PDA

View Full Version : Sun Hunters

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sliver
2014-10-05, 04:14 AM
In the light it hides, thriving upon the blindness of the observer. Only the shadow can reveal it, but those we seek it, scare it away with their lanterns. Pelor is the god of light, but without him, there would be no shadow...

The Eye Sunguise knows all, yet hides everything and nothing at the same time. While other Sunguises keep how they are still Sunguises after all these years, and have not died of old age, the Eye has his agents roam free, making his method not so secret.

Due to the central location of the Eye Region and the general neutrality of the Sunguise, as in, blackmail, traders of the Eye are the only ones that are free to roam the continent, trading with other regions. Attacks on the traders are rare, but bandit or Hunter attacks do happen from time to time. The responsible crew rarely lives for long after such an offense, which caused some Hunters to view attacking the Eye traders as a challenge. The Eye Hunters are forbidden from attacking the traders, of course, but catching offenders is a quick way for them to gain some favor from the Eye.

Clara Noctem, the capital of the Eye Region, is a vast city in the center of the region. In the very center of the city lies the Grand Church of Pelor, Clara Lux. Besides being the worship center of Pelor, the other deities have humble chapels here, as to not offend them, the clerics train and live here, and all government function happens here. Clara Lux is considered one of the great marvels of the Creber Caedis continent, towering over the land and almost rivaling the Darastix Mountain itself. Yet, this is not where the Eye resides. Nobody knows where his base of operation is, if one exists.

And yet, this is not where your initiation into the Eye Hunters happens. It is not as grand as you might have hoped.

As soon as you were told that you are ready and should consider joining the Hunters, perhaps your mentor, perhaps even a stranger who noticed your skill, you were contacted the very next day. A small man in simple black cloaks and simple white embroidery at the edges came to you. You knew this man, or at least, one of him. This was one of the Eye's clones. He had many, of varying ages. Bodies who walked, talked and even thought by themselves, yet had no soul. And when the Eye needed a new body, he picked one of them as his next vessel, and continued to rule the region. And now one of his clones approached you, holding a small book. As you flipped through the pages, you realized that it was your book. It contained everything about you, every little peace. Some of your deepest thoughts were there... Halfway through, the pages become blank. A story yet unwritten. You flip back through the pages, looking for the last of the writings, until you find it.

"And then he singed the contract, becoming a Hunter and swearing to the Eye."

Well, they could have written that a bit more eloquently, but it worked well enough. Though starting a sentence with "and"? Perhaps it was not the time to criticize their penmanship, either.

A few days later, in a humble, local church of Pelor, in a small neighborhood near the outer walls of Clara Noctem, you are told to gather. You sit there, listening to the priest talk of Pelor's teachings, as you are called into a side room. There you stand, among your fellow Hunters, the clone standing uncomfortably in front of you, in a small bedroom belonging to the priest who is still preaching on the other side of the door.

He shifts about and coughs, seemingly impatient, as the room is filled with a bright light, so strong that even after closing your eyes, you can feel it burn through your eyelids. Before your vision returns to you, you feel a hand on your back, pushing you down a set of stairs that were not there a moment ago.

As you regain sight, you find yourself in a dimly lit room. Low ceiling and bare bricks, you can see the potential of screaming victims as someone performs a bloody ritual, cackling...

An Elan sits on a chair by a small table. A simple chug and a candle stand there, and nothing else. He looks at you silently, examining you for a moment.

Elans were... An enigma, perhaps. A couple of thousand years ago, when the Fey still roamed the land, torturing mortals, a group of men and woman decided to find a way to oppose them. They disappeared into an ancient forest only to come back, different. The Elans gained immortality and powers that could fight the Fey, drive them out of the land and help the mortals build a footing in the continent, to live free of the Fey tyranny. The powers that they used were taught to the mortals, allowing them to unlock the potential of the mind, which they called Psionics. Since then, Elans gained an almost divine stature. They were exempt from the laws of the land and were free to travel as they wished. They were almost gods among men. It was rare for the Elans to accept others into their fold, turning mortals into Elans, so most that lived, were from the time of the Fey. Nobody knew what the Elans thought of the splitting of the continent and the rule of the Sunguises, because you would rarely see an Elan align himself with either King or Sunguise. Yet, some did.

This one, did.

Eternal Armade was one of the few who became an Elan after the war against the Fey, but as his title suggested, not long after. He lived his share of centuries, and he did not want people to forget that. Elans don't use their titles among mortals, but Armade did. He aligned himself with the Eye because he wanted to know, he wanted to see, he wanted to own. Hair deep green, pale skin with blue hue to it and deep black eyes, his clothes just as much a contrast to your surroundings as he himself. Fancy and delicate green embroidery covered his red fluffy shirt and sea-blue pants. His hair reaching almost his shoulders had two intertwining braids on both side of his head and a white gold circlet with a blue gemstone adorned his forehead.

After a few moments of silence, he nods and looks at the clone, who seems to shrink from the gaze.

"Mas- Excuse me, Eternal Armade, has requested that the next group of Hunters would be assigned to him. Hunters are usually free to choose their own tasks, and you are still allowed to reject requests... Technically." The clone says with a grimace. He looks so much smaller under the penetrating black eyes of Armade. "But if you wish the gain the favor of the Eye, it would be advised not to. At least not with a very good reason." He says.

Armade stands up. "He calls himself Hundred Twenty Four," the Elan says, waving at the clone, "but the Sunguise is such a bore when it comes to names, so call this one Preppity Proops." He waves his hands about, not minding the now red hue of the clone. "Usually the Hunters get a bunch of trinkets to identify themselves as such, but I decided to test you first. Preppity would here like me to remind you that this is not mandatory and you are free to leave and choose to get your trinkets anyway, so... I'm reminding you. Don't worry, after the test I'll give you some time before the next task, and I wouldn't say I'm too demanding." He glances at the clone, as if expecting him to agree or object, before continuing.

"One of the elderly priests at Clara Lox had a granddaughter... There was some debacle with her channeling demons and she fled. However, she stole one of the eight Swords of Eternal Light, swords that belonged to the eight Elans who led the assault on the fey. She was captured and sentenced to death, before the discovery. Eight years ago. The sword was not found, but one of the rituals to find some information has finally bore fruit. She had a son, and he is the one who currently carries the sword. We don't know anything about this son of hers, except that he is still within Clara Noctem. Do whatever you need to find him. I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding an eight year old boy carrying an ancient and powerful relic..." Eternal Armade draws out his longsword. It shines in the light of the torchlight, filling the room with a tingling sensation of power. The metal, while surely iron, has a dark golden hue to it. From the golden hilt spread twisting snakes, coiling around each other to form the crossguard. "This is, sadly, only a replica. But as even it would stand out, I'm sure you should be able to find a kid with it. If you are going to be an Eye Hunter, such a task ought to be simple for you." He finishes and turns to look at Preppity.

The clone looks around, before motioning to something to approach. What might have been mistaken as a play of the light is now revealed to be an actual creature, as a shadow approaches you across the floor. "This is Ovel. He is a shadow, but... Evolved, improved. Shadows are undead creatures that normally can't talk or extort force on anything, but Ovel can. He doesn't have much strength, but enough for some simple manipulation. He'll be keeping an eye on you and reporting to Eternal Armade, and the Eye. But he'll also help you with anything you need, within his powers, if you ask..."

"Everything clear?" Armade stands up.

Erik Vale
2014-10-05, 06:50 AM
It isn't often you learn that the Sunhunter you're working for has someone else behind them.
But, it also isn't often you learn your connection's been cut and submit to a new Sunguise.

The quest though, was puzzling.
"I have a feeling you already know where he is, and that is why this is only a test. What are the chances that the sword will be being returned to him or a similar person, to test others?"
Abbant wracks his mind for anything he knows as to the aforementioned Granddaughter... Like race, remaining family... Before giving in and reaching into his bag for a book, before calming his mind, knowing he can look for it later.

ChaosArchon
2014-10-05, 06:59 AM
Marius listens to the Elan speak and is entranced, if only briefly. To a psion such as himself, the Elans were the penultimate desire and potential of every psion that ever lived. To be immortal and all powerful, to be such a demi god, is a goal the young princeling dreamed to attain. It was a dream that he would accomplish one way or another, his service to the Eye would be just one stepping stone on his path to godhood and kingship, he knew it within his very soul.

After the clone finishes his speaking Marius speaks, as he does he speaks in a voice that is both as clear and cold as water flowing down a river; and just as a river seems pleasant, there is an inherent lethal quality to it as well. "The books you gave us, are those the only copies of them or do you have more, Number 124? Furthermore what information do we have on this wayward son of a witch? What does he look like, where was he last seen, how do we know he remains in the capital? How has he evaded the eyes of the Eye?"

Sephir
2014-10-05, 07:01 AM
"What are the powers of this sword ?" The Cloaked figure on the furthest right asked, removing his hood. With a face of Tanned skin and soft textures, it was easy to recognize him as one of the Desert dwelling human. "Does the boy know what it holds ? For it to be used in a war against such entities, i assume it will be quite powerful. Can the boy use them ?"

Ellyrion would not Desire to harm a child if he was no threat. But if it looked for revenge….Or the sword was intelligent as many powerful magical items and manipulated it….It was a different story. Still, he hoped he could resolve the matter peacefully

Sliver
2014-10-05, 07:31 AM
"Those are the only written copies." 124 says, nodding to Marius.

Eternal Armade looks at Abbant with a feint smile, one that does not reach his pure black eyes. "There are eyes, and there are hands. Contrary to other Sunguises, this one likes his hands to have eyes as well. However, those who are focused to be eyes still do a better job at knowing than those who are required to act." He motions to Ovel. "The eyes gather information so we know where to send the hands. We see the boy, but he still manages to slip between the fingers of the guards. Besides you, the other hands are far away, and this has been the situation for years. Those that have brought you here, Abbant, are the first to come back for a while, and they were still on a mission so we could not use them. This will be a test of your eyes, ears and hands."

He turns to Marius. "He is here because he cannot evade the guards to leave through the gates. Even if they know not of his appearance, the sword stands out too much. Without its scabbard, which is still within Clara Lux, it is impossible for him to hide the light." He pauses with a smile. "No, he did not leave the blade behind. Giving more information would ruin the fun... I have waited for eight years. I'm patient enough to wait a few more days."

He turns back to Abbant. "Obtaining the information is your test, obtaining the sword is your job."

Armande examines Ellyrion for a moment. "The sword has powers, yes, but to use even the most simple of its functions would require the right mind-" He motions at Marius offhandedly, "and training. The kid is unlikely the have the first, and definitely not the latter. Once you catch the boy, detaining him should be a simple task. Although if you care for such things, I'd kill him right there. The Inquisition is unlikely to go easy on the son of a demon-hostess."

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 08:08 AM
Elariel, after signing the book, knowing that it would lead to greater knowledge(Like how the sunguise learned the rest of the information about her), headed back into the city, feeling cold outside of the desert. At the church of Pelor, she sits there in the pews, smirking, knowing that the priest told only half the story. The sun brought life, but to anyone who lived in a desert, it was a deadly foe as well. Not that this priest mentioned that. Or of Pelor's habit of sending inquisitors to places they had no place. But, then, honesty from one of these priests was a rare thing, done entirely by accident.

Finally, things change, and they are stunned, and brought to another chamber, where their new employer explained things. After he finishes, and several others, including her brother, ask questions, she asks the more relevant one, for knowing the past leads to knowing the future.
"How was the sword stolen? It seems to be that such relics would be well guarded by the one using them. Simply walking in, taking it, and then walking out seems unlikely."

[roll0] know: History(About the swords)

Sliver
2014-10-05, 08:24 AM
Armade looks grim at the question. "The details of that are sadly lost to us. That room's shadow was killed and destroyed completely, no method of information gathering worked. The Inquisition got hold of her before any of our agents could get to her, and they wanted to get rid of her as quickly as possible, to cover up the fact that she was the granddaughter of one of the high ranking priests. After she was hanged, no information could be obtained from her. We tried... We concluded that it was part of the demons' plan and that they somehow blocked our magic. We interrogated the priest, but he did not seem to be involved in the plot and he seemed genuinely sorry that she was swept under the rug so quickly, even if she was working with demons. The guards that were positioned by the swords at the time were found dead, in compromising positions... She was not known for her abilities of seduction, so a succubus being at play, in one form or another, is also a likely possibility. With the wards placed on Clara Lux, our estimation is that she had called the demons to her and they shapeshifted to something that she could bring inside. Unfortunately, everyone thought highly of her until the incident, and she had not been required to go through the security measures that other visitors needed to."

The Eight Swords of Light are legendary, yet besides the fact that they were wielded by the original Elan in their assault against the Fey, little is known. One can look at them during his visit to Clara Lux, but nobody alive except the same Elan has ever seen them in use. Only rumors of their capabilities exist, for the Elan do not like to share the specifics of their powers to those who are unworthy, and those who are, are sworn to secrecy.

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 08:32 AM
"So you have no idea what happened."
From Elariel, that was a statement of fact. However, after a brief pause, she continues.
"It occurs to me that if getting the sword was the goal of the so called demons, and I say so called since no one seems to have actually seen them, it is likely that the sword would have been sent elsewhere. But it was not. Perhaps the goal was to get the sword to her son, and whatever force was helping her earlier is helping him to stay hidden. No 8 year old could hide for his entire life, on his own. Someone or something was protecting him. And that something would appear to be either the inquisition, or demons. Both are quite similar. Have you searched the inquisition, to see if they are hiding the boy, or have the sword?"

Sliver
2014-10-05, 08:38 AM
"As I have said before," Armade says rather impatiently, "we know where the boy is. We know he still has the sword, yet no ability to use it. I have also said that the reason that we do not have the sword is that all of the Hunters are currently on other missions, and with the sword being in the city, it wasn't urgent. You aren't told everything about the boy, because I want to see if you are capable of finding out on your own. As for others aiding him, of course. That much is obvious. He was just a babe when his mother died. He was raised by others, who are not demons. If you find them, you might make use of them in tracking the boy."

Sephir
2014-10-05, 08:38 AM
"Before, you said the inquisition would like to get his hands on the boy " Ellyrion said "So, i suppose they are looking for it as well. Is there any chence this will have….Implications on our investigation ? Do they know that the task is on our hands ? I certainly would not like some men of the cloth sticking their noses while they search for it.". He glanced to his sister, sinking his head in awkward shamefulness.

In fact, he would not like it at all. Ellyrion had a quite a hatred for inquisitors of any religion. As a student of the Diamond mind Disciple, he tried to control his emotions at the best of his ability. Indeed, at his nineteen year he could count on the fingers of his one hand the moments he had let his emotions overtake his good judgement.

After the inquisitor that arrived on his village tried to kill Elaria and the shaman, he had to start counting on the other hand.

Sliver
2014-10-05, 08:43 AM
"The Inquisition knows that of the sword and the boy, but nothing of importance. The only thing we told them is that he is within the city, so they did not expand any resources towards finding him, trusting that they will inform them if there are any issues on that front. I did not give them many choices. No measly grand priest outranks one such as I." He says, a hint of a satisfied smile touching his lips. "Don't worry, unless you drive the child into the public, screaming at him for stealing the sword and conspiring with demons, you are unlikely to be noticed by Pelorites."

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 08:44 AM
Idiot. He wants something done, but is unwilling to share the information to actually see it done. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, since, after all, no one with information really wants to share it. Perhaps this plan of mine wasn't such a good once.
Elariel looks annoyed with the Elan's refusal to share information, but she smiles at him.
"Of course. After all, you wanted us to gather information, yes? Not to use it?"

When Ellyrion reminds her of the actions of the inquisitor, she winces. She still didn't know where the inquisitor had found enough wood for that fire. But she was safe now, and no inquisitor was going to hurt her again.

Sliver
2014-10-05, 08:53 AM
"Are you incapable of grasping the concept of a test, child?" Armade snaps. "This is a controlled environment, one in which if you fail, the consequences would be minimal. I wish to see you in action and to know if you will be of use to me. Just because you are accepted as a Hunter, does not mean that. The sword will be retrieved, regardless of your ability. So understand this: I give you an opportunity to prove yourself. It's not an opportunity for me to get the sword. You aren't from around here, so I shall let this slip, this time. Understand this, desert girl, that I have a lot of influence. If you want to join your flaming chicken brethren, you will know your place."

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 08:55 AM
She just looks at him, defiantly angry.

Sønderjye
2014-10-05, 08:57 AM
Human being's in a mob, what's a mob to a king, what's a king to a god, what's a god to a nooooooooon-believer Noegle was quitely singing as he passed the building labeled with "CHAPEL OF CORELLON LARETHIAN" on his way to the local church of pelor. Against his better judgement he had decided to wear his own skin today. At least on the outside. It wasn't that the other skins were uncomfortable.. it was just that no skin was as amazing as his own. The perfectly straight dark eyebrows, the sharp nose and the deep brown eyes that could make even the stuborn people comply to his wishes. Nothing like him. He had chosen to use the earrings with the pelor symbol today, not because he was particularly religious but he felt it made him look more mysterious.

As he was about to enter the chapel he could feel the subtle urge to grind his butt against the nearby wall, comming from the animal under his skin. This was one of the many things that he wouldn't have dreamed about sharing with anyone and the bigger his suprise was when he read about it in his book.

--

When he sees the fellos hunters he sends them his innocent smile. A very warmhearting smile. One of those smiles that instantly makes you want to please this innocent young gentleman. Hi

The light is particularly painful to him because his third skin has incredible vision. Suppose there's a backside to all medals.

--

When he finally regains vision he is suprised by the Elan. I thought those were just a myth he. He looks right back into Eternal's stern gaze and tries to gather what he can about him based on appearance. He'd imagined Elans radiating light so this one was a slight disappointment. But his style!! Even though Noegle was wearing one of his most fashionably advanced outfit this guy surpassed him. And that is before noticing the yellow-black shoes. His lips goes slightly from each other and he supresses a shout Is that Ormani? That man is a genious, those shoes are worth more than everything I am wearing combined!
He is almost as suprised when he hears how much respect the SUNGUISE have for the costly dressed elan.

Sense motive to see if said Elan is trustworthy [roll0]
Lot's of posts. I will have to look through all the responses not to repeat any question.

Sephir
2014-10-05, 09:15 AM
"Flaming….Chicken ?" Ellyrion almost hissed, but regained his composure. One must find Calm within himself even in the most unstable conditions, such as the bird finds Refuge in the eye of a raging storm the voice of his teacher resounded within himself, He still had no idea what a storm is, or it's eye for that matter. Probably a very big creature if a bird could fit in it's eye.

He took a deep breath and raised his head, his gaze filled with an unnerving calm.

Erik Vale
2014-10-05, 09:21 AM
Abbant suppresses, not entirely successfully, the urge to chuckle.
"It appears all are clear, even if it appears some would rather skip it, my curiosity was more should it happen to be a standing test." Abbant bows his head slightly in respect as he speaks, mirth absent from his tone.

"Should you have nothing more for us, it seems I have a date with a priest and a occasionally empty tome, and we have a date with a young boy."
It is only after the words have left his mouth that he realises what he's just said... He keeps his face admirably blank though.

Sønderjye
2014-10-05, 09:22 AM
Noegle is suprised by the lack of manners from the savage girl. He use the time they are being angry at each other to evaluate his option in the boy-hunt. Reminds him of the anual Hunt, except the prey was more mature there.

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 09:24 AM
Elariel smiles softly at the man's gaffe.
"And that is why no one likes priests. They seem nice, until they want to stick things in you, or light you on fire."

Erik Vale
2014-10-05, 09:45 AM
"Good thing I'm not a priest then, however if I was him I'd be more worried about my guardians in the instance of sticking... And I've never gotten the fire thing."
Abbant speaks slightly slower after his gaffe, as if considering his sentence first.

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 09:55 AM
Elariel nods.
"Then let us hope that you refrain. Now, since we aren't going to be getting anything useful from that fellow, why don't we get started?"
You can hear the scorn in her voice for that fellow quite plainly. Once she finishes, she turns around, looking for the exit.

Sønderjye
2014-10-05, 09:55 AM
Noelge is a bit uncomfortable. Talking casually in such an important situation, ignoring the man feared by sunguises in front of them. There is at least 10 breaches of manners here. He looks for at the Elan to see how he reacts. This should tell something about his personality.

Sliver
2014-10-05, 10:04 AM
The black eyes stare coldly at Elariel. "I let it slip once. I warn you. You will not talk to me in such a way, or you will suffer. Is that understood?" Eternal Armade says sternly. He stands, his hands clasped behind his back. There is no challenge there, only a promise. Of pain.

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 10:08 AM
Elariel looks at him, no fear showing in her eyes.
"I believe I understand you perfectly. I was not, after all, talking to you."

With that, she turns, and leaves.

Sønderjye
2014-10-05, 10:10 AM
Dang! Owned peasant girl Noelge shouts in his head, while mentally high-fiving himself.

His amusement promptly stops when he hears her reply. He is very cautious about not showing how much he pays attention to the answer from the millenia old Elan and instead studies the other hunter's clothing.

Sliver I think you missed my sence motive roll to see how trustworthy the Elan is. Roll was 28

Sliver
2014-10-05, 10:11 AM
As Elariel turns, but before she manages to leave, Armade speaks again. "It matters not who you are talking to. You will not address me as that fellow, ever. In or without my presence. It will be a shame if I'll have to kill your brother, just to teach you a lesson, don't you think?"

Erik Vale
2014-10-05, 10:14 AM
Not having been taken from the room as Abbant expected, and suprised by the girls lack of annihilation, Abbant instead bows to the Elan while remaining silent, then turns to look for an exit to a room whose entrance was missing moments ago, leaving should one appear.

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 10:18 AM
Elariel turns back, now quite angry.
"It isn't polite to refer to someone by name when they have not introduced themselves. Any child would know that. And if you harm my brother..."
She lets the threat sink in for a moment.
"You would regret that choice. Demanding respect is not the same as earning it."

Sliver
2014-10-05, 10:25 AM
"I have earned my position." Armade says. "The fact that I am who I am is proof enough. I do not need to account for my actions for you. As you know my name perfectly well, referring to me as 'that fellow' is not the more polite option. And as you have been warned enough..." He says, glancing at Ellyrion for a brief instance.

Elariel and Ellyrion, make a will save. (Mind affecting, and you are flat-footed)

Sønderjye
2014-10-05, 10:31 AM
Noegle is growing increasingly annoyed with the filthy casual. His training in correct manners does however stop him from showing his feelings while someone as Eternal is around.

Sephir
2014-10-05, 10:39 AM
Ellyrion Suddenly Felt a dark shadow clinging on the edges of he consciousness . He steeled his mind, trying to fight it off.

[roll0]

Sliver
2014-10-05, 10:47 AM
Ellyrion feels the pressure in his mind, crushing and painful, but he steels through, though he can feel the warm blood dripping from his nose. (19 damage)

But for his sister... Caught by surprise, Elariel's mind is unable to withstand the anger of the ancient being that she offended. Darkness descends upon her as she feels her essence crushed. (She falls to -1 hp, dying)

Eternal Armade looks at her, crumpled on the floor in a heap of undignified limbs, defiance squeezed out of her limp body, at least for now, and then turns, nodding at Ellyrion. "You were trained at control, and this is the perfect trial. Tend to her wounds, or attack me and have her killed before your very eyes. Do not push me."

Sønderjye
2014-10-05, 10:51 AM
First cockroach down, that was quick. Noegle almost forget to act worried.

Sephir
2014-10-05, 10:55 AM
"You….You…."Ellyrion grunted, Ready to charge at the monster before he sees his sister collapsing. He barely registered The Elan's words or his nose bleed as he runs to her side. Every Inch of his body, Trained in the savagery of the Tiger claw and the scorching Vengeance of the Desert Wind discipline urged him to kill the Elan.

Action Before Thought
But more impulsive instincts took in, those of protection.

"No!" He yelled, grabbing her tightly as he checked her for wounds. No external…just the same thing that attacked his mind. Noticed she was not breathing, he desperately tried for CPR, squeezing her chest and lungs to force her to breathe.

1d20+4

Sønderjye
2014-10-05, 11:01 AM
Noegle exhales. Time for some easy point
He rushes to the dying girl and kneels beside her. Let me help her he says with a reassuring smile to the brother. He forces his hands to touch her while casting virtue. This will keep her steady for some time.

Virtue returns her to 0 which makes her stable right?

Sliver
2014-10-05, 11:11 AM
The Elan watches Ellyrion for a moment before nodding and promptly vanishing.

As for the exit, there are stairs leading out of this chamber. You can see the light from the priest's bedroom shining weakly.

Sephir
2014-10-05, 11:22 AM
Ellyrion Looked at the place where the Elan stood, eyes burning with cold hatred. He turned to Elaria with worry,sighing in relief as he noticed she was breathing trying to pick her up off ground. She was not heavy, but Ellyrion's strong point was not strength , and he had to be careful not to hurt her. He trailed off to the stairs, looking for a place to lay her safely.

Sønderjye
2014-10-05, 11:24 AM
Noegle exhales. Time for some easy point
He rushes to the dying girl and kneels beside her. Let me help her he says with a reassuring smile to the brother. He forces his hands to touch her while casting CMW. This will keep her steady for some time.

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 11:30 AM
As the magic of the spell seeps into her, Elariel opens her lovely green eyes, now clearly visible in the light of the priest's room. She's wearing sand colored leather armor, with a longsword at her hip, and a longbow across her back, not strung. She doesn't wear any jewelery, and while her skin is tan, it isn't nearly as dark as that of Ellyrion, her brother. Oddly enough, there seems to be a hummingbird peering out from her hair, looking at the happenings curiously. There is blood running from her nose, and her face seems clean, if fairly plain.

Her first actions are to reach up and hold her head, wincing from pain.
"My head... What did that arrogant bastard do..."

Sephir
2014-10-05, 11:32 AM
Ellyrion almost jerked at the human trying to touch his sister, but he was relieved to see he applied some healing magic. "Thank you" He said with boundless relief and gratitude 'You have our deepest thanks. You have my weapon whenever you wish so. "
He noticed Elaria started coming to her senses, and he gently laid her down, ready to be help her again.

"He hit us with a spell" He said softly" Hit me quite rough, you even worse. I would kill him…but you were dying. He disappeared when you were stabilized. How do you feel ?"

Sønderjye
2014-10-05, 11:38 AM
When Elariel opens her eyes she stares into a pair of deep concerned eyes. I hope for your sake he didn't hear that, I only prepared one healing spell today The smiling face says as it pulls away from her. Stay casual! I'm Noegle by the way, what are your names?
Assuming they answer he will try to draw the other hunters into the conversation by also asking their names.

(the above was intended before Sephir posted. Note he looks like the picture right now, are humans weird creatures to you guys?)

Sliver
2014-10-05, 11:41 AM
"Please... Do not speak of him in such fashion." The clone says, following up the stairs. As soon as all of you leave into the bedroom, the wall panel slides into place, hiding the passage and making it invisible. "He is rarely offended, so he is quick to anger when he is. You are the first to be allowed to live after offending him... Three times..." He says, worried and looking about. His eyes linger on Ovel. "Please..." He repeats.

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 11:44 AM
As she continues to recover, Elariel realizes that she's lying on a bed, and she sits up, and immediately winces even more as the pain hits again.
"That explains the headache. He's arrogant, that's for sure. I... Don't think I'm going to be much good for the next week or so. I feel like if I stand up, I'm going to pass out. And the light is painful. Not good."
When the stranger introduces himself, Elariel tries to be polite, but after a brief, abortive attempt at standing, she gives up, and sits on the bed once more.
"I am Elariel, and this poor fellow here is my brother, Ellyrion."

She ignores the clone.

Sephir
2014-10-05, 11:50 AM
"Wait here" Ellyrion says softly, ruffling through Elaria's hair as he takes off any equipment that may make her uncomfortable "I got some money left, it'll get at the capital and buy you as many potions as you need to get back on your feet. Just don't try insulting any beings that can kill you with a thought while i am off, okay ? I don't think i can lose you again"

He turned to Noegle "Can you keep watch of her ?"

Sliver
2014-10-05, 11:52 AM
124 winces as Elaria calls Armade arrogant, ignoring him, but he tries again. "We are in the bedroom of a priest... Even the lesser churches have healing supplies or some training in divine magic to provide basic aid. It might not cure her fully, but it would ease the pain enough for her to walk without collapsing..."

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 11:53 AM
Elariel tries to dodge her brother's ruffling her hair, something that she had never liked much, but with her headache, she is unable to do so.
"I don't think I'm going to be going anywhere anytime soon, El. It might be better to convince the priest to help out, but there's no use in wasting money on something that time will cure. However much I might wish otherwise."

Sønderjye
2014-10-05, 11:56 AM
Noegle is about to handwave the thanks but noticing the solemn way Ellyrion speaks he tries to match and replies I accept your thanks

My pleasure the smiling young gentleman replies. Does all names in the desert start with El?

Seing the girl seems like she'd rather sleep he turns to the clone Mister Hundred Twenty Four may I ask you a question? Assuming the clone gives his accept he'll continues How come Eternal Armade treats you that way? You are a part of the legendary sunguise the Eye are you not?

Edit: Of course

Diplomacy 20+12
I chose to play on the fact that the guy seems like he is insecure and tries to bolster his self-esteem. Does it give bonusses? :smallbiggrin:
Also Noegle is really interested in how the clone was made but won't display his interest openly.

Sephir
2014-10-05, 11:59 AM
"Thank you, 124" Ellyrion said , looking around the room for any oils or potions, trying not to make much of a noise

Taking 20 on a search test around the room

Sliver
2014-10-05, 12:05 PM
The clone shrinks at the question. "The Eye chooses his vessel based on how much they achieved, how esteemed they are compared to the others, how strong they are, mentally and physically. Every time he moves into a new body, he gains something from the clone, growing better every time. Eternal Armade decided that I should be the next vessel, for some reason... Maybe he likes the challenge of that, maybe he wants to influence the Sunguise even more..." 124 shakes his head. "His newest strategy is to push me into action. To stand up for myself... It... Doesn't work." He frowns at Ellyrion's searches. "I thought you would ask the priest, not that you would ruffle through his personal belongings..."

Obviously, the priest does not keep important medical supplies in his personal bedroom.

Sephir
2014-10-05, 12:12 PM
"I hardly think that the priest would accept to help intruders that entered on his bedroom right in front of his eyes." Ellyrion said "Doe he knows that Eternal Armade has…meetings here ?"

Archmage1
2014-10-05, 12:20 PM
Elariel laughs, a clear, joyous sound. Humor still in her voice, she looks at her brother.
"El, why don't you go and ask the priest? I'm sure he knows we are here. Even if he doesn't, we weren't raised as thieves."

Sephir
2014-10-05, 12:54 PM
"Fine" Ellyrion said,blushing as she used his nickname in front of others. In her position, he could not say no " But if he starts talking about heresy or reaches for a torch, he will be told in no uncertain terms how far my weapon will be shoved of his butt"

He went out, waiting for the sermon to end as he approached the priest, not wanting to gather much attention

Sønderjye
2014-10-05, 01:06 PM
While they are waiting for the ceremony to end Noegle asks So does anyone have any idea to how to find the boy?

Sliver
2014-10-05, 01:33 PM
The sermon stops after a bit and the small crowd leaves as the priest turns to you. "Yes, my child, is there anything you need? Did your meeting go well?" The man asks. You would say that the man is in his forties, but his head shaved and the long beard, he is trying to look older, to appear more dignified. He wears plain white robes, symbolic to his rather low rank in the clergy of Pelor.

Sephir
2014-10-05, 02:11 PM
"I am afraid not, sir" Ellyrion said softly "To be exact, one of our companions was quite hurt due to an....accident. She is not dead, although she came horribly close to that. We would like to ask your help on this matter. We have little money at the moment, but if you need help with anything we have quite an array of skills"

ChaosArchon
2014-10-05, 03:24 PM
Marius watches as the scene unfolds, silently observing the power of the Elan and listening to the information both #124 and the Elan himself give him. Even more curious is the fact that the Elan seems to stand above the Sunguise, and he is not even the oldest or more powerful of such beings. As he sees the young woman crumple under Eternal's psionic might, he looks at her with a slight amount of disdain. It was obvious the Elan was a powerful person yet she continued to provoke it, she either was arrogant or stupid, of which he hoped the former was more true if he was to travel and work with her.

As the others being speaking about the psionic assault, Marius speaks up,"That was not a spell, it was a manifestation. Psionic individuals aren't as mundane as to cast spells, no we manifest the powers inherent in our own stores of knowledge. Semantics aside, perhaps it would be best in the future if you only mock those who you know you can defeat, to do otherwise would be foolhardy my dear." As the girl's brother leaves the room, Marius decides to go with him, if only to assist him should the priest seem unwilling to help. A request from a normal citizen might go unanswered, but as far as the country was concerned, Marius was a paladin of the holy twit Pelor.

Erik Vale
2014-10-05, 07:41 PM
Abbant simply nods, having been caught up on what went down below, thinking to himself.
'Definitely not the brightest candles in the set. Must be lucky normally.'
"Hey, before you go, being a Pelorite would you have a clue as to the name of the woman who took the sword? It must have been on the inside of the years I was... Otherwise indisposed."

ChaosArchon
2014-10-05, 07:47 PM
As the person known as Abbant asks him the question, Marius turns around for a brief moment and says,"I'm afraid not, it is... concerning that a paladin of Pelor wasn't informed of this but perhaps the priest's followers were more adept at hiding it than we have been led to believe. Either way, I know as much about the kid as you do."

Erik Vale
2014-10-05, 08:15 PM
"I'll come down as well then."
Abbant shakes his head as he rises. He'll need a name first.

Sliver
2014-10-06, 01:14 PM
As the group leaves to talk to the priest, the shadow, Ovel, rises up against the wall and looks at Elariel. "You call the Eternal arrogant, why is that?" He asks, curious. "Is arrogance not confidence unearned? He nearly destroyed you and your brother with little effort, lived for centuries and earned a position of near godhood... Would it not be the way you behaved that is arrogant, and not his?"

"Arrogant, disrespectful, childish, suicidal, foolish, take your pick." 124 says with disdain, clearly annoyed at being ignored. "If she and her brother think that they are a match for him, they will not live for long. But of course, they know better than anyone else." He sighs and turns to Elariel. "Did you not understand what he said to you? The order that you wish to join, it is waiting. If Eternal Armade does not approve of you, neither you nor your brother will be accepted. There is a finite number of members of your order alive at any moment. If the Eternal denies your entry, it doesn't mean that you will walk away."

The priest looks confused for a moment, but then scowls. "Ah, yes, of course... She has slipped down the stairs, did she? I will gladly offer you my aid, no charge." He says and walks into the bedroom. "These are dangerous steps, very dark and slippery." He says and looks at Elariel, lying on his bed. "It's unfortunate, but if you aren't careful, these steps can prove deadly... You are lucky, I haven't heard of anyone surviving a fall li-"

"Eternal Armade is not stupid, priest." 124 says coldly. "He is not a god, either. Word can reach him regardless how you mask the intent behind your words. I would watch my tongue, if I were you. You don't want to slip down the stairs yourself, do you?"

The priest laughs nervously. "Of course, of course, I meant nothing by it! Just tried to warn her before she is harmed even more..."

"I tried, she refuses to listen. Heal her. If she dies by his hand, it would not be due to ignorance, but arrogance." 124 turns to the rest of you. "I do hope your survival instinct is not as poor as hers, take care." He bows and leaves.

The priest puts his hand into his sleeve and draws out a wand with swan carving in the wood, tapping Elariel with it softly. Soft white light extends out of it and envelopes her, and she feels her pain ease. The priest frowns and draws another wand, repeating his actions.

"I apologize, but I cannot offer more healing today. I need to keep some in case of emergencies, I do hope you understand." He bows.

28 points of healing

Archmage1
2014-10-06, 01:35 PM
Elarish shakes her head as Ovel rises up.
"Arrogance is an attitude, nothing more. He chose to lord the information he had over us, and he didn't introduce himself. His power is irrelevant to my opinion of him. I do not fear death."
She smiles slightly.
"After all, I've already done it before."

When 124 threatens her, Elariel shakes her head.
"I will not be moved by threats."

She watches the byplay between the priest and the clone, but does not respond. However, when he heals her, she smiles at him.
"Of course. Thank you for your aid. I think..."
She stands, and while the world spins, it soon stops. Her head was still pounding, but the pain was muted enough that she could ignore it.
"I think I can stand, and walk now. Thank you."

With a final nod, and a smile for the priest, she heads out into the central area, soon finding the others.
"A search for information. I'm afraid that my talents don't lie in such directions. Do any of yours?"

Sønderjye
2014-10-06, 02:27 PM
My talent lies in most directions. That amongst other things include persuading. Is anyone else skilled in the arts of extracting information?
The lad asks with his innocent smile. He decides to let the others feel imporant. Since the boy was an infant initially his mother would be our clue. Talking to the inner circle of the pelor church would be a possibility. Likewise looking into the relations the mother had before her theft is a way of doing it. What do you think? Is anyone from the area?

At some point he will ask Marcus(assuming he is wearing some pelor sign) Seing you are a follower of Pelor, do you have additional informations or perhaps know someone who would?

Archmage1
2014-10-06, 02:31 PM
"If he has a fancy sword, that is the sort of thing that people notice. We could see about hiring someone to locate it for us, as it shouldn't be hard to find. Or we could just walk away, and do something that will actually allow us to learn something, and actually make a name for ourselves, rather than this fairly pointless task."

Sønderjye
2014-10-06, 02:51 PM
Not if the sword is hidden. Do you think he would have been able to remain hideen for 8 years if he was waving it around in the streets.
There is a lot of reasons to stay and complete the task. I know you don't care about dying again and don't like Eternal Armade but if not for you then do it for your brother. Don't you think he would be devestated if you were killed because you refused to find a child with a shiny sword? If we do it quickly we can go and make a name for ourself faster right? Noegle tries to play on the sibling bond, hoping that the filthy casual will stop being so troublesome soon. Why do they so often resist the wishes of those more important than them, it was almost as if they wanted to convince themselves that they were imporant enough to matter.

Archmage1
2014-10-06, 02:57 PM
Elariel shakes her head.
"The sword may or may not be hidden. Remember, others know of its whereabouts, and are simply choosing not to share. Assuming the information was acquired via an information network of some sort, a thieves guild would be an excellent place to start."
Elariel listens to Noegle's attempt to point out the threat, but she shakes her head.
"It doesn't work like that. As he said, doing this is optional."
Idiot. You'd think he respects that arrogant creature.

Sephir
2014-10-06, 03:07 PM
"It is clear that the boy is having some support" Ellyrion said as he climbed up, unaware of the conversation that transpired before " somebody is hiding him from the church. My guess would be either the demon that affiliated with it's mother, a group opposed to Pelor, or any family of his in hiding"

Archmage1
2014-10-06, 03:10 PM
Elariel smiles warmly at her brother.
"Of course. We just need to find them. Something that we aren't suited for. Thus, we will need to find those who are suited for this, and enlist their aid, which will probably lead us to helping that group in some way, assuming we are committed to doing this."

Sønderjye
2014-10-06, 03:20 PM
Is she seriously considering the sword to be waved around in the streets? Suppose that's what you could expect from a savage.

When Ellyrion speaks he responds Any of those could be.
There is no way that I will down myself to the level of begging mere thieves for help, the idea is repulsive! This inner circle of Pelor still would be the obvious place of gaining information regarding the mother and her connections.

Archmage1
2014-10-06, 03:27 PM
Is that Noegle fellow an idiot? If the church of pelor had any idea where the boy was, they would have acted. As he is still presumably alive, they can't have found him.
She looks at Noegle, and shakes her head, sighing at his foolishness.
"You wouldn't be begging, but offering an exchange of services. Thieves are often quite good with current knowledge. If the circle of Pelor knows anything, they would have acted on it. After all, they do so dislike people who don't agree with them."

Sephir
2014-10-06, 03:27 PM
"I doubt they will give us any meaningful information" ellyrion scowled " Had they the needed information, they would have recovered the sword instead of calling to the sunguise for aid. Not to mention they do not seem to like the lordship of the Eye over them"

Sønderjye
2014-10-06, 03:43 PM
Elariel's point about exchange pokes Noegle in an unpleasant spot. He knew that he should have brought more money when he left.

Do you usually offer your services to robbers and criminals?
The circle would have acted if they knew where the sword was. Obviously they don't however they will know about the mother's history, about her person and possibly let us spot something they missed. Do you not think that the circle knows the family relations of the child? That's more than we do.

Archmage1
2014-10-06, 04:48 PM
"Usually? No. Not at all. But in this case, if we are to do this, we have no useful alternatives. After all, why would the circle of pelor share their knowledge with outsiders, even if they have any? We already know the family. Remember the embarrassment of the church? This is why I would vastly prefer to walk away."

Sønderjye
2014-10-06, 05:09 PM
Because we are sun hunters. And because one of us are a member of their church.

Archmage1
2014-10-06, 05:12 PM
Elariel shakes her head again, amazed at this fool's sheer idiocy.
"Do you really thing that the Church of Pelor, a group that doesn't like the lordship of the Sunguises, is going tell a group of Hunters a secret that embarrasses them? The thieves are the more trustworthy of the two."

Sønderjye
2014-10-06, 05:25 PM
Assuming that the circle will ignore a reasonable request from one of their own then yes I do think that they will coorporate. You just felt the power of Armade, surely you must agree that non-suicidal people would prefer not to enjoy the same experience.

After ending the sentence Noegle takes a deep breath. He can't believe that this dust girl is able to affect him this much. Even though he's not happy to admit it he's actually a bit impressed.

Archmage1
2014-10-06, 05:37 PM
She snorts.
"If you believe that they will help, you clearly don't know the church of Pelor very well. The low ranking clerics might be ok, but the upper ranking ones... they can't be trusted. But, if you feel that they can be, that's your grave, not mine."

[roll0] know: Local: What does she know about the local thieves guilds?

ChaosArchon
2014-10-06, 07:13 PM
Marius listens to the exchange between to two and with the patient of a saint, ironically enough, he restrains himself from weighing in on the conversation of which of his new allies had a short life expectancy. "I could check with my order, even though the priests of Pelor have hidden this secrets, any priest that would lie to a paladin of Pelor and open themselves up to an inquisitorial investigation is only slightly more intelligent than a man covering himself in meat and attempting to snuggle with a bear." he grins for a moment,"If they are still continuing to shelter the child, they won't do so for much longer. I can be quite... persuasive. Eventually they'll be confessing every little deed they've done." For a moment, despite being his allies, you feel a strange aura radiate from him. This is not one of courage that many travelers speak of when they tell tales of being aligned with one of the blessed knights, no this is an aura of pure, intense fear. While you are brave enough to neither cower nor flee, it is still an unnerving presence which seems to contrast with the small smile on his face.

Erik Vale
2014-10-06, 07:56 PM
"I just need a name, which sounds like it'd be common knowledge among the local priest hood, at least the family name."

Archmage1
2014-10-08, 01:38 PM
Looking at the other three, all with their shiny determination that the church of Pelor was good, and would help them, Elariel feels old. Looking sad, she eyes them.
"If you feel the risk is worth it, go for it."
She turns to her brother, Ellyrion.
"Ellyrion, do you want to come to the thieves guild with me, or do you think it's a good idea to keep an eye on them, since I don't think they know what they are walking into?"

Sephir
2014-10-09, 01:07 AM
" A paladin of Pelor walks with them, so i doubt they need aid" Ellyrion said smiling " Besides, I have heard some masters of the shadow hand discipline rule or work for the largeet thieves guilds. It would be good to test my skills and continue my training. I shall come with you"

Archmage1
2014-10-09, 05:45 AM
Elariel smiles at her brother, happy that he'd agreed to come too. Two was a far better number than one, as she had learned in her travels.
"Excellent. Then there is no reason to stay around here. We can meet back here at sunset, which should be plenty of time to investigate what we find. Are you ready, Ellyrion?"

Sønderjye
2014-10-09, 12:06 PM
I agree, no reason to stay here. Let's meet at the Eye of the Storm instead, much more pleasant environment.
Noegle is happy that at least some in the group have enough dignity to not bargain with filthy thieves.

On the way to the inner circle he will ask the four-armed Abbant why he only needs a name
In addition to asking Marius how he is planning on forcing them to confess.
He will ask questions to get a general feeling of the strength and weaknesses of the two and assuming they share he will reveal himself to be a shapeshifter.

NB: I took the liberty of naming a fancy tavern uptown: The Eye of the Storm.
Noegle is ready to move to the next scene.

Sephir
2014-10-09, 02:04 PM
"Just one moment sister" Ellyrion said, taking out a small platinum shield at the size of the palm of his hand . With a swift incantation, he called on his innate powers, surrounding his form with a a shadowy field of energy , barely visible. "We are good to go"
Casting Greater Mage Armor on Self, 6 hours duration
Ellyrion is ready to move a the next scene

Archmage1
2014-10-09, 02:14 PM
Recognizing the spell, Elaria smiles softly. The spell she'd use was rather more showy.
"Then let's go. It should be fairly easy to find, since the headquarters is in the Clara Lux. With a bit of luck, this should be fast, and painless."

She heads out, pausing to make sure El was following, before she heads to the Clara Lux.

Sønderjye
2014-10-09, 02:38 PM
It is weird to me that the church and the thieves guild are sharing the same building Noegle says wondering as he walks.

Archmage1
2014-10-09, 02:42 PM
Elarial looks over at him.
"That depends entirely on the building. And on the church in question, although I would have more expected the assassin's guild than the thieves' guild."

Sønderjye
2014-10-09, 02:45 PM
What is the deal with you and the church of pelor? Noegle curiously asks.

Sliver
2014-10-09, 02:45 PM
"Clara Lux is the heart of the city, light and shadow blend together." Ovel says, mingling with your shadow, reciting something he heard. "Is there a better place to be protected by the All-Seeing, than underneath the Light of his Children?" The shadow pauses, then continues more awkwardly. "I mean, for a group that acts against the law, while still being within the law, is there logic you can apply? What difference does it make? The Eye said they be there, and so they do. Being so close to light and law, reminds them how fragile their freedom is. They squirm. It is amusing, is it not?"

Archmage1
2014-10-09, 02:48 PM
Elariel stops in the pathway as Noegle asks his question, and it is a moment before she speaks, her voice harsh, and serious.
"You think they are all nice and loving, yes? They follow the sun, and the sun is far harsher than you know. I have seen things... They are not what you think they are."

Ovel brings her mind back, and she resumes walking.
"That depends entirely on what amuses you. Personally, I've never liked squirming."

Sønderjye
2014-10-09, 03:20 PM
Noegle stiff slightly as the shadow speaks. He almost forgot it was there. After listening to what it has to say he doesn't really have an answer. Instead he asks So what is your story Ovel? Surely it must be an interesting one.

​They are not what I think they are? Then what are they?

Archmage1
2014-10-09, 03:24 PM
She simply shakes her head, continuing to walk towards Clara Lux.

Sephir
2014-10-09, 03:33 PM
"They are quite self righteous in my opinion" Ellyrion said, far more braver in expressing his opinions "They say if you look far too long in te sun , you will go blind. SUch is the nature of the Pelorites. They are so close to their supposed place of perfect light and good, they see everything else as dark shadows. Pelor is a god of forgiveness, but not one of acceptance with that which is different. They often send "Inquisitors" to "Liberate" the "Unenlightened " Of their "False Gods" One of those in my Village".

He paused, looking with a glare of Worry at Elaria "It did not end well for either parties"

Sønderjye
2014-10-09, 03:48 PM
Noegle's has his prejudices confirmed yet again when Elariel refuses to answer the question. Only someone with the manners of a monkey would throw something like that in someone's face and then not expand on it.

He turns his attention to Ellyrio How much have you hung around religious types? I have yet to meet one who isn't self righteous He says before realising that he is supposed to express empathy. I'm sorry for what happened, do you think that you are capable of putting your feelings aside for this mission?

Sephir
2014-10-09, 04:00 PM
" The fact Eternal Armade has not Scars from my weapon and that my sister is still alive thanks to that is proof i can" Ellyrien answered swiftly "However, my experience tell me two things: First, the church would not like to help someone involved in the event i mentioned before. Given the inquisitor had a telepathetic bond of shorts with someone away, i can deduce the church might know about us .Secondly , I do not think i can quite well socialize with Pelorites, due to the fact that after the aforementioned event and many more in other tribes of my homeland, they have a short of prejudice against us "

Sliver
2014-10-10, 03:50 AM
"You may know that Shadows usually have basic intelligence, but they cannot speak." Ovel says. "This does not prevent communication however, as they can be taught to shape themselves into writings or symbols that are similar to the sign language originally devised by the drow. But sometimes they are not enough. The potential held by the mobility and stealth of a shadow weren't fully realized due to their lower intelligence, so we tried something else. The usual creation of a shadow is being killed by one, but that usually created a shadow filled with hunger and hate for life, until it was tamed. We believed that the hate that filled the shadow destroyed any of the humanity that it used to have, so we tried to devise an alternative method of creation. After researching the essence of the shadow, we needed a willing subject for the transformation. I volunteered, and it worked."

Sephir
2014-10-10, 04:52 AM
"The fact you are not a creature hellbent of destroying life is good" Ellyrion Chuckled "Do the pelorites know that you are not a normal shadow ? YOu may need to hide, or every cleric or paladin in the cathedral might decide to smite you"

Sliver
2014-10-10, 05:25 AM
"Please avoid trying to teach me my position." Ovel says. "Without the trinkets, I'm the only one who can vouch for your status as a Hunter. The pelorites won't allow you access to the information you seek without me, regardless of their feelings towards undead. There are no wild shadows in the city, as all the ones were tamed and new ones aren't created without careful supervision."

Sønderjye
2014-10-11, 03:18 AM
If you attacked the Elan he wouldn't be the one with scars Noegle thinks but instead he says Then the idea of splitting up is probably a good one.

Such a strange city Interesting story. Do you remember much of your former life? Do you miss it?

Would be fine with timeskipping to clara lux.

Erik Vale
2014-10-11, 11:58 PM
Abbant follows on with the group.
"I am interested as well. From what I know of such transformations, little is often left beyond basic knowledge."

Yes please for the timeskip.

Sliver
2014-10-14, 09:30 AM
"I remember some, not all, and what I do remember... It's faded. I left my former life to serve better and to help make a path for others to follow. Some experiences I will no longer have, but it is a price I do not regret." Ovel says.

You pass through the inner gates without issues, as the guards recognize Marius and Noegle, only observing the others casually. The guards prided themselves on keeping an up-to-date knowledge of the nobles, holymen and government workers so much that they would not need to stop and waste their time. Deeper into the checkpoint would always sit a more keen observer who had the resources to see through magical disguises, but they would also stop people who tried to sneak by with mundane disguises. How they would do that, was their secret.

It was Garrol Stoneheart who stood vigilant at the end of the checkpoint today, a paladin known for his strictness. His eyes locked with Marius' and he waited, returning the salute (assuming) when it came. Marius might have had the blood of the king in him, but Garrol was higher ranked within the church, and that was all that mattered.

He observed the others, lingering on each of you until you felt awkward, before nodding and letting you through the thick walls and into the inner district.

Clara Lux towered high above you, seventy stories tall. It was scary to consider that more floors are added every year, and it's hard to imagine the use of all of them. The different time periods of construction are visible on the layers of the giant building, as the styles change, the decorations vary and even the stone itself is different and constantly changes as it goes up. Such form of construction doesn't seem wise, but the building holds and is assured to hold many more expansions. Perhaps when it reaches the height of the Darastix Mountain, whoever is in charge of that crazy project will be satisfied?

The guards open the doors for you, letting you into the entrance hall. The hall occupies the first three floors, with offices filling in the sides of the hall, traversed by sidewalks and allowing you a glimpse at how huge Clara Lux is. The pink marble floor is polished and reflects the light of the crystalline chandeliers hanging above you, shining brilliantly with multitude of colors. A great fountain stands in the center of the hall, surrounded by benches and tables, where people sit and talk, with a few eating or working, or eating and working.

In front of the fountain is a great stone scroll, engraved into are the points of interest within each floor. Of course, the church of Pelor occupies the forth and up to the seventh floor, with the actual place of worship being on the forth floor and the residential area being on the seventh, the floors between are dedicated to the archives, sixth floor, and the general facilities, such as training and meditation, on the fifth floor.

On the other hand, the thieves' guild, doesn't have an obvious marker on the scroll. That would be insane. Would they find themselves in the lower levels, or perhaps one of the higher floors, being a rather recent addition made by the Sunguise? Knowing they should be here is different from knowing where they are.

You notice another Elan, Marius and Noegle recognize him as Francius Rilltz, a former elf scholar who was turned into an Elan only recently, a few decades ago, is sitting on the fountain's stones and talking to a young woman wearing the church's robes. His clothes are rather plain and even their embroidery is quite simple, as it seems the man has not adjusted to his position as an Elan and probably views himself as a scholar above all else. Francius isn't known as an ambitious man, but Marius heard that it was his passion that made the counsel recognize him and accept him into their fold. Two men stand at his sides, watching for any suspicious movement, obviously his guards. Eternal Armade was confident of his power, but this man might not have as much training and experience as his elder. Even though his younger age, Francius has a much older appearance, with white hair and tired pale blue eyes.

Archmage1
2014-10-14, 09:47 AM
Taking in the incredible amount of wealth wasted on the Clara Lux, Elaria can't help but feel disgusted.
These people... they have people starving in the streets, but there were the funds to build something like this? Idiots. At least in the village, no one starved, or everyone starved. The wealthy might have eaten a little better, but not much. Here, wealth is either an imagined dream that people desperately chase, or it is something so ingrained that they never even notice it.
After a few moments, her composure returns, and she looks around, doing her best to seem ambivalent to the waste around her, and she looks around for stairs down. When she finds them, she speaks, and her voice is terse, and unhappy.
"Ellyrion, we need to go down, while everyone else should go up. Shall we?"
Hardly waiting for a reply, for she wanted to be away from this place as soon as possible, Elaria starts walking for the stairs.

Sephir
2014-10-15, 02:10 PM
"How come you are so sure that the Thieves guild is positioned Downstairs ?" Ellyrion asked, following his sister "Given we are talking about Pelorites, i would not be surprised at all if the leader of the guild was the High priest"

Archmage1
2014-10-15, 02:16 PM
As they head down the stairs, Elaria tries to explain her reasoning.
"I think the thieves will want some sort of escape route, and those are easier if the guildhouse is underground."
However, when he says that the leader of the guild is the high priest, she shakes her head.
"If the leader is a priest, he's likely to be in their third rank, so the high priest can throw someone else to the fire if he is discovered. But I think it's more likely that the church would just hire the guild for a job."

Sephir
2014-10-15, 04:17 PM
"I suppose you are right, though i doubt they would station the guild here for only an occasional job " Ellyrion noted as he descended the dark halls. "Even if it was forced by the sunguise, the church would sooner or later grown accustomed to it's presence. Besides, given the decadence we saw on this place, i doubt they would have much trouble finding a leeway to justify the use if the thieves "

Archmage1
2014-10-15, 04:48 PM
"I agree, but I think we can get what we want without involving the upper ranks of the guild."

Sønderjye
2014-10-16, 05:51 AM
Amazing Noegle whispers more so to himself than to anyone else. Think of how much money they must have poured into building this place. This was even bigger than his own room.

Noegle will go to the elan and exchange polite greetings and do some small talk if appropriate(*not sure how noble stuff really works*), likely asking if he know anything about their task, before heading up the stairs towards the place that seems more holy.

Sliver
2014-10-16, 06:28 AM
Francius exchanges pleasantries with Noegle, and the others if they join him, but when Noegle asks about their task, he tenses. "This issue isn't a public manner." He says, frowning, as he glances at his companion, a woman he introduced as Illain Carfalls, who works at an orphanage not far from the outer walls. "How did you even hear of this?" He asks before catching a glance at Ovel, who seems to have made himself pointedly more visible from his hiding in Marius' shadow. "I see, so you are the new Hunters..." He pondered. "Was it Eternal Armade who gave you this task?"

You find the stairs downwards and begin your descent. The stone walls are simple here, made only for practicality, and lit by liquid sunlight lanterns. The first basement floor seems to be used for storage. Dried and salted food, various goods, old documents that were cleared for space and even private storage units that would be guarded. Unlikely that the thieves would claim this floor, so you decide to go lower.

It's not obvious what this floor is used for. The floor underneath is used for interrogations, and the prison is located conveniently underneath it. Yet this floor seems to be a large corridor filled with locked doors.

Sønderjye
2014-10-16, 07:00 AM
My pleasure lady Carfalls Noegle says as he kisses her hand, sending her a charming smile.

As clever as always he confirms would you prefer to go somewhere less public? If I am not interfeering something important that is.

Sliver
2014-10-16, 07:09 AM
"There is an office nearby where we interview potential adopting families." Illain offers and Francius nods. "Please, come."

As you enter the simple office on the second floor, Illain sits on the chair behind the desk but Francius remains standing, too tense to take one of the remaining two seats, which he offers to you. He paces for a bit before finally turning to you. "What did Eternal Armade tell you about this task?"

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 07:19 AM
Isn't this interesting. The storage floor... not so much, but this one... All locked... seems like the place a security minded rogue might like.

Moving confidently, Elariel walks up to the closest locked door, and knocks.

Sliver
2014-10-16, 07:21 AM
The sound of the knock resounds loudly in the stone hall, but there is no response.

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 07:23 AM
"Not this door then. Perhaps following the corridor might lead to where we want to be."
With that, she heads down the corridor, looking for signs of life, or thievery.

Sliver
2014-10-16, 07:25 AM
Following the corridor through many twists and turns where the corridor fails at splitting, only having locked doors on both sides, it ends in a dead end.

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 07:32 AM
This isn't going as I hoped it would. Still, they must be here somewhere.

She starts heading back, knocking on each door as she goes.

Sønderjye
2014-10-16, 10:51 AM
Noegle finds a chair to sit comfortably in before replying. That the church is embarrissed, that the boy who has the sword's mother was possessed or something by demons and that the boy's in town. He left out a lot of stuff for personal amusement He looks questioning on Marius and Abbant Did I miss something?

After studying the likeable elan's body language he raises an eyebrown and asks It seems something important was left out?

Sliver
2014-10-16, 11:44 AM
Francius curses furiously, punching the wall and earning himself a shocked and worried look from Illain. "I apologize..." He said after a moment, breathing deeply and turning to you. "Please, reject his task. Tell him that you won't do it, please. You'll earn a powerful enemy, but he cannot punish you directly..."

You knock on the doors, passing to the next one as no reply comes to you. After several minutes of knocking, you hear heavy metallic footsteps coming from the stairs as a rough voice calls out. "Who's there?" It sounds angry.

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 11:55 AM
Elaria speaks softly to her brother.
"Ah, looks like we might have some success. A guide might be helpful."
Elaria speaks again, more loudly, her musical voice easily carrying to the stairs.
"Elaria and Ellyrion. We're looking to meet some people, but we seem to be having some trouble finding them."

Sliver
2014-10-16, 12:13 PM
"If you don't know how to find them, then you do not belong here." The man replies, turning the corner. The man wears fullplate with the crest and cloak of the Pelorite Inquisition. He towers at nearly seven feet and holds his hand over a ready to be unsheathed longsword. "What's your business here?" He growls. Two guards, dressed in a plainer guard vest above a chain shirt, escort him from behind, more nervous.

Sønderjye
2014-10-16, 12:27 PM
Oh the game of politics. Noegle knows that he soon have to make up his mind of which one of the two elans that are to be his ally but manages to conceal his excitement. Perhaps this elan was even helping the boy. Why? As a scholar wouldn't you be interested in retrieving a sword of Eternal Light?

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 01:07 PM
When she sees the Pelorite sigils, Elaria gets angry, the rage burning within her. But she knew that she couldn't make the first move.
"My business here has nothing to do with you, Pelorite."
She practically spits the name, making it an insult.
"Do you intend to impede me?"

Sliver
2014-10-16, 02:19 PM
Francius sighs. "It would have been easier for me not to, but I guess I don't have a choice but to explain. You would have dug into it and found him out sooner or later..." He looks miserable. "The mother, Irine Lockheart, wasn't possessed. She was following a prophecy, one which I cannot share with you. It could cause even more trouble if I did. I haven't managed to decipher nearly as much as I wished, and I asked her to not do anything rash, but she believed that she had to, and so we took the sword. The church didn't know anything and we didn't know who we could trust, so we kept it in secret, but... Well, there were those who opposed us, and they started the rumor about Irine. We didn't expect them to falsify evidence that would be convincing enough, but the church found Irine and she was sentenced to death before I found out about it and could prevent it." His voice sounds pained and he stops for a moment. "Eternal Armade believes that he knows where the boy is because he never checked on the information, but if he ever tried to do it personally, he'd find out of the deception... After Irine's death, I knew that I needed help, so I contacted the counsel, the same one that chooses new Elans to join their fold, and asked for my boon, one which every Elan gets. I asked them to protect the boy. I was young, in elven and elan years alike, and I felt an outcast in both societies." He tries to explain. "But Irine, she... She was the only one to stand by me, the only one... That boy that you are hunting, he is my son." While Francius looks at you, pleading, something very not fit for an Elan, Illain looks at you intensely.

"People who prowl above the dungeons definetly are my business." He responds with a growl. "Either you leave quietly, or we will have to find a cell for you to rot in until we decide what to do with you."

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 02:25 PM
Elaria's voice is sarcastic, and biting.
"Why, how odd. I thought the dungeons... you do mean the prisons, right? Are three stories below ground. Why, I imagine that all sorts of people wander around above them. Of course, to your eyes, they have all committed crimes, but that's hardly their fault."
She stops, and then resumes talking, in a more serious fashion, after a suitable pause.
"Now, from your earlier statement, you know where the thieves guild is located. Why don't you tell me, and I'll leave."

Sliver
2014-10-16, 02:36 PM
"No innocent has a reason to go anywhere below the first basement floor unless they are working there, which you are clearly neither. I wouldn't help someone with such hate towards the Bringers of Light even if I had the information you seek." He sneered. "Don't tempt me further, scum. Leave!"

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 02:40 PM
"Isn't that interesting? Of course, I'm sure that no one would call you innocent, after all your torture, and burnings. But then, that is the way of the accursed church, isn't it? To claim to be of the light while really being of the flame. Of course, I can hardly leave, as you are blocking the way. Why don't you just move along? I'm sure you have innocents to torture into making confessions, confessions to falsify, that sort of thing."
As Elaria finishes, she airily gestures, in a go away sort of way.

Sliver
2014-10-16, 02:44 PM
The paladin smirks. "Now I hope you do find the thieves you look for. I'm sure your tongue will get you many friends among them. They do appreciate people who seek as many enemies and attention as they can get." He steps aside, leaving room to pass but not intending to leave. He'll follow behind to make sure you move upwards and not loiter further.

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 02:49 PM
This time, she starts off seriously.
"Anyone who follows an organization that supports burning people alive should have many enemies. But then, your church does so like claiming to be good. Some of us know better."
Alas, she doesn't continue to be serious as she moves past him, intending to reach the floor above, where the supplies were stored, and where it was implied that the thieves guild was located.
Once there, she searches the place more completely.

Sliver
2014-10-16, 03:06 PM
The paladin follows you quietly, but as you reach the stairs, he speaks up again. "Every organization has rotten apples in it. I'm saddened that you have encountered the bad parts, but what you have seen is not true to all followers. Some people use religion to hurt and force others, I cannot deny that. But this isn't our goal or intention. This isn't what we are meant to be, even if some don't see it. There is pain that is caused by the followers of Pelor, some of it is done by me. But I pray every day for Pelor to grant me wisdom to be able to judge myself, before my soul will be condemned by my actions. I do not know why you seek the thieves, child, but I see that you are not evil, and I do not think your intentions are, either. I hope I am not wrong, so I apologize for the way I had spoken to you." He laughs bitterly. "If your words weren't the same bland hate against us that keeps being thrown at anyone in any position of power by those who aren't, perhaps I wouldn't have reacted so. People encounter the vocal minority and allow themselves to be consumed by hate, going on about how it must mean everybody is like that. Your words make you sound exactly the way you claim us to be. Hate is not the way to change what you feel is wrong, but it is a way to ruin what you love about yourself." He finishes and continues climbing up the stairs, sighing as he sees you intending on searching the storage for thieves.

"I know that you do not feel this way, but come when your mind is less burdened. There are priests here who would welcome the chance to speak in a civil manner with one who holds these opinions of us."

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 03:14 PM
"Of course, but then, it can only take a few rotten apples in the right place to rot the entire barrel. I don't know whether the priest's actions were approved by the pelor church as a whole, however, I do know that his spells worked, which means that Pelor did approve their use. If the church reflects his will, then logically it too would approve such actions. It also means that the church can never be trusted. Individual followers, perhaps, but they would be suspect."
As she finishes her response, she starts looking through the storage.

Sønderjye
2014-10-16, 03:19 PM
And I was hoping for an easy first assignment, Noegle silently mutters. I am touched by your story. You have my condolences. He says with a sad look in his eyes However if I am to decide not to capture the boy I will need to be able to be able to defend it. Do you have any proof that the church falsely accused your lost love? And why withhold the prophesy from us when it is the justification of the whole theft?

Sliver
2014-10-16, 03:39 PM
"If I hadn't told my love of the prophecy, she would have been alive." He says with a look of pain and guilt. It's obvious that the thought has haunted him for long and he probably still hasn't forgiven himself. "I do not understand enough of it to allow myself to share the information. I do not ask you to defend my child, I am asking you to reject the task. Eternal Armade cannot force you to do it and you do not have to justify yourselves. As Hunters, you are only obliged to answer the Sunguise. If it were something else, rejecting the work from the Eternal would probably displease the Eye, but this isn't the same... The Eye knows the truth, and he also knows how important it is for this information to remain as secret as possible. If the truth about what happened came out, the church will be satisfied, but the Eternal would not let go. I'm afraid that he would take even stronger measures to get my son killed. A union between Elan and mortals isn't strictly forbidden, but it isn't something that happens. Eternal Armade is very proud of his status and is very sensitive to anything that might damage it. If Elan blood were to mix with the blood of mortals, Elans would seem common in comparison. That is how he feels, and I'm afraid he would personally go after my son if he were to find out." Francius says. "Refusing him will earn you a powerful enemy, but it will also earn you an ally and a friend."

Sønderjye
2014-10-16, 03:56 PM
What is so special about this prophesy? Noelge decides to push it further: You misunderstand, I don't make enemies and when I do I need to be able to justify to myself why I would want to do it. It is easy to defend not chasing an innocent child but the weapon is stolen. I need to be able to justify it to myself not doing what seems like the right thing to do. I can't seem to figure out why you are still keeping the sword anyway. He realises that this would have been much easier if he had a partner to do this but he doesn't know the others well enough.. yet.

Also He points at Ovel I think keeping it from Eternal Armade will prove difficult now. Will he destroy the shadow and save his son or let is leave and know he just doomed the child?

Sliver
2014-10-16, 04:12 PM
Francius shares a pained look with Illain, who nods and leaves the room. "I'll tell you what I do know for certain. The eight swords of Eternal Light hold great power when wielded by trained individuals, but their power is much greater when they stand together. According to what I gathered, the fey poured their magic into the swords when fighting the eight bearers, but they thought it was in an attempt to destroy the swords. I believe that the fey magic lays dormant within the swords, and if the swords are together at a certain time, that the magic would be released and unleash the fey. When Irine heard that the time might be approaching, well... I still don't know if I was correct, or if her sacrifice is in vain. But if I'm correct, then the danger hasn't passed. I'm researching the prophecy and the sword in the hopes of finding a way to destroy or dispel the fey magic, but if this information would be made public..." He hesitates. "Most people would panic. The prospect of having fey magic within ancient relics of immense power would be terrifying to the public. Some would blame us, some would blame the church. Others would seek to gather the swords and release the fey again, hoping to be rewarded with power or simply to see the world suffer again. Sharing this knowledge would benefit nobody at this point and could only bring harm." Francius stops and glances at Ovel.

"As Master has said, the Sunguise knows of the importance of this issue." The shadow says. "And so are his eyes. This is why Eternal Armade is kept in the dark. We know, but we do not share the information with the Eternal."

Sephir
2014-10-16, 04:18 PM
"And that's only the tip of the sand dune" Ellyrion continued "Look on the cathedral above you paladin. How could a god , that according to you is a paragon of goodness, accept such luxuries for his temple when there are people starving in the streets ? How could he accept as His instruments people who are ready to burn alive those who refuse to follow their worship ? I respect your goodwill, but it either seems Pelor is not as much noble as you might think, or you are being fooled. In fact, i doubt the Event where the sword was stolen was singular. Perhaps the demon cult was not quite rooted out as you may think"

Sliver
2014-10-16, 04:21 PM
The paladin opens his mouth to respond, but stops as Ellyrion continues to speak, bringing up the sword. He tenses and his face turns red. "How do you..." He begins before spinning in place and rushing up the stairs, leaving the guards confused.

Sønderjye
2014-10-16, 04:54 PM
I promise I won't tell the public. Thank you for trusting me with your knowledge. Noegle pauses, thinking However even if we turned down Eternal he would just send someone else to get your son. Yet another pause What about if you retrieved the sword and we delivered it to him. That way your son would be safe because noone would have any reason to look for him?

Sliver
2014-10-16, 05:02 PM
"That would make Irine's sacrifice meaningless!" Francius almost snaps. "She died to get the sword away from the others and you suggest just bringing it back? This isn't just about my son! Do you think Eternal Armade will ask no questions? He will grow suspicious if he doesn't get my son, alive or dead, and if you ask him to not bring the sword to the others, he will demand the reason. He will not simply accept the prophecy, either. Especially not if he sees my son. The Eternal is not one to be satisfied with half-measures. He'll want everything, and he won't be satisfied at that. You must give him nothing, or you are risking everything for the sake of not being his enemy."

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 05:02 PM
Seeing the inquisitor run away, Elaria looks to Ellyrion.
"That was perhaps not the wisest thing to say. True, but not wise. Now, if my information is correct, the thieves guild is located here, in the basement of the Clara Lux, but it seems that they decided to hide it. Which leaves us needing to find it."

Sønderjye
2014-10-16, 05:18 PM
The elan really isn't in control of himself, it was the same with the other one. We could tell him that his information wasn't exact. The boy wasn't at the location in which we found the sword. As long as he doesn't know about your sons race I don't see any reason for him to be after him when the sword is in his possesion. Where the sword was or how we got the information I will need your help to figure out. He touches the Elan's arm to calm him down If we don't bring the sword back he will send the next pack of hunters when they get here and holding on to the last action of your wife won't bring her back. What is more important to you, your son's life or the memory of Irine? And besides the Elans have more power and numbers now than they did when they defeated them the first time so there wouldn't be much of a problem even if the feys came back right?

Sephir
2014-10-16, 05:25 PM
"Speaking the one who has clearly said the wisest things since we have walked into the chapel " Ellyrion Chuckled "And as for the thieves guild, it will be pretty easy. Keep your weapons hidden, and we will search. I am more worried about the inquisitor"

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 05:28 PM
"The inquisitor, unless I miss my guess, is heading upstairs to burst in on everyone else. But yes, let us search. With luck, we'll find the entrance.

Sephir
2014-10-16, 05:33 PM
"I think you should do the most. THanks to your new body, you can detect secret doors, correct ? But i will help as well"

[ Taking 20 on a search roll]

Archmage1
2014-10-16, 05:39 PM
"It's not exactly a new body, now, I'm used to the changes, but my eyes are sharper than they were, even if I don't quite seem to have the same endurance."

Also taking 20 on search, for a 31 total.

Sliver
2014-10-16, 05:40 PM
"He sent nobody after the sword because there were no Hunters in the city for eight years, but you are saying that the next batch will do it as if they come out like cookies." Francius sighs. "You are willing to risk everything, the sword, my son, the world, on how much you know the motivation of Eternal Armade. To me, it's obvious that you don't. If you tell him that you found the sword but not the boy, he will suspect a ruse. He wants them both, and so we had to tell him that they are together to keep him satisfied and reluctant to act. If we had told him that they were separate, he would have used more manpower to track them. Manpower that we might not have had influence over. And the sword cannot be retrieved! Do you not care for the destruction that the fey would cause until the proper bearers could be united to defeat them? So many things can go wrong, and you only care about upsetting one man? What if some escape? What if they return more powerful? What if it's not simply the fey that return, but their magic proves to be something more destructive that will leech on the power of the swords and destroy everything around? You may not care about any of that, but I do."

"Master Francius has studied the swords and the prophecies for ten years, and eight of them spent in the situation he is in now." Ovel speaks. "It seems arrogant of you, who know of it one day, to act as if you know better."

"Now, Ovel, he is trying to offer a fresh point of view." Francius says.

"No, he is trying to tell you that he knows better." Ovel insists.

You hear a disturbance outside. Francius frowns, but the door opens. "It's just one of the paladins. He stormed from the lower floors, heading to the church." Illain explained.

Erik Vale
2014-10-17, 03:21 AM
Abbant growls.
"We shall have to confirm with the Eye, however if you are correct, you are handing us Mortan's Fork. Pray tell, have you considered how we're supposed to protect our minds from The Eternal, that he does not take this conversation straight from our minds, or in your desperation have you callously forgotten and decided it would be best to place us in a situation where death is a likely outcome, with a over large chance of your plan collapsing?"
Abbant's gaze shifts from Francius to Ovel and back, before turning to Illain, sure that he hasn't spoken anything to inform Illain as to what they were speaking of.
"Now, do you need our aid?"

Sliver
2014-10-17, 03:48 AM
"I assumed that you would rather avoid direct confrontation with the Eternal and rather request Ovel to deliver the news, considering as he is both trusted by the Eternal and undead." Francius says.

You notice a shadow pass into the room and intertwines with Ovel. After a moment, Ovel hisses and the shadow leaves. "Master Francius, dire news. Two of the new Hunters went into the basement looking for the thieves' guild-" "Basement? But-" "No time. They met an inquisitor and told him that they were looking for the guild," Fruncius glances at you in disbelief, but Ovel continues. "They also mentioned the stolen sword."

Francius' eyes go wide. "What did he do?"

"Inquisitors, sir. He connected it to the rumors and went to examine the swords. He isn't the type to let it go..." Ovel says.

"Damnation!" Francius curses. "The only reason the church wasn't searching for the sword was because only the inner circles knew and they were forced to stand back and let the Eternal keep watch. The forgery is good, but now... They'll notice, this is bad. They won't have a choice... They will start the hunt." He glares at you. "What have you done?!"

Erik Vale
2014-10-17, 04:08 AM
"I wasn't the one that suggested the group split up, however it seems your plan has failed unless you can salvage it as it stands, come on."
Abbant turns to head down, if they can intercept the inquisitor and alter his mind, assuming he hasn't already spoken to too many others, it might be able to stop the city from going into a near-riot.

Sliver
2014-10-17, 04:38 AM
"Your companions do their best to ruin everything but you still allow yourself to be so arrogant." Francius snorts. "No, of course you are right. There is no way that I would have any plans in case something goes wrong." He says bitterly. "Ovel, you know what to do. After you're done, watch over the clerics. If word of the sword does spread, tell Eternal Armade that the boy and the sword have been smuggled out of the city after his Hunters told the outer circles of the church about it. Tell him that they were heading eastwards before discovering the shadows and destroying them, so you couldn't get anything more useful out of them. I have to prepare. If the Eternal goes after the Hunters... Try to avoid making things even worse than your companions did. You probably know too much now but..." He glares at you, but there is pain in his eyes. "Sometimes I do wonder if I'm too weak to do what needs to be done... Illain, let's go." He says and grabs her and they both disappear. Ovel quickly crawls up the ceiling and vanishes in one of the cracks.

So far, you find nothing out of the ordinary. Rooms filled with sacks and barrels of food and some rooms with construction materials. After some time, you notice a shadow swirling about, twisting on the walls to the light of the lanterns, seeming to try and catch your attention for a while. Then it turns into an arrow pointing up, before shifting into an image of a running man.

Sephir
2014-10-17, 04:52 AM
"I think we should follow that sister" Ellyrion said "Perhaps our inquisitor brings help, or cannot keep his mouth shut". Holding the hand on his blade, he runs tto the direction the shadow noted, taking the stairs

Archmage1
2014-10-17, 05:41 AM
Having found nothing out of the ordinary, Elaria continues to think on the whereabouts of the thieves guild. However, before she can progress further, the shadow appears, and points up.
"It seems that is what our employer wants us to do, but..."
Before she can continue, Ellyrion was already ascending the stairs, and she wasn't about to let him run off on his own. Who knew what trouble he would get into...
She follows him.

Erik Vale
2014-10-17, 05:44 AM
Abbant rolls his eyes at the spot recently vacated by the teleporting duo.
'You could have fooled me about having a plan. And you are too soft.'
Abbant takes a moment to think before speaking in Celestial, assuming that the shadows may not know it but that Marius, being a paladin would. He's wrong though, and only the motion he gives before turning back and leaving the room indicates he wishes them to follow.

"He is oversoft. Come, if we do not achieve protection at least under the Eternal, we shall certainly be felled by the Eye, for again he has forgotten that the Eternal could pluck the memory from our heads... But what happens afterwards, well the pawn shall be led."

Abbant begins making his way as fast as possible towards the Eternal Armade, breaking into a run where possible, in the first crowd he passes through he uses his hat of disguise to take the appearance of a common courier.

Sønderjye
2014-10-17, 06:33 AM
Noegle slams his hand into his head "What was I thinking!? That incompetent peasant girl almost killed herself minutes after we spoke to Eternal. How could I ever think sending her off with her brother was a good idea?!" A small voice answers his Because you didn't want her in your company

He calms himself. We aren't done discussing this but for now..He stops when the duo disappears.

Turning to look at Abbant as he starts running towards the door. Where are you going? He says in a loud and demanding voice.

Erik Vale
2014-10-17, 06:42 AM
Realising he mustn't have understood, Abbant tries Infernal, believing it a language the paladin may have learnt for interrogating demons.
"For cover, we will be removed from board by eye if the Eternal doesn't provide protection. Don't speak common."

Abbant continues out.

Sønderjye
2014-10-17, 07:06 AM
I don't understand your jibberish
Above is shouted in common

Archmage1
2014-10-17, 07:15 AM
As she reaches the first floor, Elaria hears the argument in the strange language, and soon, sees the arguing pair, along with everyone else on the floor.
Not wanting to attract more attention, she heads for the exit.

Sephir
2014-10-17, 07:53 AM
Having heard a part of the argument before, Ellyrion speaks on his sister softl " We need to find that inquisitor before more harm is done. He scanned outside the temple to see if he could spot him

[roll0]

Archmage1
2014-10-17, 07:55 AM
Elaria, heading to the exit, shakes her head as Ellyrion pauses, and starts looking around, whispering back, hoping he would see reason.
"Finding him isn't going to help now. If we had intercepted him before he left the basement, but as it is... he believes, and we aren't going to convince him to keep quite about what was said. I don't think using harsher methods is a good idea here, which puts it out of our hands. Our best bet is to just leave, that way, if they choose to arrest everyone, we won't be so easy to find."

Sephir
2014-10-17, 08:00 AM
"We can't run from the Eye Elaria " Ellyrion whispered sadly, looking at his sister "We both know that . I don't think we will make a year without a sunhunter or one of Armade's lapdogs find us. We must try, i don't want this kind of future for you..... If we cannot convince or force him not to keep silent, i will simply turn myself in and take all the blame for the failure of our mission."

Archmage1
2014-10-17, 08:05 AM
Elaria looks at Ellyrion, quite confused.
"We wouldn't be running from the eye. We're just leaving, so we can figure out what happened by talking to the other group. We'll head to the tavern, and wait for them to arrive. Maybe, while we're there, we'll be able to learn where the guild's entrance actually is."

Elaria and Ellyrion don't know what's happening. They just know that other members of their group are departing, and are shouting at each other.

Sephir
2014-10-17, 08:09 AM
(Elyrion exited before Elaria, so he heard a good part of the conversation)

Sephir
2014-10-17, 08:21 AM
"Very well, i will follow you" Ellyrion shrugged "But i do not think this is the last we have seen of this problm. And i do not aim to have the Pelorites ever getting a hand on you again. If things go south, i will make a distraction"

Archmage1
2014-10-17, 08:25 AM
Elaria smiles at him.
"Of course not, but right now, we don't know what the problem is, and solving a problem without knowing that is quite difficult. If the Pelorites try to capture us, they won't do so easily, or legally. I don't think that they'll try openly, but thank you for the offer. If it comes to that... But it won't."
Elaria doesn't seem to be too happy about the thought of Ellyrion sacrificing himself for her.

Sephir
2014-10-17, 08:38 AM
" For your own good you better will" Ellyrion whislered as he walked to the tavern by he side of his sister " If i fight Pelorites....i don't want to see this side of me again"

Archmage1
2014-10-17, 08:51 AM
Elaria reiterates herself as she enters the tavern, looking for an open table large enough for everyone.
"I don't think it'll come to that."

Sephir
2014-10-17, 09:07 AM
" Enough talking of possibilitities " Ellyrion scowled , sitting on the chair . as well " We need to find our companions and figure out what is going on"

Archmage1
2014-10-17, 09:10 AM
Elaria looks at Ellyrion, surprise showing in her features.
"That's why we headed here, to The Eye of the Storm, the rendezvous point we established before we split up. The others should be able to find us here."

Sephir
2014-10-17, 09:16 AM
" What i meant is that our friends might be in trouble" Ellyrion explained " I their companons of the church knoe, they might arrest them as they are no sunhunters yet"

Archmage1
2014-10-17, 09:20 AM
Elaria speaks softly, and gently, hoping to calm her excitable brother down.
"If they've been captured, our being captured alongside them doesn't help at all. We'll have a better chance of freeing them if we are free. Patience, El. For now, we don't know enough to act. If they're not here in an hour, then we should be worried."

Sønderjye
2014-10-18, 01:54 PM
Does he think of me as a mere servant that comes running whenever he gestures?!?! Noegle's blood is boiling as he turns to Marius Any good ideas?

Sephir
2014-10-18, 02:45 PM
Ellyrion Slumped back, resigned from any ability to change this situation, a wave of powerlessness surrounding him. "I suppose we better talk about something different" He said softly "Until they returned. YOu handled the inquisitor quite well. I noticed you hands were not shaking like the time time we met that paladin on the village a month ago."

Archmage1
2014-10-18, 03:59 PM
"I was expecting it, and... I was angry. It's amazing how much of a difference that made."

Sliver
2014-10-21, 03:04 AM
After about forty minutes of walking, a certain feeling of urgency adding a bit of haste into his step, Abbant reaches the church. The priest sits at one of the front benches, talking to a bulky man in simple work clothes, probably a smith or something. Abbant walks past them and towards the door, but the priest notices and raises, walking up to him and trying to stop him. "Excuse me, sir?" He asks, confusion crossing his face. "Is something the manner? I wasn't informed that you would have a repeated meeting here..."

Sønderjye
2014-10-21, 04:33 AM
Noegle arrives at the Eye of the Storm. He looks around and quickly spots the two El's. He orders some fancy wine and place himself at the most comfortable seat around the table. I assume Marius is with him.
So how did your meeting with the thieves go? He politely asks before sipping to his wine.

Before arriving, changing the augments to natural weapon, least.

Archmage1
2014-10-21, 05:43 AM
Elaria shakes her head.
"It didn't. We encountered an overzealous inquisitor instead."

Sønderjye
2014-10-21, 06:22 AM
Noegle would anticipate that Elaria would describe Eternal Armade in a similar way and asks with a smile What did he do?

Archmage1
2014-10-21, 07:19 AM
"Asked questions, accused us of breaking the law, that sort of thing."

Sønderjye
2014-10-21, 08:23 AM
Well you did. Buying services from the Thieves guild is still illegal. Did he chase you of?

Archmage1
2014-10-21, 08:26 AM
Elaria shakes her head.
"That depends entirely on what you want to hire them for. If, say, I wanted to hire them to steal something, that would be illegal. If, on the other hand, I hire them to find someone, that would be legal. After all, it wouldn't be breaking any laws to do so. He did more or less chase us off, after some words were exchanged. Although it did appear that the entrance to the thieves guild was well concealed, so finding a guide is probably necessary."
She pauses, before asking her own question.
"How did your interrogation go?"

Sønderjye
2014-10-21, 10:06 AM
Noegle decides against continuing the argument and happily answers the latter. With a serious face he leans forward and says in a low voice.
Short version is that we know who is hiding the boy and the eye approves of the deception of Armade. When we were questioning him an alarm was suddenly heard because someone He takes a long gaze at Elaria before continuing have reveal the top secret information that the sword has been gone for 8 years. He ran to try to repair the damage and the four-armed human ran away.
After finishing he looks closely at the two barbarians, expecting to have his prejudices confirmed yet again.

Archmage1
2014-10-21, 10:10 AM
Elaria sighs, disappointed, although not surprised.
"Knowing who isn't really as important as knowing where. I'm afraid that the alarm was unavoidable, assuming that it was caused by a certain overzealous inquisitor. Perhaps if it had been mentioned that the information was to be kept secret, it might have been avoided, but as it was presented as public information, it was used as such."
She glances at her brother, before looking back at Noegle.

Sønderjye
2014-10-21, 10:18 AM
True but the conversation did rise the question of whether we want to find the sword in the first place. Here's the kicker. The sword was removed from the other sword because at some unspecified time if all the swords are together the feys will return.

Archmage1
2014-10-21, 10:28 AM
Elaria shrugs once more.
"And us giving the sword to Armande results in this time happening? That seems unlikely. In fact, it seems almost like a deceptive prophecy. After all, the Elans did drive the fey away, and if there are signs that the fey are returning, it is likely that they will want their swords, to be ready to meet the threat. But if one of the swords is a fake, perhaps they might lose, and the fey return. Prophecy is always questionable. After all, it's mostly useless until after the specified event has occurred, and you look back in hindsight. Personally, I choose to ignore them, since if it is a real prophecy, I can't change it, and if it isn't, what difference does it make?"

Sønderjye
2014-10-21, 10:47 AM
A healthy portion of distrust? I like that At least there is one thing I like about you However in this case you can rest assured, I am excelent at detecting lies. Besides both the elan council and the Eye have approved keeping the boy hidden from Armade. I sadly didn't have the time to ask why one couldn't just tell the church to seperate the swords instead of stealing them.
Hearing her argument he is slightly annoyed and decides to elaborate. The prophesy states that the fey only returns IF the swords are at the same point. What is it that we can't change?

Archmage1
2014-10-21, 10:59 AM
Elaria just stares at him, amazed at his idiocy.
"However good you may be at detecting lies, I suspect that the sunguises and the elans are better at lying. Armande already knows about the boy, but not, in theory, the location. He does want the sword, and may or may not return it. If Armande does know about the prophecy that you mentioned, then perhaps he is working towards returning the fey. Or perhaps he does not know. Regardless, as far as I know, our instructions remain the same. I've already mentioned my dislike of them, but everyone else insisted that we follow them. Has that changed? As for the prophecy... it is irrelevant. If it is true, then the swords are linked to the fey. Perhaps they dealt with the fey immortality by trapping them inside, and they are brought together, then perhaps the fey can escape. Somehow. Or perhaps the prophecy is a fabrication. But the swords were together for a long time, and the fey didn't appear. Which leads me to doubt this prophecy."
She pauses, looking at Noegle, wondering what he was planning to say.

Sønderjye
2014-10-21, 11:11 AM
As I previously stated the swords have to be together at a certain time which is still unknown to us, try to listen.
You didn't want to follow the request because you are are stuborn in your immediate judgement of people and refuse to see beyond your personal distaste. Set your personal feelings aside and look at the task. Of course everything has changed. If the swords are brought together at the right time the entire city could be anihilated and there is no garantee that the destruction will stop there! Does that not matter to you?
He almost seem angry

Archmage1
2014-10-21, 11:29 AM
Elaria, in contrast, seems quite cool, calm, and collected.
"Then perhaps that time has passed already. Or perhaps it is so far in the future that it doesn't matter. Or, perhaps, the prophecy is false. I am listening. You, on the other hand, appear to have trouble with it. Now, I didn't want to follow the request because he held back information, and my skills were not suited to it. The task has not changed. After all, if Armande knows of the prophecy, then he won't bring the sword back. If he doesn't know of the prophecy, I'm sure that they won't be brought together. You are also neglecting the fey. They were, after all, sentient. Perhaps, after they take their revenge on the elan, they will realize that they were mistaken in the first place. Or perhaps not. But there is no certainty that their return would destroy the city. Please stop using hyperbole in an attempt to strengthen your argument. The bottom line of this is simple: Do you trust the source of the prophecy? Do you trust Armande to not want the fey back? And do you want to complete this task. Those three questions are the ones that matter."

Sønderjye
2014-10-21, 11:54 AM
Cynical and cold I trust the source, I have no idea of Eternals motives and we still need more information to discern the latter. The real question however is have you really that little regard for life that you are willing to risk it on the chance that the prophesy won't come true?

Archmage1
2014-10-21, 11:57 AM
Elaria laughs, a remarkably joyous sound, given the circumstances.
"Do you really have such faith in a prophecy that you trust it that absolutely?"

Sephir
2014-10-21, 12:15 PM
The whether the prophecy is true or false is not of our current interest" Ellyrion intervened "It is sureley a matter to be discussed, but i would prefer to deal with the task at hand. I never quite like the idea of handing the Boy to the Pelorites. However, Eternal is surely to scan our minds if we suddenly abandon our job. I suggest we continue our search as thus, and when the time is right we can discuss about the return of The Fey and the fate of the boy. "

Sønderjye
2014-10-21, 01:28 PM
Noegle suddenly remembers who he is speaking to. What could I expect from a savage but arrogance, self-centricity and a lack of respect from others life. He answer in a calm almost noncaring voice. I take your lack of answer as a yes and I already told you I trust the source.

Tired of pointless arguments he asks So if you don't care about my oppinion about the prophesy please explain to me why you don' care about the Eye's or the Elan counsil. You do work for the first after all.

Archmage1
2014-10-21, 01:32 PM
Elaria looks squarely at Noegle, anger starting to leak through her calm facade.
"Perhaps if you said what they said, instead of paraphrasing, I might lend them more weight. Regardless, Armande asked for the boy's location, not his current location. He also wants the sword. None of that is incompatible with concealing the boy's actual location."

Sønderjye
2014-10-21, 02:18 PM
I'm not going recite everything the conversation word for word. Owel confirmed that the Eye have intentionally kept Armade in the dark. He can probably tell more when he returns.

Archmage1
2014-10-21, 02:21 PM
Elaria looks exasperated.
"If you are unable to back your claims, refrain from making them."
Idiot. That's just going to taunt the fool into making more of a fool of himself. But seeing how foolish he can make himself could be fun...

Sliver
2014-10-21, 02:51 PM
"Excuse me, I couldn't help but eavesdrop." A short, slim man moves silently towards your table, giving you a mocking bow before turning to Elaria. "I had been tasked in carrying a message to you." He says and sits down, setting a piece of paper, blank with all but the mark of the thieve's guild. He continues in a quieter tone. "The Guild would like you to know that you should stop hammering on doors and ruffling through bags of wheat looking for us, as we suspect that we know what you want from us, and we are not interested in doing business with you. I had been informed that if you wish to know why, to tell you that attracting the attention of the church by spouting hate at one of their inquisitors, in the basement just above their dungeons, then asking the same inquisitor about how to find us and finally departing by mentioning a stolen relic out of the blue, which even if he had known was stolen, would still be mighty suspicious about your own goals, is too brilliantly suicidal for our well-being. This makes you pair of lovebirds some of the least welcome clients imaginable. The Guild hopes this message finds you well and wishes you the best of luck in your future attempts at suicide, though try to not involve us." The man stands up, bows again and turns to leave.

Archmage1
2014-10-21, 02:59 PM
Elaria just stares at the rogue. Then she smiles as she translates the words into their meaning.
"Hate, truth, they appear to be one and the same in this case, but then, the truth is irrelevant here, it is the appearance, and I understand that the guild does not want to risk conflict with the church. You might want to consider a public office, even if only to force your competitors to spend to keep it under surveillance."

Sliver
2014-10-21, 03:04 PM
"Public office would deny us the chance to reject those who think they know everything and consider that the best way to contact thieves is by banging on doors." The man answers with half a smirk. "Although if you two banged on those doors, the pelorite might have not approached you." His smirk turns into a grin and he leaves.

Archmage1
2014-10-21, 03:08 PM
Elaria shakes her head as he leaves.
"Perhaps they wouldn't have been of much use in any event, if they believe that Ellyrion and I are lovers. Their observational skills are rather lacking."

Sønderjye
2014-10-22, 09:13 AM
Noegle takes a sip of his wine, wondering if Ovel is going to join them when he is done with making people "forget" the sword was stolen. He air the wine before he taste it, letting it fill out him mouth before sinking to make sure that he doesn't miss any of the taste.

Looking around is there any people of interest that Noegle might be familiar with?

Erik Vale
2014-10-26, 02:43 AM
Abbant sheds his disguise when the priest intercepts him.
"Sir, I bring urgent message for the Eternal, I need to see him now, and if he's not here, then as soon as physically possible."

Sliver
2014-10-26, 06:06 AM
The priest looks surprised at the shift from a messenger to a Hunter, but he quickly collects himself. "Master, the Eternal, and by extension, the Sunguise and the Hunters, have little to do with the church. Your previous meeting location was nothing more than a relatively private and secure place where you could meet. I don't have a way to contact Eternal Armade. It's the middle of the day, so I would assume that he is quite busy. I would assume that you would have a way to communicate with him. Didn't you have a shadow with you for that purpose?"

Erik Vale
2014-10-27, 01:26 AM
"Which would be helpful if the shadow wasn't... Never mind."
Abbant almost growls the last out, before beginning to pace.
"There is a non-0 chance the city will be under lock down shortly with inquisitors combing the city, keep that in mind."
Abbant returns to his disguise, slightly annoyed that none of the group had followed him [[Barring Retroactive follwing]], or thought that they'd need protection, thinking to himself, still pacing. After a moment, he begins walking away from the priest, should he have not requested Abbant's attention.

On his way, Abbant checks his coin purse [or to those who see the illusion, his couriers pouch], and considers his option, before heading towards a tavern on the far side of town, having for the most part decided to lay low, and see who finds him first, and what they decide to do with him. On his way to a tavern, he'll take the appearance of a non-discript working class man.

Sliver
2014-10-27, 01:32 AM
At the tavern:

The hour has passed and Abbant still hasn't shown up. Of course, if he went to the church, that meant that even if he decides to come to the tavern, it would still take him longer...

"The Eye wishes to see you." Ovel says, blending in the shadow of the table. "He will talk to you through his clone at the Hairy Cherry... Establishment." It's a brothel. A small one, that caters to more exotic tastes. "Where is the fifth one? Abbant?"

Archmage1
2014-10-27, 05:39 AM
After the hour passes, and Abbant doesn't show up, Elariel starts to look worried.
"You don't know where he is either?"
She looks to Noegle.
"He left at the same time you did, correct?"

Sønderjye
2014-10-27, 10:41 AM
Noegle puts his glass down beside the four others and let his hand rest on the table. His first day of being a sun hunter is proving more.. exhausting that he anticipated. I don't know, he ran off paying roughly as much attention to what I say as the des.. as Elaria does. Right after you two left. Oh that reminds me. He leans closer and asks very quite
how did the memory erasing go? And why are you guys withholding the prophesy from Eternal?

Archmage1
2014-10-27, 10:48 AM
Elaria raises her eyebrows at that, quite surprised. His questions made no sense.
"We know almost nothing about the prophecy. I assume you informed him? If not, you are the one that needs to do so, as you heard it first hand. And what memory erasing? I don't recall losing any memories, although if it was done well, I wouldn't."
She pauses, obviously thinking.
"The only time that I can't account for was when I was knocked unconscious by Armande. If my memories were erased, it was done quite well."

Sønderjye
2014-10-27, 11:13 AM
Noegle turns away from Ovel and leans back into his comfortable chair before casually responding Ovel left us to untell what you said to the inquisitor and I haven't heard I firsthand as it hasn't been completely deciphered yet.

Sliver
2014-10-27, 11:47 AM
Ovel makes an odd whooshing sound, perhaps his version of a snort? "Memory manipulation isn't that simple, especially not when dealing with the church. I'm not in position to tell you why. If the Eye decides that you deserve to know, then he'll answer your questions..." He pauses, then hisses and a shadow leaps out of him and vanishes in the cracks of the wooden floor. "What is wrong with this batch of Hunters..." He says with venom, more to himself. "Each time they separate, they look to make things worse? I'm beginning to suspect this is all on purpose. I've been informed that Abbant left to find Eternal Armade for protection from the Eye. He was probably going to tell him everything Francius said, thinking that... Pelor knows! Perhaps he thought that The Eye would kill you for slipping up and that he needs protection? Foreigners and their crazy notions..." He sighs. "You go, I'll track him down. And try to not kill him myself, the insane bastard."

Archmage1
2014-10-27, 12:27 PM
Elaria looks around at the others, and looks thoughtful.
"It seems oddly like now is a good time to move on, and leave town. I don't want to be caught in the crossfire between an Elan and a Sunguise."

Sliver
2014-10-27, 12:31 PM
"You do not choose when your contract expires. Your knowledge of the situation is lacking, so would you please stop making assumptions before you know more? Every time you are acting on your own without any knowledge, others need to act to mitigate the trouble you are causing. You were told to meet with the Eye, so you will!" Ovel says.

Archmage1
2014-10-27, 12:35 PM
Elaria quirks an eyebrow.
"That wasn't what I was suggesting. If everything we do results in ruin, then leaving minimizes the amount of ruin caused. We would be able to do things without causing difficulties for others to deal with. But, if you insist, we can go."
With that, she stands up, and prepares to leave.

Sønderjye
2014-10-27, 04:14 PM
Wauw. Noegle is impressed with the information network. He always thought that "the eye sees everything" was an expression of how much the eye saw. He never imagined it to be this litteral.

Yeah let's go He says before emptying his glass and putting on his jacket. He walks a couple of steps before realising that he have no idea where to go. He turns and says to the table Where do we find it?

On his way he will take off his earrings. Wearing symbols of pelor while entering a whorehouse seems out of place.

Sephir
2014-10-28, 05:50 AM
" If anything, this make our task easier " Ellyrion said resigning, standing up "It is easy to stay hidden from a group of sunhunters when you have a whole city to hide It is a bit harder to hide from the common guard scanning the city for you. .But it is much harder to stay unnoticed when both the sunhunters and the whole city are after you. Regarding our mission, that was merely a move to increase the odds of success . Armade did not clarified any disallowed ways to complete our mission. At the very least, By strict interpretation of our orders, we did not compromised the mission, thus Armade will not kill us. Probably."

Sliver
2014-10-28, 11:51 AM
"Where do we find the Hairy Cherry?" Ovel asks quite loudly, from Noegle's shadow, with a voice eerily similar to Noegle. The serving woman, a quite young lady, looks at Noegle mortified.

"Your drinks will be five silver!" She squeaks, her face turning bright red.

Ovel snickers and says, far quieter. "Follow that one." Another shadow splits of him and, waiting for all of you to follow, would lead you as Ovel turns a different route.

Archmage1
2014-10-28, 11:52 AM
Elariel follows the shadow.

She has no money, so she's not paying for the drinks she didn't drink.

Sønderjye
2014-10-28, 12:12 PM
It makes Noegle a moment before he realises that it was his voice that Ovel was imitating No wait. no. That wasn't me it was the shad.. He helplessly stops realising how redicilous "my shadow did it" sounds. He will furiously try to stomp on Ovel(if able to hit him) and demand that the shadow pays for the wine since he is supposed help them with "anything they need".

Following the other shadow afterwards.

Sliver
2014-11-02, 11:51 AM
"Please, can you just pay?" The woman asks helplessly as she watches Noegle fighting with his own shadow.

You follow not-Ovel through the streets and find yourself in front of a small, two floors high, house that looks very nondescript and homely, except for the sign "Hairy Cherry" which is shaped like a couple of large stemless cherries next to each other, making the sign look a lot like breasts.

Not-Ovel slides underneath the door before you reach it and after a few minutes, you can hear it unlocking. A small, bronze-skinned, half-elven man bows to you and motions for you to enter. He is wearing light brown silk clothes, inspired by a desert style but made less practical, more fancy, flowing and revealing. His short hair is made into a hundred of tiny braids, which he would never consider putting blades on, and you can smell the scent of peach-scented perfume as you pass by him. He looks over you, winking at Neogle, and motions you towards one of the doors on the far side.

At least, the brothel is closed at the time, so you don't have to see the clients or the workers.

The room looks like a simple office. Stacks of binders and ledgers are organized on tables and cabinets, a few simple scenic paintings and a small statue of a pig-riding dog decorate the space, a liquid-light lantern hanging above. In front of the desk sits a familiar man, another clone of the Eye. There is only one other chair in the room, a bit further away from the table than the clone's.

Behind the door stands a bodyguard, but he leaves at a wave from the clone.

"Ovel has already reported to me what happened." He says, but his tone is different than 124's. Not simply because they are different bodies, but something more powerful is in this one. It's not the clone who is speaking, but the Eye. The strength behind the voice is clear. It's not an intimidating voice, nor a forceful one. Simply the strength that comes with those who have power, and are confident in it.

'Is there something you would like to say, perhaps that you think he might have missed?" The clone says. "Don't waste time asking for me to repeat what he said." He adds, waving dismissively. "If you feel it's important to know, no harm will come from repeating."

As you walk through the streets towards the opposite wall, looking to find a far away tavern, you notice something move. Almost instantly, you hear Ovel's voice. "What were you thinking, looking for the Eternal?" He hisses.

Sønderjye
2014-11-02, 04:39 PM
As Noegle stand outside the brothel he feel very uncomfortable. He cannot in his wildest dreams comprehend why someone as mighty as the Eye would set his foot inside a place that reeks of the filthiest of the dirty commoners. He shifts his weight unnerved from one side to the other and back multiple times during the waiting time.

He is suprised and can't help but stare at the man. He have never been to a place similar to this and almost expected whoever worked at the place to be covered in slime and dirt and crawl on all four. But this half-elf was nothing like that. His brownshirt was only slightly to revealing compared to the latest fashion and while the braid hair thingy was weird his choice in perfume was excellent. It was only when he saw the wink that he remembered the line of work that this man were doing. He flushes and starts staring focussed on a point about 3 feet from his feets.

Noegle stands confused. He expected a reprimade, a punishment and even getting released from the contract but this? Noegle couldn't detect any anger or threat in the question, actually he couldn't detect any feelings comming from this posessed clone at all. He stands silent hoping that the fact that he didn't follow abbant will speak in his favor.

As he was standing there he couldn't help but think of how redicilous the situation was. He was standing there, in the middle of a whore house, being asked by the most powerful person in the region if he had anything to add to the information that the all seing Eye had. Even more redidulous was it that the reason he was even asked the question was because of something that a filthy casual did. When his dad once said that the peasants were going to be his death Noegle never thought it was literal.

If nobody says anything he will ask You knew it all from the start. Was this a test of our loyalty or just to satisfy Eternal Armade's wish?

Erik Vale
2014-11-02, 09:01 PM
"A conversation best held alone."
Abbant's path immediately shifts to the nearest alley or alcove, so as not to be out of the way of anyone else in the streets, before leaning against a wall and speaking quietly.
"Just because one is soft doesn't mean another is. From what little I know, I can presume execution is likely, so I went to seek the one being I thought may spare and protect me... Alas, it seems that won't be occuring. I doubt you're my executioner unless there are more of you hiding in the woodwork, so what message do you have for me, or where do you need me to go?

Sliver
2014-11-03, 12:40 AM
"It was an oversight." The Eye says. "Eternal Armade didn't speak of the sword in years, so I did not suspect it was his intention to send you after it when he requested your services. It would have been a poor test of your loyalty, considering both Elans did have my support and had Ovel by them. Everything else being equal, neither choice would be more loyal than the other."

"With the information you were given, you did nothing wrong. The fact that your actions had negative consequences for me is not your fault, so you have nothing to worry about in that regard. I would like you to explain this to Abbant, before the next time he tries to seek protection from me. It's... Nearly impossible, I would say. Abbant is perhaps the only one who did it before, though not from me, but I doubt he'd do it again."

"I'll explain a few things to you because you have become involved in them and this understanding might affect your future. Everything I'm going to say here is between us. Francius knows some, Ovel knows all, none else should hear any of this."

"First, the matter of your life. Abbant is afraid that the mishap that happened in Clara Lux would cause me to take your life. I suspect that the Eternal used you to find out his position in relations to me. He probably suspected that I'm hiding information from me, so he held some information from you to see how I react. By protecting you from him and preventing his access to you, he now knows. Yes, I have forbidden him from interacting with you. If you happen to pass by each other on the street, you may exchange pleasantries, but he is not allowed to make demands of you, issue orders, attack you, physically or mentally, or read your Book of Life. You are basically nobody to him. Of course, as nobodies, if you insult him, he will still act to defend his honor. If you had been warned severely a couple of times, he would probably destroy you. I can't deny him that." He says, giving Elariel a slight glance, but nothing more.

"But Abbant's notion of seeking protection from me should also be addressed. A Sunguise owes the life of his subjects. For most Sunguises, it means little. For me, it means that I own their Books of Life. The Book of Life isn't a record of your life, it is your life. I won't deny that the power to erase anyone of my subjects at a whim isn't godlike, but it isn't a power I would use lightly. I'm telling you this so that you know that escaping from failure isn't an option. People tend to try harder when the option to bail as soon as things go south isn't available to them. I won't kill you for making a mistake, but I still expect you, as my Hunters, to do your best to avoid any. At least with what you were given."

"Abbant is a special case. He was born under a different Sunguise and became his Hunter. He has also found the one way to break the bond. Not willingly, either. However, my Hunters found him and convinced him that he would be executed, as the information would be highly dangerous for his Sunguise. Perhaps this led to him believing that I would kill him for accidents that aren't his fault. Abbant is valuable as an asset, and his skills... While they would prove useful in time, are less of a matter. By binding him, his life too is now mine, and I have access to his Book of Life. The knowledge that a foreign Hunter has is highly valuable to one who wishes to master all knowledge." The clone smiles.

"As for the Sword of Light..." His smile fades. "Clara Lux is an ancient building, though not as old as the Elan Council. We call the thing that made it The Architect, but it isn't a physical being. When the swords are placed together in the central room of Clara Lux, they give power to The Architect, who then builds more and more floors. We don't know what each floor will be before it is built, but there is one floor that the Eternal knows will be made, eventually. This floor will be a magic circle that is required for a ritual. Another element of the ritual is height. Once Clara Lux reaches a certain height, The Architect will create this floor. Eternal Armade is convinced that he would be able to complete the ritual and create a Sword of Light of his own."

"The prophecy that Francius told you of mentioned the Architect. We fear that one of the floors he will make will release the fey. If Eternal Armade was told of the prophecy, he wouldn't heed it. We don't know which floor might come first, but we have no desire to find out. The Eternal hungers for a blade of his own, as it would set him as an equal to the Council. He wouldn't let a prophecy deter him, especially one so vague and complex. I, however, have no interest in risking the world for the sake of indulging him. And now he knows that."

"Before I continue, is there anything you want to say or ask?" The Eye says and picks up one of the ledgers. He skims over it and seems pleased. Then he looks up at Neogle, answering a question asked, but not spoken. "Why not here? Before I found that swarming the city with shadows was the most efficient way to gather information, a brothel was a one of the best establishments to gather information in. Men who came here to satisfy needs that they found lacking in their own beds have a strange need of approval. They sought to impress a whore, opening both their coin purses and their mouths, spilling far more than their seed in the process. Afterwards, I couldn't simply close this place. Besides, the experience one gains balancing the ledgers of such an establishment are invaluable. This clone had to manage a varied personnel, while also keeping them healthy, especially as some customers have more brutal tastes to cater to, and certain herbs or potions, as not all women in the business have the, ahem, privilege, of being sterile. Besides, a brothel isn't simply a whorehouse Nobles and merchants come here to dine between their beddings, and many discuss business here as well. They feel that the intimate environment helps make trade and conversation more honest. Here, my shadows can gain much valuable information.

"Execution? What on- Is that what your old Sunguise would do?" Ovel sounds shocked. "That's insane! You aren't even at fault here, Armade has- Nevermind that now. Come, I'll take you to the others. They are talking with the Eye..."

Erik Vale
2014-11-03, 01:26 AM
"No, that's what powerful people holding secrets from other powerful people would do to minimise questions. I have nearly been on the receiving end of such once, but relative power was much different..."
Abbant seems to pause, as if contemplating before shaking his head, and moving to follow Ovel, dropping his disguise but using his hat to alter his size up somewhat, to better part any crowds they pass.

Archmage1
2014-11-03, 08:20 AM
Elariel, curious, seeks to expand her knowledge. She continues to stand.
"The Architect? Was it created by the Elans? If not, who did create it?"

Sønderjye
2014-11-03, 04:03 PM
Hearing that the four-armed human managed to hide from a sun-guise he is incredibly impressed. He promises himself to be more through in his judgement of others.

He is stunned hearing about the book of life. He makes a mental note to reread the contract for anything like that.

So Eternal managed to conseal his thoughts from Eye? Interesting, I almost didn't think that was possible. Noegle wonders. How do you plan on keeping his loyalty now that he know that your actions aren't in his best interest? Do you also have his book of life?

There is actually something I have been wondering. Why did the one of, if not the most powerful group of people pick the name sun-guises? I somewhat doubt that it is in honor of pelor.

Sliver
2014-11-04, 12:30 AM
"I don't plan on doing anything, yet." The Eye says. "Eternal Armade won't start an open conflict with me just yet. He still has use of my resources. I'm certain he suspects where the sword is now, but he knows that it will take him a lot to take down my wards, and it will do him little to obtain the sword against my will anyway. He wants to return it to the other swords and it will take an unknown, but quite large, amount of time until the floor he desires is constructed. He won't be able to keep the sword at the center of Clara Lux for that long, so I doubt he'll try until he is certain that he can achieve his goal. Until then, we are allies, even if he no longer trusts me. I doubt he ever did."

"Elans are a bit tough, though. No matter who they ally with, nobody but them owns their life. He is my ally, but unlike you, he is never mine. Your thoughts are as open to me as your book, but to get into his I need to use force. If I were to try, it would... Start things that I do not wish to start. The gain is great, cracking open such an ancient Elan as the Eternal, but the risk is greater. Having him close, friend or foe, is safer and more beneficial at the moment."

"As for our name..." The clone smiles. "It's one word, derived from an ancient dialect. The word means a few things, depending on context, and in this one, all of them are right. For us, it means power through blood and destruction. The King's power certainly was destroyed for us to gain ours. One could say that you are our Power Hunters."

The Eye turns to Elariel. "The Architect is... Tough to explain. The Elans had part in it, but they were not the source. I believe that it is something that existed, and while the Elans wouldn't confirm, I think The Architect is what helped them create their swords in the first place. Perhaps the Architect is split within the swords, and when they are combined, it can use its power. You see, my theory is that the Elans created themselves and their swords at the top of the Darastix Mountain, and that The Architect is actually its soul. I think that eventually, Clara Lux is supposed to be as tall as the Darastix Mountain, and only then will The Architect's work will be complete. It's only a theory though, and perhaps even the Elans don't fully understand The Architect."

Archmage1
2014-11-04, 06:51 AM
"That's certainly an interesting way to look at your alliance with him. It is, of course, your risk to take. Is it possible that the Elans were resistant before they became Elans? Perhaps there are other requirements for their ritual? Undergoing a change like that isn't going to be easy on the mind, and they do recruit new individuals from time to time. Do they ever fail?"

Elariel thinks about what The Eye tells her about the Architect, but after a few moments, she speaks once more.
"An interesting theory, but I don't think it's as simple as that. They learned how to create the swords by studying the fey, and I don't see how the fey would have led them to Darastix. It's certainly possible that the mountain was a ritual site, but I think that there's rather more to that story. After all, after studying immortality, they became immortal, and had immortal killing weapons. I suspect something else entirely."

Sønderjye
2014-11-04, 08:51 AM
(something I forgot to reply to in the last post)

Noegle regains the red colored in the head when he hears the description of the sexual act. He tries to camouflate it by making his tone angry as he says You can't seriously expect me to believe that honorable men would even dream of visiting this "estalishment". It is clear that what he thinks of the brothel by the way he says establishment.

Despite his emotional instability he can't help but wonder if there is a way to cheat the shadow messengers.

--

He takes his time to imprint the valueable information he just got into his memory before asking So what now?

Sliver
2014-11-05, 12:27 AM
The Eye smiles at Noegle. "Thankfully, the city's coffers don't rely on your beliefs."

Turning to Elariel, he continues. "It's not something one can resist, it's... Complicated. People always have someone above them. Whether or not they answer to them, agree with them, or hate them, it matters not. It's engraved in the nature of all beings that there is someone more powerful than them, and at any moment their life could change on his whim. It could be a god or a spiritual leader, it could be a king or as small as a mayor. The shackles of looming death mean that everyone is bound by the whim of the Reaper, who may come and claim anyone at any time. Our, the Sunguises, mere existence means that anyone under our domain is bound to us. There is nothing magical about it. You know that on my whim, your life, or the life of your brother, or anyone in your village, can be altered or even ended. You may say that doesn't affect you, you may even believe it, but just as my coffers don't get filled or emptied on belief, nor does my power over you gets diminished by it. Of course, in my case, because you are bound to me, I have access to your Book of Life, and thus my power over you is increased further."

"Elans are a special case. They break the bounds that bind mortals, but that doesn't mean that they are no longer bound. But in the process, the council becomes the sole power over an Elan. I do not know how they select new members, as they take a few notes from the Fey in being secretive and mysterious, but I do know that nobody petitions to become an Elan. They select those they wish to join their fold, and none has rejected them so far. Becoming an Elan means freedom and power, in one of the truest forms of both these words. Being an Elan offers a lot to anyone they would consider transforming. From what I know, they never attempt the ritual on anyone they doubt is strong enough to undertake it."

As Elariel continues to talk about the Architect, the clone looks at her with a hint of a smile. "Indeed, I never said it is simple. The Mountain is mysterious, but it is also magical. Nobody knows for sure what lies hidden within its bones, but I am certain that it has something to do with the Elans. Perhaps they found a power source there, or it amplified their magic, but that mountain had part in making the swords. The Architect could be a spirit they trapped in it, as those are immortal as well. It could be a fey, infused with magic and trapped in their swords, becoming a poison to its own kind. Fey are more than their physical body, nor are they simply magic. The means they had at the time would not be sufficient to do something like distill immortality from fey and drink it. Unfortunately, it's not something simple."

"The mountain is dangerous, and with all places of danger, many legends were born trying to explain it. If you decide one day to explore it and manage to discover anything that would help reach the truth, and survive to tell the tale, you could become quite famous. I would certainly reward any progress made to gather such valuable information." He smirks, baiting you. "Of course, I have something else for you to pick up first, so I can't have you roaming around just yet."

Sorry, there is just a bit I need to confirm before I can give you the next bit of information. I didn't want to leave you with nothing, so I post the main part now. The actual quest will come soon, I just want to have the important bits cleared with Dantie first. He is coming back, by the way...

Archmage1
2014-11-05, 07:06 AM
Elariel listens to the Eyes description of power, and shakes her head.
"But, in turn, your power is limited by us. If you inflict enough harm, no one will follow you, which would seriously weaken you, potentially more if people are trying to kill you. Rulership is a two way street, and the ruler only has power over the ruled so long as they allow it. Of course, the ruler does have considerable advantages in a confrontation, but his power is not absolute. As for Elans... does it? They give immortality, and power, and such things are very valuable. What do they take, in return? If they are just collecting the most powerful individuals, why? It's an interesting question. It could be simply because they want to be ready, in the event of a return of the fey, but goals change."
She smiles slightly as The Eye describes the mountain.
"It sounds like investigating the mountain might be quite interesting, and quite profitable. And very, very risky, especially without the right research. However, if there is something you wish us to pick up, that seems a much less risky first step. Gaining power before attempting the mountain seems like it's the smarter choice."

Sliver
2014-11-05, 08:56 AM
The clone laughs as Elariel speaks. "So if I say something, you assume that I don't know things that I did not say? I said that I did have power over you. I can take your life, or I can make it a miserable one. I can use certain means to force you to do what I want even if it's against your will. Did I say my power is obsolete? Nothing is. Stop being such an arrogant child to think that unspoken is equal to unknown. Do you honestly think that I don't know that my power would be weaker if I simply killed anyone under my rule on a whim?" He shakes his head. "Do you ask questions because you want to know more, or do you ask because you love hearing yourself trying to enlighten those around you? You asked why the Elans aren't affected by it. I told you why people are, and why the same wouldn't apply to an Elan. In turn, you are arguing that power isn't obsolete, as if it I claimed it. Do you wish to argue semantics with me, child? Did your education cover the concept of a Strawman?"

"Of course, the assumption that you are infatuated with hearing yourself trying to be wise is plausible at this point. Nobody with any self-control and wisdom would argue with an inquisitor about whether his organization is evil or not, in a small, confined, remote place just above the prisons and dungeons. If you are right about them, what are you trying to achieve? To get him to renounce his faith and join you in a quest to destroy the church? Or are you trying to prove your claims by having him take you down into the dungeon and torture you? So, are you wrong, living in some fantasy world, or suicidally foolish?"

As Elariel continues questioning the motives of Elans, the clone gets visibly bored. "Again, they are secretive. Their methods, motives or demands are unknown to all but them. If you want to find out, perhaps make yourself a potential candidate so that they offer you the transformation. Then you'll find out. And if you wish, you could also be the first one to reject the offer and find out how they react."

"As for the quest... There is a tribe of goliaths that had to be tamed some time ago. They used to raid and fought recklessly, but the potential they held was too great to simply wipe out without trying. So after they were defeated, they were forced to send their members of age to serve however seen fit. Most were fighters, but some had spiritual power so were trained, later they returned to their tribe as wisemen and..." He glances at Elariel. "Wisewomen. Nobody liked those, because how much they enjoyed letting everybody know that they are so wise."

"Anyway, I found out that one of members, a young man named Seth, had a vision. He saw the location of an item of power. Some sort of religious relic, I believe. According to the tribe's elder, who Seth disclosed the vision to and passed it on to my agent, Seth said that he has seen the phoenix in his vision, although he is uncertain of the relations of the phoenix and the artifact. Of course, he only heard tales of phoenixes, so who knows what he saw. Still, I thought that little tidbit would be of interest to some of you. He already took off to the location that he saw in his vision, so you would probably meet him there. Ovel will take you there, at least part of the way you can make by carriage. Once you get the artifact, you'll be told what to do with it."

"And one final thing I thought I should mention. This Seth, he fancies himself a singer and being a bard. Make of that what you will."

Archmage1
2014-11-05, 09:02 AM
Elariel laughs as the clone calls his power obsolete.
"I never suggested that your power was obsolete. I merely said that there were some limits. But it is clear that you don't want to continue this conversation."

She listens attentively as he describes the goliaths.
"Interesting. Do you know anything more about the artifact?"
A phoenix? Perhaps the spirit meant me to do something about this? But what? Regardless, investigating seems like the best plan.

Sliver
2014-11-05, 09:26 AM
"Not at this moment, no. One of the reasons this tribe is valuable is because of their spiritual connection. Whenever their visions were followed, it led to an artifact that, while not always powerful, was important to someone." The Eye explains. "Some appeared in lore and thought to have been destroyed or stolen, others never known of and revealing untold stories of historical importance."

Archmage1
2014-11-05, 09:29 AM
Elariel nods in understanding.
"Then perhaps you can tell us more about the tribe? It's history, current leadership, that sort of thing?"

I am ok with a lot of that lore being handled as a "The eye tells her information" type event.

Sønderjye
2014-11-05, 11:04 AM
I can't help but wonder. What happens to your book of life when you become a undead? Do you wield the same power over say Ovel?
Noegle tries not to think of way to become undead and instead focusses his mind on the quest. It did sound interesting. I accept it he thinks, assuming that Eye still are reading his thoughts.

Sliver
2014-11-05, 12:41 PM
Finishing with Elariel, the Sunguise turns to look at Neogle. He smiles at him for a while, remaining silent. "Yes." He finally answers.

*Knock knock*

The bodyguard opens the door and Abbant is there, led in by Ovel.

"Wonderful! Once again, together!" The Eye says. "And all of you unharmed! Mostly, anyway. For your group, that's an achievement." He laughs. "The others can give you the rundown later. Don't try to betray me again, will you?" He says. "The Eternal is a poor guardian, besides." He pauses, considering. "You should remember that if you want to find something in this continent, I'm your best bet. If your quest is important to you, you'd stick around."

Erik Vale
2014-11-05, 12:55 PM
Abbants eyes narrow slightly, before he half bows.
"I am pleased to find my assumptions wrong, Eye."

Sønderjye
2014-11-05, 01:18 PM
On the way Noegle will retell the story, sounding almost pleased about hearing his own voice.

He'll also ask into why Abbant thought the Eye would kill him and ask what it was that he said before he ran.

Erik Vale
2014-11-06, 10:23 PM
"Because that's how secrets are kept, and I told you to follow. What did you think this motion means?"
Abbant moves his hand as to wave Neogle towards him.

Sønderjye
2014-11-08, 08:37 AM
Secrets are kept by killing someone after they leaked the secret? Noegle feels like he will need to understand the way that this man thinks if he is work work somewhat well with him. It means that you are under the delusion of being the leader. He responds to the insult.
He will try to figure out which languages everyone speaks and share that he speaks Hengeyokai, Giant, Goblin and spirit tongue.

Erik Vale
2014-11-08, 10:37 PM
Abbant rolls his eyes.
Assuming they contained the templar, we were the only loose ends waiting to be tied up. And the Elan we spoke with even thought of slaying us before deciding against it. And as for leadership, none has been decided, and if you would rather shout uselessly like the noble fop you appear or wait about on someone stunned into helplessness instead of following one who can act... That is your prerogative."
Abbant smiles, enjoying the exchange.
He reveals himself to speak Celestial, Infernal and Common, as well as being able to communicate in Drow Sign.

Archmage1
2014-11-08, 11:12 PM
Elariel listens to Noegle and Abbant bicker, and she sighs.
"We will need to select a leader, but I think the right choice will be come clear to us over time. As for languages, I'm afraid that my talents are minimal. I can speak in this language, elven, the tongue of fire, the language of the ancients, and orcish. It appears that this is our common language, and no other. Now, the Eye is getting us out of the city, and out of sight. If he were going to have us killed, once we are away from everything is the ideal time for him to do it, but I don't think he will. And even if he does, we may be able to fend off his assassins. Unlikely, but possible. Regardless, there is nothing we can do about it, unless you both know a way to get out of the contract."

Erik Vale
2014-11-08, 11:55 PM
"I do. Death is preferable."
Abbant barely slows in his walk as he speaks, actually speaking up his pace slightly after.

Sliver
2014-11-09, 01:06 AM
"One would imagine that speaking in a quiet voice would attract less attention than speaking in one of the lower languages." Ovel offers. "It also has the benefit of being understood by the recipient. In this case, the only one who got the message was the one you tried to avoid informing. As for Francius' death threat, don't worry about it. He tends to think aloud. I'm sure most people you encounter think of killing you at one point or another, but you are still alive! And most of you haven't died once yet!"

As you approach the western outer gates, Ovel leads you over to "Salamander Coach, Takes You Everywhere it can." The last part seems to have been added by hand at a later date. Ovel hums softly, seemingly pleased or perhaps humored by the addition.

"Salamander Coach have a contract with the agents. When you'll have your own Hunter tokens you'll be able to have them drive you about free of charge." Ovel pauses. "I'm surprised none of you asked about the tokens, really. Were things so overwhelming that you forgot Hunters have those, unlike you?" He sounds amused.

A large coach, fitting for eight people, is strapped with horses and waiting in front of the company. It is quite large, and decorated with finely carved dragons, painted red and gold. The driver, a young brunnete lady wearing black tanned leather shirt and a dark green riding skirt, sits on top of the wagon playing a game of cards with a cat in a poncho.

Erik Vale
2014-11-09, 01:35 AM
Abbants eyes flick over the coach before returning to Ovel.
"I did arrive as they were dismissed, and wasn't given mine in the first place... However given that we're leaving, is Rampage going to be being paid for by the eye, or do we get to wait around?"

Sliver
2014-11-09, 01:38 AM
"I'm acting as your Hunter token for now..."

Erik Vale
2014-11-09, 01:40 AM
Abbant's brows furrow slightly.
"No, Rampage. My Bison."

Sliver
2014-11-09, 01:44 AM
"Right... You have a bison... It can stay here for now, whichever stable you left it in will take care of your... Rampage, don't worry."

Erik Vale
2014-11-09, 01:54 AM
Abbant nods, a slight frown the only sign of his disliking of his loss of personal steed.

Sønderjye
2014-11-09, 02:33 PM
Lose end? How in earth could we be considered lose ends? Noegle is completely incapable of understanding this strange man until a thought strikes him. Was that how your previous Sunguise ruled?
The shouting was useless because YOU chose not to respond to it. This may be a suprising fact to you but it's unpolite to ignore peope. "Stunned into helplessness" as you so blatantly put it implies that there was something to be done.
Noegle will quite intentionally avoid eye contact with the half-naked elf on the way out.
He does think that he is the leader Noegle rationalize There must be a reason for that, is it his experience as a hunter or his age?

Noegle stops hearing Ovel speak. Who have been dead?

On the ride he'll ask Abbant if he can teach him drow sign language. He will ask ask the others to learn the language with the argument that it will be a major advantage if they were able to communicate in such a non-verbal secret language.

Erik Vale
2014-11-09, 07:31 PM
"No, merely how I've noticed most people in power act. And I do believe you understood the motion." Abbant smiles.

"I can teach, but it'll go slow... Perhaps we can find some Pearls of Speech..."

Sliver
2014-11-10, 12:54 AM
Ovel doesn't answer Neogle, but groans as you approach the carriage.

"I'm Mouse! And this here is Sir Purrington!" The young woman announces. "And we'll be your drivers for today."

"Meow" Purrington says.

"Nope, you lose!" Mouse laughs.

"Meow meow. Hiss."

"Whoa there, what a filthy mouth you have mister!" Mouse puffs her cheeks. "With that attitude, I'll paw-n you off to some wizard. How would you like being the familiar of some fat geezer?"

"MEOW! Meow meow!"

"Well, that will be your problem then."

"Meow, meow. Meeeow."

"What? It would look ridiculous for you to have a mouse familiar." She laughs again.

"I think he meant having you, Mouse, as his familiar." Ovel suggests.

Mouse's expression turns blank immediately and she stares at Purrington, who seems to roar with laughter.

She pouts and slinks into the driver's seat as you climb aboard. Ovel slides over to her as well, probably to give directions, before returning and joining you inside.

"Mouse is talented, but her mouth rarely stops." Ovel says after a few minutes into the ride, once you have passed the gates and left the city. "It's probably just a coping mechanism, but I wish she chose something else for her quirk. She could have been a great agent if she could encounter a silence and not insist on filling it with babble. You might find her interesting, Noegle. He isn't really called Purrington, you know. He's Leeon, yeah, I know. They're both from the Catpaw family. You might have mingled with those in your past. But she's different, as you can pick out from her name. Her parents took it pretty hard, so she only has Leeon to look out for her. He's a good brother. Not many would sacrifice so much for so little..."

Erik Vale
2014-11-10, 01:41 AM
"I assumed familiar, but brother? That is an oddity..."

Archmage1
2014-11-10, 07:01 AM
Elariel watches the pair of Purrington and Mouse interact, and she smiles softly. It's always nice to see such love.
"So much for so little? I think you underestimate how important family can be, Ovel."