PDA

View Full Version : [d&d 3.5] Anyone want to crash a party? (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Eric Scott
2012-03-10, 02:34 PM
Please feel free to describe your character...

blade artist
2012-03-12, 07:19 PM
My guy "woke" up after years of wear and tear being repaired by the circlet. He doesn't know much about his past since his consciousness was sealed away for so many years. He does remember psionics and has a deep seated, yet natural feeling, hatred toward giants.

(he doesn't remember it, but he was pumelled by a whole collection of giants at once, and that's also how long it took him to recover from it)

Doomboy911
2012-03-13, 08:52 PM
My character likes to dress in poorly managed robes while staying bundled up. He carries with him two donkeys that he ties a hammock between so he can take his naps. When he's needed he simply needs to be woken up and told to start the show.

Eric Scott
2012-03-14, 08:48 AM
Let's start by getting all of you into a group and conversing. You are standing on a craggy mountain road, when it begins to rain rather heavily... you can see a town approximately a mile and a half ahead of you, it has a forrested area to the west of it and a river running along the south side, from the looks of it, from this distance the town appears to be a farming settlement. The rain falls even more heavily now, thunder clapping loudly and lightning striking a lone tree not 30 feet from where you are standing... there is a cave off to the left of the road. What would you like to do?

blade artist
2012-03-14, 02:02 PM
Hmmmm... I don't care too much. Oy, where do you wanna go, Magic Guy?

Doomboy911
2012-03-14, 10:08 PM
As water drips on Jack he arises from his hammock falling flat on his face and begins cursing the sky in all languages. "Dwarves cave bigger." he orders his small army of Dwarfs. Than rises up from the ground cracking every bone in his body as he does. He builds up a ball of power and uses control weather to try and make it rain even harder. Cackles a bit than climbs into his hammock. Than the donkeys carry him to the cave.

Fates
2012-03-15, 12:12 AM
A drow in a blood-red robe stands proudly, what appears to be a succubus demon standing close by, looking towards the ground.
I'm sorry, did you just make it rain more? I highly suggest that you reconsider that particular course of action.

Cast Suggestion on the estranged theurge. (DC 29 Will)

Control the weather again so as to make the weather free of precipitation, and with no other conditions that I would find annoying or harmful.

Doomboy911
2012-03-15, 09:09 AM
"I'm trying to get this storm over with by speeding it up. Did you actually plan on staying out in the rain. Jack says popping his head up.

Eric Scott
2012-03-15, 02:32 PM
A group of commoners comes walking along the road away from the city that you saw...

blade artist
2012-03-15, 04:11 PM
Should we torment them? Loot them for money? Have them over for dinner? I would really go for the looting.

Eric Scott
2012-03-15, 04:38 PM
One of the commoners says out of breath Oh good... we've found some capable looking people. He continues saying A creature that looked like a man and a wolf the next came through and attacked the town back there He points to the town The towns called Atilersberg, please... Can you help us?

King-Strawberry
2012-03-15, 04:53 PM
Jace finally looks up from where he had been standing deep in thought. He addresses the villagers, "I guess anything's more amusing than standing around here.... What shape is the town in? I'm Jace Martell, at your service."

Eric Scott
2012-03-15, 05:15 PM
Well... the towns in not to bad of shape but, we're abandoning it... we might come back to it later if those damned monsters would leave it alone.

King-Strawberry
2012-03-15, 05:29 PM
"Monsters.... plural?"

Fates
2012-03-15, 08:11 PM
Looking bored, Hallok nods. You're lucky that I happen to be in a generous mood. If they're powerful enough, perhaps I could use them for my own purposes. Sneering, he turns to the succubus beside him. And end that damn storm, wench!

Hallok's cohort begins casting Control Weather to clear the rain.

Eric Scott
2012-03-15, 08:32 PM
Yes, several monsters... small ones, big ones, ones that sit on rocks... many of them far more powerful than us. The commoner than moves off to the side of the road and attempts to usher you towards the town. Go quick, before everything is ruined. he says, In fact, if you can clear the town of monsters... you can have it. Many more commoners wander past dragging many of their belongings behind them.

blade artist
2012-03-15, 08:46 PM
Alright! Lets get some heads crackin'!

Doomboy911
2012-03-15, 09:13 PM
Jack hops out of bed immediately and whistles for the dwarves to stop digging. "By my honor I shall clear that town of every monster. I say we send one of us out as bait to lure them to us than strike. I nominate myself for bait and accept such nomination."

Fates
2012-03-15, 09:17 PM
Hallok looks a bit annoyed at the theurge's request, but then nods. I'll make some preparations.

blade artist
2012-03-15, 09:25 PM
You sure? You're a bit scrauny, Magic. I, on the other hand, am hard to kill.

King-Strawberry
2012-03-15, 09:34 PM
Jace casts shield on himself, says,
If you guys ever make a decision, I'll be in town
He then casts Teleport on himself.
[roll]1d100]/roll] I can currently see the town correct? that would make it on target with a roll of 1-94.

King-Strawberry
2012-03-15, 09:38 PM
[roll0]
filler text

Eric Scott
2012-03-15, 09:48 PM
Yes... you can see the town. As you appear in the town you see a humanoid shaped wolf. It can smell you, so no surprise round. Roll for Initiative...

Wolfman: [roll0]

Doomboy911
2012-03-15, 09:59 PM
"Scrawny as I may be I've got more than enough oomph to kill a few buggers. Dwarves stay out of town and keep yourselves safe." Jack than teleports along.
[roll0]

King-Strawberry
2012-03-15, 10:30 PM
[roll0] on my turn I use Tasha's Hideous Laughter (DC 33 will)

Fates
2012-03-15, 11:59 PM
Sighing, Hallok teleports as well, bringing his cohort and anyone else who wishes to come along with him.

[roll0]

blade artist
2012-03-16, 06:07 AM
Well, if you're adammant on going, could you teleport me there, too? Or do I have to run all the way?

manifests force screen for 25 pp
>+10 shield bonus to AC

Eric Scott
2012-03-16, 08:11 AM
The Wolfman lunges at Jace with it's colossal brilliant energy scythe.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

King-Strawberry
2012-03-16, 12:23 PM
Jace neatly sidesteps with a grin. "I hope you find this amusing...." Proceeds to cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter. (DC 33 Will).

Eric Scott
2012-03-16, 01:18 PM
Well... the wolfman succumbs to the spell... next?

King-Strawberry
2012-03-16, 01:49 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/hideousLaughter.htm
link to the spell from srd, 21 rounds of rolling around on the ground laughing uncontrollably... :smallamused:

Eric Scott
2012-03-16, 02:33 PM
I know... I usually play mages... I prefer using grease and web to disable an opponent.

Fates
2012-03-16, 03:36 PM
Upon arriving (as I said, taking whoever wished to come with him), Hallok turns to the wolfman in disgust, observing Jace's work. Might I offer a somewhat more permanent solution? Rising into the sky, he shrieks a powerful incantation, pointing his finger toward the beast, and a thick ray of green energy pounds against the creature; he then jabs toward the wolfman with his second finger, and a thinner ray sprouts from it.

Fates
2012-03-16, 03:39 PM
Casting Maximized Disintegrate followed by a Quickened disintegrate.
Using Seal fate on the beast, increasing the DC of the maximized one by 10.
DCs are 44 for the first, 35 for the second.
Roll for second disintegrate:
[roll0]

Touch attacks:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Eric Scott
2012-03-16, 03:51 PM
The wolfman glows an intense white... and then the light slowly spreads out from it, then the light just stops leaving behind an outline of the beast on the ground. Every one gets adequate XP to go up 2 lvls...

The giants are on their way to the town... when they arrive I will post the link to the page.

In the mean time is there anything you want to do in the town?

Doomboy911
2012-03-16, 06:26 PM
"My oh my that was hardly worth getting out of bed. I do hope there are more creatures for me to waste. I say we bring the followers we have and make a decent base of operations. Shall I go put up some large walls."

blade artist
2012-03-16, 07:41 PM
The heck, was I even needed? Was that even necessary? I think I'll go look for some magic or psionic stuff that they might have left behind. But first, cursed item containment! Or trap.

Doomboy911
2012-03-16, 10:28 PM
"Well there are more monsters for us to kill so we should spread out and clear this town." Jack than heads out a random alley looking as feeble as possible

Bluff check [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-03-16, 10:46 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Doomboy911
2012-03-16, 10:51 PM
"Well there are more monsters for us to kill so we should spread out and clear this town." Jack than heads out a random alley looking as feeble as possible

Bluff check [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-03-16, 11:36 PM
Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Unless you critically fail... everyone can see the monster (another wolfman).

Fates
2012-03-17, 12:00 AM
Here, this might help.
Cast Mass Fly on the group, lasting for 22 minutes.

King-Strawberry
2012-03-17, 12:24 AM
Jace flys up 200ft, and he is clearly visible with his armor glowing with daylight. Anything in town should be able to see him.

Eric Scott
2012-03-17, 12:27 AM
Yes... and it can.

blade artist
2012-03-17, 06:49 AM
Knick manifests the touchsight he just learned, basically blind sight out to 30 ft. (I think) He then goes after any unexplained presence in this area.

Edit: It's 60ft.

Eric Scott
2012-03-17, 07:13 AM
You can "see" a humanoid moving slowly away from where you all are standing... and at least one large monsterous humanoid that appears to be just standing around.

Doomboy911
2012-03-17, 08:55 AM
Jack uses true seeing on himself to try and spot some monsters.

Eric Scott
2012-03-17, 10:09 AM
You see a wolfman slowly backing away from all of you... and a motley crew of giants, trolls, and... a kobold? Yes... a kobold... all of them lumbering towards the center of town to see what to commotion is.

Eric Scott
2012-03-17, 10:18 AM
The giants try to converse with you...

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235737&page=3

Feel free to continue this encounter on this thrashes...

Doomboy911
2012-03-17, 10:19 AM
Jack casts tongues and returns to the pile of wolfman ashes. Than prepares for a true ressurection. (Because we did just teleport in here and killed the first guy we saw. If it comes back to bite us in the butt you're all a fair distance away from me when I blow him sky high.)

Doomboy911
2012-03-17, 09:41 PM
Jack will teleport back to his dwarven army [roll0]
Than pulls out about three mice and begins casting dominate on them all.

Doomboy911
2012-03-18, 11:49 AM
Jack casts maximized time stop on himself to gather some more time and pops into town (god I'm going to get whiplash if I keep this up) than casts polymorph any object on two of his now dominated mice (unless they managed to make the save.) Turning one into a Xixecal (epic players handbook) and another into the Tarrasque. "Little mice run amok on those giants" and before he runs out of time he floats up about 60 feet and uses major image to darken the sky and make himself look like a large floating hooded head with red eyes. "Tarrasque when I say now roar as loud as you can." As time stop ends Jack snaps his fingers ordering the tarrasque to let it rip.

King-Strawberry
2012-03-18, 12:14 PM
That's definitely a cool strategy. I'll have to use that in one of my games. :smallamused:

Doomboy911
2012-03-18, 12:37 PM
Thank you. I figured we needed to just shove them off for a bit and than get some permanent enhancements for us like a group telepathic bond permanent tongues and maybe form a plan of how to weaken these guys.

Fates
2012-03-18, 02:49 PM
Assuming that Hallok's teleportation is successful, he returns to their encampment, and begins plotting his revenge.

Doomboy911
2012-03-18, 05:32 PM
After making his little entry jack keeps the image up while floating to the ground than moseying into town while trying to not get spotted.

Doomboy911
2012-03-19, 08:45 PM
After spotting Jace and Tinhead Jack uses message "Jace Tinhead follow me to the river I need to whip up a baptism."

King-Strawberry
2012-03-19, 11:56 PM
OoC
I'm gonna screw around with them for a bit, how much time do you need?

Fates
2012-03-20, 12:29 AM
HD for next two levels:
[roll0]

Doomboy911
2012-03-20, 02:01 PM
Jack casts Shapechange and changes into an Asherati from Sandstorms than burrows into the ground. (true see through that sucker)

Doomboy911
2012-03-20, 05:36 PM
Jack uses message to Jace "What are they doing? I can't see."

King-Strawberry
2012-03-20, 05:54 PM
The big one calling itself "The Stone" went invisible, the rest are standing around in a circle, I think I'm gonna have a little fun.

I thought the tarrasque and rock thing were real, not images?

Doomboy911
2012-03-20, 06:13 PM
They are real but because he's so tall he can't see the two mice on the ground.

Doomboy911
2012-03-20, 07:57 PM
Jack now comfortably underground will cast greater scrying to try and find the guy who was kind enough to shout his name. So where is he Eric?

Fates
2012-03-20, 10:05 PM
Retreat does not mean defeat, and Hallok knows this better than most.
Chanting an incantation in a deep voice, the drow moves his hands in a circular cycle, and slowly, a rift opens in the air before him. From it climbs a monster fearsome beyond words- twenty feet tall, with too many heads and arms to count. Truly, this must be the most fearsome beast imaginable.

The drow points toward the behemoth, and cries more words of power. The beast is enveloped in green light, before fading from view.

Casting Gate to summon a Hectatonchaeres (or however it's spelled). Due to my CL of 26, and my five levels is Cosmic Descryer, I am capable of controlling it, as the maximum HD for a single controlled creature from my spell totals at 60, and the monster only has 52.

Hallok orders the creature to destroy the giants and the kobold, and then casts Greater Teleport to teleport the abomination to them, using his Mastery of Shaping ability to exclude himself from the effect. He also casts Ventriloquism to project his voice over the area. I expect you won't find this quite so easily defeatable.

Hallok then casts Plane Shift, teleporting himself and his cohort to the Negative Energy Plane. His cohort casts Death Ward on herself, but Hallok is immune to the effects of the plane due to the ability granted by his Cosmic Descryer levels (his other plane of choice was the positive energy plane).

Once there, Hallok begins casting his epic spell, Grim Assembly, while his cohort readies a Mass Death Ward spell, to be cast the moment the Rakshasa arrive.

Eric Scott
2012-03-20, 10:41 PM
Jack now comfortably underground will cast greater scrying to try and find the guy who was kind enough to shout his name. So where is he Eric?

Which one?

Doomboy911
2012-03-20, 11:17 PM
The gebroni known as stone.

Eric Scott
2012-03-21, 07:27 AM
The gebroni known as stone.

He is currently on the surface as far as I'm aware...

Doomboy911
2012-03-21, 11:03 AM
"By god I need to stop trying to cast astral projection and project image at the same time." Jack brushes himself off and pushes some magic into the fire to make it a little warmer. Jace, Hallok wake up I've had the most awful dream ever and I'm in need of a hug."

King-Strawberry
2012-03-21, 12:55 PM
I had a weird one as well, one of those ones when you tried to do something but your body wouldn't respond.

Doomboy911
2012-03-21, 03:08 PM
"Ah mine felt like a vision of what's to come. I felt unprepared." Jack spits the last word out like it was vinegar on his tongue. He moves behind his two mules and blows a whistle for the dwarves to awaken "Fetch me my P scrolls and my T scrolls." he barks out to his dwarves and in a matter of minutes they pull out two large sacks filled with scrolls. "One of the problems was that we couldn't get in touch that's why I've got us a scroll of telepathic bond, tongues, permanency and polymorph any object. The other problem was that I was getting too old. Now is the time for me to share my secret with you."

blade artist
2012-03-22, 06:04 AM
I had dream. The warforged wonders meakly.

Eric Scott
2012-03-22, 08:30 AM
((OoC: You've made the giants quite paranoid.))

Doomboy911
2012-03-22, 08:42 AM
"I thought you were on watch?"

blade artist
2012-03-22, 02:36 PM
More important, I had a dream. DON'T YOU FORGET THAT I DON'T SLEEP?! Knick Knack shouts insanely at the Magic Guy (Yes I named doomboy's guy that). And then he sits down and starts raving... He will make no sense at all, so don't ask.

Fates
2012-03-22, 03:42 PM
Hallok awakes from his trance. That is odd- I have killed many giants in my lifetime, but I do not remember an encounter anything like that; normally, my visions are based completely on reality.
The sorcerer shakes his head.
Regardless, we should continue.

Doomboy911
2012-03-22, 04:55 PM
"Yes as I was saying I find myself weakened by my old age and I need a powerful caster to use polymorph any object to bring me back to my former self." He provides a list of how tall he was, how strong everything right down to the length of his intestines. "The trick works in that I'm so similar to who I was that I become that way permanently. Which is what makes me older than our Drow friend. After that we should bind ourselves telepathically along with allowing us to speak any language, comprehend them all and get arcane sight forever. This way we can become more powerful. Afterwards we should find a city and take it over." He snaps up an illusion of his dreams. "Did anyone else dream this way?"

Fates
2012-03-22, 06:41 PM
Hallok shrugs. I'm all for city-conquering.

blade artist
2012-03-22, 07:42 PM
OOOOO! Could I keep the previous residents as slaves?

Doomboy911
2012-03-22, 09:00 PM
"Well I like my slaves when they don't know their slaves. I figured we could hit the town and split up Hallok can head to the largest thieves guild and dominate him Jace can go to the mage's schools, I'll take down the lord of the realm and Knick can cover the head of the guards. Before I'm in any condition to take down a city I need one of you two to cast polymorph any object to make me young again. I have a list of what I used to be so just fire when ready."

Jack uses knowledge local to try and remember where the closest city was. [roll0]

Fates
2012-03-22, 09:38 PM
Hallok nods, and without a word casts Polymorph Any Object to make Jack young again.

Doomboy911
2012-03-22, 10:26 PM
"Ahahahaha by thunder that makes a man feel alive again." He tears the cloak off his back. He has a set of chainmail painted black with stars on it. He flexes a bit cracking his back. "Now boys we'll make way for the nearest city and in the meantime we'll get to buffing ourselves up and building one big army. I've been dreaming up a combination to give me some real Tarrasques to control."

Eric Scott
2012-03-24, 01:21 AM
Jack uses knowledge local to try and remember where the closest city was. [roll0]

You remember that the nearest city is 80 miles north...

Doomboy911
2012-03-24, 01:23 PM
"Gentleman I recall being told of a city 80 miles north and we can't teleport a whole army, can we? Head that way and gather men but none that have a family. I'll return in some time to make them into giants and we shall lay siege to the city."

Knowledge local to try and remember where the nearest ocean is. [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-03-24, 03:54 PM
"Gentleman I recall being told of a city 80 miles north and we can't teleport a whole army, can we? Head that way and gather men but none that have a family. I'll return in some time to make them into giants and we shall lay siege to the city."

Knowledge local to try and remember where the nearest ocean is. [roll0]

That... roll... I don't even...

As far as you are aware of, the nearest ocean is up...

Doomboy911
2012-03-24, 04:04 PM
Jack fetches a map from his pack to check again. [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-03-24, 04:41 PM
Jack fetches a map from his pack to check again. [roll0]

With the map you are able to tell that the nearest ocean is to the south of where you are currently.

Doomboy911
2012-03-24, 07:11 PM
"Boys I'll be back in a few days I have some work to do. My dwarven people listen to them within reason." Jack picks up his folding boat, and some gear. He pulls up his map and greater teleports to the middle of the ocean. "Oh god there's seaweed in my everything." He activates the folding boat to get it to be as big as possible and climbs in. Than he prepares.

blade artist
2012-03-24, 10:12 PM
March, cretins, march! We have a while to get to that town, so we better get moving troops! Knick Knack yells at the dwarven militia. He can't stand how organic beings sleep or eat. So, he simply lets out his frustration onto lowly soldiers.

Doomboy911
2012-03-24, 11:13 PM
Can we just pretend I remembered to cast telepathic bond, tongues and than made it permanent? Also Great Shogun Eric I need a bit of leeway with one spell. I'm going to be casting an epic spell that will take about two months to finish casting and if I could use a metamagic rod on it I could cut that down to a day.

Eric Scott
2012-03-25, 09:14 AM
Can we just pretend I remembered to cast telepathic bond, tongues and than made it permanent? Also Great Shogun Eric I need a bit of leeway with one spell. I'm going to be casting an epic spell that will take about two months to finish casting and if I could use a metamagic rod on it I could cut that down to a day.

Yeah, that all sounds reasonable.

Fates
2012-03-25, 11:29 AM
Upon hearing Jack's suggestion of turning dwarves to giants, Hallok's face burns with a mixture of trepidation and hatred. I see no reason to turn them into something so distasteful as that.

Hallok drops the subject, however, and sets to work building an invading force of his own, this one comprised of genuinely summoned creatures.

I suppose that I should find some sort of mount first.

Chanting the proper words of power in a deep voice, Hallok reaches out with his hands, and from them emerges a great, fiery rift. A creature large beyond imagining emerges from the rift, a red dragon, with teeth the size of greatswords, glowing yellow eyes, and mouth brimming with fire. The beast screams. Who dares to summon the mighty Raalzak?! Your death will be swift, puny drow.
Hallok curses, obviously having expected to be able to control the creature through the spell. Looking the titanic beast in the eyes, he shouts another incantation, as his eyes glow scarlet, the glow streaking towards the creature.

Casting Gate to summon an Advanced Red Dragon (found in the ELH), then Casting Monstrous Thrall on the dragon to bind it to his will, using Seal fate and Spin Fate to increase the DC to a total of 51.

Will save for the dragon (Needs 9 or higher)
[roll0]
If that one succeeded, using Fickle Finger of Fate to force a reroll
[roll1]

Doomboy911
2012-03-25, 12:01 PM
Jack thinks to the crew "My dear friend Hallok I wouldn't dare turn my dwarves into something to kill. Also I have to ask you a question." Jack tosses off some of his magic gear to reduce the amount of magic he's using. Out from his bag rolls some candles that place themselves and light up. The chalk begins to draw circles along the ground. Cracking his knuckles to loosen up his magical juices he gets ready to cast.

Fates
2012-03-25, 12:04 PM
The spell succeeds, and the dragon bows its enormous head. Your bidding, sir? Hallok smiles proudly, and says, We have work to do.

By the way, I'm altering the example dragon slightly. I'm switching Symbol (The list simply lists the one word, making this spell useless) with Create Greater Undead, and Wish with Gate.

Hallok also casts his epic spells, Grim Assembly and Mantle of Ultima, using his Rod of Excellent Magic to negate the exp cost, and using one of his 50,000 GP rubies. His cohort casts Heal on him twice to negate the damage from the spells.

Hallok has his new dragon compadre summon a primal elemental of each element via the Gate spell, and Hallok casts True Domination on each to bind them to his will.

Saves for the elementals (needs at least 15)
Water: [roll0]
Air: [roll1]
Fire: [roll2]
Earth: [roll3]

Turning to Jack, Hallok says, Do you have any dwarves I could borrow? Dead ones would be best, but I'll accept them in any condition, really.

Fates
2012-03-25, 12:09 PM
Jack thinks to the crew "My dear friend Hallok I wouldn't dare turn my dwarves into something to kill. Also I have to ask you a question." Jack tosses off some of his magic gear to reduce the amount of magic he's using. Out from his bag rolls some candles that place themselves and light up. The chalk begins to draw circles along the ground. Cracking his knuckles to loosen up his magical juices he gets ready to cast.

And what question would that be, dear fellow?
Hallok approaches Jack. Suddenly, he notices that the air elemental was being disobedient, and so turns to it, glaring angrily and reasserting his control.

Using Fickle Finger of Fate to force the primal air elemental to reroll.
[roll0]

Doomboy911
2012-03-25, 12:16 PM
(Remember I'm a couple thousand miles away out in the ocean on a boat covered in seaweed while preparing an epic spell. Man I get around .)

"Yes you have a hatred of giants but what about humans made really big like collosal size."

Fates
2012-03-25, 12:38 PM
Hallok ponders for a moment. Size itself has nothing to do with it, I suppose. I despise giants because of the way they think, and the things they believe.

Doomboy911
2012-03-25, 01:37 PM
"So if we turn some people into giants preferably bad people they don't think or believe what other giants think they're still people.Also we'd get some practice killing some giants." Jack reaches into his bag o' tricks for his Rod of rapid spell. Than focuses on the sea, envisioning the ground beneath it all, the fish, the coral, the kelp all of it. "Little fishies you may want to move." He fires a suggestion down for them to swim away.

Eric Scott
2012-03-25, 08:49 PM
The fish swim away... and a soarwhale flies over head...

Doomboy911
2012-03-25, 09:29 PM
Jack looks at the whale wanting it really badly but remembering he has a task at hand. He takes deep breaths and focuses than roars out "Raise Island" spellcraft dc is 31.

Doomboy911
2012-03-25, 09:33 PM
[roll0] That might do it.

Eric Scott
2012-03-26, 06:44 AM
Well then... land rises up from the ocean with such force and speed that a small tsunami is formed, also, you are thrown 50ft from your boat.

Doomboy911
2012-03-26, 07:15 AM
"Ah crap and I just got the seaweed out of me." he coughes as he surfaces and makes for the boat. Jack has an irrational fear of open water.

Eric Scott
2012-03-26, 02:12 PM
"Ah crap and I just got the seaweed out of me." he coughes as he surfaces and makes for the boat. Jack has an irrational fear of open water.

Irrational... not in my game! 4 Dire Sharks circle around you.

Fates
2012-03-26, 03:46 PM
Sighing, Hallok orders his primal water elemental to save Jack, and then casts Mass fly on himself, his earth and fire elementals, and anyone else around him who cannot fly, rising into the air to avoid the massive wave.

blade artist
2012-03-26, 03:57 PM
Pssst! We're not near the shoreline. Knack wispers in Hallok's ear.

Fates
2012-03-26, 04:15 PM
Hallok wakes from his delusion, and seeing that he had cast said spell, casts Ray of Frost on himself.

Eric Scott
2012-03-26, 06:44 PM
A small wave crashes at your feet... you are now damp from the ankles down.

Doomboy911
2012-03-26, 07:30 PM
Jack stops seeing the sharks floating around him. Breathing heavily and beginning to panic. "Heh you boys are messing with the biggest fish in this pool." he casts shapechange "He'e, muhe'e" he whispers as his eye bulge out of his head, his fingers stretch out growing cups on them as they grow bigger, clothing melds with his body as his mouth slides along his body, the teeth turn black and squish together.

Eric Scott
2012-03-26, 07:33 PM
Jack stops seeing the sharks floating around him. Breathing heavily and beginning to panic. "Heh you boys are messing with the biggest fish in this pool." he casts shapechange "He'e, muhe'e" he whispers as his eye bulge out of his head, his fingers stretch out growing cups on them as they grow bigger, clothing melds with his body as his mouth slides along his body, the teeth turn black and squish together.

The sharks seem unaffected by the change in their prey at first... they then dive as fast as they possibly can. Spot and listen check, please.

Doomboy911
2012-03-26, 08:03 PM
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

Jack continues to swim for the boat.

Eric Scott
2012-03-26, 08:40 PM
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

Jack continues to swim for the boat.

It's a good idea to continue swimming to the boat... because a colossal Green Dragon dives in and grabs all 4 sharks and proceeds to fly away...

Doomboy911
2012-03-26, 09:06 PM
Jack uses his new ability Jet to fwoosh out of the water over the boat than shift back into a human and lands. "Hmm a green this far out at sea. Weird considering they prefer forests.". He climbs to the top of his mast "May I ask my draconic amigo what thou art doing here."

(Ah tis a fine day when one gets to say thou and amigo in the same sentence.)

Eric Scott
2012-03-26, 09:13 PM
Hunting... for food and treasure. Why? Are you on the menu?

Doomboy911
2012-03-26, 09:43 PM
"Nay I'm far to gammy to eat and brittle little bones that just tear up an intestine but I do know where you can get oodles of treasure. You see my compatriots and I run into giant folk far too often and we've discovered that they carry their whole hoards on their backs. If you came with me I'd give you the gold I earn 70-30 you of course would get the 70. Sounds fair right?"

Eric Scott
2012-03-26, 09:52 PM
Hmm... and what of the corpses? Will you be wanting them?

Doomboy911
2012-03-26, 10:10 PM
"Perhaps I could use one to bring to undeath for some little tricks but if we can't find a use for them I'll gladly give them to you. Also I'll have you know that I am a expert chef and my pan-fried giant has been known to make some pass out, a little bit of lemon, slow cook it with lima beans and rice. Downright delicious." He leans back in the crow's nest checking his fingernails for debris. "Also I have two deals for you. First I recently made an island that I would be more than happy to share with you. I could have a lair be dug up for you, lay traps throughout it and you can hide all your gold there. I also plan on moving my few societies that I've accumulated there where they will build a community. They'll be producing livestock that you can take your share of but you have to protect them that's the one condition of that deal. The second deal is that you be my best friend and I'll be your best friend."

Eric Scott
2012-03-27, 07:39 AM
"Perhaps I could use one to bring to undeath for some little tricks but if we can't find a use for them I'll gladly give them to you. Also I'll have you know that I am a expert chef and my pan-fried giant has been known to make some pass out, a little bit of lemon, slow cook it with lima beans and rice. Downright delicious." He leans back in the crow's nest checking his fingernails for debris. "Also I have two deals for you. First I recently made an island that I would be more than happy to share with you. I could have a lair be dug up for you, lay traps throughout it and you can hide all your gold there. I also plan on moving my few societies that I've accumulated there where they will build a community. They'll be producing livestock that you can take your share of but you have to protect them that's the one condition of that deal. The second deal is that you be my best friend and I'll be your best friend."

[B]Free food, treasure, and lair... that seems... fair for a mighty dragon such as my self... as for the community, can I attack them on occasion? So they don't get any ideas...

Doomboy911
2012-03-27, 08:58 AM
"I suppose you can terrorize them a little just to keep them strong. If anyone were to come and take over the island they'd have to deal with the likes of you and my community. "

Eric Scott
2012-03-27, 02:14 PM
Well... I suppose I can work with you. The dragon polymorphs to look like an elf and lands in your boat. Anything you need help with currently?

Doomboy911
2012-03-27, 11:14 PM
"Well not much really I'm returning to my party soon and when we run into things the more help the merrier. But in the wee hours when little is being done we'll be working on the island along with building a small town. Do you have a name?" Jack sends a mental message to everyone "If anyone has anything that might infuriate a dragon be warned I am bringing a dragon."

Fates
2012-03-28, 12:23 AM
Hallok pauses for a moment. A dragon? How powerful is it? This fellow I've got seems hard to match, but having a new slave could never hurt. Hallok gestures to Raalzak, the red dragon which he summoned earlier then made his thrall, who stands furious and mighty, twice the size of a great wyrm.

Eric Scott
2012-03-28, 08:17 AM
"Well not much really I'm returning to my party soon and when we run into things the more help the merrier. But in the wee hours when little is being done we'll be working on the island along with building a small town. Do you have a name?" Jack sends a mental message to everyone "If anyone has anything that might infuriate a dragon be warned I am bringing a dragon."

Name's Reth.

Doomboy911
2012-03-28, 08:45 AM
"Welp I'm not gonna lie to you Hallok it's a pretty big dragon. Probably could sniff us all up in one breath. Try to make your dragon seem like he's having a fun time or is doing this willingly. Also you are not making Reth a thrall I made this one my friend that's how I handle things also if you keep dominating them they're bound to beat your willpower." He thinks at the party. "Reth a pleasure to meet you, I'm going to be heading to the island to set up a teleporting circle. Than I'm meeting up with the party. Feel free to join me."

Eric Scott
2012-03-28, 11:01 AM
Vary well then... magic is always fun.

Fates
2012-03-28, 03:43 PM
Hallok returns his own mental speech. Pah, the means through which I have dominated these monsters is nigh on unbreakable; at best, the beasts will be able to refuse single commands. However, if you wish me to leave your new friend alone, I suppose I will do so. He then proceeds to order Raalzak to fly about as he wishes, and look like he's having a good time of it, without hurting anyone in the process or going farther than half a mile from Hallok's location.

blade artist
2012-03-28, 06:44 PM
Oooooo! can I pet the new dragon?!

King-Strawberry
2012-03-28, 07:42 PM
To Hallok, "Even if it is a red.. I strongly disagree with your methods... A dragon isn't a mere plaything.. I understand we have need of some allies.. but wouldn't a demon have been just as effective? I'll let it slide this time.. But never try that on a blue.. I would take a great amount of offence."

Doomboy911
2012-03-28, 09:36 PM
Jack casts fly on himself than hops from the boat to his nearby island. Than he begins to spread seeds around. Bamboo along the coast along with sugar cane, fruit seeds such as oranges, apples, truffula trees a little further in." I've come to know that green dragons have the power to speed up the growth of plants, the people will be coming soon if you could speed them up that would be very helpful."

Eric Scott
2012-03-28, 10:03 PM
Jack casts fly on himself than hops from the boat to his nearby island. Than he begins to spread seeds around. Bamboo along the coast along with sugar cane, fruit seeds such as oranges, apples, truffula trees a little further in." I've come to know that green dragons have the power to speed up the growth of plants, the people will be coming soon if you could speed them up that would be very helpful."

Anything for a friend. The Dragon inhales deeply and then exhales a large cloud of fog. Once this fog dissipates the plants here will all be mature.

Doomboy911
2012-03-28, 10:23 PM
"Vunderful vunderful. Are you ready to meet my friends I have to warn you they're a tad extreme."

Fates
2012-03-28, 11:49 PM
Though he obviously doesn't hear Jack's statement, Hallok begins ordering his primal fire elemental to fight the water one, and his air to fight earth for his own enjoyment, while flying high into the air like a beacon of pure evil, wrapped in black flames and cackling madly, almost as if in confirmation of Jack's warning.

Eric Scott
2012-03-29, 06:49 AM
"Vunderful vunderful. Are you ready to meet my friends I have to warn you they're a tad extreme."

Extreme? They sound like fun! What are you waiting for?

Doomboy911
2012-03-29, 09:42 AM
"As you wish." he casts greater teleport on himself and the dragon to get back to the little camp. Seeing the elemental fight going off he smiles. "Oh good we didn't miss the 12 o clock show."

Eric Scott
2012-03-29, 12:15 PM
Well... you didn't need to throw me a party...

Doomboy911
2012-03-29, 01:33 PM
"Gentleman meet Reth, Reth meet the madmen that associate with me." Jack casts teleporting circle on the ground thinking of his island which he has named the island of the old. "My people proceed to this circle where we shall build our new home. Men I've calculated how fast we can move without teleporting it'll take us about six days on foot to reach the nearest city."

[roll0] knowledge local in hopes there is a nearer metropolis.

Eric Scott
2012-03-29, 02:02 PM
"Gentleman meet Reth, Reth meet the madmen that associate with me." Jack casts teleporting circle on the ground thinking of his island which he has named the island of the old. "My people proceed to this circle where we shall build our new home. Men I've calculated how fast we can move without teleporting it'll take us about six days on foot to reach the nearest city."

[roll0] knowledge local in hopes there is a nearer metropolis.

You think that there might be but, you aren't to sure... although, I would suggest making a listen check.

Doomboy911
2012-03-29, 02:51 PM
Jack grabs a map off one of the dwarves in line for the circle. [roll0] knowledge local

Eric Scott
2012-03-29, 03:38 PM
Jack grabs a map off one of the dwarves in line for the circle. [roll0] knowledge local

Not even going to make the listen check? :smallfrown: OK... based on your knowledge of your current position and the map you can tell that there is a large city less than a mile to the east. Easily within earshot.

Doomboy911
2012-03-29, 07:32 PM
(sorry I`m kind of in the middle of working on my character sheet so I have no clue what my listen check is)

Eric Scott
2012-03-29, 07:37 PM
(sorry I`m kind of in the middle of working on my character sheet so I have no clue what my listen check is)

Thats cool all it would have gotten you was the direction of some noise ie. The city.

Doomboy911
2012-03-29, 10:01 PM
"Gentlemen we make way for the nearest town. Along the way we must prepare ourselves to go incognito. Hallok if you could make our new dragon friend something more humany shape. By the way Reth Hallok has recently befriended a dragon who has decided to accompany us. Also Hallok and Jace do you have the power to make Knick Knack look less like Knick Knack?" As the dwarves form one approaches him "M'lord dost thou wish for us to awaken your cohort?" Jack scratches his chin for a moment. "Yes awaken hmm there are things to do."

(I'm thinking of switching to first person.)

Fates
2012-03-30, 01:08 AM
Hallok lowers himself to the ground, his Mantle of Ultima spell making him appear far more impressive than normal, and gazes at the Green Dragon admiringly. You're an impressive creature, aren't you? I trust you're enjoying the little brawl I've put together for my titanic thralls?

Eric Scott
2012-03-30, 09:34 AM
Hallok lowers himself to the ground, his Mantle of Ultima spell making him appear far more impressive than normal, and gazes at the Green Dragon admiringly. You're an impressive creature, aren't you? I trust you're enjoying the little brawl I've put together for my titanic thralls?

Yes, yes I am quite impressive but, I am much more impressive in combat. And those elementals... they look powerful but, not as powerful as weirds.

Eric Scott
2012-03-30, 09:36 AM
"Gentlemen we make way for the nearest town. Along the way we must prepare ourselves to go incognito. Hallok if you could make our new dragon friend something more humany shape. By the way Reth Hallok has recently befriended a dragon who has decided to accompany us. Also Hallok and Jace do you have the power to make Knick Knack look less like Knick Knack?" As the dwarves form one approaches him "M'lord dost thou wish for us to awaken your cohort?" Jack scratches his chin for a moment. "Yes awaken hmm there are things to do."

(I'm thinking of switching to first person.)

Please, feel free to use first person.

Doomboy911
2012-03-30, 12:20 PM
I ask everyone to come in so we can make a plan for the conquest of the city.
"Alright ladies and gentlemen here's the plan we're going to make our way into town disguising as not ourselves. Find some lost souls with no chance of survival and make them into a threat to the city. They'll be quite dangerous when out of the sky comes our two new draconic friends to assault them but not win. We're going to make them believe that there will be a threat an even greater one coming.

Than the dragons say they will provide a solution, that they will create heroes who can defend the city. Than we come in perhaps we can encase ourselves in statues of ourselves that will break away and that's when we come in.

What do you think?"

blade artist
2012-03-31, 11:46 AM
What do you mean in a statue? I am a statue, haven't you seen my rock hard pecs? says Knack as he starts frexing his nonexistant muscels. Oh, nice to meet you, Reth. The name's Knick Knack, I work for Magic Guy, Jack is his real name. he says this to Reth specificly with his head upside down on his body. (like rotating it 180)

Doomboy911
2012-04-01, 08:06 PM
I send a mental thought at Hallok. "Land the dragon I've got a spell that will remove all its memory and than we don't have to dominate it any more." Than I stop "Well that is my plan Reth would you be kind enough to carry us near the city after we throw some invisibility over us." Two of his Dwarven men carrying a stretcher approach him. The person on it looks like a corpse covered in knife wounds, burn marks, scars, some piercings, and an amulet. "This is Jules. He's got anger issues so I usually keep him asleep."

Eric Scott
2012-04-01, 08:30 PM
I send a mental thought at Hallok. "Land the dragon I've got a spell that will remove all its memory and than we don't have to dominate it any more." Than I stop "Well that is my plan Reth would you be kind enough to carry us near the city after we throw some invisibility over us." Two of his Dwarven men carrying a stretcher approach him. The person on it looks like a corpse covered in knife wounds, burn marks, scars, some piercings, and an amulet. "This is Jules. He's got anger issues so I usually keep him asleep."

Maybe lay waste to a couple buildings? Reth then sees the "corpse" May I inquire what happened to him?

Doomboy911
2012-04-01, 08:49 PM
" "We may not be able to lay waste to the city we're supposed to look like heroes not the bad guys. And as for my cohort he's been through the worst and than kept going, he has taken each and every blow with a smile on his face, and when he gets going he will never stop."

Eric Scott
2012-04-01, 09:20 PM
A slight smile plays across Reth's face and he says How do you know he would never stop? That would imply that he had started before and since he looks fairly stopped at the moment... your statement appears to be incorrect.

Doomboy911
2012-04-01, 09:32 PM
"Well he can be stopped he just has to be done with what he's doing but should what he's doing take awhile he won't quit."

Eric Scott
2012-04-01, 09:41 PM
Ah... very well then... When ever your all ready, I would be happy to drop you off near the city.

Doomboy911
2012-04-02, 05:43 PM
I cast mass invisibility on the crowd "Perhaps I should've let us get all grouped together before I made us all hard to see." I heffs my cohort over my shoulder ensuring that the amulet stays on. "Right well I'm over here let's make haste."

Eric Scott
2012-04-02, 06:09 PM
I cast mass invisibility on the crowd "Perhaps I should've let us get all grouped together before I made us all hard to see." I heffs my cohort over my shoulder ensuring that the amulet stays on. "Right well I'm over here let's make haste."

Oh, I know where you are... invisibility has no effect on my ability to perceive things. says Reth.

King-Strawberry
2012-04-02, 07:37 PM
In one of his characteristic dark moods Jace is going along with jacks plans without comment.

Doomboy911
2012-04-02, 08:37 PM
''Shush Jace if you keep up that racket the whole city will know where we are." I say giggling

blade artist
2012-04-03, 05:27 AM
Knack manifests touchsight, then starts tiptoeing silently behind him.

Doomboy911
2012-04-03, 10:07 AM
"Well Reth lets be on our way. Also does anyone else know the name of the town we're heading to?"

Knowledge local [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-04-03, 11:06 AM
"Well Reth lets be on our way. Also does anyone else know the name of the town we're heading to?"

Knowledge local [roll0]

Ah, yes we probably should get going.

LOL. You have no clue what the name of the city is...

The city is called Siltaria.

Doomboy911
2012-04-03, 12:24 PM
"Lads the world be changing to fast for folks like me every time I blink a city falls and a name gets changed. Dragon your wings are quite powerful perhaps we should fly along the city first and scan the area. Look for some sights eh?"

Eric Scott
2012-04-03, 02:04 PM
Everyone who can't see invisible things, make a reflex save (DC: 22).

As Reth takes off a massive gust of wind scatters dust and debris in all directions of where he was.

Doomboy911
2012-04-04, 03:43 PM
(Alright we're flying through the sky heading towards the city. [roll0] on the gather information [roll1] on the spot these will change as I'm workin' on my skills.)

Eric Scott
2012-04-04, 06:26 PM
(Alright we're flying through the sky heading towards the city. [roll0] on the gather information [roll1] on the spot these will change as I'm workin' on my skills.)

You can know that there are some powerful mages that live within the city... infavt you can see a Mage's Tower in the middle of the city.

King-Strawberry
2012-04-04, 06:26 PM
reflex
[roll0]

Doomboy911
2012-04-04, 07:58 PM
"Alright Jace Knick Knack that's probably the mage's college should we all head in and take it over or do you think you two can handle it on your own?"

Eric Scott
2012-04-04, 09:18 PM
reflex
[roll0]

You are aware there is no way you could have failed that, right? :smallamused:

Doomboy911
2012-04-05, 12:39 AM
I cast Mass fly on the party . "We are invading a mage's college which means we're not going up against some chump shaped like a champ, we're going for the real deal. I'm going to head down and create a big distraction you guys investigate the college and see if you can find out where the headmaster is." I slip out of the dragon's clutches and head to the ground making a motion like I'm walking down stairs.

blade artist
2012-04-05, 04:12 PM
What should I do when I get there, take over the city watch? Knack says while stroking his chin while noone can see him.

Doomboy911
2012-04-05, 06:34 PM
"Whatever you plan on doing do it quickly as once I'm far away enough the invisibility will end so get inside now before people notice the big friggin' dragons."

blade artist
2012-04-05, 08:30 PM
What? In the city?

Doomboy911
2012-04-05, 09:55 PM
"Yes the people in the city we're making way for the mage's college where I'm going to distract the students and hopefully some of the teachers with a little performance. I need you and the dragons to make your way through the school until you find the headmaster we'll drain him of power than we'll mess with his head until we have him wrapped around our finger. Have him proclaim one of us as the new leader of the school and than we'll move to take over the head of the guard, the mayor and the master of the thieves guild."

blade artist
2012-04-05, 10:04 PM
Aye! Aye! Knack says saluting even though he knows he's invisible and waits in the shadows (even though invisible) for his cue to rush towards the college

hide check for when not invisible
[roll0]

King-Strawberry
2012-04-06, 09:17 AM
You are aware there is no way you could have failed that, right? :smallamused:

habit, certain dms in my gaming group use 1s as an autofail

"I'm sure we can handle the mage tower ourselves jack, just keep them distracted"

Doomboy911
2012-04-06, 11:24 AM
"Alright but once you find the headmaster's room tell me so I can join in. If there's any chance to avoid bloodshed I'd rather take it. In fact if it's possible I'd rather we brainwash the leader over kill him. I have some spells prepared for such an occasion." I think at everyone.

(Does reth have them close to a tower?)

Eric Scott
2012-04-06, 12:22 PM
Reth is currently flying circles around the top of the tower...

Doomboy911
2012-04-06, 06:02 PM
As I descend I toss out a control weather to move a cloud over where the dragons are and one over the main floor of the college (can we get a decent description of this place?) After covering it with a decent fog I breathe out a mind fog and watch to see if anyone's affected along with dropping the mass invisibility while I hide in the cloud. [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-04-06, 06:32 PM
As I descend I toss out a control weather to move a cloud over where the dragons are and one over the main floor of the college (can we get a decent description of this place?) After covering it with a decent fog I breathe out a mind fog and watch to see if anyone's affected along with dropping the mass invisibility while I hide in the cloud. [roll0]

The tower is 200ft tall, each floor is approximately 10ft in height. A few people begin holding their heads and stumbling about... although, there are a few people that don't appear to be affected, to be specific there are 5 people that are unaffected.

Doomboy911
2012-04-06, 06:51 PM
I cast superior invisibility and toss a mass suggestion out "Everyone let go of your inhibitions and go do what you want." I let out giggling "Welp this is going to give you a ton of time to find the headmaster. I'm going to play around." I think at the crew.

Eric Scott
2012-04-06, 08:22 PM
I cast superior invisibility and toss a mass suggestion out "Everyone let go of your inhibitions and go do what you want." I let out giggling "Welp this is going to give you a ton of time to find the headmaster. I'm going to play around." I think at the crew.

Everyone in the area dissolves into a chaotic state... apparently, everyone dislikes the laws. The begin flowing into the streets around the tower, looting and destroying things left and right.

Doomboy911
2012-04-06, 08:39 PM
(Is the tower just floating a little above the city I was picturing this thing as like floating a few miles up.) "Drat no one ever goes streaking."

blade artist
2012-04-06, 08:40 PM
I think its best to work from the top down, the headmaster is likely to be here at the top or about the middle. Of course he could have gone down to see what all the insanity is about. Knack thinks this loudly to his companions as he leaps from Reth to the balcony.

I guess that I'm jumping down, so I think I don't need a jump check, right?

Doomboy911
2012-04-06, 09:31 PM
I'll be watching the city's reaction measuring how quickly the guards head out and what they do.

Eric Scott
2012-04-06, 11:30 PM
(Is the tower just floating a little above the city I was picturing this thing as like floating a few miles up.) "Drat no one ever goes streaking."

The tower is currently sitting firmly on the ground...

I think its best to work from the top down, the headmaster is likely to be here at the top or about the middle. Of course he could have gone down to see what all the insanity is about. Knack thinks this loudly to his companions as he leaps from Reth to the balcony.

I guess that I'm jumping down, so I think I don't need a jump check, right?

No need for a jump check...

I'll be watching the city's reaction measuring how quickly the guards head out and what they do.

The guards react relatively quickly... although, none of them are equipped to swallow with rampaging mages... and are quickly killed.

Doomboy911
2012-04-07, 12:37 AM
"Ooh that's a bit too much. Better help that side out." I unleash a mass bull's strength on the remaining guards. Than proceed to cast invisibility on any innocent bystanders. "This chaos is dandy and everything but it's missing something. What could it be though." I sit down on the curb watching the mayhem rubbing my fingers. Than I snap my fingers "She needs music." I belt out otto's irresitible dance a major image to produce some violin music and than release some grease spells for giggles.

Doomboy911
2012-04-07, 05:39 PM
"Gentlemen things are slowly getting out of hand. Have you made any headway in finding the headmaster?" I animate a nearby building telling it to gobble up some people but not kill them. Than I go to the dead guards. "My apologies gentleman chaos is chaos and death is death." pressing my cane onto the chest of one and releasing a ressurection. Than another and another until they're back. Still invisible I say "Sorry about that boys and girls accidents happen." I give them a bit of a boost with mass enlarge person.

blade artist
2012-04-07, 07:36 PM
Knack rushes into the tower alone, hoping his companions wil soon follow him in search of the head master. He starts opening every door he sees, looking for people that aren't raving.

Eric Scott
2012-04-07, 11:30 PM
"Ooh that's a bit too much. Better help that side out." I unleash a mass bull's strength on the remaining guards. Than proceed to cast invisibility on any innocent bystanders. "This chaos is dandy and everything but it's missing something. What could it be though." I sit down on the curb watching the mayhem rubbing my fingers. Than I snap my fingers "She needs music." I belt out otto's irresitible dance a major image to produce some violin music and than release some grease spells for giggles.

"Gentlemen things are slowly getting out of hand. Have you made any headway in finding the headmaster?" I animate a nearby building telling it to gobble up some people but not kill them. Than I go to the dead guards. "My apologies gentleman chaos is chaos and death is death." pressing my cane onto the chest of one and releasing a ressurection. Than another and another until they're back. Still invisible I say "Sorry about that boys and girls accidents happen." I give them a bit of a boost with mass enlarge person.

The city guard is now fairly evenly matched against the mages... although, none of them are capable of standing for much more than a minuite.

Knack rushes into the tower alone, hoping his companions wil soon follow him in search of the head master. He starts opening every door he sees, looking for people that aren't raving.

The first room you open is a ladies change room... odd to find one on the top floor of a tower... the next door has a jungle behind it as dinosaurs run rampant... after opening many interesting doors of various randomnesses you find a locked door, it is made of Iron.

Fates
2012-04-09, 08:41 AM
Hallok begins by casting a persistent See Invisibility spell (which will last 24 hours); as he sees knack enter the tower, he quickly gives the mental commands for Raalzak and his primal elementals to strike the city, ordering them to avoid structural damage if the structures seem important, and specifically ordering them to avoid the mage's tower. He then casts Teleport to catch up with Knack, bringing Jace and Celeste with him, willingly or not. As he and his companions quietly advance through the tower, he turns to Celeste, and gives her the mental commands to cast Discern Location in order to find the headmaster.

Eric Scott
2012-04-09, 02:38 PM
You know that the headmaster is behind the large iron door... not directly behind it but, at least within the room on the other side.

Fates
2012-04-09, 10:55 PM
Too easy. thinks Hallok, as he brings into being a maximized Black Blade of Disaster, choosing to grasp it in his hand rather than control it mentally, so as to look even more imposing than he already did; with his overwhelming aura from his Mantle of Ultima still very apparent and the sword with a blade of pure void in his grasp, he is terrifying and awesome to behold.

Or that is certainly what Hallok thinks. He dismisses his invisibility effect, and uses his sword to disintegrate the door. Should he successfully destroy the door, he casts Time Stop. (Awaiting response)

Eric Scott
2012-04-11, 08:44 AM
Too easy. thinks Hallok, as he brings into being a maximized Black Blade of Disaster, choosing to grasp it in his hand rather than control it mentally, so as to look even more imposing than he already did; with his overwhelming aura from his Mantle of Ultima still very apparent and the sword with a blade of pure void in his grasp, he is terrifying and awesome to behold.

Or that is certainly what Hallok thinks. He dismisses his invisibility effect, and uses his sword to disintegrate the door. Should he successfully destroy the door, he casts Time Stop. (Awaiting response)

Sorry about the delay... also, the image I'm getting from that action is very similar to Star Wars... nonetheless, you cut through the door, its kind of slow going as the door is very thick (approximately 30ft thick). Once through, you see an elven woman looking out of a window... Thank Bahamut your here. She turns to look at you Oh... I thought you were someone else...

blade artist
2012-04-11, 06:13 PM
Uuuuh... So, who are you?

Eric Scott
2012-04-11, 06:49 PM
Uuuuh... So, who are you?

My name is Aurora. May I ask who you are and why you are in my room? She eyes you up and down and doesn't look impressed in the least.

Doomboy911
2012-04-11, 09:28 PM
"What's going on I haven't heard much from anyone and some odd elementals have appeared and they're hurting are new home." I think at everyone.

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 07:07 AM
"What's going on I haven't heard much from anyone and some odd elementals have appeared and they're hurting are new home." I think at everyone.

Are there? I don't remember that... but, I suppose there are... although, they aren't "odd", they're weird.

Fates
2012-04-12, 09:09 AM
Hallok growls. We have no time for this! Tell me in what room I would be most likely to find the headmaster of this tower at this time, and the directions to that room. Hallok says the latter bit to the elf woman, empowering it with a suggestion spell (Will DC 45)

Fates
2012-04-12, 09:17 AM
Hallok also speaks mentally to Jack. The elementals and the red dragon are mine, though I specifically told the elementals not to destroy any important buildings; I suppose they're too stupid to know what buildings are important. I'll change my orders, then. Hallok mentally orders the four elementals to only attack humanoids, and specifically excludes every member of the party, as well as Jack's dwarves.

Doomboy911
2012-04-12, 09:27 AM
(Oh don't worry about them they're miles away I made sure of that.) "Well gentleman the place seems sufficiently distracted mind if I head up and play along?"

Fates
2012-04-12, 10:37 AM
Of course. We're on our way to the headmaster now, though I doubt he'll be much of a match for us.

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 10:47 AM
Hallok growls. We have no time for this! Tell me in what room I would be most likely to find the headmaster of this tower at this time, and the directions to that room. Hallok says the latter bit to the elf woman, empowering it with a suggestion spell (Will DC 45)

I am the heamaster...

Fates
2012-04-12, 10:58 AM
Well, in that case.... Hallok casts Time Stop, using the time to cast Maximized Fire Shield, Fly, Spell Turning, Arcane Spellsurge, and Moment of Prescience. I challenge you to face me in a duel of mages!

Doomboy911
2012-04-12, 11:03 AM
I teleport to everyone while bowing. "And what a headmaster she is. Both lovely with grace and intelligence to boot. I kneel kissing her hand We my fine lady are mental masseuses. We rush through the head a bit and help people overcome mental blocks that others feel they're facing. You see the town has felt that something is bothering you and have asked us to assist. It's completely complimentary the kind people have paid us in advance." [roll0] for the bluffing.

"Whip out some candles and any oil you all might have I've got a plan." I think at everyone.

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 11:11 AM
Well, in that case.... Hallok casts Time Stop, using the time to cast Maximized Fire Shield, Fly, Spell Turning, Arcane Spellsurge, and Moment of Prescience. I challenge you to face me in a duel of mages!

A duel... that sounds like fun.

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 11:16 AM
I teleport to everyone while bowing. "And what a headmaster she is. Both lovely with grace and intelligence to boot. I kneel kissing her hand We my fine lady are mental masseuses. We rush through the head a bit and help people overcome mental blocks that others feel they're facing. You see the town has felt that something is bothering you and have asked us to assist. It's completely complimentary the kind people have paid us in advance." [roll0] for the bluffing.

"Whip out some candles and any oil you all might have I've got a plan." I think at everyone.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

It is terrible that they feel that way... you can do your duties after this little duel. If you are willing I'll transport us to a... move suitable area for combat.

Fates
2012-04-12, 11:41 AM
Sorry, didn't see the previous post. Hallok accepts, and does this once the duel actually starts.

Hallok lifts into the air. Excellent, I'll go first. Using Time Stop once more, he casts five Maximized Delayed Blast Fireballs on the woman, using his Mastery of Elements and Mastery of Shaping ability to make them deal sonic damage and affect only her. He causes them all to explode after the time stop spell ends. For his standard actions during the whole business, he uses his Waves of Exhaustion spell-like ability granted by his archmage levels twice, and casts a maximized sphere of ultimate destruction (full-round action changed to standard through Arcane Spellsurge, using rod)(Due to his arcane spellsurge, each spell is only a swift action. Due to his Improved Metamagic, each spell is only ninth level. Due to his Ring of Epic Wizardry IX, he has double ninth-level spells per day.) He also ends by causing his Blade of Black Disaster and his Sphere of Ultimate Destruction fly at the headmaster. Using seal fate for the blade and spin fate for the orb.

So, to simplify, she takes 90 points of sonic damage five times, with a DC 51 reflex save for half damage for each. She also has to make two DC 49 fortitude saves of become exhausted, and DC 55 and a DC 60 fortitude save or take 240 damage (reduced to 30 on a success) twice.

What This Looks Like:
The drow flies into the air, screaming too many incantations to count, quick as lightning. Five screeching, translucent orbs rush toward the headmaster, making sonic explosions every time they impact. Waves of violet energy pound into the woman, draining away her vitality, and finally, the black blade is loosed from Hallok's hand, an orb of pure destruction circling around it. Both smash into the woman as one.

Who says time stop is overpowered?

Doomboy911
2012-04-12, 11:53 AM
fantastic a little duel beforehand is very healthy for the mind and the body. It clears out some of the magical energy in the heart and mind. We`ll have a quick sparring match let loose a fireball here a baleful polymorph there. Hallok be sure to be gentle with her she is a valued customer and a lady

Hallok do not slay the lady for she is useless to us dead. Remember we`re trying to rule with stealth and have the people like us not hate us. I Think at Hallok whilst I massage the headmaster`s shoulders you can do this you can do this. By the way ma`m what might your name be? and what does she look like for that matter?

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 12:18 PM
My names Aurora. She is an elf... Very well then... The room grows very bright, so bright it is blinding. After you are capable of seeing again, you see that you are in a large arena... there are bodies everywhere... you are all at the west side of the arena... she is on the east side which is 120 feet away from you. Everyone from the city is in the stands. Aurora stands there with a large Earth Elemental beside her... none of your Elementals are there, neither are the dragons. There is one round for buffing and preparations... then the duel begins. She then turns into a large Earth Elemental and she and the other Elemental sink into the ground. Then 2 Pit Fiends, and 6 Tarrasques appear in the area Aurora was.

Fates
2012-04-12, 01:07 PM
Hallok smirks. Really, I was expecting better.
He casts True Seeing and gate, summoning a primal earth elemental. He gives the elemental orders to dig into the earth and drag any earth elementals it finds to the surface. He then turns to the pit fiends and tarrasques, and cries Destroy the one who brought you here,, casting mass suggestion (DC 48). (That is, assuming they were not illusions)
He then flies upward, and casts Polymorph Any object on the ground below, turning as much of it as possible to dust.

Doomboy911
2012-04-12, 01:32 PM
(holy! ************) "Just to ask should you slay us you will allow us a true ressurection so we can continue the massage?" right well I've got most of the buffs I need on so I slip the amulet off my cohorts neck and give him a fine kick in the gut than cast shapechange on myself "Should we die today I just want you all to know I blame knick knack." I think to the party. Than quicken time stop. I whip out four mice cast dominate on them all as quicken actions for four rounds than polymorph any object in each of those turns and make them into one xixecal one primal earth elemental one gibbering mouther which I launch at the other side while I cast it and one mu spore then use a scroll of giant size on my cohort to make him collossal size.1d20+50 use magic device for the scroll.

[roll0] for initiative Time stop ends "Come now we wage battle."

I'm under the impression that we're all fighting as a team if not disregard all of that.

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 03:32 PM
(holy! ************) "Just to ask should you slay us you will allow us a true ressurection so we can continue the massage?" right well I've got most of the buffs I need on so I slip the amulet off my cohorts neck and give him a fine kick in the gut than cast shapechange on myself "Should we die today I just want you all to know I blame knick knack." I think to the party. Than quicken time stop. I whip out four mice cast dominate on them all as quicken actions for four rounds than polymorph any object in each of those turns and make them into one xixecal one primal earth elemental one gibbering mouther which I launch at the other side while I cast it and one mu spore then use a scroll of giant size on my cohort to make him collossal size.1d20+50 use magic device for the scroll.

[roll0] for initiative Time stop ends "Come now we wage battle."

I'm under the impression that we're all fighting as a team if not disregard all of that.

If you wish to fight as a team... let's see how you do against my team... A 5 rifts open... out of one steps an old woman that has no eyes, out of 2 of the others walk Atropals, out of another steps a Phaethon, and from the last steps a Hecatoncheires. Now that's more fair...

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 03:45 PM
Hallok smirks. Really, I was expecting better.
He casts True Seeing and gate, summoning a primal earth elemental. He gives the elemental orders to dig into the earth and drag any earth elementals it finds to the surface. He then turns to the pit fiends and tarrasques, and cries Destroy the one who brought you here,, casting mass suggestion (DC 48). (That is, assuming they were not illusions)
He then flies upward, and casts Polymorph Any object on the ground below, turning as much of it as possible to dust.

Will save for the Pit Fiends:
1d20+35

Initiatives:
Pit Fiend 1
[roll0]

Pit Fiend 2
[roll1]

Atropal 1
[roll2]

Atropal 2
[roll3]

Hecatoncheires
[roll4]

Phaethon
[roll5]

Old Woman
[roll6]

Aurora
[roll7]

Why you no work will save?:smallannoyed:

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 03:51 PM
One last try at the will save...

[roll0]

FAIL... the Pit Fiends disappear...

Fates
2012-04-12, 04:55 PM
Damn it, Jack, I had things under control! Do as you will, but the headmaster is mine! Turning himself into a greater earth elemental via shapechange, Hallok begins burrowing, changing his commands to his primal elemental so that they excuse him.

Doomboy911
2012-04-12, 06:29 PM
well you`re the one who challenged her to a confound it duel. I was trying to avoid that what with her being the headmaster of a mages college. The whole town is here now seeing us I had a plan that was going to make her willingly give us her school and amybe become our friends. So try not to kill her just ding her up. I think at hallok.

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 07:45 PM
Doom, how close together are your mice-monsters?

Doomboy911
2012-04-12, 07:46 PM
[roll0] for the mu spore.

[roll1] for the gibbering orb.

[roll2] for the primal earth elemental

[roll3] for the xiecal

and since I don't remember his stats yet [roll4] for my cohort.

Also my umd didn't roll right for some reason [roll5]

Also I wanted to ask if I wanted to create a new species how would I go about doing that also could we get a table for the turns?

Fates
2012-04-12, 07:51 PM
:smallsigh: Yes, yes, terribly sorry and all that. Now would you just let me destroy this wench?

Hallok continues burrowing, searching for the headmaster; should find her, he will attempt to grapple her, using his moment of prescience to gain a +20 bonus on the check. He will also renew his moment of prescience immediately upon doing so.

NOTE: I meant to say elder earth elemental when I shapechanged; even if I can't change retroactively, I can do so immediately due to the spell.

Grapple check:[roll0]

This is, of course, assuming that, should I encounter the headmaster, I surprise her. If not, I instead would roll initiative, and use my moment of prescience for that, and then recast it before grappling.

Either way, both my grapple and initiative are effected by the spell.

Fates
2012-04-12, 08:01 PM
Initiative (be it before or after I grapple, see above )

[roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 08:06 PM
[roll0] for the mu spore.

[roll1] for the gibbering orb.

[roll2] for the primal earth elemental

[roll3] for the xiecal

and since I don't remember his stats yet [roll4] for my cohort.

Also my umd didn't roll right for some reason [roll5]

Also I wanted to ask if I wanted to create a new species how would I go about doing that also could we get a table for the turns?

I'll see what I can do...

:smallsigh: Yes, yes, terribly sorry and all that. Now would you just let me destroy this wench?

Hallok continues burrowing, searching for the headmaster; should find her, he will attempt to grapple her, using his moment of prescience to gain a +20 bonus on the check. He will also renew his moment of prescience immediately upon doing so.

NOTE: I meant to say elder earth elemental when I shapechanged; even if I can't change retroactively, I can do so immediately due to the spell.

Grapple check:[roll0]

This is, of course, assuming that, should I encounter the headmaster, I surprise her. If not, I instead would roll initiative, and use my moment of prescience for that, and then recast it before grappling.

Either way, both my grapple and initiative are effected by the spell.

You don't find her or her Elemental.

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 08:22 PM
I hope this works... it's my first attempt at a table.

{table=head]
Player/Monster |
Initiative

Old Woman | 20833356
MasterofFates | 41
Gibbering Orb | 35
Aurora | 29
Knick Knack | 21
Xiecal | 19
Doom's Cohort | 9
Mu Spore | 3
Primal Earth Elemental 1 | 1
MasterofFates' PEE | 1
6 Tarrasques | Last [/table]

IT WORKED!!! :biggrin:

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 08:30 PM
The Old Woman moves with surprising speed directly to Doom's cohort and punches it in the face.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

blade artist
2012-04-12, 08:32 PM
Guess I should join in, but why is it always my fault? Hallok started it! Knack says as he grows his hands into large menacing claws that could very well take off a man's head with a flick of a finger.

initiative [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 08:36 PM
1. I think I hit...

2. MasterofFates it is now your turn.

Doomboy911
2012-04-12, 09:23 PM
Right you hit my big ol cohort which means he has to make a will save (par his fun class) which he's going to choose to fail which means he's fine.

Jules goes flying back a bit brushes himself off and looks down growling.

Edit by the way does this old lady have anything to prevent Attacks of opportunity? Cause she just incurred a lot.

To put the scene that just went down in more epic terms.

The eyeless woman rushes across the field dodging each and everyone's blows with lightning speed and than slams into Jule's chest where a blast of dust comes from the impact. As the dust clears the lady bears a grin on her face until she sees her foe with a hole in his chest and a grin on his face.

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 09:29 PM
Right you hit my big ol cohort which means he has to make a will save (par his fun class) which he's going to choose to fail which means he's fine.

Jules goes flying back a bit brushes himself off and looks down growling.

The Old Woman smiles You're still alive, are you Sonny?

Fates
2012-04-12, 09:32 PM
Hallok teleports 80 feet into the air with a quickened dimension door. He then hits the hechatonchieres with a quickened banishment spell (will DC 49) and then casts time stop. With his arcane spells urge still active, he's able to cast five maximized sonic delayed blast fireballs at the atropals (Reflex half DC 50/each, 90 damage each) and five spheres of ultimate destruction, three of them maximized via his rod. He sends one regular and one maximized sphere as well as his black blade toward the atropals, and sends his two maximized and one regular sphere at the phaeton.

The atropals need to make three fortitude saves (DC 50) each, two of the spells doing 240 damage, and one doing [roll0] damage.

The phaeton has to do exactly the same thing. Roll for third sphere: [roll1]

I am really burning through my ninth-levels. :smalleek:

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 09:42 PM
Hallok teleports 80 feet into the air with a quickened dimension door. He then hits the hechatonchieres with a quickened banishment spell (will DC 49) and then casts time stop. With his arcane spells urge still active, he's able to cast five maximized sonic delayed blast fireballs at the atropals (Reflex half DC 50/each, 90 damage each) and five spheres of ultimate destruction, three of them maximized via his rod. He sends one regular and one maximized sphere as well as his black blade toward the atropals, and sends his two maximized and one regular sphere at the phaeton.

The atropals need to make three fortitude saves (DC 50) each, two of the spells doing 240 damage, and one doing [roll0] damage.

The phaeton has to do exactly the same thing. Roll for third sphere: [roll1]

I am really burning through my ninth-levels. :smalleek:

The Atropals autofail... but are still standing.

The Phaeton:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

The Phaeton also continues to stand (not that it would have fallen had it have failed).

Fates
2012-04-12, 09:45 PM
Okay, the phaeton only takes [roll0].
Atropals: Dats a lotta HP.

What happened with the 'tonchieres?

Fates
2012-04-12, 09:49 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about my cohort. Celeste casts Mass Heal on the atropals (She's under a persistent Greater Invisibility- I believe I mentioned earlier- and also flies next to me. Atropals need to make DC 36 reflex saves or take 150 damage each (halved on a success)

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 09:51 PM
Okay, the phaeton only takes [roll0].
Atropals: Dats a lotta HP.

What happened with the 'tonchieres?

Yeah... I knew I was forgetting something.

Will save: [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 09:56 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about my cohort. Celeste casts Mass Heal on the atropals (She's under a persistent Greater Invisibility- I believe I mentioned earlier- and also flies next to me. Atropals need to make DC 36 reflex saves or take 150 damage each (halved on a success)

Did she go near them?

Atropal 1:
[roll0]

Atropal 2:
[roll1]

Fates
2012-04-12, 09:57 PM
Hallok uses Fickle Finger of Fate (an immediate action fate spinner ability) to force the hech to reroll.

Doomboy911
2012-04-12, 09:57 PM
I'm a little bothered no one is amazed by the fact that my cohort of level 20 just took a couple thousand points of damage and is still kickin'.

Fates
2012-04-12, 09:59 PM
Did she go near them?

Atropal 1:
[roll0]

Atropal 2:
[roll1]

No, mass heal can be cast at close range (in her case, up to 70 feet). She was already flying, just not near me.

Fates
2012-04-12, 10:07 PM
I'm a little bothered no one is amazed by the fact that my cohort of level 20 just took a couple thousand points of damage and is still kickin'.

Right now, I'm more concerned that a couple of monsters without constitution scores just took well over a thousand damage and are still kickin'.

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 10:07 PM
Hallok uses Fickle Finger of Fate (an immediate action fate spinner ability) to force the hech to reroll.

This cannot end well...

[roll0]

Goodbye, Hecatoncheires!

Fates
2012-04-12, 10:09 PM
Bye bye, Herschel-tonkies.

And on the contrary, that ended very well.

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 10:18 PM

It is a little confusing...

Right now, I'm more concerned that a couple of monsters without constitution scores just took well over a thousand damage and are still kickin'.

They're still standing be cause of DR, Regeneration & Fast Healing (also, the Atropals have a bit of a feedback loop type thing from their Negative Energy Aura).

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 10:22 PM
Gibbering Orb's turn...

Fates
2012-04-12, 10:22 PM
It is a little confusing...

They're still standing be cause of DR, Regeneration & Fast Healing (also, the Atropals have a bit of a feedback loop type thing from their Negative Energy Aura).

I know that DR doesn't apply to magic, although I'm not sure whether regeneration does; I'll look it up, quick-like.

Fates
2012-04-12, 10:25 PM
Alright, regeneration does apply (although according to the MM, only creatures with con scores can have regeneration, it says atropals do in the ELH, so I assume that takes predominance)

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 10:29 PM
Alright, regeneration does apply (although according to the MM, only creatures with con scores can have regeneration, it says atropals do in the ELH, so I assume that takes predominance)

Atropals are stillborn gods... it's only reasonable for them to have Regeneration. :smallamused:

Doomboy911
2012-04-12, 10:31 PM
Right who's turn is it.

Fates
2012-04-12, 10:31 PM
So then, I take it that they are not destroyed regardless of the lack of application of DR?

Fates
2012-04-12, 10:33 PM
Right who's turn is it.

Doctor Gibber's.

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 10:46 PM
So then, I take it that they are not destroyed regardless of the lack of application of DR?

They are still standing, even with out their DR.

And yes, it is the Gibbering Orbs turn.

Fates
2012-04-12, 10:56 PM
They are still standing, even with out their DR.

:smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown:

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 11:06 PM
:smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown:

Did I say they were at full health? No. The Atropals are at about 22hp each and the Phaeton is sitting around 211hp.

Doomboy911
2012-04-12, 11:10 PM
Right first off everything right by the orb has to make a will save (which is why I threw the mouse at them before I transformed) the save is 40 or they go insane and than it fires two eye rays at the atropal they're disintegrate.