PDA

View Full Version : [PTA, IC]The Spinward Islands III: The Downward Spiral of Craziness

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

passinglurker
2013-04-05, 02:39 PM
last thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15033840#post15033840)

Zack
"That would be a bad idea they are all still upset from earlier I could barely get my Drifloon to take me down here over tracking one of you down so it could give you a piece of its mind" Says Cathy getting up from behind the mattress its clear by her expression that she has even less of an idea what is going on than you. She then blushes red when she realises her improvised coat/skirt fell off in the "scuffle" and she ducks back behind the stray matress.

Lucius
"actually he probably did mean eyes or maybe hair... he is kinda more of a hair guy. anyway I just like to mess with him" whispers hollie with a wink.

MintyNinja
2013-04-05, 02:44 PM
"Alright, well then you'll have to trust me. My name is Zack, I'm the guy you thought pinched your butt. I didn't, I don't know what happened. I'm just saying that bad things seem to be happening to you and I'm actually pretty good at handling bad things. So we're gonna hang out until this is over, alright?"

BluesEclipse
2013-04-05, 02:46 PM
Lucius replies to Hollie in a whisper of his own, "Then he has nothing to worry about, eh?"

Major
2013-04-05, 02:56 PM
As Rebecca puts on the trenchcoat, she really can't hlep but feel like a stripper now. Here she was in a flasher coat, naked underneath, and getting ready to go on stage and perform for people's entertainment.

"I'm ready," Rebecca says as she turns to follow Hollie. She'd let the eevees have their fun arguing about prettiest for now.

passinglurker
2013-04-05, 06:43 PM
Zack
"Well uh... I originally came down here to dry off after Nessa was kind enough to wash those spores off... I don't really know where anything is and was hoping to just get lucky... could you help me find a towel with and change of clothes or something?" she says in a very shy voice from behind the bare mattress that is leaning against the wall "This is awkward but you can't see me right?"

Sibblings
on the way there Hollie goes over how contests work (see ptu contest rules) Rebecca gets a few odd stares on the street due to her Umbreon like face paint but that's it. getting through the hall is like getting through the airport with lots of checkpoints and security finally you reach a desk where hollie says "Ok pick a contests types and fill out the forms I would recommend a smart contest for Kuro"

MintyNinja
2013-04-05, 06:46 PM
"Not even looking at you, but I think you're behind a mattress," Zack sets about looking around for a towel or a blanket that Lea might have stashed around.

Wisdom: [roll0]

passinglurker
2013-04-05, 07:30 PM
Zack
Looking in the guest room Lea/Edgar set up you find a set of guest towels very easily unfortunately the closest this room has to a change of clothes is the bed sheets though you logically conclude you can find real clothes by raiding either lea's room, your room, or the junk pile.

MintyNinja
2013-04-05, 07:34 PM
Zack checks out the junk room before returning to Cathy, not needing to go through Lea's things and not willing to offer his own.

Dex [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-04-05, 08:03 PM
Lucius listens to Hollie's explanation as the group makes its way to the contest hall and through the checkpoints, taking in as much of the information as possible. Reaching the sign-in desk, Lucius nods and signs up for a Cool Contest with Voltaire.

Major
2013-04-05, 08:48 PM
Taking Hollie's advice, Rebecca signs up for a smart contest for Kuro.

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-06, 12:14 AM
Nessa climbed up the stairs with Lea carried in her arms and by her mind. She deposited the girl in the wheelhouse, put the boat into motion, and bent over the girl. What on earth was going on?

Int Check of +10! [roll0]

passinglurker
2013-04-06, 03:13 AM
The Sibblings
your contests are at the same time in separate rooms

Lucius
you have 3 opponents. A martial arts girl, a kid in sunglasses, and Moe from mall street rumble

Rebecca
you also have 3 opponents, a kamino girl, a guy in a suit, and... a woman in a wetsuit and a motor cycle helmet.

Both again
last chance to poffin up(vending machine) or chat with your opponents before your contest starts

Nessa
the discoloration is consistent with the side effects of a strong dosage of a common anesthetic/sleeping pill/allergy medication. Its safe to say she is unconscious because she is drugged.

Zack
Clothes for a 14 year old girl is not something scientists keep around but you manage to scrounge up a big bath robe, and a surprisingly sanitary pair of sweat pants

Major
2013-04-06, 03:42 AM
Rebecca looks over the people and takes a deep breath as she gets ready for her time to shine. She felt awkward but hoped it worked out. She was a bit annoyed that most the others looked so normal. She'd gone this route thinking everyone was as crazy as Hollie and she'd need to be crazy to compete, but here they were in a simple suit, a kimono, and...ok the motocycle helmet was weird, but in a stupid way. What kinda idiot wore a wetsuit and a motorcycle helmet. Was looking that stupid supposed to help?

MintyNinja
2013-04-06, 03:59 AM
Zack brings the clothes and the towels back to Cathy and tosses them at the base of the mattress. "Here you go, I'm turned around and you can change behind the mattress." Not being a bastard, he really does turn around and lets the young girl figure it out for herself.

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-06, 09:41 AM
Someone else must be on board, but who? Unless someone managed to get around lying to me. So frustrating!

Nessa snatched up the mask and used her powers to look at what happened to it in the last hour.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-06, 08:12 PM
Lucius looks over at the man from Mall Street Rumble and says, "And so we meet again... go figure."

passinglurker
2013-04-07, 03:44 PM
Lucius
"heh yeah" chuckles Moe at this "this is quite place can't go don't the street without running into some one famous. so have you ran into anyone famous today?"(Cathy counts) (i forgot what color i used for moe)

Rebecca
Steven and any of your other mons that are following you take seats in the audience he has an uneasy look at his face when he see's the woman with the motor cycle helmet.

As the contest gets started your up for introductions first (instead of the charm skill use half your cha mod), as you step forward you hear a voice in your mind I don't have much time before I'm notice so act natural and try not to bog this down with stupid questions. A little birdy told me that a certain Lucius Anders believes that you are his Sister is that correct?

Nessa
In your panel summary you see that ditto again putting the mask on an unconscious lea's face and with some clever use of leverage prop her up behind the guestroom door. he then gets bored waiting, and leaves. you then see Cathy enter recall a drifloon, close the door, and freak out as a cloaked Lea falls on top of her she flings the door back open with her mind and the panel catches up to where you came in.

Zack
she whispers a thanks and psychokinetically pulls the clothes behind the mattress with her. After a bit she stands up and says in a happier tone "I bet I look really silly right now"

BluesEclipse
2013-04-07, 03:51 PM
Lucius replies, "Met some girl who apparently is pretty well-known in the contest scene, but that's about it." With that, he looks over the other competitors and their Pokémon(if they have them out) and waits for the contest to begin.

MintyNinja
2013-04-07, 04:53 PM
"I wouldn't worry about that too much. Only person here is me, now. And no offence, but I'm a little stressed to really care about how you look," Zack says. He realizes that his tone is a bit gruff and so he tries to change the subject. "So... have you ever been to Unova? I'm from Castelia City." While he asks this he types up a quick message to Nessa, -How are my flyers??? And Lea?-

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-07, 06:21 PM
Haven't seen the flyers. Lea was traumatized by a ditto. Seeing if I can go after it now.

Feeling her psychic senses pull her in a direction she'd never gone before, Nessa attempted to follow the ditto out of the visions to wherever it had gone.

Image Tailing on Ditto. DC 15 [roll0]

passinglurker
2013-04-07, 07:15 PM
Lucius
your up first same rules as Rebecca all mons start in balls

Nessa
Image tailing can only be done on site

Zack
"Yeah actually I played a role for a movie studio there once. It was nice except for one stressful night of shooting when they we on sky scraper roof. I had finally gotten my line right when apparently someone dropped a big banner on nearby building in view of the camera and ruined the shot" you remember that stunt

MintyNinja
2013-04-07, 07:21 PM
A wide grin splits Zack's face as he remembers the event. He did the scouting and made sure the tools were in place. He got to stick around to watch the unfolding, but then had to head back before anyone got caught. "Yeah, sounds like the Ariados Clan. They run around Castelia doing things like that. Nothing personal, I think. They just like reminding people that anything can happen." He notices Nessa's response and sends, -That's not a good sign. Please take a look. Krome, Claw, and Dusty should be circling the ship.-

BluesEclipse
2013-04-07, 07:27 PM
Lucius steps forward, looking over the judges and the crowd as he flips his Pokeball into his hand. "Hello, everyone... the name's Lucius Anders." Sparks begin to arc over his body towards the Pokeball as he speaks. "A sailor by trade, I live my life amidst the surf and storm. And I've been blessed with a truly wonderful companion for this..." Tossing the Pokeball up into the air above him with a spark-coated hand, he releases a small surge of electricity up into the ball to open it, catching the empty ball in his hand. "An avatar of the storm and thunder, born of the clouds and the essence of lightning... Voltaire, the Storm Swablu." He falls silent as the thundercloud-winged Pokémon glides down, perching on his shoulder as he steps back, a smile on his face.

CHA: [roll0]

Major
2013-04-07, 10:44 PM
Rebecca
Steven and any of your other mons that are following you take seats in the audience he has an uneasy look at his face when he see's the woman with the motor cycle helmet.

As the contest gets started your up for introductions first (instead of the charm skill use half your cha mod), as you step forward you hear a voice in your mind I don't have much time before I'm notice so act natural and try not to bog this down with stupid questions. A little birdy told me that a certain Lucius Anders believes that you are his Sister is that correct?

You get more flies with honey, lady. I'm not sure what it is to you or why I should CARE if you get caught, but I have things to focus on rather than having you bug me, so yes. Lucius is my brother. He showed some birth certificate thing and everything. Got a problem with that? Rebecca replied before trying to make a good first appearance with her introduction as she sent out Kuro to make an appearance with her.

Introduction: [roll0] (grrr damn +3... I get a 1d3 for the .5 right? :P)

passinglurker
2013-04-08, 12:29 PM
Zack
"Oh really? you speak of them with a hint of familiarity you wouldn't happen to be one of them would you?" she says curiously with a friendly smile she doesn't seem mad about the stunt.

you can hear movement on the hatch cover above you namely big metal claws, and heavy feat.

Lucius
the crowd oo's and ah's at Voltair his unique coloration grabbing their attention (+2 appeal points for shiny and roll)

the martial artist and sun glasses kid call out a machop, and a raticate respectively for 1 point each

then Moe steps up "I'm a performer by trade but unlike most I don't concentrate on eye candy" he says looking just as shabby as usual "instead I let the music speak for its self" he pulls his bow across he violin as if starting a song and a delicacy balanced pokeball rolls along the top of the bow, flys off the tip and opens to reveal his kricketune which immediately starts rubbing his arms together to make an entertaining high tempo tune "I present Stradivarius!" he gets 3 appeal points and an applause.

Rebecca
smart contests are among the most formal most take your appearance in an intellectual light or keep thier mouth shut and you score a total of 4 appeal points (grooming, mon fashion, professional trainer fashion, and roll)

the kimono girl calls out an eevee of her own for a surprising 3 appeal points

the man in the suit calls out an abra for 2 appeal points

and the woman in the wetsuit calls out a poliwhirl for only 1 point

First a warning Lucius must not be told anything of this conversation not even that it happened because if he finds out then my bosses will find out, and then people start dying starting with his mother. To answer your question I care because I have the unfortunate task of observing Lucius for those invested in his skills, and I could have had time to say something more useful if you didn't ask stupid questions. next question those are all your eevee's correct? did you seek them out or did they just happen to come to you?

MintyNinja
2013-04-08, 12:44 PM
"Yeah, I ran around with them back-" Zack stops mid-sentence as he hears the claws up above. "I think that might be my pokemon. Do you wanna come out onto the deck with me? I'm not gonna leave you by yourself again."

passinglurker
2013-04-08, 12:49 PM
Zack
"I don't mind, but if I got the feel of this room right shouldn't be a way to open the roof?" she takes out a bell and starts telekinetically knocking it around the ceiling when it comes to the hatch cover motors she says "there those sound like they're are big enough to be motors so there should be a control around..." there is a button that says open and close near the junkpile

MintyNinja
2013-04-08, 12:51 PM
"Oh, I see it. I never really come down here and I leave the more mechanical aspects of the ship to Lucius and Nessa. My kind of expertise is more of a combat capacity," Zack says as he reaches for the button. He presses it, hoping that Cathy was right.

passinglurker
2013-04-08, 12:57 PM
Zack
The hatch opens and your flyers float and flutter down to you perfectly fine though a little tired from running around and playing for hours. you notice that with krome some of the rust holes in his wings seem to have shrunk which according to your research shouldn't be possible.

MintyNinja
2013-04-08, 01:02 PM
"Hey guys, did you have fun?" Zack says to them. "Krome, you're looking better. Did Claw make you fly laps around and around?" He returns his pokemon and closes the hatch. "It's good that Krome's healing. One day he'll be back to normal. Maybe even stronger after knowing what it's like to be weakened."

Major
2013-04-08, 02:12 PM
Rebecca debates making another smart ass comment, but at the threat to her mom she ices up. Don't threaten my mom. You kill her and I'll kill you. She thinks coldly A mix. Some came to me, some I found. Rebecca refrains from mentioning the theory about the powers that she heard.

With the conversation going in her mind, Rebecca was distracted, "Uhh...confuse ray!" She quickly added to not miss her turn.

Confuse Ray: Smart
[roll0] (5d6+1d6 for smart contest+2d6, burning my cool points early)
Total: +8 appeal

passinglurker
2013-04-08, 09:06 PM
Nessa
before you can chase after ditto images lea stirs

Lea
You remember that battle with the ditto going well until it turned into corton and grasswhistled you... its hard to tell what happened after but you remember feeling like you were dragged, something was shoved down your throat, and you were dragged around for a bit more. waking up now you feel sick, groggy, nauseous, and like a younger girl kicked and slapped you for a few minutes before you got flung against a wall (that last feeling is oddly specific).

You have reason to believe you are with nessa in the wheel house now.

Lucius
Moe is the center of attention and uses a relatively safe move for the performance stage earning him 6 appeal its now your turn the voltage is currently neutral.

Rebecca
you were the center of attention (adjust your calculations appropriately) your opponents earn 3(kimono), 4(suit), and 2(wetsuit) each. at the end the voltage is neutral(fudged due to time). Believe me I would be the last person in the world trying to kill her and wouldn't be the one to do it in person if my bosses found out. trying to not kill her and get a happy ending out of this is why I'm risking everything to talk to you now. next question in the time you spent with these Eevee's have you seen anything odd? temporary evolution? boosts in attacks and capabilities? hard to explain reasons for joining you?

planswalker
2013-04-08, 09:30 PM
Lea groggily revives and asks. "Nessa?"

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-08, 09:47 PM
Stay put, I'm going after the ditto. Lancelot will look after you. Lance: make sure the ship doesn't crash. The gallade nodded and Nessa ran off to find and follow the ditto image.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-08, 10:11 PM
Lucius watches as Moe opens up the performance before saying, "Alright, Voltaire... let's give them a show! Thunder Wave!" The Swablu flies up slightly, releasing a brilliant wave of electricity with a flap of its wings.

Thunder Wave - Cool(1d6) - Excitement(3d6) [+1 Voltage]
[roll0]

planswalker
2013-04-08, 10:54 PM
Lea tries to sit up, but the spinning room convinces her to lay her head back down and try in a few moments. "Lancelot, what happened? I remember our blind passenger's pants becoming a ditto and hitting it, her, and Amy with a stun spore to try and slow things down long enough to get a handle on things, and then I fell asleep. And woke up sore in the wheelhouse."

She doesn't remember if Lancelot can talk or not, but if nothing else, airing what she remembers doesn't hurt.

Major
2013-04-08, 11:34 PM
Rebecca
you were the center of attention (adjust your calculations appropriately) your opponents earn 3(kimono), 4(suit), and 2(wetsuit) each. at the end the voltage is neutral(fudged due to time). Believe me I would be the last person in the world trying to kill her and wouldn't be the one to do it in person if my bosses found out. trying to not kill her and get a happy ending out of this is why I'm risking everything to talk to you now. next question in the time you spent with these Eevee's have you seen anything odd? temporary evolution? boosts in attacks and capabilities? hard to explain reasons for joining you?

Annoyed, Rebecca tried to focus on the contest, This can't wait? I have to win this to fix things. Rebecca thought, the annoyance obvious, however she didn't want to risk her mom dying before she knew things. Uhhh...I encountered a naturally evolved eevee, found one that was destined to meet me, encountered a flareon in an icy wasteland, and encountered a Vaporeon in a desert. Not sure what else you want. Look, please tell me who my mom was...she abandoned me and I want to know why. I ran into her once and then had to erase that timeline and Lucius doesn't believe me when I say she is alive. I'll answer whatever questions you want...but please help me find my mom since you know her...

Distracted, Rebecca is grateful she wasn't first this round.

Will wait to see the other contestant's actions when you got time to do them.

Center of attention changes the numbers (bleh didn't wanna pop my cool points on a center round) so it is...

3 fumble points (subtract at end)
+7 appeal.

Current Total:
11 Appeal
3 fumble points

passinglurker
2013-04-09, 12:25 PM
Lucius
The kid in sunglasses and the martial artist both have their mons use focus energy and despite being a cool move the audience and judges don't seem to like it(-1 voltage for them and +0 appeal(some how they both rolled all 1's))(correct me if I'm wrong, but i think each contestants voltage is separate)

your now the center of attention

Rebecca
the kimono girl is the center of attention and aggressively shows off a shadow ball move earning 7 appeal and 1 fumble

the wet suit woman seems distracted but then makes a gesture and the poliwhril uses hypnosis earning 6 appeal and 1 voltage

its now your turn
w-a-t space d-o space u space m-e-a-n space t-h-e space v-i-o-l-i-n space i-s space a space r-a-d-i-o-? space w-h-o space c-o-u-l-d space h-e space b-e space s-i-g-n-a-l-l-i-n-g-? send... I just thought out loud as I typed didn't I?...

ugh believe me multitasking is a female poochyena, but this can't wait and some of those questions I wish I had time to answer. your encounters sound like you hold promise but if I'm gonna get a happy ending out of you I'm going to need something more... but not even I really know what to look for... wait... your entering a contest LIKE THAT with an Umbreon to fix something?... unless you lost a bet then if your like your mom you wouldn't be doing this with out a good reason... I need you to be honest what are you trying to fix? and how did you break it?

Lea
from what I can gather you were out for several hours and dressed up to spook cathy by a ditto

Nessa
you find the image back in the breeding area it looks like it was dragging something as is slips backwards into its past. The image stops outside Lea's room sets down it's load and moves through the closed door to Lea's room.

Zack
"speaking from experience I'm sure he will if you raise him right" then as if to show off she lifts some heavy stuff with her mind

Major
2013-04-09, 02:50 PM
Rebecca blushes at the comment about 'dressed like that'. It seemed like this body paint stuff would increase the chances to win...I didn't realize it was naked. I hit the Umbreon too hard with a hyper beam and it's acting derpy. Eevee expert guy says its low self-confidence and winning will fix it. He has information on my former mentor who tried to kill me so I need him fixed asap. Rebecca thinks as she watches the moves. Look, I'll do anything...what do I need to do to get you to let me see my mom?

When he turn comes up, she quickly orders Kuro to use Knock Off.

[roll0]
Outcome: +4
Total: 15 appeal, 3 fumble

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-09, 04:31 PM
Nessa opens the door carefully, with narwha by her side. She wanted to be prepared in case the real ditto was in here. She fingered a pokeball carefully, ready for this to be over.

MintyNinja
2013-04-09, 06:35 PM
Zack turns to the psychic and says, "Yeah? He's healed up a bit already. I think traveling out on the seas will just slow down the process, but if I keep at it he'll get there eventually." With all the pokemon returned and the hatch closed, it was once again just the two of them. "So, like I was saying before, I'm a part of the Ariados Clan. A group of kids with a love of climbing insane heights. I was often just a scout: tape supplies in place, mark dangerous paths with chalk, etc. They eventually gave me my first pokemon. I left when I got the letter from Ironwood. The Clan felt going on an adventure like this was perfect for me, so I'm now sailing the islands, adding my unique perspective to every little write up. Occasionally I send them some money to keep their spirits up."

BluesEclipse
2013-04-09, 11:40 PM
Lucius nods, and says, "Alright, Voltaire - show them some of your other moves. Peck!" The Swablu pecks at the air furiously in response to Lucius's command.

Appeal: 7, Voltage: 1
Peck - Cool(1d6) - Steady Performance(4d6) - Current Voltage: 1(1d6)
[roll0]

passinglurker
2013-04-10, 12:42 PM
Rebecca
The suits abra uses hidden power to earn 3 more appeal

As the wet suit woman now the center of attention makes a gesture for the poliwhirl to use scald. you hear I didn't mean to embarrass you just that your outfit is a bit over kill for a first contest. here anything professionally done would have been equally effective. your mother might have some thing to say about your choice though just then there is a sharp ringing in your ears and you remember part of the fight that never happened namely where Grille grabbed you and got bowled over by a blast of water as an unseen voice shouted "get your hands off my daughter!"

you look like you have a migraine causing you to miss some stuff on stage, and when it subsides its your turn. It also looks like the wet suit woman is recovering from a similar head ache. that was unexpected

Lucius
the crowd really loves your performance

your opponents earn... sunglasses(10 appeal 4 fumble(hyperfang)), MA (8 appeal (karate chop)), moe (4 appeal (focus energy)) for one round and then... sunglasses (5 appeal 2 fumble) Moe (12 appeal) MA (6 appeal) the next round its now your turn

Nessa
the ditto moveing backwards looks proud of it self and it flies onto the dresser covered in eggs and moves like it had pushed something off earlier. it slides back to an open drawer and makes like its hugging something it found and then puts away in its body. In the drawer is an open hair cutting kit box that seems to be lacking scissors. The ditto continues to slide back wards as if looking for something rummaging through the room and heads back out to its load which it proceeded to drag backwards towards the stair occasionally darting into the junk to retrieve things.

Zack
"would a member of the aridaos clan be willing to do such as stunt for a good cause? and/or money?" she asks quietly

MintyNinja
2013-04-10, 12:58 PM
"It depends on our itinerary, but it's likely," Zack says. He considers his trip so far and asks, "What did you have in mind?"

Major
2013-04-10, 02:41 PM
What would mom say? Rebecca asked rubbing her temple. And overkill is irrelevant, if we got time to talk about my clothes, tell me more about mom. She begs.

Her mind races with the voice. Now she knew not only had she met her mom, but her mom had saved her. Her mom also had powers like Lucius it seemed. Or at least water powers.

"Uhhh, Kuro we need the next round for an impact, steal some attention." Rebecca said having a hard time focusing.

I don't know how much voltage people have, but...

Thief
[roll0]
Gained: 1
Total: 16 appeal, 3 fumble
Competitors adjacent to me (hopefully kimino...) lose up to two voltage and I gain however much was stolen.

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-10, 03:24 PM
Nessa hesitated. She had two options now. Either follow the ditto or read the room's past to get more information. Deciding to follow the ditto, Nessa raced for the stairs to follow the phantasm of the ditto.

planswalker
2013-04-10, 10:18 PM
"Do you know why I feel so sore? Last thing I remember is that ditto transforming into Corton. What'd it turn into to wallop me so hard?"

BluesEclipse
2013-04-11, 12:18 AM
Lucius nods, and says, "Alright, Voltaire... now, show them your spark! Thundershock!" Voltaire responds with a burst of electricity arcing above him from his wings.

Appeal: 18, Voltage: 1
Thundershock - Cool(1d6) - Steady Performance(4d6) - Current Voltage: 1(1d6)
[roll0]

passinglurker
2013-04-11, 02:22 PM
Zack
"Well you see in addition to being a coordinator I run an organization the advocates for psychics rights it doesn't get much attention and few people take it seriously unfortunately. Anyway if you haven't noticed effectively the entire island of Duale is the biggest bunch of psychic haters in the cluster. On that island should you ever visit it is a big cathedral with a really tall spire. If you could get to the top of it and drop a politically charged banner from it like your group did back home my group would get some much needed attention, and maybe get some other psychics thinking we could change things." she suddenly gets a little depressed, sighs, and sits down. "Of course this is all assuming I live through this stalker thing... and that the press never finds out my bother has gone hypocritical... and Duale doesn't succeed in getting my groups charitable organization status revoked with another frivolous lawsuit... any one of those things would sink the group"

Rebecca
And maybe if I didn't black out just then we would have... this is overly simplistic, but here is what you need to know. Your mother worked on a project captured from team magma for team aqua call project ambrosia it was a project to achieve advanced typing, and elemental manipulation beyond the one or two types most living being seem to be able to manipulate and master at a time. In addition to a expensive method for mass produced type shifting you and your brother were results of that project using different methods that I can't go into now. The project was abandoned when you were some how separated from your mother in Orre because the bosses believed you would be found and traced back to lab. All I know about how you were lost is your mother didn't abandon you, and was forced to stop searching. It was started again when Lucius showed up on Mora with manifested and functioning powers. The bosses have plans for lucius and his powers that will be very hard to stop, but you are the trump card here. They don't know you exist. To throw a wrench in their plans you have got to figure out how your abilities work. You clearly have a connection of sorts with the elements what you need to do is figure out how to make them manifest in a more controlled way than having random trubbish happen whenever you fire a hyperbeam. The man known as Gustov knows some of the science behind the methods used on you... I have to go as this is going on the contest is wrapping up the announcer is about to announce the winner when suddenly the lights shower sparks and go out.

The is some girly screams and some calls to not panic, and you feel a spherical object pressed into your hands. "a gift from mom, and remember don't tell anyone this conversation ever happened" is whispered in your ear the voice sounds like the one from the Unown temple and the battle that never happened, yet... similar to the one you were just talking to.

half the lights then come back on there is some disarray but the room quickly reorganizes and the announcer continues "heh the show must go one folks, and the winner is... Rebecca and Kuro!" there is some clapping and thrown flowers yadda yadda yadda here is your smart ribbion... oh and wetsuit lady is gone

Nessa
(simplified for my sanity)
you deduce from what you see up stairs that the ditto was in the form of cathys pants which was pinching her this whole time, got exposed by one of lea's pokemon, turned into corton, put everyone to sleep, recalled Lea's mons, and dragged her down stair.

Lea
As your talking and Lancelot is distracted with driving a pink blob slides out from under the cloak you find yourself in and sit on your belly. In one hand he is dragging the end of your braid. In the other you lime green scissors. It gestures for you to be quiet, and then holds up the scissors to the braid threatening to cut 1/4 of it off as it waggles its improvised eyebrows, and sports and evil grin.

Lucius
Voltaire has his own idea's and uses a move you didn't know he knew(Thunder), and hits a specific spot on the cieling. There is a shower of sparks and the lights go out. when the lights return the contest carries on (the show must go on) it was the last round you won cheers and flowers yadda yaddda yadda here's your ribbion.

planswalker
2013-04-11, 03:40 PM
Lea gives a look of horror and does not whisper a word, all the while mentally shouting, hoping to get Lancelot's attention.

The ditto is here! It's holding my hair hostage!

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-11, 06:54 PM
Sighing in frustration, Nessa went back up to the wheelhouse where she had left Lancelot with Lea. She was going to catch this ditto if it was the last thing she did.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 01:22 AM
Lucius blinks as Voltaire releases not merely a small spark of electricity, but a bolt of true lightning. "Heh... well, I did tell you it would be a chance to show off..." he mutters as he accepts his prize, before heading out to the contest hall lobby to look for Rebecca.

Any XP or prize money for the contests?

MintyNinja
2013-04-12, 04:41 AM
"I'll tell you what: if your group can get me the banner before we arrive in Duale, which we're bound to do eventually, then I'll do it free of charge. This isn't the exact kinda thing that we do, but that's a cause I can believe in. Nessa's a psychic and we've had some issues with the populace about that. I'd love to help out."

Major
2013-04-12, 09:53 AM
As the woman "speaks", Rebecca is mostly quiet as she listens. When she heard that her mom didn't abandon her, her eyes watered up a little from happiness. She was about to add that she didn't have any special powers other than an eevee connection, but before she can comment the lights suddenly spark and go out.

Rebecca takes a defensive stance, wondering if Team Eternal had found them, but when the lights are out she feels something shoved in her hands and hears a voice. Suddenly, she stops as the voice starts to sound familiar. She tried to grab out at the figure to feel and hold her mom, but before she can the woman is gone.

Her emotions fluctuate between sadness at missing the chance to spend time with her mom and happiness she sorta kinda got to meet her. She smiles and waves to the crowd, glad to have won and heads back with Kuro to see how Lucius did and to talk to Gustov. If he knew what was done to her and Lucius, maybe he knew about her mother. Now the hard part was questioning him without revealing the conversation that had happened.

As she walks, she looks at the spherical object her mom had given her.

passinglurker
2013-04-12, 10:51 AM
Lea
The ditto is very amused by your look of horror. It jerks and jiggles the scissors to try and get more reactor out of you like an annoying kid taping the glass on a fish tank.

Lancelot is looking away, and not reacting he must not be reading your mind at the moment.

Nessa
As you come up the stairs you see the ditto on Lea's belly playing with her hair and a pair of scissors, and lea staring at it in silent horror. Lancelot seems to be to focused on driving to notice.

Lucius
Oddly no one seems to be mad about the temproary building wide blackout, and as you wait in the lobby you spot professor ironwood's attorney pass through which probably is a good explanation why.
3k xp, and 1k prize money
Wis check(DC 15).

Zack
"thanks..." she still seems to be distracted by her reality check.

Rebecca
As you go your eevee's all congratulate Kuro. he looks much better now and probably doesn't have a problem with others cleaning or dressing him now.
3k xp, and 1k prize money
The spherical objects is a air ball(see pokeball designer ball modifications: type) wrapped in a piece of paper. The paper is a creepy perverted gentlemanly love letter complimenting you on your performance, "bosoms", and other curves. It also says the pokeball and mon inside are gifts to encourage you to perform again so that the writer may see "more" of you. To you this letter is obviously a fake but it provides a story as to where the ball came from without having to reveal the truth. Finally you hear in your mind gangnam think Don't worry your not completely alone in this secret. Steven insisted I read the contestant in the wetsuit's mind and relay it to him. We both heard the whole thing. You find lucius back in the lobby.

Major
2013-04-12, 11:10 AM
Rebecca reads the note quickly, glad it wasn't a real letter. She ponders if the comment to perform again was something her mom actually wanted to see or if it was just part of the disguise. She hadn't really cared about contest before, but if her mom wanted to see her, she'd have to look into it again in the future.

She looks at the Air Ball a bit confused before pressing a button to release the contained mon and see what her mom had left for her.

I really need to write down the name of my parents on my sheet...Lucius! What's mom and dad's name :P

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-12, 12:44 PM
Gotcha you little bugger! Nessa shouts as she sees the scene. She quickly lifted the blob up with her telekinesis and pulled out a pokeball.

You either get in the ball on your own, or we can do it the hard way. You won't enjoy the hard way nearly as much as the good way.

passinglurker
2013-04-12, 01:19 PM
Rebecca
before you can open the ball Hollie grabs you in a hug "congratulations! now lets get that putty off you before you feel compelled to "powder your nose"" she drags you back into a special dressing room for this purpose the process is long, unpleasant, and involves grimers, but your eventually free of the paint and putty, and back in your moran-esque uniform in the lobby with only a minor rash that should heal according to hollie.

Nessa and Lea
As Nessa yanks on the ditto *rolls for reflexes* in surprise closes the scissors and cuts off a *rolls for luck* 7th of Lea's braid leaving an awkward and jagged cut. (these rolls can be potentially disrupted with probability control)

It squirms and struggles in mid air, but Nessa has him good by "the scruff of the neck". At Nessa's ultimatum it just sticks its tongue out and raspberries. Lancelot is now standing ready for the order the deliver a beat down.

Major
2013-04-12, 01:35 PM
Throughout the nightmare of the removal of the outfit, Rebecca quickly decides that for future contest she'd go with clothing not paint. Her mom was wearing clothing, so clearly it wasn't too serious or anything.

"Ow...yeah, not doing that again..." She groans. "Where is Gustov?" Rebecca asks Hollie.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 03:22 PM
Lucius looks around as he waits for Rebecca to finish her contest.

Wis: [roll0]

planswalker
2013-04-12, 03:33 PM
All at once, the look of fear on Lea's face dies, and in its place...

not rage

not horror

not sadness

nothing.

The little beast has crossed a line too deep for any of that. No, she wasn't going to let the goblin get away that easily. This time, she was going to make sure it didn't cause more trouble. Lea rises as she grabs the lock of her hair off the floor.

"Please do resist. I'd love an excuse to smash your face in." Lea says pleasantly, as if asking a friend to borrow a nickel to make exact change at the grocery store. [roll0]

You see, as its weapon of terror closed on her golden braid, she had an epiphany. This ditto was a child. A spoiled rotten child used to getting its own way. It needed someone to show it that the world won't always let him get away with that. The second step could wait until the first was accomplished.

passinglurker
2013-04-12, 03:56 PM
Rebecca
"oh you you know just where you least expect him" as if on cue the trashbin behind you sprouts limbs and springs up "DID SOME ONE ASK FOR GUSTOV!?!!"

Lucius
You spot Rebecca next to Hollie and a trash can with legs, and Gustov's accent. You also spot that Moe seems to be following you.

Nessa and Lea
The ditto just rolls his eye at lea and it looks like he is about to take Lancelots form when suddenly the ship... seems to let out a giggle. Suddenly the ditto shrinks as small as he can into a quivering mass as he stares with a look of fear towards the back of the boat, and occasionally glances at you guy's to see if your seeing this.

Major
2013-04-12, 03:59 PM
"Gustov, thanks for all the help with the contest. I think I had some fine and might do more in the future. Speaking of which can I speak with you about something in private." She leans in close and whispers, "Does the word Ambrosia mean anything to you?"

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 03:59 PM
Lucius looks over towards where Rebecca is, but turns back towards Moe first. "Hey... you needed something?" he asks the musician.

MintyNinja
2013-04-12, 04:42 PM
Zack also goes quiet and continues to keep watch. He had no idea what was going on but it seemed like being this girl's bodyguard would keep things from getting too crazy.

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-12, 06:57 PM
Keep me updated on any malicious activity Lance. I don't want to lose the trickster. Use whatever moves you feel are appropriate to keep the threat - if there is a threat - at bay. She trusted Lancelot to protect her. They had trusted each other implicitly for several years, and she wasn't planning to change that now.

I don't remember if I've used the Influential abilities today, but if not then I use them now. If they are used, then I'll release Rhopa with my action this turn in addition to holding the bugger where he is.

Mental Suggestion [roll0] DC 15. The suggestion is "Willing allow yourself to be captured by Nessa or Lea's pokeballs without resisting."

planswalker
2013-04-12, 10:20 PM
Not caring one whit for his attempt to distract them, Lea says, "That's a good try, but it'd have worked a LOT better if you'd tried that before deciding to torture me by threatening to cut my hair. Now, are you coming the easy way where I care for you and show you how to behave when the world doesn't center around you, or do we do this the hard way and you get beaten to submission so you find your limits?"

[roll0]

passinglurker
2013-04-13, 02:03 PM
Rebecca
"Hmm mythology speaks of ambrosia as the immorality granting food of gods, or do you mean the kind of apple? Gustov isn't sure what else you could mean"

Lucius
Moe has a "D'oh" moment and you hear behind you the familiar voice of the mall street rumble juggler *sigh* "Yes I suppose we do need something"

Zack
Suddenly Cathy seems alert "do you hear something?" she begins to slowly feel her way towards the back of the hold, but its gonna take her a while without help.

Nessa and Lea
Lancelot who can see both the ditto and the back of the boat sends you two a message the boat is exhausting some off color smoke. the ditto must be exploiting this as an attempt at a distraction... the trubbish as now climbed on the roof of the back structure and appears to be panicking as it waves a piece of paper at the smoke. Is this type of behavior normal for him?

The ditto begins to panic. it points at the ball nessa pulled out and flails wildly as if to say "hurry!"

MintyNinja
2013-04-13, 02:20 PM
"Here, I'll guide you," Zack says as he reaches for Cathy's arm. If she allows him, he'll help lead her to wherever she wants to go.

planswalker
2013-04-13, 02:35 PM
"No, that's not... let's hurry up and ball this prankster so we can find out what's going on."

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-13, 02:56 PM
Nessa presses the pokeball into the ditto. This better work.

If I need a capture roll
But only if I REALLY need one.No peeking if its an auto capture![roll]1d100+5

EDIT: apparently I screwed up code, so let me know if I need to roll in the OOC

Major
2013-04-13, 05:28 PM
"Well then, perhaps we can figure out what I mean somewhere else." Rebecca says.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-13, 08:36 PM
Lucius nods, turning to face the juggler, and says, "Alright... you've helped me out, so I'll at least listen to what you want, though no promises beyond that."

passinglurker
2013-04-14, 01:13 PM
Zack
she braces herself expecting to worse but doesn't shrink or try to run, and when you grab her arm she seems very relieved if still a little uneasy. She has you take her to the back of the hold. Back there she presses up against the back wall and listens "do you hear it? the giggling? a lot of it?"

Nessa and Rebecca
Its caught, but it doesn't beam away and there is an error message from the control panel "Chirp! chirp! box system transmission error"

Be ready three puffs of smoke have separated from the main column, and they are not moving like smoke... they are coming this way

Rebecca
Gustov's detective senses kick in and he leads you into a spacious janitors closet "No camera's in here unlike the dressing rooms that most rookies make the mistake of using, and Gustov blends right in here too!" he resumes his trashcan disguise.

Lucius
"I'm investigating things related to the incident on fornice. I've tracked the group responsible to dojodo, nadrin, and now here each place until here things were collected, but not here which leads me to believe they are either still looking for something, or this is where the pieces come together. Along the way I have repeatedly ran into you and your crew, and I learned that your deceased benefactor has been at odds with the group I'm investigating in the past. That bit and the stunt your swablu pulled leaves me inclined to believe you know more about whats going on than me, and I would very much appreciate it if you would tell me what you believe this group could be looking for or doing on this island." He is dressed in a more formal fashion than usual though he still kept his leather hat. He is also missing his gloves revealing his ring which has the same symbol the SWISS official on dojodo had

Major
2013-04-14, 02:13 PM
"I'm told you would know the science of something very important to me." Rebecca says. "The Ambrosia I was referring to was about advanced typing and elemental manipulation or something. According to my source, you know the science of the methods used on me or something and I apparently need to learn how my powers work and how to make them manifest. Sound familiar? Are you ex-Aqua or ex-Magma or something?"

BluesEclipse
2013-04-14, 04:07 PM
Lucius thinks for a moment, before answering, "I'll be honest with you - I'm not the best person to ask about that. My sister's the one who's doing most of the work in tracking Grilles down, I'm just here to provide some added power if needed. As for what Voltaire did... I didn't even know he COULD use Thunder... and I didn't realize he was using it for some specific purpose." Sighing, he continues, "Let me get a message to Rebecca, see where she's at - it'll be her decision on what to tell you, since like I said, she's the one actually doing the investigating."

Pulling out his Pokedex, he types out a quick message to Rebecca. -Met someone else who's apparently tracking team eternal - the guys from Mall Street Rumble, if you remember them, are apparently undercover in some way. You want to see what you can put together with what they know?-

MintyNinja
2013-04-14, 04:42 PM
"I'm not sure. Maybe your hearing is better than mine," Zack says as he tries to listen through the walls.

Wis [roll0]

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-14, 08:16 PM
Nessa shoves the pokeball down the ... usual place and turned to Lea. Let's move.

Assuming Lea agreed, Nessa led the way through the ship. She sped their progress by opening doors before she got to them, mentally clearing away spare trash away from their feet, and moving chairs out of their path.

passinglurker
2013-04-15, 03:10 AM
Rebecca
"This is Disturbing to Gustov" says the talking trash can "While he is certainly no aqua or magma it would seem that his knowledge of the eevee species and how they are influenced by the elements has been exploited for something potentially nefarious... on the other hand its nothing an equally accessible researcher doesn't already know... ok Gustov will share what heWAIT! did you say YOUR powers? as in you are saying you are the result of some sort of experiment?"

Lucius
he raises an eye brow "Well lets forget about the bird for a moment its behavior is odd but it doesn't seem to ultimately pertain to the investigation. I'm primarily interested in the reasons why something is happening to get to the heart of a problem, and I normally leave tangling with the pawns like this Grille guy to the cops. That being said we're effectively on the same team and time maybe of the essence are you sure you can't share an opinion as to what is going on without checking with a shipmate?"

Zack (alone with a girl in a private guest bedroom)
You don't hear anything, but the noise of the engine "Its like an upset giggle like someone is sad or angry and they are forcing themselves to laugh to try and feel better" says Cathy with an ear to the wall "Either way it needs some comfort..." she then cups her hangs around her mouth and says into the wall gentally "There there its alright. Don't cry we can help you..." she lets out a string of this and then says to you "well come on say something comforting the more people it hears it from the better"

Nessa (and Lea if she follows)
(OOC the following assumptions are made...

by going through the ship your going down stairs, and leaving lancelot to drive in the wheel house
based on the stuff you expected to move with your mind I expect you're headed for the breeding area

sorry if I get it completely wrong)

When you reach the breeding area you see that Zack and Cathy are not there but the door to the guest bedroom in the back is closed so they could be there. What is in the breeding area is the three puffs of smoke. They were all hiding just out of view of the door so you don't see them until your in the room. You can tell they are colored dark orange, and are double team images though the identity of who is making the images is elusive just like how that book earlier was elusive to your powers. Before losing momentum by hitting the breaks at what you see one rushes up, and makes physical contact with you. You have a very strange penetrating cold sensation as everything that is not biologically a part of you or inside you seems to phase through you(actually you are phasing through it), falls to the floor, and is scattered into the room a bit by your momentum. another puff of smoke moves towards where ever the contents of your... "usual place" flew off to.

(MORE OOC: this is not a normal use of phasing what ever is doing this is unique. attempts to recreate this with more mundane pokemon will result in injury or death. speaking of which since this is involuntary phasing there is no risk of insta-death but becoming tangible in solid matter still hurts as the atoms sort them selves in a way that doesn't leave things fused together)

MintyNinja
2013-04-15, 09:45 AM
Not sure of what to say, Zack simply takes Cathy's word on it and says, "It's alright. We can help. I'm big and strong and she's a very nice person. You can come out now."

Major
2013-04-15, 09:58 AM
"Apparently, according to the source." Rebecca says with a sigh, "And please don't tell anyone. I only told you because the person who told me mentioned you knew things. They specifically told me not to tell anyone or my mom would die. Rebecca adds, "All I know is there was some research program or something and I have some connection to the elements and need to learn to use it or somebody else close to me is in danger. I was told that you know, quote 'some of the science of the methods used on you'. End quote."

planswalker
2013-04-15, 10:22 PM
Lea follows close behind Nessa and responds to this situation by summoning Cabbages and having him bite at the thing that made Nessa naked.

"Why can't we seem to keep our clothes on in this ship?" she asks, mildly irritated.

Cabbage comes out with a savage roar and bites the designated target.

[roll0]
[roll1]

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-16, 12:07 AM
Nessa shrugged. As long as Lucius wasn't around she was alright with being naked.

They're double teams, so one hit should vanish them. Protect whatever it is they're going after.

She released Whisp, and shot out a blast of psychic energy at one of the blobs not targeted, while Whisp did her own psychic attack on the last.

[roll]Extrasensory [roll0]. AC 2 [roll1]

Confusion [roll2]AC 2 [roll3]

BluesEclipse
2013-04-17, 02:35 AM
Lucius shrugs, and answers, "I can offer a bit of information - but like I said, I'm not entirely sure how it all ties together. Anyway... first off, I don't know what these guys are looking for here, or if this is where things come together. I do know that they were after Glen - we stopped them from taking him back on Grille island. They also wanted something related to a specific Castform - not sure what, but things changed so that they won't be using that plan. Don't ask for details, it's complicated, and I don't understand all of it myself. You know, of course, that they also had something to do with the ship going down back on Fornice..." Lucius sighs, before continuing, "but what they hoped to accomplish there is beyond me. The last thing I can tell you is this: whatever they're hoping to accomplish, MissingNo is involved - if you don't know what that is, then that tells me you probably shouldn't be getting involved in things here any further."

passinglurker
2013-04-18, 06:33 PM
OOC: writers block... actually got to the point of considering quitting... but instead I'm just gonna hit a reset button and learn from my mistakes of writing myself into a corner.

Breeding Area Battle
The attacks are ineffective your opponents are abusing advanced phasing powers (they are tangible at the beginning of every round and go intangible after they move. they had surprise this round.)

Zack
You hear Lea, and Rebecca talking and battling the doubles in the room behind you. You then hear an unearthly retort like sound come from behind the wall, and Cathy responds to it "Look I know how it feels to get so upset and wrapped up in something that you get carried away, and do something wrong, and then not want to admit your fault, and take it further just to prove your right. I almost decided to potentially psychically eat someone's brain today cause I want proof my brother really tried to kill them, but go that far doesn't work. It never works. If you just calm down it will be alright I promise" there is another retort sound and she begins to phase through the wall, and completely surprised she screams "AKK! No! You could kill me!"

"VWORP!"(in a ghostly, ethernal, cathy like fashion)

Nessa
Its clear to you reality has forcibly shifted again though its a bit more nauseating this time. The smoke is gone, Your dressed again, and you have a memory where when you saw the ditto you threw the ball right away, and it was a catch... and for some reason you decided to come down to the breeding area... who ever shifted reality wasn't as through as Uber-steven

Lea
Your braid is full length again. your recent memories have been replaced you with a memory where when nessa saw the ditto she threw the ball right away, and it was a catch... and for some reason you decided to come down to the breeding area...

Zack
You were in a sort of "eye of the storm" so you remember all the stuff. Cathy is huddled in the middle of the room looking very scared like a who had just been caught and was in big trouble.

Lucius
"I was aware of missingno... I guess we will just wait for your friend"

Rebecca
"ah in that case I will need to get some slides from my lecture on eevees to illustrate this. meet me back at the grooming shop and I will educate you on all I know of elemental energy"(you may open the pokeball now)

MintyNinja
2013-04-18, 07:10 PM
"Cathy... are you okay? Can you tell me what happened?" Zack asks as nicely as he can. He didn't feel any different, but he sensed something important had happened.

OOC: I understand Writer's Block all too well. If you ever feel the need to quit, know that I won't hold it against you. Especially not after how I handled Dusk Island.

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-18, 08:52 PM
Nessa turned to Lea with a confused look on her face. Why did we come down here again?

planswalker
2013-04-18, 09:28 PM
"Um... to see if your new ditto would like to befriend someone lonely tonight?"

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-18, 09:43 PM
Nessa shook her head. No. I'm not going to trust him to be out of his ball unsupervised for a while. Nessa wracked her brains to try and remember what had happened.

We'll just forget about it then. Call it a haunted ghost ship or something. I'm going to go see how long we have until landfall. Want to come?

BluesEclipse
2013-04-18, 09:54 PM
Lucius thinks for a moment, before saying, "Right... thinking about it, it's probably a bad idea to discuss this here, anyway."

Major
2013-04-18, 11:39 PM
"Will do." Rebecca says with a nod before she turns to leave. As she leaves and heads back to the main area, she sees the message from Lucius and hesitates. On one hand she did want to find more information on Grilles. On the other hand, her mom had given her a task and she didn't want to disappoint.

She sends a reply, -See if you can find out what they know. Unless they are officers or rangers, I don't think they should be pursuing Team Eternal. However, at the moment I have to follow another lead. If they are willing to wait, I'll gladly meet with them.- She replies wishing she could prove mom was alive and rub it in Lucius's face. However, she both lacked evidence and couldn't according to what she'd been told.

Suddenly, she remembered the pokeball she'd been given and quickly opened it. She would meet with Gustov after she saw the present.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-19, 02:36 PM
Lucius sees Rebecca's message and replies, -They're willing... and they know about MissingNo. Probably wise to meet soon, but I'll talk to them first.- Turning his attention back to the man from the band, he says, "She's checking up on something else, but agrees with the idea of sharing information. Do you have any place more private for this conversation?"

passinglurker
2013-04-19, 03:16 PM
Zack
she nods at being alright and she nods at being able to tell you what happened, but its a while before she says anything. When she does speak she sounds more tired than before and in a bit of pain "I... sorta made it... fumble I guess... It wanted to pull me through the wall but it seemed so upset I didn't think it could do it safely so I... I don't really know what I did I just didn't want to die and I... made that happen? changed things? its really hard to describe its like flipping a coin and making it land on heads every time but not with telekinesis... more like fating it to land on heads... Ironwood said I had to hide that I could do that...."

Rebecca
*Flash of light*
Who's that Pokemon?
*commercial break*
Its!...
A stunning beauty of a pokemon appears before you as the temperature in the room drops a few degrees, and the mystery pokemon suddenly turns to face you and smiles with a wink as if it was being introduced on a stage. Kuro's jaw drops to the floor at the sight of her. She strolls over to you with unrivaled poise and elegance, and her icy coat glimmers, and shines as she moves. When she is close he gives you a bow as if to introduce herself as your dex registers... Glaceon. The last of the known eevolutions.

Lucius
"I've pulled some string and taken the appropriate measures to ensure the relative privacy of our conversation... you'd be surprised what you can do with a few whismer a crowded room, and a knack for mind games, no one will pay any mind to us. what I was hoping was that you or your crew mate knew what they could possibly want from this place it has been a bit of a dead end for me because soon after I arrived their movements became incoherent and sporadic as if they are trying to hide what they are following or looking for... I guess they don't want an undercover gymleader taking their toy's away" says the juggler with a shrug.

Nessa/Lea
contrary to earlier calculations you will arrive at your destination in a few hours(2-3 hours) it will be after sunset by then.

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-19, 03:21 PM
Nessa is content to simply drive the ship and enjoy nature until they doc at their new local.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-19, 03:29 PM
Lucius nods, thinking for a moment before he answers, "That's just it. We don't know what it is that they're doing here." Sighing, he continues, "Once before, they set their plan into motion on Dojodo island. They practically shut the island down by using the snow machines to make an artificial blizzard, and summoned a rainbow Castform there. They then tried to turn it into... well, I'm guessing they either tried to use it to summon MissingNo or tried turning it into an avatar of MissingNo, using a modification of some of the machinery there. We fought them... and somehow, a massive amount of glitch power was released, causing reality to rewrite itself. Meaning that it never actually happened, though things that were directly affected by the glitch energy - such as the Castform - are taking a bit longer to recover.

The change also means that these people - Team Eternal, I suppose they're calling themselves - are pursuing something different now. They apparently still took some parts from the snow machines on Dojodo, stuff they used before... but I'm pretty sure they need the rainbow Castform specifically, and it's out of their reach for the moment. Aside from that... I know they're apparently after some famous contest personality called Hauntress - not sure why, though. Beyond that, I'm not sure what exactly they're trying to accomplish here. Anything you might know about them that might help us put it together?"

Major
2013-04-19, 04:20 PM
If there were any doubts before on if her mom wanted her to enter more contests, they were cleared just then. Her mom had given her an extremely beautiful pokemon that seemed to be very social and perfect for contests, the only downside was that Rebecca wasn't. However, hopefully she could get better and not ruin this amazing gift.

Rebecca knew her primary goal should be Team Eternal and Grilles, but with a chance to impress her mom, her motivation shifted more towards contests and figuring out her powers. She'd still hunt down Grilles, obviously, but it felt good to finally have another goal.

A huge smile crossed Rebecca's face and she quickly wiped her eyes to stop the tears of happiness that were building up there. Her mom hadn't abandoned her, had gotten her a gift, and was trusting her with an important job to stop some people. She didn't know if these people were Team Eternal or somebody else, but either way she wasn't going to let her mom down.

Rebecca hugged the new eevee and after a few brief introductions she headed to meet Gustov.

MintyNinja
2013-04-19, 05:03 PM
"Well that's weird. Last time that happened Nessa was the only one to remember the whole thing," Zack said. "But I remember everything fine..." He shakes his head to clear it and in a lighter tone he adds, "That doesn't matter. The thing is, I'm still here to protect you and the ship is still moving. That's good enough for me."

planswalker
2013-04-19, 07:49 PM
Lea declines, wishing to get things in order for tonight's breeding funhouse party.

passinglurker
2013-04-19, 09:06 PM
Lucius
"Hauntress..." the man ponders this name "Also know as Catherine Mcjones..." he has pulled out a dex and appears to be going over some information "aaaand sister to Harry Mcjones who's mysterious behavior lead me fornice where I was ultimately taken off his case and reassigned the team eternal case... interesting how this begins to fit together... on one hand she is a psychic just like going after glen they could just be after a source of telepathy and such for thier body snatching agents... but a good amount of of information on her seems to be classified... I'll have to go file some requests for security clearance with my colleagues actually this could be big and knowing why they want her would tell us to what lengths they would go to get her. If I piece anything together I will contact you again." he turns to leave but then pauses and looks at the hat he gave you on fornice "you know what why don't you come with? you might learn a thing or two about surviving below the radar."

Rebecca
You arrive back at the upper room of the shop there is a slide projector set up and a note from Gustov Sorry but one of Gustov's clients had an emergency grooming situation (lots of gum involved) these slides should tell you everything the first slide presently illuminating the screen says...

Elemental energy and its influence on life
(especially Eevee's)

Zack
She sits up "Something like this has happened to you before? and Nessa remembers the whole thing!? Ugh head hurts... I'm going to save thinking about that for later, but I will say. You probably remember because events that specifically happened to you didn't change that much, and you got lucky. Every time I do that fumble thing things change from the way they were before in unexpected ways, and Its scary cause I don't know what changed and the changes I make are oftentimes half done and kind of screwy... You don't have to stand so far away you know" she pats the floor next to her as if to invite you to sit next to her "I'm sorry for accusing you of stuff earlier if it was you more of it would have happened by now... and I could really use some one to lean against right now that I know didn't get influenced by my powers... kinda like a kid needing a stuffed animal or a night light..."

Lea
the detail of how you prepare might be relevant

Nessa
driving is boring thankfully we'll probably reach land next post or the one after

BluesEclipse
2013-04-19, 09:24 PM
Lucius thinks for a moment before replying, "Sure thing... though... that ring you're wearing. I've seen something like it before... what's the symbol supposed to mean?" He follows the other man as he talks.

MintyNinja
2013-04-19, 11:53 PM
Zack sits down beside Cathy, glad to be of some use. All these psychics and their problems, there was really little that he could do outside of a fight. "No problem."

Major
2013-04-20, 12:56 AM
Rebecca sighs. She would have preferred to talk to Gustov, but if this helped it wouldn't matter. She hit the play button and waited.

passinglurker
2013-04-20, 11:50 AM
Lucius
"It is an ancient symbol representing stability many people who dedicate themselves to maintaining peace, stability, order, and justice in the world wear this symbol. Though to some its just a quasi-religious trinket." answers the man. It seems you are being lead back to his boat.

Zack
She hugs your arm leans her head against your shoulder and promptly dozes off sitting up supported by you. As she drifts deeper into sleep she murmurs "sorry if this is awkward... Wake me up when we reach land..."

Rebecca
the gist of the slide show is this...

WALL OF TEXT!
Everything boils down to comprehension and imagination.
There are two degrees of comprehending an element first degree opens a door for imagination to manipulate it which usually manifests as moves and capabilities.
The second degree is where type resistance, and weaknesses come into play and is a point where the comprehension is so deep it is defineing who the lifeform is.
Through evolution stones, or slowly overtime Eevee's adaptive and influenceable minds come to naturally comprehend certain elements in their environment. Theoretically more than the seven known Eevolutions's are possible though they are so rare they have not been given a spices designation yet.
What imagination does is it defines what can be done with the elemental energy. Theoretically anything is possible limited only by the users ability to suspend their subconscious disbelief.
Unfortunately most brains can't perform all the necessary processing to do anything and everything so they are usually limited to a more limited bag of tricks. These tricks are usually known as certain moves, capabilities, and abilities.
The subconsious limits of the mind are also why pokemon don't have more than two types or learn more than 7 moves naturally.
Some mons find a focus to be a useful aid because they feel the items connection with the element and as a result subconsciously expand their comprehension in the items presence.
There is a Blank here as if the projector turned off or as if the slide is obstructed.
In a more human example a ranger styler could be considered a focus especially with how it taps the rangers mind and strength allowing them to subconsciously project their imagination to send feelings of friendship when they would other wise consider it to be impossible.

The Boat.
A few hours of sailing and your finally at Rosrise its after sunset so there is not much to see of the expansive rural-ish island at the moment, but the port seems to be busy with a vibrant night life.

Zack again
Before you even know you've docked Cathy stirs, and says half conscious "*yawn*Thanks I feel better now. Are you hungry? I know a nice psychic friendly french ninja restaurant with an attached battling ring to take everyone too on this island, and I figure I should do something to make up for the stress I've caused...." moments later the engine shuts off signalling you have arrived at your destination.

MintyNinja
2013-04-20, 12:11 PM
Zack sits still as Cathy leans against him for the final leg of the trip. He didn't mind so much, he was just glad she felt comfortable. When she awoke and mentioned the restaurant, his stomach rumbled, "Yeah, that sounds great. But I think one of the girls should help you get dressed in more than a long bathrobe before we go out in public, eh?"

passinglurker
2013-04-20, 12:43 PM
Zack
She blushes slightly as reality catches up with her, and she draws the robe tighter "Yeah that would be awkward..." she telekinetically retrieves one of her pokeballs only to frown at it and put it back "*sigh* My pokemon are still upset... If only I knew what really happened earlier maybe I could get them to calm down faster... Sorry to keep asking you for help, but can you just have one of them bring me something casual to wear? the place isn't overly classy or anything like that. Oh and I think I left that wig upstairs its probably best if it isn't obvious to everyone who I am, and the white hair is kinda a give away"

MintyNinja
2013-04-20, 01:35 PM
"Sure thing," Zack says as he stands up. "You wait right here and I'll send someone down." Zack leaves the room and almost jumps in surprise when he sees Lea there. "Hey, how you feeling? Um, since we're arriving safely and all, Cathy wants to bring us to a restaurant that she knows. It's Psychic friendly and there's a battling ring attached. Could you help her find some casual clothes and a wig?"

OOC: Assuming that Lea still came downstairs.

Major
2013-04-20, 06:13 PM
Rebecca tries to follow the entire thing, but finds it a bit strange. If she understood the slides right then imagination was the big thing. But if people could just "imagine" using super attacks then everybody would have powers.

Why would they need to do an experiment if she just needed imagination? Apparently whatever had been done to Lucius had worked. He could just toss elements around. The styler comment was interesting, because with the right stone she could channel a different type of hyperbeam. Still, she'd acredited that to the abilities of the styler, not herself. Anybody should be able to fire it if they had it.

She moved over to the slide projector to try and check the blank slot, curious if she'd missed something important, because right now it seemed silly. She couldn't just think "fire" and make fire appear.

planswalker
2013-04-21, 12:14 AM
"Sure thing," Zack says as he stands up. "You wait right here and I'll send someone down." Zack leaves the room and almost jumps in surprise when he sees Lea there. "Hey, how you feeling? Um, since we're arriving safely and all, Cathy wants to bring us to a restaurant that she knows. It's Psychic friendly and there's a battling ring attached. Could you help her find some casual clothes and a wig?"

OOC: Assuming that Lea still came downstairs.

"Sure thing! I'll have an outfit ready pronto...

As for a wig, uh, I'll go scrounge around, see if I can find one that would look good on her."

Lea puts together a lilac ensemble of slacks, blouse, and belt from among her clothes and then searches in the junk pile for a wig.

"Edgar, if you can hear me, I'd really appreciate some help finding a wig for our guest. Treat-level appreciative." Lea says, shamelessly bribing the helpful little guy to try to remain his favorite.

[roll0]

MintyNinja
2013-04-21, 12:17 AM
Once Lea agrees Zack heads up to the wheelhouse to watch the docking. Little things like that he needed to learn in order to free up time for Nessa and Lucius. "How are we doing up here?" he asks the psychic. "Cathy wants to bring us to a restaurant, psychic-friendly she promised. It has an attached battle ring as well. Thoughts?"

BluesEclipse
2013-04-21, 12:30 AM
Lucius nods, and answers, "Hmm... go figure. Makes sense, I suppose - Is it somehow significant to have it on a ring? The guy back at the SWISS office on Dojodo had the same kind of ring."

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-21, 12:37 AM
Sure. Psychic friendly is always nice, and I'd like to test out Delphi in an official battle.

MintyNinja
2013-04-21, 12:39 AM
"Good. Lea's getting her some clothes now, we should be all set when we dock," Zack says. He continues to watch the process of slowing down the ship and making note of what needs to be done in the wheelhouse to do it.

passinglurker
2013-04-21, 03:40 PM
Rebecca
There are scraps of paper over a few slides removing them reveals slides about type aces vs. psychics with elemental powers. it says they comprehend their element the same way but that they have different abilities, and talents because of what they subconsciously believe is possible deep down inside. it also says that this subconscious under pinning is very difficult to overcome and remove because the behavior of the world around them is always reinforcing this subconscious belief in the laws of physics. The slide then mention as if in joking that a mind would have to be artificially mentally conditioned since conception to be capable of anything new that the world has not already seen.

The pieces of paper also have small notes written on them... these are probably not from Gustov.

Most of this is theoretical out of box thinking hogwash...

but it still served as inspiration for your phase of Ambrosia...

what you need to take away is...

There is no instruction manual...

and you need to have an open mind...

"well this seems to be a waste of time" comments steven "Gustov is no scientist, and its so vague I don't really see how any of that is going to help us... I'm pretty sure the world doesn't run off imagination otherwise I would have turned into a almost Glaceon when I tried to back on nadrin, but for some reason I simply can't see watch..." he focuses and then spasms and the tips of his fur turn light blue with an icy sheen and he is honestly surprised by the result.

Lucius
"He is a colleague of mine many people who take upon them selves this calling coordinates their efforts to counter act equally coordinated groups that seek to cause instability like team eternal. Though I wouldn't go blabbing that to everyone if I were you. You see any such effort needs to maintain adequate cover and secrecy for their own safety, and the safety of the public if everything was out in the open there would be a dangerous escalation of violence due to there being no need to hold back. Understand?" at the docks the juggler and a person on a boat in the distance exchange subtle hand signals before he continues moving "all clear no one is watching the boat at the moment."

Lea
Edgar hops down from the ceiling with a Trubbish equivalent to "TA-DA!" and holding a Rebecca styled wig in one hand and a big rainbow Afro wig in the other.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-21, 03:51 PM
Lucius nods and continues following, answering, "I can imagine - it would probably cause a bit of a panic if everything became public, anyway."

Major
2013-04-21, 04:55 PM
"So...I'm a bit confused, but this project thing that mom mentioned seems like it involved conditioning me and Lucius...but since I disappeared they weren't able to do that?" Rebecca asks confused, "So that would mean I wouldn't have powers, but if they canceled the program than Lucius shouldn't either. This is weird..."

Rebecca says rubbing her temple as Steven's fur changes. "But if this is true then I should be able to say "fire" and think really hard about fire appearing. But...I doubt I can do that."

passinglurker
2013-04-29, 01:16 AM
Lea
Like Zack Cathy is surprised to see you, but she quickly says "Oh uh? I'm glad to see you're ok... Before you try to explain anything that happened on the trip here I'de just like to say that I just want to get through dinner without craziness or arguments about my brother so I'm just going to pretend that nothing happened until tomorrow ok?" she doesn't seem mad at you or anything like that. Regardless of what wig you pick that Edgar found Cathy with accept it and change behind closed doors before having you lead her to the others.

Zack and Nessa
When Lea shows up guiding Cathy the blind girl will switch from having Lea guide her to Zack. "So are we ready to go? and has anyone here been to a french(or unamed gen VI region) ninja restaurant before?"

Just Zack unless Nessa is skimming Cathy or Zack's Minds
When Cathy takes you by the arm she telepathically messages you Just so we can get through the evening with out craziness angst or arguments. I'm going to forget about the trip here till tomorrow, and its probably best if we didn't tell them about the giggling behind the wall, or me rewriting space and time until then either ok?

Rebecca
Steven hops up and looks at the slides and notes "The notes say this was the inspiration for your phase of of the project. that means to me that they could have done different stuff to Lucius. Maybe they were slowly progressing by making one super powered kid, learning from it, and applying what they figure out to the next one along with new stuff to try out to see what happens... speaking of thinking of fire..." he looks over at the Glaceon "what do you think of (as in whats the first thing that pops into your head) when you think of a element like fire or Ice?"

Lucius
On the deck of his boat the juggler stops you from following him inside "Sorry this will just take a minute. Due to security clearances and stuff I can't have you looking over my shoulder as I request and read the file" while you wait for him the mall street rumble break dancing girl gives you a wave and says "yo how you been?"(forgot color I origionally used)

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-29, 08:29 AM
Eh why not?

Nessa nearly jerked the controls of the boat when she heard Cathy's mind. She still didn't' trust her, and had delved into the girls mind as soon as she had walked into the door. She didn't know about this giggling behind a wall, but rewriting reality? Who the muk was this girl?

No, I can't say I have. I take it there are ninjas there?

passinglurker
2013-04-29, 11:08 AM
Nessa
Cathy perceptive in unique ways as usual seams to pickup on your near jerking. or at least it seems that ways cause the next thing that pops into her head(as in NOT directed at you in any way) is.

Cathy's random thoughtsdang she heard that didn't she?... aaaand she probably heard that too... and that... errr I should read her mind and check I guess. No that would be rude after all the stress I've caused... Dang I really want to ask her about what Zack said about her mem-Gah no Cathy stop! She might be listening(I really should have learned how to play voltorb flip), and thinking about that is just going to start another argument... Come on focus. nice dinner, get everyone happy, save questions for tomorrow. nice dinner, get everyone happy, save questions for tomorrow. nice dinner, get everyone happy, save questions for tomorrow... she for the most part seems to be focused on repeating those words over and over to herself now if you continue you listening.

As her brain rambles to itself she explains what a french ninja restaurant is (http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff1100/fv01077.htm) out loud "Well not ninjas exactly. They are all actually former gaffers, stunt doubles, and a couple martial artist action movie stars. The premise of the restaurant is unlike a high class restaurant where the luxury atmosphere and waiter are all in your face and distracting they instead make the food the main attraction by being so unobstructive the waiter is effectively invisible, and for those who want to be distracted they also have a second dining room with a very entertaining battling ring in the middle of it." She gives an uneasy smile as if getting a table in that hall was a guilty pleasure of her's.

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-29, 12:20 PM
I'll stop. Sorry for intruding. Nessa says before turning telepathy off.

Sounds like fun. I need to work on my battling skills. Out of the group, I'm probably the one who pulls my weight the least as far as training goes.

MintyNinja
2013-04-29, 01:39 PM
"Sounds like I would have a place to work if this Ironwood thing wraps up a little too soon," Zack says with a smile. In response to Cathy's mental comments directed at him, he pictured a paint brush writing out the words:

OKAY. SOUNDS GOOD.
:smallsmile:

Major
2013-04-29, 02:20 PM
"I think of various eevees. Glaceon, Flareon, etc. I'm a big fan of them as you know." Rebecca replies, "All this seems to imply is that Lucius succeeded, they tried something new with me and my disappearing canceled it. So...I don't have powers then?"

planswalker
2013-04-29, 08:56 PM
Lea
Edgar hops down from the ceiling with a Trubbish equivalent to "TA-DA!" and holding a Rebecca styled wig in one hand and a big rainbow Afro wig in the other.

Lea accepts both, figuring she'll let their guest decide.

"Well, color me doubly impressed. Would you like two treats, one for each wig?"

When she of course receives the positive, she'll go and fetch Edgar two treats and give them to him. "I think it's only fair that you did double the task so get double the treats, don't you?"

That accomplished, Lea will take the two wigs back to the clothes she's picked out. She'll wear the rainbow afro and take the other wig and the outfit to Cathy.

edit:

"Hm... a cafe that tries to avoid having their waiters be seen? Sounds fun!"

BluesEclipse
2013-04-30, 12:05 AM
Lucius smiles at the girl and answers, "Good... been rounding out my roster a bit more - I'm finding myself collecting some rather unique Pokémon. First Voltaire, and now a pretty unique Castform. Calling him Shift for now. How about yourself?"

passinglurker
2013-04-30, 12:26 AM
Boat People
The restaurant is hard to find half due to ninjas and half due to your guide being blind. When you get there it doesn't even look like a restaurant. It actually looks more like an old warehouse with no signage. Inside there is no greeter in the lobby that is separated from the dining halls by two sets of sound proof doors, but instead there are two notes specifically addressed two you're group with directions to your table depending on whether you want to eat in the peaceful dining room or the one with a battle ring smack dab in the middle. Next to the door leading to the battle dining room there are some medical release(they use non-standard rules though not necessarily trainer vs trainer fighting)/trainer information gathering(for pair ups. you don't choose your opponent) forms to fill out if you want to battle in the ring.

Rebecca
"you by default think of elements in terms of eevees, you find them in the oddest places, I couldn't become glaceon-like earlier today, then you got one, and suddenly I could... I think you have unique powers and abilities, but they are probably suppressed or or incomplete in terms of what they were planing judging how all this odd stuff seems to be happening on a subconscious level... so any ideas or theories on how we can consciously harness this?"

Lucius
she calls out a hitmontop a plusie and a minum "about the same as you I guess"

MintyNinja
2013-04-30, 12:30 AM
Zack fills out a Trainer Information Form and signs off on the Medical Release. "Ladies, do we want to eat in the peace or the chaos? I'm fine either way, as long as I can get steak of some sort."

BluesEclipse
2013-04-30, 12:45 AM
Lucius scans the three Pokémon and smiles, saying, "Maybe once I see what... erm... heh. It occurs to me that I never did actually get his name... anyway, once your friend and I are finished with our business here, we can have a match. Would be interesting to see how my team stacks up to yours now."

Major
2013-04-30, 01:12 AM
"I've caught every eevee other than that weird thing you turned into that I'd never heard of. But I can't think of anything really..." She pauses, "Well...maybe, it depends." She says after a moment, "I don't know if my powers are letting me transfer them to you or if its I think of an element and it happens or what?" She says, "If it's think, then maybe I can think of things and find things people haven't heard of before...like that weird thing you turned into. If its capture, then I don't see how letting you swap forms is super great, though it helps."

planswalker
2013-04-30, 01:11 PM
Lea will sign a trainer information form and medical release. "Well, I'm curious to see what it's like to eat while watching a pokemon battle."

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-30, 01:48 PM
Nessa signs whatever forms come under her nose after a quick check to make sure that the restaraunt wasn't swindling her before chiming in. I'm with Lea. Watching battles could be a lot of fun, and we can learn a lot from them. Plus, I want to try my hand at it.

passinglurker
2013-04-30, 07:09 PM
People filling out forms
you all notice there is a section asking whether you would like to participate in matches where trainers can potentially be harmed or deal harm to others. These matches happen later in the evening(I.E. after the people that don't want to get hurt)

Inside is more chaotic than your typical family restaurant though definitely no worse than a bar with a live rock and roll performance. In the center is a plexiglass walled battling field a bit smaller than a regulation field(hence the need for plexiglass otherwise spectators would get hit by stray attacks) at the top is a series of monitors displaying things like instant replays, trainer profiles, current rules and conditions(apparently they change with ever match), and pokemon health. Curiously contest appeal ratings are also being displayed, rather prominently in fact.

You find on your table cheap disposable computer tablets to serve as your menus. The one that looks like a braille keyboard with head phones is obviously meant for Cathy. As you all take your seats the current match ends a trainer with a fainted pidgey pays the wager to a trainer with a rattata. Then curiously the only visible employee(a private nurse cause its required by law to have visible medical personnel) presents the loser with type boosting held item. Looking up at the monitors the reason becomes clear to you. Despite loosing the match he scored a higher appeal rating which decides who wins the restaurant provided prize.

Also it seems your menu's already have recommendations for each of you.

Nessa
Your menu is recommending a teriyaki bowl with a desert of hoenn lava cookies. Which is something you haven't seen in any store or on any menu since you left hoenn.

Zack
Your menu is recommending Steak. they have a variety of sauces to go with it

Lea
Your menu is recommending a vegetarian pizza. there is what you would expect for customizable toppings if you choose to tweak it, and one unexpected topping, parasect shrooms along with clear warnings about allergies and consuming responsibly.

Lucius
"Everybody here just refers to him as Mr. Smithers. He is a bit paranoid about sharing his name actually, bur He'll tell you his whole name if he feels its necessary, or if he has enough dirt on someone to discourage them from going around blabbing. and yeah we can have a match later." she looks around and then whispers to you "we can't peek, but he mumbles as he reads do you wanna listen over his shoulder?" (OOC: warning if you roll bad trying this you could get in big trouble)

Rebecca
"Well lets not worry about how it works and just focus on what we know happens and from there figure out stuff to try through trial and error... I know who can help! scooter! he seems to know ranger gear well and his dad is an artificer. between the two of the they can probably come up with a way or two to tweak the styler to tap your elemental connection instead of your feelings to do useful stuff"

MintyNinja
2013-04-30, 09:14 PM
Zack signs up for a Full Contact Trainer Battle. He needed the exercise and he'd been cooped up on the ship for a little too long for his liking. At the table Zack's face splits into a wide grin when he sees the highlighted selections. He orders an appetizer of Spicy Steak Bites and for an entree he picks the Prime Bouffalant Cut. A cup of coffee as well, so as to not water down the taste of the food.

CosmicOccurence
2013-04-30, 09:21 PM
Nessa also signs up for a full contact battle. She ignores the suggestion of Teryaki and got chicken and wild rice soup instead. For a drink, she got milk with a little bit of honey.

Major
2013-04-30, 11:52 PM
"Yeah, I guess. Still, what do I do? Walk up and say 'Hey I might be able to bend the elements, fix my styler?'." Rebecca asks. "Still, I can figure that out in a second. Guess we should tell Lucius that the lead is on hold and come up with an excuse to go back and see Scooter."

BluesEclipse
2013-05-01, 12:08 AM
Lucius thinks for a moment before answering, "Honestly? I don't see a particular need to right now - after all, he's been up front with me for the most part, and has helped me out more than once. Besides," he continues, "if he is as paranoid as you say, he probably would notice us anyway."

planswalker
2013-05-01, 10:16 PM
Lea will indicate that she does not wish to be directly involved in the battle on her form.

Looking at the options, Lea will decide to go ahead and order the suggested pizza, adding on as many vegetable toppings as she can, and makes sure to request the parasect shrooms as well. She hadn't had a chance to sample the "Big Shwoon" as she used to call them as a little girl since her parents caught her at it and shipped the parasect away. In Lea's opinion, Big Mama's mushrooms were the best food in the world for a growing young girl, and the trips on the shrooms weren't bad either. It'd be a trip down memory lane to sample real, legitimate Parasect Shrooms again.

passinglurker
2013-05-02, 12:20 AM
Dinner battlers
All your forms seem to disappear the moment you take your eyes off them when you are done filling them out.

Cause ninja's know better than to let people on shroom trips into a battling ring as soon as Lea makes her order and well before any food can arrive the monitors flash and display the next pair up. It is a relatively conventional 2v2 match over a swimming pool between Lea and a surprisingly familiar face. That crazy blond breeder you guys met on fornice by the name of Mueki.

Lea
your menu is now giving you instructions on where to go

Rebecca
"err... or we can do what we already committed to do and just give scooter a call when we have time. we probably shouldn't detour to much especially since we have no idea what we are doing and this funny power business could take days to work out."

Lucius
Eventually "Mr. Smithers" returns "Well I think I've worked out how the girl could fit in all this... I can't explain all the details but the good news is she isn't an end game piece in fact the file sheds some doubt on whether she has what are called by my order "Warping abilities" at all. the bad news is if she does have those abilities she could potentially trivialize team E's efforts to create glitches. the only reason she hasn't been grabbed already is because she is famous. An investigation into her disappearance could expose them if they struck without flipping off her spotlight first. What I think we need to do is figure out if Team E is convinced Hauntress is a warper, our approach would be different if they are just watching her to try and figure it out."

BluesEclipse
2013-05-02, 12:32 AM
Lucius nods, and answers, "When you say 'warping abilities'... I assume it's something like the reality-rewriting that I've already experienced?"

Major
2013-05-02, 01:17 AM
"Fair enough." Rebecca says with a nod, "Sorry, I'm just so distracted I'm not thinking clearly. I got to see mom!" She says with a grin. "Let me call Scooter, call Lucius, then we can check if Kuro can find out what this clue thing is."

With that, Rebecca attempted to call Scooter.

planswalker
2013-05-02, 08:32 AM
Surprised at how quickly she has been called up, Lea will follow her tablet's directions.

passinglurker
2013-05-02, 03:25 PM
Lea
Following the directions you find yourself in a prep room with Mueki. She gives an excited wave when she sees you. the menu instructs to work out any voluntarily wagers, or handicaps here before stepping into the ring.

Lucius
"According to the theories warping as its called by my order causes changes and rewrites and happen naturally and usually slowly. Some people can pick up on these changes especially if they're sudden like an kinda like an earthquake. The measurement of this quality to notice and remember these changes as reality transitions is called Transmemory stability. At least in theory some people can artificially induce warping as a form of probability control, but in theory it takes a lot of brain power to comprehend how all the pieces in reality fit together and then to rearrange them in any way that still fits... Well lets just say its very difficult and painful for a conscious mind to do. As a result artificial shifts from most warpers can be obvious. For someone to be able to hide it they would need a transmemory stability score of 100%. Though thats only theoretical no measurement ever take has ranked that high. what makes a warper potentially dangerous is in their own right is their subconscious mind... basically imagine your dreams fears and nightmares slowly becoming reality... so if Team E can brainwash a warper it would only be a matter of time not to mention how the probability control could speed up their other efforts and experiments."

Rebecca
"Hello you've reached scooters phone. you must be calling because either you're to old to think of using more data efficient texting or you wish to convey your emotions with your message. since I'm probably to busy to deal with teen angst and drama at the moment Mary please leave a message after the beep.""Beep!"

Major
2013-05-02, 04:07 PM
"Uhhh Scooter, it's Rebecca. The Special Ops agent that helped you guys out back with the street battling thing. I need to talk with you at some point about a styler upgrade again. It has something to do with tapping into an elemental connection instead of feelings? It's complex, thus the call and not a text. So, yeah. I'll talk with you later I guess?" She says before hanging up.

"I'm not old..." She mumbles before shooting Lucius a text, "Wrapped up with what I'm doing. Where you at?"

BluesEclipse
2013-05-02, 08:25 PM
Lucius nods, keeping the information in mind. He'd have to let Nessa in particular know about this. "I see. And I'm guessing that a higher Transmemory stability would also allow a person to remember more of what originally happened, before things were changed... Makes sense. Anyway, you said you needed to determine if Eternal is just trying to determine if Cathy has the ability, or if they're going after her because they've already confirmed it? Any suggestions on how?" As he speaks, he checks his Pokedex at the beeping, and seeing Rebecca's message quickly responds, -At the docks, on board the Voltug. Talking with an acquaintance of ours who has some other information regarding Grilles and his group.-

planswalker
2013-05-02, 08:42 PM
Lea grins and approaches her fellow breeder.

"Hello there! It looks like we've been paired up to fight a duel. Are there any ground rules for this fight I should be aware of?"

Major
2013-05-03, 06:08 AM
"On the way" Rebecca texts back before heading to the docks and looking for the boat.

passinglurker
2013-05-03, 03:57 PM
Lea
"Well I can't think of any voluntary rules that would be worthwhile so I guess this is just a regular match unless you have something in mind. well besides the bit where all the move we do are also being judged like its a contest so thats something to think about I guess. You want to have a wager for who faints the other first?"

Lucius
"Well did hauntress say anything to you or your crew about actually having such abilities or not, and if she had a solid reason to believe Team E knew, or at least believed that she did?" just then the breakdancer speaks up "heads up some ranger chick is coming close to the boat best to keep it down."

Major
you find the uniquely colored boat

Zack and Nessa
what are you doing and or looking at as you wait?(ninjas can't deliver food if you're just staring at the table)

BluesEclipse
2013-05-03, 04:01 PM
Lucius responds, "I can't think of anything..." At the dancer's words, he then looks out over the side of the boat and says, "Ah. And there's Rebecca. Like I mentioned before, she might know a bit more about what Eternal's after here - plus, she's the one who first met Cathy and agreed to help her out, so she'd know if Cathy mentioned anything about those powers or not."

CosmicOccurence
2013-05-03, 04:11 PM
Nessa spends her time watching the battles ongoing or chatting easily with her friends.

Eventually, she sent a text to Lucius realizing they hadn't been in contact since he left to join rebecca.

What are you and Rebbeca up to?

passinglurker
2013-05-03, 04:15 PM
Lucius and Rebecca
"Oh uhhh.... you can come up then." she seems embarrassed at her slight screw up as she invites Rebecca aboard(OOC wis checks please)

BluesEclipse
2013-05-03, 04:31 PM
Checking his Pokedex as he sees the message from Nessa, he types out a brief reply. -Rebecca and I are still following up leads on Grilles and Team Eternal... we may have a better idea of why they're after Cathy soon.-

MintyNinja
2013-05-03, 05:14 PM
Zack is sitting still. So still in fact that he seems to vanish from sight.

Vanish AC 16 [roll0]

Major
2013-05-03, 07:28 PM
"Thanks," Rebecca says as she walks aboard.

Wis check
[roll0]

passinglurker
2013-05-03, 07:52 PM
Lucius
Its subtle but it almost seems like for reasons unknown that the break dancer was faking being embarrassed.

Rebecca
Mr. Smithers fills you in, and gives you the same question about what Cathy has already told you.

Nessa and Zack
As Nessa chats with Cathy (the only person not playing the "I am invisible game") a Jock like male in a lettermans jacket walks up to the table and says "why hello ladies" *does something cool with his hair* "are you two alone this evening?"

CosmicOccurence
2013-05-03, 10:34 PM
- Anything interesting happen? -

planswalker
2013-05-04, 12:08 PM
Lea

"How about $2000?"

passinglurker
2013-05-05, 12:03 PM
Lea
"sure"
And with that you both take separate paths and step into the ring. A large raised pool/aquarium with windowed sides has been set up between you two and unlike accommodating water gyms overland movement is effectively prohibited due to there being no platforms floating in the water. Your pokemon must either swim or fly.

Mueki calls out a shiny dratini its probably a decedent of the dragonair you saw her use in Fornice. (unlike contests there is no introduction phase in this contest/battle arrangement so shininess doesn't generate appeal)

Major
2013-05-05, 02:30 PM
"As far as I recall, all she mentioned was that she saw them in dreams and then reality and they followed her around and watched her." Rebecca says, "I'm not fully away of anything since she arrived at our ship so I can't say much there."

planswalker
2013-05-05, 05:16 PM
Lea
"sure"
And with that you both take separate paths and step into the ring. A large raised pool/aquarium with windowed sides has been set up between you two and unlike accommodating water gyms overland movement is effectively prohibited due to there being no platforms floating in the water. Your pokemon must either swim or fly.

Mueki calls out a shiny dratini its probably a decedent of the dragonair you saw her use in Fornice. (unlike contests there is no introduction phase in this contest/battle arrangement so shininess doesn't generate appeal)

Noting this and glad that a LOT of her team flies, Lea calls out Blooma to get things started.

passinglurker
2013-05-06, 01:42 PM
Lea
Mueki's mon turns out to be faster as she says "Alright she's got the edge on you in experience and evolution it looks like so lets open strong with a dragon rage!" the dratini dives into the pool and quickly surfaces to unleash a burst of draco energy at bluma.

(cause this could potentially OHKO I'll roll it here.)
Dragonrage
AC: [roll0] vs. 2
Damage: flat 40 no weakness, resistence, other reductions, or buffs may alter this.

Siblings
"hmmm... I'm afraid thats not gonna be enough to go off of the scenarios are very different depending on what our enemy knows or what the reality of the situation is. for example If they don't know but plan to make a move soon they're probably planing something life threatening that only a warper can escape to get her to expose her abilities, or if they do believe she does they are probably planing a way to remove her from to spotlight so they can extract her, and neither of those are going to matter if she actually does have those abilities cause whether they actually know are not we will have to treat them like they know cause we can't risk her falling into their hands." as your talking with mr. smithers Rebecca notices Steven and the break dancer are whispering things to each other.

Nessa and Zack
Cathy ignores the jock the same as Nessa but he doesn't give up "Soooo is this seat taken?" not seeing Zack he tries to scoot the seat back to sit down. He must be very athletic cause he actually scoots it back without noticing the extra weight.

CosmicOccurence
2013-05-06, 02:57 PM
Nessa frowned. She didn't like such forward men, and while her attempt to ignore him had failed, it seemed like she needed to be a little more assertive.

I'm afraid that chair is taken. she mentioned in her sickliest sweet voice. Then, she projected more words into his mind as aggressively as she could. Get lost big guy. I'm not in the mood for men at the moment.

MintyNinja
2013-05-06, 03:20 PM
With a quick movement Zack stands right up and faces the jock. "Sir, the ladies wish not to be bothered. If you cannot respect our clientele then we'll ask you to leave." He doesn't smile or blink during this delivery but instead stares straight into the jock's eyes.

OOC: Reminder, Zack is 6'4 and has a shaved head. If that's not at least a little intimidating then hopefully the creepy delivery will help.

Major
2013-05-06, 08:16 PM
"Well, I just tell you what I know. Unless the evidence I've not been able to look at tells me something. But until I get a chance to have Kuro inspect it, I can't say." Rebecca says with a shrug, "What about you? What do you guys know about Team Eternal?" Rebecca asks.

planswalker
2013-05-07, 04:25 PM
Lea
Mueki's mon turns out to be faster as she says "Alright she's got the edge on you in experience and evolution it looks like so lets open strong with a dragon rage!" the dratini dives into the pool and quickly surfaces to unleash a burst of draco energy at bluma.

(cause this could potentially OHKO I'll roll it here.)
Dragonrage
AC: [roll0] vs. 2
Damage: flat 40 no weakness, resistence, other reductions, or buffs may alter this.

friggafraggin' dragon rage...

Round 1 over and done with before it even had a chance to begin, Lea will send out Corton next.

BluesEclipse
2013-05-08, 12:08 AM
Lucius listens to the conversation even as he responds to Nessa. -Won a contest... apparently Voltaire picked up Thunder somewhere. Aside from that, nothing much - I'll let you know if that changes.-

passinglurker
2013-05-08, 01:23 AM
Zack and Nessa
"psh fine enjoy your meal" he says as he does something else cool with his hair and walks off. the next time either of you look down you will see your food siting on the table in front of you. Also Zacks steak has a warning about impersonating employees spelled out with the steak sauce. It looks like Cathy ordered a sampler platter with a wide variety of small portions on brailled plates so she can easily tell whats what.

Lea
corton is faster.

The Siblings
"Overall the same things as you probably. They want to effectively create a theoretical being that can destabilise reality as so they pursue several random plots at once hoping something will stick the most common of which is to acquire glitched pokemon and mutate them to death induce a force reality shift in the hope that it will bring the world a step closer to facilitating the creation of missingno" the part about "mutate to death" gets steven's attention

MintyNinja
2013-05-08, 02:09 AM
Zack smirks and mumbles, "Very sorry. It was fun." as he begins cutting into his steak. Oh, if only Tauros could fly! I wouldn't have to go so long on the sea without such amazing, mouth watering goodness! Forgetting for a moment that he's in the company of two psychics, Zack says, "The steak's pretty good." He finally looks up to see Lea send out her second pokemon. Poor thing, one hit knock out's always a bit disheartening... Good move by the challenger though, can't argue that.

CosmicOccurence
2013-05-08, 07:56 AM
She should be ok. She can get pretty scary when she's serious. Nessa replied as she began to dig into her food. It was simply sublime, and it felt like her mouth had died and gone to Arceus.

Major
2013-05-08, 09:53 AM
"What exactly do you mean by mutate to death?" Rebecca asked as she tapped a pokeball to release Kuro and Gangnam.

"Gangnam, see if you can find out what Kuro saw that is helpful while we talk about this." Rebecca said.

planswalker
2013-05-08, 02:04 PM
"Okay, Corton... please let this work!" Lea whispers as she directs Corton to open with a grasswhistle.

[roll0]

passinglurker
2013-05-08, 11:32 PM
Sibblings
"Glitched pokemon are naturally unstable beings and its natural for their stability to degrade and create mutations in the form of unusual behavior, appearance, and ability. This process continues until reality can no longer hold it together and the glitch breaks apart releasing enough energy to forcibly shift reality. What team E would do is use their resources to accelerate the process and maybe even corrupt a few more along the way" steven is trying to stifle a look of horror upon hearing this, and gangnam begins interviewing kuro.

Lea
The dratini isn't effected and it responds with twister for 30 special dragon typed damage before reductions.

planswalker
2013-05-08, 11:59 PM
Considering that the blow took out over half of Corton's hp, Lea directs it to thow on some leech seed next, hoping to follow up with a grasswhistle to recover some of the hp lost.

[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-05-09, 12:01 AM
Lucius frowns at that, before saying, "And is there any way to stop that process?"

passinglurker
2013-05-09, 12:17 AM
Lea
One of the seeds sprouts over the dratini's eye causing a twister attack that would have barley hit to miss instead(you gotta get something for critting I think)

corton heals 6 HP

Sibblings
"some are fortunate enough that they slowly stabilize and return to normal. For everyone else the most well know method is to die first which actually works out for some were they would die of natural causes and old age first. I haven't been granted any info on the subject more detailed than that unfortunately I imagine the order keeps it on a need to know basis"

BluesEclipse
2013-05-09, 12:18 AM
"Need to know, you say..." Lucius muses, before asking, "Would having access to a glitched Pokémon be reason enough?"

passinglurker
2013-05-09, 12:37 AM
Lucius
He perks up at this and is about to say something when suddenly the break dancer interrupts by slapping you on the back and saying loudly as she muscles her way in between you, and Mr. Smithers "So! I heard you had your first contest today! Have you had your performers initiation yet?!"

Major
2013-05-09, 12:34 PM
Annoyed at the break dancer, but not wanting to say anything, Rebecca side steps the group so that she is near Mr. Smithers. "Yes, having a glitch type and the fact that a ranger hunting a member of Team Eternal asked should help should it not?" She asked, "I had a conversation with a glitch pokemon actually and they told me the glitch energy was killing them, but that making a few alterations with their powers it would stabilize them. Any way to check that they were indeed successful in stabilizing themselves?"

passinglurker
2013-05-09, 01:09 PM
Sibblings
He looks like he is about to say something to rebecca, but then steven interrupts "Oh! The initiation I can't believe I forgot! Yeah we should do that right away staling is bad luck!" mr. smithers raises an eye brow and says "hold on I'm a performer and I've never heard of such a thing." "Thats cause its a new fad for a younger generation old man. this will just take a second, either of you have a rhyhorn and a sandshrew? not that we need them they just make good "back ground noise"." Mr. Smithers seems to be caught off guard by the breakdancer's words and the mentioning of a rhyhorn and sandshrew seems to turn him a little sea sick. The girl and eevee then start eagerly pushing and pulling you guys in the direction of the stairs leading below deck.

Major
2013-05-09, 01:31 PM
Even more annoyance fills Rebecca and she debates saying something, but Steven's reaction and the fact that her mom had apparently wanted her to do more contests stops her from throwing it all away.

She follows, trying to hold her annoyance and temper in check.

BluesEclipse
2013-05-09, 09:32 PM
Lucius watches the man take off and scowls slightly before looking at the dancer. "Alright... what's going on here? You obviously recognized Rebecca yet said you didn't, and now you're trying to keep us from getting information from him. Care to explain?"

passinglurker
2013-05-09, 11:28 PM
Sibblings
After you are two lead into are cabin below deck Steven drops his act and joins in the general annoyance at the breakdancer with his own frown. before saying anything the break dancer rolls up her baggy hoodie sleeve revealing a high tech and highly streamlined mech arm (wis check ooc for details about arm). She presses a button and says "Ok we don't have much time before the old man gets suspicious I was hoping to be a bit more subtle, but the way the conversation was drifting I didn't think I would have time... soo phew where to start? uh... well the thing is unlike everyone else in the band who lead normal lives before taking up the calling of starving artist and landing on the street I actually grew up on them, and I learned a thing or two about sizing people up and well..." she shrugs "I don't think Mr. smithers is all he makes himself out to be. I know from ease dropping on him he knows more about whats going on than he lets on. For example just scratching the surface he already knows Lucius has a glitched castform, he also mumbles like he knows what these team E guys believe about hauntress, and he has had a peg on a guy stalking your psychic friend until Dojodo before switching to tracking someone else that lead us here. Yet he is holding this stuff back like he's thinking he can climb the puppet strings instead of pull on them you know what I mean? Yeah that was a week analogy anyway. Call me paranoid if you want, and I know its possible he has a good reason for all his sneakiness in the long run for the good of humanity yada yada yada. But my guts telling me he is just playing a long game with you guys, and like all spy games he's gonna at some point take advantage of any trust he's built up and cash it in for some "for that greater good" malarkey. I'm telling you this cause I owe you guys a favor, and for the same reasons I'm giving you this just in case I'm right" She presses another button on her mech arm and what looks like a glossy black guitar pick pops out. she holds it out to rebecca.

Major
2013-05-10, 05:05 PM
Wisdom check: [roll0]

"Regardless of paranoid or not, I dislike trusting other people who can just back stab us. You can't really trust anyone and I'd rather him not know any more than he needs to." Rebecca says glancing over at Lucius, but not commenting on what she's thinking.

"Regardless if he knows about the Castform we can base questions on that without him giving much more." She says glancing at Steven, "So, I say we give him bare minimum and then leave."

As she takes the pick she looks at it, "It's a guitar pick? I'm assuming it isn't for music though, so what is the deal?" She asks.

planswalker
2013-05-11, 12:26 AM
Glad for something to have gone right, Lea will actually alter her next course of action and instead command a stun spore.

[roll0]

passinglurker
2013-05-11, 01:54 AM
Lea
It looks like the attack would have worked if the dratini didn't shed affected scales and skin at the same time. Corton is healed another 6 HP from the leach seed before getting hit with twister for 28 damage before reductions.

Siblings
"Its a sort of voice activated micro panic button. There are some words engraved on it creating a code phrase. When you say the code phrase it will silently call some old friends of mine from growing up on the streets for help. They are probably not the most revered bunch but they are money motivated not ideals or power. So since I payed them for this they'll keep their word about helping you guy out of a scrap if you need it or word will get out they are backstabbers and then no one would pay them for anything." she says pointing at the pick. both of you can see the engraving she is talking about its a bit hard to make out considering its back words on a black surface (would you like to try to read it to yourself now?)

"now you can't just ignore this guy if he thinks there is nothing more to gain by sneaking he'll just make a move sooner, and besides he is useful. You just have to feed him bits to make him think its worth it to keep up the act while being careful not to give him something to use as leverage. also don't be blunt or confrontational with him then he'll just trace back to me and I'll lose this round of spy games"

Lucius
the arm doesn't resemble the bulky hobbyist arms you've seen before. this is stream lined, clean, and advanced. On top of that it seems to be customized to fit the form of her arm further minimizing bulk, and letting her hide it effectively under her baggy breakdancing clothes. You can deduce with much certainty she didn't make this herself in highschool metal shop. she has had help of the professional variety.

planswalker
2013-05-11, 02:37 AM
Lea smiles. The dratini fell for the stun spore tactic. Corton weathers the hit rather well, though perhaps not as well as Lea had hoped for. Still, things were looking up.

NOW it was time to put it to sleep.

Seeing Lea start to give the order for his favorite move, Corton beats her to the punch and emits a grasswhistle.

[roll0]

passinglurker
2013-05-11, 10:30 AM
Lea
The attack looks to be effective with the dratini suddenly turning very drowsy, and corton is healed another 6HP from the leach seed, but then suddenly the dratini snaps out of it by sheer luck(rolled a 17) and attacks with twister again for 27 damage before reductions.

Major
2013-05-11, 01:16 PM
Rebecca looks closely trying to read the pick. "What would you figure is something he can use as leverage. And I'd rather be a little bit of information short than risk being betrayed." She notes before looking over at Gangnam, "Got anything from Kuro yet?"

passinglurker
2013-05-11, 01:52 PM
Rebecca
The engraving reads

Prepare for trouble
And make it double

"Your secrets, weaknesses, itineraries, buttons to push, and of course leaving him alone with stuff you care about. You look like the sort thats had to fend for her self before just be smart basically." answers the breakdancer.

Kuro remembers the faces of two of their operatives, and they passed a pokeball between them. Supposedly it was a native to the mines. The only words Kuro remembers is "Deliver to battle cafe. Plan is getting complicated. Three dumb people taking the fall. Snatcher team disappeared on grille. None to spare for contingency plan." some of this may have been lost in translation or Kuro's head injuries. answers gangnam

Siblings
Just then lights on the breakdancer's arm blink and she says "Times up now to establish an alibi of what we have been doing besides talking" the door knob turns and she acts fast grabbing some one suddenly ([roll0] 1=rebecca 2=lucius 3=kuro) and plants a big drawn out smoocher on their lips. just as the door opens "so here's where you guys wen-Oh geez" its mr. smithers. He face palms when sees the scene, and says "Should've know this was just an excuse for you to makeout with something Z. Well wrap it up I got some maps and information compiled up stairs"

Major
2013-05-11, 02:06 PM
"Yeah...that was a waste of my time. Didn't realize she just wanted to make out with Lucius here." Rebecca says after Smithers comments. She then heads upstairs with him acting like she had no reason to be there.

As she walks she speaks with Smithers, "She do that often?"

BluesEclipse
2013-05-11, 04:38 PM
Lucius listens calmly to the conversation, before being completely caught off guard by the woman pulling him into a kiss. Stiffening briefly in surprise, he quickly relaxes, considering her words about an alibi - and deciding that there are far worse ways to create one. Finally breaking the kiss, Lucius gives the dancer a grin, trying to keep himself from blushing(and failing spectacularly), and says, "Well, that's was definitely an enjoyable initiation... still, looks like it's back to business." He then turns to follow the others upstairs.

passinglurker
2013-05-11, 05:44 PM
Rebecca
"Unfortunately yes. It seems to be Z's hobby to get a kiss out of anything that moves and has a mouth regardless of gender or species. Physical hazards and social norms just seem to form an appealing challenge for her, but at least that means she performs proper oral hygiene, and I had to get along with people who have had worse habits. For example someone who believed burrowing was a solution for everything." the boats dining table has some heavily marked up maps charts and pictures laid out on it "so did you get anything worthwhile out of the Umbreon?"

Lucius
She looks disappointed and says bluntly "dang I figured it would have been a noob kiss, but given your talent set I was hoping it would at least be a different feeling sort of noob kiss." You find that in the making out she has swept you low and she lets go of you in that position causing you to drop and land on your back before walking out on you.

When you catch up with rebecca she and mr. smithers are standing in front of some heavily marked up maps charts and pictures laid out on the boats kitchen table.

Major
2013-05-11, 06:01 PM
"All Kuro saw was them trading a pokeball between them. Without knowing much else, I can't figure out why they'd head into a cave in the middle of nowhere just to trade a pokeball." Rebecca says with a sigh, "Anything you can figure out?"

planswalker
2013-05-12, 08:29 PM
... I hate your dice right now...

Cursing the luck of the friggafraggin dratini, Lea orders Corton to do something he rarely does: he uses a directly damaging attack!

Specifically, Mega Drain.

[roll0]
[roll1] - Forgot the bonus from Grass Ace. Should be a 25 total

passinglurker
2013-05-13, 12:30 AM
Rebecca
"I've got a lot of information on their locations, movements, and hiding places. busting a lot of them and giving them a bloody nose isn't to difficult the problem is with out details on thier plan we wouldn't know if that would prevent them from carrying it out, and its doubtful such would be a long term solution. We would need a way to make hauntess harder to touch or to make them believe she isn't worth pursuing.... where did this "kuro" observe the exchange it could be it was a species local to that area with capabilities relevant to thier plan, probably procured by a sleeper agent with obligation to stay in that area to not arouse suspicion, or maybe they have a more long term project associated with the cave in question."

Lea
Its well past half way to passing out now that corton heals 6 from the leech seeds and 6 more from mega drain. *giggle*"silly me I forgot about the appeal score I bet its been boring with me using the same trick over and over. ok shake things up with thunder wave!" looking at the appeal scoreboard you see you are currently in the lead with 16 points but mueki climbs up to 10 with this paralyzing move. the attack slows corton down enough that the dratini gets in the first shot the next round (6 more leech seed healing to corton btw) dealing 28 damage and generating 4 more appeal with a fresh spin on her twister attack.

planswalker
2013-05-13, 01:30 AM
"Okay, Corton, this is the crunch time. You've gotta make this shot count. Unleash your hidden powers!"

Then, as suddenly as if he's born to it, Corton tries to fight through the paralysis and deliver a pulse of compressed air at the dragon.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

passinglurker
2013-05-13, 02:55 AM
Lea
aaand corton misses, but on the plus side you get 3 more appeal points and the dratini faints from leech seed any way(6HP for corton.) Mukei swaps out for a spheal and well... lets just say she trounces you from there (I'm cutting it short cause the fight would turn lethal for corton the way I stated the spheal if we actually played it out. sorry)

+750 xp to split between your mons, -2K cash cause you lost

At the end of the match you have more appeal and the nurse presents you with a (randomly selected) "destiny knot" held item before taking your pokemon to be healed.

Your directed to the ring exit and when you return to your table there is a fresh pizza waiting for you as well as Blooma and cortons balls(with a healed blooma and corton inside of course)

Nessa
The next battle any of you are called up for will be Nessa's(after you done eating of course). according to the monitor it would be over a slippery field of ice with a capture the flag element. Your opponent goes by the name of Wisp.

Your menu will directs you where to go and you'll find your self in a prep room where you can negotiate a wager or voluntary rules if you like. You can't tell Wisp's gender they are wearing a yamask like mask, hoodie, and trench coat, and has a build that matches that of a thin boy or girl.

MintyNinja
2013-05-13, 03:51 AM
"Theo looks up from his plate long enough to notice Nessa's field. "Opponent probably has flying or levitating pokemon. If you still got that Butterfree then you might be able to win with statuses and movement. Good luck," he says nonchalant. His mind is steal just reeling from the wonderful, juicy, well seasoned steak.

CosmicOccurence
2013-05-13, 08:13 AM
Nessa thanks Zack and advances up to it and shakes its hand. The name's Nessa. I'm looking forwards to our match. How about a wager of ^500? While this was going on, Nessa attempted to probe this person's mind. Maybe she could figure out what gender it is - or see about any strategy for the battle.

Is this a trainer involvement battle or no?

passinglurker
2013-05-13, 10:21 AM
Nessa
You find Wisps mind to be very intelligent and as a result harder to read due to so much happening at once. the trains of thought you can make some sense of are...

A lot of imagery of maps covered in black X's, Charts of the stars, and feelings of frustration about the coast of this island. Over shadowing all of this is some sort of myth or local lore the gist of which is there is supposed to be some ruins somewhere on this island. there is a feeling of treasure associated with these ruins, but this feeling doesn't specifically specify if the treasure is literal or not.

A constant reciting of old Sinnohan and Unovan words you don't recognize, and Muscle memory for writing the associated kanji on strips of paper. This appears to be similar to practice of making cleanse tags followed by old hex maniacs, and other residents around mount pyre in Hoenn.

A strong subconscious feeling of jealousy over appearances both in terms of dress and physical build. The way Wisp is comparing itself to you gives you a strong suspicion Wisp is a girl probably close to your age too. strangely you can find no imagery in this of Wisp with out "her" completely covering outfit and mask the reason for this seems to be very deeply buried.

"You can call me Wisp" she certainly sounds like a girl "and actually how about this for a wager. If you win I'll pay you 1,000 but if you lose you help me look for something under a 1 day bounty hunting contract tommorrow?" (a bounty hunting contract just means for a set period of time in which your hired to help search she gets first pick of any loot, captured pokemon, and holds the exclusive right to disclose anything found to the public or withhold it.)

Major
2013-05-13, 02:20 PM
"It was on the island of Nadrin." Rebecca replies. "And even if it didn't effect the long term, when an animal has to retreat to nurse it's wounds it misses out on chances to hunt."

CosmicOccurence
2013-05-13, 02:24 PM
I can accept those terms. Nessa replied. She awaited being taken to the battlefield before making any decisions on what pokemon to use.

passinglurker
2013-05-13, 03:08 PM
Rebecca
"If only our opponents were as dumb as animals" she says as he flips through some field books and writes things down "here since they seem to have dedicated some one to catching it the ball was probably an evolved member of one of these lines" the list he gives you reads Zubat, paras, rhyhorn, snorunt. "Some how it fits into their plan so we need to figure out where they are taking it. Its possible with our searching and some strings I pulled with the police their courier has been has been unable to deliver it yet out of fear of being spotted. if we create an opening and send someone like you who has yet to be recognized in they might be able to figure out what it is and give us a window into their larger plan so when the bust comes it will be all the more devastating to them." he ponders his almost unreadable map for a moment. "there the battle cafe the only team E grunt thats stayed in the same spot today is hanging out in there. When I noticed it I decided to save it for a break through such as this. You up for some under cover work?"

Nessa
You are directed out to the arena that has been converted into an ice rink. Its cold for the way your dressed, and the whole field is icy terrain(as per raw), and the walls, and ice boulders don't look padded for the inevitable collisions at all(as in failing stop checks will hurt). There are two "flags" one red, one blue. The red one is infront of you the blue is infront of wisp. You can win the match without KO'ing your opponent by stealing(standard action to pickup any attack that hits makes you drop it) their flag and bringing it back to your entrance. Wisp calls out what looks like a rock with crack in it. You wouldn't even be sure its a pokemon if it didn't come out of a ball.

http://i.imgur.com/KrtckBZ.png?1?4437
I'm experimenting with tilemap editing software ^^
the grey triangle denotes which space the sprite is really standing on.
your on the left, the nurse is the pink haired one.
the "flags" don't impair movement at all

Major
2013-05-13, 03:42 PM
"I'm capable of doing that. Just remember we're temporary allies, not coworkers." Rebecca says with a nod, "I work for the Rangers and for my people. Sharing information from time to time benefits us both, but I'm not part of your organization."

CosmicOccurence
2013-05-13, 06:22 PM
Nessa releases Narwha four squares forwards and one to the left (up on the map). Her ice step capability would allow her to move relatively unhindered through the icy terrain.

Nessa slid herself forwards until she hit the blocking rocks. Looking towards the trainer in question, she reached her hand out and pulled the flag off the ground as far towards her as she could (lifting it up as high as it needed to go.)

Narwha waddled one square up and three squares forwards and launched an icy wind at the rock.

Narwha treats icy terrain like basic terrain due to ice step

Ice special, -1 speed CS [roll0], [roll1]

passinglurker
2013-05-13, 07:07 PM
Nessa
Wisp is sliding forwards as well and with some flailing manages to stop herself from actually hitting the rocks. You look up from calling out your mon to see she has written something on a piece of paper and lit it on fire with a lighter. She locks eyes with you as the fire turns purple and consumes the paper with otherworldly speed. A strong feeling of drowsiness comes over you and you fall asleep(for the sake of pace I made the wake check for this round for you(rolled a 7))

Narwha sits there and does nothing but stand ready to shield you from immediate harm without orders. A swirling purple torrent of malicious green bobbles bursts out of the rock and floats across the field. It puts narwhal to sleep the same as you. not that you know this cause you're asleep and all.

due to you being asleep you don't know what she is doing next round

Rebecca
"Of course miss... Now you might not need a disguise they haven't reacted to any rangers that have gone near that place yet but the decision is up to you. there are shops on the way or maybe Z can give you something if you don't mind the kiss stealing" "Heh guilty as charged"

Major
2013-05-13, 09:43 PM
"Mind? I'll encourage it." Rebecca says with an amused smirk. "Better safe then sorry. There are some people in Team Eternal who will recognize me, so best to not risk them showing up."

passinglurker
2013-05-13, 10:39 PM
Rebecca
"well in that case" with an identical smirk she brings you in for a kiss. Blah blah blah (you have an imagination so use it). When you finally come up for air again you find your self in the break dancers room wearing completely different clothes. You now look more like some sort of punk rocker "Well you're a better kisser than your brother that's for sure. your uniform undies and a makeup kit for you are over there. kinda hard to paint a face you're locking lips with. just paint up something crazy, keep to your jolteon and umbreon instead of the full eevee entourage, and actually enter in a battle at the cafe and no one should think you're an undercover ranger." she straightens her baggy clothes, hefts a boombox, and heads for the door only to turn around to say "and with that it looks like I'm blasting off again" and she departs

Lucius
she is gone for a while "Yeah just insert obligatory "girls are trouble warning/advice/lecture" here" comments mr. smithers at one point not looking up from his work.

CosmicOccurence
2013-05-13, 11:18 PM
I'll just make a lot of sleep checks.

For Nessa: [roll0]DC 14
[roll1]12
[roll2]10
[roll3]8
[roll4]6

For Narwha:[roll5]DC 16
[roll6]14
[roll7]12
[roll8]10
[roll9]8

passinglurker
2013-05-13, 11:44 PM
Nessa
The match is over by the time you wake up Wisps pokemon had grabbed your flag and ran it back the whole thing was very clean and efficient. (+300xp)

When you get back to your table you find a complimentary cup of hot chocolate (perfect for recovering from sleeping on ice) and a note from wisp saying she will meet you by the west end of the docks early tomorrow morning.

Zack
When you're done with your steak your match will be announced. It is a straight 1 mon each, no burrowing fight under sun lamps(sunny weather the whole match). With the special sponsored gimmick of having to dress up as characters from the hit 4region tv show "Proteam omega". Your opponent is a man named Leon Kennedy.

You know the drill by now. follow the menu's directions and set a wager in the prep room. the only difference this time is you're gonna come out dressed in a mecha costume.

Major
2013-05-13, 11:56 PM
As the girl leaves, Rebecca grins mischievously. She hadn't been completely serious, but she wasn't complaining. It had been way more fun then she'd expected.

With the lip locking done, Rebecca moved over to the make-up kit and did her best to throw on face-paint. Once she was ready, she stepped out to let Lucius know she was heading out.

BluesEclipse
2013-05-14, 01:50 AM
Lucius listens to the conversation, and doesn't really acknowledge the man's comment about women being trouble - it's not like he doesn't already know that, after all. But his mind is more on the Pokémon that the man suggested - Zubat, Paras, Snorunt, Rhyhorn. None of them are particularly noteworthy for being mutable, the way Castform is, so if their goal is to create a glitch from it, it seems like the means would be a bit different. And if not, it's just a question of what they would use it for...

As Rebecca comes to let him know she's heading out, Lucius nods. "Take care... and let me know if you find anything interesting out." That said, he turns to Smithers and says, "So... Paras, Rhyhorn, Snorunt or Zubat... I have to wonder, what makes you think it's one of those? Just that those are the only ones that are native to the caves there?" There's something there, some connection, just on the edge of his thoughts - maybe a bit more information will snap it into place.

MintyNinja
2013-05-14, 03:02 AM
Zack notes the sunlamps and his face is once again split by his wide grin. "Oh, what a travesty this may be," he says to no one in particular as he follows his menu. In the prep room he finds the other guy and says, "I'm willing to risk a grand on this. You alright with that wager?" He don's the costume, testing it for maneuverability there in the locker room with some simple stretches. Once Zack was satisfied with his preparations, he stepped into the arena and released Obsidia. The black Charmeleon let out a gout of blue flame to show off for the crowds, careful to withhold the 'boom'.

Major
2013-05-14, 04:15 AM
After Rebecca leaves, she makes her way to the Battle Cafe while typing a text message to Lucius.

Snover, snow. Blizzard we averted?

planswalker
2013-05-15, 01:38 AM
... after my first of 2 getting roflstomped by low-level dragon rage cheeze, not overly surprised that I lost. Still, I got that dratini! and it only took me 1 'mon (not counting Blooma's appearance just to soak up the imbalance of low-level play)

but, hey! I won the appeal!

I guess saving $1k on a destiny knot is kinda nice...

Grumbling to herself about cheater-face dragons and their tricks, Lea is somewhat mollified by winning the appeal contest, and all her grumblings are forgotten as she digs into her pizza with relish. Corton grabs up the prize and claims it as his own, fair compensation for being such a beastly powerful puffball.

passinglurker
2013-05-17, 12:36 PM
Lucius
"Their first stages are rather common yes but there evolutions are nothing to sneeze at. Each one is capable of being deployed at the right place at the right time to wreak a fair amount of havoc. the Zubat line can emit confusing supersonic pulses perfect for neutralizing some one blind that depends on their hearing wouldn't you say? The Snorunt line can produce a very deep cold which would pair well with the climate control equipment they stole. Slap a dig tm on a Rhydon and you have a very potent earthquake machine and burrowing can solves all sorts of problems. The paras line can produce a mix of spores that almost anyone would be allergic too, and they could pump that mix through a vent system, and shut down whole buildings with the equipment they stole. The other posibility is was that it was a mon simply being trained in the caves and soaking up the radiant elemental energy soup from all the stones in those mines in which case it could possibly be anything."

Zack
The man just nods at your terms and maintains a dead serious expression. He looks aged a bit, but fit, and clearly from Unova. In the arena he calls out what looks like a familiar to you knock off of Pikachu.

The costume is awkward and reduces you're dex by 6 but it grants 3 damage reduction from its sheer bulk.

You go first followed be Leon, then the Emolga goes, and Obsidia is last.

Rebecca
A "waitress" in roller derby gear greats you at the battle cafe and says "welcome to the salty spatoon how tough are ya?" "battle or table?" in a fairly tough masculine tough voice. the place looks odd its mostly out doors and is basically a circle of small shops surrounding a caged open air battling ring surrounded by umbrella covered tables. It is also fairly rowdy the closer you get to the ring.

Lea
The Shrooms had started kicking in before Zack got called up for his battle so it takes a bit for this to connect. You've met Leon kennedy(zacks opponent) before he was one of Devon's odd job freelancer type peoples and he would bring in odd pokemon all the time for your parents to look at. Before you can act on this revelation you hear mueki's familiar voice through your growing shroom trip "There you are. Hey do you like Snivys?"

Nessa
Not much happening here other than Cathy covering her nose and scooting away from Lea's pizza when it appeared.

If you bother to read her mind you will find she is concerned that this isn't going well cause you lost a fight and that would put you in a bad mood when the whole point of coming here was to put everyone in a good mood.

Major
2013-05-17, 01:38 PM
"I'm here to battle." Rebecca replied.

planswalker
2013-05-18, 12:54 AM
Lea
The Shrooms had started kicking in before Zack got called up for his battle so it takes a bit for this to connect. You've met Leon kennedy(zacks opponent) before he was one of Devon's odd job freelancer type peoples and he would bring in odd pokemon all the time for your parents to look at. Before you can act on this revelation you hear mueki's familiar voice through your growing shroom trip "There you are. Hey do you like Snivys?"

"Uh, yeah..." Lea says, having a bit of a hard time focusing.

MintyNinja
2013-05-18, 05:46 PM
"Thick bloody costume..." Zack grumbles. Still, he runs up thrusts a poisonous jab at the other man, hoping to inflict him with something taxing.

Zack: HP 139/139, DR 3, Dex mod 4
Poison Jab: AC 2 [roll0] Poison on 15+
Poison, Physical: [roll1] If Crit [roll2]

passinglurker
2013-05-23, 11:55 AM
Everyone
VWORP! nessa, cathy, and zack are gone and no one remembers they existed. the universe does its best to patch the holes made with others, dumb luck, and unown antics, but the following events changed as a result.

Lea's ChangesYour quarters are still in the hold but instead of making 4 rooms on day one you and rebecca made two rooms and a common area with a dining table and made a couch out of a raft.

Aside from they being part of an aborted time line no one explained your fractured memories of dojodo like Nessa.

The ditto cut off an 1/8 of your braid before Edgar arrived and helped subdue it.

Everything else happened close enough or didn't matter enough for me to cover it.Rebecca ChangesSteven instead of escaping mall street with Nessa appealed to your love of Eevee's and some obscure ranger law to transfer his ownership to you.

Without Cathy you ran into Hollie at the church following a hunch an found a need for a new uniform some other way than what happened(up to you) Lucius Changespending doesn't matter blue has dropped lucius still exists though but he will be written out just by some other way.Everyone(We are now PTU)

Without Nessa's events on grille "missingno" is still known as "the bane of cinnabar"

You may now carry unlimited mons if you wish, but only 6 may be active at a time for pokemon league challenges and battle. wilds and criminals are fair game.Lea

"Uh, yeah..." Lea says, having a bit of a hard time focusing.That's the last thing you remember from that night before the shrooms take their full effect.

When you can think clearly again you find you are laying in the dark, and don't know where you are. though the hot and muggy climate suggests you are still on Rosrice.

Its extremely difficult to see but the familiar feeling of the inflatble raft cleverly turned into a couch that you find yourself lying on tells you you're back in the common area on the Magikarp II. The very same that has always been there since you and rebecca set it up on the day of ironwoods will reading.(its rather strange that you remind yourself of that now, but then again you just came off a shroom trip)

This realization of where you are would probably be considered comforting if you didn't realize moments later that you have been gagged, and bound at the wrists(behind your back) and ankles.

Despite this strange and potentially scary predicament you find your self in you can possibly find comfort in the fact that one thing about waking up from a shroom trip hasn't changed. You're naked (though if you ask the narrator he would consider that to be more of a sign of a disturbing trend than a comfort)

Oh and final note its hard to make out with your eyes but your ears can tells there is someone else on the opposite side of the room... sharpening a knife (perception check please)

Rebecca
"I'm here to battle." Rebecca replied. You're lead to a table to wait. when you sit down your styler drops out of your pocket and is suddenly crushed under the wheels of a motor cycle that drives right next to you at dangerous speed. The rider is quickly tasered, beat up, and hauled off by security, and bouncers before you can react(not even this place can tolerate such rowdiness). looking down you see your styler is now badly damaged.

Major
2013-05-23, 05:17 PM
Rebecca's eyes go wide as she looks down at the styler. "NO!" She curses as she quickly grabs whats left. The thing was worth a lot of money and she'd worked hard to find and upgrade it. Now, all that time and money and energy was ruined. She quickly pressed a few buttons hoping something worked, especially since she had her pokegear integrated into it. "I really hope I don't need to call Lucius or anyone..." She mumbled as she messed with it.

planswalker
2013-05-23, 05:27 PM
Lea strains her eyes and ears, trying to figure out what's going on. Beyond that, she lies still and doesn't try to attract attention to herself.

[roll0]

passinglurker
2013-05-23, 06:25 PM
Rebecca
The only thing that still works currently is the core befriender functionality
and your up next it looks like according to the screens a straight 3vs.3 plus trainers match against what looks like a hobo.

Lea
The first thing you notice is that there is something small and furry resting on you. Its strange cause it seems almost wieghtless for its size, and you don't sense a heartbeat or any breathing. You could almost certainly say it was a stuffed plushy if it wasn't for the fact that it was presently stretching and yawning.

looking at the person across the room you can see. Their back is turned to you but you can make out black hair and clothes that seem to blend in with the dark room. They are also wearing something yellowish on their head, and they're standing over the table as they sharpen a knife. They seem to be humming to themselves and the way they are bobbing, swinging, and otherwise dancing to themselves like no one could see you would think its a happy and bubbly tune.

Along with whatever checks you feel like making you will need a Stealth check to do things like "try to escape" or "continue spying"(one stealth check per other check in the order you try to do things) without waking the furry thing. other wise feel free to either go back to sleep or freak out. ^^ (also its a poke edu check to identify the furry thing without a dex)

Major
2013-05-23, 06:30 PM
"Oh crap..." Rebecca mumbles as she looks up at the hobo match. Now she'd be unable to scan or call people until she could get it fixed. She quickly pocked the mess and headed to the arena while quickly trying to catch up on the rules.

planswalker
2013-05-23, 06:31 PM
Lea will try to wriggle loose of the bonds holding her hands in place. While focusing on doing that without drawing attention from her presumed captor, Lea will try to figure out what sort of pokemon is using her as a bed for a catnap.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

passinglurker
2013-05-23, 06:53 PM
Rebecca
you won't need to scan he practically tells you what he has "Hello again I have Ziggzaggoons to challenge you with this time whats the wager?" you have never seen him before in your life.

Lea
The bonds defeat this exertion of effort and worse yet your movement awakens the pokemon you recognize as a zorua. It springs to life with hollow ghostly eyes, and after noticing your green ones glowing dimmly in the dark leaps in front of your face obscuring any view of your "captor" as it sniffs, and barks like the canine pokemon it is. As this happens you hear a girlish "eeep!" and a rustle of fabric between barks come from person with the knife, but you can't see whats going on due to the ball of fur in your face.

Eventually the Zorua is lifted off you as the person doing the lifting says "Ok that's enough Slippers, calm down." The voice sounds like a girl and the Zorua calms down at it masters command and watches you calmly after leaping down to the floor. You can see the lighting in the room has been turned up slightly (though not to full). You can also see the lifter is your supposed captor though now they have put on a hoodie and a yamask style mask over their face(the yellowish thing) so that they are completely covered even the eye holes have some big time obvious makeup applied to them so you can't even be certain of their skin color. "Sorry about him he gets excited easily" the zorua makes a characteristic evil sounding laugh. "Any way you feeling sober now?" she says in an oddly for the situation friendly voice.

planswalker
2013-05-23, 06:56 PM
Lea nods her head soberly.

Major
2013-05-23, 06:59 PM
"Again?" Rebecca asks, "I've ne---" She stops realizing this guy is a crazy hobo. "Uhhh, I mean, oh its you! My arch-nemesis! Uhh...I'm going to rock your world with a uhhhh $500 wager." She says while forcing a rocker hand sign like she saw on T.V. What did I agree too? She thought to herself.

"I'll start this fight with a splash of awesome." She said trying to throw the pokeball with Marina in her most rocktastic manner. This is stupid...I hate my life.

Marina: Speed 11, Evasion: 1, Special evasion: 3, Speed evasion: 1

passinglurker
2013-05-23, 07:38 PM
Rebecca
"Go Ziggs! prove your strength of your mighty head to the ninja spirit hiding within!" he certainly sounds crazy. Marina easily side steps the faster zigzagoons headbutt.

Lea
"Well considering the last two times I asked that you imediatly tried to hit me with you hair braid and magikarp flop out of here this is a big improvement. So I think I can believe you this time". she(cause she clearly sounds like a girl by now) takes off your gag while the Zorua cuts off the ankle binds.

planswalker
2013-05-24, 12:28 AM
"So, what do I have to do to get you to untie my hands?"

Major
2013-05-24, 05:14 AM
"Yo Rockin Vaporizzle use that pulsing water pulse!" Rebecca says snapping her fingers. Wait...I'm a punk rapper now from the ghetto? Ugh...I need to figure how I'm supposed to act...

Water Pulse
[roll0] vs 2 (Water Pulse Confuses the target on 17-20 during Accuracy Check.)
[roll1]

passinglurker
2013-05-24, 12:48 PM
Lea
"Uh yeah I... Was... Getting to that" She seems a bit apprehensive and cautious as she puts one hand over her mask and reaches under or behind you (depending on your orientation) to fumble with the last knot with one hand. As you feel it finally loosen enough so that you can slip your hands out the zorua darts around the corner into the kitchen and out of sight leaving a gaseous ghostly trail that quickly disappears (clearly this is not a normal zorua). Your "captor" is now leaning in and off balance she has one gloved hand pressing her mask into her face, and she is wiggling her other gloved hand out from under you slowly as she mutters "come on easy now wisp don't get the glove caught between the employee and the couch"

Rebecca
Initiative(before I forget)1. Hobo
2. You
3. Ziggy
4. Marina the zigzagoon looks sooooo close to fainting but he is still standing. the Hobo then says "the masks and gloves are off and the psyducks are quacking. Now I shall prove myself!" the man splits into three identical hobo's and surrounds you (when attacking roll a 1d3 you hit the real hobo on a roll of 1)

planswalker
2013-05-24, 02:04 PM
Lea slowly brings her hands forward and rubs her wrists to get the circulation moving again.

"So, I'm Lea Clarise, but I suspect you already know that. What's your name?"

passinglurker
2013-05-24, 02:38 PM
Lea
"You can just call me Wisp you probably don't remember when we were first introduced on account of the whole pizza's worth of parasect shroom toppings you ate." she says as she free's her hand from under you. A small boy with a furry tail comes out of the kitchen carrying a tray of your stuff and some smoothies "I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of raiding your pantry to make some breakfast. I made sure clean, resharpen, and put away everything I used." she takes one of the smoothies for herself and pushes a bendy straw through an otherwise unnoticeable hatch in the mouth part of her mask to start sipping.

Major
2013-05-24, 05:47 PM
When the man started rambling, Rebecca quickly stepped forward and punched the man in the throat.

Quick Attack, Interrupt
[roll0]
[roll1]
Edit: +6 damage (see ooc)

planswalker
2013-05-25, 02:31 AM
Lea
"You can just call me Wisp you probably don't remember when we were first introduced on account of the whole pizza's worth of parasect shroom toppings you ate." she says as she free's her hand from under you. A small boy with a furry tail comes out of the kitchen carrying a tray of your stuff and some smoothies "I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of raiding your pantry to make some breakfast. I made sure clean, resharpen, and put away everything I used." she takes one of the smoothies for herself and pushes a bendy straw through an otherwise unnoticeable hatch in the mouth part of her mask to start sipping.

"I take it I got rather wild out there, didn't I?" Lea says as she puts her clothes back on.

passinglurker
2013-05-25, 03:30 AM
Rebecca
ooookay >.>
It seems you punched him so hard he split into three hobo's

His injured zigzagoon's bad luck continues as it tries to tackle marina but (some how) zigzags into ground instead.

Lea
She nods as she takes a big swig of smoothie and then says "A breeder I met last night named Mukei thought you would be able to help me with a project of mine. So we were introduced to each other, and you signed a contract to help me explore some ruins under the home of a territorial tribe of Snivy. It was at that point we realized you were on a shroom trip so I convinced you to take me to your boat. It was my intention to keep you out of trouble till you sobered up and well..." she adjusts her mask to make sure it is on securely. "things kinda went down hill from there." the boy with the tail is licking his lips at the last two smoothies on the tray as it waits for you to take one so it can dig into its breakfast.

planswalker
2013-05-25, 03:38 AM
Lea takes one of the smoothies and begins to sip it as plot exposition happens.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry about that. I was taking the night off to unwind after a long week. Last thing I remember last night was someone asking me if I liked snivy. I still think your proposed venture sounds like a blast while sober. I think I'm now ready to go whenever you are." Lea checks her belt to make sure her pokemon are still securely in their balls on there.

Major
2013-05-25, 04:59 AM
Deciding to finish off the Zigzagoon before focusing on the weird crazy man, Marina fired off another powerful Water Pulse determined to drop the thing and then focus on the hobo.

Water pulse
[roll0] vs 2, 17-20 confuse
[roll1]

passinglurker
2013-05-25, 11:04 AM
Lea
"oh you unwound alright Ahem I mean are you sure you have all the medical supplies you will need? its not like we can just run back down the street to the pokemon center its kinda out there a ways. oh and bear in mind with the contract you signed I get the "first pick" of any thing we find or discover. I do that so the people I work with don't feel inclined to do stupid stuff that set off traps." your pokeballs are all there.

Rebecca
The zigzagoon goes down. one hobo double recalls the zigzagoon while another calls out a new zigzagoon and the third shouts "Three-Point Heart Strike of the Black Beedrill!" as he runs up and jabs you with two thimble tipped fingers. your now poisoned and take 18 damage before reductions.

planswalker
2013-05-25, 12:20 PM
"You know, if I was going to be picky, I'd point out that contracts made when one party isn't in their right mind aren't exactly binding. However, you really don't have to be confrontational about this. I want to help you out. As for me and my team, I am confident that we are ready to tackle all sorts of challenges."

Major
2013-05-25, 10:53 PM
Rebecca tries to sneak the scanner up to her eye as she looks over the three hobos. She should be able to identify the real one by the hp percentage. Once she finds the real one (regardless of if she was sneaky with the scanner or people saw) she punches the man.

Stealth
[roll0]

Quick Attack
[roll1]
[roll2]

Explanation: The fakes are at 1/1 aka 100%. The real one is at his health-the first quick attack

passinglurker
2013-05-25, 11:25 PM
Lea
she mumbles something off at high speed... Actuallyaccordingtospinwardlawthat'sifonepartydidn 'twillinglyputthemselvesoutoftherightmind... before stopping herself by putting a hand where her mouth would be "Oops sorry you weren't being confrontational about that. I guess its just my inner lawyer trying to get out. I've always got a string of legalese on the tip of my tongue cause apparently to some cops I look "suspicious" for some reason, and I frequently get detained for looks alone so I gotta be ready to assert my legal rights. Anyway if your ready lets get going" assuming you follow you will eventually after a hike find your self at the base of a lush green platue in the middle of a desert resembling texas. "The snivy's live at the top aren't fans of people they catch climbing up and according to satalite photos the likely entrance to the ruins is in the middle of the platue and thier "meeting" grounds. So whats the best way to handle the snivy's?" even without making a check you can tell Wisp isn't comfortable being out in the sun, is always pulling her hood lower, and never faces towards it except to mutter what you can only assume are swears at it in unovan.

Rebecca
The scanner is having difficulty its like he is moving so fast he is at three places at once or so it appears to the scanner at first. (technology check please to find the real one)

planswalker
2013-05-25, 11:50 PM
"Well, most grass-types are very congenial if you simply approach them right." Lea calls out Corton. "Corton, let's lead the way. Don't try to be inconspicuous." Corton began to glow at once.

"Assuming they don't have any reason to specifically hate you or your actions, I'm confident that Corton and I can talk the first snivy we see down, and from there it's a simple matter to get the rest to go along."

Major
2013-05-26, 04:01 AM
bah! [roll0] who needs a technology degree to look at someone :P

passinglurker
2013-05-26, 09:37 PM
Lea
"No this would be my first time encountering them I'm not one to venture into the sun without doing my research first. By the way that research said they were even more on guard and territorial at night." she says still appearing very uncomfortable "well you lead then the sooner we are under the canopy or better yet underground the better"

Rebecca
you find and hit the real one causing the two fakes to disappear (his turn remains unchanged though) he is at ~50%

His zigzagoon goes after you with a headbutt for 18 damage before reductions(no flinching)

Major
2013-05-26, 09:50 PM
Annoyed that the man and his pokemon were ignoring her to go after Rebecca, Marina turns toward the hobo and fires a powerful water pulse.

Water pulse vs hobo
[roll0] vs 2, 17-20 is confuse
[roll1]

planswalker
2013-05-27, 05:28 AM
Lea resists the urge to give her employer a sidelong glance at that last comment and takes the lead position, her glowing puffball of a romancer pokemon at her side.

passinglurker
2013-05-27, 12:45 PM
Lea
You make it up uncontested and in the shade Wisp seems more much comfortable and relived. Suddenly you two are surrounded by a dozen Snivy and a Servine all carrying pointy sticks and wearing leafy headdresses and grass skirts that burst out of the shrubbery. They do not look happy. (perception and intuition checks in addition to any other checks you deem nessesary please)

Rebecca
As the attack hits your scanner alternates between really hurt and barley hurt leaving the impression he is faking out the scanner "And to the hidden ninja with in shows its potential! We will meet again!" he throws a smoke ball on the ground and when it clears him and the zigzagoon are gone leaving a pile of cash. You're declared the winner by default, and a medic quickly patches you up.

planswalker
2013-05-27, 12:55 PM
She nudges Corton and whispers, "Do your best to convince them we're nice."

She then opens her hands and says, "Hello there, great grass snakes. We request permission to pass through your territory and will pay whatever fee is deemed appropriate."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

passinglurker
2013-05-27, 01:47 PM
Lea
Your gut tells you these Snivy's are very proud, they do seem to like being called great grass snakes so they are not gonna kick you right off, but they seem offended at Cortons attempts to hit on their females as one of the girl Snivy's harmlessly bats the puff ball away with her stick. The Servine remains all business as it sets a rock on the ground representing the plateau and draws a line around it indicating politely you can go around the plateau. Your gut also draws your attention to some large shrubs they look like berry plants(just bigger) the Snivy have cultivated by punching holes in the canopy to give them light while still hiding them from most flyers. These plants if they were berry plants appear to be picked clean there isn't a single piece of fruit on them.

planswalker
2013-05-27, 01:56 PM
Lea motions for Corton to back off. The puffball does so, unused to having his charms turned down.

"Great ones, our goal is to reach the buildings at the center of the plateau. We would buy our passage through if you would. If I could replenish one of your berry plants, would that buy us safe passage in and out?"

passinglurker
2013-05-27, 02:10 PM
Lea
The younger snivy's seem to give off a collective "MMMmmm" and get extra hyper at the prospect of Berries. However the Servine seems to suppress a laugh at what you said. As a result it retrieves a special hollow log from a nearby shrub, fills it with water which proceeds to leak out of holes in the bottom, and motions that you have until the water is gone to produce berries it looks rather smug and confident that you will fail. "I don't get it does it expect us to run back to town for berries?" comments wisp as the circle loosens up allowing you to move around.