1. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (3.X) (Creature) (Spell) Organ Undead, Nightmares of Anatomy (P.E.A.C.H.)

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    In the order I ended up reading them

Secondly: Sounds fine so long as you recall that destroying/commanding doesn't change with the result of your turning check and is strictly based on your cleric level. The +/- usually isn't a change to an effective character level (relevant for both destroying/commanding, and turning/rebuking), but a numerical result that effects turning and rebuking. I'd probably drop the cleric level thing to avoid confusion, unless this in intentional in which case I'd be shocked and skeptical enough to ant to see it in action first.
    I think we are in agreement, it just controls IF you effect them not HOW you effect them if you do. To put in another way, it isn't relevant to the difference between turning and destroying or commanding vs rebuking.

But to clarify, what do you mean by "cleric level thing"?
    Firstly: gotta agree here.
    Yeah, it was Scholar23 who suggested reducing the DCs. I'd be interested to see what he thinks of my arguments.
    Lastly: Well I haven't looked at it, but I tend not to mind complexity, and enjoy the creative mechanics that often match creative fluff when people put that much time into it. This is one of my greatest two weaknesses in my own homebrew, but as a GM such homebrew generally draws me in more fully to help me focus when I'm pouring through 200+ requests for an epic gestalt game with 40+ players applying.
    I assume that 200+ requests for epic gesalt games, and 40+ players applying for each game that you actually run?
    (sadly many such people are ill accustomed to homebrewing on the forums so wording and formatting ends up a problem. Glad you're not one of them(/us?).
    I frequently have problems with wording, but that is more about how to phrase specific ideas that don't fit the normal mold, or the fact that I tend to write very long sentences and/or paragraphs.
    My two biggest weaknesses:
    1) I homebrewed more before joining the forum, so I only have two classes up at the moment.
    Can you/are you going to transfer your stuff from other websites (files on you own computer?) eventually?
    I know how that can get, with trying to transfer my fanfics between sites.
    2) I make them how I want them. This means that the fluff is often limiting (which I view more as a problem that you work out with your GM then that I change), and that I don't like stealing all the mechanics and just saying "Monk with smite instead of slow fall", I end up instead making up whole new systems of mechanics, so not many people consider themselves "qualified" to say anything about em.
    A person after my own heart, since a lot of my stuff has similarly rich fluff... of course, just as often I am often mechanics driven, so a lot of my stuff has next to NO fluff, such as the PrC for Tome of Battle material that focuses on stances to the exclusion of maneuvers. Someone could make up fluff for it about the philosophies that lead to that type of training, and if they hang out together or just happen randomly within the pool of Martial Initiators, but I have no motivation to do such.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-08-04 at 01:16 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.