PDA

View Full Version : MS Paint Adventures 4: 13

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

memnarch
2011-08-18, 03:40 PM
Discussion of http://mspaintadventures.com/ (www.mspaintadventures.com), the alarmingly quickly updating webcomic, takes place here.

Prior Threads:
MS Paint Adventures (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94099)
MS Paint Adventures II: Who's Playing Who Now? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160173)
MS Paint Adventures III: [S] Comment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184714)

If you don't get the name of the thread, read this page (http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/413).

Here is the totally awesome Homestuck Music (http://homestuck.bandcamp.com), which you should give a listen to.

In recent news, the author has put himself into the comic, and is taking on the omnipotent Doc Scratch. Who will win??

Qaera
2011-08-18, 03:56 PM
Heh, I always say BAP in the gitp facebook chat.

So this is, uh, awesome.

~ ♅

Weimann
2011-08-18, 04:32 PM
Oh my, this reminds me that I've not check that comic for a couple months now.

But reading that he actually put himself in the comic, the question is if I actually want to.

Fawkes
2011-08-18, 04:48 PM

But reading that he actually put himself in the comic, the question is if I actually want to.

He's been in the comic for a while. This isn't any different.

memnarch
2011-08-18, 04:55 PM

He's not a major character or anything like that. There's only four pages of him beating up Doc Scratch (cuz he's "pissed" that Doc Scratch is ruining his story), and of course, he does the recap stuff as well.

Anyway, his of influence on the actual story will be "only one yard" (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005558). Whatever that means.

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-18, 05:01 PM
one yard or one lawn ring?:smallamused:

Weimann
2011-08-18, 05:08 PM
As long as he keeps to his usual antics. It sounded to me like he was actually making himself the one to off Doc Scratch, which would have severely ruined the mood.

tyckspoon
2011-08-18, 05:09 PM
Anyway, his of influence on the actual story will be "only one yard" (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005558). Whatever that means.

He's got 2 4th Walls placed facing each other, one yard apart. Hussie being Hussie, there is always a possibility this is a herring, but the most likely possibility is that his intervention will involve a character using those two 4th Walls to travel to a necessary place that would not otherwise be possible, in the same way Hussie's self-indulgent insert character used the damaged 5th Wall to break into Doc Scratch's apartments.

Claudius Maximus
2011-08-18, 06:57 PM
Doc Scratch apparently knows about AH, and Scratch's search for a means to die is a plot point. If AH could/would kill him, I don't think he would be going to all these lengths to contrive his death.

So basically I'm going to be surprised if AH kills Scratch, or for that matter, if he accomplishes much of anything other than getting his ass handed to him in the coming pages.

Fawkes
2011-08-18, 08:14 PM
As long as he keeps to his usual antics. It sounded to me like he was actually making himself the one to off Doc Scratch, which would have severely ruined the mood.

Nah, he's just smacking him around with a broom.

Zerous
2011-08-18, 10:33 PM
I'm going with the hunch that the young Handmaiden is somehow the one puppeting Scratch around.

Or someone is puppeting him around.

Maybe even controlling himself from a room away.

TheArsenal
2011-08-18, 10:37 PM
Or maybe Sratch wants to tap dance one more time before he goes.:smallfrown:

smuchmuch
2011-08-19, 04:12 AM
.. okay I'll admit; L.E intro is pretty freaky.
Less is more, I suppose.

My reaction to recent updates is the same as Karkat's.
Really, why so ?

Fayd
2011-08-19, 07:37 AM
I also like how the hand for the pointer indicating the alt-text has changed. I had a feeling it was going to be LE from that, but the actual reveal? Wow. He does seem quite creepy.

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-19, 04:51 PM
I am honestly quite upset that LE finally made an appearance. i mean sure now we can actually consider him a character in homestuck who does things, but the impreding arise of "he is the BBEG" and "it's all because of english" will crush the fandom more then they allready are.

smuchmuch
2011-08-19, 04:55 PM
I am honestly quite upset that LE finally made an appearance. i mean sure now we can actually consider him a character in homestuck who does things, but the impreding arise of "he is the BBEG" and "it's all because of english" will crush the fandom more then they allready are.

(Er I think that if anything was established in this little intermission with Scratch, it is the fact that yes, it is indeed all because Of L.E, so I don't really see the problem here.)

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-19, 06:53 PM
(Er I think that if anything was established in this little intermission with Scratch, it is the fact that yes, it is indeed all because Of L.E, so I don't really see the problem here.)

Because before it was said that he is the wizard behind all of this magic it was just assumed that things happened because they happened, that Trolls were just inherently violent and that... i dunno Alternia always had two moons (Because god knows it's gunna turn out one of them is because of lord bluhbluhbluh here.)

Really he's become the "wizard" in the "wizard did it" jokes, only he is used to respond to questions nobody asked. Him and the whole felt deal feel to me like they would exist better as a separate story that just happens to exist within the same universe as homestuck, with Doc scratch and the exiles being the only bridges between the two.

Think way way back to when John was running about his house getting the cruxite dowels and turning them into totems and such, did Doc scratch or lord english exist or have any meaning back then? nope. sure chronologically they did exist and were infact guiding the very creation of his universe, but from a plot slash readers perspective, the universe just was, and everything was happy. Then the intermission happened, and this one little name and this one big coat was given and everything exploded, people began assuming mr brittish here was the big bad evil guy behind everything and that all things eventually lead up to him.

but even if they do, so what!? This is not a story about english! this is a story about the kids and the Trolls! yes scratch may have talked to them and intervened a few times but like i said he was the bridge between the two stories! and it's only him doing it!

but now? Now people are going to assume English is going to be the cancer, killing English will solve everything, killing English will start everything, English is the reason johns hair is black, english is the reason bec glows green, english is the reason the game exists, ETC ETC ETC.

it's just so out of control! and all so completely unnecessary!

TheArsenal
2011-08-19, 07:30 PM
but now? Now people are going to assume English is going to be the cancer, killing English will solve everything, killing English will start everything, English is the reason johns hair is black, english is the reason bec glows green, english is the reason the game exists, ETC ETC ETC.

it's just so out of control! and all so completely unnecessary!

In a way I agree and In a way I disagree.

Personaly-This is an intermission. I personaly believe the original story will remain untouched and proceed as planned. Its a separate thing that is going to be left for later.

We recieved information as to what "In better conditions" might mean. Before I thought it was simply a world were jhon was a joinour pro wrestler and Jade had a mech ect.
In addition it made me fear scratch.

While this did add an element of extra stuff I am a little annoyed with scratch and his meandering. I just want regular updates now.

Jayngfet
2011-08-19, 09:25 PM
a story about english! this is a story about the kids and the Trolls!

Actually, this is a story, strictly speaking, about the kids and their unfinished session, not the secondary characters that came halfway into the story and don't really develop in any meaningful way.

If anything, the trolls in general are just as bad, what with Vriska trying to be behind everything and a few others affecting circumstances as well.

TheArsenal
2011-08-19, 09:41 PM
Actually, this is a story, strictly speaking, about the kids and their unfinished session, not the secondary characters that came halfway into the story and don't really develop in any meaningful way.

Nobody actualy said so. Maybe YOU think this is a kids story only (Although seeing them again would be nice) its actualy about a larger story.

I like the trolls. Alot of other people do too, if you dont like them. Sorry. While they do not interact in the main story much (And you complain about the one that does) thier story is interesting on its own as well.

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-19, 09:50 PM
the kids and the trolls are at least conected directly via the medium, scratch and english are outside of the medium and really have no direct contact with either the kids or the trolls. the few messages the Doc did send were cryptic and barely helpful anyways.

tonberrian
2011-08-19, 10:14 PM
the kids and the trolls are at least conected directly via the medium, scratch and english are outside of the medium and really have no direct contact with either the kids or the trolls. the few messages the Doc did send were cryptic and barely helpful anyways.

Plots develop. Complications are added. What makes Homestuck great (in my opinion) is that it's not just the story of the kids, not just the story of the trolls, not just the story of the exiles, and not just the story of the Midnight Crew. It's all four interweaved together over time, space, and the Medium. They have all touched one each other and influenced each other a great deal.

Lord English is already here. Letting speculation about him bother you is silly. If you are going to be bothered by him, at least try to limit it to what he actually does, not what people think he will.

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-19, 10:35 PM
Yeah but heres the thing. Before say three or four updates ago, he really and honestly did absolutely nothing. but still everyone made him out to be a big deal.

tonberrian
2011-08-19, 10:38 PM
Yeah but heres the thing. Before say three or four updates ago, he really and honestly did absolutely nothing. but still everyone made him out to be a big deal.

So what? We knew he was going to be involved in something since the Intermission.

And yes, before he something in the story, he didn't do anything in the story. I'm failing to see how that separates him from any other character in any story ever.

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-19, 10:42 PM
ok heres the dealy then.

The story before he made any actual appearance, but after the intermission wich spoke his name and showed off his name:

What he really was:

Not a big deal.

What everyone made him out to be:

BIG F***IN DEAL!!

as in more important then say john, the character who is the freaking main character.

After today? yes, he can be and probably will be an important character, much to my dismay. but before today he had done and said absolutely nothing whatsoever in the story, yet everyone kept makeing the assumption that he was behind anything and everything with little to no proof or evidence.

LoneStarNorth
2011-08-19, 10:55 PM
So are you saying you don't like Lord English showing up and doing things because the fandom is going to take that and blow it way out of proportion?

Well, yeah. Name one thing they HAVEN'T done that with.

But if you hate Lord English because "the story isn't about him" or some such, then recall that people have said that exact thing about the trolls, the Midnight Crew, the exiles, and JADE. They've all been wrong! The story can be about more than one thing.

Homestuck's nature is that it's continually expanding. People keep thinking that at some point in the story thus far, everything was on the table. All of elements introduced would be tied up into a logical conclusion, however long it would take, and then they get bent out of shape when something new shows up and turns out to have relevance. I learned long ago to stop worrying about it and just enjoy the story. :smallsmile:

tonberrian
2011-08-19, 10:58 PM
ok heres the dealy then.

The story before he made any actual appearance, but after the intermission wich spoke his name and showed off his name:

What he really was:

Not a big deal.

What everyone made him out to be:

BIG F***IN DEAL!!

as in more important then say john, the character who is the freaking main character.

After today? yes, he can be and probably will be an important character, much to my dismay. but before today he had done and said absolutely nothing whatsoever in the story, yet everyone kept makeing the assumption that he was behind anything and everything with little to no proof or evidence.

People made him out to be a big deal because the story made him out to be a big deal. Indestructible time-travelling demons are usually big deals. The fact that he wasn't dealt with in the intermission means he's gonna come up later - Chekhov's Guns 101. Thus, big deal.

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-19, 11:01 PM
They could have at least waited until he was, you know, relevant to the story >_>

memnarch
2011-08-19, 11:10 PM
They could have at least waited until he was, you know, relevant to the story >_>

That's not gonna stop people. Similar to how you can't stop people from pairing people up/shipping couples that will never happen in the story.

tonberrian
2011-08-19, 11:11 PM

That doesn't make it Lord English's fault. Fandoms are fandoms. If you want to complain about the fandom, fine by me.

Garland
2011-08-19, 11:14 PM
The (official?) voice of Lord English (http://fwugradiation.tumblr.com/post/9125011428/i-like-fx-so-much-fx-edit-it-was-hard)

By our good pal Radiation.

UNSNOP

Gez
2011-08-20, 01:48 AM
Gicko, let me see if I get this straight:

You're annoyed at Lord English becoming directly relevant because, thanks to heavy foreshadowing what with anything Midnight Crew- or Doc Scratch-related, the fandom has treated him as a directly relevant character even before he was actually seen doing something.

Sarco_Phage
2011-08-20, 01:50 AM

Considering he, and his right hand man Doc Scratch appear to be directly responsible for the misfortunes the main characters are undergoing, and that he appears to be a third major force in the universe alongside Skaia and the Noble Circle, I'd say he's always been relevant.

Jayngfet
2011-08-20, 02:52 AM
Nobody actualy said so. Maybe YOU think this is a kids story only (Although seeing them again would be nice) its actualy about a larger story.

I like the trolls. Alot of other people do too, if you dont like them. Sorry. While they do not interact in the main story much (And you complain about the one that does) thier story is interesting on its own as well.

You like the trolls, I like the trolls, but as Andrew Hussie said, "don't hold your breath for NEPTAQUEST 2011". There isn't much to argue about them being static characters, and really the only reason people like say, Tavros or Equius or Nepeta exist is in terms of how they interact with other characters.

You can like them, nobody's going to hate you for it, but for all intents and purposes they're flat, static, unchanging. That's the whole point to them. None of them have really changed since the moment they were introduced.

Their story where it doesn't regard the kids, was more or less over and predetermined from the start. We knew they had to win the game, or at least survive long enough to talk to the Kids in the future. We knew they'd all meet and stay together, or else things we were shown in the intro wouldn't make sense. We knew from various sources how a good deal of things would turn out. We know Sollux is going to die, and knew long ago Lord English was already here.

The other plotlines don't really have that kind of predestination, at least not in such a large amount. We don't know what's going to happen to who with nearly so much certainty, and a whole lot of questions haven't been answered yet.

You can like the trolls, and any other characters you want. Heck, I like most of them too, but I'm not about to say Equius is on the same Tier of importance as John or Dave.

HappyBlanket
2011-08-20, 07:22 AM
-snip-

I hope this isn't putting words in your mouth, since I fully agree that characters like Equius and Nepeta aren't as important as John. However, I feel it should be made clear that not all of the trolls are just supporting characters. Karkat, Vriska, Aradia, and probably a few others that are currently slipping my mind have become phenomenally important to Homestuck, both as compelling characters in their own right and as influentials to the plot.

Garland
2011-08-20, 11:35 AM
Of course, I think he meant these specific characters that, admittedly, were just secondary. He even forgot Feferi because she's the secondariest of secondary characters ever and everyone forgets her :smallbiggrin:... sucks because I'm pisces and I actually do like Fef.

As small of a character he was, even Equius got quite a bit of characterization in a few appearances, particularly Seek the Highb100d, but there's no denying on how little he and Nepeta contributed to the story.

Still, AH does seem to take things that were insignificant in the past and give them an important role later as he advances (Betty Crocker, Pantskat... heck, almost every tiny detail) so I wouldn't say we'll never see them again.

Qaera
2011-08-20, 11:50 AM
Except, you know, NepetaQuest 2011 exists. :smalltongue:

~ ♅

HappyBlanket
2011-08-20, 01:23 PM
snip

I know what he meant, I just wanted to make it clear before someone misinterpreted the exceedingly misleading sentence saying that "None of them have really changed since the moment they were introduced." Among others that might be construed inaccurately.

Incidentally, I'm a Scorpio. Yeeeeeeeeah!!!!!!!!

Except, you know, NepetaQuest 2011 exists. :smalltongue:

~ ♅

It exists ironically. Doesn't count!

Kizor
2011-08-20, 05:48 PM
The (official?) voice of Lord English (http://fwugradiation.tumblr.com/post/9125011428/i-like-fx-so-much-fx-edit-it-was-hard)

By our good pal Radiation.

UNSNOP

Thank you for that. Reminds me of our good friend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iZMD_eCpEo&feature=related).

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-21, 02:34 AM
Gicko, let me see if I get this straight:

You're annoyed at Lord English becoming directly relevant because, thanks to heavy foreshadowing what with anything Midnight Crew- or Doc Scratch-related, the fandom has treated him as a directly relevant character even before he was actually seen doing something.

i did write this big essay on how the intermission wasn't really heavy foreshadowing for anyone except the crew, the felt (should have) only existed as random antagonists for the crew to fight during their introduction, how the crew could still have been introduced without the intermission, and how people treating English as the BBEG was more or less everyone believing Bowser was the main enemy behind a Sonic game when it was obviously Robotnik, and then my frustration when it really DID turn out to be Bowser despite absolutely no evidence pointing to it and everything pointing to Robotnik pissed me off.

But then i realized that would just make this argument last really long, as do all arguments of this type when i voice my opinion that english is not a necessary part of the story, and decided to go with this.

IMHO, Mr. english and the felt were, and should remain, random antagonists to the crew in a bad intermission that existed just to introduce the crew. People acting as if these random antagonists were suddenly the answer to every riddle ever when it obviously wasn’t pissed me off, and the thought of all those people actually being correct pisses me off even more. i do sincerely hope that Hussie keeps English far away from the main story and only included him in this little segment as a carrot-on-a-stick to the rabid english-is-everything fans in order to torment them so he can point and laugh. i also sincerely believe the whole felt/english thing can and should exist in a separate story that only happens to exist within the same continuity as Homestuck that just happens to interact with it very slightly and very occasionally via Mr. scratch talking to the kids to further his own separate goals. if this separate story were to be written out in full after Homestuck was finished, and only had minor interactions with homestuck such as brief interludes were the crew existed in the troll session and got exiled, then both stories could be told, i probably would not read it, and english could be the BBEG everyone seems to want him to be, without him actually being the BBEG of Homestuck.

And then i replaced an essay with a slightly shorter essay and facepalmed myself and posted it anyways.

Sarco_Phage
2011-08-21, 02:36 AM
This is a three-way tango between cosmic forces, one of whom does not belong. That would be Lord English.

HappyBlanket
2011-08-21, 05:02 AM
People acting as if these random antagonists were suddenly the answer to every riddle ever when it obviously wasn’t pissed me off, and the thought of all those people actually being correct pisses me off even more

"I hate that people thought he was the main antagonist when he wasn't, and what I hate even more was that he was."

Wait what.

RebelRogue
2011-08-21, 08:32 AM
You've been talking about this for a long time, Draconi. AH is doing Homestuck the way he wants it, get over it already.

Gez
2011-08-21, 12:21 PM
IMHO, Mr. english and the felt were, and should remain, random antagonists to the crew in a bad intermission that existed just to introduce the crew.

It served to introduce the Crew, Snowman and Lord English.

You know, I felt the same way you do about the trolls. Then we had a whole arc entirely about trolls. I kinda like them now but it doesn't change that before the troll act I was a bit annoyed at them encroaching more and more on the story. "What's the point? Why do they matter? The story isn't about them!"

Suffice to say, Hussie seldom introduce details that are not going to be relevant later. And, like it or not, it's still a user-driven story -- by Hussie's own admittance, many details only became important because of fans talking about them like they're important.

Jayngfet
2011-08-21, 06:00 PM
I currently don't have the rsources or time to make a long post but I think that this needs clarifying: I don't hate the trolls, or think they have no effect on the story. Happyblanket's got the gist of it: Most trolls don't do or change much. The ones that do, there's some argument over in some cases.

The point, I think, is largely what Gez said. You really can't say it's a kid and troll story to exclude a new character, because the trolls took three chapters and took months to themselves.

I like the trolls myself, but honestly, I'll be the first to admit they both haven't developed much and are for all intents and purposes flat.

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-21, 06:12 PM
Jeez i try to end the stupid english arguement and it just makes it worse >_>

Derjuin
2011-08-21, 11:39 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ONW7LXaPns) might be either the most fantastic or most horrifying thing ever...or somewhere in between, probably :smalltongue:

Also, cuteness:

http://www.iaza.com/work/110805C/iaza02993142585000.png
Awwwwwww~

Not sure who did this, it was linked to me by a friend.

LoneStarNorth
2011-08-22, 12:51 AM
Updates, including a [S].

Hilarious. I'm not sure if Karkat is just going to shoosh him to sleep or turn around and cut his arms off.

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-22, 01:02 AM
helmsman eyes, english eyes, gamzee eyes, and karkat V Gamzee charge scene, Hussie is trying to give me a seizure.

Fayd
2011-08-22, 06:46 AM
SO not how I expected that to go down. I like it. Although it actually makes a LOT of sense given both the character of Karkat and the Sufferer, when you sit down and think about it.

Also, that was nearly the entire cast of the descendants of the Sufferer's followers. The only missing troll was Nepeta.

Gez
2011-08-22, 06:48 AM
Also, that was nearly the entire cast of the descendants of the Sufferer's followers. The only missing troll was Nepeta.

Well, Nepeta excused herself on account of her head not being connected to her body anymore.

smuchmuch
2011-08-22, 07:01 AM
Yay, karklat and Gamzee finaly frealised their moirallegiance and all it took was two acts, 7 trolls dead and all of the Alternian civilisation wipped out.
Totaly worth it.

Radar
2011-08-22, 07:26 AM
One thing has to be said: without the Ancestors intermission, this scene between Karkat and Gamzee wouldn't make any sort of sense. I wonder, if Karkat realises his legacy.

Garland
2011-08-22, 09:47 AM
I just laughed over the whole update. This is too awesome. If only he could have done it sooner...

Weird thing is, I then saw Dominic Deegan's update and couldn't help picturing the King going all "shhhhhhh, pap pap" on snuggles.

Radar
2011-08-22, 09:51 AM
I just laughed over the whole update. This is too awesome. If only he could have done it sooner...

Weird thing is, I then saw Dominic Deegan's update and couldn't help picturing the King going all "shhhhhhh, pap pap" on snuggles.
And now I have the image of Snuggles doing *HOOOOOOOOOOONK!!!* :smallbiggrin:

CrimsonAngel
2011-08-22, 03:22 PM
That was incredibly silly and also pretty adorable.

Zerous
2011-08-22, 03:46 PM
Well that

Uh

Is... Unexpected. Not sure how to feel. I did laugh, though, so I guess I should feel good.

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-22, 03:50 PM
Seems kind of out of character for Karkat though, i mean he never knew his ancestor, were did this sudden burst of calmness come from?

Garland
2011-08-22, 04:02 PM
I'm not too sure about that. Karkat's always been all bark and no bite; In every conversation he seems to care a lot for everyone behind the wall of allcaps and insults. He hinted he had been negligent with his moirailing duties. I took it as if he just decided to man up and fulfill that role. After all he did manage to be a decent leader for the trolls and there presumably was a lot of auspisticing and troll romance guidance involved, which we knew Karkat was knowledgeable about.

To me, this managed to be both a very surprising solution yet perfectly understandable.

(until he murders him in the next panel)

watching the flash again, I lol'd at the part where Karkat shooshes Terezi and she drops her staff looking confused, with Karkat looking Dignified and extremely silly at the same time.

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-22, 04:07 PM
Still with this turn of events, and Karkat saying things like "Gamzee was a good freind" makes me wonder if Gamzee is still going to die somehow, as i don't think doing what he just did can make him cry.

Garland
2011-08-22, 04:31 PM
And now I have the image of Snuggles doing *HOOOOOOOOOOONK!!!* :smallbiggrin:

Imagine no more. (http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x479/vhoyosm/Snugglalegiance.gif)

TheArsenal
2011-08-22, 06:38 PM
Imagine no more. (http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x479/vhoyosm/Snugglalegiance.gif)

You get cookies...ALL OF THEM!

Derjuin
2011-08-22, 10:58 PM
New album - I like the sound of this one, especially the closing track, Core of Darkness. It's held my fancy for longer than Wanderers did (with exception to Riches to Ruins).

Edit: ooooooooh noooooooo newns update :smallfrown:

Hands_Of_Blue
2011-08-23, 01:01 AM
Edit: ooooooooh noooooooo newns update :smallfrown: Seriously. Weeks. I guess we can take some comfort in the fact that the end of act animation will probably be awesome.

Selrahc
2011-08-23, 02:27 AM
So, probably a month before the next update. Ouch.

guttering flame
2011-08-23, 02:31 AM
is there a known plan for the Homestruck comic? Will the next act be the last? How long will it last?

YeahThatGuy
2011-08-23, 02:41 AM
If I remember correctly there will be seven acts.

Draconi Redfir
2011-08-23, 02:52 AM
And IIRC the sixth and seventh acts will be considerably shorter then those we have already had, so we pretty much entered the beginning of the end when the 2nd disk was found/scratched.

Kageru
2011-08-23, 06:10 AM
And IIRC the sixth and seventh acts will be considerably shorter then those we have already had, so we pretty much entered the beginning of the end when the 2nd disk was found/scratched.
I thought it was only shorter than the fifth one because that one got to long?

HappyBlanket
2011-08-23, 07:35 AM
News update oooooh noooooooo

Just remember.

13 years.

Claudius Maximus
2011-08-23, 01:00 PM
Act 6 will be about as long as acts 3 or 4, and act 7 will be really short, on the scale of act 1 probably. At least that's the plan.

Zerous
2011-08-23, 04:31 PM
THEORY: Karkat's sudden bravery when faced with the monster bard he's been running away from for so long is because of one new factor: His extremely powerful friends. Up until that point he had to drag around the uselessly blind Sollux, so all he COULD do was run.

But with Kanaya and Terezi by his side, he would at least have backup to come to his rescue in case his plan to calm Gamzee down failed.

Fayd
2011-08-23, 10:35 PM
Woah. I decided to reread the comic, and I spotted a cool reference!

First words of Lord English, master manipulator: "GIRL. YOU THERE. GIRL. GIRL, QUIT ALL THIS SCURRYING AROUND."

First words of Wandering Vagabond, poor manipulator: "BOY. YOU THERE. BOY. BOY, QUIT ALL THIS SCURRYING AROUND."

Interesting call-out. I don't think it means anything in the end, but...

Mc. Lovin'
2011-08-24, 08:34 AM
Hussie likes a bit of the old self reference, I wouldn't look into it too much

Fayd
2011-08-24, 05:34 PM
Hussie likes a bit of the old self reference, I wouldn't look into it too much

That's what I think too. It just caught me by surprise when I was reading through.

CrimsonAngel
2011-08-28, 01:32 PM
AG: He likes to pretend he's all vicious and 8loodthirsty, 8ut I know he 8n't got that in him. I have a sense for these things.

Karkat probably wouldn't be able to bring himself to kill Gamzee anyway. Is what I think. u_u

Gorgondantess
2011-09-06, 02:11 AM
*Checks MSPA*
*Sees update*
*Sees no [S]:*

Those are the last updates you'll see until the end of act 5 animation.
*Shakes fist in air.* HUSSSSSSIE!!!!!!!!
*Reads update anyways*
*Sees link*
*Clicks link*
HUSSSSIIIEEEEE!!!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA)

But, yeah. Update.:smalltongue:

Derjuin
2011-09-06, 02:17 AM
Just noticed the latest update's page number is 6,000; a nice even number right before the Scratch :smalltongue:

NUMEROLOGY, ITS IMPORTANT YO

CrimsonAngel
2011-09-12, 04:53 PM
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004987

This was my favorite update. I really liked the part when it cuts to Jade, Dave, and Rose in their lands and they don't know what's going on.

What are y'alls favorites? :I

Draconi Redfir
2011-09-12, 04:59 PM
WV: Acend. Without question.

Gorgondantess
2011-09-12, 05:06 PM

This was my favorite update. I really liked the part when it cuts to Jade, Dave, and Rose in their lands and they don't know what's going on.

This one. Without question. I think I watched it about 20 times in a row.

Derjuin
2011-09-12, 05:25 PM

In order:

1. [S] Descend (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003840). Absolute favorite.

2. [S] Wake (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005197). Close second, mostly for the music. <3 MeGaLoVania.

3. JOHN, RISE UP (linked above)

Garland
2011-09-12, 10:04 PM
One of my favorite flashes is [S] Jack: Ascend. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003568). The music helps too.

uncool
2011-09-12, 10:12 PM
I haven't seen [s] Seer: Ascend or [s]: Flip mentioned, but both of them are among my favorites for music - the former for its reference to [s] Dave: Ascend to the highest point of the building, the latter simply because of the way it builds to an important climax.

Of course, [s]: Descend is my favorite, because it pulls together so many of the themes we had already seen and joins them in a coherent single narratives, musically and visually. I also like [s] Jade: Enter because of the way that it gives you the full "Oh ****" feeling that it should.

If you want a full list:

[s] Descend (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003840)
[s] Jade: Enter (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004827)
[s] Flip (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005660)
[s] John: Rise up (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004987)
[s] Jack: Ascend (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003568)
[s] WV?: Rise up (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003701)
[s] Wake (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?p=005197&s=6)
[s] Seer: Ascend (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005644)
=Uncool-

Trobby
2011-09-12, 10:34 PM

One of my all time favorites. :smallbiggrin:

I think my favorite though is one of the very underplayed ones.

[S] Act 5 Act 2 ==> (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004526)

Derjuin
2011-09-14, 08:21 PM
New favorite: [S] Everyone in homestuck: make out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzGnF58IVmg)

Trobby
2011-09-14, 09:23 PM
Speaking of Youtube Videos, This Guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z72MPvUKn-o) is the best Karkat ever.

Edit: Also, for no particular reason, this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSScYsDX_Q)

Garland
2011-09-14, 11:00 PM
Without even having anything to do with homestuck, I thought ltmkilla of Roosterteeth was the BEST KARKAT. Even if he doesn't know it.

Frogwarrior
2011-09-15, 01:47 AM
surprised [S] Ascend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE) hasn't been mentioned yet......

anyway, in addition to all of those mentioned above, I'm a super fan of:
[S] Jade: Pester John (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002973)
and the one with the best music:
[S] ==> (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003307)

Derjuin
2011-09-23, 02:50 AM
Woo, progress bar! Estimated 40% done...

For those who haven't seen it: the hilarious Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFJUa31fVHw) to EoA5!

Trobby
2011-09-23, 06:07 AM
Oh god, the papshoosh...

I...I can't handle it.

*EXPLODE*

...Sorry about that. #<//<# I don't normally succumb to such...urges.

So...who wants to bet the only thing he was serious about was Lil' Cal?

Gorgondantess
2011-09-23, 03:03 PM
Oh god, the papshoosh...

I...I can't handle it.

*EXPLODE*

...Sorry about that. #<//<# I don't normally succumb to such...urges.
I... I think I need a towel...:smallbiggrin:

So...who wants to bet the only thing he was serious about was Lil' Cal?
Who wants to bet the only thing he was serious about was nothing?
'Sides, that would make no sense. That would mean Doc Scratch is... partially Lord English?:smallconfused: That would be weird.

Draconi Redfir
2011-09-23, 06:49 PM
yeahhh... the lord english thing really doesnt matter anyways.

Cant beleive i thought he was serious about voice acting XD

Lix Lorn
2011-09-24, 07:16 AM
===> Me: Be the new girl.

(is new girl in thread)

Qaera
2011-09-24, 01:45 PM
Hi, Lix! What's your favorite shipping lineup? That is, including all 16 kids. :smallcool:

John/Karkat
Kanaya/Rose
Dave/Terezi
Jade/Nepeta
PB/J
Aradia/Equius
Sollux/Feferi
Eridan/Vriska

~ ♅

Gez
2011-09-24, 02:32 PM
Hi, Lix! What's your favorite shipping lineup? That is, including all 16 kids.
Yeah, this one. :smallwink:

Gorgondantess
2011-09-24, 02:47 PM
Oooh, oooh! Shipping lineups!:smallbiggrin:
Rose/Kanaya: Yeah, this pretty much has to happen.
Dave/Terezi: As above.
Jade/Karkat: Normally I wouldn't like shipping Jade (see John) but I think they'd actually work rather well together!:smallsmile:
Dream Bubble Nepeta/Doomed Timeline Karkat: Because Nepeta.:smallfrown:
John: I do not ship John. In my mind, John is a child. He's far too innocent to be involved in my depraved fantasies.
Dream Bubble Eridan/Dream Bubble Nepeta (blackrom): :smallbiggrin:
As for most of the other trolls, I don't particularly care about them. I suppose Equius/Aradia. And Vriska gets None of the ships. NOOOOOONE OF THEM.

Khosan
2011-09-24, 02:50 PM
And Vriska gets None of the ships. NOOOOOONE OF THEM.

I think you mean 'NOOOOOOOONE'

Gorgondantess
2011-09-24, 02:54 PM
I think you mean 'NOOOOOOOONE'

Nope. I mean NOOOOOONE. Six O's. I refuse to use eight.

Lix Lorn
2011-09-24, 05:36 PM
Hi, Lix! What's your favorite shipping lineup? That is, including all 16 kids. :smallcool:

John/Karkat
Kanaya/Rose
Dave/Terezi
Jade/Nepeta
PB/J
Aradia/Equius
Sollux/Feferi
Eridan/Vriska

~ ♅
(jumps out the window)

Uh.
I don't have a single favoured lineup, but if I just list ships without worrying about them being mutually exclusive...

...basically, anything that's even slightly canon.
As well as:
DaveJohn
NepetaAllthegirls

...I like ALL OF THE SHIPPINGS. ALL OF THEM.

Maybe a lineup is the best idea.

JohnVriska. Honorable mentions to JohnDave and JohnKarkat.
DaveTerezi. Once again, JohnDave. DaveEveryone, also acceptable.
RoseKanaya. That one's easy.
JadeKarkat. Sorry, Nep. :((
AradiaSollux. They're both soooooooo badass.
TavrosGamzee I guess? I don't really have anyone else for them. Pairthespares.
Nepeta... uh... I'll get back to you.
EquiusFeferi. Well why the hell not? She'd totally order him around for gits and shiggles, and she wouldn't abuse it. Everyone's happy.
Eridan...

EridanNepeta? Nope. Not happening.
NepetaMe. Eridan can go get cut in half.

Trobby
2011-09-24, 05:48 PM
I say Nepeta/Equius. It's about time one of the trolls upgrade their <> to a <3.

Fef can go back to being tanglebuddies with Sollux. I thought that was pretty cute.

Aradia can share. <w<;

Tavros/Gamzee, because I honestly think the poor guy was just a little freaked out by the suddenness with which Gamzee proposed his makeouts. It could be sooo nice!

Um...and that's all I've got for now.

Draconi Redfir
2011-09-24, 05:57 PM
Oi no messing around with my paitorn troll >:P

for me, John x Terezi (SHE WAS THERE FIRST)

Dave X Aradia (Time shinannigans)

Dave x Jade

Rose x John

Rose x Kanyaya (Duh)

Eridan x Nepeta ( CATFISH!)

Karkat x Terezi

Aaannnd...

yeah.

Lix Lorn
2011-09-24, 05:57 PM
I say Nepeta/Equius. It's about time one of the trolls upgrade their <> to a <3.
Oooh, good point.

Aradia can share. <w<;
Well there are lots of them. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2011-09-24, 06:35 PM
Oh, and as a Libra, I totally approve of Dave/Terezi.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-09-24, 07:17 PM
Funnily enough, I don't ship any of the trolls with any of the kids.

My typical favourite ships are all mostly close to canonish.

KarkatxTerezi
GamzeexTavros
SolluxxFeferi

I'm interested in how live!Aradia will interact with Equius; I hope Hussie gives us a look at that.

Vriska gets no ships. Not because I hate her or anything, but because I don't think any of the available ships would work for her.

Trobby
2011-09-24, 08:28 PM
Still think Vriska/BetaJohn works pretty well...though it does mean there will be not two, but three Johns once they hit the reset button, should they take Vriska's feelings into consideration.

...Actually, ARE they taking the dead trolls with them?

...CAN they do that?

Fan
2011-09-24, 10:05 PM
John / Vriska is the only ship that matters. :smallcool:

John / Rezi' would never happened.

Eridan / His hand is the only possible ship for him.

Dave / Rezi is acceptable.

Rose / Kanaya also decent.

Equius / Nepeta *PALE* Is also decent

And of course Nepekat.

Rezi / Noose is also supported.

Derjuin
2011-09-24, 10:08 PM
Shipping lineup!

John/Vriska
Future Karkat/Past Karkat
Gamzee/Tavros
Equius/Gilbert (http://www.andrewhussie.com/comic.php?sec=archive&auth=Blurbs&cid=blurbs/00123-h.gif&blurb=h)
Sollux/Feferi
Nepeta/Karkat
Kanaya/Rose
Dave1/Dave2/Dave5/Dave6/Dave11

BRC
2011-09-24, 10:27 PM
Shipping lineup!

John/Vriska
Future Karkat/Past Karkat
Gamzee/Tavros
Equius/Gilbert (http://www.andrewhussie.com/comic.php?sec=archive&auth=Blurbs&cid=blurbs/00123-h.gif&blurb=h)
Sollux/Feferi
Nepeta/Karkat
Kanaya/Rose
Dave1/Dave2/Dave5/Dave6/Dave11
Oh dear god, why did you need to link me to that.
I read a few, it was like being exposed to the liquefied essence of a Madman's Nightmare.

Derjuin
2011-09-24, 10:38 PM
I read a few, it was like being exposed to the liquefied essence of a Madman's Nightmare.

Because everyone needs to experience it at least once :smallbiggrin: though I believe the proper term is "Hussie brand Dream Sauce"

Also, Kanaya/Vriska.

Still think Vriska/BetaJohn works pretty well...though it does mean there will be not two, but three Johns once they hit the reset button, should they take Vriska's feelings into consideration.

...Actually, ARE they taking the dead trolls with them?

...CAN they do that?

Missed this - I'm pretty sure Aradia said they were bringing the bodies so they could have funerals (it's like a corpse party, but the humans can explain better). Though this doesn't say anything about whether or not a dead person can escape a dream bubble/the afterlife, I'm casting my incredibly unlikely vote that John is able to bring Vriska back, through something like a "love's first kiss" type deal.

BRC
2011-09-24, 10:47 PM
Because everyone needs to experience it at least once :smallbiggrin: though I believe the proper term is "Hussie brand Dream Sauce"

Also, Kanaya/Vriska.

When I close my eyes, all I see are mustaches and udders. My sanity is but a fading memory, I have known madness and it has known me. Reality is but a thin film, a shared hallucination we use to convince ourselves that we have a place in the world. I have seen that we have no place, we are nothing more than an accident, we exist only because the Humanimals take no more notice of us than we do of the ants beneath our feet.

The void takes me, and I embrace it, It's twisted song is the sweetest lullaby because seriously, that stuff is WEIRD!

Garland
2011-09-24, 11:46 PM
*peeks in thread*

Oh ok, the shipping discussion is over now so AGHK HUMANIMALS LINK I FELL FOR IT AGAIN

*runs away*

Gorgondantess
2011-09-25, 12:23 AM
Everyone has to read through the Humanimals archive at least once. It will make you a stronger person.

Claudius Maximus
2011-09-25, 12:33 AM
Yes, so STRONG.

Draconi Redfir
2011-09-25, 08:51 AM
D--> it... it is so b001if001.

Trobby
2011-09-25, 08:58 AM
I'm not sure what booltifool means, but it was certainly an experience .

That I will never experience again.

Ever.

Radar
2011-09-25, 09:37 AM
It's nowhere near as disturbing as his Whistles the Clown. Hussie did however some less known short comics, which are really good and much more sane (for example this (http://www.andrewhussie.com/comic.php?sec=archive&auth=Andrew&cid=aids/00000.jpg) and that (http://www.andrewhussie.com/comic.php?sec=archive&auth=Andrew&cid=nich/00001.jpg)).

He also made some Star Trek TNG edits, which are seriously weird at times.

Lix Lorn
2011-09-25, 11:44 AM
Everyone has to read through the Humanimals archive at least once. It will make you a stronger person.
It made me giggle. xD

And Vriska had BETTER come back. ;_;

Fayd
2011-09-25, 08:49 PM
Prediction for end-of-act-5:

John initiates and probably completes the Scratch. The Green Sun is destroyed by Dave and/or Rose (if DD didn't kill her). Lord English appears. Jade, John, and their completed Bilious Slick jump through the fourth wall in Jade's house, across the yellow yardstick, through the other fourth wall into the troll universe somewhere. Her Imperious Condescension goes through the fourth wall to the human universe and goes back in time to become Betty Crocker.

We then see something that looks very much like the first panel of HomeStuck except that the kid is different. It's now Grandpa Harley at 13 years old.

My 'proofs':
The first bits are implied as occurring already. The thing with Bilious Slick comes from the Seer: Descend flash, where an unlabeled book of prophecy had this written in it: "Though we adore Him we shall never enjoy his beauteous Croak. We spill our blood on acres of black and white so they may cross the yellow yard. At last in Skaia's reflection through broken glass He may find the pond in which He's meant to squat." (Emphasis added). The Betty Crocker thing is to tie up a loose plot thread, and may not actually occur in the flash.

The final point comes from the explanation of the Troll Ancestors: They were originally players in a scratched session, and it is my belief that the Scratch will switch players and ancestors as a uniform rule.

Draconi Redfir
2011-09-25, 08:55 PM
Everything but the lord english bit i beleive has merrit.

i still beleive that mr languige has no place in the medium story.

Fayd
2011-09-25, 09:03 PM
Everything but the lord english bit i beleive has merrit.

i still beleive that mr languige has no place in the medium story.

Well, ... and I hate to use the phrase... but he is already here. We saw him recruit the Demoness, and quite frankly I think he's the POINT of S*word*. It generates universes for him to devour. One of my friends believes that he's another incarnation of Bilious Slick, or is in some way intrinsically connected to him. (Also, his name has nothing to do with language, but is a pool term for the spin put on the ball by the cue stick)

Draconi Redfir
2011-09-25, 09:28 PM
Yes, I know he is involved in the story. He is the universal garbage disposal, eating every universe after it dies, and injecting it with a poison beforehand to ensure that it dies. but he does not have, nor has he ever had any direct affect on any of the players within the medium, he is already here in the universe when the kids and trolls are quite clearly outside of any universe.

to put it simply, imagine a circle, now put a circle within that circle. The inner circle depends on the outer circle for any changes that occur to it, as it can not directly gain anything from the outside world without it first passing through the outer circle. The world of sburb is both outside the universe, and within the inner circle, the world of English is both inside the universe, and within the outer circle.

Each circle represents a different story, the story of the kids in sburb, and the story of the felt in the universe. The two are related, but are rarely and only vaguely connected to one another.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1917/englishdink.png

Perhaps English spends his time in the outer rim with the old gods in between dinking around in each individual universe for a few billion years; perhaps he even directly enters them by finding dead frogs and ripping their guts open. But if this were true, he would have no reason to interfere with any of the players, and he would not even arrive until after they had left. He depends on the players, and the game itself for his very survival. Any damage he does to either of him only robs him of another meal.

Furthermore! English would have no reason to arrive at the destruction of the green sun, as Scratch (And you, the viewers) have stated yourselves that the destruction is required in order to summon English into each individual universe. Why would he attempt to interfere with something, which is directly assisting his goals?

To put it in other words, Lord English is a fox. a fox which may also turn into a bacterium at will. When a new frog is born, English enters it's body and begins playing around for awhile until the frog is a fully grown adult who has had a few offspring, he then puts into motion his plan which will ultimately kill the frog, just in case the frog happens to be immortal for some reason. Previously, he also implanted himself into the frog’s children as they were born, ensuring the same would happen to them. As his plan goes into motion, the frog begins to age and go about its life cycle when Bacterium English’s plan comes full circle and the frog dies due to his poison. Lord English then exits the body, transforms himself into a fox, and consumes the corpse.

Ok so its not a perfect analogy, and yes I know that English uses timetravel to eat the corpse and THEN poison the frog, but I just wanted to be clear on what I was saying here. Any interruption with the frogs natural reproductive cycle would do nothing but harm him in the long run, therefore any interference of English with the humans and the kids would be completely and utterly pointless!

In short, English exists in story A. The kids, the trolls, sburb, and everyone within the medium exists in story B. Conversation and travel between the two is possible, and they do affect one another, but they are still separate stories being told in separate ways. Either story attempting to put the other to an end prematurely would only result in the destruction of both, something neither story wants nor needs, there is no way to get around this. The end.

Derjuin
2011-09-26, 02:48 AM
In other newns, the new Sweet Bor and Helal Jef f is certainly something special...I wonder if it's a "SBAHJifier-created" comic (and if so what the heck did Dave snop a photo of to get THAT?).

Trobby
2011-09-26, 09:02 AM
Ooo! It's a return of fan-favorite, the squirrel!

Gorgondantess
2011-09-26, 03:59 PM
I was about to say why the hell is Hussie updating SBaHJ and not working on the flash but then I saw that the progress bar was at 50% so LET'S HAVE A PARTY!:smallbiggrin:

Draconi Redfir
2011-09-26, 04:17 PM
I was about to say why the hell is Hussie updating SBaHJ and not working on the flash but then I saw that the progress bar was at 50% so LET'S HAVE A PARTY!:smallbiggrin:

Welcome to homestuck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2RpDW9EKOg)

Enjoy your stay. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsrCpRTSJ2E&feature=related)

Trobby
2011-09-27, 12:00 AM
When it comes to Homestuck videos, MasterYorgi is simply the best there is.

Derjuin
2011-09-27, 12:10 AM
When it comes to Homestuck videos, MasterYorgi is simply the best there is.

I must disagree (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzGnF58IVmg) :smalltongue: Though he is pretty good, I gueeeeeeeess.

Lix Lorn
2011-09-27, 04:29 AM
You can't comp8 with MasterYorgi. ;;;;)

Derjuin
2011-09-27, 05:21 AM
You can't comp8 with MasterYorgi. ;;;;)

8ut, you see, MasterYorgi is the one who cannot 8e competing, 8ecause he doesn't have the requisite materials for... SEXY SCIENCE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSScYsDX_Q)!

:::;)

Draconi Redfir
2011-09-27, 09:52 AM
Clearly this is the best vidio ever. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd08gM8xBBE&NR=1)

Garland
2011-09-27, 09:59 AM

That's because you're missing the hidden meanings behind each SBaHJ. For example, scholars already have identified that in the latest strip, sweet bro is trying to tell us something about Sollux (look at his eyes)

SBaHJ holds all the secrets to homestuck. all of the secrets.

Lix Lorn
2011-09-27, 10:49 AM
8ut, you see, MasterYorgi is the one who cannot 8e competing, 8ecause he doesn't have the requisite materials for... SEXY SCIENCE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSScYsDX_Q)!

:::;)
Oh god that video again.
It is outr8ous that my good name is being defamed.
Utahraptor loves me and he knows it.

Clearly this is the best vidio ever. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd08gM8xBBE&NR=1)
Nepimpta 4eva.

That's because you're missing the hidden meanings behind each SBaHJ. For example, scholars already have identified that in the latest strip, sweet bro is trying to tell us something about Sollux (look at his eyes)

See, it would not surprise me if this were true.

Gorgondantess
2011-09-27, 12:43 PM

Ah, of course. A grave oversight on my part: indeed, hidden in the lovecraftian depths in the jpeg decompression algorithm of one SBaHJ is the entirety of Homestuck, including the hidden Act 413. Which is nothing but Troll Smut.

Lix Lorn
2011-09-27, 01:04 PM
Ah, of course. A grave oversight on my part: indeed, hidden in the lovecraftian depths in the jpeg decompression algorithm of one SBaHJ is the entirety of Homestuck, including the hidden Act 413. Which is nothing but Troll Smut.
Don't taunt me. :smallfrown:

Draconi Redfir
2011-09-27, 01:54 PM
That's not act 413, thats the homesmut page on livejornal :P

irenicObserver
2011-09-29, 09:50 PM
*snip: very convincing argument*

but my only question, and the one I hope to get the answer to, is where does the server come from? Who coded it and who or what would take such a thing and distribute throughout paradox space? Also, if they are telling the truth, what could possibly kill the horrorterror?
Gilbert (http://www.andrewhussie.com/comic.php?sec=archive&auth=Blurbs&cid=blurbs/00123-h.gif&blurb=h)

Some of Hussie's stuff, including Hussie himself stirs...confusing and disturbing feelings from within. I wish I had an emoticon to properly express this.

Draconi Redfir
2011-09-29, 10:24 PM
but my only question, and the one I hope to get the answer to, is where does the server come from? Who coded it and who or what would take such a thing and distribute throughout paradox space? Also, if they are telling the truth, what could possibly kill the horrorterror?

if you mean the game itself, well that was answered with the troll arc. The frog temple(s)(or any other sburb ruins) contain the data needed to create the game, and then at some point in the planets timeline, someone will find it, decode it, and create their own copies of the game to begin the cycle of that world.

if you mean who created it the first time, then no one, it has no beginning and no end, as is the very foundation of paradox space. The most likely solution would be that at some point, universe A creates universe B, which creates universe C which creates D, and this path continues on for who-knows-how-many more universes, until some universe eventually creates universe A. and since each universe produces multiple universes from every planet holding sentient life, this loop really only needs to be done once for all of paradox space. For example maybe universe A creates universe B, as well as universes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Universe B then creates universe A, as well as universes 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. Each of universes 1-10 continue in a forward path creating more and more universes to prevent it from being just the two universes in all of existence.

in short, basic grandfather paradox.

As for the horrerterrors, i honestly cant say, it might be English, but it might not be. My best bet would be that sometime before the scratch in the human’s session, Bec noir travels through the furthest ring on his own, murdering any old god he comes across to fuel his wonton destruction. he then finds a new session, which may or may not be the Trolls, and warps himself to were the players are at to continue killing. this could even have potentially happened multiple times before he reached the Trolls session if you consider is near-infinite power and the fact that Carapaces seem to be able to live for long periods of time with little or no nourishment.

Fayd
2011-09-30, 12:26 AM
Well, one of the terms for the horrorterrors are the Dark Gods (sometimes the Old Gods)...

Maybe they're old immortal god-tiered players, outside of time and space.

Lix Lorn
2011-09-30, 07:24 AM
I've always had a little headcanon that the sessions grow in number exponentially. It's not just four kids in one session from earth, but all of the kids. All of them. Human society and Earth was made as is maybe a hundred years ago, and populated almost exclusively by paradox clones.

This also means that billions didn't die, which is a nice side benefit...

Claudius Maximus
2011-09-30, 09:05 AM
Pretty sure Hussie said that none of the other sessions on Earth were successful, though I can't recall if that meant all the kids died by meteors before entering or if a few players ended up stranded in the Incipisphere.

Of course that was before the whole Fedorafreak thing, so maybe that doesn't apply any more?

irenicObserver
2011-09-30, 09:52 AM
I was asking about the Lord English unhackable server. Also, whoever is killing the horrorterrors is probably whatever Skipper Plumbthroat represents

Gez
2011-09-30, 10:54 AM
Of course that was before the whole Fedorafreak thing, so maybe that doesn't apply any more?

Fedorafreak is Lord English. He just doesn't know it yet. :smallcool:

Garland
2011-09-30, 11:04 AM
I was asking about the Lord English unhackable server. Also, whoever is killing the horrorterrors is probably whatever Skipper Plumbthroat represents

...Eridan?

Eridan is in the dreambubbles, killing the horrorterrors because, typically, he didn't understand he wasn't supposed to be doing that. He didn't understand because no one wants to visit his dreambubble. Gog, what an idiot.

Lix Lorn
2011-09-30, 11:53 AM
Pretty sure Hussie said that none of the other sessions on Earth were successful, though I can't recall if that meant all the kids died by meteors before entering or if a few players ended up stranded in the Incipisphere.

Wait, there's word of god on it? :smallfrown:

Claudius Maximus
2011-09-30, 12:38 PM
Yeah, if memory serves. I think it's either here (http://www.formspring.me/mspadventures) or on the old, now-lost formspring (though I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there backed it up).

Draconi Redfir
2011-09-30, 01:06 PM
im pretty sure he didn’t say ALL the other human sessions were failures, just most of them. Since so many humans got the game, and since humans are so weak, we essentially need to zerg-rush the game and hope for the best.

although the whole "our entire universe has cancer" thing could wipe that clean, effectively making every session from every planet in our universe doomed since its entire reproductive tract is sterile.

but if thats true then i have no idea how scratching the session is gunna fix anything, if it's true then what needs to be done is the troll session needs to be scratched somehow, or at least give the human universe some chemotherapy.

as for the English code, that’s just the code that brings English into the universe, nothing more.

Claudius Maximus
2011-09-30, 01:35 PM
56%. I like how precise that is.

irenicObserver
2011-09-30, 09:51 PM
as for the English code, that’s just the code that brings English into the universe, nothing more.

yes, but what are the shenanigany origins of the whole thing? Why is there a Lord English in the first place?

Draconi Redfir
2011-09-30, 09:55 PM
yes, but what are the shenanigany origins of the whole thing? Why is there a Lord English in the first place?

my guess would be that doc scratch or english himself wrote it, and as for why he exists... no awnser, he just does. always has always will.

BRC
2011-10-01, 01:03 AM

There is a Lord English because he traveled back in time to ensure he was summoned.

Garland
2011-10-01, 03:18 PM
It's all so simple really, you wonder why did you even ask.

Gorgondantess
2011-10-01, 03:33 PM
You do realize that everything in HS- everything- exists on paradox, right?

Fayd
2011-10-01, 08:21 PM
my guess would be that doc scratch or english himself wrote it, and as for why he exists... no awnser, he just does. always has always will.

I would actually disagree on this count. Not so much that English himself wrote it (Wouldn't surprise me with Paradox Space as it is), but that he just does, always has and always will.

I firmly believe that while English may be already here... he's also already dead. See, is was distinctly said I believe in the Midnight Crew Intermission that he can only be killed with a particular series of glitches in space and time (by the way, we've seen several glitches already... an archagent obtaining the Ring of the Queen, recieving a prototyping of a First Guardian and then escaping the universe that spawned the horror... a coalition of players, with the resources from two, possibly three Incipispheres, at least two god-tier players...) This knowledge itself is the echo of his own death preceding him. By necessity, he will have already died.

Edit: Yes, it's old and has nothing at all to do with the discussion at hand. But I find it funny. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlixeTboIGg

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-01, 10:19 PM
I would actually disagree on this count. Not so much that English himself wrote it (Wouldn't surprise me with Paradox Space as it is), but that he just does, always has and always will.

I firmly believe that while English may be already here... he's also already dead. See, is was distinctly said I believe in the Midnight Crew Intermission that he can only be killed with a particular series of glitches in space and time (by the way, we've seen several glitches already... an archagent obtaining the Ring of the Queen, recieving a prototyping of a First Guardian and then escaping the universe that spawned the horror... a coalition of players, with the resources from two, possibly three Incipispheres, at least two god-tier players...) This knowledge itself is the echo of his own death preceding him. By necessity, he will have already died.

possible, but given the nature of paradox space, it's possible his own death is also his own birth, allowing him to simply continue on as he always has an always will.

but to take it to more philosophical note, Doc scratch described English as a God did he not? the words "always has existed, always will exist" would certainly define a god fairly well i would say. if he can die, then perhaps he is merely similar to scratch in that way, he dies, but he is recreated in a new form and continues on his way. if he didn’t, then the dead-frog corpse pile would never stop from getting higher! (though that is possibly just a personal headcannon)

Fayd
2011-10-01, 10:51 PM
if he can die, then perhaps he is merely similar to scratch in that way, he dies, but he is recreated in a new form and continues on his way.

Lord English = The Doctor? He already has the coat...

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-01, 10:56 PM
Lord English = The Doctor?

Precisely. (http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8413/ayup.jpg) whitestuff

irenicObserver
2011-10-02, 10:06 AM
That picture is so perfect I don't even...
but yeah, I thought of something like that a long time ago, only it was the fourth doctor. Guys, I do know that everything of importance exists paradoxically, I just would like to find out the exact process, but just as well it's no big deal.

Would anyone be willing to help me refine my OCs? I have some dark pockets in concept to be filled.

CrimsonAngel
2011-10-02, 03:53 PM
Would anyone be willing to help me refine my OCs? I have some dark pockets in concept to be filled.

I would be happy to help. Do you just mean their characters, or their stories?

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-02, 04:36 PM
likewise, i've got a few OC's myself

Trobby
2011-10-03, 09:16 AM
OCs you say?

Lixy and I have been doing OC roleplaying for, oh, about a month or two now.

Ask away. B)

Lix Lorn
2011-10-03, 09:17 AM
tR♥BBI iS aN aWES♥ME r♥LEPLAIER

irenicObserver
2011-10-03, 01:51 PM
For the most part I've got stories down. I just need some help with a few loose ends. There are four kids, two humans, two trolls, a boy-girl pair. Both pairs are heroes of space and time.

Human girl: Lives in the suburbs, is a huge dork about comics and junk, has a lot of swag you'd associate with a regular Comic-con goer. She likes to wear a lot of hats (especially fedoras) and would have used Riflekind but ends up using Bowkind. (has a lot of hidden self-esteem issues) Rogue of Time
Troll girl: she is a lowblood Ophiuchus troll with a snake monster lusus. She has a few sensory issues, like schizophrenia and synesthesia. This gives her the benefit of really good coding skills. She doesn't get much sleep and has bags under her eyes. Either Daggerkind or Spearkind specibus. I'm thinking she'd have a lot of motifs involving rings and loops, with a sort of Ring Fetch modus. Heir(ess) of Space
Troll boy: Highblood troll of Ouranos. Giant bird beast lusus. Hive by the sea. Enjoys FLARPing but mostly plays by sniping the encounters from a distance.
Mage of Time
Human boy: [This is the guy with the most loose ends, I'm just not sure about him yet] kind of Lower-Upper class. Has a lot of fruit and flowers in his atrium. Not really sure about his character. _____ of Space

bluh I'm not really sure what to ask, I had something. I'll come back later when I get my questions in order.

Gorgondantess
2011-10-03, 02:36 PM
She has a few sensory issues, like schizophrenia and synesthesia. This gives her the benefit of really good coding skills.

......Why?

EDIT: AlsO, DoeS AnyonE HerE UsE PesterchuM/TrolliaN? MY HandlE IS dauntingGorgon.:smallbiggrin:

AgentPaper
2011-10-03, 02:43 PM
......Why?

EDIT: AlsO, DoeS AnyonE HerE UsE PesterchuM/TrolliaN? MY HandlE IS dauntingGorgon.:smallbiggrin:

Because if DnD has taught us anything, disabilities = power.

Lix Lorn
2011-10-03, 02:45 PM
tHERES aCTUALLI a pR♥GRAM cALLED pESTERCHUM
wHI wAS i n♥T iNF♥RMED

Gorgondantess
2011-10-03, 02:47 PM
tHERES aCTUALLI a pR♥GRAM cALLED pESTERCHUM
wHI wAS i n♥T iNF♥RMED

YoU CaN EveN PrograM IN TypinG QuirkS. (http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?37333-PESTERCHUM-3.14.1-New-Pesterchum-%286-26-3.41-8eta-pg54%29):smallcool:
Also, if you're going to download it, I'd avoid the 3.41 beta. I tried it and it kept crashing on me.:smallconfused:
It also doesn't have Trollian 2.5, which is by far the best theme.:smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2011-10-03, 03:12 PM
(Downloads So Fast)
mI tR♥LLSELF iS cUDDLEFANGS aND mI kIDSELF iS RAINB♥WDREAMS

Derjuin
2011-10-03, 04:10 PM
Oh hey, I finally figured trollian(/pesterchum but trollian is way cooler :smallcool:) out! My handle is draconianComposer on it if anyone would like to chat.

Fayd
2011-10-03, 04:32 PM
......Why?

Because that's basically how Terezi sees? Not exactly the schizophrenia, but... Terezi is basically a great example of synesthesia.

Gorgondantess
2011-10-03, 04:33 PM
Because that's basically how Terezi sees? Not exactly the schizophrenia, but... Terezi is basically a great example of synesthesia.

Okay. Terezi does have synesthesia. This gives her coding skills, how?

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-03, 04:46 PM
--PsychoticEngineer has joined RANDOM OC CHAT--

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3968/crazytroll.th.png
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9594/peart.th.png

Eye'm not on pesterchum very much (but eye can ef you want me to be >|;) ) but eye am on nnnguh, Formspreng (http://www.formspring.me/PsychoEngineer) and EyeRC (http://mspa.determinismsucks.net/wiki/index.php?title=IRC) all the teyeme! You should nnnguh, totaly come to #freshfragrance someteyeme and hang out >O8D

And #pesterlite for OOC chat, i'm known as PETmun there.

CrimsonAngel
2011-10-03, 05:19 PM
YoU CaN EveN PrograM IN TypinG QuirkS. (http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?37333-PESTERCHUM-3.14.1-New-Pesterchum-%286-26-3.41-8eta-pg54%29):smallcool:
Also, if you're going to download it, I'd avoid the 3.41 beta. I tried it and it kept crashing on me.:smallconfused:
It also doesn't have Trollian 2.5, which is by far the best theme.:smalltongue:

Why not use version 6.0?

I have 16 OCs. ಠ_ಠ
predictablyOutraged
hospitablyFerocious
pestilentMarionette
theatricalSimba
linguisticMasochist
rainbowSavant
mechanicalAnomaly
azureAngel
personalComposition
eccentricBackstroke
underseaHeretic
auspiciousGrace
royalUsurper
artificialRomance
paradoxRemix

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-03, 05:33 PM
allright so you know how i said i could get onto pesterchum if you wanted me to? yeahh scratch that, apparently not touching or using the dang thing for a month or two makes it stop working. sooo yeah.

As for OC's i've got eight.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5852/heightchart.png

Frpm left to right, SickTroll (No handle) PsychoticEngineer, MusicTroll(No handle), ElectronicTrooper, DrugTroll (No handle), PaternalTomcat, EmotionallyEmpty, and EnergeticPrincess.

Fayd
2011-10-03, 05:41 PM
Okay. Terezi does have synesthesia. This gives her coding skills, how?

Excellent point. Fayd 0. Reading comprehension 1.

BRC
2011-10-03, 05:44 PM
The only character I can think of who has "Really Good Coding Skills" is Sollux, and I think that's less because he is a psychic/becomes blind, and more just because he's happens to be a really good programmer.

I think the only "Skill" Terezi got from her blindness, was the ability to "see" while blind.

Trobby
2011-10-03, 07:07 PM
And being able to taste deceit, if you believe her. :smallwink:

I may or may not try using Pesterchum, but if I do, I have two OCs.

spearmePlease - 4 VerY PrecociouS TrolL. BB)

woodlandWanderer - A human girl boy who never uses punctuation At least not until the end of her pesterpost And even then usually just the one.

((Will describe them more in a sec.))

Better yet, here's pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/hvVXw.png http://i.imgur.com/ncamC.png

@V: It really wouldn't. Having worked with some code myself, I can honestly say that that would not really help much at all.

You could, however, say that they are very good at coding AND have synesthasia, often color-coding their code in ways that make sense to them, and no one else.

As for your last OC, I suggest possibly making him the most 'average' of the group. A kid who is really into gaming but isn't terribly well-endowed with gaming vernacular. Who likes to code, but isn't very good at it. Who wants to do magic, but really doesn't know any tricks.

Or whatever mundane dreams and aspirations you think he ought to have. It'd be a refreshingly mundane concept, and easy to relate to.

irenicObserver
2011-10-03, 07:30 PM
Well I remember reading somewhere that synesthesia can manifest as seeing different shapes such as numbers as different colors, someone could see an entire row of fives and twos in a font that makes them virtually indistinguishable and a synesthete could easily pick them apart. I figured that would be helpful with lines of code. For further reference look up a russian individual with the codename S.

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-03, 09:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ncamC.png

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3968/crazytroll.png

if these two ever met, She would hunt him down, pry his eyes out, preserve them, and then mount them on her wall... it's kinda her thing.

Gorgondantess
2011-10-03, 11:22 PM
spearmePlease - 4 VerY PrecociouS TrolL.

HeY! YoU StolE MY TypinG QuirK!:smallmad:
In other news, getting that typing quirk to work on pesterchum is a little tricky. If you have any problems, hit me up.:smallcool:

Derjuin
2011-10-03, 11:52 PM
The only OC I've ever made is the one I based my trollian tag off of (draconianComposer):

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc273/xilobucket/Regein2.png

Her original features were largely scrapped together from various canon characters, but I didn't particularly care for the original artist's interpretation so I made my own. She was involved in a fan adventure with Fan and a few others, though it ended up dropping to just Fan and I for the last half or so.

Trobby
2011-10-04, 05:58 AM
@^: VERY nice artwork on your fantroll there.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3968/crazytroll.png

if these two ever met, She would hunt him down, pry his eyes out, preserve them, and then mount them on her wall... it's kinda her thing.

Then it is probably a good thing very few trolls even know he exists.

What with living atop a mountain.

Surrounded by deadly monsters.

Guarded by a Lusus that eats precocious trolls for breakfast.

Literally.

In other news, getting that typing quirk to work on pesterchum is a little tricky. If you have any problems, hit me up.:smallcool:

I would like some help with that, actually.

Does your troll also replace his as with 4s? And replace words that sound like four with the number 4, but not the actual word four?

It's a far more particular typing quirk than it appear to be at first. :smallwink:

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-04, 07:15 AM
Then it is probably a good thing very few trolls even know he exists.

Surrounded by deadly monsters.

Guarded by a Lusus that eats precocious trolls for breakfast.

Literally.

Sounds leyeke a nnnguh, challenge >O8)

Lix Lorn
2011-10-04, 09:28 AM
Whenever I enter a regexp quirk, it crashes when I try to test it.

Gorgondantess
2011-10-04, 02:20 PM
I would like some help with that, actually.

Whenever I enter a regexp quirk, it crashes when I try to test it.

It actually sortof depends on what version you're using- 3.14 or 3.41. 3.41 is kindof buggy and that's probably the domain of your problems.

EDIT: if you're really having problems, the maker of pesterchum, ghostDunk is often on and very helpful.:smallsmile:

CrimsonAngel
2011-10-04, 05:58 PM

Wooah! That's weird because soo doo I. Oobvioously yoou stoole this tootally ooriginal idea froom me.

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-04, 06:34 PM
Nahhh, you two are just nnnguh, neighbours >O8P

irenicObserver
2011-10-04, 09:30 PM
Anyone ever had any ideas for a First Guardian?

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-04, 09:46 PM
not really no, IMHO unless you are creating an neitre new fan species that is not a troll or a human, you don't really need to think aout guardians. as Bec and Doc have already been made by the kids and trolls.

Jokasti
2011-10-04, 10:39 PM
Mentioned this a thread ago. :smallwink:

Anyone here use pesterchum? :smallbiggrin:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/071/9/d/rotera_karach_by_jokasti-d3bi5gh.png
Did her a while ago too. Playing with IRL friends is fun. :smallsmile:

Qaera
2011-10-04, 10:45 PM
I trolled with crimsonAngel and then we played in a game on these forums. I had Lavesi (http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/216/e/f/lavesi_by_athousand_words-d45hujl.png), but I'm thinking of a new one.
Uhm, A Rainbow Drinker Would Love To Sink Her Fangs In This One~

~ ♅

irenicObserver
2011-10-04, 10:50 PM
not really no, IMHO unless you are creating an neitre new fan species that is not a troll or a human, you don't really need to think aout guardians. as Bec and Doc have already been made by the kids and trolls.

Well...there's always the ripe fodder presented by the players who made the troll universe. I believe there to be 48?

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-04, 10:51 PM
preeety sure you'll want to stick to a single blood colour.

Well...there's always the ripe fodder presented by the players who made the troll universe. I believe there to be 48?

h'uh? your sugguesting 48 players created the troll universe? the number of players doesnt matter, it just needs to be even.

Trobby
2011-10-05, 09:12 AM
Wooah! That's weird because soo doo I. Oobvioously yoou stoole this tootally ooriginal idea froom me.

WhY IS EveryonE 4ssuminG Th4T I StolE TheiR StylE? I SupposE OnE OF YoU H4S 4 Gi4nT Birdbe4sT WitH C4tmonsteR Qu4litieS* LusuS ToO?

*Or, in highblood terms, a griffon.

And yes, Viamon is a lowblood. Lower even than Tavros, though not quite as low as Aradia. There's no real significance to this, except that lowbloods tend to have psychic powers more frequently (which he has), and it lets me say he has Orange Dreamsicle blood, should flavor ever become a factor.

irenicObserver
2011-10-05, 09:24 AM
h'uh? your sugguesting 48 players created the troll universe? the number of players doesnt matter, it just needs to be even.

audino possibly, if the zodiac thing is a constant between sessions.

Trobby
2011-10-05, 11:18 AM
That doesn't necessarily mean that players are an exponential thing.

For all we know, the session that spawned the trolls had only two players. There is no evidence that there's any sort of progression when it comes to player count.

Also, how did you even get 48? 4x12? How is that a thing that makes sense?

irenicObserver
2011-10-05, 12:07 PM
because there are 48 Alternian zodiac signs. calm down dude, I said it was a possibility, no one said it was a fact yet

jegus >8^y
;)

Trobby
2011-10-05, 12:14 PM
There are? o.o Since when was this an established thing?

Not that I doubt this, I just don't remember this ever being established.

irenicObserver
2011-10-05, 12:24 PM
None of it is completely confirmed but according to the wiki it is mention here (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004475). So, like I said, it's only a possibility now.

Trobby
2011-10-05, 01:46 PM
None of it is completely confirmed but according to the wiki it is mention here (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004475). So, like I said, it's only a possibility now.

CG: HOW CAN YOU EVEN SMELL SO DAMN WELL, ANYWAY.
CG: YOU GIVE ME A HARD TIME ABOUT BEING COY ABOUT ****
CG: BUT WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR CRAZY SENSES YOU'RE SO VAGUE, IT'S LIKE TRYING TO DECIPHER THE DAILY HOROSCOPE RIDDLE.
CG: OR THE RIDDLES FOR ALL 48 SIGNS COMBINED.

...Okay so that IS pretty damning evidence. <.<;

Wow, if there WERE 48 players in that session, it must have been so intense (tense).

Gorgondantess
2011-10-05, 03:40 PM
CG: HOW CAN YOU EVEN SMELL SO DAMN WELL, ANYWAY.
CG: YOU GIVE ME A HARD TIME ABOUT BEING COY ABOUT ****
CG: BUT WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR CRAZY SENSES YOU'RE SO VAGUE, IT'S LIKE TRYING TO DECIPHER THE DAILY HOROSCOPE RIDDLE.
CG: OR THE RIDDLES FOR ALL 48 SIGNS COMBINED.

...Okay so that IS pretty damning evidence. <.<;

Wow, if there WERE 48 players in that session, it must have been so intense (tense).

Hussie also jokingly talked about another Sburb session with 48 players.

CrimsonAngel
2011-10-05, 04:18 PM
Finally I can buy my hero of breath shirt. And I might also get a hero of time shirt... Gotta buy them all. Help me.

Qaera
2011-10-05, 06:32 PM
WhY IS EveryonE 4ssuminG Th4T I StolE TheiR StylE? I SupposE OnE OF YoU H4S 4 Gi4nT Birdbe4sT WitH C4tmonsteR Qu4litieS* LusuS ToO?

*Or, in highblood terms, a griffon.

And yes, Viamon is a lowblood. Lower even than Tavros, though not quite as low as Aradia. There's no real significance to this, except that lowbloods tend to have psychic powers more frequently (which he has), and it lets me say he has Orange Dreamsicle blood, should flavor ever become a factor.

Uhm, your orange is higher (http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnl2rrI6VW1qlcnleo1_500.png)than PB's...

~ ♅

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-05, 06:49 PM
Hussie also jokingly talked about another Sburb session with 48 players.

oh yeah, the squiddle session he mentioned on his formspring.

wwelp.

(and for the record one of my trolls DID have a giant bird lusus, but it was just a bird, not a griffon.))

Trobby
2011-10-05, 06:50 PM
I wish I could. I also wish those twelve blank spaces staring at me weren't so temporally tempting.

Uhm, your orange is higher (http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnl2rrI6VW1qlcnleo1_500.png)than PB's...

~ ♅

Huh...I was told that the hemospectrum was based on hue, and measured mine against Tav...

Maybe I mis-measured it though...it is not exactly a cut-and-dry system.

The point is, he is a lowblood, yet the nature of his lusus afforded him a rather secluded mountaintop hive.

irenicObserver
2011-10-05, 09:13 PM
How would anyone feel about fanart of the kids of the session after the Scratch?

Selrahc
2011-10-10, 04:11 PM
25/10
Two more weeks still to go...

Trobby
2011-10-10, 06:44 PM
How would anyone feel about fanart of the kids of the session after the Scratch?

I'd be okay with seeing that. :O

Also, any last-minute bets on what the 10/25 flash is going to show us?

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-10, 11:58 PM

Rocks fall, everyone dies, Act six and seven are about the twenty four squiddles' slow decent into madness.

/hussie

Derjuin
2011-10-13, 06:41 AM

Fedorafreak's handheld ascends to Pod Tier, it turns out Terezi is now a rainbow drinkerspawn and kills the rest of the trolls sans Kanaya in a fit of undead rainbow rage, Bec-Noir discovers he is actually half-frogdog and kills himself to save his own honor, Eridan's legs reanimate themselves and walk off into the lab somewhere, Nepetaghost and Equiusghost use memory-biology to create the first idea for the humanimal in Hussie's mind however many years ago, Dave resurrects Davesprite with a kiss delivered via smuppet, Cal finally time travels to the end of the universe, becomes fed up with time travel and ascends to Lord Tier, changing his name from Cal to English in the process to mask his true identity, and sows the seeds of destruction in the troll world via Aradiancestor to get back at Gamzee for creating him in Dave's dreams and causin' all this ruckus, John decides to intervene in Rose's delivery of the bomb to the Green Sun because he can't bring Vriska back and he "doesn't want to miss a thing" (a la somewhat skewed Armageddon reference), the Corpse Party goes horribly because no corpses make it to the party and it's rather awkward to have all living people (plus a half-living person (sollux)) at a Corpse Party, and Doc Scratch turns out to be the puppet of Doc Scratch 2, who actually controls Doc Scratch 1 from a distance with ultra-accurate telekinesis.

:smalltongue:

In more seriousness:

I wouldn't put a bet on it, but I would like to see Vriska come back and be with Alive John instead of Dead Alternate John. DAJ simply doesn't have the characterization that AJ got during his time as a God that made me like the idea of the two being together.

TheArsenal
2011-10-15, 10:17 AM
I personaly think that the best music that summarizes homestuck is this. (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1296948465/no-time-to-explain-indie-game)

Its name even fits perfectly (No time to explain)

Radar
2011-10-15, 12:09 PM
I personaly think that the best music that summarizes homestuck is this. (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1296948465/no-time-to-explain-indie-game)

Its name even fits perfectly (No time to explain)
It's also suitably epic and all about inevitable time loops.

TheArsenal
2011-10-15, 12:17 PM
Its also about giant mutated monsters.

It begins simple with a repeating melody.

But then the trumpet begins playing. Something much larger then any of us can expect.

Then it has that cool rewinding part

And now its at a cresendo. Everything is slowing down, the stars are aligning, cards are being played.

It is the end of times.

Claudius Maximus
2011-10-19, 09:57 AM
So this exists. (http://homestuckgaiden.bandcamp.com/album/jailbreak-vol-1)

memnarch
2011-10-19, 11:17 AM
So this exists. (http://homestuckgaiden.bandcamp.com/album/jailbreak-vol-1)

No it doesn't. You crazy or something? :smallwink:

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-19, 04:46 PM
Hey you! Yeah you with the MSPA Roleplaying! Click and read here! (http://rpbuddysearch.tumblr.com/post/11645335765/characters-wanted) learn how to get it via Here! (http://mspa.determinismsucks.net/wiki/index.php?title=IRC)

Simius
2011-10-22, 10:02 PM
http://mspaintadventures.com/scraps2/EOAprogress.gif

But we still gotta wait until tueday. :smallannoyed:

Trobby
2011-10-22, 10:11 PM
Damnit, progress bar. Why must you taunt us?

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-24, 07:45 PM
One more day till end of act 5!

But gaddang seizure warning on that bar @.@

Trobby
2011-10-24, 08:23 PM
Hussie Made a Tumblr! (http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/)

Act 5 Ending flash might have server issues! D:

memnarch
2011-10-24, 08:30 PM
So, think if it goes up on newgrounds (or whatever the temp host was before) that the traffic would crash that site as well?

irenicObserver
2011-10-24, 08:43 PM
I would imagine so from all the traffic likely to happen.

is it weird that I thought of dirty looks when I saw that 100%?

Derjuin
2011-10-25, 12:10 AM
Oh hey, the pages are up now...except the actual EoA flash, which is apparently on Newgrounds, which is undergoing maintenance. XD

JADE! :smallfrown:

Bad Situation
2011-10-25, 01:44 AM
Livestream of EoA Flash (http://www.livestream.com/raptorbane/video?clipId=pla_71204d76-08f5-4799-86a6-69b64ebaebaa&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb)

Figured I would share this with everybody who isn't currently fanboying over on the mspa forums.

Andrew uploaded it to megaupload too: Link Here. (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CG0O78QW) It's safe by the way, linked from his twitter.

Midnight Lurker
2011-10-25, 01:54 AM
WHAT THE SMURF DID I JUST WATCH

mind = blown
blown = mind

Icewalker
2011-10-25, 02:01 AM
Yeah, Andrew Hussie has an entire DDOS attack worth of people at his beck and call. He just dropped Newgrounds. That's impressive.

Just finished the download.

Cascade. Let's do this...

:smalleek:

s....u.....c....k....e.....r....s......
:smallfurious:

...Hussie is waaaaaay too good at this.

Khosan
2011-10-25, 02:30 AM
So I watched it.

I am now confused.

Level8Mudcrab
2011-10-25, 02:41 AM
I have no idea what just happened. And yet it all makes so much sense.

Midnight Lurker
2011-10-25, 02:46 AM
Okay, so...

I guess Jade's death was what had Bec Noir so everloving pissed off when he scratched into the trolls' session.

And Doc Scratch... thinks something's gone his way.

And ALL FOUR KIDS ARE GOD TIER. And Jade MERGED WITH JADESPRITE into the bargain.

...and Slick killing Snowman was the fuse for the bomb that consists of OUR UNIVERSE?

There is so much here that I will not be able to understand until the next text recap. Almost all of it, in fact. :smallcool:

Gorgondantess
2011-10-25, 02:46 AM
So. That was both very awesome, and very frustrating.
SPOILERS!
For the longest time I have been praying for Rose to go god tier. It's a fan thing. Dave, too, as this (http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/even-in-death)would pretty much be the perfect Dave: Rise Up music.
And, okay, so they went god tier. But there was no fanfare! No awesome music! You didn't even get to get a good look at them for cripessakes! And what you did, didn't look good. Those outfits are dorky at best. And meanwhile, Jade pretty much becomes god. Jade, who is by far the least interesting of the kids.
*facepalm*
Oh, and I was really hoping for WV to get the ring... but he dies, and PM does instead?
*facepalm*
No, I wasn't expecting Hussie to conform to my expectations hopes, and from a purely objective viewpoint, the flash was AWESOME. Still, a little piece of the rabid, obsessive fan in me pretty much got curbstomped by the flash, here.:smallsigh:

Icewalker
2011-10-25, 02:59 AM
Welllll...

Jade dies. Bec Noir takes her to her quest bed. Normally it wouldn't work because she doesn't have a living dreamself, but, she prototyped herself into the sprite. So, she ascended as a god into the spirit corpse version of herself (this can't end all well for one's psyche!)

The entire everything forever was a huge plot from Scratch. Rose and Dave never could have blown up the Green Sun. They just CREATED IT.

I'm a bit fuzzy on a lot of other details. Both the humans' and the trolls' universes are collapsing, so Jade escaped through a hole she broke in the fourth wall, rather than escaping into the trolls' universe as originally planned.

Bec Noir jumped to ruined Earth, slaughtered the wanderers, and then used their devices to teleport himself into the trolls' universe, as we've heard the story of in the past, and ruined their session and began destroying everything. However, the last wanderer, still alive, picked up the ring, so we've got a Bec Mendicant who looks like he's hunting Bec Noir down for vengeance.

As to how Dave and Rose hit god tier even though they didn't have a dreamself to transfer into, I haven't a clue.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-10-25, 03:29 AM
Hussie, you magnificent bastard, you blew my mind.

John is probably no longer the most powerful of the kids- for all we know, Jade still has the green sun fuelling her; if she isn't, Dave's got his weird time powers now.

I was hoping to see more of the trolls, though, but I'm not disappointed. At all.

As a massive WV fan: YES. @#$% YES. HELL @#$%ING YES.

Derjuin
2011-10-25, 03:45 AM
Hoo-boy...

It was even more spectacular than expected, and yet, I can't help but feel a little disappointed, especially in Jade's new powers that seem to include "You can do (almost) anything", but it just hit me that she might still have Bec's powers, so it kinda makes sense. The ears were a cute touch though, and are probably a tell-tale sign that she does actually have Bec's powers.

Also, I noticed Dave's hat resembles something of a chainmail coif, following a Knight theme, and Rose's hood hangs over her eyes like that of a stereotyped seer. I'm not quite sure about Jade's hat, though. </armchairpsychohatologist>

The multiple ascensions are ...confusing to me, probably because we were only given secondhand info on how each character previous to this achieved theirs. At first I was under the impression that ascending was a way to help a player that died make better use of their dreamself, but it required them to find their quest bed first and die on it. Thus, players that never found their quest bed couldn't ascend, rewarding those that explored their planets thoroughly.

That seems to be all up in jumbles now; maybe dying on a quest bed automatically moves the dreamself to the slab on which they ascend? But then, John's was on Skaia, Vriska's seemed to be on Skaia (the sky-blue background led me to believe that), Rose's/Dave's/Aradia's was inside their moon (coincidentally, all Derse), Jade's...uh, seems to be another special case, since she took over for her dreamselfbecsprite on the spot, no fancy shenanigans involving dreamself-side beds at all.

PM fighting (distracting?) BecNoir is a bit of a surprise, and I mourn the loss of our civil and beloved mayor, though it does kind of go with the chess theme for white to fight black. I hope PM kicks his butt, to be honest. Though, I don't understand his motivation for going into the Trolls' incipisphere. Did he somehow connect the death of Jade (by his own orders, if I recall correctly) by CD's hands to the trolls? If so, that's a rather large logic leap...unless I'm misunderstanding.

Also Scratch is creepy as usual. I'm gonna need to watch it again to catch things I missed though...

--RA8ID FAN O8SESSION MODE ENG8GED--

I'm actually kind of glad the flash ended before the two groups met, so I can say that my pet theory MIGHT STILL HAPPEN. Because of the number of haters that will go on hatin' (http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/087/536/1292102239519.gif?1318992465), however, I'll keep that theory to myself until it happens, or can't happen, or until people 8ug me enough a8out it, 8ut that pro8a8ly won't happen anyway.

Icewalker
2011-10-25, 04:10 AM
Also there's supposed to be a new album up today. I'm looking forward to that. :smallbiggrin:

Simius
2011-10-25, 04:10 AM
As to how Dave and Rose hit god tier even though they didn't have a dreamself to transfer into, I haven't a clue.
Those were the dreamselves of Dave and Rose that died on their quest beds. Their normal selves were killed by Jack. Their ascension was kind of the same as Aradia's, who also had only a dream self (and a physic ghost/robot, but that doesn't appear to count).

Apparently, if a dream self dies on a quest bed, and the real self is dead, he/she ascends to god tier anyway.

Icewalker
2011-10-25, 04:13 AM
Hmmm, yeah, guess that may be the case. Pretty significant caveat! Everybody was under the impression that with one of the selves dead ascension was no longer an option.

I'm still not sure. May be that there's some extra detail in Dave and Rose's return. Aradia's may be a bit of an exception cause she also got prototyped and so had another 'her' which existed for the ascension, much like how Jade just did it.

Simius
2011-10-25, 04:36 AM
Oh yeah, fair enough. I'd forgotten that Aradia was also self-prototyped.

Dragonus45
2011-10-25, 05:43 AM
So it seems like the Docs big plan has been to blow up two worlds to create the green sun. Im thinking that Lord English needs it since he is some type of first guardian Only Aradia seems to have pulled a fast one of him and put the quest beds out to save Dave and Rose. Either that or the game itself is fighting back against the shenanigans of English and company and put them there. So becJade is rather the boss. And im going to find hussy and end him over what he did to our much loved and adored mayor.

Bad Situation
2011-10-25, 07:52 AM
I felt the red slippers and striped stockings were a very nice touch to Jade's Dog-tier outfit. A real fitting choice for the Witch of Space. As for the Dave and Rose only receiving a small portion of the flash, I feel that it was intentional. They're the Derse Dreamers, it's only fitting that they would rise in the shadows. I'm sure they'll get their moment soon enough.
WELP! Back to shipping Dave and Rose together.

Derjuin
2011-10-25, 08:10 AM
New album is up! 37 tracks, not quite as large as Vol. 5, and so far my favorite is the 2nd track (Do You Remem8er Me). Also, Vols. 1-4 have apparently been repackaged as one big volume, for something like $10.

Overall I like the sound of this volume, though some of the songs are a bit slow/unnecessarily repetitive (one or two of the 4-minute ones could have been done as 2-minute pieces, IMO).

Bad Situation
2011-10-25, 08:36 AM
New album is up! 37 tracks, not quite as large as Vol. 5, and so far my favorite is the 2nd track (Do You Remem8er Me). Also, Vols. 1-4 have apparently been repackaged as one big volume, for something like $10.

Overall I like the sound of this volume, though some of the songs are a bit slow/unnecessarily repetitive (one or two of the 4-minute ones could have been done as 2-minute pieces, IMO).
I think Lotus (Bloom) works really well as a 4 minute piece.

Trobby
2011-10-25, 08:36 AM
*Engage Level 5 Ignore All Posts Maneuver!*

I'm going to sit here, and watch every, single [S] Flash that exists first.

THEN. And only THEN, will I attempt to watch [S]Cascade.

TheArsenal
2011-10-25, 08:37 AM
Personaly I don't think that jade- is overpowered. She is a witch of space. She can transport things and make them larger and smaller. Fits perfectly.

Oracle_Hunter
2011-10-25, 08:55 AM
So what, we have 3 Bec-Tier, 4 God Tier kids (double-counting Jade), and one remaining God Tier troll? That's a lot of power being thrown around.

Personally, I'm not pleased by the proliferation of Bec-Tiers and I'm not quite sure I can reconcile Rose & Dave's ascension. Why did they think to look for Quest Beds within Derse? Aradia certainly never told them, and Rose was all but certain she'd never make God Tier (IIRC due to a conversation with Aradia!). Since there has been little Destiny so far (i.e. an abstract force guiding events, rather than manipulations from time-travelers and Doc Scratch) I'd be annoyed to find out Destiny is suddenly important in the Homestuckverse :smallannoyed:

The proliferation of Bec-Tiers is worrying because when you have an uneven number of Bec-Tiers on a side, all other forces on the board become irrelevant. When it was just Bec Noir, he was the Big Bad and everyone else was scrambling to find some way to cope. If it was just Bec Noir and Bec Mendicant then they could have a stalemate and the other characters could, well, get on with the story. But now we have Bec Harley hanging out unopposed. Since there are literally no other entities on Bec Noir's side -- of consequence or not -- what's to keep Bec Harley from just solving the story?

Only if she decides (foolishly) to now blow up the Green Sun or Lord English (apologies for formatting :smalltongue:) shows up right now do we have a story in which the other characters are relevant. Of course, Bec Harley might be Lord English (formatting!) for all we know.
Complaints aside, I trust Hussie to keep the story rolling with the same sort of strong plotting (and incomprehensible twists and turns) he's shown all along. Still, I felt the need to get some concerns off my chest :smallsmile:

Bad Situation
2011-10-25, 09:01 AM
So what, we have 3 Bec-Tier, 4 God Tier kids (double-counting Jade), and one remaining God Tier troll? That's a lot of power being thrown around.

Personally, I'm not pleased by the proliferation of Bec-Tiers and I'm not quite sure I can reconcile Rose & Dave's ascension. Why did they think to look for Quest Beds within Derse? Aradia certainly never told them, and Rose was all but certain she'd never make God Tier (IIRC due to a conversation with Aradia!). Since there has been little Destiny so far (i.e. an abstract force guiding events, rather than manipulations from time-travelers and Doc Scratch) I'd be annoyed to find out Destiny is suddenly important in the Homestuckverse :smallannoyed:

The proliferation of Bec-Tiers is worrying because when you have an uneven number of Bec-Tiers on a side, all other forces on the board become irrelevant. When it was just Bec Noir, he was the Big Bad and everyone else was scrambling to find some way to cope. If it was just Bec Noir and Bec Mendicant then they could have a stalemate and the other characters could, well, get on with the story. But now we have Bec Harley hanging out unopposed. Since there are literally no other entities on Bec Noir's side -- of consequence or not -- what's to keep Bec Harley from just solving the story?

Only if she decides (foolishly) to now blow up the Green Sun or Lord English (apologies for formatting :smalltongue:) shows up right now do we have a story in which the other characters are relevant. Of course, Bec Harley might be Lord English (formatting!) for all we know.
Complaints aside, I trust Hussie to keep the story rolling with the same sort of strong plotting (and incomprehensible twists and turns) he's shown all along. Still, I felt the need to get some concerns off my chest :smallsmile:
I don't think they destroyed the Green Sun. In fact, I'm of the mind that they created it, or amped it up to some fashion. Doc Scratch is still dead, and still has the last laugh. Lord English is coming (which is preposterous, because he was already there to begin with)

Oracle_Hunter
2011-10-25, 09:04 AM
I don't think they destroyed the Green SUn. In fact, I'm of the mind that they created it. Doc Scratch is still dead, and has the last laugh. Lord English is coming (which is preposterous, because he was already there to begin with)
No no, they totally just created the Green Sun. What I'm saying is that, unless Bec Harley now decides to blow up the Green Sun with her Bec Powers, she's going to ROLFstomp any opposition that arrives -- short of Lord English, of course. And, since she has no reason to do so aside from preservation of the story, she shouldn't do this unless Hussie fails at writing.

This assumes that the Green Sun is, in fact, the source of Bec-Tier power and Doc Scratch wasn't just lying.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-10-25, 09:24 AM
Note that, unless Hussie said something via twitter or formspring, that we don't know if Jade has her Bec powers still. Aradia no longer has her frog-ribbits, right? For all we know, the ascension to God Tier wiped it out of her.

The dog ears make that a bit difficult to substantiate, but I'd wait until more follow up stuff before we judge stuff based on the flash alone...Hussie's flashes, while awesome, tend to be a bit confusing, too.

I'd also like to say that, artwise, this is the best flash Hussie's ever made. The art is amazing.

PhantomFox
2011-10-25, 09:48 AM
A 13 min long flash? I... I have no words. And I am still confused to the implications of everything. Can someone recap for me?

Oracle_Hunter
2011-10-25, 09:48 AM
Note that, unless Hussie said something via twitter or formspring, that we don't know if Jade has her Bec powers still. Aradia no longer has her frog-ribbits, right? For all we know, the ascension to God Tier wiped it out of her.

The dog ears make that a bit difficult to substantiate, but I'd wait until more follow up stuff before we judge stuff based on the flash alone...Hussie's flashes, while awesome, tend to be a bit confusing, too.

I'd also like to say that, artwise, this is the best flash Hussie's ever made. The art is amazing.
Aside from the ears, I'm saying that Jade must have Bec-Tier powers to do everything she just did. If she is simply God Tier, then not all Gods are created equal since nothing John has done is remotely close to moving, shrinking and juggling several planets while also moving about a massive spacecraft.

Not to mention summoning a 4th Wall and smashing into it!

EDIT: Recap courtesy of Icewalker

Welllll...

Jade dies. Bec Noir takes her to her quest bed. Normally it wouldn't work because she doesn't have a living dreamself, but, she prototyped herself into the sprite. So, she ascended as a god into the spirit corpse version of herself (this can't end all well for one's psyche!)

The entire everything forever was a huge plot from Scratch. Rose and Dave never could have blown up the Green Sun. They just CREATED IT.

I'm a bit fuzzy on a lot of other details. Both the humans' and the trolls' universes are collapsing, so Jade escaped through a hole she broke in the fourth wall, rather than escaping into the trolls' universe as originally planned.

Bec Noir jumped to ruined Earth, slaughtered the wanderers, and then used their devices to teleport himself into the trolls' universe, as we've heard the story of in the past, and ruined their session and began destroying everything. However, the last wanderer, still alive, picked up the ring, so we've got a Bec Mendicant who looks like he's hunting Bec Noir down for vengeance.

Gez
2011-10-25, 10:16 AM
Poor White King. He never got to really be a character.