PDA

View Full Version : wfrp (invite only) but feel free to read

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

littlebottom
2008-11-22, 08:44 PM
@both: its about 7pm in nuln, the sun is begining to set, and its been a long and dull day.

@axel: its been a harsh day today, in the streets, not many have been out and about, and many just walk on by without a second glance, its nearing the end of the day and theres posibility for staying out "working" for a bit longer or packing it in for an early night, at the pub or going home, or infact any other business you feel you have to attend to.

there are currently only 2 people listening to you, a human, who looks pretty poor and dumb, and a halfling who laughs a little too loudly at your jokes, but hey, halflings are often jolly

@magna: its been a long, quiet day, and not much intresting has happend, only 3 customers all day have came in inquireing about your work and only 1 bought anything, a small dagger you made this morning, the stuff to make it cost you about 10p and you sold it for 30p but, thats not the sort of profit that keeps your business going, about now is when you normally close up (assuming you have a shop anyway) but theres time to do some more work before closing up, if you like

Xsesiv
2008-11-22, 08:46 PM
Axel will kick the wall in fury at wasting a set and walk over to the halfling and human. "A'ight?"

littlebottom
2008-11-22, 08:50 PM
a'right?....... yeah, think so says the human looking a little perplexed, this was almost his permenant expresion

hahahaaa! come on do another joke! that last one was brilliant hahahaaaaa, the bit where you kicked the wall too hahahaaa the halfling says, sounding a little bit tipsy and jolly

Xsesiv
2008-11-22, 08:52 PM
Axel looks at the little halfling. "Annoying little bugger aren't you? You been drinking? It's only seven o'clock. Are you feeling well?"

littlebottom
2008-11-22, 08:54 PM
the halfling begins to laugh then stops. huh wha..? i have had a couple to drink, thanks for asking, you offering another? the halfling still a little too sober to pass an opportunity to get more drink, many people in the streets were cheapskates... although not nesessarily poor

Xsesiv
2008-11-22, 08:57 PM
For Esmerelda's sake! Nothing but idiots and tramps in Nuln. And inbreds...Nuln is one big happy family. Maybe I could work that into my next set... thinks Axel as he walks back to his flat.

littlebottom
2008-11-22, 09:01 PM
hahahaaaaa, good one!!! .... oh wait... what did you just say? the halfling says as he follows you a little way down the street then realises the show is over

on you way back to the flat, you see a noble pass you by who was at the party a few days back who bumps into you as you walk WATCH WHERE YOUR GOI.... oh sorry didnt recognise you, your that guy at the party wernt you!

Xsesiv
2008-11-22, 09:02 PM
Indeed sir, and very well it went too, may I add. I believe your Lordship was particularly impressed with my observations on...Tileans, I think it was?

littlebottom
2008-11-22, 09:06 PM
oh indeed he was sir, very impressed indeed sir, the noble almost bows to you, and you remember you stole his purse containing exactly 1.5GC in it, particularily low for a noble, but you picked on him due to the fact he obviously enjoyed the show and was very kind to you the rest of the night... an easy target

Xsesiv
2008-11-22, 09:21 PM
"Eh, I mean not to cast aspersions on your honour, sir, but I was told your Steward would pay me. He did not. Is there any chance I could be reimbursed for my services?"

Charm test [roll0] Dammit!

littlebottom
2008-11-22, 09:27 PM
the noble looks at you and says...but, but... but i was there, i saw him pay you he looks at you rather confused and slightly suspiciously

drum-n-bass
2008-11-22, 11:36 PM
Eh. I have de rest of me life to work. I'm going to call it a day and head to da tavern fo' a drink. Magna seems to say to no one in particular, since no one is there. Closing up shop, which is also where he lives, he walks down a block or so to the local tavern, where everyone knows him. Sitting down on a stool he orders an ale and some dinner.

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 07:53 AM
"No, you saw him return my purse, which I lent him for safekeeping, which, incidentally, he stole three crowns from."

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 09:26 AM
@axel: make another charm check with a routine modifier

@magna: as you sit down the barkeep shouts over hey magna! nice to see you again, how did the day go my friend? he keeps listening as he fetches the ale and the food which he gives you an extra sasauge and slice of bacon, free of charge. that'll be 3p for the ale 5p for the food mate.

@both: the sun is almost set and very little natural light is left

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 09:32 AM
[roll0] against 53 Fel and +10 for routine

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 09:36 AM
@axel: oh yes of course, how silly of me. i will repaly the money now and give him a good stern talking to, takeing money off of hard working decent people of this town! he shall be punished, yes... he hands over the money, claimed to be stolen and wishes you a good day as he walks rather quickly home mumbling to himself about his retched steward.
you are now alone again and the sun has almost set

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 09:38 AM
"Bloody hell, why am I surrounded by idiots?" He pulls out a dagger and makes to slash his arm..."No, I put that behind me." Instead he goes to the tavern for a double shot.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 09:43 AM
nuln is a big place, and your local isnt the same as magnas, but as you walk in, you do see some people glance over at you and fall slightly silent. then as they continue drinking and chatting you overhear parts of conversations every three days yes, and today is the third day

these people vanishing, just random people it seems

i hear that they only take hard working citizens, no peasants living on the steets, no nobles eaither.

these conversations are a little worrying at best

the barkeep gives you the double shot, hey, its you, how you been doing? says the barkeep, although slighty unsure to who you actually are, as his new... the last one went missing about 6 days ago

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 10:48 AM
Axel knocks back the shot, buys another one and fills his clay pipe with some Moote Halflynge Weede, before going over to the men who are talking about dissappearances to try and find out more.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 01:38 PM
as you walk over you catch the end of the conversation ah well, it could happen to anyone, i mean you wouldnt notice peasants missing would you which was met with some small laughter

wouldnt want to be out too late though, in these steets, could be nasty.... what time is it now?

dont know, hey look the suns gone down but no ones lit the street lights, bugger this im off home before anything happens to me!

the others all agree and leave in a hurry, and a few others followed suit, the bars alot less busy now.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-23, 02:29 PM
@axel: make another charm check with a routine modifier

@magna: as you sit down the barkeep shouts over hey magna! nice to see you again, how did the day go my friend? he keeps listening as he fetches the ale and the food which he gives you an extra sasauge and slice of bacon, free of charge. that'll be 3p for the ale 5p for the food mate.

@both: the sun is almost set and very little natural light is left
Eh....It twas ok, only sold a dagga'. I think I may try to get back into stone working. Heres your 8p. Oh thanks for de extra. Magna says digging into the food.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 02:36 PM
@magna: no problem, mate.... hey have you heard? some strange stuffs being going on lately, peoples been vanishin... inta thin air! every 3 nights, and tonights tha night so id be careful if i were you mate... come to think of it id be careful if i was me! after a short silence he says but hey dont worry too much, theres loadsa people in this here tavern, so whats the likelyhood its me.... or you? nah we should be fine. he concludes.

the sun has now set and its dark outside.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-23, 02:39 PM
Haha.....Yeah..... he says with a scared look on his face. He then looks around the room while taking a bite of his sausage.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 02:41 PM
im gonna be shutting up early tonight anyway so youve got about 10 ta 15 mins before im getting everyone outa here.... i got my reasons. he says with noticable fear in his face

as you look around the room you notice several people standing at the far end of the room by the door, all with fear in their eyes and obviously just came in to feel safer

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 04:42 PM
"Bugger this, too. I'm not staying here listening to this dreary conversation." Axel will finish his shot and leave the bar to find another one.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 04:48 PM
@axel: after you leave, you step out into a dark street, with no one in sight, untill all of a sudden you hear a voice behind you this tha one? yeah dats im!

you cant recognise the first voice but the second voice is definately the stupid looking man watching you on the steet... maybe not as dumb as he looks. (if you turn to look at them they are wearing masks, and you will not see their faces... although you already know the one)

the man with the first voice tries to grab your arms to stop you from running or hitting either of them

[roll0] strength 45 (his a big guy) roll an agility to try and escape his grasp (if you have more margins of success than him you escape his grasp. or less faliures (im sure you know a margin of failiure or sucess is 10 either side of the stat))

1 success, if you fail your test he grabs you and restrians you

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 04:51 PM
[roll0] Ag 45. Small-size bonus?

As he tries to wriggle away Axel will threateningly draw his hatchet and scream "Help!" inside the bar as loud as he can.

OK, I got away. Axel will run into the bar and jump onto the nearby table to attract as much attention as he can.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 04:54 PM
the second man jumps at you and tries to put his hand across your mouth

[roll0] agi 34 (again opposed roll)

the first man, who tried to grab you runs to the tavern door and tries to hold it shut (he will successfully hold it shut for 1d5 rounds) [roll1] 30 seconds

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 04:56 PM
[roll0]

Axel will suck the man's hand into his mouth and bite as hard as he can. If this doesn't succeed he will chop at the man with his hatchet.

Neither of us got an entire degree of success or failure. I failed mine by less. Do we try again or...?

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 05:19 PM
ill say he gets his hand over your mouth but you easily bite it, doing 1 wound (unless youve got rabies lol) ahhhh you little bastard! he produces a sap and goes to hit you on the head, (im guessing as he does so you try hit him with the hatchet? if so roll WS)

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 05:22 PM
[roll0] against WS 27

After this he will take out his still smouldering pipe and flick the ashes at the mans eyes: [roll1] against BS 45

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 05:31 PM
the man easily dodges the hatchet, but gets some of ashes in his eye, but not enough to stop him and he will try to hit you with the sap

[roll0] WS 42

stay still you little bugger! another chance to hit him with the hatchet if you like

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 05:33 PM
The nimble halfling moves out of the way of the sap easily and goes straight for the mans groin with his hatchet while drawing his dagger all the while screaming for help.

WS 27 [roll0]

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 05:34 PM
the man, now slightly worried tries another quick attempt at using the sap

[roll0] ws 42

he misses, after your action and then his the door will burst open

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 05:35 PM
Shoving the hatchet at the mans face as a parting shot Axel runs back towards the bar.

[roll0] WS 27

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 05:38 PM
him grabbing your mouth was the same round as he stopped the door, so theres 1 more isnt there?

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 05:38 PM
Yeah, saw that. Fixed it.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 05:40 PM
why are halflings so quick!!!! he tries alast ditch attempt with the sap

[roll0] ws 42

door bursts open and the barkeep bardges out with an axe

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 05:42 PM
Axel meanwhile runs at the other man waving his hatchet to see if he can scare him; if he can he will chase him, if he can't he will run in.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 05:45 PM
the man looks at you with fear in his eyes, but still tries to grab you with a -10 modifier, as you run past him trying to get into the bar

[roll0] strength 45-10

bang on, roll agility, if you fail his got you

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 05:46 PM
Ag 45 [roll0]

Ha.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 05:49 PM
damn you lol,

the barkeep turns and says get in there! theres a hatch to the celler behind the bar! and swings the axe at the man who tried to grab you

[roll0] ws 39

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 05:50 PM
Axel will run to the cellar and go inside. (Don't tell me he keeps a pet Daemon down there)

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 05:55 PM
no he doesnt, theres a few rats and barrels but not much else

you take care of the barkeep, ill go after the halfling!
he runs in after you and runs behind the bar, and finds the hatch but has trouble opening it (as im guessing you locked it :smallwink:)

the other guy fighting the barkeep pulls out a shortsword and lunges at the keep [roll0] ws 37

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 05:56 PM
The halfling will get out a lamp or torch or whatevers down there and search the barrels for spirits.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:00 PM
most of it is cheap beer but hidden at the back is a small wine rack, with a selection of fine wines

*rattle rattle* i know your down there! ill get it open eventually!

(the lock is old and rather weak, but will hold till he has a margin of success (in total adding all rolls) of 5 on strength)

[roll0] strength 34 (this mans a little weaker)

the barkeep attacks the man in the street again [roll1] ws 39

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:06 PM
Axel will open all the lamps and pour the slippery oil all over the stairs, then proceed to taunt the man. "Yeah, whatever, ya weakling. You're so full of s**t you have dihoerrea of the mouth and constipation of the brain!" If he has time he will palm a couple of wine bottles.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:08 PM
why you!!!

easy modifier on strength due to anger [roll0] strength 34 +20 the lock creeks slightly

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:09 PM
Axel will slip the most expensive-looking wine bottle into his breeches before drawing his hatchet.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:10 PM
the guy in the street gets annoyed and thinks "sod this" and aims for the barkeeps knees to cripple him [roll0] ws 37

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:11 PM
come on stupid lock!

strength 34 [roll0]

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:12 PM
Axel can continue the taunt. "Yeah, you have enough dads to count on one of your hands - six."

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:13 PM
when i get you, your in for a world of pain!

[roll0] 34+20 the lock starts to become loose

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:15 PM
Didn't you break it?

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:16 PM
as the barkeep swings the man jumps out the way and into the bar, closes the door behind and puts his sword through the handle and into the woodwork of the wall behind, stopping the barkeep from entering again

you think this door will stop me? and starts to hack at it with his axe

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:17 PM
Hearing the other man come in Axel thinks "Oh bugger oh bugger oh BUGGER!"

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:18 PM
get over here and help me quick!

[roll0] 34
[roll1] 45

ffs.... one more round and its open ok! lol

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:18 PM
"Two d**kheads are better than one!"

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:20 PM
they both pull as hard as they can and the hatch snaps open, the man who was trying to open the hatch for the longest starts to run down the steps

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:20 PM
Axel pretends to cower in fear hiding his hatchet knowing the man will hurt himself slipping on the oil on the steps.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:21 PM
the man begins to slip [roll0] agility 40 he falls over and rolls down the stairs, landing face up

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:23 PM
Axel will call out "Fear my evil magic, mere mortals! I knocked this man down without touching him." to scare them as he aims and chops at the man.

WS 27 +10 aim +20 knocked down, I'm assuming another +20 for being stunned? [roll0]

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:24 PM
roll damage (toughness 3 armour 1 all over so minus 4)

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:26 PM
SB 2 [roll0]

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:27 PM
the man screams in pain as he tries to stand up, as the other man, comes much more carefully down the stairs to avoid falling over (take another action)

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:31 PM
Axel will chop the man then run behind the nearest barrel and push it off the shelf onto him.

WS 27 +20 knocked down [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:39 PM
the man stands up off the floor get him take this sap! and hands the sap over to the bigger man while the first man nurses his wounds (easy test to get him with the barrel)

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:39 PM
S tset to shift barrel: [roll0] against S 22.

Ok, I failed to move the barrel. Axel will use it to block the man till he gets round it towards the door, then make a break for it. (Manoeuvre and Move)

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:41 PM
the big man comes round the corner of the barrel ah there you are! and swings the sap

ws 37 [roll0] (come on please!!!) YES! factor of sucess 3 i think, beat that with agility and he misses

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:43 PM
Isn't it Strike to Stun? I.e. you make a S test, I make a T test?

Ag 45 [roll0]

Axel falls down out cold.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:44 PM
ah damn you, well he hits anyway. now the strength then [roll0] strength 45 a mild failiure, lets see if you do better with toughness.

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:46 PM
T 35, [roll0]

Now unconscious. Thanks for that.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:47 PM
your out cold, last thing you remember, is the barkeep heroically charging down the stairs... then slipping over banging his head on the floor and groans (still alive)

Edit: the next part will be done in PM till drum catches up.

Xsesiv
2008-11-23, 06:53 PM
Can't we just wait till drum catches up? Cause if I'm unconscious, I won't know what happens to him anyway. Also, I'm gonna log now.

littlebottom
2008-11-23, 06:57 PM
@Xsesiv: ah ok then, cya l8er

@magna: after the conversation about the dissapearances the barkeep says looks like closing time.... he raises his voice and says to the whole bar come on! im closing in 60 seconds! now get a move on out the door! he turns back to you and says proberbly be seein ya tomorrow eh? (sorry to hurry things up but you and i arnt on at the same time as often.)

drum-n-bass
2008-11-23, 10:29 PM
(sorry I was really busy today.)
Magna says to the man Uh..yeah...Yeah I will see you tomorrow evening . After leaving he pulls his hammer out and tries to go as quickly as he can back to his shop.

littlebottom
2008-11-24, 07:42 AM
as you leave, there are many others being kicked out, huddling in groups on their way home, some go the same way as you at first but a couple of turns to the shop... your all alone, as you (i guess) speed up to get back, you make it to your shop pretty quickly, and unlock the door and step in, practiacally slamming the door shut behind you.

but as you turn your lantern on which you leave by the door to help you lock up at night, there are several men, in the shadows around the room and one standing in the middle of the shop area. you recognise him instantly as the man who brought the dagger earlyer, and he is now holding it... and it seems to be dripping. nice dagger you made here. shame the lock was no fun, that was way too easy for me to pick, maybe you should get a better lock?

he attacks with lightining quick speed as the others watch [roll0] WS 38

he misses as you sidestep with ease. hah! you might be some fun after all!

the men around the room dont seem to do anything but watch. as you count, there is about 5 other men in the shadows.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-25, 06:36 PM
Magna lunges forward to the man to hit him in the face

[roll0] Attack WS-40|-|40

I don't know what else I need, so if you want to roll it, fine with me.

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 06:51 PM
if you hit him you would have to roll damage too, but you missed anyway

as you lunge the man leans sideways to avoid your hammer, and comes round with the dagger to try and get your back

[roll0] WS 38

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 06:54 PM
he hits dealing [roll0] to the body (i believe) dont forget to minus TB and armour (his SB and the daggers cancel out, to make it fairer as its poisend) as he stabs you poison enters your body make a toughness test, if you pass no effect if you fail you will have [roll1] rounds before you pass out (dont forget dwarfs get extra resistance to poison)

Xsesiv
2008-11-25, 07:01 PM
Somewhere else, Axel groans loudly as Magna sustains one Wound.

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 07:05 PM
axel only semi-concious feels quite badly bruised, and in pain all over his body

Xsesiv
2008-11-25, 07:06 PM
Bugger this, I'm off back to sleep.

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 07:08 PM
unfortunately it wasnt your mind that made that disicion, it was your body, weak and tired, and in need of generaly healing

Xsesiv
2008-11-25, 07:11 PM
Meanwhile, Magna needs to make a T test.

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 07:13 PM
meanwhile, magna has buggered off line lol

Xsesiv
2008-11-25, 07:13 PM
You gonna make the test for him? Can't we just have someone smack him with a sap?

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 07:17 PM
was looking for his stats as you posted :smallcool:

[roll0] T 44 +10 for poison resistance

ah he passed

and yes i could just have some one smack him with a sap, but the poisoned dagger, which he sold earlyer had more irony :smallwink:

Xsesiv
2008-11-25, 07:18 PM
+10% bonus on T tests to resist poison.

Irony takes all.

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 07:22 PM
after he is (if he is) knocked out, you will be talking to him devising plans, so you need him on for the time anyway, or atleast i hope you need teamwork

Xsesiv
2008-11-25, 07:24 PM
Drum's not too combat literate, so should you just do a default action till and if he gets K.O?

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 07:26 PM
in this situation where i am rewarding exp for inventiveness etc, also i like vivid explanations of actions, so i would rather you took control than me default actioning but give him time

i dont want drum feeling left out, sorry drum, i might let Xsesiv take control of you for this fight in a little bit, hope you dont mind

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 07:45 PM
drum, PM Xsesiv if you need help with combat but dont want me to know about it at the time

i can also do some of the rolls for you if you like (normally would of done initiative but its easy enough to remember the order atm)

Xsesiv
2008-11-25, 08:03 PM
MAGNA NOT AXELWITH GM PERMISSION

Sorry Drum.

Magna gloats "Prick me wi' yer poison sting, eh? The I'll prick you wi' mine!" looking at the tiny scratch on his chest and wondering why it stings so much. He swings the lantern in a wide arc spilling burning oil on the men, then thrusts the hammer at the closest one.

WS 40 [roll0]
Damage: SB 4 [roll1]

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 08:04 PM
as magna is preocupied with the man with the dagger, a figure from the shadows steps forwards and with a mighty smash with a sap, knocks the dwarf out when he wasnt looking

wot? he says

why did you do that! i wanted to have some fun with him first!

oh... sorry boss

you better be! or else i will get that sap and sho... and thats where your memory ends

Xsesiv
2008-11-25, 08:05 PM
I'm guessing action picks up when we regain consciousness, wherever we've been taken?

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 08:11 PM
@both: you awake in a room with no windows, save one. in the door is a small barred window. the walls are solid stone, there are 2 beds and a table with 2 plates of burnt cold sasauges and 2 chairs placed by them, apart from that there is nothing else other than dried blood on the floor

@axel: you awake feeling bruised and battered, as if you had been given a good beating after being knocked out.

@magna: you feel slightly ill from the after effects of the poison.

@both: a guard walks up to the door ah your awake! good, dont mind me i make patrol past the door every 5 minuites, other than that you wont see another living soul for the rest of your days, haha and wonders off

(you must now both discribe your image in detail for the other, and introduce yourselves, and maybe have some friendly banter:smallwink:, well you must discribe yourselves atleast the rest is up to you... also you might wanna figure out a plan)

Xsesiv
2008-11-25, 08:15 PM
Axel gets up. He is blue-eyed, and has extremely long blond hair, one part of which is matted with a trickle of blood where the sap hit him. The hair is at least half as long as himself. Himself, incidentally, is just over four foot. He wears good quality clothes, and looks fairly thin for a halfling; he is missing a tooth, giving a predatory smile, and he has dark patches under his eyes.
As he sits up, his brain shakes insid ehis head, causing extreme pain.

"Aaaoow, oooh, eeeech, aargh, my head...Argh! Was I drinking last night? Yes...He then feels the bruised feelings. Did I get in a brawl?" He opens his eyes and surveys the room. "Oh, no bedroom is like this. I'm not on drugs again, am I? Did I get caught on drugs and put in prison?" He sees the Dwarf on the next bed and his eyes widen. "Oh, for Esmerelda's sake!" He jumps straight out of bed and backs as far away from the Dwarf as he can. "Oh, gods, no, please tell me I didn't...".

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 08:19 PM
stupid me forgot to mention, all obvious weapons and possesions have been confiscated except those hidden under clothing etc(wine bottles still there, luckily un damaged!)

Xsesiv
2008-11-25, 08:20 PM
As he backs against the wall, the bottle clinks. Curiously he pulls it out, regards it, and replaces it.

As an afterthought he pulls it out, de-corks it with his teeth and drinks a firm swig, which relaxes him, allowing him to remember what happened a night ago.

He goes over to the table and tries to, (tries being the operative word) eat the burnt cold sausage. Tiring of this he turns to the Dwarf, offers him the wine and asks him his name, trying to get his claypipe out if he has it.

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 09:36 PM
if it was in an outside pocket, its gone, if its in a less obvious inside pocket, its still there, the guards wernt too happy about searching a halfling and dwarf completely

drum-n-bass
2008-11-25, 09:58 PM
Magna could be compared to a small hearty bowl of stew. For a dwarf he is relatively small, but he is strong, sturdy and stout. He has tar black hair with some dark blue thrown in. His hair reaches his neck and his face and front neck are covered with a double braided beard with gray hammers and anvils used as beads. His eyes are dark brown like trees. He wears a leather apron which has food and other stains on it. His arms are covered with hair and he has a pair of gloves sticking out of his backpocket. He is wearing an offwhite/cream colored tunic shirt with brown pants and boots. His nose seems halfway down to veer off to another direction. He looks confused about what is going on.

Standing up he sees a halflingWho are ye? I'm Magna Steelfist. How long have you been in here? I think I've only been in here for a night. What day is it? What kind of sausage is that? What are you doing in here? What am I doing in here? How long am I supposed to stay in here for? Why did they take all my belongings? I did nothing wrong, did I? Why am I here? What's going on? I have a business to run? I have someone who can vouch for me. I WANT OUT OF HEREEEEE...*starts crying and sitting down again with his hands holding his face.

littlebottom
2008-11-25, 10:04 PM
the guard comes down the corridor slightly hurriedly and pops his face into the window area whats all this noise? cant you be quiet like normal prisoners? haha that ones crying, he turns to look down the corridor the way he came HEY FRED! GET OVER HERE, THIS ONES CRYING!!! another guard comes along and almost pushes the other out the way hah! so he is! and his a dwarf too, their supposed to be tough, haha put anybody in a cell and they all break sooner or later they continue to laugh and head down the corridor in the opposite direction to that they came.

Xsesiv
2008-11-26, 11:42 AM
The tobacco pipe is soon produced from his inner breast pocket, but his tobacco-pouch is gone, having been in his outside pocket.

"I'm Axel Udo, sorry to say. A comedian, you could say. I don't know why we're in here. How's about finding out?"

Axel hides the bottle in his breeches again, puts the pipe back, then knocks the table over and kicks over the chairs while screaming. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!"

littlebottom
2008-11-26, 12:00 PM
nothing happens at first, but after about half a minuite the guy you now know as fred comes down the corridor, and pokes his head up to the window what is it now?

he is surprisingly kind considering how cruel he was earlyer

Xsesiv
2008-11-26, 01:06 PM
"Where the hell are we, who are you, what are you doing with us, and who is he?"

littlebottom
2008-11-26, 06:23 PM
the guard thinks his way carefully around the questions your in this cell... im fred... were guarding you... why dont you ask him yaself? the man looks slightly releaved afterwards at what a good job he had done at hiding the truth and before he saunters off down the corridor he asks anythin' else ya be wantin' while im here? cus im on patrol ya see. an' its gonna take me 10 or so minuites to get back. if there are no further questions he turns and walks down the corridor

i think drum said his name in his little monologue

Xsesiv
2008-11-26, 06:34 PM
"Yeah, OK, you smart-arse. Why are we here? Let me rephrase that. For which purpose did you, or your men, allies or similar, bring us here?"

littlebottom
2008-11-26, 06:41 PM
hmm better question and the answer is, i know very little, i just work here, and what i do know im not allowed to tell ya you see? now if i was in charge i would be the same i think, i mean all i know that im allowed to tell ya is that you were kidnapped... and im sure you guessed that already... is he still crying? look sorry i laughed at ya, its tough working in here and you take entertainment where you find it, heh im glad these cells are impossible to escape, as im told i have orders to kill escapees, but thats not realy my scene you know? hang on, if these cells were so good, why would they think there could be escapees?...... the man falls silent and looks at the floor, obviously the dried blood continues to the corridor best not to thing about it eh? and walks off down the corridor

drum-n-bass
2008-11-26, 06:44 PM
*sniff sniff* It's ok. I'm just confused on why you kidnapped me? I don't owe anybody any money, I haven't done anything bad.....why me? Magna says trying to eat the cold sausage And why the cold sausage?

Xsesiv
2008-11-26, 06:45 PM
"And why me? Got something against druggies have you? Short people? You racist bastard."

littlebottom
2008-11-26, 06:51 PM
the guard comes back down the corridor at the comments the cold sasauge? well would you rather have no sasauge?... and i dont know why they kidnapped you, and im not realy in the position to ask if im honest... and you halfling, callin me racist eh? hah look at yer self, most halflings i know are the most racist of them all... apart from this feud between the dwarfs an' elves, but i suppose theirs reason for that.

Xsesiv
2008-11-26, 06:53 PM
"Ha, ha, there you go again you hypocrite, forming an opinion based on a few. Now get out of here, your face reminds me of warpstone."

littlebottom
2008-11-26, 06:57 PM
fred looks at you slightly annoyed yet forgiving you better watch your mouth you know, but i forgive ya i suppose.... i mean i wouldnt like to be in there. anyway i must finish the patrol. and marches down the corridor at a rather quick speed. you are now alone, for atleast 7mins or so

Xsesiv
2008-11-26, 06:58 PM
"Well, I'm not staying in here. You coming out with me?"

drum-n-bass
2008-11-26, 06:59 PM
Sure why not. Magna says looking around the room

Lets do it in pm's so lb wont know what we are doing
1001 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smallbiggr in:

littlebottom
2008-11-26, 07:04 PM
look at post 104 drum

Xsesiv
2008-11-26, 07:06 PM
Axel flicks out the wine.

"So, basically, what we can do is get out there, or get one of them in here, incapacitate them or take the keys, and go out then. Drink of wine?"

drum-n-bass
2008-11-26, 07:11 PM
No thanks, I'm not one for wine. Magna says sitting down on the bed. But what if they have more then those people?

Sorry, didn't see that. My bad.

Xsesiv
2008-11-26, 07:12 PM
"We've got to get out past the others too then. So, you going to help me think of summink? What've we got? Beds, a table, and chairs. And a bottle of wine. Not much, we'll have to think on our feet."

drum-n-bass
2008-11-26, 07:17 PM
Im going to be logging soon, sorry but I have rl stuff like dinner.:smallsmile:

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 12:18 PM
Axel smashes the bottle, takes up a chair and stands on one side of the door, raising an eyebrow as a question with the chair held above his head, and leaves the dwarf to extrapolate his meaning.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 12:32 PM
Magna stares at Axel, before taking a plate and a chair and standing on the opposite side of the door whispering to him What about this?

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 12:33 PM
"Brilliant, now..." Axel sweeps all the remaining cutlery off the table with a huge smash, then knocking down the table, and yelling as before, and lying down in the wreckage behind the table, weilding the broken bottle and a chair leg as a backup.

"You're stronger, you get him when he comes in, I'll distract him.".

"Aaargh, my back! My back!"

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 12:51 PM
Hehehe. Ok. Magna says with a grin on his face. Help!Help!Help!I tink' me legs broken!Help!Help!

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 01:00 PM
Axel whispers to him. "Stay behind the door."

"Help, help! Aaaargh!"

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 01:05 PM
*whispers ok* HELP!!!

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 01:25 PM
"Oooouch! Aaaah! Help meeeeeee..."

Axel, voice fading out very dramatically, adjusts his cloak so that it covers the broken bottle in his right hand.

littlebottom
2008-11-27, 03:13 PM
at first there was no reply to the screams of help, but after a couple of minutes as fred finished another patrol comes into the corridor and hears the yell for help what now? he mutters to himself and pokes his head into the window of the door.

fred sees the halfing lying down in the mess of blood (the wine was red, ok?!?!?!?!!!!!) and yells, HEY IM GONNA NEED YA HELP HERE!, I THINK THIS ONES DIEIN'!!! down the corridor, and quickly unlocks the door and steps in about to rush towards the halfling.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 03:36 PM
(just to let you know it is thanksgiving today, so this will probably be my last post until about 4-5 mountain time gmt-7, so xsesiv can take control of him until then.)

Once the man rushes in the dwarf will yell at the man and hit him with plate then with the chair. Once the halfling gets up he will follow the halfling wherever he goes.

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 04:21 PM
(And here's me thinking you were skiving off school:smallbiggrin:)
If the man turns to face the Dwarf Axel will stab his back with the bottle, and if he gets close enough before realising it is faked, slash at his eyes with the bottle. If the man still manages to stay alive and conscious, the two will try to attack him. He will then hide himself and the dwarf behind the door again, waiting for the help, telling him, "Don't yell when you're sneaking up on people!"

littlebottom
2008-11-27, 05:29 PM
the plate smashes over his head aaarrrrrrghhhhh!!! then the chair catches him at the back of his head then *thump* as his unconcious body hits the floor, the other guard he called to is at the end of the corridor on his way down, still unaware of what is realy happening

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 05:31 PM
Axel will palm the guard's keys, then use his Mimic talent to affect Fred's accent, gazing meaningfully at Magna.

"I told ya the guard was dying! Look at him, he's out cold!"

He goes to the door. "Our guard's unconscious! Help us!"

littlebottom
2008-11-27, 05:36 PM
the man yells on his way down the corridor im comin fred! and as he reaches the doorway he sees fred on the floor unconscious. ang on a minuite! fred just called me to say some one was unconscious but he is... so it couldnt of been him who called... the guard readys his weapon and sidesteps into the room and sees a dwarf standing there WHAT DID YOU DO TO FRED YOU BASTARD!!! but before actually attacking he stands in shock as what has actually happened hits him fully

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 05:37 PM
"That was me calling you! We come from the same town, we have the same accent!"

Axel tries to distract the guard for long enough for Magna to hit him on the head too.

littlebottom
2008-11-27, 05:39 PM
the guard stands in confusement. but fred is the only one here from outside nuln... but this distraction is long enough for you both to make 1 action

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 05:43 PM
"I'm not from Nuln either! I tried to save him, look at all this blood on me!"

He jerks his head at Magna, trying to get him to smash the man's head with his chair.

littlebottom
2008-11-27, 05:44 PM
his gone again... you have a free action anyway and a broken bottle in your hand?

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 06:00 PM
To distract the man and allow Magna to smack him from behind with a chair, Axel lunges with the bottle.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 06:05 PM
Magna swings the chair down on the man with a fury of a thousand suns.

[roll0] attack WS-40|-|40
S-40|+5|45

edit: I think with either one I hit, right?

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 06:07 PM
You would certainly hit a distracted man looking the other way, and you did succed the StS test.

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 06:11 PM
Axel takes the broken bottle and uses it to cut strips from the bed clothes, then binds and gags the guards.

"Now, we've somehow got to sneak out. If I got on your shoulders, do you reckon we could wear the guard's clothes and pretend to be a sorehead?"

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 06:15 PM
Yeah, that would work seen as halflings are like humans, and I'm a sturdy base. Magna says getting himself positioned.

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 06:20 PM
Axel puts on the guard's shirt, which is like a dress on him, and hands Magna his trousers. He then dyes the sheet from a bed in the spilt wine, making a make-shift large cloak, and wraps it round himself and Magna after getting on his shoulders. "Tuck it into something so it doen't come undone," he says. "Your belt or something."

Enc=S+Tx10= 530. Can Magna sustain this?

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 06:23 PM
Magna tucks it into his belt and steadies the halfling on his shoulders.

I'm not sure, how do I found out?

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 06:25 PM
Normally your Sx10, but Dwqaves can take their Sx20.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 06:27 PM
Let's see I have S-40|+5|45 so 45x2=90? correct?
Oh, woops you said x20.

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 06:28 PM
No, you can take 900. That's fine.

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 06:29 PM
"Now go, and pretend to know where you're going."

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 06:36 PM
Uh.. Ok. Magna tries to walk towards the door. Once there he whispers to Axel Left or right?

littlebottom
2008-11-27, 06:38 PM
omg lol, i love it! brilliant plan

EDIT: it might be a good plan if you are sneaking out like that to use your brains as to which way to go and look at older posts. just hinting as you take some of the clothes off the guards, you find a badge reading:

*first private, frederick ableson. security code: 8048323*

(it might be wise to take with you:smallwink:)

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 06:40 PM
"Fefefefebegegehelololokikipiopio...Sorry, just warming up my voice to pretend to be Fred. How's that? Anyway, uhh..I dunno.... whichever way Fred didn't come from, so we don't come across guards."

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 06:42 PM
Ok. I think he came from the right, so lets go to the left. I found a badge, you probably should put it on the shirt. Magna says turning left and waiting before walking forward.

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 06:43 PM
"Ah yes...Hang on." He scratches at the name with a rock till it is illegible. I can say my name's whatever I want now. Anyway, if I kick you with my right foot, bend, so I can get something. If I use my left, go. Twice with my left, run.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 06:45 PM
Ok, what about turning? Magna says waiting for a response and a command.

Xsesiv
2008-11-27, 07:02 PM
"I'll steer with my feet, turning your arms. Hang on, bend over, get us a couple of weapons off the guards."

littlebottom
2008-11-27, 07:04 PM
the guards carry only simple short swords, standard issue, nothing special.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 07:05 PM
Magna bends over so Axel can grab the weapons. Once he gets the weapons, Magna walks off to the left.

littlebottom
2008-11-27, 07:58 PM
as you walk, axel tells you to stop almost too late, and you stop milimeters away from the wall, he then signals to turn right and walk

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 08:08 PM
Backing up he turns right and continues forward through the hall.

littlebottom
2008-11-27, 08:20 PM
you are told by axel that he can see a door to his right with a small barred window in it, and inside looks like your possesions!

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 08:22 PM
Magna walks to the door and waits till Axel tells him to move forward. Once inside he will get the halfling off of him so he can get his stuff.

littlebottom
2008-11-27, 08:25 PM
as you look, there is all your possesions and all axels possesions, but none others, infact, you havnt even seen a window other than those in the door. come to think of it you havnt seen any other cells

drum-n-bass
2008-11-27, 08:54 PM
Hmmm........This is an interesting situation. Magna says getting his possessions together.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 11:05 AM
Axel takes up all his possessions and shoves them inside his clothes, then places the shortsword onto the floor.

"Hmm. No other cells. Where is everything? Do you think we can get out the other way?"

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 12:55 PM
Uhhh...........I'm not exactly sure..... Magna says with a worried look on his face.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 01:10 PM
"Worth a try. Hang on, up I come."

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 01:18 PM
Ok. Lead on! Magna says waiting for direction.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 02:45 PM
Axel signals to retrack their progress through the corridors, heading the other way.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 06:01 PM
the corridor does continue the way you were heading, there was just a door to your right, although its still your choice weather to go back the way you came or continue the way you were going

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 06:04 PM
Hmm...I'll check further along the way I was originally going.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 06:28 PM
after guiding magna the length of the corridor, there is a turn to your right and a short way away, a door, with a sliding eye hole from the other side

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 06:30 PM
Axel will knock, and wait to see who comes to the door, if anyone. Meanwhile he will lean well back.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 06:34 PM
after a couple of seconds the sliding windiw snaps open and a pair of eyes appear they examine you up and down. after another few seconds a voice behind the door says dont recognise you... are you new here?

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 06:36 PM
"Pretty new..." Axel shows him the now illegible badge. "See, I haven't got this engraved yet, and I can't read or write. Anyone in there with you? Maybe someone that can scribe my name on here? Maybe you can do it?"

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 06:38 PM
the eyes look at you slightly suspicious. then requests gimme that badge for a second.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 06:40 PM
Magna carries the halfling as told where to go. He then stops and waits for further instruction

Sorry, I was demolishing my bathroom this afternoon:smallmad: It was not fun.:smallannoyed:

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 06:41 PM
Axel deliberately drops it on to the floor. "Hang on...I have terrible arthritis in my back, it may take a while for me to get it." He bends over giving every semblance of pain, but cannot over-bend for fear of revealing himself. "No use, it's playing up. You may have to get it." Axel then leans back again.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 06:45 PM
you dont look that old... to get arthritus i mean, then again who am i to judge. i think that badge might be one of those ones for temperary or new workers, so the names left blank. anyway come on through he unlocks the door and opens it, he then continues to pick up your badge and hand it too you.

the next room is small with a chair and a book on the chair in the corner and nothing more, except another passage continueing striaght ahead

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 06:46 PM
Magna kinda realized what was going on, once he heard the door open he prepared to move forward.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 06:50 PM
Axel tenses his legs to stop Magna going forward.

Asthe man opens the door and bends to get the badge, Axel whips his skull forward whilst he kicks Magna with his right foot, causing him to bend over so that Axel's head smashes into the back of the man's with the combined strength of both Axel and Magna.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 06:53 PM
the man colapses on the floor and you have a bad pain in your head, if the man were conscious he would wonder "why me? i didnt do anything wrong" but his not conscious so he doesnt manage it :smallwink: the corridor is empty ahead and again turns right at the end

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 06:54 PM
Axel hops off Magna's shoulders, searches the man and then will help Magna carry him back to the cell and tie him up with strips of sheet (if Magna will help that is). Then he will come back.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 06:56 PM
when you reach the cell again, one of the guards is awake, but only just.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 06:56 PM
Axel takes up the chair and quickly knocks him out again. (He's bound and gagged, so would it make a whole lot of difference?)

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 06:57 PM
Magna says Let's get out of here already.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 06:59 PM
Axel agrees and goes back to the corridor with the chair, pausing only to snag the book and hop onto Magna's shoulders.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 07:00 PM
he might be bound and gagged but if you hadnt have came back and the other managed to wake up they could of done something to draw attention thus raising the alarm

the man falls unconscious again. and with possible brain damage, but who knows or cares?

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 07:03 PM
Whats further down the corridor?

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 07:04 PM
another right turn

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 07:05 PM
Axel signals the right turn.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 07:06 PM
Magna takes the right turn.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 07:08 PM
as you look to your right, (now infront) you see a couple more paces worth of corridor then it widens out to the left to make a large room, straight ahead the room turns into a corridor again and has a door on its right at the end.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 07:09 PM
Axel has Magna walk down the corridor to the large room to see if anyone is there he is going to have to blag his way past.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 07:14 PM
there is no one there, the room has a few tables and chairs, with open packs of playing cards and dice on the tables, but a double door at the far end

(axel will need to take a perception (easy)test to guide magna through the chairs and tables and magna must take an inteligence (routine) to use common sense and follow the instructions)

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 07:16 PM
Instead of breaking his neck, Axel gets off of Magna and they walk to the opposite end, Axel snagging some cards and dice. At the end, Axel gets back onto Magna.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 07:17 PM
Magna too will take some dice and cards.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 07:18 PM
At the end of the room they stack up again and Axel tries to open the door, unless it's locked. If it is he will try his keys.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 07:19 PM
i was hoping you would do that (bonus exp for using your brain instead of sticking to what ive said(if you know what i mean))

the double doors have no windows just simple pushing handles

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 07:19 PM
Axel-on-Magna opens the door and goes in.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 07:23 PM
as you go through you see two guards one eaither side of a staircase straight ahead, that leads up with a hatch at the top, the guards vertually ignore you though,

(this time you cant skip the tests if you dont want a fight though, unless you think of something truely amazing, a very easy agility test for magna to walk up the stairs without tripping (+30) and easy strength test for axel to open the hatch at the top)

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 07:29 PM
Call at the guards: "Hey, the prisoners' stuff has been stolen! The boss told me to get help! I'm here to take over the hatch while you go and help them work out what happened, we think they've escaped!"

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 07:30 PM
the guards look at you and ponder reluctantly for a moment [roll0] int 26 (oh damn lucky that these guys are thick) they look at each other in puzzlement for a moment, and decide they might as well go check it out, without a word they walk past you and slowly shuffle off towards the room with the prisoners belongings, luckily for you they head right (the way you came round and hopefully wont look in your cell)

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 07:35 PM
"Right! Better not let them get back!"

Axel gets off Magna, goes back for the chairs and tables, and (hopefully with Magna's help) brings as many of them in as he feels is possible, and stacks them against the doors before climbing the stairs and opening the hatch, sticking only his head out and not opening the hatch much. What do I see?

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 07:49 PM
im gonna log shortly after this, might get 1 or 2 replys in if your quick

as you look out the hatch, true daylight blinds you momentarily compared to the dully lit corridors down there. when you regain your sight you see that you are actually in a field. and the hatch has grass growing on the top to make it blend in.

as you look directly forward you see something you proberbly wasnt expecting (or atleast i hope you wernt) you see a sharply dressed noble watching you on his left are the 2 guys who kidnapped you, with bandages around the one guys head, and on the right is a man you dont recognise (magna will though) magna recognises him as the man who kidnapped him, the other 5 men are spread out around the noble facing the hatch.

the noble claps unenthusiastically, yet, clearly impressed. ah, i see you made it out, i came as soon as i heard you were awake, from what i heard from my employees here, you two had alot of potential pointing at the bandaged mans head. you my friends, are the first to actually have made it out... its been bloody months! he says losing his cool slightly, then goes back to his relaxed state i have been waiting for some one like you two... resourceful, intelligent, quick thinking, stealthy, and can hold their own in a battle if it comes to it... how do you think to becoming my... personal workers. these guys are useful, but you will often be given assignments out of town aswell as in, ofcourse when your not needed, you are permitted to live out your normal lives. obviously the pay is good... but you must never mention your conections to me, to anyone other than those here.of corse, you can refuse and go back to your normal lives, but wouldnt it be a shame if harm were to befall you in your sleep? he glances at his other "workers" obviously i will not be disclosing my name to you unless you accept, what do you say?

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 07:52 PM
"I accept," says Axel, always willing to take the path of least resistance.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 07:54 PM
good, meet me at my house tomorrow noon, i will give you the information on your first assignment the noble turns to magna and you?

(you can reply anyway Xsesiv)

he will not announce his name or where his home is till both have accepted

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 08:33 PM
Axel looks, fairly worried, at the bandaged man, and grins sheepishly.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 08:35 PM
Even though you are a ruthless and evil being, I will accept only because of the pay and I liked working with the clever halfling. Magna says with a grin.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 08:36 PM
"Cheers, mate." Axel returns the grin happily. "I liked working with the powerful Dwarf."

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 08:45 PM
the man with a bandage on his head says to axel dont worry about it, your with us now, and anyway we got you back for it. you suddenly remember that when you woke up, the pain in your body... no wonder.

im glad too see you both accept my offer, come into my coach. the noble walks through the field and another till he reaches a dirt track with a coach waiting and gets inside, come in. he repeats.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 08:46 PM
Thank ye. Now, if ye don't mind me askin', wat exactly will we be doin' as yer personal workers? Magna says.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 08:49 PM
Axel has some trouble getting in the human sized coach. "Uhh..If you wouldn't mind..."

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 08:49 PM
many different kinds of assignments, sometimes stealth is required, gathering information... spying, persuading people who owe money to me to give it to me, and if they refuse, they might just have an accident the noble winks

the man with a bandage on his head says ill help, by the way, the names oliver. oliver says helping axel into the coach

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 08:50 PM
"Protagonism? Spying? I can do that."

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 08:54 PM
Scrambling into the coach Magna nervously asks Could we have some food? I'm not sure about my friend here, but that sausage didn't do much for me, being cold and all, and I'm hungry after that endeavor.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 08:57 PM
"Food would certainly be a welcome bonus." Finally Axel manages to use the wheel as a step to get in the coach, and pulls out his clay pipe and newly-reaquired tobacco-pouch. "Till then, d'you mind if I smoke? I haven't had a good pipe since the night before last."

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 09:00 PM
yes well thats the general theme, but of course its all strictly off the record, and when you dont have an assignment i want you to live your life as normal so people are less suspicious... half of my men are "dead" or at least presumed to be, thats one of the reasons i hired them, but i didnt exactly get the best quality out of them, as you might well have noticed. thats why i want you two, thats why we... tested... people to see if they were good enough, which you are, and you will be sent in when i want no mistakes.

after axel is helped on oliver shuts the coach door and yells to the driver to drive

ah were off, my name is richard, richard the third son of leirven, my fullname is richard von lierven, but you may call me richard, off duty, sir on duty. i am the current owner of the leirven manor home, in nuln as the rest of my family is currently in altdorf

the journy will take about an hour.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 09:03 PM
"I like being considered the elite," says Axel, as he runs a flint spark-producer down his knife pouring sparks into his pipe, and holds it out the window. "What are you now, sir or Richard? Hang on. Did I see you at some party for the nobility a week, or so, ago?"

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 09:03 PM
read a few posts back, i edited to help you on the coach

food? yes, of course, he turns ands produces a bottle of wine and several different types of food, some sasuage, some bacon, some cheese and biscuits, and a selection of fruit

yes i do believe i saw you at the party, it was the birthday of a friend of mine, and i did happen to notice those sticky fingers of yours, one of the reasons i chose you for this test

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 09:04 PM
Magna will quietly sit by the window looking out for the journey unless something sparks his interest and nibbling on fruit, cheese, biscuits, bacon and sausage that he puts on his lap.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 09:06 PM
Axel coughs at the "sticky fingers" remark. He smokes his pipe while stuffing his tiny face with food."Ehhh, Magna, I never asked you what you did. Are you a professional smith, like so many Dwarves, or...?"

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 09:09 PM
most of the hour passes with very little said,

were about 5 minuites away from nuln now, better get ready, i will drop you both off by your homes, i want you to go back and continue your day asif it was a normal day... what time is it roughly driver?

'bout 1 o'clock sir

if anybody asks why you were away, im sure you can think of an excuse?

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 09:09 PM
Magna puts down a biscuit filled with cheese and sausage to answer the question Well, I do what I can to get by. I specialize in three main trades gem cutting, weaponsmithing, and stoneworking. But other than that, yes you could say that.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 09:10 PM
"Ha, nobody will ask me, so I'm alright on that front."

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 09:11 PM
Eh. I will just say that I had family business to attend to.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 09:12 PM
"Lucky bastard. At least you have a family. Well then, just drop me anywhere in Nuln, I'll carry on from there, if you tell me where to go, your place I mean."

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 09:14 PM
good, im sure you will get some more shows to proform on, by recomendation. he raises an eyebrow as if to ask if that was ok.

he then addresses magna and im sure that you will be getting more custom comeing your way on account of selling such a fine dagger. im sure it will be of great benifit to your business he also raises an eyebrow to you to ask the same

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 09:15 PM
the noble gives you directions to the house, and tells you to say to the guards that you are there by summons of richard himself. and they should let you in

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 09:15 PM
Axel nods in appreciation and knocks the dottle from his pipe out of the window. "You appear to be a very influential man. I look forward to working with you. Or under you. Or alongside you. Whichever."

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 09:17 PM
ah we arrive in nuln, i shall drop you off by your shop first

he turns to axel i shall drop you reletively close to the market, as im sure this will help you pull a bigger crowd?

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 09:19 PM
"I favour the streets. Markets are too close to stalls for unappreciative listeners to buy and throw fruit."

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 09:21 PM
ah i see, i am no expert in your fields of course.

you arrive at magnas shop and the coach stops

ah here we are, you may as well be off now, i shall send you both a little something in an hour or so.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 09:29 PM
"Not another bunch of thugs to beat us up, I hope. Magna, I will help to increase traffic and make us both a tidy sum."

Axel hops out and lands neatly on the floor outside Magna's shop, then begins to directly address the crowd.

"It's like I've been saying, Nuln is one big, happy family. Yes, I'm talking about you, you inbreds. No, just back off. Oh s**t. There's something I found out not too long ago - there are no swear words in the Eltharin language. Elves, thinking they're so great with their bony bows - Who fletches them? I mean, you'd have to stand up, Humans can't make them and I can't see an Elf doing - this." He sticks his rear end out behind him as he bends double pretending to fletch a bow. "Now, who does it? Can't be Halflings." He affects a stereotypical Halfling voice as he jumps up pretending to hold the bow. "I can't reach! And it's not Dwarves.""Here I am, makin' Elfbows. Sellin' Elfbows. Ter Elves. My innate enemies, who I've hated for millenia. Why they keep shootin' me in tha face as soon as they get tha bows, I'll never know..."""

He goes off on tangents for a few more hours.

Performer (Comedian) (Fel 53) +10 from Mimic, difficulty 63 [roll0]

OK, six degrees of success, that's very good.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 09:34 PM
axel pulls quite a crowd over the next couple of hours, and actually makes a grand total of 4Gc off of peasants and commoners and an extra 5Gc from the odd noble who donated a gold as they passed by, normally would not have put the effort in to get past the crowd of peasants to pay a street proformer, but this one had a certain attraction about him (called rolling a 1 lol)

drum, you may also give a summery of what you will be doing over the next few hours, when you get back and ive replyed to it i should also have given exp in the OOC.

drum-n-bass
2008-11-28, 09:39 PM
Magna scrambles out of the coach. He hopes to find his shop closed. He then goes inside and starts up the bellows and fires. He then puts his apron and gloves on and gets his tools ready. He then waits for people to start coming in or by to make weapons.

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 09:41 PM
Axel's voice, amidst the sounds of a crowd, wafts in from the outside. (Increased traffic to the shop?)

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 09:44 PM
axel has pulled quite a crowd not too far away, and this has attracted some custom into the shop, within the first 20 minutes back you have 14 customers, a few bought the odd dagger and the like giving negligible amounts of profit but one has come in asking for a high quality short sword and if he thinks its good enough his willing to pay extra (roll on trade (weaponsmith) dont forget your bonuses)

also, a woman of reasonable wealth has came in, with 5 uncut diamonds, and noticed you delt with that type of thing and wishes to sell them to someone who can make something nice out of them, she wants 15Gc for the lot, roll an evaluate roll (dont forget bonuses) and if you wish to buy them make a haggle roll (again bonuses) to try and get them for less

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 10:04 PM
S 45 for weapon +10 Dwarfcraft and Int for Evaluate and Haggle is 33, +10 for Deal Maker.

[roll0] for Trade (Weaponsmith)(vs 55)
[roll1] for Evaluate(vs 43)
[roll2] for Haggle (vs 43)

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 10:04 PM
the man asking for the short sword sees your sword, and sees its got dwarvan craftmanship but its not quite what he was looking for, so he pays you 3Gc for the sword and leaves.

after inspecting the diamonds you realise she thinks shes asked for alot of money but compared to the 10Gc each per diamond that they are worth, its worth the price,

after a little haggleing and convinceing her they were not of best quality (its almost impossible to get 5 best quality uncut diamonds, so you didnt lie :smallwink:) she drops it to 10Gc and you deal. and get work on them straight away, (roll a gemcrafting roll, also what are you making them into? simply cutting them or putting them into a single ring? or 5 rings?)

Xsesiv
2008-11-28, 10:17 PM
Trade (Gemcutter) is based on Ag, so it's 1d100 against your Ag (20) and a bonus of 10 for Dwarfcraft, 30 in total.

littlebottom
2008-11-28, 10:28 PM
im too tired to wait so ill do this one for you, sorry

[roll0] gemcutting 30

failed by a factor of 2,

the gems have come out better than average as they were realy good to begin with although the quality of the cut has brought its price down slightly
8Gc per diamond now, but hey still a nice profit, and who knows, if you sell it to a non professional, they might never notice the slightly odd angle on one or two cuts here and there.

Xsesiv
2008-11-29, 11:18 AM
Once the sun starts to go down, Axel wanders into Magna's shop. "D'you want to go down the tavern?"

drum-n-bass
2008-11-29, 11:31 AM
Sure. Let me close up shop and then I'll take you to my favorite. Magna closes his shop up nice and tight this time and walks down to his favorite with Axel. Once there he orders some dinner and some ale.

Xsesiv
2008-11-29, 12:03 PM
Axel walks down to the bar.

"A plate of whatever you have on the menu, and a pint of Golden Drop, if you have that, sir."

littlebottom
2008-11-29, 05:46 PM
sure here you go, heres ya stuff, 9p in total... whos ya friend magna? says the barkeep (9p for in total for both of you)

the food is a plate of best sasauges, fresh from the butcher, you each get a clouple extra sasauges

Xsesiv
2008-11-29, 05:49 PM
Axel hands over the 9p and feigns shock. "You haven't heard of me? I am Axel Udo, entertainer of nobles and master comedian. Incidentally, do you do entertainment here?"

littlebottom
2008-11-29, 05:52 PM
never heard of ya, too busy in here ya see, well nice to meetcha, an we do have a veriety show of sorts of a friday night why do you ask?

Xsesiv
2008-11-29, 05:55 PM
"I was wondering if I could take a support slot, for a few Karls. I will increase your revenue certainly, I have had a few bookings from nobility and eight years' experience."

littlebottom
2008-11-29, 05:58 PM
hmm, sure you can do a show, course your pay will depend on what i make on the night, so better you do and bigger crowd, bigger pay. that alright with ya?