her on a wheel chair. They only did took care of the roof and some rooms in the second floor, what before was my grandfather's bedroom (before he moved out) became part of the house that was rarely taken care of.

Huh. Wouldn't moss growing on the floors be bad for the house?

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-11, 05:57 PM
Huh. Wouldn't moss growing on the floors be bad for the house?

It is, that's why eventually that wing was given a complete remodelling after my great-grandmother died.

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-11, 06:24 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs038.ash2/35282_1331665622101_1544820460_30852021_5633577_n. jpg

logic bomb

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-11, 06:29 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs038.ash2/35282_1331665622101_1544820460_30852021_5633577_n. jpg

logic bomb

Why is it a logic bomb?

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-11, 06:38 PM
Why is it a logic bomb?

epic fail guy by nature fails.
godly luck implies winning

therefore epic fail guy won.

does not compute

DraPrime
2011-01-11, 06:39 PM

does not compute

So it's a contradiction? More like a logic grenade than a logic bomb.

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-11, 06:40 PM

does not compute

Amusing it is.

Coidzor
2011-01-11, 06:43 PM

does not compute

Wins at failing, or possibly at propagating himself in the collective unconsciousness as EFG. And thus everything is right with the universe.

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-11, 06:46 PM
Wins at failing, or possibly at propagating himself in the collective unconsciousness as EFG. And thus everything is right with the universe.

Failing is relative, wining is nothing more than failing at failing.

Eruantion
2011-01-11, 07:54 PM
So it's a contradiction? More like a logic grenade than a logic bomb.

Um... a grenade is like a little bomb... :smalltongue:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-11, 07:55 PM
flat rate shipping boxes from the post office. "if it fits it ships for a low flat rate":smalltongue:
Yeah. IN THE US.

Woohoo!! Noisy bag from hell on it's way!! Kinda.
Im sure I can talk my mom into it if I don't have to put a return to sender adress on it...

A mat is something that you put on the floor. Thus, my point still stands that floors are uncomfortable unless you put something on them.
But the Mat IS the floor. You would never remove it... That's like saying the carpet isn't the floor! Well, it's PART of the floor anyway.

Coidzor
2011-01-11, 07:56 PM
Failing is relative, wining is nothing more than failing at failing.

Well, then, EFG is inherently a contradiction due to his status as a meme. After all, Milhouse is not a meme, but EFG is.

Yeah. IN THE US.

No, no, no. The line is "IN AMERICA!" Now, once more with feeling!

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-11, 08:08 PM
No, no, no. The line is "IN AMERICA!" Now, once more with feeling!

Im sorry, but that's not the commercial.

But if it'll make you happy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olf-ObGcNt8

KuReshtin
2011-01-11, 08:14 PM
Im sure I can talk my mom into it if I don't have to put a return to sender adress on it...

All I'm interested in is the noisy bag. I ca have hours of fun with a noisy bag.
Don't need a return address.

But the Mat IS the floor. You would never remove it... That's like saying the carpet isn't the floor! Well, it's PART of the floor anyway.

No, the mat is something you've put on the floor and it can be easily removed. The carpet is part of the floor as it is fixed in place. A mat can be removed, and often are, to help with cleaning, and to take the mat outside to get the dirt out of it.
Therefore, the mat is not part of the floor.

absolmorph
2011-01-11, 09:13 PM
Apparently I do a really good impression of Bandit Keith's "IN AMERICA!" line from YGO!:TAS.
At least, to my own ears.
This may be related to my current state of not-well-ness.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-11, 09:14 PM
Apparently I do a really good impression of Bandit Keith's "IN AMERICA!" line from YGO!:TAS.
At least, to my own ears.
This may be related to my current state of not-well-ness.

Hows your "IN CANADA!" doing?

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-11, 10:48 PM
Well, then, EFG is inherently a contradiction due to his status as a meme. After all, Milhouse is not a meme, but EFG is.

millhouse is not a meme.
however, millhouse is not a meme is a meme.
just like millhouse is not a meme is a meme is not a meme

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-11, 11:24 PM
Everyone *hic* drink up, it's Sir John A MacDonald's birthday! Canada has the best *hic* Founding Fatherdude ever. Cause, as opposed to not going all "I cannot tell a lie", our founding fatherdude *hic* would go into parliament raging drunk. While Prime *hic* Minister.

And that is why we drink whisky on this day. *hic*.

Still disappointed it isn't a national holiday. It should be.

Also.

*hic*

Coidzor
2011-01-11, 11:25 PM
Neat whiskey or more exotic formulations? Sounds like fun either way.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-11, 11:27 PM
Neat whiskey or more exotic formulations? Sounds like fun either way.

Neater than a nursemaid drinking neat whisky.

Also.

Straight. :smallamused:

Sneak
2011-01-12, 12:35 AM
Shakespearean Who's On First (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaGHVWKrcpQ) (Abbott and Costello).

Is fantastic.

Heliomance
2011-01-12, 05:32 AM
You obviously haven't slept in a mossy floor on an old house, it's mushy and soft until it begans growing on you.

You missed a perfect opportunity for a terrible pun.

"You obviously haven't slept on a mossy floor in an old house. It's not too bad, it sort of grows on you."

Rawhide
2011-01-12, 07:19 AM
If you're a geek, check this out. If you like Ke$ha, check this out. If you don't like Ke$ha, check this out. If you're a geek and you like Ke$ha, check this out. If you're a geek and you don't like Ke$ha, check this out.
I have absolutely no love for the original, but this one is fun!
Heck, just, check this out (http://8bc.org/music/Castor/KeSha+-+TiK+ToK/).

Spiryt
2011-01-12, 07:22 AM
If you're a geek, check this out. If you like Ke$ha, check this out. If you don't like Ke$ha, check this out. If you're a geek and you like Ke$ha, check this out. If you're a geek and you don't like Ke$ha, check this out.

What if you're not geek and don't like Kesha? :smallwink:

Rawhide
2011-01-12, 07:23 AM
What if you're not geek and don't like Kesha? :smallwink:

Look closer, that one was clearly covered :smalltongue:.

P.S. You don't even have to hear her voice.

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-12, 08:12 AM
P.S. You don't even have to hear her voice.
That was the main reason I actually heard it from start to end instead of burning the speakers midway through.

KuReshtin
2011-01-12, 08:32 AM
I stopped the playback of Carole King for that!?!

Rubbish! Rubbish, I tellz ya!
I can see the appeal for some, though.

Rawhide
2011-01-12, 08:40 AM
I stopped the playback of Carole King for that!?!

Rubbish! Rubbish, I tellz ya!
I can see the appeal for some, though.

It's more for the amazing technical aspects of reproducing that so well that it is far better than the original with only 3 channels and no samples on a computer that's nearly 30 years old.

P.S. I've had the mp3 of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eJmYKN_1QE) on repeat while cleaning the house.

DraPrime
2011-01-12, 08:42 AM
THERE IS A BLIZZARD OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! :smallbiggrin:

KuReshtin
2011-01-12, 08:50 AM
THERE IS A BLIZZARD OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! :smallbiggrin:

http://blogs.roanoke.com/fridgemagnet/files/2009/08/blizzard.jpg

Wooooohoooooo!!!!

DraPrime
2011-01-12, 09:01 AM
You know, as sweet as this blizzard is, I now wish that stuff was falling out of the sky. I could shovel deliciousness! :smallbiggrin:

KuReshtin
2011-01-12, 09:08 AM
You know, as sweet as this blizzard is, I now wish that stuff was falling out of the sky. I could shovel deliciousness! :smallbiggrin:

That would be quite awesome, wouldn't it?

SMEE
2011-01-12, 09:09 AM

<3!

That's so awesome. There's nothing like old sound hardware producing some mod/midi/wave goodness. :smalltongue:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 09:09 AM
French exam in an hour (10) and Bio exam at 1... AHHHHHHHHH!! :smalleek:

The good thing is, they're my only classes today. :smallbiggrin:

Teddy
2011-01-12, 10:08 AM

That's... better than survivable, which is a lot better than what I can say about the original. I didn't like the synth, but still.

P.S. I've had the mp3 of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eJmYKN_1QE) on repeat while cleaning the house.

That's awesome. I can't stop laughing.

Also, jay! Rawhide is posting funny things here again! It feels like an eternity ago.*

*Note: This might be because my (semi-)near memory shuts down every now and then for some unclear reason, leaving me a bit scatterbrained in the process...

Coidzor
2011-01-12, 10:16 AM
Just when you're feeling down from the winter blues, Rawhide comes and gives you just what you need in order to get up and keep going. :smallbiggrin:

Simply wonderful.

Trobby
2011-01-12, 12:47 PM
It is currently incredibly sunny outside.

However, we have upwards of 10 inches of snow.

:3 It's pretty awesome, especially since we already got rid of most of it on the walks and I don't have to do anything~ <3

SMEE
2011-01-12, 03:02 PM
Yay!
My pink short shorts just got here.
It didn't take too long to cross all over the world from Australia to Brazil! :smallbiggrin:

On another random note, I must state that it's quite wet outside.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 03:11 PM
Yay!
My pink short shorts just got here.
It didn't take too long to cross all over the world from Australia to Brazil! :smallbiggrin:

Going across the Pacific shouldn't take as long as across the Atlantic and Asia... Right?

Teddy
2011-01-12, 03:14 PM
Reading on a good forum, listening to good music and the sweet, sweet sound of skeletons floating to their hot fiery death. Jup, this is a good evening.

SMEE
2011-01-12, 03:20 PM
Going across the Pacific shouldn't take as long as across the Atlantic and Asia... Right?

Except that the trade route is through Europe. :smalltongue:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 03:26 PM
Except that the trade route is through Europe. :smalltongue:

That could make it take a couple of days.

ION, I got an 87 on my Bio Mid-Term and Bio is my hardest class. :smallbiggrin: (I suppose I could have a worse grade in French...)

Teddy
2011-01-12, 03:34 PM
ION, I got an 87 on my Bio Mid-Term and Bio is my hardest class. :smallbiggrin: (I suppose I could have a worse grade in French...)

Congratulations! (I assume that it's 87 out of 100)

Dubious Pie
2011-01-12, 04:51 PM
It is almost time for me to choose my foreign language. (My school is run by escaped mental patients, it has to be.) What is the easiest language to learn for someone who will never need it. (Sadly they don't include Latin.)

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 04:53 PM
It is almost time for me to choose my foreign language. (My school is run by escaped mental patients, it has to be.) What is the easiest language to learn for someone who will never need it. (Sadly they don't include Latin.)

... Never need another language? 21st Centuary man. Globalization. You'll need it. Speaking of Language:

I'm suppose to be good at English, and I need to make up a Metaphor. Does: "Snow, God's dandruff, lightly fell across the field" work?

Eruantion
2011-01-12, 05:12 PM
... Never need another language? 21st Centuary man. Globalization. You'll need it. Speaking of Language:

I'm suppose to be good at English, and I need to make up a Metaphor. Does: "Snow, God's dandruff, lightly fell across the field" work?

Technically it works, but it makes snow sound kind of disgusting. :smalltongue:

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 05:12 PM
I just had a girl I've met once tell me she'll pull my endocrine system out of my body, feed it to the cats in heat outside her house, wear my hat as a sign of her victory and pour all my Mountain Dew into the ocean.
Then followed it with "enjoy your nightmares".
That's HARDLY nightmare material! I plotted my own murder once!
Oh, and she also said she wants to eat my children. My only response was that it may not be sanitary at the moment :smallamused:
Truly, I have a way with women.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 05:26 PM
Technically it works, but it makes snow sound kind of disgusting. :smalltongue:
Beauty be damned!

Women, or teenaged girls?

Eon
2011-01-12, 05:35 PM
I just had a girl I've met once tell me she'll pull my endocrine system out of my body, feed it to the cats in heat outside her house, wear my hat as a sign of her victory and pour all my Mountain Dew into the ocean.
Then followed it with "enjoy your nightmares".
That's HARDLY nightmare material! I plotted my own murder once!
Oh, and she also said she wants to eat my children. My only response was that it may not be sanitary at the moment :smallamused:

Interesting... :smalleek:

ION: I get to register for my classes now... So many choices...

GAH :smallfurious:

also, I want to take an AP Programming class... Only problem is it's online. So that's a change and it'll be mostly Independent Study, from what I understand. That leaves 2 main problems. 1st) Holy crap AP Class! 2nd) Responsibility. A lot of it.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 05:44 PM
Holy crap AP

I have AP English and US History next year. :smalleek:

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 05:46 PM
Women, or teenaged girls?
Yes. :smallcool:

Ranger Mattos
2011-01-12, 05:57 PM
That could make it take a couple of days.

I expect around the same thing on my bio exam, but to have French as my highest. It's my easiest class; the lowest I've gotten on a test all year is a 99.

I'm taking AP calc next year. I'm pretty sure that's worse.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 06:00 PM
I expect around the same thing on my bio exam, but to have French as my highest. It's my easiest class; the lowest I've gotten on a test all year is a 99.
French was the one class last year that I had C in (only for 1 Quarter though! But it was, in fact, due to my Mid-Term grade).

I'm taking AP calc next year. I'm pretty sure that's worse.
But I have 2 AP classes. I think it balances out. (Is good at math, but is not in a tough math class.)

Yes. :smallcool:
Yes which?

Oh, and Teenaged Boys ITP FTW. :smalltongue:

Eon
2011-01-12, 06:12 PM

Oh ya, I'm taking AP US History and maybe AP English too. And the rest Honors, pretty much...

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 06:18 PM
Oh ya, I'm taking AP US History and maybe AP English too. And the rest Honors, pretty much...

We stop having Honors in 11th and 12th. It's AP or Normal. Im on track to take AP French as a Senior, but I don't think Id actually pass the exam.

Eon
2011-01-12, 06:22 PM
We stop having Honors in 11th and 12th. It's AP or Normal. Im on track to take AP French as a Senior, but I don't think Id actually pass the exam.

Ya... Only a Freshman... So I get Honors still :smalltongue:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 06:33 PM

Freshman in AP Classes? How is that possible? (School doesn't have AP classes till 11th Grade.)

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 06:38 PM
Yes which?

Oh, and Teenaged Boys ITP FTW. :smalltongue:
I'm not gonna clarify that!

Indeed.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 06:40 PM
I'm not gonna clarify that!

Indeed.

Yes isn't an answer!!

Splendiferously.

SMEE
2011-01-12, 06:40 PM
Tonight has been good.
A friend really enjoyed my new shorts. REALLY enjoyed them...
And I ate tons of chocolate treaties after.

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 06:42 PM
Yes isn't an answer!!

Splendiferously.
Yes, it is. It's just not a standard one.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 06:52 PM
Tonight has been good.
A friend really enjoyed my new shorts. REALLY enjoyed them...
And I ate tons of chocolate treaties after.
Double-entendre? :smallconfused:

Yes, it is. It's just not a standard one.
To an either or question, it is not an answer.

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 06:56 PM
To an either or question, it is not an answer.
Is "both" a proper answer to the question you asked me?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 06:57 PM

Debatable. I personally wouldn't accept it. I would accept Young Woman. (How old are you again? :smallconfused:)

Rawhide
2011-01-12, 06:57 PM

Because "yes" is a nonstandard way of saying "both" to an either/or question.

SMEE
2011-01-12, 06:58 PM
Double-entendre? :smallconfused:

Absolutely not.
I'm too pure for that. It's even on my title and business card! :smallcool:

Rawhide
2011-01-12, 06:59 PM
Absolutely not.

...And your reply just proved that the answer is indeed "yes".

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 06:59 PM
Because "yes" is a nonstandard way of saying "both" to an either/or question.
What. My brain hurts.

Absolutely not.
License and registration ma'am.

Oh crap. I iust quoted 2 mods at once. I'm so dead. :smalleek:

SMEE
2011-01-12, 07:00 PM
...And your reply just proved that the answer is indeed "yes".

It did? :smallconfused:
Oh well. I'm glad I solved that conundrum then!

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 07:11 PM
Debatable. I personally wouldn't accept it. I would accept Young Woman. (How old are you again? :smallconfused:)
And I'd still give it.
16 years, 10 months and 10 days (I added an extra month in a post a little while ago. Calendar math is weird.).
However, I've had a non-standard life.

What. My brain hurts.
Saying "yes" to an either-or question is another, non-standard, way of saying "both".
As in, both answers apply.
In this case, I said I have a way with teenage girls and women.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 07:16 PM
And I'd still give it.
16 years, 10 months and 10 days (I added an extra month in a post a little while ago. Calendar math is weird.).
However, I've had a non-standard life.

And how old was she?

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 07:18 PM
And how old was she?
Not sure. 16-17 range, I'm guessing. This was the second time I've talked to her. The first was over a year ago.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 07:22 PM
Not sure. 16-17 range, I'm guessing. This was the second time I've talked to her. The first was over a year ago.

Not a women then.

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 07:24 PM
Not a women then.
That depends on how you define woman.

I was mostly using "women" because it felt like it fit better than "girls".

Dubious Pie
2011-01-12, 07:24 PM
Not a women then.

Because there is only one, or due to age?:smallcool:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 07:26 PM
Because there is only one, or due to age?:smallcool:

Age. I meant woman.

Ranger Mattos
2011-01-12, 07:58 PM

Same here.

Freshman in AP Classes? How is that possible? (School doesn't have AP classes till 11th Grade.)

I get into an AP class in 10th grade. Might have even been possible this year.

Dubious Pie
2011-01-12, 07:59 PM
Age. I meant woman.

Why bother living if you can't be pedantic?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 08:00 PM
Same here.
FRESHMAN! *shakes fist* :smallfurious:

All All but a few of the Freshmen this year are HORRIBLE. Like, steals iPods horrible.

I get into an AP class in 10th grade. Might have even been possible this year.

Why bother living if you can't be pedantic?
♫ The Internet is really, really great... ♫

:smalltongue:

Nah. IDK. To have fun?

Perenelle
2011-01-12, 08:14 PM

The only way I know of to make that happen would be taking high school classes in Middle School and then doing extreme doubling... so I dunno.

So even if you take honors classes in 9th and 10th you'd have to either go back down to normal or go up to AP? :smallconfused:

My school has Honors, AP, or IB tracks/classes in 11th and 12th grade.

I have to take four credits of foreign language in the IB program :smallsigh: I'll taking Spanish III next semester and really dreading it, I have no idea how I'm getting an A in Spanish II this semester. >.< So I dunno how I'm going to pass my Spanish III and IV exams..

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-12, 08:15 PM
Dah-de-dah, Canadian schools are really simple, all your schools are confusing me, fa-la-lah...

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 08:18 PM
So even if you take honors classes in 9th and 10th you'd have to either go back down to normal or go up to AP? :smallconfused:
Hit the nail on the head my pretty.

My school has Honors, AP, or IB tracks/classes in 11th and 12th grade.
IB?

I have to take four credits of foreign language in the IB program :smallsigh: I'll taking Spanish III next semester and really dreading it, I have no idea how I'm getting an A in Spanish II this semester. >.< So I dunno how I'm going to pass my Spanish III and IV exams..

We need 3 Credits of 1, or 2 of 2.

Dah-de-dah, Canadian schools are really simple, all your schools are confusing me, fa-la-lah...
Quiet Kuriboh. :smalltongue:

SMEE
2011-01-12, 08:21 PM
Let me see... since I got home today from work I ate two ham and cheese sandwiches, some heart of palm, a serving of chocolate, a huge serving of chocolate treaties, a bag of ruffles, an apple and three nectarines.

Even with that kind of stuff every night, I lost two kilos in the last month. :smallfrown:
Why putting on weight has to be so hard? :smallsigh:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 08:27 PM
Let me see... since I got home today from work I ate two ham and cheese sandwiches, some heart of palm, a serving of chocolate, a huge serving of chocolate treaties, a bag of ruffles, an apple and three nectarines.

Even with that kind of stuff every night, I lost two kilos in the last month. :smallfrown:

When you get home, just sit an eat and defecate. You'll gain weight, I promise.

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-12, 08:30 PM

i'm gonna steal whatever it is that makes you lose so much weight, mmkay?

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 08:32 PM

I wish I could eat that much.

Ohmyani
2011-01-12, 08:34 PM
Yea, you Americans have really complicated schooling, haha

In my Canadian school, there's normal and AP. BAM. Simpleness. :smallbiggrin:

Also, new to banter :smallsmile:

Perenelle
2011-01-12, 08:35 PM
Hit the nail on the head my pretty.

Eek, that sucks. :smallyuk: It wouldn't really affect me if I was at your school, i'd take AP, but for the people that just want to stick with Honors...

IB?

International Baccalaureate (http://www.ibo.org/diploma/). Known at my school as AP on steroids.

We need 3 Credits of 1, or 2 of 2.

I need two to graduate the school, but four if I want the IB diploma. :smallyuk: Both in the same language.
It'd be nice to take two different languages though.

Eruantion
2011-01-12, 08:39 PM
Yea, you Americans have really complicated schooling, haha

In my Canadian school, there's normal and AP. BAM. Simpleness. :smallbiggrin:

Really? No honors for in between? That's a huge jump at my school...

Cool :smallsmile: hope we see you around more

Ohmyani
2011-01-12, 08:42 PM
Excluding math, AP is just for people who want the extra credits and who are really interested in that subject. I'm taking AP History because it's all about WWII, which I really love, and because it's mostly a in-class discussion course :D

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-12, 08:53 PM
Well, I'm in full-on IB, so I can't really talk about how courses are set up. I don't pay attention to anything that doesn't have anything to do with me.

IB is simple enough: there's IB standard level, which is like AP on steroids, and there's IB Higher level, which is like AP on steroids, who are on steroids themselves. I have to take HL Theatre, History, English. Mebbe a little more. I can't remember.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 08:55 PM
Welcome. I too joined when I was a new member. Seems I dont do much else now.

Eek, that sucks. :smallyuk: It wouldn't really affect me if I was at your school, i'd take AP, but for the people that just want to stick with Honors...
Meh. Their aren't many. We lose the Freshman who aren't AP bound in the transition to Sophmore year.

International Baccalaureate (http://www.ibo.org/diploma/). Known at my school as AP on steroids.
I dont even want to click that link.

I need two to graduate the school, but four if I want the IB diploma. :smallyuk: Both in the same language.
It'd be nice to take two different languages though.
Hmmmm. I should see what Diploma track Im on...

Excluding math, AP is just for people who want the extra credits and who are really interested in that subject. I'm taking AP History because it's all about WWII, which I really love, and because it's mostly a in-class discussion course :D
And what is AP math for?

Ranger Mattos
2011-01-12, 08:58 PM
The only way I know of to make that happen would be taking high school classes in Middle School and then doing extreme doubling... so I dunno.

I took algebra 7th grade, and then geometry and algebra II during 8th grade last year. So yeah.

At my school we can take a history course that's just on wars. Fun.

*blasts welcome horn* Welcome to RB! Have fun! :smallsmile:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-12, 09:01 PM
HL IB History covers everything from the French Revolution on, up to WWI(I?) and we'll cover WWI(I?) and on next year.

I'm excited.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 09:02 PM
I took algebra 7th grade, and then geometry and algebra II during 8th grade last year. So yeah.

Math. :smallyuk:

Also I love, what's it called? Social Studies-esque classes. Geography and Government are the two oughest Freshmen classes, and I had my best grade in Government. Im still not sure how...

Ohmyani
2011-01-12, 09:10 PM
And what is AP math for?

Well, our normal math courses are divided into 3 sections: Applications, Essentials, and Principles. Apps is for the kids looking for the easy way out, Essentials is just math, and Principles is for the advanced kids, like me. AP is Principles on methamphetamines, speed, steroids and heroin, I'm betting.

God, a more toxic drug combination I cannot imagine. xD

Ranger Mattos
2011-01-12, 09:16 PM
Math. :smallyuk:

Also I love, what's it called? Social Studies-esque classes. Geography and Government are the two oughest Freshmen classes, and I had my best grade in Government. Im still not sure how...

For freshmen we just have Nontraditional World History. And by nontraditional, it's not like medieval Europe and stuff like that. It's ancient India and feudal Japan and the French Revolution.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 09:25 PM
For freshmen we just have Nontraditional World History. And by nontraditional, it's not like medieval Europe and stuff like that. It's ancient India and feudal Japan and the French Revolution.

World History is a Senior class here. Taught by the Football Coach who must be pushing 7ft and 300+ lbs. Was in his homeroom last year. Very awkward.

Coidzor
2011-01-12, 09:30 PM
The French Revolution is nontraditional history and paired with ancient cultures rather than along with the rest of the modern and pre-modern era? :smallconfused:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 09:46 PM
The French Revolution is nontraditional history and paired with ancient cultures rather than along with the rest of the modern and pre-modern era? :smallconfused:

It is on this side of the pond. :smallwink:

Coidzor
2011-01-12, 09:49 PM
It is on this side of the pond. :smallwink:

Yeah, but every American History class I've taken (In America!) took pains to categorize the differences between the two.

I don't think I can even go fully into it due to the forum rules, but there's American reasons for it.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 09:55 PM
Yeah, but every American History class I've taken (In America!) took pains to categorize the differences between the two.

I don't think I can even go fully into it due to the forum rules, but there's American reasons for it.

All I know is that there's World History which is anything w/o any American involvement from the Egyptians to right before WWI and American History which goes from the founding to, I think, the 60s at least.

Eon
2011-01-12, 10:24 PM

I can take them in 10th. I'm registering for my Sophomore year... :smallconfused:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-12, 10:26 PM
I can take them in 10th. I'm registering for my Sophomore year... :smallconfused:

Well, their were others registering for their Freshman year. Or who are in it and taking AP classes. Weren't their?

Also Im older then someone on here? Yippy! (Why does that make me happy?)

Ohmyani
2011-01-12, 10:27 PM
How old are you Atlantean?

Perenelle
2011-01-12, 10:28 PM

Ah, I see. Wow, thats a lot of math. Good for you :smallsmile:

I never was much of a math person, I'd probably double my Englishes or Histories if I could.

Partof1
2011-01-12, 10:28 PM
I"m in grade eleven, myself. And I took AP this year and last. And I am almost finished the semester from hell, but it is concluding with the finals week from hell.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-12, 10:29 PM
Ah, I see. Wow, thats a lot of math. Good for you :smallsmile:

I never was much of a math person, I'd probably double my Englishes or Histories if I could.

Pretty much. My teachers say I'm good at math, but I still hate it. They're all like "Gwyn would do REALLY REALLY WELL! if only he liked math..."

and then I do none of the homework. Then I only get a 70 or something on a test.

Eon
2011-01-12, 10:32 PM
Well, their were others registering for their Freshman year. Or who are in it and taking AP classes. Weren't their?

Also Im older then someone on here? Yippy! (Why does that make me happy?)

Because I'm less experienced. :smalltongue:

ION: I get to swim 850 yards freestyle total tomorrow at a swim meet. the 200, 500, 50 in a relay an 100 in a relay. In that order. :smalleek:

((Freestyle hurts my shoulder sometimes))

edit: Bandil does not like Math. Math does not like Bandil. Bandil did bad on the MCA Test in 5th grade. Bandil got put in grade level math. Bandil gets annoyed in grade level math. Now, Bandil might not be able to take Hon. Chemistry (With an awesome teacher) this year because the Math he was in...:smallfrown:

Perenelle
2011-01-12, 10:46 PM
Pretty much. My teachers say I'm good at math, but I still hate it. They're all like "Gwyn would do REALLY REALLY WELL! if only he liked math..."

and then I do none of the homework. Then I only get a 70 or something on a test.

I'm okay at math, I just strongly dislike it. :smallyuk: I'm really good at the class itself, its finals/big tests with a lot of material on them that kill me.

I make sure I do my homework in all my classes. It really bumps your grade up if you get straight 100's. I figure if there's one thing I can ace without a doubt in all of my classes, it'd be my homework.

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 10:49 PM

I'm good at math and I enjoy a lot of it.
Not geometry, though.
I hate geometry.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-12, 10:50 PM
I'm okay at math, I just strongly dislike it. :smallyuk: I'm really good at the class itself, its finals/big tests with a lot of material on them that kill me.

I make sure I do my homework in all my classes. It really bumps your grade up if you get straight 100's. I figure if there's one thing I can ace without a doubt in all of my classes, it'd be my homework.

I'm practically the worst student you can be when still going to class. speaking of which, i really should do that English homework. Eh, I'll do it at Lunch. It's only 2 pages.

Perenelle
2011-01-12, 10:53 PM
I'm practically the worst student you can be when still going to class. speaking of which, i really should do that English homework. Eh, I'll do it at Lunch. It's only 2 pages.

:smalltongue:

I do most of my homework in school in the little 45minute plus-period-study hall-thing. And lunch.
That gives me time at home to sit around on the Playground. :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Partof1
2011-01-12, 10:54 PM
I've decided I would be better off not going to math for the rest of the week. I can study better with my friend(s) in the cafeteria than with our sub.

Perenelle
2011-01-12, 10:58 PM
I didn't realize how many people here were within a year of my age. :smalltongue:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-12, 10:59 PM
I didn't realize how many people here were within a year of my age. :smalltongue:

Aye. Didn't use to be like that, not always.

It doesn't help that all my friends are just as bad as me vis-a-vis homework. We all don't do our homework together. Yay.

Ohmyani
2011-01-12, 11:01 PM
Well, I'm 17. That close enough? :smallbiggrin:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-12, 11:02 PM

Not quite within a year, m'boy. Within a year of ME, but not a year of her.

Perenelle
2011-01-12, 11:04 PM
Aye. Didn't use to be like that, not always.

Thought so, when I first joined I was one of the few young ones.

I turn 16 in a little less than three months, so yes, roughly close enough. It can count. :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Eruantion
2011-01-12, 11:10 PM
Ooh, ooh! Don't forget me! :smallbiggrin:

But yeah, I was under the impression that most people on here were in their 20's or 30's, not mid-to-late teens.

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 11:12 PM
Thought so, when I first joined I was one of the few young ones.

I turn 16 in a little less than three months, so yes, roughly close enough. It can count. :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:
I think that puts you about 11 months younger than me.

I've stopped caring much about ages, personally. They don't really give a good indicator of much, at least among the people I know.

Ohmyani
I guess it's just that the only teneagers who stay on here are the ones who are mature for their age :smallconfused:

Partof1
I think it's full of people who were once mid-late teens on these boards :P

Eruantion
2011-01-12, 11:16 PM
I guess it's just that the only teneagers who stay on here are the ones who are mature for their age :smallconfused:

I can gladly second this statement. Most people I know wouldn't take this place seriously. Well, as seriously as it can be taken :smalltongue:

Perenelle
2011-01-12, 11:17 PM

But yeah, I was under the impression that most people on here were in their 20's or 30's, not mid-to-late teens.

How old are you again? :smalltongue: (kidding)

I think that puts you about 11 months younger than me.

I've stopped caring much about ages, personally. They don't really give a good indicator of much, at least among the people I know.
:smallsmile:

After coming coming to the Playground, I did too. We're pretty much all the same in maturity here. I still get curious how old people are on occasion though.

exactly. :smallsmile: well, most of the ones I've come across, that is.

Eruantion
2011-01-12, 11:29 PM
How old are you again? :smalltongue: (kidding)

I am eternal (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1815)
(I know)

Perenelle
2011-01-12, 11:42 PM
I am eternal (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1815)
(I know)
Totally saw a QC reference coming.

ION: Anyone else here have a secret love for Lunchables? :smallredface: :smalltongue:

Eruantion
2011-01-12, 11:44 PM
Totally saw a QC reference coming.

Did you? :smallbiggrin: was it that specific one?

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 11:51 PM
ION: Anyone else here have a secret love for Lunchables? :smallredface: :smalltongue:
No.
I'm completely open about it.

Perenelle
2011-01-12, 11:52 PM
Did you? :smallbiggrin: was it that specific one?

Not necessarily that particular one, I just thought of QC when you said that for some reason. :smalltongue: I definitely have a 6th sense.

No.
I'm completely open about it.

:smallbiggrin: *high fives* even better!

I'm eating one of the ham and turkey cracker combination ones now. =3 it's making my night so much more exciting. :smalltongue:

absolmorph
2011-01-12, 11:55 PM
I have a burrito.
My brother got a 4.4 pound burrito :smalleek:
Also, Chipotle makes tasty burritos.

Perenelle
2011-01-13, 12:00 AM
I have a burrito.

... :smalleek: 4.4 pounds? I could never eat that..

I wouldn't know, I don't like Mexican food. It's the one type of food I will eat nothing of.

Partof1
2011-01-13, 12:02 AM
Burritos can be pretty tasty. After 4.4 pounds though, I think I'd tire.

Ohmyani
2011-01-13, 12:24 AM
I have a burrito.

Now THAT is a meal I could savour.

I love eating big meals so much. Seriously, I show off all the time with this stuff, it's soooo much fun X)
I can drink an old A&W mug full of water in like 7 seconds too c:

Magdela
2011-01-13, 12:29 AM
Reminds me of a burrito place about 20 minutes from me. Pancho's Burritos. Can you say 5 pounds of burrito? I'm the tall lanky 18 year old archetype and was the only one to finish it. Not even my jacked 21 year old brother could do it.

Also, new to the banter thread.

Edit: EXCELSIOR!

absolmorph
2011-01-13, 12:29 AM
I have come to the conclusion that my brother is a new subspecies: Homo sapiens gluttonus.
The name isn't certain yet :smalltongue:

Eruantion
2011-01-13, 12:32 AM

Depends on the quality of the burrito :smallsmile:

IRN: does 4.4 look like a face to anyone else?

absolmorph
2011-01-13, 12:50 AM
I can see the resemblance.

Perenelle
2011-01-13, 12:52 AM

:smallbiggrin: Welcome! *huggles*

IRN: does 4.4 look like a face to anyone else?

why yes, yes it does. similar to P.P

P.P
o.o

Ohmyani
2011-01-13, 12:55 AM

Welcome! Only been here for lke a page myself, but it's fun :smallsmile:

Also, q.q and 9.9

Eruantion
2011-01-13, 01:03 AM

hey, two in a day :smallsmile: welcome aboard

Gimliggamer
2011-01-13, 01:13 AM

But yeah, I was under the impression that most people on here were in their 20's or 30's, not mid-to-late teens.Or early teens. Very early teens.
Almost very early teens....>.>

Rawhide
2011-01-13, 02:01 AM
I was recently reminded of this (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/cowswithguns).

Dubious Pie
2011-01-13, 02:06 AM
I almost started RB # 151. :smallcool:

Rawhide
2011-01-13, 02:29 AM
I almost started RB # 151. :smallcool:

I am rather suspicious of your claim, some might even say... dubious.

absolmorph
2011-01-13, 02:38 AM
I am rather suspicious of your claim, some might even say... dubious.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Also, my brother is still trying to finish his 4.4 pound burrito.
And he feels like puking because he's so full.

Teddy
2011-01-13, 03:24 AM
I was recently reminded of this (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/cowswithguns).

Yay, Cows with Guns! Cheers me up every time.

ION:
American school system is confusing, period.

IRN:
You all have weird definitions of IB. Here in Sweden, the correct definition is "3 years of forgetting the Swedish language while only worsening your possibilities for continued studying". In fact, you shouldn't even consider IB one of your choises unless you plan on studying in some foreign country. Otherwise, it's just a huge trap.

Eruantion
2011-01-13, 03:26 AM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Also, my brother is still trying to finish his 4.4 pound burrito.
And he feels like puking because he's so full.

after about two and a half hours (from the time you posted that) you think he'd have given up...

absolmorph
2011-01-13, 04:33 AM
after about two and a half hours (from the time you posted that) you think he'd have given up...
He kept on until the finish, 4 and a half hours after he started.

Heliomance
2011-01-13, 05:39 AM
On the age front, I'm 21, though I've been here for several years.

Form
2011-01-13, 06:04 AM

Does he think it was worth it?

KuReshtin
2011-01-13, 06:09 AM

That takes some determination, that does.

absolmorph
2011-01-13, 06:14 AM
Does he think it was worth it?
He compared it to a global tragedy, and explained the comparison with "NEVER AGAIN."
He was quite emphatic on that point.

Coidzor
2011-01-13, 06:42 AM
How big in comparison to his head was the burrito? Because if he forgot rule number one hundred three, don't eat something bigger than your head...

Heliomance
2011-01-13, 06:50 AM
No, it's never consume a (power source|energy field) larger than your head.